NATION

PASSWORD

Obamacare Insurance Mandate Ruled Constitutional

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Chalcedon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby New Chalcedon » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Caninope wrote:
New Chalcedon wrote:
Then why vent it on a thread about the judicial ruling? It's clear-cut threadjacking.

Because it's on a related tangent, and starting yet another thread on the bill would be a waste.

It is, however, just that: a tangent. This thread is about the Constitutionality of the bill, not the logic (or lack thereof) involved in it.
Fuck it all. Let the world burn - there's no way roaches could do a worse job of being decent than we have.

Doitzel
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Doitzel » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:18 pm

Korintar wrote:But why allow currently existing private insurance companies to run things?

Because they wrote the bill?
TWP: Where stupid goes to die
Official Tree-hugger of The West Pacific.

-2.12, -4.67

Korintar
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Korintar » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Doitzel wrote:
Korintar wrote:But why allow currently existing private insurance companies to run things?

Because they wrote the bill?

It seems that large, private business interests have a little too much influence in this nation's politics. Corporate personhood? Money is speech? What's next? I think we are taking a giant leap backward as a country- I don't like it. I believe that there should be a universal healthcare plan, but "Obamacare" went about it wrong.
Factbook, Q&A; Nat'l Standards Warning: Agreeing to RP with me assumes an acceptance of Any-Tech Rping and/or the use of dragons in Warfare unless we come to an agreement beforehand.
Jolt Veteran. (-6.00,-.31), (-7.25,1.08) (economic, social)
'So.... a complete disregard for societal norms is.... communist? If that's true, then sign me up.'- Lunatic Goofballs
'If you're taking White Castle hanburgers rectally, you're really doing that wrong. They go in the other end of the alimentary system.'-Farnhamia
'Space Mussolini! Go, go, go!'- TSS @ GWO
Reppy's PG opinion of Jolt
The Gidgetisms: Go no fuck? The Parkus Empire: As in, go, go Gadget no fuck.
Oterro: International incidents->"New Thread"->[Thread title]->[Thread OP]->War->GWO intervention

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:16 pm

New Chalcedon wrote:
Caninope wrote:Because it's on a related tangent, and starting yet another thread on the bill would be a waste.

It is, however, just that: a tangent. This thread is about the Constitutionality of the bill, not the logic (or lack thereof) involved in it.

And threads and conversations naturally evolve on NSG.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Previous

Return to General