NATION

PASSWORD

The Legacy of the Tournament of Champions (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:20 am

Accepted.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:17 am

I have finished writing about the twelve regions plus Champion Colusseum. Next, I'll write up some info about important NPCs in the third post.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Olthar wrote:I have finished writing about the twelve regions plus Champion Colusseum. Next, I'll write up some info about important NPCs in the third post.

I have done this thing. Well, somewhat. I've done some of them, but now I need a break.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Character Name: Winthrop Eddleton, Ex-Grand Admiral of Her Solar Majesty’s Etheric Fleet, Scion of the Court Imperial, Duke of Eddleton, Arch-Fabricant of the Dessicated Machine Empire of Mechina-Golar, Voidspeaker, Forgebound of the Mountain’s Heart, Doombearer, Maker-Progenitor of the Agaladrim, Von Neumann’s Heir, Wolf-Lord of the Frozen Wastes, Orator of the Apocalypse, Scourge of Numismita and Thrawn B7, Man of a World Without Men, Defiler of Ancients and Innocents, Yggdrasil’s Champion, The One Who Wakes, Master Reanimationist, The Broken-But-Whole, Bearer of Pretentious Titles, and so on, and so on.
Faction: Mechana (sure)

Stats:
Offense:
Defense: 7
Speed: 2
Special: 0

Talents:
Supernatural Mechanist (2)
Living Metal (3)

Equipment:
The Cane of the Imperial | A richly inlaid walking stick of deepest ebony wood, its provenance is unknown, but it's history is evident. An heirloom of the House of Eddleton, it has been passed down from generation to generation, coming to Winthrop on his sixteenth birthday as a sign of the heir of the House. It is topped in a Damascene steel wolf snarling, the symbol of the House, forged from the metal of melted Ottomite blades. The sturdy wood of the cane has proven unbreakable by many dire forces over the years, and it is a formidable close combat weapon when wielded with strength. During Winthrop's tenure it has been modified to incorporate an exotic projectile device issuing from the lower end of the black shaft, one which throws molten lead at a speed that can take off heads or limbs at medium range. Exactly how it functions Winthrop can't recall, for he has never had to reload it nor found it to misfire, despite being fouled with grass, dirt, and even through a locked vault door. It is technology of a different age, an age of space and insane entertainment squids.
The Void-Speaker | An odd weapon, a projectile gun many times more powerful than the bolt-action rifles of Pagalia, when Winthrop was summoned to this world he bore it aloft. As large as a normal man's torso, an odd device that belches smoke and flame at irregular intervals, the Void-Speaker is a horrifying weapon that gives even the most hardened of assailants pause. Maybe magic, maybe mundane, it is rumored it is powered by the worship of mechanical beings from another time and place, an Aspect of potentially terrible power. The searing bolts of crimson it throws at the Scion's touch can rend head from body, and body from existence of even the most dangerous beasts. The sound of its firing is the wail of a hundred thousand damned souls, and a whispered Altamont.
Sally | A body-suit of living metal bonded to the Hierarch's corporeal form. Rumored to have once been the body of a lover, or a thousand pieces of those the Orator has laid low. Emits intermittent bursts of steam and flame, but is shod in a silken waistcoat and long dapper slacks.

Personality: Callous, insane, bloodthirsty, megalomaniacal, ordered, obsessive, cruel, private, sociopathic, gregarious, volatile. All are words that have been applied to Winthrop-Who-Walks at one time or another.
Backstory: Little is known of how the Orator walked before his summoning, but he first manifested in Contessa in the heart of a government academy that dabbled in the occult and the doors between worlds. The result of an experiment, he appeared one day and was quite put out, immediately critiquing the methods of the summoning naturalists. Two days later that facility was destroyed in the so-called Rasimov Event, and Winthrop was left as the sole survivor. Moving for a time in the high society, he eventually grew bored and sojourned across the many lands before winding up at the Tournament.

And it was foretold that the Devourer shall ride again on the Winds of Time.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:57 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Character Name: Winthrop Eddleton, Ex-Grand Admiral of Her Solar Majesty’s Etheric Fleet, Scion of the Court Imperial, Duke of Eddleton, Arch-Fabricant of the Dessicated Machine Empire of Mechina-Golar, Voidspeaker, Forgebound of the Mountain’s Heart, Doombearer, Maker-Progenitor of the Agaladrim, Von Neumann’s Heir, Wolf-Lord of the Frozen Wastes, Orator of the Apocalypse, Scourge of Numismita and Thrawn B7, Man of a World Without Men, Defiler of Ancients and Innocents, Yggdrasil’s Champion, The One Who Wakes, Master Reanimationist, The Broken-But-Whole, Bearer of Pretentious Titles, and so on, and so on.
Faction: Mechana (sure)

Stats:
Offense:
Defense: 7
Speed: 2
Special: 0

Talents:
Supernatural Mechanist (2)
Living Metal (3)

Equipment:
The Cane of the Imperial | A richly inlaid walking stick of deepest ebony wood, its provenance is unknown, but it's history is evident. An heirloom of the House of Eddleton, it has been passed down from generation to generation, coming to Winthrop on his sixteenth birthday as a sign of the heir of the House. It is topped in a Damascene steel wolf snarling, the symbol of the House, forged from the metal of melted Ottomite blades. The sturdy wood of the cane has proven unbreakable by many dire forces over the years, and it is a formidable close combat weapon when wielded with strength. During Winthrop's tenure it has been modified to incorporate an exotic projectile device issuing from the lower end of the black shaft, one which throws molten lead at a speed that can take off heads or limbs at medium range. Exactly how it functions Winthrop can't recall, for he has never had to reload it nor found it to misfire, despite being fouled with grass, dirt, and even through a locked vault door. It is technology of a different age, an age of space and insane entertainment squids.
The Void-Speaker | An odd weapon, a projectile gun many times more powerful than the bolt-action rifles of Pagalia, when Winthrop was summoned to this world he bore it aloft. As large as a normal man's torso, an odd device that belches smoke and flame at irregular intervals, the Void-Speaker is a horrifying weapon that gives even the most hardened of assailants pause. Maybe magic, maybe mundane, it is rumored it is powered by the worship of mechanical beings from another time and place, an Aspect of potentially terrible power. The searing bolts of crimson it throws at the Scion's touch can rend head from body, and body from existence of even the most dangerous beasts. The sound of its firing is the wail of a hundred thousand damned souls, and a whispered Altamont.
Sally | A body-suit of living metal bonded to the Hierarch's corporeal form. Rumored to have once been the body of a lover, or a thousand pieces of those the Orator has laid low. Emits intermittent bursts of steam and flame, but is shod in a silken waistcoat and long dapper slacks.

Personality: Callous, insane, bloodthirsty, megalomaniacal, ordered, obsessive, cruel, private, sociopathic, gregarious, volatile. All are words that have been applied to Winthrop-Who-Walks at one time or another.
Backstory: Little is known of how the Orator walked before his summoning, but he first manifested in Contessa in the heart of a government academy that dabbled in the occult and the doors between worlds. The result of an experiment, he appeared one day and was quite put out, immediately critiquing the methods of the summoning naturalists. Two days later that facility was destroyed in the so-called Rasimov Event, and Winthrop was left as the sole survivor. Moving for a time in the high society, he eventually grew bored and sojourned across the many lands before winding up at the Tournament.

And it was foretold that the Devourer shall ride again on the Winds of Time.

Accepted, but I'm not sure what kind of talent "living metal" is. What does it do?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Olthar wrote:Accepted, but I'm not sure what kind of talent "living metal" is. What does it do?

Die slowly?

I actually was totally going to go back and work over the talents and stat specs, so I'll have it all written up soonish. No need to accept me so quickly :lol:
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:01 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Olthar wrote:Accepted, but I'm not sure what kind of talent "living metal" is. What does it do?

Die slowly?

I actually was totally going to go back and work over the talents and stat specs, so I'll have it all written up soonish.

Cool.

No need to accept me so quickly :lol:

Meh. I trust you. :P

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:24 pm

McTag

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Tag
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:16 pm

Tagging.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, Olthar, would you consider shapeshifting to be OP?
Last edited by Grenartia on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:35 am

Grenartia wrote:Tagging.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, Olthar, would you consider shapeshifting to be OP?

Depends on what shape you shift into. By default, though, no. Shapeshifters are even listed as examples of monster races.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:51 pm

I have finished writing the stat blocks for the NPCs. Unless I think of something else that needs to be written (or you all tell me something that you think needs to be written), then I guess it's just a matter of waiting for a few more players to sign up before we get this show on the road.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:44 pm

So, I'm interested in being a javelin throwing, beast tracking giant boi. I'm not sure how stats/talents would work.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:57 pm

Danceria wrote:So, I'm interested in being a javelin throwing, beast tracking giant boi. I'm not sure how stats/talents would work.

Stats are your physical characteristics, like your attributes in an rpg. Talents are your specific skills, powers, and abilities.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Olthar wrote:
Danceria wrote:So, I'm interested in being a javelin throwing, beast tracking giant boi. I'm not sure how stats/talents would work.

Stats are your physical characteristics, like your attributes in an rpg. Talents are your specific skills, powers, and abilities.

And I have four points for my talents...
Obligatory Quotes below

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Danceria wrote:
Olthar wrote:Stats are your physical characteristics, like your attributes in an rpg. Talents are your specific skills, powers, and abilities.

And I have four points for my talents...

Yes. Though, you can trade stat points into talent points at a rate of 2 to 1. You may also be granted more stat points during the game.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Olthar wrote:
Danceria wrote:And I have four points for my talents...

Yes. Though, you can trade stat points into talent points at a rate of 2 to 1. You may also be granted more stat points during the game.

*internally screams in indecisiveness*
Obligatory Quotes below

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:20 am

Character Name: Thist
Faction: Ooze

Stats:
Offense:
Defense: 4
Speed: 4
Special: 4

Talents:
Shapeshifting: 4

Equipment: Deez Nuts, a bow and arrow, a hunting knife, and a walking stick.
Personality: Thist is very curious, albeit cautious. They are usually shy and reserved, fearing being discovered to be an ooze, only letting those they trust know. Their most frequent "solidsona" is an elf, due to their more androgynous features, though they also have been known to shift into a few of the other solid factions from time to time, obviously being discreet about it.

Backstory:

Thist used to be an ordinary ooze, just rolling over the terrain of the Eternal Forest and gobbling up whatever animated protein source they came across, until one day they rolled into a human village. Curiosity got the better of them, and they stayed, hiding in various nooks and crannies (or, simply shifting to blend in with their surroundings), observing human customs, and listening to the language. Eventually, they came to be very fluent in human language. One day, while rolling around outside the village, they noticed a human hunting party heading for them. With little time to think and no time to escape, they shifted into the form of a human child.

Shockingly, the ruse worked, and the party believed they were a human. Unexpectedly for Thist, the hunters, fearing for the wellbeing of what they believed to be a child, they took Thist into the village, where they were raised by an infertile woman named Carlotta and her husband Mitch. They were so overjoyed to finally have a child that they didn't even care it was an ooze (after they discovered Thist was an ooze, of course). Carlotta and Mitch were great parents, all things considered. They coached Thist in social skills, kept their secret from the rest of the village, and did all the things good parents are supposed to do. That was 30 years ago. Over time, they moved away, explored the world (and themself), and came back to Carlotta and Mitch's house every year or so, until they started to get infirm. Caring for their adopted parents until the end, Thist decided the best way to honor their memories would be to enter the Tournament. So they did.
Last edited by Grenartia on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:56 am

So, I'd like a few more players before we begin.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:32 am

Olthar wrote:So, I'd like a few more players before we begin.

Gives me some more time to finish my app.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:56 am

Finished my app

Grenartia wrote:Character Name: Thist

Stats:
Offense:

Talents:

Personality: Thist is very curious, albeit cautious. They are usually shy and reserved, fearing being discovered to be an ooze, only letting those they trust know. Their most frequent "solidsona" is an elf, due to their more androgynous features, though they also have been known to shift into a few of the other solid factions from time to time, obviously being discreet about it.

Backstory:

Thist used to be an ordinary ooze, just rolling over the terrain of the Eternal Forest and gobbling up whatever animated protein source they came across, until one day they rolled into a human village. Curiosity got the better of them, and they stayed, hiding in various nooks and crannies (or, simply shifting to blend in with their surroundings), observing human customs, and listening to the language. Eventually, they came to be very fluent in human language. One day, while rolling around outside the village, they noticed a human hunting party heading for them. With little time to think and no time to escape, they shifted into the form of a human child.

Shockingly, the ruse worked, and the party believed they were a human. Unexpectedly for Thist, the hunters, fearing for the wellbeing of what they believed to be a child, they took Thist into the village, where they were raised by an infertile woman named Carlotta and her husband Mitch. They were so overjoyed to finally have a child that they didn't even care it was an ooze (after they discovered Thist was an ooze, of course). Carlotta and Mitch were great parents, all things considered. They coached Thist in social skills, kept their secret from the rest of the village, and did all the things good parents are supposed to do. That was 30 years ago. Over time, they moved away, explored the world (and themself), and came back to Carlotta and Mitch's house every year or so, until they started to get infirm. Caring for their adopted parents until the end, Thist decided the best way to honor their memories would be to enter the Tournament. So they did.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Stats:
Offense:

Talents:

Backstory:

Accepted.

So far, 100% of the players are playing as sexless creatures. I wonder if this is the first time that has ever happened?

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Olthar wrote:

Stats:
Offense:

Talents:

Backstory:

Accepted.

So far, 100% of the players are playing as sexless creatures. I wonder if this is the first time that has ever happened?

I didn't know one became sexless after becoming undead.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily say that about Thist.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Olthar wrote:Accepted.

Anyone who thinks a corpse, animate or not, is a sexual being needs some help. Or has read way too many vampire romance novels.

Oozes are literal collections of slime that don't even reproduce and merely emerge through spontaneous generation. Even the robots are arguably more sexual than that.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:30 pm

Olthar wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Anyone who thinks a corpse, animate or not, is a sexual being needs some help. Or has read way too many vampire romance novels.

Honestly, I thought you were referring to the biologial bits.

Oozes are literal collections of slime that don't even reproduce and merely emerge through spontaneous generation. Even the robots are arguably more sexual than that.

I mean, sure, reproduction is out of the question, but Thist did learn enough social skills to be more sexual than Data.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse