NATION

PASSWORD

US Government Shutdown- It's Over!... For Now

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Will the government shutdown in three weeks?

Yes
103
77%
No
31
23%
 
Total votes : 134

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65825
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:58 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Not quite: there's a few edge cases that might or might not be natural-born citizens (and, for that matter, having two American citizens as parents might not count).

Under the current law having at least one parent counts. And tbh I really don’t care if it’s in the constitution or not. Immigration law pretty much states the IM isn’t a automatic citizen and therefore can’t be president.

Which was the original fucking point until Vass got pissy about the damn constitution

There’s two items of note:

1) Subsequent laws can not define what the terms in the constitution mean. Otherwise the constitution would be largely meaningless.

2) There is not equality in the current “one parent counts” rule. There are additional rules and requirements if the one parent is the father.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... broad.html
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
Xmara
Minister
 
Posts: 3003
Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:16 am

Day 29. We have almost hit the one month mark. Are we gonna go for two months? Three? Forever?

Par Chic wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:antifa also assaulted a liberal for carrying a US flag, calling it a "fascist symbol".

So, antifa can fuck off.


So you support fascists?


That is a major loaded question. One can hate antifa without supporting fascists.

As for another civil war happening? Yeah, I don’t see that happening. Tensions are definitely high, but I just don’t see it happening in the near future.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Pink- Pandemic
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver


About Me | Great Quotes from NS | Side note: I’m female.

Copy and paste this into your sig if you think we should colonize other planets

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33424
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:30 am

Xmara wrote:Day 29. We have almost hit the one month mark. Are we gonna go for two months? Three? Forever?


It's already been a month long, February is only 28 days long.

Par Chic wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:antifa also assaulted a liberal for carrying a US flag, calling it a "fascist symbol".

So, antifa can fuck off.


So you support fascists?



No.

And I don't support any group that is violent towards it's political opponents.

User avatar
The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister
 
Posts: 2517
Founded: Jun 13, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:37 am

Par Chic wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:antifa also assaulted a liberal for carrying a US flag, calling it a "fascist symbol".

So, antifa can fuck off.


So you support fascists?

Antifa is the worst way to stop fascism. It actually makes it easier for the fascists.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59636
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:39 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
Par Chic wrote:
So you support fascists?

Antifa is the worst way to stop fascism. It actually makes it easier for the fascists.

Antifa also has a shitty ideology to boot
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13354
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:40 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:Antifa is the worst way to stop fascism. It actually makes it easier for the fascists.

Antifa also has a shitty ideology to boot

And they're not even good at stopping fascists without violence. With violence, they are ineffective at best.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister
 
Posts: 2517
Founded: Jun 13, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:42 am

The South Falls wrote:And they're not even good at stopping fascists without violence. With violence, they are ineffective at best.

I mean, if you really wanted to stop fascists with violence, just line them up against the wall and shoot them. Getting them even angrier is stupid.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13354
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
The South Falls wrote:And they're not even good at stopping fascists without violence. With violence, they are ineffective at best.

I mean, if you really wanted to stop fascists with violence, just line them up against the wall and shoot them. Getting them even angrier is stupid.

And that's where the laws kick in. Fascists should live, but they don't make this world better.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59636
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:52 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
The South Falls wrote:And they're not even good at stopping fascists without violence. With violence, they are ineffective at best.

I mean, if you really wanted to stop fascists with violence, just line them up against the wall and shoot them. Getting them even angrier is stupid.

We could always go the Chinese and Soviet route and roll tanks into the area
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13354
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:53 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:I mean, if you really wanted to stop fascists with violence, just line them up against the wall and shoot them. Getting them even angrier is stupid.

We could always go the Chinese and Soviet route and roll tanks into the area

Through all of America?
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26493
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:55 am

The South Falls wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:We could always go the Chinese and Soviet route and roll tanks into the area

Through all of America?


We have a lot of tanks.
For the benefit of all humankind

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 140625
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ifreann » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:57 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
Par Chic wrote:
So you support fascists?

Antifa is the worst way to stop fascism. It actually makes it easier for the fascists.

That's not true, even according to fascists themselves. Richard Spencer has said that consistent antifa protests have taken all the fun out of public speaking. Charlottesville was meant to bring fascists into the mainstream, and instead it ruined them. Subsequent far-right rallies saw fascists massively outnumbered by counter protesters. And now where are they? Do they even try to have rallies any more?
Mistake Not My Current State Of Regular Thorough Handwashing For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Mask Wearing That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Social Distancing
He/Him

You've got a lonesome road to walk, and it ain't along the railroad track, and it ain't along the black-top tar you walked a hundred times before.
I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, likewise the road to ruin.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59636
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:59 am

The South Falls wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:We could always go the Chinese and Soviet route and roll tanks into the area

Through all of America?

