NATION

PASSWORD

The International Incidents Stickies

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

The International Incidents Stickies

Postby Euroslavia » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Getting Started with Nationstates

Welcome to 'Getting Started with Nationstates'. This thread will provide the basic framework for general rules and learning and all things in regards to how to properly Role Playing in the International Incidents and Nationstates forums. If you're looking for Euroslavia's International Incidents Information Desk, you can find it here.

Additionally, a link will be available at the bottom of each of the information posts in this thread for easy access.

> Work things out OOC <

First piece of advise is fairly simple; you will find that when you start an role-play with a nation you may have combat with, you will find that most of the time you will both have different technologies and ideas on how the role-play will go. As such it’s important to work out any problems OOC before you start the RP. You can do this in MSN, telegram or even in a separate thread… if you don’t do this you may waste a lot of time arguing with the other nation over the power of your weapon, why they aren’t taking enough damage and so on.

> Spelling, Grammar and Format <

This is a quick addition, but basically if you want to be understood you should make it easier to read for everyone else. Basically you should try and make sure that you’re spelling it reasonable, your grammar is ok and your format makes it easy for people to read. The best way to achieve this is to use a program like Win Word to spell check your post and maybe even point out some grammar problems.

> Its freeform baby! <

Yeah, I know I should have pointed this out earlier, but it goes without saying. You can RP anything you want and there is little anyone can do about it. Remember, while you can role-play anything, you can also ignore anything. So while you can RP your nation being the best in the universe, everyone else can ignore such a claim and choose not to RP with you. That’s the beauty of freeform, and it’s greatest frustration. This is why you should be reasonable.

> Be descriptive <

This isn’t really as important, but it makes the thread a whole lot better. The more description you put into it, the more interesting it is to read and the more you will enjoy the role-play on the whole.

> Have fun <

It gets forgotten a lot of the time but Nationstates is just a game; albeit an addictive game which takes a lot of time and effort for some people. The important thing is to have fun; if you are not having fun then you should try something else. Tired of having wars with everyone? Chill out and try something else, make peace with those you fight or have a peace conference… that way you automatically have a character/diplomatic role-play.
Last edited by Jenrak on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:30 am, edited 13 times in total.
Reason: Changed the formatting to make it easier on the eyes.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Nationstates Terminology

Postby Euroslavia » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Nationstates Terminology

Types of Tech Levels:
PT - PT is Past Technology, it can be anything from muskets to bow an arrows and swords. PT also includes machinery used as recently as the Korean War, WW2, or The Vietnam War.
MT - MT is Modern Technology, It is the current technology of earth, modern planes and weapons.
PMT - PMT is almost modern technology, technology that isn't out yet, but is in development. Technology in the 2030s, like New and improved missiles and airplanes.
FT - FT is Future Technology, it can be anything from space technology to plasma rays, it is anything in the future, usually involves space tech.
FTL = Faster Than Light, e.g Warp Speed
STL = Slower Than Light, e.g No warp speed, fast space transportation, but nothing moving faster than light
FTLi = Faster Than Light Inhibitor, (see here for more details)

Sticky* -(NationStates sticky)-[stih-kee]-n Useful threads that appear on each page of a certain forum, usually helpful with roleplaying certain things, such as wars or terrorism. They are placed there by the Moderators. (See Moderators) To Sticky-v The act of stickying a thread.

OPEN* -[oh-pehn]-adj. The tag on the title of a thread indicating that all NationStates members are welcome to participate.(See Tag)

CLOSED - Closed*-[klohsd]-adj. The tag on the title of a thread indicating that only invited members are allowed to post in-character posts inside.(See Tag 1.)

SEMI-OPEN/SEMI-CLOSED - SEMI-OPEN can vary, but usually means that you have to TG the starter to post or RP in the thread

ATTN - ATTN means Attention, it usually has a nations name directly after it, it means that the nation after it should read and it is about them.

Interest - Usually a thread where the OP (Opening Poster) asks the Nationstates players if they are interested in the specific Roleplay, and if there is enough interest to actually start the Roleplay. This is an Out-Of-Character thread and usually leads to an In-Character thread.

Storefront* - [stohr-frunt]-n An In-Character thread set up by a NationStates user, in which varying items are sold to other nations. EX: A nation could set up a storefront selling military items, and another could set up one selling torture devices.

Earth*-(NationStates)-[urth]- n 1. The planet in which all nations and people standardly function on in NationStates and in the Real World. 2. A series of projects used by NationStates members to claim certain areas of the Real World in NS. Earths include Earth II, Earth IV, Earth V, Earth VI, Earth X, and Earth DA.

Tag* -[tag]-interj. 1. An exclaimation used by a member expressing that he/she is interested in the thread, and will post later. 2.-n Added on letters to a post or thread title that expresses the way it should be interpreted. EX: A post with the Out-Of Character tag (OOC) at the beginning should not be read as a roleplay. (See roleplay) However, a post that has the In-Character tag, or no tag at all, should be read as a roleplay. EX2: A thread title with the “Open” tag indicates that the entire thread is open. But a thread title with “Closed” added on indicates the entire thread is closed.
[Mod Note] As a side note, with the move to the NS forums, you do not have to tag something to be able to subscribe to it. See: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8209

IC - ABBR: In-Character*-[ihn kayr-ahk-tur]-adj. Writing as a character, e.g. the president. In-character is how you roleplay. (See Roleplay)

OOC - ABBR: Out-Of-Character-[owt ov kayr-ahk-tur]-adj. A post as yourself, not as a character. Use out-of-character when asking a question while in an IC thread.

SIC - ABBR: Secret-In-Character [see-kret-ihn-kayr-ahk-tur] Writing as a character, to describe an event which the other members of the Roleplay can know OOCly but cannot use ICly, e.g two General's talking about an upcoming ambush.

Bump*-[bump]-interj. ABBR: Bring Up My Post; An expression used to bring up a thread to the top of the first page in the forums.

IGNORE Cannon* -[ihg-nohr can-nun]-n A weapon used against godmoders when they will not stop godmoding. IGNORE Cannons are invincible, never run out of ammunition or power, and cannot be used by godmoders.

Spam* -(NationStates spam)-[spam]-n Any degree of useless posts that are either in the wrong place or do not hold any real meaning. To Spam-v The act of spamming.(-er, spammer[n])

Flaming-[flaym-ing] -v To insult one's ideas, values, and roleplay skills (See Roleplay), as well as out-of-character details (See Out-Of-Character(-er, flamer[n])

Godmod* - To, in any way, say what happens to your enemy’s forces. EX: “Your troops are dead, because I shot them with superguns.” It’s up to the opposition to determine their losses. 2. To avoid death. EX: “All of my troops have personal shields so none of them can get hurt.”(-er, godmoder[n.],-ing, godmoding[adj.,v.])

ORBAT - ABBR: ORder of BATtle; usually an extensive list of all troops/divisions/equipment that will or may be used in an upcoming battle. Used to show each side just how many troops are there to avoid confusion.

DEFCON - ABBR: DEFensive readiness CONdition; usually a scale from 5 to 1 to show if a nation is at war or peace and the corresponding level, 5 being peace, 4 being more intelligence, but no ongoing war, 3 being enhanced security, 2 being at war (but not full-out_, and 1 being a full-out war.

Czar -[zahr]-n A slavic emperor or king; autocrat. See Empire Czarina-n The feminine form of czar.

Junta -n A small group of military officers ruling after a seize of power.

Parliament -[pahr-lah-mehnt]-n A national representative body having supreme legislative powers within the state.

OP - ABBR: Opening Poster; The user who creates the thread, therefore called the Opening Poster, this person is the judge of everything in the thread and owns the thread (under the moderators).

Newb* -[newb]-n A NationStates player that is new to the game, and wishes to learn how to roleplay. (See Roleplay)

N00b* -[newb]-n A NationStates player who does not understand the concept of godmoding, and frequently does it. Usually perpetuated as an insult.(-ish, n00bish[adj.]) Orig.-Eng. New.

N00bspeak* -sometimes 1337-n The language that experienced members use to mock n00bs, and also to make a point to the n00b. EX: “1 fir3l> L00000000000000000))0000 n00ckz0rz a7 j00 an1) j00 dr3 d3ad!!!!!!1111!!!!one.”

Moderator;* informal Mod*- [Mahd]-n Members of NationStates who control the forums and the game; they watch over the forum, to look for spammers (see Spam) and threads that are full of spam. They have the ability to edit threads and posts made by other users, delete threads and posts, move threads to other forums, ban users, and other things.(-ing, modding[v.])
Last edited by Jenrak on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

What is Godmoding?

Postby Euroslavia » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Definition of Godmoding

1) Saying what happens to other people's stuff.
2) Refusing to take any losses. Or lose. Ever.
3) Having übertech armies that are too large, etc.
4) Having your nation’s geography to your extreme advantage.

1) Example: "Okay, I just blew up 300,000 of your troops!"

Why this is Godmoding: Because in free form role-play, it's up to the person being attacked to determine their own losses. This leads to OOC (out of character) bickering which in turn, ruin the entire RP. Trust me, it’s happened many times. Don’t let it happen.

2) Example: "Oh, well, my soldiers had personal forcefields so none of them were actually hurt."

Why this is Godmoding: This is probably where godmoding gets its name (from God Mode in Doom, where you were invincible after typing IDDQD). Naturally, if nobody ever takes a hit, the fight degenerates into "I HIT YOU!" "NO YOU DIDN'T!", etc. Remember now, roleplaying isn’t about winning or losing, it’s about telling a story. A nation who is willing to accept defeat gains a lot of respect from others, in turn. Refusing to lose could permanently damage your reputation, making not too many people not want to RP with you.

There is no device known or yet to be invented which is perfect. There is no perfect stealth, there is no perfect radar, there is no perfect acoustical protection, there is nothing which cannot be defeated. Therefore you cannot tell someone what their results are in trying to find you! You can tell them how your system works, but you can't off and say "you can't see me nyah!".

> Military Involvement with Nations NOT Bordering You <

You cannot directly invade a nation that doesn’t border you. There has to be a way to get there, whether it be with transports, airdrops, or permission to march through another nations’ territory. You cannot just say that your troops arrived at their border and are invading. That, in itself, is a godmode, coinciding with the “Very Fast Troops” explanation.

> The Effects of War <

Wars on your soil damage your infrastructure and economy in ways not quantified by the game in NS1. Wars abroad typically cost lots of money. Keep that in mind, for those of you who are frequent warmongers. Mobilizing troops, tanks, artillery, planes, etc, takes a surprising amount of money each time you do it. Be careful about how you do it as well, especially for you younger nations out there. Your first action being a mobilization, is definitely not recommended. Other things that’ll cost you money is keeping your mechanized military up-to-date, and refurbished. You can’t just let it sit in the shop, its gotta be checked every now and then for problems, and tested out. Don’t forget the amount of supplies each soldier will need too. They’ll obviously need food, water, and for those of you out there who take things safe, gas masks, and things like that [do not mistake this for needing to KNOW the exact amounts].
Last edited by Jenrak on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Details about War

Postby Euroslavia » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Details about War

Q: Um...where is the 'declare war' button?
A: There isn't. War on NationStates is entirely role play, there is no actual game engine that makes war. What is that you may ask? Make believe story telling, plain and simple. NS war can be fought in a few ways, and many NSers have their own style they like to use.

Q: How do I make a military?
A: Simple, but there is no 'create army' button you press. While there is no fixed number as to what size your military can be, generally it is an age old rule of thumb that it remain around .5% to 5% of your population. However you are not obligated to follow this guideline, though most experienced RPers would agree an excessively large military will wreck your economy.

Generally most armies don't have more than a few million men total, including reserves, logistics, medics, ground pounders, etc. This number can depend on how strong your economy is and how big your population is. Simply take your population and divide it by the percentage you want. Remember, a military cannot function soley with infantry. You need mechanics, medics, support, officers, etc. Just like in real life (even though NS is NOT real life).

Q: Ok, I want to go to war! What do I do?
A: Well, first off you have to get a few things down before you rush off to battle. Some things you should think of before you attack another nation are:

* Why are you attacking that nation/alliance/region? What did they do to warrant a strike by your military?
* Is your military capable of fighting large scale, protracted wars?

Good Reasons for War:
1. Attack on your nation/territory
2. Attack on an ally
3. Human rights violations
4. WMD possession
5. Conquest

Bad Reasons for War:
1. His leader insulted mine!
2. I want to rule teh world!!!1111Shift+1
3. He said my mom was fat!
Last edited by Jenrak on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:14 am

Question and Answer Session

1) So what is International Incidents?
Good question. This is one of the two forums dedicated to the role play of your nations. It generally focuses on exactly that, incidents, war, and disasters, along with pretty much anything you can think of. Character role plays, meetings, diplomacy, etc.

2) I'm not even sure where to begin.
Well first thing's first. Get your creative juices flowing. What would you want your nation to be like? Do you want it to have a dictator in charge of everything? Do you want a democracy? Do you want a monarchy? Or perhaps a nation in total anarchy? It's all up to what you think would be best. The beauty of free form role play is that you can make your nation be whatever you want it to be.

3) Okay, I think I'd like to stick with a dictator. What next?
So you've got what type of government you have. Think about what your nation as a whole would be like geography-wise. Do you want it to be full of forests? Mountains? Deserts? Also, what resources would you have available to your people? Salt? Fish? Iron? Oil? Considering these things can pave the way to developing trade with other nations, which can lead to some interesting role plays.

4) Okay, I want my nation to be an island nation with it's main resource to be fish.
Awesome! What I would start doing now is looking over some of the other role plays. If you don't feel too comfortable making a new thread yourself, just check out what other people are posting. See the detail that they put into their posts. It can give you a lot of ideas on what your posts should contain. Remember, the more detailed you make your posts, the better.

"Jane went to the store and came back home." sounds pretty bland and boring, eh?
"Jane took a brisk walk to the store that was within one mile of her apartment. She was in need of vegetables, drinks, and plates for the events that she had mapped out for the night. Walking into the supermarket, she quickly grabbed a cart, flew through the isles of food, and made a quick pit stop at the vegetable isle, and then proceeded to make a 180 degree turn towards the registers." Etc.

The difference between those two alone are massive. And that's just an example of the sort of thing that will turn one into a true storyteller. You want your readers to truly feel as if they were in that story, to feel the actions that are being committed.

5) So now what?
Now that you have the general knowledge you need to start your own RP, consider what you want it to be. Do you want to start a revolution RP, and perhaps find a nation that you could break off from?

Example: Let's say that I wanted my nation to be formed from a revolution from another country here. (First, telegram that nation and ask them if they'd be interested in doing something like this) If they're okay to go along with it, let's get a few questions tossed out. What exactly makes your declaration valid? Why exactly are you breaking away as your own nation? If you can get enough people interested in your cause, they may offer aid to you or even help you in the war (Just make sure that if people want to jump into the war, that they know exactly what's going to happen).

6) What if I don't want to start my nation off through a revolution?
Again, the beauty of free form role play. You can start your nation off however you'd like. You can make a quick post stating who you are, what your leader's name is, what your nation is like (government, resources, geography), and you can state exactly what you're looking for. Diplomatic relations with others? Trade resources? War? (I would suggest avoid war for now. You're a young nation with a very minimal population, and getting involved in a war so early will likely result in your nation being jumped by multiple people) Really, it can be whatever you want. The point of this forum is to tell a story to your liking. Enjoy it, play with it, and have fun with others.

Moral of the story: Free form role play. Mold your nation into whatever you'd like it to be. Stay reasonable. Stay respectful of other players (out of character, at least. They're here to play the game just like you). Help out new players. Follow the rules. That's it!
Last edited by Jenrak on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

The International Incidents Help Index

Postby Jenrak » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:14 pm

The Thread Assistance Index

The Thread Assistance Index is an informal hodge-podge-esque agglomeration of 'help' threads, questions, slight discussion and generally any informal assistance for the International Incidents forums. The main purpose of the TAI is to link and provide help to any and all players who have, do not want to, or are reading the stickies. The function of the Thread Assistance Index, furthermore, is to cut down on stickies within International Incidents by linking all threads together and leaving the threads to simply float. Finally, it is a reference point for multiple assistance areas, such as The Extranet, the International Incidents IRC and general RPing in International Incidents.

Discussion, suggestions and any talks are welcome'd in this thread, but please keep it minimal to the relevant links or threads. Do not treat this as a conversation thread, but rather treat this as a moderation-esque thread: in other words please cut down on any irrelevant subjects.

IRC Channel: #II

To join the IRC thread:
    1. Click on the #II link provided.
    2. You will be directed to a screen with a textbox. Type in #II (As in International Incidents, so the letter 'I', not 'L')
    3. You will be prompted for your nickname. Please use your nation name, or a similar name, or tell us who you are so we know.

The IRC Channel is open to all IIers, regardless of tech level. You can hang out, talk, chat, whatever. Please be courteous and kind, and if you run into any problems, please let any of the Operators know. That's pretty much it.

Helpful Threads, Tips, and Discussions

List of Organizations, Alliances, and Unions

Of the Quendi wrote:Welcome to the unofficial list of actively operating alliances and organizations in NS II. This list is supposed to act as a helping tool for those nations seeking allies and friends who share similar (IC) views. The list is obviously inspired by the GE&T list of storefronts of which I am a great fan. Just as the list of storefronts make life a lot easier for those looking for something to buy or sell it is my hope that this list will be a help to those in need of alliances. Thus, in the interest of providing the users of NS II with a comprehensive guide to organizations, alliances and unions I hereby present the unofficial list of such entities. I hope people will welcome the initiative...

NS Trainers: An OOC Organization

Jenrak wrote:For those of you who are unsure, or simply do not know, Nationstates Trainers, or NSTrainers, is an organisation founded by ViZion way too long ago (actually, it wasn't that long ago, but it was Jolt era) to allow a bridge between newer and older RPers to work relations. As stated, NSTrainers (going forwards), in ViZion's wise words, was now...

FT Argument Thread

Balrogga wrote:I made this Thread to contain arguments about ship size, nation size, and other FT arguments that frequently pop up in threads, disrupting the RP.

Anyone who wants to use this to move a hyjack out of their thread are welcome and invited to do just that. Just remember, as the OP, I have the right to tell someone abusive to move on because these debates get heated at times...

FT Advice Thread

Balrogga wrote:As an experiment, I am starting a Thread to act as the central point for advice. New players can come here and ask questions and hopefully older or more experienced players can help them.

I do not want arguments here, take it to the Argument Thread...

Starting a New RP? Post it Here!

Jenrak wrote:This was derived from Solm's original RP matching service, but I've changed things a bit so that we don't have to index it. Generally, if you start a new RP, you can post it here using the provided code...

P/MT OOC Discussion Thread

Jenrak wrote:I've made this as a P/MT discussion and argument thread counterpart to Balrogga's FT OOC discussion thread. The primary purpose of this is to provide a general spot where we can discuss things properly and get things sorted out...

The Native Story Index

Jenrak wrote:Hey guys, Jenrak here. This here is the Native Story Index, which is a collection of short stories written in, about, around or focusing on the nations of those who are interested in writing short stories about their nations. Themes, scale, scope, narration, technique in addition to tech levels and technology are no worries, and I won't be scanning for quality. Therefore, it is your own responsibility and freedom to write a story as you want...

Using Multiple Nations Productively (Not recommended until you've gotten the gist of general RPing)

Astholm wrote:This is just a basic guide on what's what regarding multiing, so here's the gist of it....

Seven Surefire Ways to Improve your Roleplays

New Azura wrote:I want you to pay attention to what I’m about to say. There is no discernible reason why your writing has to be laughed at or made fun of any longer! If you’ve had trouble accepting the criticism - deserved or undeserved - from other handlers, take the opportunity to examine your style of writing. Not a single handler in the history of NationStates can openly claim to be the perfect writer; we all carry room for improvement! Don’t be discouraged when you first start out, or even if you’ve had trouble acclimating yourself to the forum environment. If you’re looking for an easy way to improve your writing, then try using these simple steps. They’re quick to read and pretty easy to understand, and if you absorb the information contained in each step, it should help you improve your writing skills drastically. The following are seven surefire tips that will help you raise the quality of your roleplaying abilities...

The Psychology of the States (Not recommended until you've gotten the gist of general RPing)

Jenrak wrote:The study of the state is complex, at the least. At the least. The focus is that a state is multitude of things, but at the base, can be defined to be only one thing. But realistically, the idea of a nation state is a young entity that has only come into existence relatively early compared to Unions, Federations and Empires. It is a post-modernistic idea, still young and misunderstood. What I hope to entail, detail and describe to you, the reader, is the complexity of the state; it is not an empire. It cannot be an empire, otherwise it would be called one. But what makes a state a state? And if we're going to play a game called 'NationStates', then perhaps it would be good to define, explain and introduce those who may be uncertain to the study of the state...

The Post

Jenrak wrote:The situation of writing in International Incidents has been akin to a literary Realist’s wet dream. If the allusion is lost on you, then don’t worry. Suffice to say, the widespread use of different writing styles, the different application of prose and the varied effectiveness is offset by the lack of stronger and more open ‘authorities’ on writing to enforce or destabilise certain styles of writing. While the International Incidents Information Desk has touched on the foundations of managing and working with the nation itself, the fact of the matter is that RPing is a story-based activity. Understanding the mechanics and rules of war or diplomacy is nice, but applying that knowledge into a story that doesn’t revolve around explosions, sex or mindless violence (which is still equally exciting) may be difficult...

The Art of NS War

Daehanjeiguk wrote:What this Thread Constitutes is a Modernized Conception of the Art of War on NS, which probably does need to send the greater majority of its military geniuses to an insane asylum before they start hurting people. I will be writing the first thirteen posts, as an obvious and intended make-up of the historic 13 chapters of the original Art of War. Hopefully, this will expand into something bigger, and perhaps even more so than simply a private (i.e. me only) discussion on the affairs of war...
Last edited by Jenrak on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:50 am, edited 7 times in total.

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:15 pm

The Featured Articles Index

The Featured Articles Index is a listing and [at the moment of this writing] experimental change to the International Incidents' Stickies setup. The attempt of the Featured Articles Index is to tabulate and list all articles listed as Featured on the International Incidents page. These articles have been deemed through myself (Jenrak) to have been considered to be extremely helpful and worthwhile threads that can be a boon to assisting in fostering a more active, vibrant and trained II community in the ways of Role Playing.

Articles are posted one by one, with no determined time frame for them. Submission of any article for 'Featuring' carries little guidelines, save common sense. If there is strong sentiment for people for me to take an article down (near unanimous), then I will abide by II's decision to do so. If any authors wish for me not to put it up, I will abide by their decisions.

Like I said, this is experimental in the new II layout, so please let me know if you run into problems or issues.

Previously Featured Articles:

Last edited by Jenrak on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:01 am, edited 12 times in total.

East Sharf Islands
Attaché

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby East Sharf Islands » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Anyone using the Chatzilla IRC client can simply hit irc://irc.esper.net/II rather than go through the Espernet screens.

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:49 pm

East Sharf Islands wrote:Anyone using the Chatzilla IRC client can simply hit irc://irc.esper.net/II rather than go through the Espernet screens.

I know. Some don't use Chatzilla or Firefox, and others are not used to IRC, and the Espernet link has the least amount of effort, so it's the easiest to get acclimated to it.

Hornopolis
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornopolis » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Great job Jenrak.
Last edited by Hornopolis on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4/11/11

Sailsia
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sailsia » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:42 pm

I have LOTS of helpful threads i could list, is that what we're supposed to post here?
RIP RON PAUL
Author of the U.S. Constitution
July 4, 1776 - September 11, 2001

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Yep - go ahead.

Wewtlandem
Minister

Founded: Jun 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wewtlandem » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:48 pm

I see this being one of the most helpful threads yet Jenrak, great job, I'll contribute one day.

Sailsia
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sailsia » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:33 pm

RIP RON PAUL
Author of the U.S. Constitution
July 4, 1776 - September 11, 2001

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:16 am

Interesting links - I've added them all save for Solm's given that Euroslavia has the same one as the first post in the Shortened Stickies.

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Fantastic job with this thread and the other one. Looks incredibly clean.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Is there anything with input on RP groups and the like? Most groups get started, but I can only name two or three off the top of my head that survived three months.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:01 am

The Ben Boys wrote:Is there anything with input on RP groups and the like? Most groups get started, but I can only name two or three off the top of my head that survived three months.

Hmm? I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying.

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:46 am

Jenrak wrote:
The Ben Boys wrote:Is there anything with input on RP groups and the like? Most groups get started, but I can only name two or three off the top of my head that survived three months.

Hmm? I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying.

Something concerning the creation, development, and continuation of RP groups (such as E:E or E2).

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:28 am

Not that I know of, but I could be wrong on that end.

Mesotaria
Civil Servant

Founded: May 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesotaria » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 am

How to start your own thread?

-Deus-
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:09 am

Mesotaria wrote:How to start your own thread?

If you go out to any of the forums, there should be a large "Newtopic" button, which will make a new thread. Hope this helps mate.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:56 am

Euroslavia wrote:Tag* -[tag]-interj. 1. An exclaimation used by a member expressing that he/she is interested in the thread, and will post later. 2.-n Added on letters to a post or thread title that expresses the way it should be interpreted. EX: A post with the Out-Of Character tag (OOC) at the beginning should not be read as a roleplay. (See roleplay) However, a post that has the In-Character tag, or no tag at all, should be read as a roleplay. EX2: A thread title with the “Open” tag indicates that the entire thread is open. But a thread title with “Closed” added on indicates the entire thread is closed.
[Mod Note] As a side note, with the move to the NS forums, you do not have to tag something to be able to subscribe to it. See: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8209

OoC: I was under the impression that tagging, as defined by "1", was now considered to be spam, is this no longer the case? :unsure:
Retired

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Milograd wrote:
Euroslavia wrote:Tag* -[tag]-interj. 1. An exclaimation used by a member expressing that he/she is interested in the thread, and will post later. 2.-n Added on letters to a post or thread title that expresses the way it should be interpreted. EX: A post with the Out-Of Character tag (OOC) at the beginning should not be read as a roleplay. (See roleplay) However, a post that has the In-Character tag, or no tag at all, should be read as a roleplay. EX2: A thread title with the “Open” tag indicates that the entire thread is open. But a thread title with “Closed” added on indicates the entire thread is closed.

OoC: I was under the impression that tagging, as defined by "1", was now considered to be spam, is this no longer the case? :unsure:

It is considered spam and everyone should really use the bookmark feature (which, in my opinion is a lot better and easier). But, rarely does one get a warning for a tag, more of a "there is a bookmark feature."
Last edited by Solm on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Tagging's kinda like jaywalking - it's an offense, but it's really not enforced.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents