NATION

PASSWORD

What did the Nazis do for us?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:32 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Novus America wrote:
The first Reich mostly was, despite the odd name and some non German speaking territories.
It was officially the “Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation” from the 1500s onwards as well.

' some non german territory ' does include roughly the modern day Czech Republic area.

Quite a bit, if you ask me.

The majority of the population was German though, and German was in the name at some point.
So you can still say it was German.

I mean Russia has several non ethic Russian areas, but is still Russian (mostly).

And the 3rd Reich/Nazi Empire also include the Czech area as well.
Although of course it did do genocide and forced Germanization to a MUCH higher degree than the First or Second did, obviously,
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Feudal Bulgaria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Feudal Bulgaria » Thu May 23, 2019 4:42 am

Little Tin Hat wrote:was going to call this thread -What did the Romans Nazis do for us? - but the coding doesn't permit it.

I channel hopped onto a documentary on Thalidomide and it was developed by scientists from the Nazi era(not surprising considering the timeframe) - at lest one worked in the regime/death camps.

This triggered this thread as I think it might make an interesting discussion. If you wanted you could stretch back to the 1st World War as Hitler wouldn't have taken over a party who's politics weren't anything like they turned into.

Scientific development was accelerated in jet engines and aircraft - Heinkel He 178
rocketry-satellites, man on the moon, hubble
medicine/chemistry- (unbethical)eugenic studies expanded knowledge
radar
(drumroll) computing

Socially- The EU, Nato, the creation of Israel(and ongoing problems), motorways, the modern olympics, expansion of communism, welfare state in uk

There must be more, but hopefully this provides something to get your teeth into.

For my country they gave us our teritory in dobrudja from the romanians(they took it in ww1).so in my country there is no hate.on them except from the commies and sometimes there.is litllee support from various people but not the institutions.

Previous

Return to General