If I had the power I’d make the Stasi look like child’s play
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13354
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:03 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Through all of America?

If I had the power I’d make the Stasi look like child’s play

Remind your representative to please keep therm from government.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26493
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:04 am

The South Falls wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:If I had the power I’d make the Stasi look like child’s play

Remind your representative to please keep therm from government.


Will do.
For the benefit of all humankind

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59636
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:10 am

Yall are no fun.
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Galloism
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65825
Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:13 am

Thermodolia wrote:Yall are no fun.

I'll vote for you. It will make CSPAN more interesting.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.


User avatar
The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister
 
Posts: 2517
Founded: Jun 13, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:14 am

Ifreann wrote:That's not true, even according to fascists themselves. Richard Spencer has said that consistent antifa protests have taken all the fun out of public speaking. Charlottesville was meant to bring fascists into the mainstream, and instead it ruined them. Subsequent far-right rallies saw fascists massively outnumbered by counter protesters. And now where are they? Do they even try to have rallies any more?

The far right also says that their planning was terrible and it would have been a failure either way. Also, you’re confusing fascists with neo-fascists. They both are bad, but only one is the real thing.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9219
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:14 am

Thermodolia wrote:Yall are no fun.


Buncha status quo lovers..

User avatar
Valrifell
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26493
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Valrifell » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:18 am

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Yall are no fun.


Buncha status quo lovers..


Oh sure, the first round of purges might be fun, but when I start not liking Therm's authoritarian nature the second round will be far less fun.
For the benefit of all humankind

User avatar
The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister
 
Posts: 2517
Founded: Jun 13, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:20 am

Valrifell wrote: the second round will be far less fun.

NKVD America edition
Last edited by The Galactic Liberal Democracy on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59636
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:22 am

Galloism wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Yall are no fun.

I'll vote for you. It will make CSPAN more interesting.

You get a gulag! And you get a gulag!
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59636
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:29 am

Valrifell wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
Buncha status quo lovers..


Oh sure, the first round of purges might be fun, but when I start not liking Therm's authoritarian nature the second round will be far less fun.

I like you. You’ll make it to at least the fourth
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
British Tackeettlaus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 114
Founded: Oct 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby British Tackeettlaus » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:31 am

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
Ifreann wrote:That's not true, even according to fascists themselves. Richard Spencer has said that consistent antifa protests have taken all the fun out of public speaking. Charlottesville was meant to bring fascists into the mainstream, and instead it ruined them. Subsequent far-right rallies saw fascists massively outnumbered by counter protesters. And now where are they? Do they even try to have rallies any more?

The far right also says that their planning was terrible and it would have been a failure either way. Also, you’re confusing fascists with neo-fascists. They both are bad, but only one is the real thing.


It is still true that Antifa won this round. They are one of the reasons there probably not be anything on the scale of Charlottesville any time in the near future. It's not just the counter protesting and violence towards the fascists* although it is a factor, it is also the work they did recording, outing and doxxing attendees. This is a major disincentive to attending a fascist* event as many of them face issues with their friends, family and employers when outed.

Overall I do think Antifa are a negative force, they scare the normies. And they have hit the wrong targets and they are basically hated by 90% of people.

*I am just calling them fascists because I can't be bothered to argue semantics. Fascists, Neo-Fascists, Identitarians, Alt-Right, Ethnonationalists, White nationalists etc. etc. etc. whatever they are calling themselves this month, they still unironically want to commit violence against me and people I care about. They advocate deporting my mother and my girlfriend and maybe my daughter too, or sending them to camps. They unironically would like a country where I am sent to a camp or thrown from a helicopter. So Don't necessarily care about violence being commited against them.
Last edited by British Tackeettlaus on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13354
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:37 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Oh sure, the first round of purges might be fun, but when I start not liking Therm's authoritarian nature the second round will be far less fun.

I like you. You’ll make it to at least the fourth

how many are there? 5? 12? 20? 2000?
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -Astoria-, Absolon-7, Austria-Bohemia-Hungary, Cekoviu, Celritannia, Diopolis, Eahland, Glorious Hong Kong, Heloin, Labbos, Martis Urbe, Novus America, Old Hope, Post War America, Shrillland, State of Turelisa, The Black Forrest, Vassenor, Vilhelumea

Advertisement

Remove ads