NATION

PASSWORD

#MeToo Becomes #LeaveMeAlone

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:05 am

Discourse Ouro-Bros wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:I try to read this thread, but all I hear is "Vags have too much rights."

Detox yourself from your current ideology. It is rendering you incapable of understanding the words your opposition write.

Ponder the fractal nature of ecology, spiraling from the the greatest ecosystems to the molecular level.

Actually believe in evolution, don't just claim that you do because it's endorsed by the "correct" ideology, and understand that it is not limited to biological systems. Compute its implications on social and information systems and the mechanisms of which they are composed.

Because right now, you don't believe in evolution, and you don't understand ecology.

Galloism is of course the actually correct one, but even Ostro is doing better than you.

I don't follow what any of what you just said has to do with anything in this thread.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:12 am

Vassenor wrote:
Discourse Ouro-Bros wrote:Detox yourself from your current ideology. It is rendering you incapable of understanding the words your opposition write.

Ponder the fractal nature of ecology, spiraling from the the greatest ecosystems to the molecular level.

Actually believe in evolution, don't just claim that you do because it's endorsed by the "correct" ideology, and understand that it is not limited to biological systems. Compute its implications on social and information systems and the mechanisms of which they are composed.

Because right now, you don't believe in evolution, and you don't understand ecology.

Galloism is of course the actually correct one, but even Ostro is doing better than you.

I don't follow what any of what you just said has to do with anything in this thread.

It's very very simple.

Do you care more about your right not to have your own life ruined by false accusations or the right of some random stranger you newer met not to get raped?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:23 am

Purpelia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

It's very very simple.

Do you care more about your right not to have your own life ruined by false accusations or the right of some random stranger you newer met not to get raped?

Or do what I do and care about both.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:24 am

Purpelia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

It's very very simple.

What does that have to do with evolution and ecology like they were raving about?

And what you're saying is that the MRA movement is just another example of "fuck you got mine"?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:29 am

Pence actually made a smart move. This metoo crap is stupid.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:29 am

Vassenor wrote:And what you're saying is that the MRA movement is just another example of "fuck you got mine"?

How is that what Purpelia said?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:30 am

Mystic Warriors wrote:Pence actually made a smart move. This metoo crap is stupid.

Surely by admitting he needs a chaperone to stop himself doing inappropriate things he's proving it right.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:32 am

Mystic Warriors wrote:Pence actually made a smart move. This metoo crap is stupid.

What changed?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:36 am

Vassenor wrote:What does that have to do with evolution and ecology like they were raving about?

And what you're saying is that the MRA movement is just another example of "fuck you got mine"?

Would you rather live in a world where your life can be destroyed at any time with no fault of your own or a world where some random stranger you've newer heard off might end up getting shafted? And remember, you can only chose one.

New haven america wrote:Or do what I do and care about both.

But say you were placed in a position to make a choice. Would you rather live in fear of having your life destroyed or fear of having some random stranger having their life destroyed? And you can only chose one way. No takebacks either.

This movement is creating an atmosphere of fear. And when people are afraid they look to protect them self first. There is nothing wrong with that.
Would you give your life to save a random stranger?
Last edited by Purpelia on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:39 am

Purpelia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:What does that have to do with evolution and ecology like they were raving about?

Would you rather live in a world where your life can be destroyed at any time with no fault of your own or a world where some random stranger you've newer heard off might end up getting shafted? And remember, you can only chose one.

But say you were placed in a position to make a choice. Would you rather live in fear of having your life destroyed or fear of having some random stranger having their life destroyed? And you can only chose one way. No takebacks either.

This movement is creating an atmosphere of fear. And when people are afraid they look to protect them self first. There is nothing wrong with that.

So your only argument is to force a dichotomy where none exists.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:04 am

Purpelia wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMLW6yj8XNY
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:06 am

Vassenor wrote:So your only argument is to force a dichotomy where none exists.

It's not an argument. I am not trying to convince you of anything. I am simply explaining how these people feel, why they do what they do and how this is, at least from their perspective, the only reasonable recourse they have left as opposed to being some sort of spiteful response.

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:24 am

Vassenor wrote:

Surely by admitting he needs a chaperone to stop himself doing inappropriate things he's proving it right.

:rofl:

Your hatred of Pence is clouding your judgement
Last edited by Mystic Warriors on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:24 am

Mystic Warriors wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Oh really?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:25 am

Costa Fierro wrote:

What changed?

Que?

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:26 am

Vassenor wrote:
Mystic Warriors wrote:

Oh really?

Really? That is your reply? Poor show.

And your hatred of him is causing you to spin everything he does in a negative light.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:27 am

Mystic Warriors wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Oh really?

And your hatred of him is causing you to spin everything he does in a negative light.

Being incapable of being in the same room with a women without your wife acting as a chaperone is a negative (And stupid) trait.
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:33 am

Mystic Warriors wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Oh really?

You mean like all the MRAs in this thread do with feminism?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:42 am

Vassenor wrote:
Mystic Warriors wrote:

You mean like all the MRAs in this thread do with feminism?

You only seem capable of spinning things around. :roll:

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:46 am

New haven america wrote:
Mystic Warriors wrote:

Being incapable of being in the same room with a women without your wife acting as a chaperone is a negative (And stupid) trait.

:roll:

The article said he wont dine alone with any woman who isnt his wife. All it takes is being alone with a woman to put yourself at risk, more so since he is the VP of a despised white house with people just waiting to take it down.

You are spinning it onto something else because you hate Pence and refuse to admit this is a wise move.
Last edited by Mystic Warriors on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:58 am

Mystic Warriors wrote:
New haven america wrote:Being incapable of being in the same room with a women without your wife acting as a chaperone is a negative (And stupid) trait.

The article said he wont dine alone with any woman who isnt his wife. All it takes is being alone with a woman to put yourself at risk, more so since he is the VP of a despised white house with people just waiting to take it down.

You are spinning it onto something else because you hate Pence and refuse to admit this is a wise move.

If the Mueller situation taught you anything, then it should be that trying to get a false report on a high ranking/well known individual is really fucking difficult.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Mystic Warriors
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:03 am

New haven america wrote:
Mystic Warriors wrote:

If the Mueller situation taught you anything, then it should be that trying to get a false report on a high ranking/well known individual is really fucking difficult.

That makes no fucking sense. It is completely unrelated to anything here. Stop wasting my time and try to be reasonable.
Last edited by Mystic Warriors on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:13 am

Petrasylvania wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:Quote an instance of Ostro suggesting women should be treated as less than equal to men.

Must there be actual quote for observations? He talks as if gender rights is a zero sum game, and rarely if ever refers to women as anything but adversaries. Wouldn't be difficult to see how things would go if he got his way.

You're merely asserting that I see it as a zero sum game, do you have any actual proof of that? Instances where i've said something where that dynamic is there?
I advocate for mens rights, womens rights isn't my speciality. Or are you opposed to experts now too?
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:15 am

Mystic Warriors wrote:
New haven america wrote:If the Mueller situation taught you anything, then it should be that trying to get a false report on a high ranking/well known individual is really fucking difficult.

That makes no fucking sense. It is completely unrelated to anything here. Stop wasting my time and try to be reasonable.

You are aware people tried getting a false report on Mueller in order to end his investigation, right?

This was a fairly well documented event that happened not too long ago, and is proof that using false reports to take down high ranking officials is, yet again, really fucking difficult.

Now, how about actually making an argument? Or is ranting about how everyone else's arguments don't make sense without providing any points of reference or examples why the only thing you can do?
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:22 am

New haven america wrote:
Mystic Warriors wrote:

You are aware people tried getting a false report on Mueller in order to end his investigation, right?

This was a fairly well documented event that happened not too long ago, and is proof that using false reports to take down high ranking officials is, yet again, really fucking difficult.

Now, how about actually making an argument? Or is ranting about how everyone else's arguments don't make sense without providing any points of reference or examples why the only thing you can do?

But because two high profile incidents of it working happened it means all women secretly want to use false rape accusations to ruin men's lives and the system lets them.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General