NATION

PASSWORD

World Lacrosse Championships 30- Everything (Final Posted)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:03 am

From the Zube Daily Times, the country's most popular left-leaning broadsheet newspaper.

Back with a bump: lacrosse team humbled on return to world stage
The Kytler Peninsulae 10-18 Seraxinbourgh: Julie Collingwood reports from Vengife

The Kytlerian return to international lacrosse ended in devastating fashion with a brutal 18-10 home defeat at the hands of Seraxinbourgh, the on-paper easiest opponent in their qualifying group - a result which has the potential to bring the entire Kytlerian sporting revival into question.

A capacity crowd of over 24,000 filled the Taa'kai Memorial Stadium for the first international sporting fixture on Kytlerian soil post-isolation, but they were to be left stunned and silenced by the visitors' whirlwind start, scoring five unanswered goals before the Kytlerians managed so much as a shot on target. With Jackson Long dominating the central midfield area and Eddie Eddleston providing a trustworthy outlet to his right, opportunities flowed freely for the Seraxinbourghians, for whom central attacker Cole Touray had a first-quarter hat-trick. Paul Hammond was looking like a particular vulnerability on the left side of defense, perhaps due to tweaking his ankle in warming up for this contest, but with Timothy Rutledge stubborn in keeping him on the field for far too long, chance after chance was created and taken by the Kytlerians. By the time Isaaka Lapaele's shot clipped the post on its way in, the cheers were almost ironic; it merely bought back the score to 5-1, and the Kytlerians would in fact get no closer than that again.

Such was the visitors' dominance, in fact, that the 18-10 scoreline actually flattered the Kytlerians: they trailed 11-4 at the end of the first half, and the relatively even second half was largely against reserve players. For a former world champion team, this was humiliation in extremis, and boos rang out around the same field that once played host to the greatest single team sport triumph in Kytlerian history, now host to one of its great humiliations.
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:19 am

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Lacrosse Lamentations (and Hungry for Handball!)
with Aisling Keane

Yeah, yeah, I know. The World Lacrosse Championships are back, and Abanhfleft are looking to lift their fourth title in this grand and historic competition, the competition where Abanhfleft finally got itself noticed in the multiverse sporting stage. Those were a good few years, weren't they? (Notwithstanding that one year when our team was knocked out right in the group stage, of course.) But things have slowed down on the lacrosse front these past few years, ever since the "Fearsome Threesome" of Menan Alrisheb, Fatima Alsambis, and Cecilia Cuvimi all decided to retire from international lacrosse all at the same time to pave the way for a new generation of lacrosse players to bring glory to the Democratic Republic. Look how well that turned out for us, eh? We've even gone so far as to add guy players into the team just to attempt to return to the glory days of the Fearsome Threesome. It should be noted though that Abanhfleft's best WLC performance post-Fearsome Threesome occurred when we still had an all-female team, in WLC 27, when we made it all the way to the semifinals, lost against Qasden, and then lost the third place playoff against the United States of Devonta. After that, we've exited at the Round of 16 in Banija (although it wasn't Banija themselves who did the knocking out, much as they would like to have done so) and the quarterfinals in Razenthuria (aka The Nation Now Known as Velestria). So maybe my claims that Fleftic lacrosse is on the way back to obscurity may have been way too premature. But we are most definitely out of the Golden Age of Lacrosse now. We are in the Silver Age, or maybe it should be the Bronze Age. Aw, crap. We didn't even win a bronze in this era. Aha! Iron Age of Fleftic Lacrosse! That's what I'm going to call it now! Gotta remember to patent it later so that I can earn royalties for every time someone else writes or even mentions "Iron Age of Fleftic Lacrosse". I'll earn millions!

And I'm sure you all may have noticed that I have mashed up my Hungry for Handball column with The Lacrosse Lamentations for today. And there is a perfectly good reason for that, I can assure you all. Remember the last Handball World Cup, the one that we hosted? The one where we also made it all the way to the final before we finally lost against Savojarna? Well, there was another Handball World Cup that happened after that, and it happened just a little bit more recently, and Abanhfleft didn't even make it out of the group stage! Yes, I know that this particular edition of the Handball World Cup had two group stages, and what I'm saying is that Abanhfleft didn't even make it out of the first group stage! I don't know about you, but in my honest opinion, a team that managed to make it all the way to the final of an international competition on home soil and then crashed and burned in the group stage (the first of two at that!) is not a good team. All right, I grant that the team may have been preoccupied with preparations for the Olympics but still, that's no reason for our team to perform like they did. And that opening day loss against Munnius, a country I haven't heard from or since, may have dealt a heavy blow to the team's confidence, but still... Losing to Munnius in the first place is inexcusable, not when this handball team is trying to keep interest in the sport high after that successful Handball World Cup hosting.

Okay, I finally got that off my chest. That felt good. Thank goodness. Now everyone can share in my misery. And after this I can get back to business with lamenting on the state of Fleftic lacrosse. But tonight there will not be much lamentation as Abanhfleft has won, and they have won big! 20-4 against Bjornoya (don't ask me to type those weird Os with slashes on them!) to be exact! Ha! Now this could be the start of a new age, or it could be just another false dawn! Who knows? I certainly don't! But it would be fun to find out, wouldn't it?
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:36 am

Welcome, welcome folks back to yet another nightly edition of the Ed Talk Radio Show, with you host Edward Sullivan. Tonight show Ed talks with Steve Gilde owner of the NPSL club Gemsbrook United and Jeroge Wassaik the leader of the Alluersian Independence movement. Before we begin I have to thank our sponsors for tonight's show:

Davidson's Department store, The expectations of each customer is our highest priority. The Federal Department of Transportation, building our nations road network one mile at a time.

Our First guest tonight is Steve Gilde who for the past ten years has been the sole majority owner of the NPSL's Gemsbrook United which in the leagues history is also the most successful. However in recent months he has urged his fellow owners and soccer fans alike that the organization that over sees all soccer in the country needs to be completely dissolved.

Ed: Welcome Steve to the show, how are you doing this evening?

Steve: Thanks for having me on, and i'm doing well.

Ed: So tells us why you think that not only should the NPSL be dissolved but also WG Soccer?

Steve: Look, I have for many years been at the for-front of the movement to scrap both the NPSL and WG Soccer as a whole. My main point for this is that soccer players who go pro in this country are at best in comparison to other regional players are at the same level as post high school in skill. WG Soccer has failed everyone in the country who has always wanted to go pro and play international. Since the formation of WG Soccer can you guess with out looking, how many West Guianan players have signed contracts for international clubs?

Ed: I would say maybe twenty or so.

Steve: Hmm..try eighteen fewer. Two. Only two West Guianans in the eighty year history of WG Soccer has ever signed professional contracts with international clubs. There are countries that haven't existed in ten years that still have more than we do. Soccer in this country is equal to secondary levels elsewhere and the current leadership we have hasn't a plan to develop the skills of our current players.

Ed: So say everything you wants happens and we get to start over, what would your plan be?

Steve" It wouldn't be only my plan but many others, first off we'd bring in mostly international coaches to help develop and improve upon players current skill set, then we'd try to bring in older international players for our clubs. However unlike the current setup, we'd have development leagues from youth all the way to semi-pro. The current set up of the NPSL is a hybrid league, we have those clubs playing at a professional level, and those playing at a lower skill level all in the same league. Instead of raising up the skill level of the smaller clubs, this is having the opposite effect of overall lowering the skill level from the more powerhouse clubs. Most club owners, while wanting to remain competitive also want to save the most on each player, so they drive out the higher skilled players in favor of the lower skilled, which in return leads to more retirements each year.

Ed: So what have you done that is different?

Steve: What at Gemsbrook United we do our best to retain our high skilled players, we do have higher pay outs...

Ed: How much do you pay out on average?

Steve: Well, right now our highest paid player is Danny Mikland who we just inked a eight million dollar contract for three years, yes in other countries this is very small, but here this is one of the largest payouts since Don hummel and his fifteen million dollar contract with FC United. On average each season we payout though about thirty million, this is for everyone combined from the Manager to our ushers.

Ed: Now a few nights ago we had Bashir Al-Vish on here who is the manager for the national lacrosse team, and I asked him if the NPSL would survive in its current state, and he gave us a detailed reason why it wouldn't do you agree with him?

Steve: I listened to that show and I do agree with him what he said. For far too long the NPSL relied on government subsidies and the clubs who turn profits in order to survive. I will disagree with him that soccer is only a regional sport in the country, I've been to Willington and the villages in the Calia Alps and they enjoy soccer as well as anyone living in St. Johns or Gemsbrook. The size of the league I do agree with also, again back to my earlier points about skill level of players, instead of the massive super league we had following season nine, we should have no more than thirty to thirty-five teams in four divisions. We keep the promotion and regulation system, but initate a playoff system.

Ed: The playoff system I understand is for clubs who are playing for either staying in a higher division to avoid being knocked down, while in the lower division they play for a chance to move up?

Steve: Yes, instead of two clubs being promoted or regulated automatically, the top and bottom club will be promoted or regulated, however the next two clubs in either situation will have to play a match to either stay in the division or lose and be regulated, while the opposite is true for the club promotion playoff. Using this method will make the competitiveness of the league increase and give something for fans of the bottom clubs something to cheer for even though their club didn't too well.

Ed: Before I let you go, how will this new league earn income?

Steve: The leagues income will come from the primary source, sponsorships, merchandise and ticket sales, these alone we have figured would even low balling, would bring in each season around sixty to sixty-five million each season, and we wouldn't do a profit sharing, each club keeps what they bring in.

