NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA 7- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:25 pm

----o-֎-o----

‭Kai Qiang and Houzhi Chang were having breakfast together, as they usually did before every race -- except this time they were sharing their table with Dinggu Wang, Mendok Sherpa, and two bodyguards. Qiang noticed that Tenzing was eating weisswurst at another table. He wanted to ask the bodyguards what kind of magic Tenzing used and how powerful he was, but there was no way to do that without pointing him out to Chang, Wang, and Mendok. (He was sure that Tenzing was a magician of some kind, but had not thought to ask what kind when they crossed paths the first time.)

‭Houzhi Chang was talking about tires and the timing of pit stops and that sort of thing, and Qiang had to turn his attention away from Tenzing to listen to his crew chief. When he looked at the other table again, Tenzing was gone. Qiang's bodyguard scowled at him, apparently displeased that Qiang had noticed Tenzing's coming and going. It was very awkward that they couldn't talk about it with other people at the table. Qiang excused himself to use the restroom. His bodyguard said, "I better go too," and followed him to the men's room.

‭As he walked into the men's room, Qiang overheard Tenzing talking on his phone saying, "He picked me out in, like, five seconds. It was like he knew I would be there, and he knew I had a fake passport too. Oh, hang on, I think someone's coming in the bathroom."

‭"Hi, Tenzing," said Qiang. "I actually had a question about you, but since you're here, maybe you can tell me yourself."

‭Tenzing threw open the door of the stall and burst out with his phone in his hand, his eyes wide with surprise, and his face red with anger. "What are YOU doing in here???" he demanded.

‭Qiang gestured at his bodyguard. "I was looking for somewhere I could talk to him in private."

‭"Okay, you're getting WAY too nosy!" the bodyguard said. He grabbed Qiang roughly and shoved him against the wall. "Did you know Tenzing was in here?"

‭"No, I was just looking for somewhere I could talk to you in private," Qiang said, cowering in the bodyguard's shadow. "I swear."

‭"I told you not to talk to him," said the bodyguard, "and here you are following him into the men's room and asking him questions."

‭"I was just curious what kind of magic he uses," Qiang explained nervously. "And I didn't know he was in here."

‭"If I tell you about my magic, will you answer my questions?" said Tenzing.

‭"Yeah, sure," said Qiang. He had no idea how the situation had spiraled out of control so badly that he was now being threatened by his own bodyguard.

‭"How did you know I was government agent?" Tenzing asked.

‭"You're a Sherpa," said Qiang. "We're not in the Sherpa Empire, and Sherpas don't watch NSSCRA."

‭"How could you be so sure I was a Sherpa when I was wearing Western clothes?" Tenzing asked. "I'm sure there are other ethnicities I could be mistaken for."

‭"I guessed the government would send a magician for back-up, and you were the only person around that looked like they might be Sherpa, so I figured it must be you."

‭"And how did you know I was using a fake passport?" Tenzing asked.

‭"Because that's what the government does," said Qiang. "They issue passports that have fake names like Tenzing Norgay or Shen Nong or Yang Guifei."

‭"I wouldn't expect a high school drop out from the back end of nowhere to know that sort of thing," Tenzing said.

‭"Just because I don't have a diploma doesn't mean I'm stupid or that I don't know what's going on in the world," said Qiang. "I dropped out because my father died."

‭"Sorry to hear that," said Tenzing. "Your mother doesn't work?"

‭"Dead people usually don't work."

‭Tenzing nodded. "Yes, I hear there's a lot of workplace discrimination against the dead. I said I would tell you about my magic if you answered my questions. I have blood magic, but I'm not very powerful, so I mostly rely on talismans. And my name really is Tenzing, just not Tenzing Norgay." He tapped the bodyguard on the arm. "You can let him go."

‭"You sure?" the bodyguard asked.

‭"Yeah. He needs to get ready for the race."

‭The bodyguard still looked doubtful, but he released his grip. Qiang straightened his shirt and went back out to his table. He was sure his name was being put on some kind of watchlist, but he didn't have time to worry about that now. Tenzing was right: he needed to get ready for the race.

‭In the men's room, Tenzing returned to his phone call. "Did you hear all that?"

‭"Yeah," said the voice on the other end of the line.

‭"It's fishy as hell," said Tenzing. "Start a file on him as a suspected Chinese separatist and possible Northern spy."

‭When he arrived at the track, Qiang was still trying to make sense of how a bit of idle curiosity and a simple trip to the men's room had been enough to land him on a government watchlist. His luck was amazingly bad sometimes. He wished he had never spotted Tenzing.

‭Sometimes, Qiang thought intelligence and talent were curses more than blessings. The less attentive drivers, who hadn't noticed Tenzing or any other government magicians that might be tailing them, were probably not on any watchlists. People who never had Qiang's success never had to deal with the jealousy, the haters, and the scrutiny that he had to deal with. He didn't miss the back-breaking labor from his old life as a farmer, but he did miss being able to open his mouth without catching the government's attention, and without being humiliated on national television like he had been earlier in the season. The fad for obscene images and violent fanfics about him had died down, but the incident in the men's room had brought it to mind again. Being slammed against the wall by his own bodyguard had reminded him just how helpless he was if people ever decided to act out their violent fantasies.

‭The crowds and commotion at the track did nothing to improve his state of mind. Being surrounded by crowds of kerbals made him feel very small, even more than usual.

‭He hoped his bad luck would not carry over to the race. Having that kind of luck on the track was a good way to land in the ER, and Qiang did not want to end up like Jeremiah Brooke. But he knew he still had to keep his cool and focus on the race. He was at the bottom of the Chase standings, and he only had two races to turn things around. Being a nervous wreck would have to wait till later.

‭He got off to a good start, staying near the front through the first half of the race, but coming out of the pits after a caution for a Lourdina Westgrens wreck, one of his wheels was loose, and he was forced to return to the pit so the tire changers could correct their mistake. In the last laps of the race, he ran well and fought his way back into the top 5, but just barely. It was enough to move him up from 8th to 7th in the Chase ranks, but it would still be an uphill battle to qualify for the championship round, and he only had one more race to dig himself out of the hole.

‭Liangmei Li and Dinggu Wang finished one after the other in 7th and 8th. Wang was annoyed that he hadn't managed to catch Li, even though she seemed to be struggling the last few laps of the race. He wasn't sure if she was having some kind of trouble with her car or if she was just getting tired. Wang didn't quite get people like Li and Qiang that were skinny as toothpicks, but still expected to be able to force thousands of kilos of metal to go where they wanted.

‭As a matter of fact, Li had drank too much coffee before the race, and that could be a problem when you were cooped up in a car for a couple of hours. As soon as she got out of her car, she made a bee-line for the bathroom.

----o-֎-o----

‭Qiang's bodyguard was staying in the room next to his, which meant he could overhear all the noise when Mendok came in for the night. He couldn't put on headphones to block it out because it was part of his job to listen for any sound of trouble. It was going to be a long night... Mendok started up with her silly chatter, talking needlessly loud and giggling at God-only-knew-what. Qiang spoke more softly, except for occasional protests or cries of surprise. The bodyguard could hear them moving things around. Conversation gave way to wordless noises.

‭There was a loud crash and Mendok screamed. "Oh, shit!" said Qiang. There was some muffled conversation that the bodyguard couldn't hear through the wall.

‭"Is everything okay over there?" he asked.

‭No answer.

‭He knocked on the wall to get their attention. "Is everything okay?"

‭Still no answer, though he could hear indistinct voices and the clatter of small items being rattled around.

‭"No!" Mendok cried out, though the bodyguard wasn't sure if she was answering him or reacting to something in the other room. She said something else that he couldn't hear through the wall.

‭There was a muffled scream like, "Mmmmmrf!!!" and the scrape of something heavy being dragged across the floor.

‭The bodyguard knew it was normal for Qiang and Mendok to be noisy, but this didn't seem like their usual noise. He texted Tenzing, then went to investigate. The door was locked, but he had a copy of the key. He unlocked the door and opened it slowly.

‭Mendok screamed and stumbled toward the bed, snatching up a blanket to cover herself. "Don't you KNOCK???" Nobody was in the room except her and Qiang, though the room was a mess and there was a lamp smashed on the floor.

‭The bodyguard stumbled back and almost tripped over his own feet. "Y-you didn't answer when I asked if everything was okay," he stammered.

‭"I didn't HEAR you!!!"

‭Qiang couldn't move because he was tied to a luggage rack, but he looked angry enough to kill someone. "GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM, YOU FAT FUCK!!!"

‭"Okay! Jeez!" The bodyguard went back out in the hall and slammed the door behind him. "They don't pay me enough to see shit like this!"

‭He went back to his own room and picked up the magazine that he had been reading, but a couple of minutes later he was interrupted by a knock on his door. As he walked over to answer it, he heard voices in the hall. "Is everything okay?" Tenzing asked.

‭"No!" Kai Qiang answered. "This idiot just barged into my room for no reason!"

‭The bodyguard threw the door open and fired back, "I heard something crashing and they didn't answer when I asked if everything was okay!"

‭"I haven't heard a peep from the people you're supposed to be protecting me from, but this is the second time today that I've had a problem with you!" said Qiang. He was wearing a silky dark blue bathrobe. Tenzing was leaning against the wall behind him, dressed in jeans and a black Space Ogres T-shirt, studying Qiang a little more intently than was entirely normal. (He wasn't actually a Space Ogres fan; he just wore foreign T-shirts to make his nationality and ethnic background less obvious.)

‭"You've got red marks on your wrists," said Tenzing. "Someone tied you up?"

‭"Mendok did that, and it's none of your business!"

‭Tenzing smiled and said, "Oh, I think it's my business if you're stealing our women."

‭"You wouldn't know what to do with a woman even if you had one!" said Qiang. "I see the way you're looking at me!"

‭Tenzing patted him on the shoulder. "Just testing to see if you'd notice. I'm trying to figure out if you were honest with me this morning, so I wanted to see if you're as quick to pick up other things as you were guessing what my job is."

‭Qiang brushed his hand away. "Yeah, and Tenzing is a fake name."

‭"I told you, my name really is Tenzing."

‭"And you really are gay!"

‭"I could have kept it to myself if I didn't want to test you."

‭"You should have kept it to yourself!"

‭Tenzing was still smiling. "I know you don't swing that way."

‭"You guys are seriously unprofessional, both of you! And you both need to keep your hands off me and stay the hell out of my room!"

‭The big burly bodyguard looked confused. He turned to Tenzing and said, "Wait... You're gay?"

‭"Ha! I told you I can keep it to myself when I want to."

‭"But..."

‭"Don't worry; I'm not attracted to you."

----o-֎-o----

‭Qiang and his crew stocked up on chocolate spice cookies so they'd have something better than airline food to snack on during their flight, and then it was off to Vangaziland.

‭Meeting Eva Kerman's grandma explained a lot about the stuff Eva wrote in the Sportler. The old lady was a hoot. Houzhi Chang liked her a lot. Qiang could see she meant well, but he got a little tired of the winking and nudging about his relationship with Mendok.

‭Mendok was not there with them because she was taking a later flight. She and Dinggu Wang went to get dorfration pretzels before they headed to the airport -- but then she finished hers before they even got to the airport, so she had no snacks to bring on the plane, and she spent most of the flight complaining that the airlines didn't give you enough food. Wang was impressed. He couldn't finish his dorfration. But then he wasn't eating for two...

----o-֎-o----
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Stacie Houston Interview,
by Chelsea Dufresne, Concord Heights Times

As qualifying gets closer for the Gryphon Supermarket 250, the shortest event on the schedule in terms of mileage, it was one of the largest events as well, as it is the final opportunity to get into the final four.
There are two hopes for Cassadaigua at this point, with Stacie Houston the biggest contender. With 4082 points, she is second in the points, just a single point behind leader, Thea Alvarez of Saint Kanye. Interesting to note that the two races in this round that have been contested were won by drivers either eliminated from the Chase already, or never made the Chase to begin with. Sitting eighth of eight in the standings is Meghan Sharpe, who has 4051 points. She has a 17-point deficit to make up to 4th place, and reigning series champion, River Suzgar. An interesting footnote could be the success of female drivers. If Sharpe knocked out Suzgar somehow, and the top three remained the same, it would be an all-female championship four. The other driver looking good right now is Ellie Lindskog, out of Vangaziland.

I was able to get a space here in the media center to get an interview with Stacie Houston, who has had an interesting season both on and off the track.

“Thank you for joining me, Stacie, on this big day for you. The road to Tundra Falls now has just one more stop. What is the most interesting thing about how things are shaping up?” I asked her, to start out.

“I appreciate it, Chelsea.” Houston began, smiling for the camera, “The Five Star Mobile machine has been great this entire season, and we are in a situation now to get back to where we were last year. The most interesting thing right now, is that no one has clinched a spot. With Li and then Tiones winning the first two races of this round, there are eight of us who can still make it, or not make it, and to do so over the course of 250 miles on this short track.”

“What are your thoughts on the track,” I asked next, recalling how in last year’s race here she finished 7th in a race won by Tiones.

“We had a pretty good race here last year. It was Tiones that won, I think, so if he ever gets in the Chase, watch out because he knows how to win this time of year, doesn’t he?” Houston grinned as she acknowledged her fellow competitor before continuing. I remember Meghan’s race here too last year. Fun times.”

“Who can forget, that right here at Vangaziland, Meghan Sharpe made a last lap pass of VMR’s Kevin Schorebrook, a pass that made him finish one point below 4th place Thea Alvarez. Schorebrook would have had the tiebreaker,” I was able to recollect.

“That’s probably why he hangs out with me and not Meghan now,” Houston said with a chuckle, knowing that she has been seen with Schorebrook a little more often lately.

“Do you guys have any plans for this race, before or after?” I asked.

“I told him that I would love to be able to see Vangaziland closer and for him to show me around while I am here, but we can do that after Tundra Falls. We do want to win a championship, and have to maintain our focus. Second place was not fun last year, we want what Shark got last year. I love short tracks, and I enjoy this track, but this type of track can see your day end because of someone else’s trouble. I am glad it’s a short race, actually.” Houston replied.

“Have you talked to Jeremiah Brooke at all lately?” I asked.

“I still keep in contact with him, of course.” Houston replied, “I know there will be gossip sites out there asking me if I like my brook’s with or without e’s, but I consider both of them very good friends. That’s how I am, I enjoy the sport and enjoy hanging out with my peers. What Jeremiah went through at Xanneria is terrible. I am here for someone to speak too, and I know that both Thea and Skip are there for him, too.”

“You seem to get along with all of the drivers out there, is there any of them though that maybe you don’t see eye to eye with?” It was tough question to ask her, Stacie is known for being a very competitive though respectful driver both on and off the track.

“It is very important to me to have the respect of my peers,” Houston replied, “On the track, the only time I really get mad at other drivers are when the backmarkers in the field don’t move out of the way for those on the lead lap. I hate to call them that, because they deserve better, but there are some drivers who are in every race that you know will be at the back of the pack. Often, they are the ones creating cautions. It can be a little frustrating. There may be nuances of certain drivers I don’t care for, but that gets left in the car.”

“You have been able to stay out of trouble this year, though.” I replied.

“I have been fortunate. So was Brooke before his wreck. It can be just a matter of time, but obviously in the last two races of the year when you have the chance at a title, you do not want it to happen. We can race sort of safely now, don’t have to be an all out attack, but we can’t be passive either.”

“Female drivers have been very successful this year, what do you make of that?” was my next question.

“We should not be surprised. I am glad to see Thea, Ellie, Eva have success, and of course Meghan too. It might just be a little coincidental, but maybe there is a reason for it. We still have to get in to the championship race.”***

“What do you think about auto racing in the Olympics? would be final question.

“Naturally, disappointed that they only went with open wheel racing. Seems like both could have done, but it is what it is. I don’t if we would have had time for it anyway, so our race team might have had to take a pass on it.” she replied.

Had to get in one more question then, “Have you ever thought about being an open wheel driver?”

“For fun, but not competitively. I will race anything. Sure, put me in an open wheel car and I’ll do what I can, but stock cars is what I am best at. It’s a different way of racing, and while it would be a challenge, I know where I fit the best, and that’s in a stock car.”

We thanked each other and parted ways. Let’s see what happens in qualifying!

***- Stacie's omission of Liangmei Li in this statement is by design. Stacie, privately, does not care for Li's personality.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 7 Rd 21 - Jebslund - Tiones Victory

Postby Vilita » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:58 pm

ImageImage

River "Shark" Suzgar II :: #14 Vilitan Tourism / Vilaye Energy Drink / Toys '4' All Dart
:: WINS: [ 2 ] :: TOP 5: [ 7 ] :: TOP 10: [ 14 ] -:- POLES: [ 2 ]

Yraaga Gilli'i :: #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart
:: WINS: [ 2 ] :: TOP 5: [ 7 ] :: TOP 10: [ 12 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]
#41 Yraaga Gilli'i battles for the win late in the event

River 'Shark' Suzgar II bypasses the scene of an early race incident

Die Landschaftlich Schöne Strecke, Friedlichesheim, Jebslund :: River 'Shark' Suzgar II took the Vilaye Energy Drink primary livery colors to the track for the last time on the season with one more chance to claim the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award with the Vilaye Energy Drink logo on the hood of the #14 Vilita and Turori Motorsports Dart. Suzgar was fast off the truck in practice and the team made minor tweaks to the setup for qualifying, knowing how important it was to the team to try to get the Vilaye car onto the pole position.

When it came time to qualify, the team was abuzz and confidence was high. Confidence continued as they watched the #14 Vilaye Energy Drink Dart navigate the winding dirt roads of the Jebslund countryside tracking faster than all competitors that came before them. The team cheered as Suzgar crossed the line nearly half a tenth faster than the nearest competitor and to the top of the pylon. It was looking good for the photo opportunity that sponsor had been waiting for. That was, until Round of 12 point leader Kai Qiang spoiled the party late in the session putting together a lap that was just 3-one-thousandths of a second faster around Die Landschaftlich Schone Strecke than the lap put in by Suzgar, once again relegating the defending NSSCRA series champion to the outside of the front row and denying series and team sponsor Vilaye Energy Drink their picture perfect photo opportunity, with Suzgar having won the pole at some point during the season with each of his sponsors on the hood of the car except Vilaye Energy Drink.

While the team was certainly disappointed not to take pole position, the disappointment was easily overshadowed by the boost of having both of the Vilita and Turori Motorsports chase drivers qualifying in the first two rows after Yraaga Gilli'i put the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart on the outside of row two slated to start the event on the rear bumper of Suzgar.

While Suzgar entered the event inside the cut line for the Championship four, Yraaga Gilli'i was on the outside looking in and played a more conservative race, sitting around the 5th position for much of the event and not pressing the issue challenging for position until the very end of the event when they saw the opportunity to compete for the win. Once Gilli'i felt their equipment going away, however, they conceded to ensure they didn't wreck the car and settled for a third place finish. For Suzgar it was an up and down battle, leading the race for stretches but also having to fight back from behind at other times being a little off on their strategy. Suzgar got held up a few times on track navigating around on track incidents and by races end was stuck battling for a Top 10 position amongst other drivers on the same, albeit losing strategy including Ellie Lindskog and Skip Stiller. Suzgar's 13th place finish was enough to protect the fourth spot in the standings but there was still plenty of work to do in Vangaziland if the defending series champion is going to head to Tundra Falls with a chance to defend their title. Any driver behind them in the standings could easily win the event and leapfrog all Chase drivers including Suzgar's teammate Yraaga Gilli'i - just 8 points behind in the 5th position, and Cassadaigua's Meghan Sharpe who had both shown strength on the short tracks throughout the season thus far.

ImageImageImage

Centur Tiones :: #2 Tiones Lumber Dart
:: WINS: [ 1 ] :: TOP 5: [ 6 ] :: TOP 10: [ 8 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]

Rockii Ezis :: #60 CoCoCo / Coco-Mart Dart
:: WINS: [ 0 ] :: TOP 5: [ 1 ] :: TOP 10: [ 4 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]

Rockii Ezis ran a strong race up near the front of the pack

Centur Tiones crosses the stripe first taking the #2 Tiones Lumber Dart to Victory Lane

The race out in the countryside of Jebslund began just like any other race before it for Centur Tiones. A strong qualifying position - but not at the front of the pack. Not a lot of media attention, naturally, with all the focus going towards the local drivers and of course the eight drivers left in the NSSCRA Chase. For Tiones, it was certainly a bitter pill to swallow considering they had been the top Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver in the chase for long stretches of the regular season before a few issues late in the regular season schedule saw them slide down the standings. Even still, Tiones never fell outside the Top 16 in the series point standings. Despite this fact, it was a lack of wins that ultimately was the undoing of the #2 Tiones Lumber team as drivers below Tiones in the standings were propelled into the NSSCRA Chase Playoff Round of 16 leapfrogging Tiones and relegating the #2 team to the "Non-Chase" pack not eligible to compete for the series championship.

Ever since the disappointment of the regular season ending Pencurve Electronics 500 saw Hampton Islands driver Alex Knight bump Tiones out of the playoffs, there wasn't a lot for Tiones and the team to aspire to standings wise. Sure, they could shoot for the 'best of the rest' - the 17th place position, but they wanted more. The team had lots of momentum heading into the season after claiming their first ever race victory in the penultimate event of the sixth NSSCRA season and carried that momentum through the start of NSSCRA season 7 with three Top five finishes in the opening five events of the campaign. Tiones and the #2 Tiones Lumber Dart team played the role of spoiler during NSSCRA 6 and wanted to step up into the category of competitor for NSSCRA 7. Unfortunately, mechanical trouble at the Plum Lake Circuit in the Sherpa Empire would ultimately doom the team. The points lost with a 40th place finish in Round 11 were too much to make up over the final two races of the regular season and there were not enough repeat race winners during the Regular Season for Tiones to advance to the playoffs on points. For the second straight season, Centur Tiones would miss out on the Chase.

Now, as the cars rolled off the line in Freidlichesheim, Tiones had the chance to do all that they could to salvage something from the season. With a strong finish at Die Landschaftich Schone Strecke, Tiones could mathematically secure the 17th position in the final NSSCRA Standings, and the title "Best of the Rest" from amongst the non-chase drivers. After starting in the 9th position, it didn't take long before Tiones had the #2 Tiones Lumber Dart dicing it up amongst the leaders, eventually exchanging the lead with Ellie Lindskog of Vangaziland and the relative newcomer Dinggu Wang of The Sherpa Empire. Tiones never dropped outside the Top 10 and mounted a late charge after teammate Yraaga Gilli'i had worn their equipment out looking to secure victory fighting with Thea Alvarez, Stacie Houston and Kai Qiang. Tiones re-took the lead with six laps to go and never looked back stretching out their advantage for a statement victory in Jebslund, the second of their career - both coming as a non-chase eligible driver in the penultimate round of the NSSCRA playoffs. Tiones teammate and fellow non-chase driver Rockii Ezis also put in a strong performance with a Top ten while the top finishing local driver was Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman in 6th.

With the victory, Tiones once again demonstrated the unrealized potential of the #2 Tiones Lumber Team as well as securing the 17th position in the Standings. Now the series moves on to Vangaziland and the Gryphon Supermarket 250 at the Imperial Speedway in South Stead where Centur Tiones is the defending race champion setting up a unique scenario where the same driver is both the defending champion of the specific race as well as the previous weeks race winner on the NSSCRA circuit.

Last edited by Vilita on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Race: Gryphon Supermarket 250 @ Imperial Speedway; South Stead, Vangaziland (Short Track)
Lap Record: 15.720 seconds

Drivers in red needed to qualify in, and failed too.
1 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland)                       15.881
2 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 16.026
3 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 16.031
4 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 16.045
5 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 16.093
6 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 16.100
7 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 16.102
8 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 16.105
9 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 16.108
10 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.140
11 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 16.163
12 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 16.171
13 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 16.242
14 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 16.282
15 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 16.304
16 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 16.308
17 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 16.312
18 #01 Karli Schmitt (Vangaziland) 16.326
19 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.330
20 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 16.330
21 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 16.337
22 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.349
23 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 16.391
24 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 16.396
25 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.398
26 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 16.404
27 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 16.496
28 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 16.519
29 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 16.581
30 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 16.617
31 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.637
32 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.685
33 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.749
34 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 16.849
35 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 16.909
36 #15 Jeff Shreeves (Xanneria) *Q* 17.084
37 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 17.239
38 #49 Melvin Andrew (One Jamaica) *Q* 17.323
39 #94 Yael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) *Q* 17.412

40 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.456
41 #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) *Q* 17.473
42 #98 Adam Poboski (Greythorne) *Q* 17.482

43 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.525
44 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 17.529
45 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.599
46 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 17.675
47 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.696
48 #34 Warren Pawstone (The Ferret Lands) *Q* 17.729
49 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 17.877
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:33 pm

----o-֎-o----

‭The fall semester had started and Tsering Chu was getting settled into her new class schedule, but she still found time to follow the news from NSSCRA, and she watched Beihua's coverage every race weekend. There was part of her that wished she was still out there racing, but it felt more responsible somehow to come back to Nanjing and focus on school. Yulha Sherpa College's campus felt very calm compared to the race tracks where she'd spent much of the year. Even with professors and classmates wanting to ask her about her foray into NSSCRA, it was still much less hectic. She spent so much time walking or sitting. When she took the bus off campus, she was struck by how slowly it moved. A lot of people asked if she was going to return to NSSCRA next season. She wasn't sure yet, but she was leaning toward no. She wanted to have the knowledge and respectability that came with a college education, and that meant she needed to focus on school for a while. NSSCRA would still be there when she graduated.

‭She still got a little of that starstruck "Oh my God, I can't believe I'm talking to someone famous" feeling every time she got a text message from Kai Qiang, but she didn't want to have his life. No matter how successful he might be, he was never happy or respectable, and a lot of his problems went back to not finishing school.

‭The text messages she exchanged with Kai Qiang were just simple things like, "Good luck today!" and, "How is school?" but Tsering still got a kick out of the fact that he took the time to text her.

‭She had more extensive conversations with her friends and classmates that had stayed on to work for Dinggu Wang. They were proud that Wang was starting to get some better results the last couple of races. Tsering was happy for them, and it made her feel better about the decision to let Wang use her charter. Money was a little tight since Pandey had dropped their sponsorship, but they were still keeping the car going.

‭But even though she was happy for them, there were still times when she missed the excitement of NSSCRA and wished she was there with them.

‭Mendok had enrolled in a couple of online courses, but she was not doing a full course load and it seemed that her mind was elsewhere. She had given a couple of different conflicting explanations of what her plans were and why she was not taking a full course load. One day she claimed she didn't have time for more classes. Another time she said it was because she didn't have the money to pay full-time tuition. She also seemed confused about whether she was paying her own tuition in installments as she came up with the money for it, whether Kai Qiang was going to pay it for her, or whether her parents were going to pay it once they got over their anger about her unplanned pregnancy. Her story about where her relationship with Qiang was headed was equally inconsistent and unclear. Sometimes she said they would get married, other times she said he was going to raise their daughter while she went on with her own education and career, and still other times she said he was going to support her financially while she raised the kid. The story seemed to change every time Tsering conversed with her. Tsering wasn't sure how much of this was because Mendok couldn't make up her mind and how much was because she could not get Qiang to cooperate with her. When Tsering tried asking Qiang, his answers were vague.

‭Tsering worried about what the future would have in store for Mendok, and she felt very sorry for both Mendok and Qiang being the subject of so much embarrassing gossip. The public's attention had moved on to other things -- rappers Slick J and Phat Karma were beefing, Rohima Mangal had done a sexy new photo shoot, the Taliban had murdered Jigme Sherpa, and a yeti had completed PhD in physics at Jiangnan University -- but the gossip about Kai Qiang and Mendok Sherpa never completely stopped. And there was nothing like seeing Qiang or Mendok to jog people's memories and get them started gossiping again. It was something that would probably follow both of them for the rest of their lives.

‭Tsering had no idea where Qiang found the strength to go out to the track every race weekend and deal with all the crowds and the media and still race well after all the personal tragedy and public humiliation he'd been through.

People were always telling Tsering how much they admired her overcoming her disability, and how amazing it was that she'd been able to compete with some of the top drivers in the world, but she never really believed that her own success was as impressive as Qiang's. She still looked up to him, and she still felt sorry for him being the subject of so many people's scorn, jealousy, and mean-spirited jokes more than she felt sorry for herself being Deaf. Sure she had to be smart and work hard to get to where she was, and she got frustrated with the way her disability isolated her from most of society, but she had everything she needed to handle those things. She had never been really down and out, never failed at anything where she couldn't afford to fail, never been faced with anything she couldn't handle. She had never faced the fear and uncertainty of not knowing how she was going to feed herself, never been stuck with the unenviable task of digging ditches in a sweltering South Chinese summer until she collapsed from heat exhaustion. (According to a story that Mendok had relayed, at the low point of Kai Qiang's life, shortly after his father died, the long hours of hard labor that he was ill-suited to left him so exhausted that he once passed out in a ditch on the way home from work.)

‭Of course, Qiang did snap now and then. Tsering had seen his temper tantrum after the Guangxi Telecom 400, but she didn't really blame him for that. She'd also seen how Li shoved him during the race. She knew he'd had one or two similar outbursts last year when he was feuding with Skip Stiller, but that was when he thought NSSCRA 6 might be the only he season he ever got to compete in.

‭According to Mendok, he occasionally had more private meltdowns during the days between races. Sometimes, when no one else was around and the pressure was getting to him, he would curl up in a corner or bury himself under a pile of bedding, bury his face in his hands, and rant about how he couldn't take it anymore and he just wanted it all to go away. Depending where Mendok was sitting, he might cling to her and bury his face in her shirt instead, but his ranting was the same. A couple of times during his worst breakdowns, he had said he wanted to kill Liangmei Li, and a couple of times he had said he wanted to die.

‭Mendok had asked Tsering for advice on how to cheer him up, but she didn't know what to say. She wished she could have been more helpful. There were some things that just couldn't be fixed. But somehow Qiang still kept his shit together on the track, and Tsering didn't understand how.

‭Tsering still wished her relationship with Qiang was more than just exchanging occasional text messages.

She was a little disappointed not to be mentioned when Stacie Houston gave an interview where she talked about the success of female drivers in NSSCRA, but it was understandable. Tsering knew she still wasn't quite on the same level as Stacie Houston, Ellie Lindskog, or Thea Alvarez. Maybe someday...

----o-֎-o----
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:40 pm

One thing became clear during qualifying at Imperial Speedway. Several international drivers had a following in Vangaziland. The loudest cheers went to drivers like Kev Schorebrook and Ellie Lindskog. Some others may have been surprised to hear end of season cheers hurtled in their direction.

One driver met with some of the loudest applause was Kai Qiang and the Flying Fish. Most Vangazi knew nothing of his personal life. All they knew was how he'd been marketed by Vannish media outlets. He was a savvy ethnic driver capable of running fast any given week.

Skip Stiller was met with cheers. He was a household name in Vangaziland, a nation big on motorsports. It was exciting for many Vangazi to finally watch some of the sport's big names in person.

When Jeff Shreeves failed to qualify, the entire speedway seemed to groan on his behalf. His failure to qualify has become one of the marks of NSSCRA 7. Local sports talk shows spoke earlier on hopes of seeing Shreeves run in the 250.

Kev Schorebrook stole the honors of the day by earning pole position. He pulled the #25 into the grandstand setup for such events, cameras focused on his car's sponsors. A planning committee planned a special spotlight area, meant especially to house a Vannish car. Luckily Shorebrook delivered. There were rumors that the camera angles would never have been shown if they were from certain teams.

"I'd like to thank my sponsor... REDUP Energy!" Kev flashed the horns with his hands and stuck out his tongue. He was riding high on life after vaulting himself back into the headlines. Most figured his season was done. Earning pole at the Gryphon Supermarket 250 was something Kev could place with his career achievements.

Schorebrook was seen camping alone a few days before the race in South Stead. "It's just me and the truck", Kev told another camper in a video clip. He was being teased about why he came alone. Fans jabbed at him about his international dating interest. "Couldn't find a nice Vannish woman, huh Kev?" 23 year old SSU student Janna Marksdottir teased Kev as he later walked by her fishing area.

Kev laughed off criticism. "Stacie and I are focusing on closing out the season for now. All of us drivers should get more chances know each other better after the next two races." Kev didn't outright admit the pair was dating. Vannish tabloids could be ravenous. Schorebrook wanted to keep info away from them. Maybe one day some paper would come offering cash for exclusive story offers. Until then, Kev played things coy. There relationship was still pretty obvious. Kev and Stacie had been seen together more often.

Ellie had issues qualifying once again. Her car has been streaky in qualifying, with recent efforts of 25th and 3rd. She would be starting 20th in Vangaziland. "We should be able to tweak during the first few pit stops", Ellie said. "We've gotten pretty good at making early race adjustments. We just need to close out the race better."

Her mid-pack starting position is not as bad as it looks. Time will be of the essence during a night race with less laps than normal. This time she won't have to make up time on a road course. This could work out good or bad for her. Her entire season hangs in the balance. Everything could fall apart, right here on Mainland soil.

"I'm feeling motivated", Lindskog said about her form. "We all had a slight hiccup early in the Chase. I feel like I've recovered just in time to be in this mentally." Everyone knows her crew is also in the spotlight. A recent memo spoke on increased training for the pit crew. The squad should hopefully start showing improvements as soon as the race in South Stead.

The same training may have helped Schorebrook's crew get a solid car together for qualifying. Jess Franssen looked in decent form with a start at lucky 13th. She was all smiles when exiting her car. Her trademark sunglasses covered her dark pupils. "This is a position we can compete from", Jess told reporters. "Winning an important race like this would be great for any driver", Jess said about her desire to win at Imperial Speedway.

A nervous looking Karli Schmitt managed a better start than her idol Ellie Lindskog. Schmitt is no stranger to racing success. She drove a Ghost GT-10 within one point of gold in Hodori GT2. She recently led a WGP2 team to driver and team championships. Schmitt had several oppurtunities to train in the VMR facility's stock car simulators. Schmitt also resevered track time in extra chassis in preparation for a Gryphon Supermarket run.

"I gave the planners a thumbs up", Schmitt said about her training. "If I didn't feel comfortable, they would have put somebody else in the car. I'm ready to see what this thing can do though", she said smiling.

Lindskog has a new look of aggression in her eye. She is as focused as she has ever been. She is hungry to advance. She knows what she has to do. She will have to move up the field, car by car. Drafting will be important. Avoiding incidents will be key. Victory is within reach.

Ellie Lindskog had spoken to Jessica Franssen about race preparation. Jess told her how important it was for her to meditate before every race. She mentally drove laps around the track until she fell asleep. Ellie found herself in bed doing the same. She just felt so wound up that she couldn't sleep. She had driven dozens of miles in her head, making the same four turns trying to beat each line.

Just when things became painfully routine, there was a knock on her door. She ignored it at first. Maybe it was room service and would just go away. It kept knocking though. Only one person would knock on her door at a time like this. She sat up in bed, dressed in silk pjamas. "No thank you", she called out.

Curiously, she crept to the door. When she looked out of the peephole, she squealed. It was Floyd. She flung the door open. "What are you doing here?"

"I... I came to see the race", Floyd stammered. Ellie fell into him and pulled him into the room. "I was just passing by", Floyd said nervously while in Lindskog's delicate grasp.

"No. You're not getting away that easily", Ellie told him as she led him to the sofa. The Humboltson Hotel suite was furnished with expensive furniture among stone and wood surfaces. The view outside was fairly high above South Stead, impressive in a disctrict comprised of small skyscrapers.

"I had to wish you good luck", Floyd said. Ellie crept alongside him in an embrace as they sat. In some ways, she felt more complete with his arrival. Now she could race without any nagging worries on her mind.

The two stayed up fairly late talking before eventually falling asleep together. It was the consumation of a relationship started early in the season. Floyd would be in the stands tomorrow as a spectator, watching Karli Schmitt trot around in front of a cheering stadium. Jess Franssen was in his car and might never give it back.

Somehow, everything still felt alright.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:42 pm

NSSCRA: CHASERS FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL AT SOUTH STEAD
Brooke finally speaks up after accident

by Dante Dinkley and Claude Harlan

SOUTH STEAD - The third round of the NSSCRA (Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association) Chase is ending, but the championship four roster is still blank, as none of the eight remaining playoff drivers were able to pick up a win in the first two events of the round. Two weeks ago, it was already-eliminated Liangmei Li (#88) beating and bumping her way to the checkered at the Guangxi Telecom 400 in her native Sherpaland, while last week at the Die Landschaftlich Schöne Strecke in Jebslund, non-Chaser Vilita and Turori's Centur Tiones (#2) came through with a late season win, much like last season.

Topping the rankings for those still racing for a title is Thea Alvarez (#46) of St. Kanye's Glorious Free Republic Motorsports; the teenage driver of the Multiversal Automotive Coatings-sponsored Chadwick has been having a great run in the third round, picking up back-to-back podium finishes (third in the Sherpa Empire; second in Jebslund). Alvarez is one of two Kanyean drivers included in the round of eight, the other being veteran driver Skip Stiller in the #3 QED Car Rentals Chadwick. Vilita and Turori similarly has a couple of Chasers, defending champion River Suzgar and first-time Chaser Yraaga Gilli'i in the #14 and #41 Darts respectively. Cassadaigua's remaining two are Meghan Sharpe (#4) and Stacie Houston (#27), while Kai Qiang (#44) is the only remaining hope for the Sherpas. Vangaziland also has one Chaser left, #50 Ellie Lindskog, but she is making a strong case in trying to advance to the next round, with the upcoming race being held in her home country. Lindskog is hoping that the Gryphon Supermarkets 250 doesn't end in a Vannish heartbreak, like last season, where the championship hopes of two of their hometown drivers were dashed no thanks to two separate last-lap passes. Floyd Hackerbee (#75) needed a win, but was overtaken by Tiones; Kev Schorebrook (#25) was supposed to get in on points, but Sharpe denied him the pleasure and left him a point short. The two bowed out in the first round this season, with the former giving his seat up to open wheeler Jessica Franssen, likely permanently.

Despite her good position in the points, Alvarez, like a true Kanyean, isn't celebrating her early success. "Nothing in life is promised except death, that's the Kanyean motto. Anything can happen. All these points mean nothing if you don't win. [Jeremiah] Brooke was second in points before he crashed out. I'm hoping for a win in the upcoming race, but if I can't have that, at least a good finish to secure my spot in the final four", she told the Kibitzer after the qualifying sessions at the Imperial Speedway. Alvarez will start the race from the sixth position.

"This is a short track", said Stiller, who qualified in the bottom half of the field at 31st. "There will be lots of passes here. My goal is to move up, not just in the race, but also in the standings. It will be tough, but that will just get me going." GFR part-timers Sage Caldwell and Philip West are also in, the former qualifying the #00 Kanyean Veterans Fund Chadwick to an impressive fourth-place start, and the latter sitting mid-pack in the #19 Blood Moon Beer Chadwick. "Hopefully our combined might will be enough to send both Thea and Skip to the grand finale", said Caldwell. The dreadlocked former Rookie of the Year in the Kanyean series has stepped up in the absence of the injured Brooke, ending up ninth and fourteenth in the last two events. Kev won the Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award at home; Karli Schmitt claimed the open charter, starting eighteenth in the #01 VM.

Back in St. Kanye, Brooke spoke to the Kibitzer for the first time since his accident in Xanneria, when his #18 Hyde Medical Group Chadwick flipped several times and landed on its roof, causing him to miss the Chase second round cutoff as well as the last four races in the season schedule. "That wreck came at a very bad time indeed", said Brooke, who is presently recovering from a back injury in a Hyde-owned hospital in his hometown of Bompton. "I worked hard all season, but didn't win. I came into every race, week after week, hoping it will come. It didn't. That wreck ruined everything. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But the Xannerian organizers were also to blame. That track [in Brycline Harbor] wasn't really suited for stock cars at all. That [180-degree] turn had no business being there. If they actually prepared, I'm sure it would be a different situation for me and for Jenna [Logan (#11), who also wrecked while trying to navigate the sudden turn, laps after Brooke's own accident].

Brooke also spoke of what he missed, aside from the chance to run for a title. "I miss all my friends. My guys in the 18 team. My fellow GFR drivers, as well as those from other teams. I loved the pictures Thea took in the Sherpa Empire. I wish I could be back there. I'll ask Qiang if he could show me around like he did my friends. I also want to party in Blue Coast again." Indeed, Alvarez and the other Yeezies went to the Vannish resort town first before heading to the venue of the 250 two days later. "I appreciate all the video calls made by my guys, as well as by Stacie. I hear she's going out with Kev. Hey, Kev. You might be her boyfriend, but I'm still her friend. Make her cry, and you'll have to answer to me", said the regular season champion jokingly.

Meanwhile, in cyberspace, another NSSCRA-related video is spreading like wildfire. After the Guangxi Telecom 400 at Li River Speedway, Qiang was seen cussing and throwing a fit over how eventual winner Li had been knocking him around in the race, which he finished a lap down at 27th. It didn't take long for fans to grab footage of the Sherpa driver's latest outburst, causing it to go viral on social media. There was also a mashup of Qiang's multilingual rants with the equally profanity-laden song by Kardashia-based rap group K-Seven, F--- This S---, titled F--- This Race. This mashup reached six million views in the 24 hours since it was uploaded.

All qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:43 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage

Gryphon Supermarket 250, Imperial Speedway, South Stead, Vangaziland :: Defending NSSCRA Series champion River 'Shark' Suzgar II will roll off the grid in the 11th position for the Gryphon Supermarket 250 as they look to defend their place among the projected Championship four and the chance to defend their title at the season finale in Tundra Falls, Newmanistan. Suzgar goes into the event at the Imperial Speedway in South Stead on the cut line in 4th place with an eight point advantage over the nearest competitor, Vilita and Turori Motorsports teammate Yraaga Gilli'i. In the event that a driver from outside the top 4 wins the race, Suzgar is 5 points behind the third place driver in the standings, Ellie Lindskog. The Vannish Motors Racing driver will likely have a boost of confidence driving at home in Vangaziland with a spot in the Championship four on the line. While Lindskog is the driver that all eyes will be on for the home fans as they will their starlet into the Tundra Falls finale, it was another Vannish Motors Racing driver taking pole position for the Gryphon Supermarket 250 - #25 Kev Schorebrook in the RedUP Energy Drink machine. Starting along side Schorebrook on the front row would be Stacie Houston, the overwhelming favorite for the race itself based on her position as second place in the NSSCRA point standings and as the top driver on the circuit across the three short track events that have been run thus far through the season.

While Houston was best among all drivers on Short Tracks during the season and will be starting from the outside of the front row, there would equally be little surprise if defending series champion River 'Shark' Suzgar II were able to secure their place in the Championship Four with a victory at the Imperial Speedway. Suzgar was one of just four drivers who were able to finish in the Top 10 in all three Short Track events thus far on the NSSCRA Calendar, two in the regular season and one in the Round of 16 playoffs. In fact, all four drivers who were able to post Top 10 finishes on all three Short Track events earlier in the season are still alive in the Playoffs with Houston, the outside pole sitter and second place driver in points leading the way with an average finish of 2.67 on short tracks including a victory at the Stafford City Speedway in Hampton Island, seemingly denying a home town driver the chance to make the chase. Houston is also the only driver amongst the four top Short Track performers who has finished in the Top 5 at each short track event. Suzgar, also in the Top 4 in points, will have to be wary of the challenge from the two short track specialists who currently sit outside the Top 4 in points incuding Kai Qiang of the Sherpa Empire and Suzgar's teammate Yraaga Gilli'i.

While the Sherpa never really threatened for victory during their strong short track runs earlier in the season, the field would certainly be wary of the threat posed by Gilli'i and the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart as Gilli'i has already gone to victory lane in Two of the Three Short Track events contested thus far having won the Toys '4' All 500 at the Lonngeylin Ring during the regular season in order to secure their spot in the Chase then solidifying their spot in the Round of 12 with a victory in the Five Star Mobile 500 in Concord Heights, Cassadaigua - taking the checkered flag from under the spotlight of Stacie Houston in her primary sponsors own event.

Pictured battling for victory during the NSSCRA Round of 16 Five Star Mobile 500 in Concord Heights, Cassadaigua, two of the circuits best Short Track Racers, #41 Yraaga Gilli'i and #27 Stacie Houston, could be set for another tense battle in Vangaziland

Houston and Gilli'i have certainly been a cut above the rest when it has come to short track events this season and despite the large gap in their starting positions, could certainly be setting themselves up for yet another head to head battle for the victory in South Stead. While Houston is on the outside pole and will look to battle the locals for supremacy from the start, Gilli'i will have to fight through the pack from the 27th starting position in order to get back in contention. It will not be unfamiliar territory for the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart, however, as Gilli'i's average starting position across the three short track events thus far was outside the Top 20. Gilli'i improved 33 spots from their starting position to win at the Lonngeylin Ring earlier in the season so starting 27th may seem like an easier task but there may still be just one ticket to the Championship Four available and that will be by way of taking the checkered flag before all competitors. No driver in the chase is safe enough on points to advance with trouble, however, as current points leader Thea Alvarez currently sits just 23 points ahead of Gilli'i at the cut line. If any driver in the top four should run into trouble on the track or suffer mechanical trouble during the race, then there is still a chance for Gilli'i, Skip Stiller, Qiang or Cassdaigua's Meghan Sharpe to steal a spot in the championship four on points if any of the Non-Chasers manages to claim a sweep for the non-playoff drivers in the Round of 8.

Of course, home town hero and pole sitter Kev Schorebrook will likely be the favorite from the stands to accomplish the feat, Vilita and Turori Motorsports will have a pair of non-chase drivers chasing the prize including Centur Tiones who will be starting the race from the third position. Tiones is riding a huge wave of momentum as one of the top performing drivers during the NSSCRA Playoffs, despite the fact that Tiones has not been a playoff driver. Tiones has piloted the #2 Tiones Lumber Dart to Top 10 finishes in six of the Chase races thus far finishing in the Top 5 in four of those races including a victory in the series most recent event contested at Landschaftlich Schöne Strecke in Jebslund. Tiones is also the defending champion of the Gryphon Supermarket 250 and will have no problems navigating the short track in search of playing spoiler in the NSSCRA chase picture once more. Vilita and Turori Motorsports other non-chase driver, Rockii Ezis, will still be searching for their first career victory and will roll off the line in 15th position. Two other non-chase drivers impressed with Top 5 starting positions including Glorious Free Republic Motorsports Sage Caldwell who has been given an opportunity to rise to the challenge in the absence of one of Saint Kanye's star drivers and the NSSCRA regular season champion Jeremiah Brooke who was injured in Xanneria while Newmanistan's Travis Barkley, part of a new generation of driver at Dragon Motorsports finally starting to look competitive as the team look to build momentum heading into their season ending home track event and the next NSSCRA campaign.

For Suzgar and Gilli'i, however, it will all be decided on the track in Vangaziland. While they are teammates both on and off the track there will be little they can do on the short confines of the Imperial Speedway to work together and force a scenario where they both advance to the Championship Four, at least without seeing a driver ahead of them in the Top 3 in the standings suffer misfortune and fail to finish the event. Without a major shake up in the running order it could mean that the two Vilita and Turori Motorsports drivers will be fighting head to head on the track for the final spot in the Championship Four - whether it is a battle for the victory or for 10th place and advancement on points. In that scenario, there will be no favors, team orders or extra room given on track as both will be given the green light to put their talents on display and fight to make their own opportunity to compete for the title in Tundra Falls.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:02 pm

Race: Gryphon Supermarket 250 @ Imperial Speedway; South Stead, Vangaziland (Short Track)
Lap Record: 15.720 seconds
Minimum Time To Avoid DNF: 17.950 seconds

Segment 1:
1 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori)                15.955
2 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 16.006
3 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 16.017
4 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 16.019
5 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 16.031
6 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 16.070
7 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 16.125
8 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 16.167
9 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 16.167
10 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.182
11 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 16.187
12 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 16.202
13 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 16.230
14 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 16.272
15 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 16.285
16 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.285
17 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 16.349
18 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.355
19 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.360
20 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 16.411
21 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.431
22 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 16.480
23 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 16.526
24 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 16.563
25 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 16.640
26 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.707
27 #01 Karli Schmitt (Vangaziland) 17.007
28 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 17.049
29 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 17.095
30 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 17.211
31 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 17.395
32 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 17.425
33 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 17.444
34 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.478
35 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.478
36 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.503
37 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 17.534
38 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 17.617
39 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.784
40 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 17.967 DNF
41 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 17.972 DNF
42 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 18.126 DNF
43 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 18.967 DNF

Segment 2:
1 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire)                 15.935
2 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 15.988
3 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 15.998
4 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 16.010
5 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 16.018
6 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 16.030
7 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.068
8 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 16.073
9 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 16.095
10 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 16.109
11 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 16.119
12 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 16.120
13 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 16.122
14 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.188
15 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 16.198
16 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 16.239
17 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.254
18 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 16.257
19 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 16.290
20 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.311
21 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 16.352
22 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.433
23 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.522
24 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 16.592
25 #01 Karli Schmitt (Vangaziland) 16.631
26 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 16.675
27 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 16.728
28 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 16.801
29 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 16.861
30 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 17.367
31 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.410
32 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 17.412
33 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 17.521
34 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.599
35 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.689
36 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 17.737
37 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.755
38 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 17.865
39 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 17.867

Segment 3:
1 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori)                15.971
2 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 16.001
3 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 16.018
4 #01 Karli Schmitt (Vangaziland) 16.094
5 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 16.133
6 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.165
7 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 16.171
8 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 16.184
9 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 16.199
10 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 16.204
11 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 16.223
12 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.225
13 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.265
14 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 16.294
15 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.306
16 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 16.310
17 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.314
18 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.332
19 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.373
20 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 16.399
21 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 16.413
22 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 16.424
23 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 16.456
24 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 16.483
25 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 16.720
26 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 16.766
27 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 16.766
28 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 16.806
29 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 16.833
30 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 17.149
31 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 17.275
32 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.482
33 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.497
34 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 17.509
35 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.605
36 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 17.649
37 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 17.651
38 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.787
39 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 17.830

Segment 4:
1 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua)                    15.920
2 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 15.968
3 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 15.979
4 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.065
5 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 16.071
6 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 16.072
7 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 16.096
8 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.104
9 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.115
10 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 16.120
11 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 16.130
12 #01 Karli Schmitt (Vangaziland) 16.151
13 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 16.159
14 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 16.194
15 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.206
16 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 16.247
17 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.373
18 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 16.383
19 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 16.436
20 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 16.458
21 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.461
22 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 16.520
23 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 16.529
24 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 16.548
25 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 16.632
26 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 16.633
27 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.670
28 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 16.690
29 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 16.837
30 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 17.082
31 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 17.220
32 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 17.223
33 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 17.355
34 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.448
35 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.460
36 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 17.553
37 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.585
38 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 17.716
39 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.982 DNF

Segment 5:
1 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)                      15.991
2 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.016
3 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 16.024
4 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 16.034
5 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 16.062
6 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 16.084
7 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 16.089
8 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 16.090
9 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.095
10 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 16.181
11 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 16.184
12 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 16.196
13 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 16.206
14 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 16.209
15 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.243
16 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 16.270
17 #01 Karli Schmitt (Vangaziland) 16.285
18 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 16.309
19 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 16.312
20 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 16.402
21 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.418
22 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 16.420
23 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.487
24 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 16.616
25 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 16.679
26 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 16.696
27 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 16.741
28 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 17.255
29 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.354
30 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.369
31 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 17.391
32 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 17.441
33 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 17.499
34 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 17.608
35 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 17.707
36 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.719
37 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 17.852
38 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 17.876

Final Results (Average Segments 1-5)
 1 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)                      16.072 WINNER
2 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 16.075
3 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 16.114
4 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 16.200
5 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 16.201
6 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 16.202
7 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 16.209
8 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 16.211
9 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 16.218
10 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 16.238
11 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 16.249
12 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 16.304
13 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 16.306
14 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 16.309
15 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 16.310
16 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 16.316
17 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 16.366
18 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 16.369
19 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 16.381
20 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 16.394
21 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 16.395
22 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 16.424
23 #01 Karli Schmitt (Vangaziland) 16.434
24 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 16.550
25 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 16.562
26 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 16.670
27 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 16.683
28 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 16.782
29 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 16.867
30 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 17.003
31 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 17.021
32 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 17.432
33 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 17.463
34 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 17.538
35 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.542
36 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 17.550
37 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 17.562
38 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 17.625
39 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) DNF
40 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) DNF
41 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) DNF
42 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) DNF
43 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) DNF

Chase Standings Following the 3rd round
1 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)                    4131* 
2 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 4123
3 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 4109
4 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 4102

5 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 4100
6 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 4095
7 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 4093
8 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 4055

Next Race- CHAMPIONSHIP RACE- (Jan 11/12)- Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway)
Note- That's qualifying on a Friday, and the race on a Saturday.
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Houston Moves On, Sharpe Done Quickly,

On lap 22, things were seeming as routine as the prior 21 laps. Meghan Sharpe had been running to the inside of Zachary Cornell, one of the young drivers from Newmanistan, when all of the sudden the 79 comes out of no where. Was Dinggu Wang not aware that there was no room to split Sharpe and Cornell? The Imperial Speedway does not have a lot of room for three wide racing. Wang would have to back out of this, wouldn’t he? This was now a three wide battle for the 13th position. Sharpe was not happy, and soon enough, Wang did not have enough room. No one was really surprised, and he shoved the 4 car down as far as he could, and made Meghan spin out. Sharpe made contact with Wang, making him spin out, which in turn sent Zachary Cornell into the wall hard. With this in front of him, there was nothing that Sage Caldwell could do. The young driver from Saint Kanye simply did not have a lane, tried to squeeze through, but further contacted the 59 car, ending his day. Even Jenna Logan ran over some debris, but was ok and continued.

Sharpe climbed out of her car, and looked at Wang, but didn’t say anything. She didn’t want to start. She wasn’t happy, but she could only wonder if there was some karma here from last year, in passing Kev Schorebrook on the last lap and keeping him from the Championship Four. Was this the racing gods way of getting payback on her? Her day was done, and her chase was done. She was eighth of eight coming in, so it was going to be a longshot, but she was still hoping for at least a chance.

Stacie Houston was out in front when the wreck happened. Starting on the outside pole, she took over the lead from Schorebrook on the third lap, and held it until the caution flag came out. With the pace car in front of her, she was distressed to see the wrecked 4 car. “Sorry, Meghan. Hope it wasn’t your fault.” Her crew chief replied that it wasn’t and explained how the wreck had happened. Houston had a good pit stop and retained the lead off of pit road. Yraaga Gilli’i, her nemesis from Concord Heights earlier in the year was now directly behind her, and she was not surprised. Gilli’i would assume the lead, and Houston kept in the top five. It was a good consistent race for Houston, and towards the end she was creeping back into the picture of getting a race win. Though she would not force the issue, and settled for the third place run.

“Another great short track run for us, thanks to everyone from Five Star Mobile for making it happen. Love our short track program. Now, we go to Tundra Falls and will look to win that title. It got away from us last year, but things can be different this year!” Houston joins fellow female drivers Thea Alvarez of Saint Kanye, who won the race; and Ellie Lindskog of Vangaziland in the Championship Four. Yraaga Gilli’i’s second place run put him over teammate River Suzgar in the fourth position. Gilli’i will be masculinity’s only chance at a champion in Tundra Falls.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:20 pm

Racing | Track Life | Off Grid | Fast Women

Night Race Ends With Close Clashes

The end of the Gryphon Supermarket 250 was marred with a set of defensive-minded skirmishes. Many expect to see each car focusing solely on running as fast as possible. This was the last qualification event of the season. Every point lead to this result. Only four drivers would have something on the line after the late night Mainland event. This meant every spot in tonight's standings would have major implications.

Some drivers had nothing on the line, but fought for respect. One of the nastiest late race incidents was between Kev Schorebrook and Roman Gwinnett. At a time when Stacie Houston was just falling back from the lead, a tap on Kev's bumper sent him falling back. His tires went loose, leading to squirrely handling. The car skid, headed towards the wall.

Kev's GT2 experience helped him drive out of the skid and pull back on Gwinnett's tail. He tried drafting, but there were several other aggressive maneuvers. "What's this guy's problem?" Kev sent the query over the team radio.

Kev tried for one more pass on the car from Xanneria only to be met with contact. Kev was being forced towards the wall even though he was faster. He had to back off, letting Gwinnett hold the spot. "This guy is nuts", Kev transmitted.

Gwinnett seemed to expect an angry reaction from the Vangazi after the race. Schorebrook seemed anything but disgruntled. "I admire the fact that the kid doesn't give up. Nothing is on the line for his team, but he's still pushing for a win."

Further down the line, Eddie Walters Jr. cut off Ellie Lindskog's road to advancement. After hearing reports of aggression towards Kev, Ellie decided to play it safe. Walters had nothing to lose. All it took was one rogue incident to end Lindskog's season with a DNF. Ellie wasn't going to allow Xanneria such infamy. She gave the car a wide berth, running her own defensive race to stay in the top ten. Her pit boss had calculated her points based on finishing 8th.

Lindskog showed she once again had pace. Her midpack start wasn't enough to keep her from breaking into the top ten for much of the race. Ellie's fastest segment of the race was the final fifth. Her team had issues with late race consistency in the past. Increased pit crew training did indeed pay off, as Lindskog finished with enough points to finish 3rd in Chase standings.

She is riding at her peak as the season heads back to Newmanistan. Her odds to win have to be high, since she hasn't struck gold since the season opener at Tundra Falls. Ellie will hope her skill at Tundra Proving Grounds returns to effect.

"The effort to prepare for the Proving Grounds 500 will be nonstop", Lindskog said after the race. She celebrated with her crew after the result.

There was one other major late race battle which had stunning implications. Jess Franssen spent many of the last 50 miles chasing River Suzgar in the top ten. She stalked him like a tiger, following the Vilitan's pit strategy. It wasn't until the last 20 miles that Jess slipped past Suzgar. She had timed his line after pacing him for much of the quickly moving night race.

Drafting gave her just enough boost to cut and overpower Shark along the wall. It was a risky pass which almost saw the tires of the Humboltson Hotels' car kiss the wall. At that point Jess made her full effort to hold back Suzgar. She matched his attempts to advance just as fiercely as Gwinnett, but with more talent to keep contact limited.

Jess even fell off pace of the car ahead of her. The pack the Sugar Shark so desperately needed to catch was slowly slipping away. Jess could be heard transmitting laughs over the team headset as the other cars became smaller in her window. Franssen's erratic stalling even helped Liangmei Li skip past. Liangmei would finish 9th on the tail of Ellie Lindskog. It was clear that getting past Jessica would have given Suzgar better odds at advancing into the Championship Four.

Instead Jessica Franssen ended his title hopes in an effort for Vannish Motors Racing Corsair. She could have easily pushed to fight for a top ten spot. She made sure not to pass Ellie Lindskog. She couldn't pass the chance to stall a threat to Ellie's progression as well.

This wasn't the first time Jessica had dashed title hopes for a Vilitan racer. Many credit Jessica Franssen's win at WGPC 14's Grand Prix of Audioslavia as ending title hopes for iBen Toralmintii. iBen was limited to fourth place, unable to keep up with Jessica's frenetic pace. River Suzgar II was the latest victim of the black widow known as Jess Franssen. Many would call her effect on the Championship Four enough validation for her shortened season.

Yraaga Gilli'li will represent Vilita's title hopes. Yeezy Thea Alvarez and Dagan Stacie Houston will join Ellie Lindskog for the season's final battle. One of the most noteable drivers not to advance was local favorite Kai Qiang. "The fact that Qiang failed to advance shows how tough NSSCRA is", said Ellie Lindskog. "This was a driver that fought hard every race week. So many great drivers didn't make it to this last run. It's humbling to be here."

Lindskog is the first Vangazi to reach the Championship Four in two seasons of Imperial NSSCRA competition.

Imperial Motorsports Magazine - pgs 39- 40 - Darvius Jackssen

Last edited by Vangaziland on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:53 pm

Blink and you'll miss it!

One of the many damaged cars in this race, this one being Tucker Capps
With two races to go things picked up in NSSCRA. A short 322 lap race lead to some carnage and some dashed dreams as the final four are set. It also lead to the finest performance of a young drivers career as Xanneria gained its first top-5. The race was a brief sprint and by time lap 20 was on the boards drivers were already in over their heads. Lap 22 produced not only the first yellow but the biggest news story of the day. Contact between Dinggu Wang and Meghan Sharpe sent both drivers into a spin and the walls surrounding this narrow concrete arena. they spinning pair also clipped the hapless Newmanistani driver Zach Cornell and Sage Caldwell of the Yeezys plowing in to the wreck when it was the only place he had to go. Surprisingly this actually cause the rest of the field to settle down and race more calmly. Although not after a huge bottleneck of cars who were racing mid-pack wrecked caused a second a wreck of their own. Tucker Capps, Rockii Ezis, Cocoabo #78 and the lapped cars of Jennifer Jane and Mael Erwinn all got tangled up in a fracas. For most cars there was minor damage but Mael Erwinn had it the worst as he would take on enough damage that the team spent a lot of time removing the nose of the car. Later in the race he dropped out when the exposed radiator of his car finally had enough and gave up the ghost.

Meanwhile Xannarian drivers were stealing the show as the upstart team was running up front sans Capps. The notoriously, poorly aerodynamic Knox Hawkeyes were way more suited for the bullring confines of tracks like the Vannish one presented to them this week. Roman Gwinnett was initially just another anonymous driver shadowed by the championship and the big wreck right behind him, but during the last 50 laps of the race, he come out of now where. At one point he got around Stacie Houston. But in the end a tight battle between Gwinnett and local hero Kev Schorebrook, both were re-passed by Houston as focus was on the two rubbing fenders rather than focusing on the finish line. In fact Kai Qaing could have passed both of them had he not needed to check up. Behind Qaing (quite literally) was Eddie Walters Jr who actually bumped in to the Fish car when the 44 checked up. Walters would apologize and said he was distracted trying to hold off the Lindskog car.

Up next is the final race of the year, the second event at Tundra Falls.
Last edited by Xanneria on Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:20 am

Ellie Lindskog spent time training with a military unit in a video designed towards recruitment. The driver figured it would also be a fun, challenging workout. She joined 2nd Battalion-59th Infantry on a base not far from South Stead. Lindskog met with Bravo Company's CO and First Sergeant at 0500 hours.

"We do a lot of early stuff for NSSCRA", Lindskog said. "I was still only half awake." Her morning started with a brisk 8 mile road march. Lindskog wore a 30 lbs vest along with a helmet and rifle she would later train with. A group of soldiers from the local unit marched with Lindskog on either side of a tank trail. Group leaders walked in the middle of the road, night vision goggles tilted up and away from their eyes.

As the march wore on, the soldiers began to push the speed. "We would have went for 12 miles or more", said 1SG Marvin Harris. "We didn't want to wear her out too bad before her Championship race."

The early morning exercise was designed to get the driver's heart rate up. From here she was thrown right into the shooting phase. "We wanted to include this portion right away", said CPT Vernon Black. "She may have expected us to wait until the end for marksmanship, but we wanted a sudden introduction."

The first course was a basic range featuring targets from 50 to 200 meters. Instructors stood alongside Lindskog and called out various targets. The driver was taught proper form and breathing techniques. She had shot a few rifles before, so she only had to make minor adjustments. She soon received the blessing of the range safety team. After clearing her weapon, she marched to a land navigation course.

She spent 90 minutes marching through a set of woodlands filled with prickly bushes and nettles. Her reward was lunch. Meals-Ready-To-Eat were packaged meals set to feed soldiers in field operations. Ellie was gifted a 'pork rib' entrée. It was hard to tell what the meat actually was, but it was shaped like a rib. It also featured potato sticks and orange drink mix. An important part of the meal was a slab of 'bread' closer to hard tack. One of the soldiers let Ellie try chocolate peanut butter from his MRE. Applesauce was also randomly thrown in.

"The chocolate peanut butter is a huge trading item", said Corporal Ray Buttersworth.

After the meal, it was time to pick up the rifle again. The soldiers trained Ellie in close quarters marksmanship. She focused especially on 'Ready Up' drills, which would see her raise and fire the rifle on signal She also learned moving commands, where she learned to shoot while moving forward or to either side.

Things got more exciting for Ellie when she was loaded up on a MOWAG Piranha V APC. The vehicle made its way through a short test course. At one point the large vehicle hit a banked turn to show its stability. Armored vehicles are often tested on their ability to navigate uneven terrrain. Ellie had to hold on from being tossed around in the lurching APC.

Riding in the vehicle was a visceral experience. The engine had a high pitched wail that drowned out almost any other noise. The scuffling of heavy tires and rocks constantly turning up against the outside armor added to the APC's song. Every time the driver stepped on the gas, the engine roared to life. It sounded as if the truck was alive. Hungry.

After it left the test course, it drove into a set of hills. Lindskog was allowed to ride outside of an open turret on the vehicle's roof. She was treated to the views of the natural landscape marred only slightly by the prescence of the soldiers over time.

Once on top of the hill, Ellie would learn how to call for artillery. It was a long period of instruction and training, which eventually saw her take the radio and direct shots. "It was a blast", said the driver with Sandy mud covering her face. "This has been a great chance to see some of the things our men and women do on a daily basis." Soldiers manned radio equipment which helped them communicate to a firing artillery batter 6 miles away.

They ate warm food delivered by kitchen affairs soldiers from a 6x6 truck. The soldiers hung around the mountain joking until night fell. They loaded back up on the Piranha and drove to a new location. Ellie could hear the chopping whine of a helicopter as she left the APC. With her rifle in her hands and gear loaded in her backpack, she ran down the flight line into the open mouth of a Chinoook helicopter.

The other 20 soldiers she spent the day training with her loaded up alongside. The rear door of the large chopper was still open as it started to take off. The soldiers inside would see the ground suddenly start to fall away, replaced by the dark open sky. The helicopter flew from the base over the city of South Stead. She got to see Imperial Speedway from the air, where a junior league domestic race was taking place. Fans watching the race would have heard the helicopter flying nearby, but had no idea that a NSSCRA 7 finalist was right above them.

The helicopter landed at the airfield near the main section of base. Lindskog exchanged goodbyes with the soldiers she formed a bond with. She took a cab back to her hotel. It would only be a few more days until she flew to Newmanistan.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 7 Rd 22 - Imperial Speedway

Postby Vilita and Turori » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 am

ImageImage

River "Shark" Suzgar II :: #14 Vilitan Tourism / Vilaye Energy Drink / Toys '4' All Dart

:: WINS: [ 2 ] :: TOP 5: [ 8 ] :: TOP 10: [ 13 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]
#41 Yraaga Gilli'i holds off rival Stacie Houston for 2nd place in Vangaziland
River 'Shark' Suzgar II battles hard for 10th position but fails to advance

Gryphon Supermarket 250, Imperial Speedway; South Stead, Vangaziland :: Throughout the race weekend at Imperial Speedway, Vilita and Turori Motorsports drivers River 'Shark' Suzgar II and Yraaga Gilli'i did all they could to avoid confrontation. With Suzgar, the defending series champion, entering the last race before the Championship Four cutoff holding down the fourth and final projected spot to advance to the final round yet just mere points ahead of 5th placed Gilli'i it was only natural for every question from media to focus on the potential battle between the two teammates for a chance to compete for the title in Newmanistan. They had their separate sponsor appearances to do but their garage stalls were right next to each other and the connection between the two drivers was at times unbreakable. As defending series champion, Suzgar was a little more relaxed about the situation but it was clear that Gilli'i was getting a little frustrated with the repeated badgering from reporters asking what seemed to be the exact same question over and over and over. For someone that the entire nation of Cassadaigua could barely pick out of a lineup the extra attention from being on the verge of a Championship Four appearance was certainly outside the norm for the Tropicorp backed driver.

Once the green flag dropped, however, Gilli'i was in their happy place. All the stress and annoyance that came before the green flag immediately disappeared and the driver of the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart was all business. Gilli'i quickly progressed from their 27th starting position and cracked the Top 10 within 20 laps. By lap 50, Gilli'i had caught the leaders, short track rival Stacie Houston and teammate and championship rival River 'Shark' Suzgar II. Since it was early in the race, the resistance wasn't as hard fought as it would almost certainly be later in the event and it wasn't long before the hard-charging Gilli'i was pacing the field. Due to the extra effort from charging through the field, Gilli'i was one of the first cars down pit road and slipped back in the pack slightly as a result until the pit cycle had fully come around but by the races halfway point Gilli'i once again found themselves in the lead ahead of a pair of teammates in Rockii Ezis and Centur Tiones and a pair of local drivers, Kev Schorebrook and Karli Schmitt in a rare stock car appearance.

Of course it wouldn't be a short track race without a battle between Gilli'i and Stacie Houston and after taking a conservative approach to the middle portion of the event, Houston would put the #27 Five Star Mobile machine back out in front with 100 laps to go. As far as the championship picture, it did not bode well for Gilli'i. With Ellie Lindskog and River 'Shark' Suzgar hovering around the 5th position, the points did not add up for the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply team. They were still on the outside looking in - they needed to win, or needed one of the Top 4 drivers to have an issue.

Staring out the front windshield at the pink and black Five Star Mobile logo on the rear bumper, Gilli'i momentarily ran through the scenario. Brake Late. Fender to Bumper. 27 car goes around. 41 car makes championship four. But then Gilli'i thought about what the week leading up to Tundra Falls would look like. If they could win the race the old fashioned way - race Houston the way they raced back in Cassadaigua, it would be a career defining moment. It would be a positive moment. If they took the bumper to the popular Dagan driver, however, the media attention would be incessant just as it was as they speculated whether Gilli'i would be willing to 'move' their teammate Suzgar if it came down to it. Gilli'i asked for a report from their crew chief. Suzgar had fallen back to 9th place and was losing grip. The defending champ was just one point ahead of the Tropicorp-backed challenger.

Gilli'i would engage in another battle with Houston, and once again would come out the victor. This time, however, the battle was not for the win. NSSCRA Chase points leader Thea Alvarez had already bypassed both drivers and now they were fighting for the runner-up spot. As the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart crossed the line tucked in behind the #46 Multiversal Automotive Coatings Chadwick, the chance to lock themselves into the Championship Four had narrowly escaped Yraaga Gilli'i. As race winner and points leader, the Glorious Free Republics driver Alvarez was in. Houston came into the race second in points and finished with a nose inside of Gilli'i, also in. Two more spots. Gilli'i did everything they could. Now they just waited for word from their Crew Chief on where Ellie Lindskog and River Suzgar finished. The silence on the radio was seemingly endless for the Tropicorp Racing Supply team. 'Lindskog finished 8th, they should be in with that. Waiting for official scoring on Riv' its going to be close'

Gilli'i had made it all the way around to the entrance of pit road on the cool down lap before word finally came down over the radio. 'Stiller and Franssen got past the 14 on the last lap, we're in by 2 points'. Gilli'i had done it, unseated the champion and advanced to the Championship Four. While the Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart wasn't the strongest of the Vilita and Turori Motorsports cars, Gilli'i had peaked at the right time and used the schedule to their advantage getting the short and unique tracks they needed in the Round of 8 to give them a shot at a title in Tundra Falls. With the changing of the guard complete, River 'Shark' Suzgar II's rain as NSSCRA Champion is already certain to come to an end when the checkered flag flies in Newmanistan. It could still be back-to-back titles for Vilita and Turori Motorsports, however, as they will be represented at the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds by one of the hottest drivers on the NSSCRA circuit, the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart of Yraaga Gilli'i. The Tropicorp backed driver has finished outside the Top 11 just twice over the previous thirteen races including podium finishes in the two Chase races leading up to the Tundra Falls Finale. It was certainly no surprise to see the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart challenging for the victory on the short track in South Stead, Vangaziland – improving their average finish in the seasons four short track events to an impressive 2.75 – equal to that of their short-track foe Stacie Houston for best average finish on the short tracks this season with Gilli'i naturally taking a slight claim to the title as the series best short track driver by virtue of having more short track victories than any other driver this season. It was however a bit more impressive to see Gilli'i's performance in dueling for the victory on the unique course in the Jebslund countryside the round before where the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart finished in third place.

Of course, there will be very little that Gilli'i and the #41 Vilita and Turori Motorsports team will be able to take away from their back-to-back podium finishes and apply towards the Championship finale in Tundra Falls. The Superspeedway will drive nothing like the scenic road course or the pacey short track. While Vilita and Turori Motorsports has not won a superspeedway race yet this season – each of the four Vilita and Turori Motorsports drivers has posted one Top 5 finish a piece across the four Superspeedway events held thus far in the season. With forty-three drivers set to start the race and just four eligible for the series championship it is certainly possible for a driver to claim the championship without also being first to the checkered flag, as Gilli'i's teammate River 'Shark' Suzgar demonstrated just one season ago at the same track. As for the Superspeedway performances of the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply team they have gotten better throughout after a pair of 20th place finishes at the Tundra Falls 500 and at the Nantes International Speedway. Gilli'i nearly took the checkers at the Pencurve Electronics 500, being narrowly edged out in a runner-up finish at the stripe by Hampton Island driver Alex Knight who in the process denied Gilli'is teammate Centur Tiones a shot to compete in the playoffs. More impressively, however, have been the Tropicorp driver's performances in qualifying on superspeedways.

Among Vilita and Turori Motorsports three full season drivers, Gilli'i has the worst average qualifying position – and developed a reputation of charging through the field after poor qualifying efforts including winning the Toys '4' All 500 after starting in the 33rd position and more recently coming from the 27th starting position to finish runner-up at the Gryphon Supermarket 250 at Imperial Speedway. There have been no need for such heroic overtaking performances for Gilli'i on superspeedways, however, as the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart has started from the Top 10 in each of the five super speedway races this season including the pre-season exhibition race in Tundra Falls. At Brittany Normandie Aquitaine Gilli'i put the #41 Vilita and Turori Motorsports machine on the outside of the front row for their best qualifying effort of the season which has seen only Suzgar start on pole position for the Vilita & Turori Motorsports Team. While Gilli'i is no stranger to coming through the field after a bad qualifying effort, continuing their string of Top 10 qualifying runs on the super-speedway would be a welcome relief for both driver and team as they will for the compete for their first NSSCRA Title.

ImageImageImage

:: WINS: [ 1 ] :: TOP 5: [ 6 ] :: TOP 10: [ 8 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]

:: WINS: [ 0 ] :: TOP 5: [ 1 ] :: TOP 10: [ 4 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]

iBen Toralmintii :: #77 Race Eelandii Dart
:: WINS: [ 0 ] :: TOP 5: [ 0 ] :: TOP 10: [ 1 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]
Centur Tiones and Rockii Ezis battle at the Imperial Speedway

While Centur Tiones and the #2 Tiones Lumber Dart team likely came into the race weekend at the Imperial Speedway with lofty goals and dreams of becoming rare back-to-back race winners both on the season and at a particular track on the circuit, in the end the Turorian who had been relegated to Development Driver-like status after missing out on the NSSCRA Playoffs never really seemed to challenge for the win and ultimately settled for a 14th place finish. While the disappointment of not competing for the victory in Vangaziland will likely blow over by the time the engine is fired for the first time in Tundra Falls, Tiones will almost certainly take with them an entirely different burden throughout the season finale after a twii.tur thread went viral throughout the Island Emirate and portions of the sporting world noting that if the Pencurve Electronics 500 had finished differently and Tiones advanced to the NSSCRA Chase, the driver of the #2 Tiones Lumber Dart would have cruised easily through each playoff round and into the Championship Four. Even without considering their victory at Die Landschaftlich Schöne Strecke in Jebslund as a free ticket to the finale, Tiones out-performed two of the four championship drivers during the round of 8. Unfortunately for Tiones, the only thing they could compete for was the 17th position in the standings – a spot they locked up with two races to spare. In fact, if It weren't for the fact that Tiones was the defending race winner in Vangaziland, the Vilita and Turori Motorsports leadership had toyed with the idea of letting Tiones sit out the remainder of the season once the 17th position was locked up – but considering how good the driver has performed having not finished outside the Top 20 since suffering terminal mechanical trouble that ultimately derailed the season in Round 10, they couldn't justify taking away that exposure from the teams sponsors, particularly as Tiones was the only one of the three Vilita and Turori Motorsports drivers to post a good finish at the Tundra Falls 500 – rounding out the podium in third place.

Image Replace any #NSSCRAchase driver after Jalton with @tiones2 and Tiones would have made the Championship 4!

While Tiones was unable to come up with a Top 10 finish in Vangaziland they still spent most of the race inside the Top 10 hovering around the 6th position just behind teammates Yraaga Gilli'i and Rockii Ezis who spent most of the race inside the Top 5. By race end however, only Gilli'i remained in the Top 5 as River 'Shark' Suzgar lost the grip on the track and slipped back to a 12th place finish, eliminating them from Playoff contention, while Rockii Ezis's strong run in the #60 CoCoCo / CoCo-Mart Dart was burdened by their involvement in a five-car incident that took out a bunch of mid-pack drivers including Jennifer Jane and Mael Erwinn before Ezis was caught up late with no where to go after Cocoabo #78's machine turned quickly after breaking free of the side of Tucker Capps machine. The damage to Ezis's #60 Dart wasn't terribly severe but the extra time on pit road put Ezis at the tail end of the lead lap and the minor damage may still have impacted the handling of the #60 machine as Ezis could only fight their way back to the 16th position by the end of the race. Ezis will have one more chance this season to claim their first career win although unlikely their teammates, it will be Ezis's first trip to the Tundra Falls Proving Ground this season. Ezis wasn't part of the festivities for the Tundra Falls 500 and was instead back home in Lonngeylin shaking down the Lonngeylin Ring before the inaugural Toys '4' All 500. Regardless of the result, however, Ezis will emerge from NSSCRA 7 a much more experienced driver who Vilita and Turori Motorsports officials will hope to further transition into a Championship caliber competitor in the future.

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:39 pm

NSSCRA: "THEA"-MAZING RACER
Alvarez steals win on last lap, heads to second straight Championship 4

by Yennefer Spencer

SOUTH STEAD - The place is Imperial Speedway, South Stead, Vangaziland. The race is the Gryphon Supermarket 250, the second to the last event in the seventh NSSCRA (Nationstates Stock Car Association) season. The lap is number 318 out of 322.

Leading the rest of the field are Stacie Houston of Team Cassadaigua, driving the #27 Five Star Mobile machine, and Yraaga Gilli'i of Vilita & Turori Motorsports, in the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart. These two drivers, both aiming for a spot in this season's Championship Four, have been fighting tooth and nail for the lead in the closing moments of this short but very important race. There was much contact to be had. The #27 would give the #41 a tap, then the latter would put a bumper on the former. Repeat several times.

A few car lengths behind them, Roman Gwinnett is running third in the #12 Dillard Cigarettes Knox. The Xannerian is not in the Chase, but he's trying to show the world that KRD Team Iona's recent good results aren't the result of a fluke and that they're likely to improve and become contenders next season. Behind Gwinnett is the current points leader, Kanyean Thea Alvarez, piloting the #46 Multiversal Automotive Coatings Chadwick for Glorious Free Republic Motorsports. Alvarez had a good race so far, with 103 laps led, and is highly likely to make it on points.

Lap 319, or three until the end. Houston had barely taken the previous lap by a nose over Gilli'i. The other cars behind them were closing in, led by Gwinnett. Lap 320. Again Houston led by less than a hundredth of a second. Entering turn 3, Alvarez made her move and nudged the #12 out of the way, pushing it onto the slower outside line and getting cheers of approval from a few Vannish fans (after all, Gwinnett had been knocking local racer and polesitter Kev Schorebrook's car around earlier). Now running third, the teenage Kanyean set her sights on the two-car battle in front of her. The lap went to Houston once more, but short track master Gilli'i would capture the white flag later. The #41 successfully the #27 off, increasing the gap to a car length, but the #46 managed to weave through the two leaders to steal the win. Gilli'i settled for a runner-up finish, a mere 0.003 second behind Alvarez; Houston ended up third. Still, all three move on to the Championship Four. Gwinnett and the #25 REDUP Energy Drink VM of Kev rounded out the top five.

The last of the four slots in the grand finale went to local bet Ellie Lindskog, much to the delight of Vannish and pro-Vannish audience members. The driver of the striking purple #50 Royal Imperial Brewery VM finished eighth. Fellow Chaser Kai Qiang, of the Sherpa Empire, finished two places better, but the man behind the wheel of the #44 Flying Fish Taxi TMW was too far behind on points to move on.

Also eliminated was another Kanyean, Skip Stiller of the #3 QED Car Rentals Chadwick. He finished just tenth, but by overtaking River Suzgar and the #14 Toys 4 All Dart on the last lap, denied the defending champ an opportunity to get back to back titles. Jessica Franssen of the #75 Humboltson Hotels VM also got past the "Shark"; the two ultimately ended up eleventh and twelfth, respectively.

However, the first to lose the chance to advance was Houston's teammate, Meghan Sharpe. Way back on Lap 22, Sharpe was running in the top 15 and side by side with Newmanistani newbie Zachary Cornell when Sherpa Dinggu Wang decided to make it three-wide, no easy task given the size of the track, and failed. Both Sharpe's #4 Spacebook car and Wang's #79 vehicle spun out, the latter collecting Cornell's #59 in the process. Yeezie part-timer Sage Caldwell tried to dodge the wrecks, but was unable to, leaving his #00 Kanyean Veterans Fund Chadwick with too much damage to continue. Sharpe, Caldwell, Cornell and Wang were classified 40th to 43rd, in that order. Meanwhile, fourth Kanyean driver Philip West took the #19 Blood Moon Beer Chadwick to a matching 19th, and open charter user Karli Schmitt was 23rd in the #01 VM.

First of the GFR drivers to be interviewed by the Kibitzerwas race winner Alvarez, who was being her usual bubbly self. "Yay! Final four! That was quite the battle at the end. I'm so happy, and so excited for the grand finale as well. This round of the Chase has been good to me. One win, and three podiums. The 46 team will continue to pour a lot on effort in preparing for the race and during the race itself. We'll make sure of that!" She then thanked her fans, crew and sponsors, among others.

"Too bad, not making it, but at least the 3 team went further than the first round this season. That's an accomplishment, and so are all those poles and the wins. There's some disappointment, but the way I see it, the good outweighs the bad in my season", said Stiller. "Congratulations and good luck to all that advanced, especially Thea. Her star is just rising. She's still young, which means many good years ahead for her and GFR. Oh, and for all those that were eliminated, including me, hope we keep on improving."

"Man, that sucked", commented Caldwell on his crash, in which he was miraculously unhurt. "But there was nothing I could do about it. It was just the wrong place and wrong time. There was no place to try to squeeze past. There was a car inside and outside. Wish Wang realized that sooner. But I still hope he's fine after that crash. Meg too, and that Cornell kid. Regarding my teammates, congrats to Thea, and as for [the sidelined Jeremiah] Brooke..... well, dude, I hear you're doing better now. That's great news. See you next season." West simply said, "I'd say I had a decent race. But my entire run this season has been unremarkable. Hopefully I can return next season and fix that. But for now, go Thea, and go GFR."

The series revisits the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds in Newmanistan next week for the championship-deciding race, the Proving Grounds 500. There are several interesting tidbits about the Championship Four of Alvarez, Houston, Lindskog and Gilli'i. Girl power is at full power, with three female contenders in the first three mentioned, leaving Gilli'i as the odd, not to mention only, man out. Additionally, the first two make their second straight Championship Four, while the last two aren't even in the Chase last season. If Gilli'i wins the race, not only will it be VTM's second title, it will be the third time that a driver has finished third, second and first in three consecutive races, after Alex Knight in the last three races of the regular season, and Alvarez during the entire Chase third round. If Lindskog wins, she will have won the first and last points-paying race of the season, though if Alvarez wins, she wins the first and last of all races in the season. If any of the girls win, it will be her second win in the track (Houston's first was in last season's points opener).

All qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk. Full qualifying, race, and driver points tables are also found on that website.

OFFICIAL STANDINGS - Race 22 of 23 (South Stead)

1. #46 Thea Alvarez (STK)
2. #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (VNT)
3. #27 Stacie Houston (CDG)
4. #12 Roman Gwinnett (XAN)
5. #25 Kev Schorebrook (VNG)
10. #3 Skip Stiller (STK)
19. #19 Philip West (STK)
41. #00 Sage Caldwell (STK)

CHASE POINTS
(End of third round. The first four listed below have advanced into the championship and will have their points reset to 5000 before the next race.)

1. #46 Thea Alvarez (STK) - 4131 (1 win in round)
2. #27 Stacie Houston (CDG) - 4123
3. #50 Ellie Lindskog (VNG) - 4109
4. #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (VNT) - 4102
--------------------
5. #14 River Suzgar (VNT) - 4100
6. #44 Kai Qiang (SHW) - 4095
7. #3 Skip Stiller (STK) - 4093
8. #4 Meghan Sharpe (CDG) - 4055

NEXT RACE

Proving Grounds 500 @ Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Tundra Falls, Newmanistan
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Race: Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway)
Lap Record: 56.342 seconds

Drivers in red needed to qualify in, and failed to.
Drivers in orange competed for the Newmanistan open charter, and did not qualify for it.
1 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland)                      56.750
2 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 56.775
3 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 56.781
4 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 56.784
5 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 56.812
6 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 56.830
7 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 56.858
8 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 56.875
9 #5 Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) *OCQ* 56.887
10 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 56.935
11 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 56.959
12 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 56.970
13 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 56.989
14 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 57.009
15 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 57.020
16 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 57.148
17 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 57.160
18 #48 Shawn Curtis (Newmanistan) *OCQ* 57.210
19 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 57.219
20 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 57.240
21 #24 Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) *OCQ* 57.280
22 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 57.361
23 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 57.444
24 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 57.445
25 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 57.452
26 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 57.606
27 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 57.623
28 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.640
29 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 57.708
30 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 58.002
31 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 58.154
32 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 58.244
33 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 58.311
34 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 58.463
35 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 58.666
36 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 58.786
37 #15 Jeff Shreeves (Xanneria) *Q* 58.814
38 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 58.990
39 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 59.001
40 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 59.014
41 #94 Yael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) *Q* 59.023
42 #34 Warren Pawstone (The Ferret Lands) *Q* 59.044

43 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 59.055
44 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.080
45 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 59.200
46 #49 Melvin Andrew (One Jamaica) *Q* 59.235
47 #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) *Q* 59.254

48 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.279
49 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 59.485
50 #98 Adam Poboski (Greythorne) *Q* 59.592
51 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 59.765
Last edited by Newmanistan on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:14 am

Time For Houston To Shine,

Of the four drivers that have a chance to win the championship at the Proving Grounds 500, there are two that are getting their second crack at it. That would be her, and Thea Alvarez from Saint Kanye. Houston ran second in the points to River Suzgar last season, but the reigning title holder was knocked out of the Championship Four by his own teammate, Yraaga Gilli’i. Houston was raced hard by Gilli’i for a while, and perhaps there is a competitive rivarlry brewing between the two of them on the short tracks. The Tundra Falls Superspeedway is anything but a superspeedway, and Houston looks to finish one better then where she did last year.

Houston understands the Proving Grounds. She took her customary slow lap around the track to soak it all in and could only look above as she prayed for guidance in this race. “Over the years, we have had various teams compete here at Newmanistan’s Proving Grounds. We always hear about the Spirits of this place from Newmanistan, and how much it means to them. It is a unique and special place; you really have to appreciate this place well. It is an honor to race on this track. It’s not just another venue.” Stacie Houston has won here. So, too, has Thea Alvarez, and she thinks that should be she is in good company with the rumored Spirits of the Proving Grounds. “It’s not just a rumor,” she said, “Their presence is here, I can feel it.” Houston believes she is on the good side of them, as well, “I haven’t wrecked here it, so that’s a start. Thea and I both have won here, so I think both of us can say we are their good side. We’ve had teams come in here before, like I said, with things on the line, and have been able to have success. You need to do it the right way.”

Houston could only qualify 24th for the event, but was not the worst qualifier of the Championship Four, as Ellie Lindskog starts 31st. At a superspeedway, qualifying is not that important, and the attitude in both the Houston and Lindskog pits should still be competitive. Both Alvarez and Gilli’i are starting in the top seven positions. On the pole is Lindskog’s teammate, Jessica Franssen, as the open wheel champion gets an opportunity to gain momentum for what is likely to be a full season ride in the 75 car next year. Kai Qiang and River Suzgar, a couple of usual suspects on the top of the qualifying board were up there again. Neither Houston or Lindskog have a teammate near them on the starting grid to draft with to work their way through the field, but Houston had a good idea on how to handle that. “We might as well just help each other. Why delay the inevitable that we’re both going to get up there anyway,” Houston stated with a confident grin.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Overlook

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:24 am

Jess Franssen was on a mission to show she has what it takes to drive stock cars. She is fresh off a big 'Gryphon 250' finish which saw her keep the defending champion from advancing. The open wheel and rally champion was after the biggest race of the season. Jess has been known to step up late in a season. She won the season finale of WGPC 14 at the Grand Prix of Audioslavia. She won her title after finishing third at the same event in WGPC 16.

This time Jessica prepared to take on the Proving Grounds 500. With so much on the line, she lined up for the most prominent qualifying run of the season. Even her first solo laps looked fast. She put up a time which was a lucky .025 seconds ahead of Kai Qiang.

"REDUP Energy, thank you for sponsoring such a fantastic car", Jess said at the pole award ceremony. Vannish drivers had established a habit of thanking the drink company with partial sponsorship on each Corsair car. The Vannish company would be happy to close out the season by getting their brand mentioned through two major races.

Floyd Hackerbee was in Newmanistan to watch the race. Those who saw him said he seemed deep in thought. He had to be at least a little jealous after seeing Jessica's late season success. He had been in the stands at South Stead. His lasting memory of the race would be how loud the Vannish crowd cheered for her. Floyd bet that most of them didn't even miss him. It made him start thinking about a next step. Maybe he should get a job. He kept seeing signs that VMR was hiring for other positions. Better yet, he could buy a few commercial trucks, hire some drivers and go into business. 'Hackerbee Express' sounded like quite the shipping line.

No. He couldn't give up. Maybe Jess would be too busy to run next season. Nothing had been finalized, or even really said.

All eyes were on Ellie Lindskog. besides one recent podium, Ellie has been on a poor run of qualifying efforts. The Tundra Falls Proving Grounds would see one of the worst starts of her career. Lindskog would be starting the purple and white Royal Imperial Brewery car 33rd. It was a terrible start in a long line of bad performance.

"We've seen our car make up time" Ellie said after the session. "Our odds are cut out for us. We'll have to fight into the top 10 and hope Thea and Yraaga will be bouncing around the back of that stretch." Both of the other drivers will have better starts at 4th and 7th respectively. Stacie Houston will also be looking to climb forward from a 26th place start.

"Both Stacie and Ellie should be quick enough to make up time", said Kev Schorebrook. The former GT2 driver brought the #25 into a respectable 15th place start.

Lindskog's poor start upset some of her fans. "Are we serious right now?" 25 year old math teacher Dave Santan raised the question. "We have a race on this magnitude and Ellie qualifies behind drivers like Kevin Cosgrove and close to the Furheart family? She's let down her team."

Other fans were more understanding. "Racing is a competitive sport. Each driver also has their own drawbacks. Ellie will have to step up, which is possible. If she doesn't she can be proud to have made it this far."

Kev spoke on his early exit. "I have great pace", Schorebrook said after qualifying. "If I were still in the Chase, I'd be in a great position. The entire REDUP team will work hard throughout the offseason to be more prepared."

The Vannish drivers spent several hours a day running on VMR's simulators in their South Stead facility between the season's last two events.

"It's just harder for me to track a line on a solo qual run", Ellie fathomed as the reason for her starting difficulties. "Our team is good at tuning a car to race day conditions. We'll try to set up another great car after the first stop. Our pit strategy has helped us break into the top ten. The best part of the Corsair team is the way we come together. Team effort and spirit helped us reach the final race for silverware."

Reporters with exclusive access managed to ask Prince Fritz Vang, heir to the Vannish Empire, about his views on NSSCRA.

"Ellie has made us so proud", said the Prince. "Floyd and Kev got caught up in some nasty things. Ellie has risen above it all. She represents the hopes of people seperated by oceans."

Prince Vang was asked which international drivers made an impact on him. "Stacie Houston seems to be in great form. If stories of her and Kev are true, then she also has great taste."

Fritz dug into a few deeper thoughts. "Skip Stiller is in a similar position to Kev. Skip stayed in a little later. If both drivers were still in competition, you'd bet your money on either one."

He was asked who he thought would likely win at the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds. "You have to consider Alvarez the favorite", said Prince Vang. "She's been the best throughout the last Chase stretch. She also has the best start." The Vannish Prince paused, adjusting his silk blazer before continuing. "Having said that, I still think Stacie or 'El' can make a comeback. This is why NSSCRA is so exciting. I'll miss the sport during the offseason."

Prince Vang has been a known motorsports fan for some time. He was seen making Jessica Franssen blush before the latest Vannish Grand Prix. Fritz is finally getting involved in racing. He trained with his cousin, Duke Harssen, on a specific aircraft for NASJAR air races. It is another daring move for Fritz, who has trained as a private pilot since 16.

"Air racing is going to be such a great way to see the world", said the Prince. "The Vannish team has been training pretty hard. It's definitely going to be an adventure."

Ellie was asked on her thoughts on the classic aircraft racing league. "It's such a creative project", Ellie said. "I'll be glad to watch a race, for once."

Two active duty fighter pilots are also joining Vangaziland's NASJAR entries. The Vannish Air Force and the Imperial Navy planned to settle a rivalry between their nation's pilots. Fritz was technically an Army veteran, but wasn't a pilot in the service. Neither of the active duty pilots would want to lose to former Major Vang.

"Vangaziland's active duty pilots deserve the airtime", said Jessica Franssen. "People like me earn headlines across Vangaziland. Let's not forget those who put their lives on the line to protect us from the nasties. They are the true heroines of the Empire."

VMR Corsair drivers got their final look at the track. The next time their cars meet the tarmac will be race day. Lindskog hopes for enough motivation to make the legendary effort she'll need to win. She prepared herself for the reality of defeat. Jess hoped to place well in one last big race. She was kind of addicted to the spotlight. This result would have to hold her until WGPC 17. Kev wanted to win a race for his fans. They stuck with him, even with ugly rumors floating around.

Then there was Floyd Hackerbee. He didn't know it yet, but he had tickets next to Prince Fritz to watch the race. The Imperial Royal would be glad to meet him. Floyd would be stunned, of course. Hackerbee fathomed himself a celebrity in his own right, given Vangaziland's love for motorsports. He wasn't often star struck.

Many Vangazi would schlep to Tundra Falls for the Proving Grounds 500. Most would come from the local Esportivan Colony in the host's same region. Vangaziland is embedded in Esportiva, becoming synonymous with the region. Vannish athletes often try to win titles for the regional landmasses. Lindskog, Schorebrook, Franssen and even Hackerbee were seen toasting after qualifying. Their cry?

"For Esportiva!"
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:39 pm

ImageImageImageImage

:: WINS: [ 1 ] :: TOP 5: [ 7 ] :: TOP 10: [ 11 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]

:: WINS: [ 0 ] :: TOP 5: [ 2 ] :: TOP 10: [ 4 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]

iBen Toralmintii :: #77 Race Eelandii Dart
:: WINS: [ 0 ] :: TOP 5: [ 0 ] :: TOP 10: [ 1 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]

River 'Shark' Suzgar won't compete for a title but will start from 3rd position
Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan ::For the first time in their stock car top level NSSCRA stock car racing career, River 'Shark' Suzgar II arrived at the race track with virtually nothing on the line. Sure, they were still there to compete for the race win and fight for a Top 5 finish in the final point standings but never before had the Shark entered a race without the chance to do something that would contribute to their overall goal of winning the overall series title. After finishing just two points behind teammate Yraaga Gilli'i at the cutoff line for the Round of 8 in Vangaziland, however, that is exactly the scenario that Suzgar faces in Tundra Falls. A win in the Proving Grounds 500 won't give them a championship. It won't allow them to advance to the next round of competition. It won't be anything but another tally on their record and a photo opportunity for the sponsors. Suzgar finished in third place during the NSSCRA season 6 Proving Grounds 500 en route to claiming the series championship. When the green flag drops in Tundra Falls Suzgar will have done their last interview as NSSCRA champion. Even throughout the week in Newmanistan, the Shark has seen their media attention greatly reduced as much of the focus has been on the Championship Four and who will replace the driver of the #14 car as the reigning series champion. While there was one question and answer session set up by the sanctioning body that included the Championship Four as well as Suzgar, the rest have been one offs mostly focused on relieving the disappointment of narrowly missing out on the last four and whether or not the Vilaye Energy Drink sponsored driver still considered the season a success.

Of course, as the defending series champion it would have been hard for anything other than a repeat title winning triumph to be considered a success for the #14 Vilitan Tourism \ Vilaye Energy Drink \ Toys '4' All Dart Team. Statistically speaking, however, there was nothing to be disappointed about for Suzgar and the team who with one race to go in the season have matched their win total of two from NSSCRA Season 6, recorded seven top five finishes compared with just four during their championship season and most impressively finished in the Top 10 fourteen times - twice as many Top 10 finishes as Suzgar had racked up during NSSCRA Season 6 including a run of nine consecutive Top 10 finishes to wrap up the regular season. Just two points stood between the defending series champion and a chance to defend their title in the Proving Grounds 500. While they certainly would have rather been amongst the Championship Four fighting for a second consecutive championship, they will certainly be able to look back on their performance during NSSCRA Season 7 and be proud of what they accomplished in demonstrating that they truly are one of the best teams on the circuit despite getting off to a slow start just as they had during their championship winning performance during Season 6. Now, Suzgar and the #14 team will likely begin to turn their attention to NSSCRA Season 8 joining the ranks of the development and research drivers trying out new setups and components in an effort to aid teammate Yraaga Gilli'is title challenge and the entire Vilita and Turori Motorsports teams efforts starting the season off in Tundra Falls during NSSCRA Season 8.

Of course, River 'Shark' Suzgar wasn't the only Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver who has likely had mixed feelings throughout the race weekend in Tundra Falls watching the Championship Four prepare to do battle without being part of it. Many experts had picked Centur Tiones to be Vilita and Turori Motorsports top threat during the NSSCRA 7 Season as it was Tiones and not the eventual champion Suzgar who had the best performances down the stretch of NSSCRA 6 including four consecutive Top 10 finishes and a dominant win from the pole position at the Imperial Speedway in Vangaziland. The experts pick looked a shrewd one as Tiones picked off three Top five finishes in the opening five events of the NSSCRA season and looked a sure-fire bet to lock themselves into the Chase on points. Tiones never could crack the winners circle in the regular season, however, and a lack of repeat winners over the first 13 races meant there weren't enough points spots to go around among the Chase slots leaving Tiones on the outside looking in despite finishing in the Top 16 in the point standings. Since the regular season ended at Jalton SuperSpeedway in Saint Kanye, Tiones has been one of the top performing drivers on the circuit - Chase or no Chase. Some analysts have suggested that no matter what permutation was made if you replaced any of the 16 Chase drivers with Tiones starting in the Round of 16, the driver of the #2 Tiones Lumber Dart would have progressed all the way to the Championship Four. But like Suzgar, things did not work out that way for Tiones who will once again be racing for pride in the Proving Grounds 500. Unlike Suzgar - who still has work to do in order to attempt to lock up the 5th position in the series standings, Tiones doesn't even have standings placement to worry about in Newmanistan as the Turorian backed driver has already locked up the 17th spot in the Final Points Table, best amongst non-chase drivers. While there had been rumors that Vilita and Turori Motorsports was considering letting Tiones sit out the finale, Tiones will be on the track as a potential drafting partner as the team look to do what they can to aid Championship Four teammate Yraaga Gilli'i and the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart.

The final Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver in the field for the finale will be the #60 of CoCoCo backed driver Rockii Ezis. The youngster made their debut at the Li River Speedway in The Sherpa Empire during NSSCRA Season 6 and was vastly outperformed by all of their teammates except at the home race at the Vilitan Mountain Challenge Course where Ezis started and finished inside the Top 5. The #60 car didn't get on track until Round 3 of NSSCRA Season 7 at the Lonngeylin Ring but since then, Ezis has exceeded expectations as a driver without an assured National Charter starting position in each event. Ezis has put the #60 CoCoCo / CoCo-Mart Dart into the field on all but one occasion - failing to qualify for the superspeedway race at the Nantes International Speedway in Brittany Normandy Aquitaine. While both sponsors and team officials alike were certainly pleased that Ezis could get the #60 car into the field almost every week, they will likely see room for improvement in Ezis's raceday results. The development driver was more frequently involved in on track incidents - not necessarily ones that resulted in a DNF but certainly damaging the equipment and hampering the race results as Ezis has finished in the Top 10 just four times across eighteen appearances. With the sanctioning body considering structural overhauls for NSSCRA Season 8 those performances will certainly be factored along with the sponsorship dollars that Ezis has brought with them when considering whether or not the Turorian would be considered for a full time National Chartered slot.

For Ezis, the Proving Grounds 500 will be just their second appearance at the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds after having skipped out on the festivities of the season-opening speedweeks. Ezis was the only Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver not to qualify in the Top 10 and will have some work to do to catch up to presumed drafting partner Centur Tiones who qualified the #2 Tiones Lumber Dart a full ten positions higher than Ezis's 20th place time. River 'Shark' Suzgar was the top performing Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver in qualifying putting the #14 machine on the inside of the second row in third place alongside the top performing Championship Four driver and winner of the Gryphon Supermarkets 250, #46 Thea Alvarez. Suzgar will likely pair up with Championship Four contender #41 Yraaga Gilli'i who starts not far behind in 7th position as the duo will hope to re-claim the NSSCRA Series Title for Vilita and Turori Motorsports.

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013

Postby Tropicorp » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Team Tropicorp Hoping to Right the Ship in Newmanistan

Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan :: Team Tropicorp had been riding a huge wave of momentum from the start of the NSSCRA Playoff rounds starting with Euroli Islander's near-miss at Jalton SuperSpeedway as they came just carlengths away from pulling off the upset and taking home the checkered flag in the Pencurve Electronics 500. The third place run in Saint Kanye, however, kicked off a stretch of six consecutive races where one of the two Team Tropicorp drivers finished in the Top 12 - a massive turnaround for the Tropicoast based team that had prior to that point finished in the Top 12 in just one race - a great team performance in the Ferret Lands when Cocoabo #78 started and finished the race in 10th place at the Ferret National Autodrome while Euroli Islander improved from their 15th starting position to finish 11th.
Team Tropicorp have a new picture to frame on the walls of their Tropicoast Campus

Cocoabo #28 will carry the Cocoabo Forest Olympic Delegation Crest on the #28 Dart

With the team flying high and everyone feeling as if they were on the verge of breaking through, disrupting the 'big 5' and becoming more than just an experimentation and training team, the wheels came crashing off the momentum train in Xanneria at the track whose city can not be spelled and whose tight corners could not be tamed by many drivers, particularly those of Team Tropicorp.

Perhaps it was no coincidence that Team Tropicorps return to mediocrity was spurred at the very moment that Cocoabo #28 returned to the teams roster. After negotiating with representatives from Central Shaneville for the better part of the season, a deal was finally done with the assistance of the NSSCRA Sanctioning body to permit Team Tropicorp to acquire one of the now-defunct entities charters permitting Cocoabo #28 back to the track full-time for the first time since the terrifying incident at the Lonngeylin Ring that sidelined the Cocoabo earlier in the season.

The highly anticipated return of Cocoabo #28 came with great fanfare as the Cocoabo arrived in Xanneria with a fresh new paint scheme, full backing of the Cocoabo Preservation Society and renewed optimism thanks to the strong performances of their fellow Cocoabo, Cocoabo #78. Instead, the arrival of Cocoabo #78 seemed to bring the whole team down as the crew that had grown accustomed to focusing on the preparation of just one Cocoabo piloted machine was now preparing two and all mechanical resources were now spread across three cars instead of two. Not a single Team Tropicorp driver finished in the Top 20 at the Road Course in Xanneria and things were even worse in the countryside of Jebslund at Die Landschaftlich Schone Strecke where none of the three Team Tropicorp drivers could even crack the Top 25.

There was a small bright spot in that stretch as Cocoabo #78 seemed to have a strong handle on the racing line at the Li River Speedway in The Sherpa Empire, qualifying 11th and matching their career best finish with a 6th place run far outperforming both of their teammates who were mired in the mid-to-rear of the field. Cocoabo #78 could only improve two places from their 32nd starting position to finish 30th while Euroli Islander saw the same return on investment improving from 25th to 23rd in the final leaderboard.

The doldrums continued onward to the Gryphon Supermarket 250 in Vangaziland where the three Team Tropicorp cars ran together for much of the day starting 24th, 25th and 33rd and finishing 25th, 27th and 31st. There were perhaps just three positives or even notables that came out of South Stead; firstly Cocoabo #78 did try some alternate pit strategies and did run in the Top 10 for a stretch providing some advertising value to their Cocoabo Park backers. Secondly, there was a stretch during the race where the three Team Tropicorp cars were running nose to tail - while they were running in the 20's it was before the cars had gotten too beat up from race damage and provided an excellent photo opportunity to help decorate the walls back at the shop. Thirdly, and perhaps most significantly, it was the first time since their return to the track that Cocoabo #28 had been the highest finishing Team Tropicorp driver.

For the first three events of the NSSCRA Season including the Exhibition at Tundra Falls, Cocoabo #28 was the highest finishing Team Tropicorp driver. That is, in every NSSCRA event Cocoabo #28 had ever competed in prior to their accident in the Toys '4' All 500, they beat every other driver in that event that was racing in an identically prepared car. In every single race after their accident in the Toys '4' All 500, Cocoabo #28 finished LAST amongst their teammates - IE: all drivers competing in that event in an Identically prepared car. In fact, when compared against their three teammates, Cocoabo #28 has never finished in the middle - only first, or last. With Cocoabo #28 finally getting back to form when compared against similarly equipped teammates, perhaps there is one minor piece of optimism the #28 Cocoabo Preservation Dart team can take with them into the season finale.

One other piece of news, however, was that Cocoabo #28 would not be finished racing once the cars are loaded onto their haulers in Newmanistan. While teammates Cocoabo #78 and Euroli Islander will get the chance to enjoy their offseason and refresh before the team decides what the future holds for both of them, the team felt that Cocoabo #28 after missing half the season, still needed more track time. As such, Cocoabo #28 will head from Newmanistan over to the Free Republics where they will represent the Cocoabo Forest contingent in the XII Summer Olympiad as an open wheel auto-racer. The Auto Racing event was recently added as a demonstration event for the XII Summer Games and the Cocoabo Forest delegation will be putting forth one competitor in both the Male and Female Auto Racing categories with World Grand Prix driver Cocoabo #23, otherwise known as 'Fast Cocoabo', representing the Cocoabo Forest in the Mens division. To provide awareness and support for the small Cocoabo contingent competing in the Olympic Games, Cocoabo #28 will carry the Cocoabo Forest Olympic Delegation logo on the hood of the #28 Cocoabo Preservation Dart during the season finale in Newmanistan.
- Tropicorp -

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:31 pm

NSSCRA: LOOKING BACK AT THE "SEASON OF EVERYTHING"
Alvarez with best qual run among Championship Four

by Maria Muller and Ray Wright

TUNDRA FALLS - Time surely runs as fast as a NSSCRA car. It seems like just yesterday when the Kibitzer ran its season preview article for the start of the seventh season of the Nationstates Stock Car Racing Association. Now this article will be discussing the season finale, the championship race at the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds in Newmanistan, and some of the many things that defined the seventh running of the world's premier stock car racing league.

Among the four drivers racing to obtain the championship trophy is St. Kanye's very own Thea Alvarez. The 19-year-old, who used to just race in small dirt tracks and go-kart courses back home, has turned into some sort of celebrity in the Glorious Free Republic and abroad after doing well and picking up wins in two NSSCRA seasons. "Sometimes, I still can't believe how far I've gotten in just two seasons' time", she told the Kibitzer. "I'm thankful for being given this opportunity to race for the country, and I'm happy, feeling I haven't disappointed." Alvarez qualified fourth in her Glorious Free Republic Motorsports #46 car sponsored by Multiversal Automotive Coatings. That put her in front of the other three championship drivers in the grid. "I hope this good qualifying position will be to my advantage. Of course, superspeedways can be full of surprises. I'm just going to pour in all my focus and effort, and try to prepare for anything that comes my way", she said.

Two rows behind Alvarez, in the seventh position, is Vilita & Turori Motorsports' Yraaga Gilli'i, another of the racers gunning for the title. The driver of the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart has finished right behind Alvarez in the last two races, and will be hoping that third time's the charm as he aims to give his team back-to-back championships. Stacie Houston, of Team Cassadaigua, starts 24th in the #27 Five Star Mobile car. Her mission is to surpass her second place points finish to River Suzgar last season. Finally, we have Ellie Lindskog starting 31st for VMR Corsair. Lindskog, who drives a #50 VM sporting the colors of Royal Imperial Brewery, wishes to do her native Vangaziland proud in the country's first crack at a title run.

Notable drivers not in the final four include Lindskog's teammate Jessica Franssen (#75) on pole; Kanyeans Skip Stiller (#3), Philip West (#19) and Sage Caldwell (#00) at sixth, 23rd and 32nd, respectively; and local driver Bryan Harrison at ninth, beating out Shawn Curtis and Ashley Matthews for the open charter spot.

This season can be defined by many different things. For one, it's the season of girl power. We have three females in the Championship Four, and eight of sixteen in the initial Chase grid. Lindskog had a rapid rise in performance from last season, as did Dagan Meghan Sharpe. Alvarez and Houston continued running at a high level, and the league saw new female drivers with great rookie seasons: Jenna Logan, Eva Kerman, Liangmei Li and Tsering Chu among others. Franssen, despite her limited schedule, showed how capable she is of making the transition from open wheelers to stock cars. Still, the males weren't left out, with guys such as Stiller, Suzgar and Kai Qiang continuing to pile on the wins, top 5s and top 10s.

It is also the season of opportunities. That is, all those changes in the roster gave new opportunities for drivers to show their worth. Caldwell debuted as GFR's second part-timer, and stepped up to the challenge (when he kept the car in one piece, that is). Rockii Ezis of VTM only had a handful of races last season, not enough to completely gauge his talent, but with his expanded but still partial schedule now, he has shown promise and could be up for a full-time charter in the near future. Among the late season changes, Sherpaland brought in Dinggu Wang, VMR Corsair replaced Floyd Hackerbee with Franssen, Newmanistan's Rocket Motorsports changed all three of their drivers, and Hampton Island's Lexi Patterson jumped ship to the Jebslunden stable. While these racers delivered in some way, some more than others, there were still duds, of course. Jeff Shreeves broke his streak of DNQs, only to languish in the rear upon finally making the field. Melvin Andrew earned himself a measly two points in his only appearance in a race.

The series welcomed several new teams from different nations. Some teams, like those from Hampton Island and Xanneria, showed promise, the former immediately producing a Chaser in the form of Alex Knight, and the latter also showing improvement, though it came slower and later (but is highly probable to carry on until next season). Conversely, Lisander's Dunneot GT showed good results at the start, but as the schedule advanced, the team faded and went from front-runners to backmarkers. This season, so to speak, is also the season of rise and fall.

As hard as it is to admit, the season can be defined by controversy as well. When Ezis came in, causing VTM to expand into a four-car operation, many other teams complained. There were also complaints about Xannerian driver Tom Bombelli's xenophobia (causing him to get sacked in favor of Tucker Capps), Patterson's management and sponsorship woes, and Chaser gift snubs. ("No cans for us? No coats for you!") There were some questions about the league's safety, stemming from the many crashes throughout the schedule. Cocoabo #28 got sidelined, Chu and Sharpe got eliminated from the Chase, and St. Kanye's Jeremiah Brooke experienced both. There were calls to ban the Brycline Harbor course where Brooke's season ended, as well as the equally dangerous Ferret National Autodrome. Still, the series kept on rising in popularity, especially among Kanyeans.

We at the Kibitzer look forward to an exciting championship battle, as well as an exciting eighth season of the NSSCRA.

All qualifying sessions and races will be broadcast live on SKYNET (Saint KanYe NETwork) Sports Channel 12, and online at nsscra.skynet.stk.
Last edited by Saint Kanye on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Emperor Michael V provided the following speech just prior to the race:

"I would like to thank all of the nations for their participation during the seventh season of NSSCRA. A season that began here at Tundra Falls is now ready to decide a champion. All of the drivers have provided plenty of excitement, and I am sure that more will follow here today. May the Spirits look over all of our drivers today, for their health and overall safety. This goes towards all of the crew members, track personnel, and all of the great fans in the stands. There will only be one champion, but everyone in the field should be grateful for being here. Thank you to everyone. I look forward to the race."

His Highness will be waving the green flag very shortly.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm

:: WINS: [ 2 ] :: TOP 5: [ 8 ] :: TOP 10: [ 13 ] -:- POLES: [ 0 ]

Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan :: It had been a whirlwind of a week for Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver Yraaga Gilli'i after a whirlwind last lap in Vangaziland resulted in the driver of the #41 Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart advancing to the NSSCRA Championship Four to compete for the NSSCRA championship in Vangaziland. Four drivers from different countries racing for different teams who may only have interacted casually and occasionally at times throughout the season were now thrust together bouncing from Media Session to Media Session as the NSSCRA looked to build up the excitement for its championship finale.

Of course, many of the questions along the tour were the generic and expected ones - what is your approach going to be, how does it feel, all those. There were some questions that kept repeating and probably started to get tiring by the time the race finally approached - for Gilli'i's three female challengers, of course, there were many questions related to being female at the top of their sport and for Gilli'i, the challenge of being a driver virtually unknown outside of their home country to be thrust upon the grand scale of the Championship battle.

Of course, Gilli'i quipped at a poll earlier in the season that suggested the average Cassadaiguan had an opinion on 15 of the 16 NSSCRA Chase drivers - a fairly positive or mixed opinion on fourteen of the drivers, a very negative opinion of one particular Sherpa driver, and then there was Gilli'i - a driver whome the poll didn't accumulate enough data to properly rate as most respondants either had no clue who Gilli'i was or thought the pollster was just throwing their name in as a joke - making up a name to see if they could punk the respondant into giving a confident opinion about a fictional driver in order to record their response to make a fool out of them later on. Of course, it wasn't the case, Gilli'i was a real driver and now, with the chance to go head to head against Cassadaigua's star driver Stacie Houston one more time with a championship on the line, Gilli'i had the chance to really make sure that Cassadaiguan's would remember the name Yraaga Gilli'i for years to come.

In the more detailed media sessions, some of the more knowledgable reporters would begin asking questions about the budding rivalry between Gilli'i and Houston particularly on the Short Tracks. Of course, with Yraaga Gilli'i having out-dueled Houston to win the Five Star Mobile 500 in Concord Heights, Cassadaigua - it is likely that the statistic of Dagans being unfamiliar with the name Yraaga Gilli'i had already changed greatly. With Gilli'i having bested Houston on her home track in a race sponsored by her own primary sponsor, even Houston had to acknowledge when asked bluntly by a humorously intended reported that Yes, they knew who Yraaga Gilli'i was, Yes, they even knew how to spell the name Yraaga Gilli'i and yes, there may have been something of a rivalry brewing between the two drivers on the short tracks.

Vannish driver Ellie Lindskog was put in an awkward position at one media conference when the conversation began to focus on the Gryphon Supermarkets 250 - the seasons penultimate race held just one week prior and the race that would ultimately set the lineup for the Championship Four. Despite being held in Lindskog's home country, the Vannish driver was the only Championship Four driver who was not in contention for the win - in fact, was the only Championship Four driver who was not leading the race at some point in the last 10 laps at the Imperial Speedway. After Yraaga Gilli'i and Stacie Houston finished telling the tale of what seemed to be another epic two-car battle for the victory, Thea Alvarez would jump in to describe her skill in waiting for the two now-rivals to wear each other out so she could pass them both to take the win - which is exactly what she did. Three of the four drivers competing for the NSSCRA Title in the Proving Grounds 500 had finished on the Podium at the Vangazi short track.

The Tundra Falls Proving ground was anything but a short track, however, and Lindskog of course was quick to point that out as the conversations and questions starting drifting away from her. Finally though, it was time to stop asking questions and get on the track for the final Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Qualifying session of the season. Before qualifying began, the Championship Four posed in front of the Vilaye banner with their custom can of Vilaye Energy Drink. The Vilisorma Beverage Company as part of its official partnership with the NSSCRA and its liscensing was able to produce special six packs of Vilaye Energy Drink available to fans in Newmanistan and in participating outlets throughout the multiverse. The six packs featured one can for each of the four Championship contenders in a special design with a can for #27 Stacie Houston and the Five Star Mobile team, #41 Yraaga Gilli'i and the Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart team, #46 Thea Alvarez and the Multiversal Automotive Coatings team and #50 Ellie Lindskog and the Vannish Motors Racing team. The #50 can did not actually resemble the #50 racing car or racing font but was still included in the six pack along with a special NSSCRA Chase can listing all the drivers and tracks who were part of the NSSCRA Chase and a special Proving Grounds 500 can with the Newmanistan flag as its backdrop.

When qualifying was complete, none of the Championship Four would claim pole position - with those honors instead going to Vannish driver Jessica Franssen. Round of 8 leader Thea Alvarez was best amongst Chase drivers qualifying in 4th place while Yraaga Gilli'i also qualified well in 7th. The other two Chase drivers, Stacie Houston and Ellie Lindskog, both struggled in the qualifying session with Houston posting the 26th fastest time and Lindskog back in 33rd place. While qualifying may not play too big an influence on the Superspeedways, it was certainly a boost in confidence for Alvarez and Gilli'i to put down a good lap and have a good starting position as the series prepare to crown a new first-time NSSCRA Champion at the Proving Grounds 500.

(OOC: I have all six cans made but they are on another computer, I will have them up shortly or after the race regardless)

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Race: Proving Grounds 500, Tundra Falls Proving Grounds, Newmanistan (Superspeedway)
Lap Record: 56.342 seconds
Minimum Time to avoid DNF: 59.600 seconds

Segment 1:
1 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)                      56.671
2 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 56.676
3 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 56.678
4 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 56.690
5 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 56.712
6 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 56.748
7 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 56.748
8 #5 Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) *OCQ* 56.845
9 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 56.856
10 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 56.879
11 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 56.881
12 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 56.966
13 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 56.984
14 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 57.059
15 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 57.081
16 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 57.093
17 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 57.098
18 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 57.115
19 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 57.118
20 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 57.125
21 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 57.131
22 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.143
23 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 57.237
24 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.295
25 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 57.337
26 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 57.363
27 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 57.469
28 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 57.686
29 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 57.753
30 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 57.992
31 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 58.046
32 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 58.275
33 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 58.409
34 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 58.849
35 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 59.008
36 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 59.069
37 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 59.074
38 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.126
39 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.228
40 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 59.321
41 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 59.379
42 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 59.457
43 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 59.493

Segment 2:
1 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire)                   56.664
2 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 56.705
3 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 56.754
4 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 56.773
5 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 56.775
6 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 56.804
7 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 56.820
8 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 56.852
9 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 56.856
10 #5 Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) *OCQ* 56.931
11 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 56.942
12 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 56.979
13 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 57.062
14 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 57.073
15 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 57.126
16 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 57.135
17 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 57.144
18 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 57.151
19 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.158
20 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 57.260
21 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 57.316
22 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 57.366
23 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 57.372
24 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 57.446
25 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 57.714
26 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 57.730
27 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 57.751
28 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.876
29 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 57.935
30 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 58.060
31 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 58.135
32 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 58.357
33 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 58.712
34 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 58.991
35 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 59.006
36 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 59.018
37 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.021
38 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 59.090
39 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 59.161
40 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 59.203
41 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 59.234
42 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.303
43 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 1:02.012 DNF

Segment 3:
1 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye)                      56.648
2 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 56.794
3 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 56.851
4 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 56.886
5 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 56.890
6 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 56.904
7 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 56.979
8 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 57.003
9 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 57.007
10 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 57.015
11 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 57.048
12 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.050
13 #5 Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) *OCQ* 57.064
14 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 57.071
15 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 57.135
16 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 57.190
17 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 57.198
18 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 57.316
19 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 57.321
20 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 57.336
21 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 57.355
22 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 57.643
23 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 57.681
24 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 57.728
25 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.753
26 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 57.892
27 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 58.196
28 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 58.278
29 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 58.318
30 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 58.369
31 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 58.453
32 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 58.515
33 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 58.533
34 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 59.024
35 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 59.027
36 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 59.080
37 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 59.095
38 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.141
39 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 59.174
40 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 59.195
41 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.225
42 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 59.729 DNF

Segment 4:
1 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland)                  56.675
2 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 56.685
3 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 56.738
4 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 56.748
5 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 56.774
6 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 56.865
7 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 56.905
8 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 56.966
9 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 56.966
10 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 57.123
11 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 57.132
12 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 57.143
13 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 57.259
14 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 57.320
15 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 57.343
16 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 57.386
17 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.390
18 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 57.493
19 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 57.545
20 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 57.597
21 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 57.621
22 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 57.623
23 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 57.749
24 #5 Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) *OCQ* 57.856
25 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 57.928
26 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 58.075
27 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 58.258
28 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 58.270
29 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 58.371
30 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 58.758
31 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.013
32 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.047
33 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 59.095
34 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 59.104
35 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 59.142
36 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 59.164
37 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 59.283
38 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 59.514
39 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 59.683 DNF
40 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 59.796 DNF
41 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 1:00.087 DNF

Segment 5:
1 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland)                    56.653
2 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua) 56.655
3 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 56.689
4 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 56.701
5 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 56.723
6 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 56.740
7 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 56.750
8 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 56.762
9 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 56.844
10 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 56.856
11 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 56.859
12 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 56.860
13 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 56.883
14 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 56.968
15 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 57.096
16 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 57.130
17 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.136
18 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 57.284
19 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 57.285
20 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 57.642
21 #5 Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) *OCQ* 57.700
22 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 57.719
23 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 57.766
24 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 57.803
25 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 57.851
26 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 58.507
27 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 58.682
28 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 58.964
29 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 58.981
30 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 59.010
31 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 59.124
32 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 59.237
33 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.290
34 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 59.314
35 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 59.374
36 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.518
37 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 59.574
38 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 1:00.582 DNF

Final Results (Average Segments 1-5)
1 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua)                    56.857 WINNER
2 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 56.859
3 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 56.870
4 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 56.905
5 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 56.922
6 #75 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 56.969
7 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 56.972
8 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 56.979
9 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 56.980
10 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 56.995
11 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 57.112
12 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 57.175
13 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 57.210
14 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 57.233
15 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 57.242
16 #5 Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) *OCQ* 57.279
17 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 57.299
18 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 57.378
19 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 57.460
20 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 57.540
21 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 57.581
22 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 57.584
23 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 57.647
24 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 57.663
25 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 57.684
26 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 57.797
27 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 57.832
28 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 57.846
29 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 58.157
30 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 58.656
31 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 59.090
32 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 59.106
33 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 59.154
34 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.175
35 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 59.208
36 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 59.217
37 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 59.220
38 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* DNF
39 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) DNF
40 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) DNF
41 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) DNF
42 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) DNF
43 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) DNF

Final Point Standings
1 #27 Stacie Houston (Cassadaigua)                  5048 NSSCRA 7 CHAMPION
2 #41 Yraaga Gilli'i (Vilita & Turori) 5042
3 #50 Ellie Lindskog (Vangaziland) 5041
4 #46 Thea Alvarez (Saint Kanye) 5035
5 #3 Skip Stiller (Saint Kanye) 4129
6 #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II (Vilita & Turori) 4123
7 #44 Kai Qiang (The Sherpa Empire) 4122
8 #4 Meghan Sharpe (Cassadaigua) 4086
9 #88 Liangmei Li (The Sherpa Empire) 3245
10 #6 Alex Knight (Hampton Island) 3181
11 #13 Oberst Eva Kerman (Jebslund) 3178
12 #18 Jeremiah Brooke (Saint Kanye) 3083
13 #25 Kev Schorebrook (Vangaziland) 2300
14 #11 Jenna Logan (Cassadaigua) 2269
15 #75 Floyd Hackerbee (Vangaziland) 2073
16 #90 Tsering Chu (The Sherpa Empire) 2067
17 #2 Centur Tiones (Vilita & Turori) 730
18 #1 Hauptmann Wilhelm Kerman (Jebslund) 609
19 #60 Rockii Ezis (Vilita & Turori) *Q* 533
20 #69 Oberfeldwebel Sofia Kerman (Jebslund) 498
21 #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) 497
22 #23 James McCurty (Hampton Island) *Q* 492
23 #12 Roman Gwinnett (Xanneria) 475
24 #22 Kevin Cosgrove (Hampton Island) 456
25 #10 Eddie Walters Jr (Xanneria) 434
26 #42 Euroli Islander (Tropicorp) 416
27 #9 Lício Granado (Lisander) 378
28 #7 Lourdina Westgrens (Lisander) 376
29 #24 Ashley Matthews (Newmanistan) 293
30 #01 Jessica Franssen (Vangaziland) 271
31 #5 Bryan Harrison (Newmanistan) 266
32 #48 Shawn Curtis (Newmanistan) 245
33 #99 Gael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 239
34 #55 Francis Furheart Sr. (The Ferret Lands) 237
35 #64 Travis Barkley (Newmanistan) 222
36 #63 Kevin Daniels (Newmanistan) 219
37 #71 Mael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) 218
38 #70 Larry Toothworth (Greythorne) 206
39 #76 Kevin von Pressman (Greythorne) 203
40 #56 Francis Furheart Jr. (The Ferret Lands) 201
41 #59 Zachary Cornell (Newmanistan) 199
42 #21 Omar Brady (One Jamaica) 154
43 #16 Tucker Capps (Xanneria) *Q* 154
44 #79 Dinggu Wang (The Sherpa Empire) 148
45 #00 Sage Caldwell (Saint Kanye) 146
46 #8 Jennifer Jane (One Jamaica) 143
47 #19 Philip West (Saint Kanye) 134
48 #32 Andrew Holden (Lisander) *Q* 123
49 #20 Shane Wray (Central Shanesville) 115
50 #28 Cocoabo #28 (Tropicorp) 112
51 #16 Tom Bombelli (Xanneria) *Q* 103
52 #77 iBen Toralmintii (Vilita & Turori) 81
53 #94 Yael Erwann (Brittany Normandy Aquitaine) *Q* 77
54 #91 David Land (Central Shanesville) 69
55 #34 Warren Pawstone (The Ferret Lands) *Q* 64
56 #30 Lexi Patterson (Hampton Island) 44
57 #17 Tyler Abbott (Cassadaigua) 31
58 #98 Adam Poboski (Greythorne) *Q* 22
59 #01 Karli Schmitt (Vangaziland) 21
60 #07 Vijay Tripathi (The Sherpa Empire) 15
61 #15 Roy Capps (Xanneria) 14
62 #26 Mor Holstein (Lisander) 13
63 #15 Jeff Shreeves (Xanneria) 9
64 #49 Melvin Andrew (One Jamaica) 2
Last edited by Newmanistan on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

NSSCRA 7 - Vilaye Championship 4 Cans & Pole Winner Wrap Up

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:10 pm

Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award Winners - NSSCRA 7

1:: (3) - #3 Skip Stiller
-:: (3) - #27 Stacie Houston
3:: (3*) - #14 River 'Shark' Suzgar II
4:: (2) - #75 Floyd Hackerbee
-:: (2) - #18 Jeremiah Brooke
-:: (2) - #46 Thea Alvarez
-:: (2) - #50 Ellie Lindskog
8:: (1) - #4 Meghan Sharpe
-:: (1) - #22 Kevin Cosgrove
-:: (1) - #25 Kev Schorebrooke
-:: (1) - #44 Kai Qiang
-:: (1) - #75 Jessica Franssen
-:: (1) - #88 Liangmei Li
-:: (1) - #90 Tsering Chu

Over the course of the 23 Race NSSCRA season fourteen different drivers in thirteen different cars were able to claim the Pole Position including five points races and one exhibition event (denoted by an asterisk) prior to Vilaye Energy Drink officially coming on board as the official Pole Award sponsor for the NSSCRA. Just one of those drivers represented Vilita and Turori Motorsports - former NSSCRA Champion River 'Shark' Suzgar II and just one of those drivers was able to follow up their pole position with a race victory in the same event - #3 Skip Stiller of Glorious Free Republic Motorsports who accomplished the feat at the Dealmaker Valley Battleground in Greythrone. Stiller, along with #27 Stacie Houston the NSSCRA 7 points champion by virtue of her victory in the Proving Grounds 500 each won 3 pole positions throughout the season with two coming after Vilaye Energy Drink began as the official Pole Award Sponsor. Vannish Motors Racing led the way with four different drivers earning Pole Position throughout the season followed by a Trio of Sherpa and Glorious Free Republic drivers. Vilita and Turori and Hampton Island were the only teams to have earned a Pole Award through just one of their drivers with the Hampton Island team earning their pole award through #22 Kevin Cosgrove at their home event the Golden Bear 400.

ImageImageImage

Vilisorma Beverage Company officials have invested heavily in their partnership with the NSSCRA on multiple levels including sponsorship of Vilita and Turori Motorsports and its drivers, Race Sponsorship of the Vilaye Energy Drink 314, its sponsorship of the weekly Vilaye Energy Drink Pole Award and its cross-platform marketing including the special edition cans released throughout the NSSCRA Chase culminating in the "Tundra Falls Six-Pack" featuring the cans representing the four championship contenders, a special NSSCRA can featuring each of the chase races and drivers and a Proving Grounds 500 can depicting the Tundra Falls course. It is rumored that the Vilisorma Beverage Company has been looking to expand further its presence on the NSSCRA circuit and have been in discussion with the sanctioning body about the potential for hosting an 'All-Star' Like invitiational non-points event featuring all of the Vilaye Energy Drink pole award winners from the season as entrants. It is likely that any such event would not take place until after the conclusion of the NSSCRA off-season. Other potential rumors about the potential non-points event include admitting Championship Four drivers, Former Race winners and even having a shootout event prior to the main event where a set number of drivers could 'race their way in'.

ImageImageImage

The Vilisorma Beverage Company has also revealed that extra shipments of Vilaye were rushed to Cassadaigua in the wake of Stacie Houston's triumph in the Championship Finale as many of the drivers fans saw the special edition Tundra Falls Six-Pack as a unique collectable item to commemorate the event where Cassadaigua's Stacie Houston in the #27 Five Star Mobile car edged out Vilita and Turori Motorsports driver Yraaga Gilli'i in the #41Tropicorp Racing Supply Dart by just 0.002 seconds to win the NSSCRA 7 title in Newmanistan.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports