NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:07 am

Tag
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:49 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It's funny to think that DoC started as a steampunk world in my early drafts

Yeah, I keep forgetting about those flying fortresses

And everyone keeps forgetting that there are rifles...mostly you since you said the clergy has most of them and the clergy is pretty exclusively controlled by you.

Well, those are indeed the last remains of the initial drafts - they were both supposed to be steam powered.

So I had to repurpose them. The flying fortresses now are simply stone castles powered by magical artifacts that can float and roughly fly.

And as for the magical rifles, they're still not a product of technological advancement or anything - they're pretty much just primitive arquebuses, and instead of the gun powder that nobody has, there is a small magic crystal in there.

So it's still a product of mages and magicians.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:49 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Tag

Welcome!

If you need any help, feel free to ask
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:53 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Tag

Welcome!

Thanks! I will give the lore a good scanning later today, and will probably ask many questions then.

Other than that, are relics playable out of curiosity? Or are they more of a support role?
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:57 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Welcome!

Thanks! I will give the lore a good scanning later today, and will probably ask many questions then.

Other than that, are relics playable out of curiosity? Or are they more of a support role?

Parts of the lore are still in a WIP state, so feel free to ask any questions!~

Yeah, relics are playable. You might need a master character for them since a relic's powers are significantly limited while without a master, but players can certainly apply for them.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:27 pm

Relic App

Names: Zentaru (or Zen for short), Life Drinker, Great Consumer, Shifrat Alshurb,
Type: Considered Cursed, for a blade that consumes life is a dangerous blade to all.
Sexual Orientation: Previously was heterosexual, but lost care for the opposite sex long ago.
Race: human
Form as an object: A black great-sword carved with green runes on it. Very refined and sharp with only the symbols carved in the sword to allow irregularities.
Form as a being: A fine looking man with black hair, red eyes, and pale skin. Although thin and weak looking he looks quite refined when in his usual formal garb or cloak. Has a shaved black beard.

Position/Status/Affiliation: No master, but always searching.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Drains enemies mana, and increases the user's strength in return.

Personality: A individual who entertains himself with knowledge. Caring little for the world he is in, he is often found trying to learn more about the obscure, and unknown rather than delving into politics or other boring stuff in his eyes. However if there's one thing to rile this rather passive character, it is the thirst for mana.

He finds discomfort in the company of many. Believing that the more people around the more likely they will condemn him for letting himself be consumed by his thirst at times. Rather than deal with condemnation and consequences he prefers to stay as a object, where most can ignore him, and leave him alone. However if he has no master he forces himself to find one, for he can't drink the mana of the living without a master to wield him
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
History:
Zentaru, does not remember how he was made, nor why he thirsts for the mana of the world, but he knew one thing. Mana is a source of pleasure to him. For as long as he remembers while he may not enjoy the act of killing, drinking the last of a individuals mana was by far the world's most pleasurable thing to him. He found as long as he could have that sweet sensation that he could ally himself with the most pious of individuals or the most evil scum on the world. He cared not.

He had forgotten how many hands exchanged his bloody blade, but he knew at some point even a dynasty held his life consuming blade. However one can track the blades history through major factions such as the Cult of Sin, The Scripture of the Evening Star, and etc. Siding with whoever decides to give him the most mana to consume. Dancing a fine tune with the divine being's and their worshipers.

Goals: Expand ones knowledge, feed off of anyone's or anythings mana, and remove his near constant thirst for mana (finds it distracting at times).
Theme Song: N/A

RP Sample: From the New Civilizations RP
Did you read the Rules?: Positive
Miscellaneous:Well known around the world as the "Blade which drinks". If not written at least its name is known through tales.

Has a tendency to contract with the vengeful, for Zentaru believes they spill the blood the most.

Powers:
If the blade cuts a individual, it will consume its mana, by blood or contact itself. It does not consume mana from the handle, to protect the individual who wields him.

Mana Drain is another one of his powers, which consumes a small amount of mana from those around him, with a 20 meter distance, although gathers very little managed can take 2 weeks until adverse affects of mana deficiency start taking its toll on those affected. Does not harm user, although it does not choose between friend or foe.

Consumed mana provides physical strength and speed for the individual, if you can force the sword to provide it. The greedy sword, can allow you to use excess mana, but does not prefer to, since it is the source of the thing he receives bliss from most.

Minor Spells:

There are two minor spells if masterless, The other spell is a blade making spell, creating a black great-sword (a simplistic clone of him, weaker and less durable) from mana, and the second is a spell which consumes left over mana from corpses, to stave off his hunger for mana.

#KBE7TY2IEV
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Every time I come back to NS after hectic periods, I see this RP, and it always tempts me. I’m starting to feel bad with how often I’ve poof’d in the past because of IRL occurences. :lol:

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:41 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Every time I come back to NS after hectic periods, I see this RP, and it always tempts me. I’m starting to feel bad with how often I’ve poof’d in the past because of IRL occurences. :lol:

Well, you'd always be welcome back xD

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:12 am

*notes down Raguneo*

Alright, that place deserves a post when I finally get around to destroying it.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:17 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:*notes down Raguneo*

Raguneo is on the Calarian coast though, closer to Achisia and Duivene than to Anselm

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:22 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:*notes down Raguneo*

Raguneo is on the Calarian coast though, closer to Achisia and Duivene than to Anselm

Hence why I put a finally in there.

That coupled with my posting frequency will make for a post concerning it in...say 3 years?
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:31 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Zentaru (or Zen for short), Life Drinker, Great Consumer, Shifrat Alshurb,

Alright, the app is pretty good overall, but there are some points that I have to discuss.

Firstly, about its powers. How does it drain the mana, specifically? Is it like a passive effect, affecting everyone in a certain radius around him? Does he steal the mana directly, by wounding (so from the blood) of the enemies? Or does he have to kill an enemy in order to get its mana?

Also, relics are able to use magic (though, their powers are limited while in a mortal form, and they can't exactly use their weapon form without a master), but most of them also tend to have one or two characteristic defensive or offensive skills/spells.

As an example, one of the relics played by me, Krypta, mainly has necromancy and soul related powers, but it also uses shadow and fire magic.

The one other thing that I have to mention is that he couldn't have been used by the Paladins, I'm afraid. Their use of griffins stops them from using black magic or cursed relics. However, he could have been used by one of the Scriptures - the Scripture of the Evening Star, as an example.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:20 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Zentaru (or Zen for short), Life Drinker, Great Consumer, Shifrat Alshurb,

Alright, the app is pretty good overall, but there are some points that I have to discuss.

Firstly, about its powers. How does it drain the mana, specifically? Is it like a passive effect, affecting everyone in a certain radius around him? Does he steal the mana directly, by wounding (so from the blood) of the enemies? Or does he have to kill an enemy in order to get its mana?

Also, relics are able to use magic (though, their powers are limited while in a mortal form, and they can't exactly use their weapon form without a master), but most of them also tend to have one or two characteristic defensive or offensive skills/spells.

As an example, one of the relics played by me, Krypta, mainly has necromancy and soul related powers, but it also uses shadow and fire magic.

The one other thing that I have to mention is that he couldn't have been used by the Paladins, I'm afraid. Their use of griffins stops them from using black magic or cursed relics. However, he could have been used by one of the Scriptures - the Scripture of the Evening Star, as an example.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I was thinking that the requirement to cut, would be necessary for major mana draining. Although a passive would be a nice spell related to him, so he can remove his thirst for mana atleast temporarily. Assuming that's a a decent fairly limited spell, unless that's considered to powerful. Other than that it'd be nice to have some minor spells fairly similar to mana draining.

I'll fix the other adnormalities. But it'll have to be done when I have time to change it.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:35 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Relic App

Names: Zentaru (or Zen for short), Life Drinker, Great Consumer, Shifrat Alshurb,
Type: Considered Cursed, for a blade that consumes life is a dangerous blade to all.
Sexual Orientation: Previously was heterosexual, but lost care for the opposite sex long ago.
Race: human
Form as an object: A black great-sword carved with green runes on it. Very refined and sharp with only the symbols carved in the sword to allow irregularities.
Form as a being: A fine looking man with black hair, red eyes, and pale skin. Although thin and weak looking he looks quite refined when in his usual formal garb or cloak.

Position/Status/Affiliation: No master, but always searching.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Drains enemies mana, and increases the user's strength in return.

Personality: A individual who entertains himself with knowledge. Caring little for the world he is in, he is often found trying to learn more about the obscure, and unknown rather than delving into politics or other boring stuff in his eyes. However if there's one thing to rile this rather passive character, it is the thirst for mana.

He finds discomfort in the company of many. Believing that the more people around the more likely they will condemn him for letting himself be consumed by his thirst at times. Rather than deal with condemnation and consequences he prefers to stay as a object, where most can ignore him, and leave him alone. However if he has no master he forces himself to find one, for he can't drink the mana of the living without a master to wield him
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
History:
Zentaru, does not remember how he was made, nor why he thirsts for the mana of the world, but he knew one thing. Mana is a source of pleasure to him. For as long as he remembers while he may not enjoy the act of killing, drinking the last of a individuals mana was by far the world's most pleasurable thing to him. He found as long as he could have that sweet sensation that he could ally himself with the most pious of individuals or the most evil scum on the world. He cared not.

He had forgotten how many hands exchanged his bloody blade, but he knew at some point even a dynasty held his life consuming blade. However one can track the blades history through major factions such as the Cult of Sin, The Scripture of the Evening Star, and etc. Siding with whoever decides to give him the most mana to consume. Dancing a fine tune with the divine being's and their worshipers.

Goals: Expand ones knowledge, feed off of anyone's or anythings mana, and remove his near constant thirst for mana (finds it distracting at times).
Theme Song: N/A

RP Sample: From the New Civilizations RP
Did you read the Rules?: Positive
Miscellaneous:Well known around the world as the "Blade which drinks". If not written at least its name is known through tales.

Has a tendency to contract with the vengeful, for Zentaru believes they spill the blood the most.

Powers:
If the blade cuts a individual, it will consume its mana, by blood or contact itself. It does not consume mana from the handle, to protect the individual who wields him.

Mana Drain is another one of his powers, which consumes a small amount of mana from those around him, with a 20 meter distance, although gathers very little managed can take 2 weeks until adverse affects of mana deficiency start taking its toll on those affected. Does not harm user, although it does not choose between friend or foe.

Consumed mana provides physical strength and speed for the individual, if you can force the sword to provide it. The greedy sword, can allow you to use excess mana, but does not prefer to, since it is the source of the thing he receives bliss from most.

Minor Spells:

There are two minor spells if masterless, The other spell is a blade making spell, creating a black great-sword (a simplistic clone of him, weaker and less durable) from mana, and the second is a spell which consumes left over mana from corpses, to stave off his hunger for mana.

#KBE7TY2IEV

Fixed, also added a bit more in various areas, to add more character.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aellex
Senator

Founded: Apr 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aellex » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:13 am

Post should be on the way soon.
Citoyen Français. Disillusioned Gaulliste. Catholique.

Tombé au champ d'honneur, add 11400 posts.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

RIP Balk, you were too good a shitposter for this site.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Accepted!

Now, for the IC, since we have characters all over the world, there is no unifying big plot. We do have a big event now, affecting all of the world, the Night of the Bloody Moons (a magical event which brings chaos to magic and helps black magic and the forces of darkness during a night once every seven years when one of Lonriel's three moons covers the other two), and pretty much all that is evil is causing chaos during this night, from the Cult of Sins to monsters and vampires.

There are multiple groups of characters and interactions, some closed, some open, and then there are some characters that currently aren't doing anything - so there are many things that you can do.

Do you have anything specific in mind? Finding a master, perhaps?

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:44 pm

I'll work on my post for Arthur later today, I've kinda busy adjusting to college lol

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:20 am

Tracian Empire wrote:

Accepted!

Now, for the IC, since we have characters all over the world, there is no unifying big plot. We do have a big event now, affecting all of the world, the Night of the Bloody Moons (a magical event which brings chaos to magic and helps black magic and the forces of darkness during a night once every seven years when one of Lonriel's three moons covers the other two), and pretty much all that is evil is causing chaos during this night, from the Cult of Sins to monsters and vampires.

There are multiple groups of characters and interactions, some closed, some open, and then there are some characters that currently aren't doing anything - so there are many things that you can do.

Finding a master will be my initial goal, yes. Ensuring the right contract and finding a user is essential for my character. Is there someone around that you think I could perhaps make a contract with?
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:48 am

And the list of accepted characters has been updated for the first time in three months or so.

I'm a great OP, right?

Anyway, the characters of inactive players have been moved to the NPC section, I'll send some messages and TG's and some of them will be removed.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:02 am

*Looks at the list of accepted characters*

"Amarhael Valosaari - Charlia"

Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:15 am

Nea Videssos wrote:*Looks at the list of accepted characters*

"Amarhael Valosaari - Charlia"

I should probably stop working while half-asleep.

Oh well xD

Fixed!
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:41 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:

Accepted!

Finding a master will be my initial goal, yes. Ensuring the right contract and finding a user is essential for my character. Is there someone around that you think I could perhaps make a contract with?

That's a really good question..

Now, theoretically there are certainly a lot of characters that could be potential masters. Zentaru is a cursed relic, which means that he should be used by a character familiar with black magic, or even an outright evil one.

The thing is, many players probably already have their own plans for their characters, so it's up to them whether they want a contract with a cursed relic or not. If needed, I could use one of my own characters, but since I'm also in charge of the plots and generally dealing with the IC, my posting activity is erratic at best. So we should firstly see if there is anyone else interested - I'll ask around, and if you want, you can look at the list of active characters in the OP to see if there is any character that seems promising to you.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Guys...where are we again?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:23 am

Nuridia wrote:Guys...where are we again?

Well, I've already answered to your previous post here. The action in the IC has moved on quite a lot ever since your last posted.

Now, if you want, you can just continue the interactions that you had in the past (though you'd also have to talk with Exil about it - I'm fairly certain that the plot your character was in is dead now). The chronological order of the IC is already kinda mess, with different interactions happening at different points in time, so that wouldn't be an issue.

And if you want to do something else, then it will most likely have to be something related to the Night of the Bloody Moons.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:39 am

I love rushed posts

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse