NATION

PASSWORD

Trollnaming in Trans Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Trollnaming in Trans Thread

Postby Luminesa » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:29 pm

viewtopic.php?p=34904230#p34904230

Grenartia calling Tars a troll, instead of reporting him for whatever they say is trolling.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:05 pm

I loomed at them viewtopic.php?p=34907102#p34907102

Thanks for the report.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:15 pm

Jakker wrote:I loomed at them viewtopic.php?p=34907102#p34907102

Thanks for the report.

No prob! Uhhhhh...

*Leaves a giant stuffed dog plushie.*
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:36 pm

Jakker wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
I'm sorry that my personal life doesn't allow me to respond to your blatant trolling on your time.

The exchange between you two is getting fairly heated, so I'd recommend you two being mindful to not letting things escalate further. Furthermore, if you suspect someone is trolling in the general sense, might make sense to ignore them. If they are trolling in the against forum rules sense, report it.

I'd like a second opinion, please. All of the precedent I'm aware of is that saying somebody is trolling is only actionable when it is posted in isolation, when nothing else of substance is being said.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:39 pm

viewtopic.php?p=34912380#p34912380

Somewhere in this loooooong post Gren continues to call-out Tars for “concern trolling”, without reporting him for apparent “trolling”.
-Alan Jackson

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:45 pm

Luminesa wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=34912380#p34912380

Somewhere in this loooooong post Gren continues to call-out Tars for “concern trolling”, without reporting him for apparent “trolling”.

Again, I thought you had me on your ignore list, Lumi. At this point, I'm starting to think you're maliciously reporting me just to see what you can get to stick.

Also, I'd like to point out that I'm pretty damn certain Moderation wouldn't recognize it as actionable, but unfortunately, there's no better term to describe what I see him doing than "concern trolling".
Last edited by Grenartia on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:13 am

That long post by Gren is not what the trollnaming rule is meant to prevent. That post addressed a variety of points, many of which were on-topic and had substance.

Whether you agree with Gren's arguments is irrelevant. Either way, points were being argued.

As for the "concern trolling"... One man's "concern trolling" is another man's actual concern. Even if you think it's offensive and misguided, it is still possible that the concern was sincere.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:15 am

USS Monitor wrote:That long post by Gren is not what the trollnaming rule is meant to prevent. That post addressed a variety of points, many of which were on-topic and had substance.

Whether you agree with Gren's arguments is irrelevant. Either way, points were being argued.

As for the "concern trolling"... One man's "concern trolling" is another man's actual concern. Even if you think it's offensive and misguided, it is still possible that the concern was sincere.

Thank you Monitor. And yes, I foresaw a mod saying that about concern trolling. However, again, I can't think of any better term for it than that. As Moderation knows, no degree of sincerity is a defense for trolling.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:17 am

USS Monitor wrote:That long post by Gren is not what the trollnaming rule is meant to prevent. That post addressed a variety of points, many of which were on-topic and had substance.

I wasn’t addressing those in particular, it was a specific line I probably should have bolded. Not as a way of saying, “Gosh that boat can’t read,” but because Gren did write a lot. I didn’t necessarily agree with their points, no, but that wasn’t my concern, nor was I looking to report them based on whatever valid points they made.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:18 am

Grenartia wrote:

Thank you Monitor. And yes, I foresaw a mod saying that about concern trolling. However, again, I can't think of any better term for it than that. As Moderation knows, no degree of sincerity is a defense for trolling.

She just said it’s not concern-trolling and explained why.
-Alan Jackson

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:27 am

Luminesa wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

She just said it’s not concern-trolling and explained why.

I know. I wasn't arguing with her. I simply clarified why I called it concern trolling, and why sincerity doesn't matter to why I call something concern trolling.

I entirely recognize that it isn't actionable trolling by Moderation's standards. But it is by mine, and Max has stated he wants terrible ideas called out on this site. And keeping me from calling concern trolling what it is (as you're trying to do here) hinders me from calling it out as the terrible idea it is.

Edit: And that's as far as I'm going to continue spamming Moderation to respond to you. If you'd like to dispute this further, you can unblock me from your TG box.
Last edited by Grenartia on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:02 am

Lumi, you reported the use of the phrase "concern trolling." In the context of that post, it is not actionable.

If there is nothing further to report, you guys can take the debate back to NSG.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:22 am

USS Monitor wrote:Lumi, you reported the use of the phrase "concern trolling." In the context of that post, it is not actionable.

If there is nothing further to report, you guys can take the debate back to NSG.

Right. Uhhh I probably need to sleep soon. Thanks for the report.
-Alan Jackson

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:39 am

Tungustan wrote:
Have a nice day.

Bog standard trollposting from the same thread.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:31 am

National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation