NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control III - the Gunnening

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gun Control n Stuff - Only 2 Options Pick Carefully

If my neighbors dog craps on my lawn I have a god-given right to respond with the use of force up to and including recreational nuclear warheads
643
50%
Guns are literally the embodiment of all evil ever created by mankind, and when the last gun is finally destroyed the entire world will be at peace
210
16%
I'm lame and choose not to use a poll with wild stereotypes about both sides because I'm lame
424
33%
 
Total votes : 1277

User avatar
Mystic Warriors
Minister
 
Posts: 3180
Founded: May 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:20 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Mystic Warriors wrote:


I noticed you cut out the part where I said I wasn't staying here forever. This states laws mean jack shit to me. The laws of the state I am going to do


Because that part wasn't relevant.

Also, by chance would you mind telling the class how you know I don't work in the gun industry? Because literally everyone on this site, even the people who really don't like me, will tell you I do. I have for a number of years now. I run a small LLC and yeah it's nothing mind boggling but it's not a secret that I work with guns.




It was relevant. You took issue with me wanting to buy am AR15, going on about how I couldn't. I corrected you. It was related to something you said, so relevant. I dont care about this states gun laws.



FYI, I dont trust anyone. I dont believe you because I never seen any evidence. It's not personal, I do it to everyone.



Let get back on track, I didn't instead it to go where it has gone. I am assuming NY has similar gun laws as California. Honestly, I haven't looked.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59226
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:28 am

Mystic Warriors wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Because that part wasn't relevant.

Also, by chance would you mind telling the class how you know I don't work in the gun industry? Because literally everyone on this site, even the people who really don't like me, will tell you I do. I have for a number of years now. I run a small LLC and yeah it's nothing mind boggling but it's not a secret that I work with guns.




It was relevant. You took issue with me wanting to buy am AR15, going on about how I couldn't. I corrected you. It was related to something you said, so relevant. I dont care about this states gun laws.



FYI, I dont trust anyone. I dont believe you because I never seen any evidence. It's not personal, I do it to everyone.



Let get back on track, I didn't instead it to go where it has gone. I am assuming NY has similar gun laws as California. Honestly, I haven't looked.


You're gonna be SOL on AR pistols in New York too, while the state has better laws than California because it doesn't have a roster handguns still have to comply with a bunch of nonsensical laws and AR pistols would violate state laws by having:

A detachable magazine
A magazine outside of the grip
An unloaded weight of 50 ounces (for comparison that comes out to about 3 pounds and most AR pistols are gonna be closer to 5ish)
And because they could argue an AR is a semi-auto version of the M-16

tl;dr avoid blue states if you wanna own guns, unless you're an FFL cuz then you can Form 2 your way out of any law
National Communist, anti-imperialist, political junkie, defense analysis fanatic, polytheist
LeftValues results
https://classunity.org/

User avatar
Mystic Warriors
Minister
 
Posts: 3180
Founded: May 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:56 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Mystic Warriors wrote:


It was relevant. You took issue with me wanting to buy am AR15, going on about how I couldn't. I corrected you. It was related to something you said, so relevant. I dont care about this states gun laws.



FYI, I dont trust anyone. I dont believe you because I never seen any evidence. It's not personal, I do it to everyone.



Let get back on track, I didn't instead it to go where it has gone. I am assuming NY has similar gun laws as California. Honestly, I haven't looked.


You're gonna be SOL on AR pistols in New York too, while the state has better laws than California because it doesn't have a roster handguns still have to comply with a bunch of nonsensical laws and AR pistols would violate state laws by having:

A detachable magazine
A magazine outside of the grip
An unloaded weight of 50 ounces (for comparison that comes out to about 3 pounds and most AR pistols are gonna be closer to 5ish)
And because they could argue an AR is a semi-auto version of the M-16

tl;dr avoid blue states if you wanna own guns, unless you're an FFL cuz then you can Form 2 your way out of any law




Damn. Shopping around I had a number of places. Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas. Cost of living is better and my job has branches there. From my looking they are pretty lax on guns. Unless I missed something.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

User avatar
Valgora
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6621
Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Valgora » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:21 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:It's not a mistake that the ATF said bumpstocks are okay at least 3 times. If the recoil pushed the gun forward on it's own (something ATF has explicitly said is illegal btw, so you can't put a spring in the stock to do that) it would be illegal under the precedent laid out in 81-4.

This is purely a PR move by the Trump admin but it's going to die in court.

e: also the worst part about the rules change is now hundreds of thousands, and potentially a million or more, Americans were turned into felons overnight with no way to change that because they can't register the bumpstocks under the NFA so you're fucked if you try to do it because you'll just be admitting you're a felon to the agency meant to arrest you and if you don't you're committing a serious crime. This is all sorts of fucked up on the legal end and they haven't even said what people should do yet.


Wait?
So if you own something that becomes something under the NFA you can't register it?
I thought you could because that was happened to owners of the Street Sweeper when it became a "destructive device" - the ATF sent owners a message that they had to register or surrender their guns, but they didn't have to pay transfer taxes to register it.
Libertarian Syndicalist
Not state capitalist

MT+FanT+some PMT
Multi-species.
Current gov't:
Founded 2023
Currently 2027

DISREGARD NS STATS
Link to factbooks-Forum Factbook-Q&A-Embassy
The Reverend Tim
Ordained Dudeist Priest
IRL Me
Luxemburgist/Syndicalist, brony, metalhead
Valgora =+/-IRL views
8 Values

Pro - Socialism/communism, Palestine, space exploration, left libertarianism, BLM, Gun Rights, LGBTQ, Industrial Hemp
Anti - Trump, Hillary, capitalism, authoritarianism, Gun Control, Police, UN, electric cars, Automation of the workforce
Sometimes, I like to think of myself as the Commie version of Dale Gribble.

User avatar
Len Hyet
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11740
Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Len Hyet » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:18 am

Valgora wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:It's not a mistake that the ATF said bumpstocks are okay at least 3 times. If the recoil pushed the gun forward on it's own (something ATF has explicitly said is illegal btw, so you can't put a spring in the stock to do that) it would be illegal under the precedent laid out in 81-4.

This is purely a PR move by the Trump admin but it's going to die in court.

e: also the worst part about the rules change is now hundreds of thousands, and potentially a million or more, Americans were turned into felons overnight with no way to change that because they can't register the bumpstocks under the NFA so you're fucked if you try to do it because you'll just be admitting you're a felon to the agency meant to arrest you and if you don't you're committing a serious crime. This is all sorts of fucked up on the legal end and they haven't even said what people should do yet.


Wait?
So if you own something that becomes something under the NFA you can't register it?
I thought you could because that was happened to owners of the Street Sweeper when it became a "destructive device" - the ATF sent owners a message that they had to register or surrender their guns, but they didn't have to pay transfer taxes to register it.

For certain things post-86 the ATF has re-opened the registry specifically for those items (eg lightning links). However this noticed provided for no such opportunity.
=][=

User avatar
Big Jim P
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55306
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:24 am

Mystic Warriors wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
You're gonna be SOL on AR pistols in New York too, while the state has better laws than California because it doesn't have a roster handguns still have to comply with a bunch of nonsensical laws and AR pistols would violate state laws by having:

A detachable magazine
A magazine outside of the grip
An unloaded weight of 50 ounces (for comparison that comes out to about 3 pounds and most AR pistols are gonna be closer to 5ish)
And because they could argue an AR is a semi-auto version of the M-16

tl;dr avoid blue states if you wanna own guns, unless you're an FFL cuz then you can Form 2 your way out of any law




Damn. Shopping around I had a number of places. Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas. Cost of living is better and my job has branches there. From my looking they are pretty lax on guns. Unless I missed something.


Texas gun laws are almost reasonable, but I doubt you'd like it here.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

User avatar
Big Jim P
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55306
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:36 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:There are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous people.


To anyone with the proper training and/or mindset, almost anything can be used as a weapon.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

User avatar
Valgora
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6621
Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Valgora » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:38 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:There are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous people.


To anyone with the proper training and/or mindset, almost anything can be used as a weapon.


https://youtu.be/GT69z_eXElI?t=148
Libertarian Syndicalist
Not state capitalist

MT+FanT+some PMT
Multi-species.
Current gov't:
Founded 2023
Currently 2027

DISREGARD NS STATS
Link to factbooks-Forum Factbook-Q&A-Embassy
The Reverend Tim
Ordained Dudeist Priest
IRL Me
Luxemburgist/Syndicalist, brony, metalhead
Valgora =+/-IRL views
8 Values

Pro - Socialism/communism, Palestine, space exploration, left libertarianism, BLM, Gun Rights, LGBTQ, Industrial Hemp
Anti - Trump, Hillary, capitalism, authoritarianism, Gun Control, Police, UN, electric cars, Automation of the workforce
Sometimes, I like to think of myself as the Commie version of Dale Gribble.

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 69820
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:40 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:There are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous people.


To anyone with the proper training and/or mindset, almost anything can be used as a weapon.


Indeed. My old master used to train commandos. Uhm? We just agreed on something. :shock:

Oh and Pax? How many children have you let play with loaded guns?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Big Jim P
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55306
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:05 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
To anyone with the proper training and/or mindset, almost anything can be used as a weapon.


Indeed. My old master used to train commandos. Uhm? We just agreed on something. :shock:

Oh and Pax? How many children have you let play with loaded guns?


I've never noted as to whether we are often in agreement or at odds.

Oh, and I (and my siblings) often "played" with loaded guns as children. We've been shooting since we were physically strong enough to hold a rifle. Somewhere between four and six.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15721
Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:17 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
To anyone with the proper training and/or mindset, almost anything can be used as a weapon.


Indeed. My old master used to train commandos. Uhm? We just agreed on something. :shock:

Oh and Pax? How many children have you let play with loaded guns?

None. I'm safety conscious.
The Internet killed gun control.
Profile
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 69820
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:32 am

Big Jim P wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Indeed. My old master used to train commandos. Uhm? We just agreed on something. :shock:

Oh and Pax? How many children have you let play with loaded guns?


I've never noted as to whether we are often in agreement or at odds.

Oh, and I (and my siblings) often "played" with loaded guns as children. We've been shooting since we were physically strong enough to hold a rifle. Somewhere between four and six.


Oh the point was weapons are dangerous. You went without supervision? I didn't but then again I was distructo boy. My introduction was a shotgun. Don't remember what it was only that it had two barrels. The running gag my cousins was to kind of forget to mention something about the kick. I was knocked on my ass.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Big Jim P
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55306
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:38 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
I've never noted as to whether we are often in agreement or at odds.

Oh, and I (and my siblings) often "played" with loaded guns as children. We've been shooting since we were physically strong enough to hold a rifle. Somewhere between four and six.


Oh the point was weapons are dangerous. You went without supervision? I didn't but then again I was distructo boy. My introduction was a shotgun. Don't remember what it was only that it had two barrels. The running gag my cousins was to kind of forget to mention something about the kick. I was knocked on my ass.


I never said "unsupervised", now did I? We started on .22 rifles. Marlin Model 60 most likely, but that was more than 40 years ago, so I could be wrong.

And yes, weapons are dangerous. That is why the FIRST thing you teach a new shooter (regardless of age) is safety, safety and safety, along with a healthy respect for the weapon and it's capabilities.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15721
Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 am

Big Jim P wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Oh the point was weapons are dangerous. You went without supervision? I didn't but then again I was distructo boy. My introduction was a shotgun. Don't remember what it was only that it had two barrels. The running gag my cousins was to kind of forget to mention something about the kick. I was knocked on my ass.


I never said "unsupervised", now did I? We started on .22 rifles. Marlin Model 60 most likely, but that was more than 40 years ago, so I could be wrong.

And yes, weapons are dangerous. That is why the FIRST thing you teach a new shooter (regardless of age) is safety, safety and safety, along with a healthy respect for the weapon and it's capabilities.

Every gun is loaded, keep the safety on, keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot, and make sure the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction.
The Internet killed gun control.
Profile
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Big Jim P
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 55306
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:12 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
I never said "unsupervised", now did I? We started on .22 rifles. Marlin Model 60 most likely, but that was more than 40 years ago, so I could be wrong.

And yes, weapons are dangerous. That is why the FIRST thing you teach a new shooter (regardless of age) is safety, safety and safety, along with a healthy respect for the weapon and it's capabilities.

Every gun is loaded, keep the safety on, keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot, and make sure the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction.


Yep. I am teaching Roan, and she took the finger off the trigger as common sense. Puts a lot of old time gunners to shame.
Last edited by Big Jim P on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15721
Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:56 am

Big Jim P wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Every gun is loaded, keep the safety on, keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot, and make sure the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction.


Yep. I am teaching Roan, and she took the finger off the trigger as common sense. Puts a lot of old time gunners to shame.

That's good that she did that by instinct. On a related note, one time I was up in Maine, in one of those stores that sells everything. I was with my cousin, down in the gun section. He picked up what I think was a .22, and started pointing it every which way, including my general direction.
That's the problem. People are ignorant about guns and gun safety.
The Internet killed gun control.
Profile
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18668
Founded: May 09, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
Yep. I am teaching Roan, and she took the finger off the trigger as common sense. Puts a lot of old time gunners to shame.

That's good that she did that by instinct. On a related note, one time I was up in Maine, in one of those stores that sells everything. I was with my cousin, down in the gun section. He picked up what I think was a .22, and started pointing it every which way, including my general direction.
That's the problem. People are ignorant about guns and gun safety.

However this is not a reason to restrict guns or who may own them.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15721
Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:13 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:That's good that she did that by instinct. On a related note, one time I was up in Maine, in one of those stores that sells everything. I was with my cousin, down in the gun section. He picked up what I think was a .22, and started pointing it every which way, including my general direction.
That's the problem. People are ignorant about guns and gun safety.

However this is not a reason to restrict guns or who may own them.

Exactly. We need to educate the ignorant. Maybe make firearms safety courses part of school education.
The Internet killed gun control.
Profile
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Valgora
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6621
Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Valgora » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:However this is not a reason to restrict guns or who may own them.

Exactly. We need to educate the ignorant. Maybe make firearms safety courses part of school education.

My school had Outdoor Education as an elective.
Don't know if it is widespread.
Libertarian Syndicalist
Not state capitalist

MT+FanT+some PMT
Multi-species.
Current gov't:
Founded 2023
Currently 2027

DISREGARD NS STATS
Link to factbooks-Forum Factbook-Q&A-Embassy
The Reverend Tim
Ordained Dudeist Priest
IRL Me
Luxemburgist/Syndicalist, brony, metalhead
Valgora =+/-IRL views
8 Values

Pro - Socialism/communism, Palestine, space exploration, left libertarianism, BLM, Gun Rights, LGBTQ, Industrial Hemp
Anti - Trump, Hillary, capitalism, authoritarianism, Gun Control, Police, UN, electric cars, Automation of the workforce
Sometimes, I like to think of myself as the Commie version of Dale Gribble.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15721
Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Valgora wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Exactly. We need to educate the ignorant. Maybe make firearms safety courses part of school education.

My school had Outdoor Education as an elective.
Don't know if it is widespread.

Lucky. Mine didn't. I think it might be certain areas than, which is unfortunate.
The Internet killed gun control.
Profile
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Valgora
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6621
Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Valgora » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Valgora wrote:My school had Outdoor Education as an elective.
Don't know if it is widespread.

Lucky. Mine didn't. I think it might be certain areas than, which is unfortunate.

I live in Arkansas. That may be why we had it.
That and my school did have a lot of money.

We also had a Gun Club thingy at my school that was done through 4-H.
Did that for a year.
Didn't like it though - 6 months with BB guns, then only shotguns and the biggest rifle rounds we used were .22LR.
Also, we always prayed at every meeting for some reason - that got kinda annoying.
Libertarian Syndicalist
Not state capitalist

MT+FanT+some PMT
Multi-species.
Current gov't:
Founded 2023
Currently 2027

DISREGARD NS STATS
Link to factbooks-Forum Factbook-Q&A-Embassy
The Reverend Tim
Ordained Dudeist Priest
IRL Me
Luxemburgist/Syndicalist, brony, metalhead
Valgora =+/-IRL views
8 Values

Pro - Socialism/communism, Palestine, space exploration, left libertarianism, BLM, Gun Rights, LGBTQ, Industrial Hemp
Anti - Trump, Hillary, capitalism, authoritarianism, Gun Control, Police, UN, electric cars, Automation of the workforce
Sometimes, I like to think of myself as the Commie version of Dale Gribble.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15721
Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Valgora wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Lucky. Mine didn't. I think it might be certain areas than, which is unfortunate.

I live in Arkansas. That may be why we had it.
That and my school did have a lot of money.

We also had a Gun Club thingy at my school that was done through 4-H.
Did that for a year.
Didn't like it though - 6 months with BB guns, then only shotguns and the biggest rifle rounds we used were .22LR.
Also, we always prayed at every meeting for some reason - that got kinda annoying.

At least you had it. It must be spread to the rest of the country.
The Internet killed gun control.
Profile
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Valgora
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6621
Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Valgora » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Valgora wrote:I live in Arkansas. That may be why we had it.
That and my school did have a lot of money.

We also had a Gun Club thingy at my school that was done through 4-H.
Did that for a year.
Didn't like it though - 6 months with BB guns, then only shotguns and the biggest rifle rounds we used were .22LR.
Also, we always prayed at every meeting for some reason - that got kinda annoying.

At least you had it. It must be spread to the rest of the country.

I agree.
I'd probably also be fine with making Outdoor Education a required part of education.
Last edited by Valgora on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libertarian Syndicalist
Not state capitalist

MT+FanT+some PMT
Multi-species.
Current gov't:
Founded 2023
Currently 2027

DISREGARD NS STATS
Link to factbooks-Forum Factbook-Q&A-Embassy
The Reverend Tim
Ordained Dudeist Priest
IRL Me
Luxemburgist/Syndicalist, brony, metalhead
Valgora =+/-IRL views
8 Values

Pro - Socialism/communism, Palestine, space exploration, left libertarianism, BLM, Gun Rights, LGBTQ, Industrial Hemp
Anti - Trump, Hillary, capitalism, authoritarianism, Gun Control, Police, UN, electric cars, Automation of the workforce
Sometimes, I like to think of myself as the Commie version of Dale Gribble.

User avatar
Grand Kiwi island
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Kiwi island » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:40 pm

Valgora wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:At least you had it. It must be spread to the rest of the country.

I agree.
I'd probably also be fine with making Outdoor Education a required part of education.

your lucky my JROTC unit in high school only had ceremonial faux-rifles

User avatar
Valgora
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6621
Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Valgora » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Grand Kiwi island wrote:
Valgora wrote:I agree.
I'd probably also be fine with making Outdoor Education a required part of education.

your lucky my JROTC unit in high school only had ceremonial faux-rifles

Why am I lucky?
Were y'all shit with handling firearms?
Libertarian Syndicalist
Not state capitalist

MT+FanT+some PMT
Multi-species.
Current gov't:
Founded 2023
Currently 2027

DISREGARD NS STATS
Link to factbooks-Forum Factbook-Q&A-Embassy
The Reverend Tim
Ordained Dudeist Priest
IRL Me
Luxemburgist/Syndicalist, brony, metalhead
Valgora =+/-IRL views
8 Values

Pro - Socialism/communism, Palestine, space exploration, left libertarianism, BLM, Gun Rights, LGBTQ, Industrial Hemp
Anti - Trump, Hillary, capitalism, authoritarianism, Gun Control, Police, UN, electric cars, Automation of the workforce
Sometimes, I like to think of myself as the Commie version of Dale Gribble.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Altheryn, AtaHana, British Rangoon, Casteno, Cerespasia, Chess Socialism, Google Adsense [Bot], Gran Patria de las Antillas, Greater Britannian Realm, Hirota, Ifreann, Maraganta, Namante, Phaphonies, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, The Lazarene Republic, The Republic of the United Marble Tribes, The Three Rivers Nations, Uan aa Boa, Yhudfg Khanate, Zurkerx

Advertisement

Remove ads