NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A royal Dilemma (working title)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Oppermenia
Minister

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] A royal Dilemma (working title)

Postby Oppermenia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:16 pm

[title] A royal Dilemma (working title)
[validity] must have immigration
[desc] Earlier in the year, the nation of Maxtopia abolished its monarchy and its nobility, and exiled its royal family. A month later, they came flooding the border, seeking refuge in @@NAME@@. Now, though, they want their recognition back.
[option 1] "All we want is recognition!" pleads Barry, former Maxtopian Prince. "Before, we had titles, money, and an estate; heck, even castles! But then, they just take that all away?! That isn't right. I don't care we were exiled. But pushing us out of our homes, and taking our money, everything from us, just like that?! Please, @@LEADER@@. I implore you to give us the titles that were stolen from us by those Maxtopians! And, give us the royal recognition we deserve!"
[fallout] Anyone that wants to be called Prince or Princess simply has to ask.
[option 2] "I'm sorry, but that's not my problem," spouts @@RANDOMNAMEMALE, who proceeds to spit. "Don't listen to them, @@LEADER@@. It's not our problem. Whatever dispute they have is with Maxtopia, so it should stay that way. And besides, if we just go on giving royal titles to everyone that asks, then we'll have most of the nation calling themselves Prince or Princess! And, nobody wants that."
[fallout] - - WIP - - Former royals trade their old crowns to put food on their plates.
[option 3] "Don't listen to them, @@LEADER@@!" pleads Max, former Maxtopian King. "Listen, the new Maxtopian government took everything from me - I mean, us. Our titles, our estates, our money, our home … all gone! Please, we need you to get involved, but we need more than titles from you. We need justice! Help us retake the Maxtopian throne, and I promise Maxtopia will compensate you for your good deed once this is over."
[fallout] WIP
[option 3] "Hmm, this gives me an idea!" shouts @@RANDOMNAME@@, your closest advisor. "We couldn't give the Maxtopian @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ royal titles, because they're not our royal family. But, how about we get our own? Think about it! Having a monarchy could increase national pride and morale, and bring more stability to our government! The government might topple, but then our Monarch might still be there to bring the nation together. Heck, we could even make you the Monarch, @@LEADER@@." @@HE@@ oddly drops on one knee and kneels to you. "All hail @@LEADER@@!"
[validity] must not have monarchy policy
[fallout] - - WIP - -
[option 4] "No!" spouts @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Culture. "We can't have a monarchy in our government, that would mess up the whole system! I have a better idea. They talk about national pride and morale, right? Well, why don't we install a figurehead monarchy? That way, we get the benefits of a monarchy without presenting any constitutional crisis. And c'mon, wouldn't it be cool to have a Monarch open Cabinet meetings?"
[validity] must not have monarchy
[fallout] Mutton sales have gone up recently after the Monarch was seen eating some.
[option 5] "You know what?" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, your top military advisor. "Maxtopia just sent their problems right to us! Well, I'm not having it! We need to force Maxtopia to stop sending us their problems and take their royals back, even if it means war!"
[fallout] @@NAME@@'s government considers a country's royals coming to @@NAME@@ a war crime.

Hi, this is a work in progress, as I've said. I mainly need work on the fallouts and title, but I could use constructive criticism on the issue as a whole.
Last edited by Oppermenia on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stick to the pack, and the pack will provide."
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
If you cross us, however, then as a pack, we will hunt you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Krogon
Envoy

Founded: May 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krogon » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Seems very similar to an existing issue. Quite frankly enough to provide overlap. Try a new issue, you seem to be a good writer.

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Krogon wrote:Seems very similar to an existing issue. Quite frankly enough to provide overlap. Try a new issue, you seem to be a good writer.

Alright, I’ll try.
Really, though, I just wrote this issue to write an issue about a monarchy.
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:29 pm

So, maybe someone could look at this?
I mean, it is similar to things that happen in real life. Prince Phillip was a Greek/Danish Prince, until he was exiled to the UK.
Don't underestimate us.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Why are they pestering you to recognize them, but not to help them reclaim the Maxtopian throne?
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:41 pm

USS Monitor wrote:Why are they pestering you to recognize them, but not to help them reclaim the Maxtopian throne?

True.
Don't underestimate us.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:21 am

Okay let's start here:

[desc] Earlier in the year, the nation of Maxtopia abolished its monarchy and its nobility, and exiled its royal family. A month later, they came flooding the border, seeking refuge in @@NAME@@. Now, though, they want their recognition back.

This premise is enough to stop the issue passing at present, without needing to read any further.

You need to get some clarity in the language. How can a royal family "flood the border". Why are they seeking refuge in @@NAME@@? Even if they do, why is the shape of government in Maxtopia any business of my nation? Why do they want our recognition?

Likewise, this narrative isn't one that lends itself to repetition. It's hard to imagine the same situation could come up again. This isn't a dealbreaker, but there's shades of grey here,and I'd suggest creating a narrative that strains disbelief less on issue repetition.

All in all, this issue is a non-starter at present. You need to get the core premise right before we can even start on the options.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:43 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Okay let's start here:

This premise is enough to stop the issue passing at present, without needing to read any further.

You need to get some clarity in the language. How can a royal family "flood the border". Why are they seeking refuge in @@NAME@@? Even if they do, why is the shape of government in Maxtopia any business of my nation? Why do they want our recognition?

Likewise, this narrative isn't one that lends itself to repetition. It's hard to imagine the same situation could come up again. This isn't a dealbreaker, but there's shades of grey here,and I'd suggest creating a narrative that strains disbelief less on issue repetition.

All in all, this issue is a non-starter at present. You need to get the core premise right before we can even start on the options.

Alright, thanks.
Don't underestimate us.

Sefy the Great
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sefy the Great » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:47 am

it's got a nice premise to it. it might be even better if you add a little thing in there that shows if you have a monarchy/feudal system yourself, to... appeal to both sides, maybe? i dunno. good issue, nonetheless.
A 12.7 civilization, according to this index.

Motto is "All shall be well, and all matter of things shall be well." but it didn't fit.
reworking history, please wait...

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:22 am

But they are royalty. Decomissioned royalty is still royalty
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:38 am

How can you not care about being exiled but be upset about losing your home?
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?