Ed: Well Steve you have laid out a plan for both the league and a future national team that does seem it would make West Guiana more competitive in the future, thanks for coming on.

Ed: Welcome back, thanks for tuning in or staying tuned in. My next guest tonight is Jeroge Wassaik of the Alluersian Independence Movement, Jeorge thanks for agreeing to come on and talk with us.

Jeorge: You are welcome.

Ed: Now as you and anyone in this country knows that the talk of a separate Alluersian state is always controversial, so I will do my best not ask certain questions.

Jeorge: There should be nothing controversial about talking about how my people deserve their own country, we have been for far too long been marginalized. We are looked down upon and spat upon, we have been abandoned by our ancestral home country and not wanted in our current one.

Ed: The government of Legalese never recognized your claim that you deserved to be part of their country, nor did they ever recognize the independence of the former state of Southern Legalese, however we do know that many from that region immigrated to Legalese during the economic downturn.

Jeogre: There were many in that legalese that supported us and help us in our goal, it was De'Cader who unjustly sent in the military to once again quash our dreams. We did nothing wrong in our proclamation. I know you'll bring up the 1984 treaty, but I want you to know that under clause nine, it says after thirty years the treaty is to be re-aopted or amended by both parties. That was in 2014, twenty years ago and those in Gemsbrook have time and time again refused to amend it to allow us our freedom. I am here to tell you and your viewers, that we have taken the necessary steps in federal court to challenge the governments legal controls over Alluersia. If the court rules in our favor we will imminently declare our legal independence and take our complaint to the world. If De'Cader is smart he'd stay out if he doesn't want a full scale military conflict.

Ed: What if the court rules against you?

Jeorge: We will go ahead either way with our proclamation and ask the international community for help against De'Caders execution squads, at this I hang up...

Ed: Jeorge are you still there.........Uh well I guess this ends tonights show and lets hope that De'Cader is making the right moves and also those in Alluersia.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:59 pm

LAX Report

Royals Fire On All Twelve Cylinders

Vannish lacrosse had once been based around two players. Jake Carrs was the team's former captain. Not only did he have a silky handle with the ball and a passer's instinct. His shot was accurate and tricky. Tony Tute had been the top attackman in previous seasons. He specialized in playing behind the net. He was large enough to play center attack like a basketball big man. He used his body and rugged durability to push off defenders.

Both players, as well as many of those around them, had left international play. A new generation of Vannish offense stepped up for match one against Monsa. It was hosted in Vangaziland, home of a newly fired editor who ran a story based on an inaccurate report. It appeared the Vannish delegation once approached planners in Cassadaigua about hosting the first Vannish match in Concord Heights.

The editor assumed that of course, such a statement game simply had to be allowed the right to occur. He failed to double check and ran an inaccurate story. He had even interviewed players on an incorrect premise, confusing the athletes before their first match. He was let go from the journal on the following day.

Those events meant little to the Royals who took the home game as a chance to showcase team chemistry. Defense had to be mentioned for their effort. The Royals are known as a highly offense-catered team. Despite this, Vannish D has been known to step up with big performances.

They would allow 5 goals from Monsa. This came from good communication between the keeper and defenders. Peter Strom had previously spoken about wanting to open with a personal strong performance. He had a big night in goal with 12 saves. Monsa was getting off shots, they just weren't good ones. Many were accurate, but not tricky enough to trouble one of the best keepers in the multiverse.

Defenders like Mike Swythe kept pressure on their attackmen with crunching tackles. Strom provided some great clearances from goal. He even managed an assist when a rocket of a pass hit Theo Scandrix crossing midfield.

Scandrix only ran a few steps before leaping forward with a buzzer beating longshot. The far attempt bounced off the ground and skipped just high enough to confuse the keeper. It was a tricky shot scored by luck's help. Strom raised his stick and cheered as the shot tallied before the end of the first half.

Tute and Carrs were not missed on offense. Two players stepped up to lead from the attack position. Midfielders were largely facilitators in the evening's game. Scott McLaughlin, son of Celtic migrants, had the statement performance for the Royals. His control with the ball was incredible. He brought a cradle that kept a rock solid grip on the ball.

The two hundred pounder is also a stable firing platform capable of absorbing a hit. His shot is strong and dangerously accurate. To make matters worse, McLaughlin has refined the art of a spinning shot. He looked like a whirling top on the pitch. While standing on the side of the crease, he'd catch passes while turning to launch a shot. His speed and timing were almost mechanical.

Sometimes he would be leveled by a hard hitting Monsa defenseman. He still got the shot off before the hit. Three of his goals came with Scott knocked to the ground. His result was the best performance by a Vannish attackman in WLC play. He scored 8 goals and had 3 assists. He connected with captain Theo Scandrix for two assists. The new leader at midfield played well off McLaughlin's movement.

By halftime, Vannish lacrosse was wide awake. They weren't just playing a sport. They were innovators. They looked to establish the tempo of the entire league.

Scandrix would finish with 4 goals and 3 assists. It was a strong game from the young veteran. "Everyone is saying this is my team now", Scandrix said after the game. "We may be a new generation of Vannish lacrosse. We're still the Empire's team. Nothing will change. We must improve on a strong past."

McLaughlin was not the only bright spot in the attack position. Lizzie Borhanson brings a tricky style which throws defenders in a tizzy. She is active, constantly running and cutting. This can sometimes cause defenders to switch. If they do stick on man (or woman) coverage, they end up outside of prime defensive spots.

This can lead to a switch where midfielders stand where long sticks should be. This helped McLaughlin in double team scenarios. Borhanson liked playing farther from the net so the defenders were less likely to stick her as closely. Many times midfielders switched to guard her. Now she had to worry less about longer defensive stick checks. If Scott was a wolf, Lizzie was a fox. They both feasted together, with a pitch full of midfielders setting screens and throwing feints.

She sniped 4 distant goals from decent range. Many times she turned off a pivot, sometimes helped by screens. She would turn and shoot from range as soon as she saw space. Scandrix was at the hand of it all. He looked very much like legend Jake Carrs.

Scandrix had to monitor each scoring weapon. Sometimes he would see Scott running up from behind the net. He knew Scott was good for a twist and shoot, he just had to pass low enough for Scott's short arms. He had seen many passes sail over his head. He had to keep an eye on Lizzie as she darted across the field. As soon as her defender ran into a pick, he'd rocket the pass. Scandrix also watched his own defenders to take care of any space he could use fire shots.

Vangaziland's offense was usually spread among a wider range of players. It seemed easier for a handful of stars to exploit less experienced defenders tonight. Such individual performances might not occur against some of the more established teams in the series.

The point was made. Vannish lacrosse wasn't out to just win games. The Royals would put on a show. A term from Vannish lacrosse was arriving internationally. Vannish lacrosse was referred to as 'Showtime LAX'. Many fans joked that Scott, Lizze and Theo were 'bringing back Showtime'.

"Showtime never left", Scandrix said in his post match interview.

Another term had been going around imperial sports media for some time. They referred to this decade as 'The Vannish Era'. The term was first used around championships in multiple motorsports leagues. These results were mixed between tournaments which saw a basketball championship, two Imperial nations in back to back lacrosse titles, a sweep in MMA and boxing tournaments and various other favorable results. Teams in other leagues were constantly gathering rankings and building into talented programs.

This was believed to be near the start of the Vannish Era. It was believed Vannish success could become a real problem for the international sporting world if every sport ended up similar to basketball and lacrosse. Vannish effort can be sweltering at times, beinging a heat that every nation is not built for.

"This was a solid warm up", said Lizzie Borhanson. "Our sights are set higher. We need to keep firing on all cylinders. We've got some pesky teams in the group" the curly red-haired attackman said with a twisted smirk.

Wilhelmina Stenbeck had a big night which saw her play the entire second half. She looked comfortable keeping up on defense. She had several large tackles and even won 2 ground balls. She completed one clearance pass. The 6'4 lady also launched several hard hitting tackles. One of them popped the ball right out of the stick, stopping the opponent's cradle from the force of the impact.

"We're pro level, baby", Stenbeck said about the hit.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Fillies Take Win in Return,
By Rachel Nelson, Concord Heights Times

The stadium in Concord Heights was sold out. This was in fact, known about 45 minutes after tickets went on sale in the first place. For some reason, Cassadaigua has waited too long to return to the World Lacrosse Championships. Captain Katie Stewart harbors no ill feelings about that though. “This competition is not contested often enough,” She said in a pre-game interview, “I would have loved to have done this several times already, but the international demand for lacrosse is not as strong as it is with other sports. I don’t want to put those sports down, because I enjoy watching them too, but our game should be right up there with them.” Stewart also mentions the desire to win this title as the next biggest competition that we have never won. “This is the competition that we have competed in the most that we have never won a championship in. We are coming back this year with authority, and have our eyes set on getting that. Will it happen in this one? Well, that will be tough, but we envision getting to the top.” Teammate Lauren Schmitt agrees, “I was so happy when we were drawn into the same group as Vangaziland. I was praying for either Vangaziland or Cosumar, and we got the Vannish, so I am elated about that.” If you think Schmitt is crazy, she explains, “We’re not going to prove anything by beating other unranked teams. We only prove ourselves by going up against a team like Vangaziland and battling them hard, and giving them a true fight.” Schmitt went on to say that while the team will do all they can to beat a nation like Vangaziland, they know that a solid effort against them will grab that attention of the rest of the world.

The Dagans got their feet wet here at home against the unranked nation of Xabia, and won by the score of 10-8. That scoreline might make some hesitate to say we impressed anyone, but coach Michelle Carter says it is just a first step. “First game back at the level, it was fun. To a point, I think we tried to do a little too much early in this game, and we could have put Xabia away in the first half, but when we were up 4-0 at the start, I think we started trying to get a little too cute, and we let them back in it.” The Dagans got quick goals by Schmitt and Alyssa Mobley to fire up the crowd, then Jessica Crockett added a pair to make it 4-0 early in the contest. Then, some unforced errors saw the team get a little sloppy, and ultimately, Xabia got to within 4-3. Each team got one more goal by halftime, making it 5-4 Cassadaigua at halftime.

The second half was 5-4, Cassadaigua as well, leading to the eventual 10-8 result. Like in the first half, the Fillies were good at the start, jumping out to an 8-4, then 9-5 lead. During that stretch, it seemed as though they listed to coach Carter’s insistence on keeping it simple again, but then got sloppy, letting Xabia back in. “The silver lining in that is that we never let them all the way back,” Carter said, “We played well. Flawed, but well. You can learn from your mistakes in a game like this, so we’ll move on.”

Cassadaigua travels to Northwest Kalactin, the 17th ranked team in the world, but has been entirely silent so far with providing info about their team. They lost on the road in their opener to Velestia, 12-6.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Cheergirls
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheergirls » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:11 pm

(Following the win over St Saratoga, this conversation is private and not public knowledge)

Kenzie Oliver: Oh my God, I can’t believe we beat one of the best teams in the world.

Chelsea Moore: Great job, Kenzie. You know, I think they were a little surprised by our ability. They made the mistake to take us too lightly.

Tara Snyderman: Not to mention, Courtney is a kickass goalie.

Courtney Barnett: Thank you.

Kenzie Oliver: Oh my, Courtney, really that one guy was getting soooo pissed. He could not believe that he could not score on you.

Chelsea Moore: Yeah that one guy that they expect to be their leading scorer. It’s like he just thought he would get a bunch of goals again you.

Tara Snyderman: What was his name again?

Courtney Barnett: Thanks! Not sure what his name was actually, they did not provide a roster.

Chelsea Moore: That has something to do with why they stunk too, probably. Such a good team, evidently, but not giving anyone a roster.

Kenzie Oliver: My job is so easy when our awesome goalie is in their shooters heads. I am glad you are on our side, Courtney.

Courtney Barnett: Thanks, when you see a guy getting frustrated at your saves, you know you are owning him.

Kenzie Oliver: Then when we went up 4-1 their fans were getting so pissed.

Tara Snyderman: Loved that! Loved how their fans were beating their own players. It’s like how the hell could they be losing to us.

Courtney Barnett: That was really frustrating their players too. You guys did a great job spotting me with the lead. Once it was 7-2 at half time, you know this game was ours.

Chelsea Moore: Those were the most awesome boos I ever heard when we went for halftime. I wanted to laugh so bad but I controlled it.

Kenzie Oliver: Yeah, me too.

Chelsea Moore: Then it was like 10-4 and they all started going home.

Courtney Barnett: Yeah, that was pretty cool to see that.

Tara Snyderman: I wonder what the rest of the world thought about our win?

Kenzie Oliver: We’ll see. We’re not just gonna show up in this tournament. I’d love to make it to Cassadaigua.

Tara Snyderman: Playing there would be so awesome. But don’t get ahead of ourselves.

Chelsea Moore: Exactly. Next opponent is all that matters. But first, let’s enjoy this bye!

Courtney Barnett: A bye already is weird, but hey, then we are at home against Clunka Clonka.
*\o/* Cheerleading obsessed puppet of Cassadaigua *\o/*

(No IC connection between the two)

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:37 pm

Group 1
Clonka Magnus 6–18 St Saratoga
United Celtic Peoples 4–15 Wrexwic
Sarzonia 18–9 Alpine Union

Group 1 Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Wrexwic 2 2 0 31 8 +23 6
2 Sarzonia 1 1 0 18 9 +9 3
3 St Saratoga 2 1 1 24 17 +7 3
4 Cheergirls 1 1 0 11 6 +5 3
5 Alpine Union 2 1 1 20 23 −3 3
6 United Celtic Peoples 2 0 2 9 26 −17 0
7 Clonka Magnus 2 0 2 10 34 −24 0

Group 2
West Phoenicia 9–19 Cosumar
Seraxinbourgh 8–17 New West Guiana
Qingland 9–13 The Kytler Peninsulae

Group 2 Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cosumar 2 2 0 35 22 +13 6
2 New West Guiana 2 2 0 29 17 +12 6
3 Seraxinbourgh 2 1 1 26 27 −1 3
4 The Kytler Peninsulae 2 1 1 23 27 −4 3
5 Lochario 1 0 1 13 16 −3 0
6 Qingland 1 0 1 9 13 −4 0
7 West Phoenicia 2 0 2 18 31 −13 0

Group 3
Xabia 4–20 Vangaziland
Northwest Kalactin 6–11 Cassadaigua
Banija 17–9 Velestria

Group 3 Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Vangaziland 2 2 0 36 9 +27 6
2 Cassadaigua 2 2 0 21 14 +7 6
3 Banija 1 1 0 17 9 +8 3
4 Velestria 2 1 1 21 23 −2 3
5 Northwest Kalactin 2 0 2 12 23 −11 0
6 Monsa 1 0 1 5 16 −11 0
7 Xabia 2 0 2 12 30 −18 0

Group 4
Libonesia 13–9 Baker Park
Bjornoya Republic 7–17 Qasden
Iquikukut 5–5 Abanhfleft (6–8 OT)

Group 4 Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Qasden 2 2 0 30 12 +18 6
2 Abanhfleft 2 2 0 28 10 +18 6
3 Baker Park 2 1 1 24 21 +3 3
4 Libonesia 2 1 1 18 22 −4 3
5 Iquikukut 1 0 1 6 8 −2 0
6 Juvencus 1 0 1 8 15 −7 0
7 Bjornoya Republic 2 0 2 11 37 −26 0
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:21 am

Crockett Paces Dagans,
by Rachel Nelson, Concord Heights Times

Jessica Crockett has long dreamed of participating in the World Lacrosse Championships. At just 25 years of age, Jessica is just beginning to get into the prime of her career, and has proven herself to be the top goal-scoring threat in the country. She is tight-lipped about what makes her so successful. She does not possess the hardest shot in the country, and she is not one that is going to razzle-dazzle you to get goals. What Crockett does, is simply find the back of the net. Jessica credits this to her scouting of the goalkeeper, but when she does not know anything about them, it doesn’t seem to matter. “I know what most keepers typically do,” Crockett says, “So when a team like Northwest Kalactin does not provide a roster, or Xabia, it is not going to throw me off. It’s the same game wherever you play.” Crockett’s game against Xabia was average, and perhaps she was a little too excited to be playing at home.

In Northwest Kalactin, things were different. The opponent was on their heels all game long, as the Fillies jumped out to a 3-0 lead on three quick Jessica Crockett goals. The stadium was surprisingly not sold out, and soon the Kalactin side learned there was not really anything to special about where they were ranked heading into the tournament. Eventually, the scoring would get more spread out, but as the Fillies led 8-2 at halftime, this game was essentially. The score ballooned to 11-3 late in the second half before coach Carter put in the backups. Perhaps better play from them would have been nice as Kalactin picked up a few feel-good goals to make the score look a little better, 11-6.

The win puts Cassadaigua at 2-0, and tied with Vangaziland for the top spot. Banija is 1-0. A CALAX spokeswomen stated, “We’re going to continue to produce, and when I say produce, you know what I mean. Vangaziland will too, I’m sure. Banija should. This could become a three team runaway unless the others step up and produce as well.”
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheergirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheergirls » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:29 am

(On the bye day, this conversation is not public knowledge)

Tara Snyderman: That guy you pissed off, Courtney, on St Saratoga is making up for lost time today, it seems.

Courtney Barnett: Haha, yeah, good for him. If they can destroy Clonka Magnus then there’s no reason that we can’t.

Chelsea Moore: That can be a dangerous thought, though.

Courtney Barnett: Yeah I know, but you have to like our chances.

Tara Snyderman: You know, with St Saratoga in the books like that, our next couple games are against softer teams.

Kenzie Oliver: When we play Wrexwic, it might be a showdown.

Chelsea Moore: Sarzonia, though, what’s up with them? Weren’t they good?

Kenzie Oliver: Yeah, I guess, I don’t talk to my grandparents about sports though.

Courtney Barnett: Haha, they did the last one though. So all you needed to do is watch that one. You’d have to ask your grandparents about Cassadaigua.

Chelsea Moore: They aren’t in the group, doesn’t matter. Probably won’t play them.

Tara Snyderman: Getting there would be cool though. You hear what that CALAX chick said, if you are producing you might have success?

Kenzie Oliver: Yeah, producing is important. So far we are. Maybe the others will, eventually, too. Except Wrexwic, we know they will.

Courtney Barnett: It’s all about production! Not rank!

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:18 am

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Lacrosse Lamentations
with Aisling Keane

Abanhfleft goalkeeper Mary-Lou Covell writhes in pain after injuring herself in the World Lacrosse Championships game against Iquikukut. (Courtesy of Crescent News Network Sports Channel/Andros Tasasa)

Um, okay. Now that was a sight that no one should have had to see. That was just nasty. That was just bad. That was absolutely horrible. Urgh, I still feel my stomach doing flips every time I remember that freaking freak injury. God, no amount of brain bleach is gonna wash that out of my head...

Yeah, that's right, I'm talking about that horrendous injury that Mary-Lou Covell suffered against Iquikukut in the World Lacrosse Championships. Bet that got your stomach doing backflips when you remembered what just happened again, yeah? I didn't even know that it was possible for the human leg to bend that way and for the foot to move around like that. But yeah. That's enough describing now. Let's all move on, shall we?

So that means Mary-Lou is most definitely out of the tournament. Heck, she's most probably out for the better part of a whole year. That's tough, no matter how young or old you are. And she seemed to be doing well for both the national team and the Markovsky Tsars too before that. The Tsars have had a good season (although that title race is still very much up for grabs for anybody willing to take it), and this injury to their starting goalkeeper could very well end up doing a number on their postseason (if they make it that far).

So now the duty of defending the Fleftic goal falls upon Hannah Jurtanek. I have to say that while she has been getting consistently called up to the national team, she has also been criminally underutilized, especially seeing as she has done more than a good job of proving herself worthy of the mantle with the Mykorrigan Flyers. This tournament is going to be her biggest and best chance of proving herself to the national team that she deserves, if not the full-time starting spot, then at the very least a run out for one tournament. She's got at least two more games to do just that. Oh, and an off day to get to know the rest of the starting ten better. Chemistry building at its finest! Now if you will all excuse me, there are some Olympics that I have to catch up on...
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:13 pm

LAX Report
Royals Continue Hot Start

The offense was slightly more spread in Vangaziland's second WLC 30 match. It was more of a midfield dominant game as opposed to the previous attack heavy affair. One thing remained consistent. Newcomer Scott McLaughlin had another big performance. It now made former team planners almost look foolish that McLaughlin wasn't considered for previous teams.

The truth was that attack was starting to look thin without Tony Tutes return. Scott was previously kept off the team because his personality can be haughty and abrasive. He knows he's good at lacrosse and lets his teammate know it. He picked up the bad reputation by fighting a teammate in a collegiate all star game.

It seemed Scott couldn't let a regular season rivalry go. The incident was years ago, but has marred the attackman ever since. Scott has been going out of his way to show he's changed. He took the team out for drinks after the win against Monsa. He was seen dancing with local fans at a nightclub alongside his teammates.

His on field presence could never be denied. McLaughlin was just a quick, stocky weapon that many defenses had trouble with. His handle was as slippery as his off-ball movement. Scott scored his first goal of the day when popping up from behind the goal. His defender had been trying to cut him off without chasing him behind the net. Scandrix passed to Borhanson then stepped up to set a screen.

Scott's short legs kicked hard to pump his large frame around the captain. Borhanson popped up a quick pass which Scott caught with a shooting motion. The result was a one touch shot which skipped between the keeper's legs.

Two drives later, Scott made himself part of a fast break. He'd been running near the top of the attack line. Taye James hit him with a long pass. Scott caught it over the shoulder. Two defenders stood in his way. He slowed a bit and twisted his body towards the first one. Although he was 5'6, his stocky frame was almost 200 lbs of muscle and gut. Short arms gave his cradle a tight form. He popped a shoulder into one defender, taking a hit and bouncing off it. Scott crossed and slightly feigned a pass with a head and shoulder fake.

The otter attackman kept cutting, still ready for a pass. The second defender had to cut off the obvious pass. An off balance Scott still had a shot. He had to toss his body far out of position, exaggerating the motion over his shoulder. The ball released with a spin that just barely let it clip the corner of the goal. It looked ugly because of the sticky angle the ball traveled and his body's fight against momentum.

The Royals surrounded Scott and beat him playfully on the helmet. He opened the game with back to back goals. This was following one of the strongest matches recently seen in international lacrosse.

Now the heat was really on Scott as the third, fourth and fifth possesions came and went. Scott began slinking behind the goal more often. He'd run from side to side. Once defense seemed to get used to this, he began sprinting from behind the net up diagonally to the top of the box. This started causing problems, especially with the amount of screens and passes this top tier team brought into the fray.

It eventually caused a slight bit of confusion. As several defenders tried to choose who was switching, Scandrix noticed. A rocket of a bullet pass cut through the line. Of course Scott was ready. He caught the ball with an almost arrogant body twist. He simultaneously cocked back in a way that seemed like he was putting more power than normal into his shot. His release was faster than the winding back motion, sending the ball ahead with an intense velocity.

This shot banked low before quickly rising up into the corner. Scott was in trick shot mode as his team surrounded him once again. It was at this point when Scott and the attackmen in general became major distractions. Defenders became so aggressive at cutting off passes, that midfielders had extra time to shoot.

McLaughlin would finish with 6 goals. He also pulled 3 assists. Two of these came to fellow attackman Lizzie Borhanson. One pass was a flea flicker tossed with enough speed and height for Liz to pull down into a one touch shot. Borhanson managed a 3 goal hat trick from center attack. She had a big game in the fight for ground balls. It is one advantage of her 5'7 height, alongside the 5'6 McLaughlin. Winning ground balls gave the Vannish offense second chances.

Scandrix had a major hand on the ball. He appeared cut from a Jake Carrs mold, though he had less minutes holding the ball. He favored more passing and movement, as opposed to some of Carrs set pieces. Scandrix had a strong game with 4 goals and 3 assists. He has always been a shooter. Only recently has he gotten used to the role of field general.

"Carrs has given me lots of advice over the past year", said Scandrix. Theo trains with Jake Carrs and a few other players during a summer development camp. "He shows us a different way to look at a field."

Rico Wikström and Taye James each added two goals. James earned his goals off two speedy fast break runs. Rico is a stealthy, sneaky hunter who uses guile to slip out of his defender's eye. Scandrix is always watching, seeming to notice exactly when Rico slips out of contact.

Stella Dahl and Stevie Williams each added lone goals from midfield reserve spots. Left-hander Samuel Perry scored a goal while giving Scott McLaughlin rest on the bench.

"These two early games were nice because they helped us establish our offense", said Larry Hootsen. "We'll be even better prepared to play some of the tougher teams in the group now."

The Vangazi will soon play nations like Northwest Kalactin and Cassadaigua. Defense will also face tougher tests in these squads. Peter Strom had another big night in goal with 9 saves. The keeper looks tuned, each shot more about technique than reflex. He appears to be more fit than in previous seasons. A nagging injury was diagnosed and fixed during the offseason of his last domestic competition. It has resulted in more shoulder mobility.

"I look forward to playing some of these tough teams", said Strom. "We need to make a name for ourselves, just as much as any underdog does."

Defense managed another solid game, fighting to help Vangaziland win the battle of possesion. Players like Mike Swythe kept pressure on their attackmen. A low balanced shoulder tackle saw Swythe stop a play with a big hit. The effort of the back three kept shot attempts lowered than the Royals were allowed. Once again, an offense heavy team looked strong defensively due to the effort of a few major players.

Vannish lacrosse contiuned to excite fans and rivals alike. The victory gave the Royals the highest goal differential, with Wrexwic close behind. The green & gold Wasps had Vangaziland in their sights. It had to feel like several teams were ready to clash with Vangaziland.

Scott, Scandrix and Peter Strom seemed to beckon the multiverse's best. The Royals look to establish their hold as the apex hunter of the World Lacrosse Championships.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:30 pm

WLC continues, BP look to improve
by Paul Vickers
The Daily Mail Staff Writer

Reporting from Kellerville:

After two matches in the 30th World Lacrosse Championship, the Commonwealth National Team look for more consistent performance as they host Bjornoya Islands at Princess Helena Park here. Following an opening day 15-8 victory over Juvencus, the latest match in Libonesia--a 13-9 defeat--was a disappointment, according to Head Coach Brittaney Franklin.

"Those matches are the kind we can't afford to let up in our intensity and focus. We have two of the top 5 teams in the multiverse in our group, so we can't be dropping points by losing to the other 4."

The format for this edition of the WLC is different than the one Baker Park went through in their maiden appearance, as the group stage matches will be held in the competing nations and on a home & away double round robin basis. The last match of each half of group play will be against the side that BP faced off against in their final pool match in the previous tournament, and again in the knockout playoff match immediately following, third ranked Qasden. Franklin hopes that it will be a chance to demonstrate the progress made by her women from their inauspicious exit in Banija.

"We played the best game in the tourney against them in the group match, and then played about as poorly as was possible in the rematch. I think our real level of achievement fell somewhere in between those two games, and I'd like to see if we have made progress compared to their stature and ability. We'll get two shots at seeing how we stack up, which I think is exciting."

Following the conclusion of the group matches, the top 3 teams in each of the 4 pools will advance to the final knockout stage in Cassadaigua, a prospect Franklin points to as a welcome challenge. "We would definitely look forward to taking our all-woman team to a nation where women are the dominant gender, especially seeing as we are one of only three female squads in the competition."
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Group 1
Wrexwic 12–5 Sarzonia
St Saratoga 15–14 United Celtic Peoples
Cheergirls 11–9 Clonka Magnus

1 Wrexwic 3 3 0 43 13 +30 9
2 St Saratoga 3 2 1 39 31 +8 6
3 Cheergirls 2 2 0 22 15 +7 6
4 Sarzonia 2 1 1 23 21 +2 3
5 Alpine Union 2 1 1 20 23 −3 3
6 United Celtic Peoples 3 0 3 23 41 −18 0
7 Clonka Magnus 3 0 3 19 45 −26 0

Group 2
New West Guiana 18–9 Qingland
Cosumar 16–5 Seraxinbourgh
Lochario 7–9 West Phoenicia

1 Cosumar 3 3 0 51 27 +24 9
2 New West Guiana 3 3 0 47 26 +21 9
3 The Kytler Peninsulae 2 1 1 23 27 −4 3
4 West Phoenicia 3 1 2 27 38 −11 3
5 Seraxinbourgh 3 1 2 31 43 −12 3
6 Lochario 2 0 2 20 25 −5 0
7 Qingland 2 0 2 18 31 −13 0

Group 3
Cassadaigua 12–9 Banija
Vangaziland 19–9 Northwest Kalactin
Monsa 9–10 Xabia

1 Vangaziland 3 3 0 55 18 +37 9
2 Cassadaigua 3 3 0 33 23 +10 9
3 Banija 2 1 1 26 21 +5 3
4 Velestria 2 1 1 21 23 −2 3
5 Xabia 3 1 2 22 39 −17 3
6 Monsa 2 0 2 14 26 −12 0
7 Northwest Kalactin 3 0 3 21 42 −21 0

Group 4
Qasden 16–4 Iquikukut
Baker Park 7–5 Bjornoya Republic
Juvencus 8–8 Libonesia (10–9 OT)

1 Qasden 3 3 0 46 16 +30 9
2 Abanhfleft 2 2 0 28 10 +18 6
3 Baker Park 3 2 1 31 26 +5 6
4 Libonesia 3 1 2 27 32 −5 3
5 Juvencus 2 1 1 18 24 −6 3
6 Iquikukut 2 0 2 10 24 −14 0
7 Bjornoya Republic 3 0 3 16 44 −28 0
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:19 am

Welcome, welcome folks back to yet another nightly edition of the Ed Talk Radio Show, with you host Edward Sullivan. Tonight show Ed talks with Senators Dave Peterson and Alexia Bass. Before we begin I have to thank our sponsors for tonight's show: 70th Avenue Music, 100 years of servicing your music needs and selling top brand instruments. Big Macs, serving West Guiana and Alantian Oceania with over 10,000 locations.

So as I knew having Jeroge Wilkson on a couple of nights ago would become controversial and it did, many in the main stream and on state tv networks have started to believe I allowed Mr. Wilkson free airtime with no limitations on what he could say. Let me say this right now, before a guest and myself come to an agreement to have a on call, I ask them to refrain from threatening to kill or seriously harm people. I do not believe he did any of that, but i will say I am among the vast majority of Guianans who strongly oppose the partition of Alluersia and that past Presidents of this country have done the right moves to enforce the 1984 treaty. So with out future ado, let me welcome our guests:

Ed: Welcome Senators.

Alexia: Thank you.

Dave: Thanks.

Ed: Obviously as you both know I got myself into a pickle by having Jeorge Wilkson on the air and most think that I allowed him free air time to spout off his ideas, but being fair to him I did look at the eighty-four treaty and the clause he mentioned does in fact state what he said. Do you believe the court will not only take up the case, but rule in favor?

Dave: As one of the most vocal opponents of Alluersian independence, I did feel to a extent that you may have allowed him to much room to talk about his plans nd to talk down to what our country has done and still does to help provide to that region. As for the court case, I don't believe they have a case, the treaty also states that should any signing party violate any of the clauses then article ten shall be rendered null and void, and the military action the then Southern Legalese front took several years ago directly violated the clause. Any action after the court rules against them should be taken as a direct act of aggression and thus a direct act of war.

Alexia: I haven't been as vocal as Senator Peterson towards Alluersian independence, as I do recognize that the people of Alluersia are ethnically and culturally different than the rest of the country, however I still maintain that the Alluersian government would be wise to maintain the current status quo. when we take a deeper look at the region, Alluersia as a whole economically would falter rather quickly as they have no means or resources to provide for the almost two million people that reside there. They have no natural resources to speak of and the soil is not has fertile to produce the needed food to provide for their people, nearly ninety percent of which they consume will have to be imported. Should they declare their independence it is a certainty that we would place embargoes on their..eh..region and I hate to say many in the country would be happy to see them either come begging on their knees or starve.

Ed: Hypothetical, say the court not only takes the case but rules in favor, and of course De'Cader appeals and the appeal is denied, what happens?

Alexia: I feel we would have very little choice but to recognize them as a free and independent country of their own, but we as a sovereign state of our own will have the right to place boarder fences and check points along the assumed boarder.

Dave: Before Senator Bass goes any further, I need to butt in, because this hypothetical question is dangerous to this country and dangerous to those who live in Alluersia, when we talk about them like this it gives the radical factions in Je'Kara also known as Legalese City fuel on their small fire. Let me remind you and your viwers of the countless terror attacks that these radicals of committed and have attempted on the people of this country....

Alexia: The question itself isn't dangerous Senator, but taking it out of context is, what you and your warmongering friends in the Federal Building want is obviously war and it doesn't matter with who. Our country has done just fine with staying neutral over the past half-century, the hostility that you show towards the Alluersian and Je'Karan people is what lights the fire under them. When we have gone in with peace and diplomacy at heart we have achieved great progress. When my father Alfred Calman was president, he managed to achieve the peace that we had for so many years, because he came in with respect and love and Adam Haggord and his council accepted the terms that my father and his cabinet brought with them.

Dave: Annd he's dead, and who did it?

Ed: Senator Peterson, please lets not tarnish the great legacy that President Calman left behind, and lets recognize the fact that the people who killed him were not from Alluersia and that they were a rouge militia of the Socialist Party, This show tries to give a balanced argument for each side but that is a fact. President Calman was a good man who loved his country and had he not been killed on election day all those years ago who know where we would be now.

Dave: I was not trying to tarnish his legacy, but General De'Love who was on of the conspirators in the election day bombing soon fled to a hide out in Alluersia and managed for many years several terror cells that terrorized West Guianans until Premier De'Cader ordered a special ops team to arrest him. Unfortunately he was killed and never brought to true justice and I do believe that you Senator Bass congratulated De'Cader and the special ops to to bringing you and your family a personal justice.

Alexia: I did send out that congratulations, because not only did he aid in the killing of my father but he also betrayed our country. However what you are now doing is trying to use my fathers death as a political talking point and justification to wage war against Alluersia. The majority of Alluersian want a peaceful solution to the stalemate that we find ourselves in and do not want to see any more military action take place.

Dave: We have tried doing it the peaceful process, and they have spat in our face, should they chose to take any action either way the court rules we must send a strong message that our military will be at the ready to take down their will again.

Ed: Thank you Senators for coming on tonight and I know that this show will be used during the morning shows and all day tomorrow.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:10 pm

LAX Report
Royals Boot NK Back To AO

The Vangaziland Royals faced their first ranked opponent in WLC 30. They looked to build on a two-game performance which saw them as the top seed after two games. They hoped to remain on top after clashing with the team from Atlantian Oceania. The Kalactainians flew to the Mainland to face a motivated team on a hot streak.

"Regional rivalries will definitely come into play", laughed Lizzie Borhanson before the game. The center attackman would go on to have the best game of the night for Vangaziland. The Royals offense looked similar to earlier games against unranked teams.

Borhanson seemed to simply be in the right place and time often enough. She secured several ground balls which she turned into shots. She would score 5 goals before the final whistle. Scott McLaughlin had a slow night with two goals. The big attackman looked winded at times and seemed a step too slow.

He was benched after a fast break pass sailed over his outstretched arms. Theo Scandrix managed a 3 goal hat trick to match 3 assists. Passing lanes were less open than in games one and two. This forced more short passes. The Royals also had to work harder to move off screens. For all of the extra effort NK challenged, Vangaziland eventually answered the call.

One pass saw Scandrix totally expose his body for an open hit, just to rocket a pass to Borhanson. She turned and shot with a diving jump with a full swing aimed in the upper left corner. It was the kind of play that even a more experienced team would have trouble dealing with. A top flight program like Cosumar would have likely found the counter, perhaps by not playing up close enough for her to pivot off of. Scandrix stayed down for a few moments after the hard hit.

The Royals had enough passing skill to send rockets back and forth between the attacking quarter. Taye James capitalized off the fast pace with 2 goals. He caught a floating lob of a pass close to the net to leap and bring down the goal. He took a nasty stick check on the play and had to sub out. He would return to the game a few minutes later.

Plucky reserve middie Stella Dahl managed 2 goals of her own. They were hard fought goals. The first came from an over the shoulder fast break pass from Scandrix. With perfect timing, she switched hands on the stick and fired a low bounce shot. There was nothing fancy about the move. It was still verty technical. It was the kind of shot that wouldn't make a collegiate coach toss his playbook upwards in distress.

Dahl simply had a great angle for a shot after a 2 pass chain reached her up and to the keeper's left. She stepped forward and hopped into her shot, sending the ball low through the net.

"I'm really impressed with Stella's fundamentals", said Coach Hootsen. "This team really does have quite a few options on offense. We're still evaluating some, like Ms. Dahl.... For example."

Defense had a tougher time against the team from AO. They looked a step slower than they had against the unranked teams. Strom also had a tougher time stopping more talented shooters. Tonight, shots pinged the side of the net or bounced high over his shoulder in some of the first trick shots levied against the Vangazi.

The Vannish goalkeeper laughed before his interview. A reporter questioned why he was only limited to six saves. "Nobody can ever say the Kalactainians can't shoot", he said with a warm smile. He was happy enough to laugh off the lack of personal cred since his team still won. If he would have given up 15 goals to NK, he would have never heard the end of it.

"There are some tough teams in the group", said defenseman Mike Swythe. "This was a nice chance to fine tune our line. If we can put up a strong performance against Banija or Cassadaigua, part of the reason will be lessons learned tonight."

The Vannish team was seen huddling around a TV to watch the conclusion of the Cassadaigua - Banija game. Viewscreens in the stadium also switched to the end of the other match. Vannish fans cheered when the Dagans took the lead. The Royals watching on their locker room TV began high fiving each other once the result was final. They figured Banija might make a tough match in a race for the lead.

They still knew Cassadaigua would be no cakewalk. "The Dagans have a hunger this season", saidkeeper Peter Strom. "They're the one team nobody can afford to underestimate. If they can beat Banija, they can draw victory against anybody."
Last edited by Vangaziland on Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:32 pm

Crockett’s Heroics Keep Dagans Perfect,
by Rachel Nelson, Concord Heights Times

This is going pretty good isn’t it? After the third game of qualifying for the right to play at least one playoff game at home, the Fillies have yet to lose. They have not played the biggest threat in the group yet, that being Vangaziland, but after topping Banija by the score of 12-9, you have to like how things are going. The team has not been blowing teams out of the water on the scoreboard, but they are getting wins. At home against Banija, it was pretty sweet.

Banija came into the match ranked 10th in the World, and after hosting the last WLC, with help from Velestria (or whatever it was called then), they were hopeful to build on that this time. They were not pleased with their performance in WLC 29, where according to a report, they failed to make it out of the group stage and dismantled just about everything in place. That should have been a motivator, but they are going to need even more then that now as the Fillies drop them to 1-1.

The Fillies and the Banijans traded the first six goals of the match, having it 3-3, before Banija pulled ahead at half time on a pair of Ensa Corr goals to make it 5-3 at the time, and 5-4 officially at break. Banija started to get control of the game early in the second half, pushing the advantage to 8-5 and looking like every bit of the 10th ranked team in the world. Cassadaigua was being outplayed up to that point, but after a stoppage in play, a passionate speech on the sidelines by Michelle Carter got the team going, and Jessica Crockett found her swagger. When Crockett gets in the zone, there is not much that is going to stop her, and within four minutes of play, Cassadaigua had scored five times, with four of the goals by Crockett. “There’s no explanation,” Jessica said after the game on how the switch suddenly seemed to turn on, “Maybe Banija started taking it easy, I don’t know, but I was not going to allow us to lose this game. There were some moments out there where I just knew I was going to beat the defense and score that goal.” That 8-5 deficit turned into a 10-8 advantage, and Banija was left scratching their heads a little bit. They got one back, but two more Cassadaigua tallies before the final whistle, coming from Lauren Schmitt and Samantha Poole resulted in the final advantage. The crowd gave an extended standing ovation to the team for the way they pulled out this match.

Coach Carter was asked if this could be a statement game, “Depends on the statement,” she said, “I think people know we’re coming out here to play, and we are going to produce. We didn’t decide to host this and not do anything further. We can play this game, and have never been concerned about our rank.”

3-0 Cassadaigua is at Velestria, the other co-host from the last WLC, and they have simply not been producing during this competition. Cassadaigua should be favored therefore, in the match. Next will be the bye, before the battle with Vangaziland. Ironically, that game is played in Cassadaigua (in Brattleboro) on the same day the big NSSCRA race is taking place in Vangaziland. Wonder if Stacie Houston and Kev Schorebrook will make a bet on the game before getting in their firesuits for the race?

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:33 pm

Group 1
United Celtic Peoples 13–9 Cheergirls
Sarzonia 14–9 St Saratoga
Alpine Union 12–9 Wrexwic

1 Wrexwic 4 3 1 52 25 +27 9
2 Sarzonia 3 2 1 37 30 +7 6
3 St Saratoga 4 2 2 48 45 +3 6
4 Cheergirls 3 2 1 31 28 +3 6
5 Alpine Union 3 2 1 32 32 0 6
6 United Celtic Peoples 4 1 3 36 50 −14 3
7 Clonka Magnus 3 0 3 19 45 −26 0

Group 2
Seraxinbourgh 5–11 Lochario
Qingland 9–12 Cosumar
The Kytler Peninsulae 1–10 New West Guiana

1 New West Guiana 4 4 0 57 27 +30 12
2 Cosumar 4 4 0 63 36 +27 12
3 Lochario 3 1 2 31 30 +1 3
4 West Phoenicia 3 1 2 27 38 −11 3
5 The Kytler Peninsulae 3 1 2 24 37 −13 3
6 Seraxinbourgh 4 1 3 36 54 −18 3
7 Qingland 3 0 3 27 43 −16 0

Group 3
Northwest Kalactin 12–9 Monsa
Banija 13–17 Vangaziland
Velestria 7–14 Cassadaigua

1 Vangaziland 4 4 0 72 31 +41 12
2 Cassadaigua 4 4 0 47 30 +17 12
3 Banija 3 1 2 39 38 +1 3
4 Velestria 3 1 2 28 37 −9 3
5 Xabia 3 1 2 22 39 −17 3
6 Northwest Kalactin 4 1 3 33 51 −18 3
7 Monsa 3 0 3 23 38 −15 0

Group 4
Bjornoya Republic 4–9 Juvencus
Iquikukut 7–18 Baker Park
Abanhfleft 15–7 Qasden

1 Abanhfleft 3 3 0 43 17 +26 9
2 Qasden 4 3 1 53 31 +22 9
3 Baker Park 4 3 1 49 33 +16 9
4 Juvencus 3 2 1 27 28 −1 6
5 Libonesia 3 1 2 27 32 −5 3
6 Iquikukut 3 0 3 17 42 −25 0
7 Bjornoya Republic 4 0 4 20 53 −33 0
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:18 am

This takes place immediately following Banija's Elimination from WLC 29

The head of Lacrosse Banija was in shock. Things were looking tight in group play going into the final round of matches- Banija being 1-2, struggling in the tournament on home soil. A tournament that used to be the source of pride and joy for so many Banijans, being hosted for the second straight edition on home soil, was now the source of immense frustration, both within and outside the normal lacrosse fanbase.

They had already suffered a frustrating WLC 28, the tournament hosted solely by the Banijans. After earning the #1 overall seed for the knockout stages that tournament, due to dominating group play, the men's lacrosse team had their sights set on something that they had never achieved- bringing home silverware in a sport that has long eluded the Banijans. Silverware is something that has eluded the Banijans in general, with none of their national teams ever earning the distinction of world champion in any sport. Of course, Banija's teams were competitive, particularly with their pair of universities winning 3 NSCF titles between them, but still- lacrosse was always supposed to be the sport where they first became world champions.

And with WLC 28 on home soil, and the national team rolling, behind a raucous base of support, they were the overwhelming favorites to advance. Then, of course, another terrible moment for this national team, a team filled with a history of frustrating moments, of almosts, of having the trophy in sight and in reach and yet, never obtaining their true goal- world champions. A stunning loss to a Juvencus squad that had a losing record ended those Banijan title hopes before they began. And then, Banija came out as hosts again for WLC 29. That was Banija's worst ever performance at the WLCs- their streak of 7 straight knockout stage appearances coming to an end, and on home soil, no less. Only added insult to injury that hated lacrosse rivals, Abanhfleft, won that group.

That is the scene that greeted many now, at this point. They had just seen the team make a complete embarassment of themselves, in front of Banijans and at home. How is a team with one of the world's best domestic professional lacrosse competitions, that had achieved such consistency at the highest level in this competition, get knocked out of the group stages on home soil'? That was what Isaiah Baro, the head of Lacrosse Banija, the sport's governing body in Banija, was thinking about. Banijan lacrosse fans were getting frustrated, and they were going to demand that head would roll.

"The results in the pair of WLCs that we've held on home soil are absolutely unacceptable." He started out saying. "As the co-chair of the WLC 29 Host Committee, of course, I am committed to maintaing all my roles in Lacrosse Banija through the end of the tournament, to ensure that the rest of the tournament functions as smoothly as possible. However, I understand the frustration from Banijan fans, and the demand that responsibility be taken. Banijans deserve a better performance than the one they saw in these group stages. We went to the final in our maiden appearance in the WLCs in WLC 21- why haven't we been back? These are the hard questions that must be asked.

There must be a new face. That is why, at the conclusion of this tournament, I will be resigning as the head of Lacrosse Banija, effective one week after the WLC 29 Final. We must have an open election- all the stakeholders in Banijan lacrosse must use their voice. We must find out what is wrong with our team, and fix it, so that we can go back to competing for championships. That is what Banijans demand, and that is what must be delivered." The shock announcement send waves through the Banijan sporting establishment- one by one, members of the Executive Board of Lacrosse Banija were offering their resignations. What was the path forward? What was the future? Only time would tell. This was known though- this would be the most open set of Executive elections that Lacrosse Banija has ever had. And that meant it would be quite a spectacle to follow...
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:52 am

LAX Report
Two Talented Offenses Face Off In Banija

Fundamentals would be key in a match against two talented sides. The game would be won or lost by simple match-ups in categories like ground balls, face-offs and pass accuracy. Both teams brought a shot heavy game that was in full effect. Match 4 between Vangaziland and Banija was a tough spot to be a defenseman.

Both offenses were designed to get shots on goal. Royals defenders would get a taste of their own medicine against an offense as aggressive as their own. This made for the toughest game of the tournament for the defensive unit. 6'6 Lars Swenson guarded Malamin Kairaba as Center Defender. He was kept busy in this role and was sometimes drawn from in front of the goal. The team played less zone defense against a more refined team.

The goal was to give the Banijans less room to shoot. Big Swenson had the most trouble keeping up with moving opponents. Stenbeck played her most minutes of the tournament subbing in for much of the second half. Stenbeck is 6'4, but much more trim in her stance. Her speed makes up for the raw hitting power Swenson totes.

One of the most exciting matches had to be Theo Scandrix on Hatabu Manneh. Manneh is listed as a center middie. Scandrix is listed in a right middie spot. Taye James usually uses his speed to give extra legs to the center mid during fast breaks. This time Scandrix switched to cement the battle between the two captains. "If this guy is the captain of Banija, he has to be good", said Scandrix after the game. "I saw it as a test".

This meant the two captains would square off for many important faceoffs. Scandrix won less faceoffs than Manneh, though the Royals won more faceoffs as a team. This did mean Scandrix often got more hits on his Banijan counterpart. The physical battle went back and forth.

Scandrix stepped into the role with full force. He led team scoring with 6 goals. He also connected 5 assists. It appeared Vangaziland had a replacement for Jake Carrs after all. Many analysts were worried that Scandrix would never have progressed this far. He seems familiar with the playbook, the flow on the pitch and each player's technique.

"it comes down to the way he sees the field", said Coach Hootsen. "We've talked about this. He's heard about this from Jake, Tony and some of the older vets. It's good to see he has the vision."

The game had a more hectic role, as the Banijan offense was wide awake. The score was Banija 12 - Vangaziland 11 coming out of the third. Vannish defense had to step up. Reef, Stenbeck and Swythe played longstick. Scandrix finally stepped up his defensive effort to slow his mark.

Stella Dahl had a late game score while subbing in at left middie. It was her second goal off the bench. This one seemed to really take some of the effort out of Banija. Time was running out and the score only increased the gap.

Strom had to sub out for the last quarter, letting Janet Reesedottir play important minutes. The starting keeper of the Dirktown Miners pulled 6 saves in limited minutes. It was a clutch performance to help Vangaziland take the close win.

Scott McLaughlin also had a big night on offense with 4 goals and 2 assists. One of his best plays was a give and go play between him and Scandrix. Theo passed to Scott, who stepped forward. Borhanson ran in to set a screen. Scandrix sprinted once his defender made contact. Scott saw it all and with a twist, fed a twisting pass to the captain. Scandrix caught the pass, leapt into it and released. The shot crossed the goal with a curve into the far side. There was a tricky backspin that may have thrown the keeper off.

The portly attackman showed he could dish as well as he shoots. Center attackman Liz Borhanson was held scoreless against tight defense from Bora Nyang. She soon tried to draw Nyang away from goal. Tight defense resulted in many situations where Lizzie passed out of tight coverage. She took a few hard tackles, but finished in stride.

Vangaziland took the close win, 17-13. The Royals celebrated against the backdrop of a disappointed Banijan crowd. The Royals wore their bright red uniforms, Banijans clad in black home jerseys. It was a win which really saw the Royals rally together. It took a team effort and a focus on basic lacrosse skills to win. Big games from Scandrix and McLaughlin helped. The Royals stand as the number one seed, along with the highest ranking offense. Vangaziland's defensive efficiency faced its toughest test against a talented aggressive team.

The Royals faced the #10 ranked team and continued sailing towards the postseason.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheergirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheergirls » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:48 am

(OOC: Vangaziland, I know your timelines for the Olympics and this are probably different, but I could not resist this RP idea after reading your Olympic RP).

Contents of this conversation are not public knowledge.

Chelsea Moore: Did you hear about Vangaziland?

Tara Snyderman: Yeah, they beat Banija. Probably don’t need to worry about them, though.

Courtney Barnett: They are a good team. Chances are we are not going to face them though. Scouting the other teams is enough a headache.

Chelsea Moore: No, not here. In the Olympics!

Kenzie Oliver: Not paying much attention to the Olympics. A bunch of sports I don’t care about.

Chelsea Moore: Cheerleading is a demonstration sport.

Kenzie Oliver: Really? Maybe I will watch that.

Tara Snyderman: Yeah, so what about Vangaziland?

Chelsea Moore: A couple of their cheerleaders got in trouble for pushing around some whiny brat that likes video games. Playing video games is an Olympic sport, too.

Courtney Barnett: How the hell is playing a video game a sport?

Kenzie Oliver: It isn’t. Now that’s a complete joke.

Tara Snyderman: How is it a sport when the randomness of the video game affects the outcome?

Chelsea Moore: I have no freakin’ clue.

Kenzie Oliver: Well whoever that whiny video game player is, he should just be grateful that he is among the presence of true athletes, like cheerleaders.

Courtney Barnett: Exactly, Tara. Whether someone is good at video game is dependent on what the video game decides to execute as an action to the gamers selections.

Tara Snyderman: Yeah, stupid.

Chelsea Moore: It was a small flyer that messed him up, too. I want her autograph!

Kenzie Oliver: Is there a video of it?

Chelsea Moore: Not that I know of. She did give a nice interview showing her professional side, though.

Kenzie Oliver: Darn it!

Chelsea Moore: Liz Marden, you’re my idol!

Courtney Barnett: Esports people don’t belong at the Olympics. Whatever he was dished out, he should be honored to have received it.

Tara Snyderman: Haha, now back to lacrosse!
Last edited by Cheergirls on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:50 am

Code: Select all
[u]RP Permissions[/u]
[b]Choose my goal scorers:[/b] Yes
[b]Godmod scoring events:[/b] NO
[b]RP injuries to my players:[/b] NO
[b]Godmod Injuries to my players:[/b] NO
[b]Suspend my players:[/b] NO
[b]Godmod suspension events[/b]: NO
[b]Godmod other events:[/b] No Godmoding allowed where I'm concerned, capisce?

Style: 0 (balanced between attack-minded and defensive)
Home grounds: Franz Braddock Stadium in Woodstock, capacity 35,000.
Please note: This team is renowned for its fair play. If you attack first, it will retaliate, but it will not initiate a fight.

OOC: I RP using real time in most of my RPs, so in Sarzonia, it’s only been about five months since the last World Lacrosse Championships.

Coach: Carter Whitlock (36 years old)
Sarzonia’s greatest lacrosse player and the first Sarzonian nominated for the Lacrosse Hall of Fame, Whitlock assumes the coaching reins from Mike Sandusky. An illustrious playing career that led to five World Lacrosse Championship titles and eight medals overall has Sarzonian lacrosse fans optimistic that Whitlock can recapture the magic from the sidelines he so often helped to create on the field.
Defensive Coordinator: Bill Harbour (35 years old)
A teammate of Whitlock’s, Harbour’s defence was critical for the Stars in their last WLC final, when they defeated Delaclava 14-8 in Licentiapacisterra nearly five years ago. He signed on as an assistant coach after his playing career came to an end.
Offensive Coordinator: Tyler Pawlenty (49 years old)
Pawlenty helped mold offenses in college, in particular Rypien State College during a four-year period when that school won three collegiate national titles. His teams emphasise possession and patience, often including multiple passes before taking the perfect shot.
Assistant Coach: George Tomlin (33 years old)
Tomlin recently retired as a faceoff specialist after a collegiate career that saw him win 78 percent of his faceoffs. During his professional career in Sarzonia, he won 69 percent of his faceoffs. He can coach multiple styles of faceoffs, taking into account multiple fogos.
Assistant Coach: Bradley Morse (52 years old)
Serves as goalie coach. He helped several Sarzonian World Lacrosse Championship winning teams with goalies in an informal capacity. Now, he's coming out of retirement to provide assistance as a paid full-time coach after Whitlock convinced him to do so.

Starting 10:
G: Marla Wynne - 5-foot-8, 145 pounds, 32 years old
D: Bruce Taylor - 6-foot-2, 205 pounds, 22 years old
D: Landon Bransen - 6-foot-1, 220 pounds, 24 years old
D: Joe Mueller - 6-foot-1, 215 pounds, 25 years old
LSM: Khalid al Batani - 6-foot-3, 185 pounds, 31 years old
M: Brad Conner - 6-feet, 190 pounds, 23 years old
M: Peyton Christianson - 6-foot-1, 195 pounds, 27 years old
A: Matt Archer - 5-foot-9, 215 pounds, 28 years old
A: Brett Hedrick - 6-foot-3, 210 pounds, 24 years old
A: Byron Dylan - 5-foot-8, 170 pounds, 28 years old
FO/GO: Jon Austin - 5-foot-10, 185 pounds, 29 years old
Last edited by Sarzonia on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 pm

Carter Whitlock's challenge with the Sarzonian national lacrosse team is completely different this time.

Last time out, he took a completely new team with zero experience into a world tournament. No one knew what to expect, not the Stars players assembled together for the first time, not the opponents, many of whom weren't around for the glory days of Sarzonian lacrosse. Not the fans, including one whom the team treated as one of them.

This time, the Stars walk in, not necessarily with the targets on their backs befitting a world championship, but they walk in with teams having a bead on what they do. They walk in with teams at least wary of a team that qualified for the second round in its first appearance in the World Lacrosse Championships after a lengthy absence. They walk in with expectations.

So far, the team has been equal to the task. They sport a 2-1 record after their 14-9 victory over St Saratoga with the only blemish coming against Group 1 leaders Wrexwic. Whitlock was suspended by tournament officials for one match for criticising the officiating following their 12-5 defeat to the group leaders. Whitlock was unrepentant following the suspension, telling one observer he needed to stand up for his players.

"They weren't calling jack shit out there [against Wrexwic]," Whitlock fumed, "but if we breathe funny on one of their guys, we get a player put in the box. It's fucking bullshit."

Offensive coordinator Tyler Pawlenty served as interim coach for the team's win against St Saratoga. The Stars were called for 19 fouls to 11 for St Saratoga. Pawlenty was nearly ejected for getting in the face of St Saratoga's biggest defensive player.

Those acts served to galvanise the Stars players and may very well fuel the team moving forward through the rest of the competition.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Wrexwic
Attaché

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wrexwic » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Wasp Watch
Wasps Scoff At Officiating Complaints

"Don't they know who they just played?" Defender Lamar Jameson spoke soon after comments from Carter Whitlock went public. "It's easy to blame the refs when the teams are close", said Jameson. "Our team has been to back to back Championship games though. We won the last one. And they think the refs had to hand US that game?"

The truth was that the Wasps did play a dirty style of lacrosse. Jameson was caught on tape scratching at the opposing attackman's elbow pads when the ref wasn't looking. Joe Lawrence was also seen tapping the head of his stick against his attackman's shoulder pads. The plays seemed to draw aggressive reactions which the referees may have noticed. Vannish defenders swore innocence the entire time, showing why Vannish movies never had a lack of talented actors.

"If the Sarzonians could control their temper, they wouldn't end up in the box." Lawrence's comments were seen as pure trolling, since he was fully aware of his incendiary actions on the field.

Wrexwic's offense brought a tough game that was frustrating in and of itself. Glover Webb had a big night at central attack. He was a big draw for the defense. He spent much of the game behind the net. He would occasionally sprint up to the top of the box. Sometimes he'd run wide out. Only on a few occasions was his defender met with a screen. This led to shots, as well as kept the defender earnest. Even when a pick didn't arrive, it felt like one could.

The Wasps saw themselves as a better team than the Vangazi. The Wrex built their team into the top 5 after only two seasons. Referees did not bring this success. Hard work and talented lacrosse players did. It was this same effort which saw the Wasps garner a rather effortless win over Sarzonia.

As time began to wind down, the Wasps began taking trick shots and making ill advised handle plays. Darrian Webb feigned as if he were spinning to pass to a sprinting middie. With luck on his side, he tossed a shot over his left shoulder. He disguised the winding back shot as the prep for a fake release. It looked as if he cocked back and passed the ball. There was nothing in his stick as he 'released'.

The ball fell low and skipped off the ground. It would have been tough to deal with based on the trajectory and backspin alone. It was one of the most ridiculous shots of the tournament in a series where players like Vangazi Scott McLaughlin could easily reach 6 goals off dives and cuts. With the casual attitude shown by the Wasps, it was easy to see why players like Whitlock may have been frustrated.

"We can't keep taking games for granted", said Glover Webb. The Wasps were upset by Alpine Union. AU has been building a strong program over the past few seasons. They stepped up to close down the late game. The Wrexish offense fell apart as the clock wound down. Glover Webb had chances, but his shots were saved. Glenn Agle had an open shot, but sent an off target effort which missed the goal completely. It was one of the ugliest blooper plays seen in Imperial lacrosse. It was a shot Agle would definitely want back.

Wrexwic is a team known for its tough defense. The team failed to step up against the Alpine Union. Part of this came to the battle at midfield. Wrexwic was also outdone in ground balls and faceoffs. The game exposed some of the Wasps' shortfalls.

"We can definitely tighten things up", said Deon McKnight. The center attackman spoke on criticism his team was facing for not taking the event seriously. "We just really enjoy the sport. Some of us colonials are wild. When we were young, we never could have imagined seeing Wrexwic on an international stage. Now our people are one of the top 5 lacrosse teams in the world." McKnight looked emotional as he turned away from the camera, looking up into the sky. "And if we play our cards right, we could reach the top."

"I look forward to facing Sarzonia again", said Defenseman Lamar Jameson. "They'll be out for blood. They can bring it. Goals. Penalties. We can play some lacrosse."

"I'm just glad to have a program capable of beating the Vannish", said Glenn Agle. "This means a lot to so many people in 'territories' or 'colonies'. Not only are we all Imperial. Not being from the Mainland doesn't mean we can't be just as successful."

The Royals and Wasps inch closer towards a potential clash. Both teams sit at the top of their groups. New West Guiana, Cosumar and Cassadaigua join the Imperials as undefeated teams. The Dagans were set to clash with the Vannish freight train sooner than the others. They bring a talented program fully capable of upsetting the Vangazi.

Cosumar still has more experience and skill on their side. New West Guiana, as well as several teams with blemished records are also capable opponents. With the halfway point of the season rapidly approaching, each team will look to cement their role in the postseason.
Last edited by Wrexwic on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rough Neighborhood & Scrappy Colony of the Vannish Empire

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:56 pm

How Good Is This Team, Really?
By Rachel Nelson, Concord Heights Times

As we head into Cassadaigua’s bye day, we see that the Fillies were 4-0, and one of five undefeated teams remaining in the tournament. When they come off the bye, we will see Vangaziland at Brattleboro Stadium, and thus the question in the title can really be answered. The Royals are also 4-0, and are winning by far greater scoring margins then we are. Let’s explore the possibilities.

Excessively Optimistic- Cassadaigua is a favorite to win the whole tournament. They came into the tournament as an unranked side, and are using that as motivation that will carry them through. There will be some good challengers along the way, but lacrosse is big in this nation, and that is showing now. Rank does not mean a whole lot except for is you are in the first group of five or ten. At the end of the day, you have to produce, and in a longer qualifying season, production will become absolutely critical and can even out the rank of even the best teams if they are not producing. The highly ranked teams that are producing are the biggest obstacles, and that’s it.

Excessively Pessimistic- Cassadaigua is simply off to a good start. Of course they beat Xabia, and neither Velestria or Northwest Kalactin have been producing, and neither were ranked at a level where they could coast, especially in a longer campaign. They did beat Banija, but that was at home. When they go on the road, Banija will get their revenge. Plus, the Banija program has had some changes, and they take time to come together. They will be better as this qualifying progresses. Cassadaigua may hang on to third, and probably will at this rate, but don’t get carried away. Third means they’ll get a good second place team from another group.

Conservative- Cassadaigua will lose both games to Vangaziland soundly, and lose at Banija. They will beat Monsa and Xabia both times, and probably split with one of Northwest Kalacin or Velestria. This will result in a pretty typical record that is probably in third place. Banija being 1-2 now is an aberration.

Realistic- The Fillies have shown themselves to be a threat in this competition. They’ve won four games, which includes a win over Banija that was a hard fought affair. However, Vangaziland is kicking ass and taking names. They won the title two editions ago, and are greatly motivated by seeing Wrexwic win the last one. Because of that, we’re not going to get the critical first round bye. We can hold firm on second, but Banija will make it a challenge. I’d rather play a third place team then a second place one in the playoffs.

The best part is all of these four lines of thought put Cassadaigua in the playoffs. That was not a sure thing, but with both Northwest Kalactin and Velestria failing to produce at this point, the Dagans have passed them on by. As we enjoy this bye day, we can get ready for lacrosse in Brattleboro. Royals vs Fillies. There will not be a better measuring stick for this team then that matchup.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Group 1
St Saratoga 9–8 Alpine Union
Cheergirls 9–20 Sarzonia
Clonka Magnus 7–12 United Celtic Peoples

1 Wrexwic 4 3 1 52 25 +27 9
2 Sarzonia 4 3 1 57 39 +18 9
3 St Saratoga 5 3 2 57 53 +4 9
4 Alpine Union 4 2 2 40 41 −1 6
5 Cheergirls 4 2 2 40 48 −8 6
6 United Celtic Peoples 5 2 3 48 57 −9 6
7 Clonka Magnus 4 0 4 26 57 −31 0

Group 2
Cosumar 21–5 The Kytler Peninsulae
Lochario 11–9 Qingland
West Phoenicia 10–7 Seraxinbourgh

1 Cosumar 5 5 0 84 41 +43 15
2 New West Guiana 4 4 0 57 27 +30 12
3 Lochario 4 2 2 42 39 +3 6
4 West Phoenicia 4 2 2 37 45 −8 6
5 Seraxinbourgh 5 1 4 43 64 −21 3
6 The Kytler Peninsulae 4 1 3 29 58 −29 3
7 Qingland 4 0 4 36 54 −18 0

Group 3
Vangaziland 9–5 Velestria
Monsa 6–18 Banija
Xabia 9–9 Northwest Kalactin (9–10 OT)

1 Vangaziland 5 5 0 81 36 +45 15
2 Cassadaigua 4 4 0 47 30 +17 12
3 Banija 4 2 2 57 44 +13 6
4 Northwest Kalactin 5 2 3 43 60 −17 6
5 Velestria 4 1 3 33 46 −13 3
6 Xabia 4 1 3 31 49 −18 3
7 Monsa 4 0 4 29 56 −27 0

Group 4
Baker Park 9–6 Abanhfleft
Juvencus 15–7 Iquikukut
Libonesia 11–4 Bjornoya Republic

1 Baker Park 5 4 1 58 39 +19 12
2 Abanhfleft 4 3 1 49 26 +23 9
3 Qasden 4 3 1 53 31 +22 9
4 Juvencus 4 3 1 42 35 +7 9
5 Libonesia 4 2 2 38 36 +2 6
6 Iquikukut 4 0 4 24 57 −33 0
7 Bjornoya Republic 5 0 5 24 64 −40 0
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports