NATION

PASSWORD

Soul Reaper (Open, Fantasy, OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Obarin
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Obarin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:09 am

Alrighty my first post is up, I hope I am not jumping into anybody's way really. It has been a while since I have properly roleplayed. Anyway, I realized my character would make an excellent bodyguard, what with being able to remove poisons, and help in healing wounds and illnesses as well as fight. So I had her try to gain an audience with Luther Esquoria in the hopes to be promoted to his personal guard.

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:30 am

Obarin wrote:Alrighty my first post is up, I hope I am not jumping into anybody's way really. It has been a while since I have properly roleplayed. Anyway, I realized my character would make an excellent bodyguard, what with being able to remove poisons, and help in healing wounds and illnesses as well as fight. So I had her try to gain an audience with Luther Esquoria in the hopes to be promoted to his personal guard.

Damn, that was a well written post.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:17 am

5pb wrote:
Obarin wrote:Alrighty my first post is up, I hope I am not jumping into anybody's way really. It has been a while since I have properly roleplayed. Anyway, I realized my character would make an excellent bodyguard, what with being able to remove poisons, and help in healing wounds and illnesses as well as fight. So I had her try to gain an audience with Luther Esquoria in the hopes to be promoted to his personal guard.

Damn, that was a well written post.

Jakob found Azami, btw. And indeed, 'tis a very nice post.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:02 pm

The letter will be sent to the Esquoria Estate and delivered to Luther and his father at an opportune time (since they're meeting with the Emperor). By being with Luther Esquoria, Alune will see a lot of action eventually as the Etira start to make bolder moves. And as already said, that was an excellent IC Post

Xichung wrote:
Asardia wrote:
Although she is only sixteen, Alune is still a member of a noble family, and since she's the de facto head of the Silenor House, she can still appear at the conference in the Imperial Palace. You can also just show up somewhere in Kalingway, and I can have Elakashi and the Cheristi family stumble across Alune.

Due to Alune being a Phoenix Knight, she would be sent out on missions, especially those concerning the Etira. She might also work with the Interior Guard (Elakashi specifically) to help stop the murders. And Kiyonari (the Etira's leader) will also be in Kalingway soon. I can have you meet him, although Alune wouldn't know much about him. Kiyonari might ask her about the current state of things, and if Alune is aware of the conference, she can talk to Kiyonari about that

And Xichung, I noticed that you had "Thanatos" as the faction that characters like Doctor Irina and Legion were part of. I'm sorry if I missed it, but did you make a faction app? And would you consider Rasputin and Thanatos to be members of the Protectors of the Histories? The App roster should be up to date, I just need to figure out the factions

if ya want ill makea faction app for thanatos and his band of misfits, but i dont see them as part of the protectors

I would like to see a faction app for them. The Thanatos faction has the potential to honestly be the main antagonists here, and it would be interesting to just know how they got together (this knowledge won't be used in the IC, of course). I will make Thanaos and his followers their own faction for now though

EDIT: Baesu is now resurrected, but I honestly had no idea on how the ritual would work until I started typing it. I apologize if it seems rushed.
Last edited by Asardia on Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Xichung
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Asardia wrote:

The letter will be sent to the Esquoria Estate and delivered to Luther and his father at an opportune time (since they're meeting with the Emperor). By being with Luther Esquoria, Alune will see a lot of action eventually as the Etira start to make bolder moves. And as already said, that was an excellent IC Post

Xichung wrote:if ya want ill makea faction app for thanatos and his band of misfits, but i dont see them as part of the protectors

I would like to see a faction app for them. The Thanatos faction has the potential to honestly be the main antagonists here, and it would be interesting to just know how they got together (this knowledge won't be used in the IC, of course). I will make Thanaos and his followers their own faction for now though

EDIT: Baesu is now resurrected, but I honestly had no idea on how the ritual would work until I started typing it. I apologize if it seems rushed.

Got you covered Friend
blood on the petals/ death is the true end of us/ let us not die yet

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:37 am

Faction Name:The horseman
Leader:Thanatos
Faction Alignment (Pro Government, Anti Government, Neutral?):anti-gov
Goals:to kill the emperor and cause anarchy
Size/Influencesmall in size but hold four very strong horsemen
Base of Operationswhere ever Thanatos wants to set up a temporary base
History:the group was made to punish the world as they see fit, the first horseman, Thanatos gathered ones that seemed to be almost kin to him to rage his war. doing whatever to accomplish his goal even death would not stop him from having his Anarchy.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:00 am

Xichung wrote:
Faction Name:The horseman
Leader:Thanatos
Faction Alignment (Pro Government, Anti Government, Neutral?):anti-gov
Goals:to kill the emperor and cause anarchy
Size/Influencesmall in size but hold four very strong horsemen
Base of Operationswhere ever Thanatos wants to set up a temporary base
History:the group was made to punish the world as they see fit, the first horseman, Thanatos gathered ones that seemed to be almost kin to him to rage his war. doing whatever to accomplish his goal even death would not stop him from having his Anarchy.

Accepted

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:06 pm

"Izayoi's voice was backed by an essence that would scare someone if they had paired it with his expression. He clearly had a plan, it would have seemed sinister..."

!!!
Last edited by Asardia on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Asardia wrote:
"Izayoi's voice was backed by an essence that would scare someone if they had paired it with his expression. He clearly had a plan, it would have seemed sinister..."

!!!

Like intimidating or uncomforting, nothing magical.
As if he was a villan ploting something.
Last edited by 5pb on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:31 pm

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:!!!

Care for some dead bodies, madam?
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:35 pm

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I thought you were hinting at Izayoi betraying the Phoenix Knights lol. I thought we had a plot twist coming up or something.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:07 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
5pb wrote:Like intimidating or uncomforting, nothing magical.

Care for some dead bodies, madam?

Lol, I guess she can drain the vitality from living cells so that might help. I'll post tommorow.

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:Like intimidating or uncomforting, nothing magical.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I thought you were hinting at Izayoi betraying the Phoenix Knights lol. I thought we had a plot twist coming up or something.

No, Izayoi is too loyal to the empire.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:49 pm

5pb wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:Care for some dead bodies, madam?

Lol, I guess she can drain the vitality from living cells so that might help. I'll post tommorow.

Asardia wrote:

Alright.

Also, I know this is kind of random, but are you guys satisfied with the way magic works here? I've been looking into magic systems in things like anime, and I kind of think I could have done better. Obviously, it's far too late to really make a drastic change, but I just wanted to put this idea out here. Let's say that we have Esoterics, which are basically espers. They all have access to similar psychic based abilities (I want to base it off of this system), but each esper has their own Esoteric power. Basically, I'm asking if magic like nen from Hunter x Hunter be better than the current magic. It's pretty similar to what we already have, but I think the system of having multiple "chakras/auras" that grant you different attributes would make magic a lot more interesting in a future role play
Last edited by Asardia on Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:Lol, I guess she can drain the vitality from living cells so that might help. I'll post tommorow.

Alright.

Also, I know this is kind of random, but are you guys satisfied with the way magic works here? I've been looking into magic systems in things like anime, and I kind of think I could have done better. Obviously, it's far too late to really make a drastic change, but I just wanted to put this idea out here. Let's say that we have Esoterics, which are basically espers. They all have access to similar psychic based abilities (I want to base it off of this system), but each esper has their own Esoteric power. Basically, I'm asking if magic like nen from Hunter x Hunter be better than the current magic. It's pretty similar to what we already have, but I think the system of having multiple "chakras/auras" that grant you different attributes would make magic a lot more interesting in a future role play

So im fine with the current system, black clover is more or less has the clarification that this rp has become

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:09 am

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:Lol, I guess she can drain the vitality from living cells so that might help. I'll post tommorow.

Alright.

I like what we have now, it is simple and fun. It also provides a lot of freedom and allows characters to be more unique with the magic they have. It does require more balancing and stuff but it's worth it.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Xichung wrote:
Asardia wrote:
Alright.

So im fine with the current system, black clover is more or less has the clarification that this rp has become

What do you mean?

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:
Alright.

I like what we have now, it is simple and fun. It also provides a lot of freedom and allows characters to be more unique with the magic they have. It does require more balancing and stuff but it's worth it.

I see. What can I do to improve it? Specifically, the balancing aspect.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Asardia wrote:
Xichung wrote:So im fine with the current system, black clover is more or less has the clarification that this rp has become

What do you mean?

5pb wrote:I like what we have now, it is simple and fun. It also provides a lot of freedom and allows characters to be more unique with the magic they have. It does require more balancing and stuff but it's worth it.

in black clover, magic can be based on literally anything, but it doesnt have magic classifications.

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Asardia wrote:
Xichung wrote:So im fine with the current system, black clover is more or less has the clarification that this rp has become

What do you mean?

5pb wrote:I like what we have now, it is simple and fun. It also provides a lot of freedom and allows characters to be more unique with the magic they have. It does require more balancing and stuff but it's worth it.

No no no, I mean like what we have requires more maintenance the oters ig. Its balanced rn. I should have chosen my words better, i was just comparing

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Xichung wrote:
Asardia wrote:
What do you mean?

in black clover, magic can be based on literally anything, but it doesnt have magic classifications.

That makes more sense now.

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:
What do you mean?

No no no, I mean like what we have requires more maintenance the oters ig. Its balanced rn. I should have chosen my words better, i was just comparing

Ah ok. I just wanted to ask to see if anything needed to get fixed right now. I appreciate the feedback from you and Xichung

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:29 pm

Asardia wrote:
Xichung wrote:in black clover, magic can be based on literally anything, but it doesnt have magic classifications.

5pb wrote:No no no, I mean like what we have requires more maintenance the oters ig. Its balanced rn. I should have chosen my words better, i was just comparing

Ah ok. I just wanted to ask to see if anything needed to get fixed right now. I appreciate the feedback from you and Xichung

Well your welcome, im gonna wait for another post before I start Legion’s extermination plan

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:08 pm

Asardia wrote:
Xichung wrote:in black clover, magic can be based on literally anything, but it doesnt have magic classifications.

5pb wrote:No no no, I mean like what we have requires more maintenance the oters ig. Its balanced rn. I should have chosen my words better, i was just comparing

Any time!

Kishi will nake his pressense known and Izayoi will begin his plans.
Post up tomorrow

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Xichung wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Well your welcome, im gonna wait for another post before I start Legion’s extermination plan

You plan on Legion attempting to take out the Cheristi delegates in Kalingway? Don't underestimate them. If Legion goes up against Elakashi, I believe Legion will have some trouble

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Any time!

Post up tomorrow

The capital is filled with major characters. Things will get interesting from now on, especially with Kishi, Thanatos and his faction, Kiyonari, and the Interior Guard being in the city. Not to mention Adelina and Luther. This is why I'm generally more laid back in my role plays. By allowing the story to naturally progress, we can events like this, where unpredictable things can happen. Honestly, this is what makes RPing fun for me

And speaking of unpredictable, I'm planning on making that mimic character soon. Anyone want her to join them? I feel like she can really turn the tide of a battle.
Last edited by Asardia on Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Asardia wrote:
Xichung wrote:Well your welcome, im gonna wait for another post before I start Legion’s extermination plan

You plan on Legion attempting to take out the Cheristi delegates in Kalingway? Don't underestimate them. If Legion goes up against Elakashi, I believe Legion will have some trouble

5pb wrote:Any time!

Post up tomorrow

The capital is filled with major characters. Things will get interesting from now on, especially with Kishi, Thanatos and his faction, Kiyonari, and the Interior Guard being in the city. Not to mention Adelina and Luther. This is why I'm generally more laid back in my role plays. By allowing the story to naturally progress, we can events like this, where unpredictable things can happen. Honestly, this is what makes RPing fun for me

And speaking of unpredictable, I'm planning on making that mimic character soon. Anyone want her to join them? I feel like she can really turn the tide of a battle.

I was thinking about jer meeting Kishi. I feel like that would be a very interesting combination.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Character Name: Asteria Sarranie
Appearance: https://static.zerochan.net/Rogue.%28X-Men%29.full.2147377.jpg
House: House Sarranie
Personality: Asteria is very extroverted and social. She is generally in a happy mood and has a weird sense of humor.
Mage Type (Mage, Sensor, Esoteric, Medic, Archmage, Inquisitor?): Mage/Esoteric
Magic/Abilities (if any):
Imitation: Imitation is an Esoteric ability that Asteria has that allows her to temporarily mimic the powers of anyone she touches for five minutes, assuming she only uses that one power for the entire 5 minutes. Asteria can also replicate the powers of Esoterics

Weapons Specialist: Asteria is very skilled in using various weapons, specifically swords and daggers. She also is very good with the bow and arrow.

Earth Magic: Asteria is well trained in the Elemental Art of Earth. She can easily manipulate the ground around her and use it to block attacks such as fire. Asteria's skill with Earth Magic gives her access to a technique known as Seismic Sense, which essentially allows her to use vibrations in the earth, enabling her to perceive her surroundings just as good as if she were actually seeing it.

Sand Magic: Being a sub-skill of Earth Magic, Sand Magic involves the manipulation of sand. Asteria can either use natural sand (such as the deserts in the south) or she can summon a gourd filled with sand in order to then manipulate it from there. With access to sand, Asteria can use it a way similar to Gaara's Sand Binding Coffin.

Wind Magic: Asteria is very proficient with Wind. She can use techniques such as the Wind Blade and enhanced speed, but she also has created her own signature techniques.
Flight/Levitation: Using Wind, Asteria can ride the wind currents, allowing her to fly or just levitate.

Tornado:Asteria can use the air around her to create a tornado/whirlwind, which can then use to draw things in, prevent them from getting near her, or eject them from the tornado.

Air Current Sense: Being one of Asteria's more unique abilities, Air Current Sense allows her to sense air currents, which also means she can detect changes and disturbances in the air. Air Current Sense is basically just Seismic Sense, but in the air.

Limitations:
Imitation only works for five minutes, and she can only use one power at a time. As soon as she uses a different stolen power, she loses access to the one she previously used (this does not apply to powers Asteria copied but did not use). Imitation also only copies a person's magic, and does not make them powerless. Asteria also will not have the same proficiency when using her mimicked powers.

Even though she has access to powerful forms of magic, Asteria has a habit of not taking things seriously. Also, due to the many normal/non threatening mages nearby, she normally ignores the air current/seismic sense's warnings.
Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?): None at the moment
Biography: Asteria was raised as a single child in the city of Aesyerus. Before she was even enrolled into the academy, she somehow demonstrated advanced skills of earth magic, but it would not be used again. After spending a few years in the Aesyerus Mage Academy, Asteria quickly discovered that she could temporarily imitate the powers of anyone she touches. The Sarranie family did not have any Bloodline Magic associated with mimicry, so Asteria's teachers deduced that she was an Esoteric. At first, Asteria rarely paid attention in class, and in training battles, she would just copy her opponent's abilities and use it against them. Obviously, this wasn't the best course of action, and in one mock battle, Asteria was crushed by one of her classmates who (using Wind Magic) did not even allow Asteria to get close to her, and took her down easily with a few strikes. Embarrassed, Asteria became immersed in school and studied every day to ensure that she would never lose like that again. Since her parents were Earth Mages (and Asteria naturally had an affinity for Earth), she chose that as her main element to study and learn. However, the academy required every student to learn at least two elements in order to graduate. Asteria, remembering the skill and prowess that her classmate had a few years earlier with Wind Magic, decided to pursue Wind. She dedicated herself entirely to these two forms of magic, rarely using Imitation for a couple of years. But as Asteria got older, the competition also got harder. As she was learning Earth and Wind Magic, Asteria started to use Imitation more often. She graduated at age 18, and began exploring the empire. She is now just a traveler who wants to have fun, keeping a cheerful demeanor most of the time.
Additional Information: Asteria may be joining Kishi
Last edited by Asardia on Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:32 am

Asardia wrote:
Character Name: Asteria Sarranie
Appearance: https://static.zerochan.net/Rogue.%28X-Men%29.full.2147377.jpg
House (what family does your character belong to?): House Sarranie
Personality: Asteria is very extroverted and social. She is generally in a happy mood and has a weird sense of humor.
Mage Type (Mage, Sensor, Esoteric, Medic, Archmage, Inquisitor?): Mage/Esoteric
Magic/Abilities (if any):
Imitation: Imitation is an Esoteric ability that Asteria has that allows her to temporarily mimic the powers of anyone she touches for five minutes, assuming she only uses that one power for the entire 5 minutes. Asteria can also replicate the powers of Esoterics

Weapons Specialist: Asteria is very skilled in using various weapons, specifically swords and daggers. She also is very good with the bow and arrow.

Earth Magic: Asteria is well trained in the Elemental Art of Earth. She can easily manipulate the ground around her and use it to block attacks such as fire. Asteria's skill with Earth Magic gives her access to a technique known as Seismic Sense, which essentially allows her to use vibrations in the earth, enabling her to perceive her surroundings just as good as if she were actually seeing it.

Limitations (what are the restrictions on your character’s abilities?):
Imitation only works for five minutes, and she can only use one power at a time. As soon as she uses a different stolen power, she loses access to the one she previously used (this does not apply to powers Asteria copied but did not use). Imitation also only copies a person's magic, and does not make them powerless. Asteria also will not have the same proficiency when using her mimicked powers.
Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?): None at the moment
Biography:
Additional Information: Asteria may be joining Kishi

nice use of rogue,im waiting for the finished work now. also waiting for legion to begin his fun

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse