NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Summer Summed Up Sumptuously

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 114401
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:18 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:Have you guys ever heard of Oddka? It's... special vodka.

Look at this shit:

Image

It'll make you feel bad about the world.

Fresh-cut grass? I like the smell but the taste? I dunno. They are clever flavor choices, I will say. And give that all vodka really tastes like is alcohol, why not?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

User avatar
New haven america
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49100
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New haven america » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:If we're going to talk about things to not do

I recommend not drinking half a bottle of tequila in one night

No ... still, Mark Twain said that when he arrived in San Francisco he had a terrible head cold and a woman at his hotel recommended he drink a quart of whiskey every twenty-four hours. Then another friend recommended the same thing, which made half a gallon ...

Rookie numbers.
Last edited by New haven america on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2026

That's all folks~

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13346
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:If we're going to talk about things to not do

I recommend not drinking half a bottle of tequila in one night

No ... still, Mark Twain said that when he arrived in San Francisco he had a terrible head cold and a woman at his hotel recommended he drink a quart of whiskey every twenty-four hours. Then another friend recommended the same thing, which made half a gallon ...

I mean, you can't have a head cold if you're dead!
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 114401
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:18 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:No ... still, Mark Twain said that when he arrived in San Francisco he had a terrible head cold and a woman at his hotel recommended he drink a quart of whiskey every twenty-four hours. Then another friend recommended the same thing, which made half a gallon ...

I mean, you can't have a head cold if you're dead!

:p
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13346
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The South Falls wrote:I mean, you can't have a head cold if you're dead!

:p

Bullseye. The first in a long time...
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 138142
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Kannap wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Surprisingly enough though you are right. DC to silver spring doesn't go towards baltimore.


Googled it and DC to Silver Spring doesn't, but Jolthig was in Chicago at some point catching a bus and - sure enough - Google says the greyhound takes the long way through Baltimore and Washington, D.C. before one can get to Silver Spring.

Transportation is rarely efficient.

That is a long assed bus ride.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 114401
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:31 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Googled it and DC to Silver Spring doesn't, but Jolthig was in Chicago at some point catching a bus and - sure enough - Google says the greyhound takes the long way through Baltimore and Washington, D.C. before one can get to Silver Spring.

Transportation is rarely efficient.

That is a long assed bus ride.

Not as bad as the one Red takes at the end of The Shawshank Redemption, Maine to the Rio Grande and then on to Zihuatanejo. Oh, and the Pacific is as blue as it's been in your dreams.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 138142
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:That is a long assed bus ride.

Not as bad as the one Red takes at the end of The Shawshank Redemption, Maine to the Rio Grande and then on to Zihuatanejo. Oh, and the Pacific is as blue as it's been in your dreams.

You know, I never saw that movie.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13346
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Googled it and DC to Silver Spring doesn't, but Jolthig was in Chicago at some point catching a bus and - sure enough - Google says the greyhound takes the long way through Baltimore and Washington, D.C. before one can get to Silver Spring.

Transportation is rarely efficient.

That is a long assed bus ride.

The bus does, in fact, have a very long ass.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Greater Loralia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 375
Founded: Sep 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loralia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:35 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:That is a long assed bus ride.

The bus does, in fact, have a very long ass.


oof.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 114401
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Not as bad as the one Red takes at the end of The Shawshank Redemption, Maine to the Rio Grande and then on to Zihuatanejo. Oh, and the Pacific is as blue as it's been in your dreams.

You know, I never saw that movie.

You should, it's quite good. Watch it without commercials, if you can. The story, "Rita Hayward and the Shawshank Redemption," is in Stephen King's collection of novellas, Different Seasons. Three of the novellas have been filmed, too, Shawshank, Apt Pupil, and The Body.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kannap » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Googled it and DC to Silver Spring doesn't, but Jolthig was in Chicago at some point catching a bus and - sure enough - Google says the greyhound takes the long way through Baltimore and Washington, D.C. before one can get to Silver Spring.

Transportation is rarely efficient.

That is a long assed bus ride.


Should've taken an airplane.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
Greater Loralia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 375
Founded: Sep 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loralia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Farnerdia :P

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kannap » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:41 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:That is a long assed bus ride.

The bus does, in fact, have a very long ass.


I always knew it.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kannap » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Greater Loralia wrote:Farnerdia :P


I'll have you know nerds taste great.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
Greater Loralia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 375
Founded: Sep 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loralia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Kannap wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:That is a long assed bus ride.


Should've taken an airplane.


bus rides are cheaper, right?

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13346
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:43 pm

Kannap wrote:
The South Falls wrote:The bus does, in fact, have a very long ass.


I always knew it.

It's very vocal about it.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kannap » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:12 pm

Greater Loralia wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Should've taken an airplane.


bus rides are cheaper, right?


If only because the inconvenience and pain of sitting so long. My butt hurts just thinking about sitting that long.
Last edited by Kannap on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kannap » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:13 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Kannap wrote:
I always knew it.

It's very vocal about it.


Is it?
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13346
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Kannap wrote:
The South Falls wrote:It's very vocal about it.


Is it?

What did you think those honks were for?
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kannap » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:22 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Is it?

What did you think those honks were for?


I thought the driver was just angry at the other shitty drivers on the road.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 114401
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Kannap wrote:
The South Falls wrote:What did you think those honks were for?


I thought the driver was just angry at the other shitty drivers on the road.

So ... what? Long-distance buses are honkies?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13346
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Kannap wrote:
The South Falls wrote:What did you think those honks were for?


I thought the driver was just angry at the other shitty drivers on the road.

The driver has never been in control.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
Greater Loralia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 375
Founded: Sep 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loralia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:25 pm

uhm...

please. buses are innocent :(

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 67957
Founded: May 07, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kannap » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:25 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Kannap wrote:
I thought the driver was just angry at the other shitty drivers on the road.

The driver has never been in control.


This post carries negative energy.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
28 years old, gay demisexual, they/them atheist, South Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Political Voting Record

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads