NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:43 am

He had been off-world when the news broke. Vigilantism outlawed, the appearance of a new threat trying to rile the masses up against them and calling for the Batman, his manor destroyed. He had made the effort to keep up with the headlines in spite of his much more urgent work. When he had first left Gotham, he was receiving updates day to day from Alfred as well as having his suit hooked directly into the local newsfeed in an attempt to micromanage the situation from however afar he went. Eventually this had proved taxing, and with his butler's encouragement had abdicated this duty to Tim.

Still, even with Tim managing proceedings, it had taken him a long time to 'disconnect' himself from events in Gotham. It was not that he thought he could not trust Tim, it was quite the opposite. Of all the proteges that Batman had taken under his wing Tim had proved himself to be the most mature and suitable for a leadership position in Batman's absence, as well as seeming the most capable of dealing with Gotham's constant requirement for a crime-fighter. But it had taken a lot of effort to sit back and not critique Tim from an armchair. It Bruce was hard-pressed into saying a weakness about himself, it would probably be his difficulties when it came to delegating tasks.

He could and would delegate like any good leader, and naturally found himself barking out orders and attack strategies to the other members of the League. But it didn't matter who he was directing or who they were fighting, from Superman to Robin, Joker to Darkseid, he could never fully put his faith in someone else. One dark night as a child in Crime Alley had taught him that the world could be chaotic, and dangerous. And in those moments of need, you couldn't just rely on someone else to protect you and the people you loved - you needed to do that yourself. Faith was nice, and some could take comfort in it. He had enough faith in Tim that he could manage to sleep at night without the constant, harassing thought of Gotham falling to pieces plaguing him for too long. But to have complete and utter blind faith? A wise man once called that the one unpardonable sin.

He tried, he really did, to put off checking the news for as long as possible each time. It had become a compelling experience to follow the Gotham news, flicking through papers and conducting his own investigations on cases of little consequence using the Justice League databases purely for peace of mind. He tried to limit himself to the headlines. If it was all celebrity gossip and vapid garbage - that was a good thing. Nothing of note to report meant that Tim was doing his job. But after a few months or weeks he would relapse into his little habit once more. Batman prided himself on his strong character, his ability to fight off the temptation of addictive substances through sheer force of will alone. But there was one habit that had always gotten the better of him - impossible to willingly give up.

He glanced at his wrist, thinking of Tim and mulled over calling him. He was a smart kid, and he put it at 50/50 whether he was still in his cell or not. But that was too much of a risk. A smart kid like him wouldn't be needing his help just yet anyhow. Although Batman himself was in need of some...

This is the place. A luxury, over-indulgent mansion within the gated community of the Diamond District with a state-of-the-art security system. Oliver Queen, formerly the Green Arrow, had moved to Gotham City more than a decade ago to get himself involved with local charities as well as taking centre stage in the debate over what city government should be doing against its host of resident vigilantes and helping out the mayoral administration on the issue. And of course, as Bruce was aware, the very generous millage rate, Gotham's attempt to encourage land developmemt, did not hurt one bit.

He studied the manor from across the street, checking for a point of access into the building as well as a weak point in the security system. No lights on, his favourite car was absent from the garage, and zero individuals detected in the house. Looked like nobody was hone. Cameras were dotted about the place, but to quickly put one or two on a loop to get inside... that wouldn't be a problem. They wouldn't need to hold up to scratch when being looked back on. A window towards the back with a traditional-style lock was noted, that could be picked. Multiple infared lasers could then blind the sensors on the motion sensor long enough for him to get close and kill its eyes with silicone spray. Then all he needed to do was sit in the dark and wait for his target to return home. Easy.

After a quicky survey he decided to wait in the living room of the fifth floor, skin cells and recent fingerprints suggested that a lot of time was spent there. Across the room he noticed a dartboard, with giant clusters filling the bullseye, treple 19 and 15, and double 12 and 18. Nine-dart finishes. Another dart, from quite recently, was placed slightly off the bullseye. Interesting. On the other side of the room he found a framed photo of a younger, suited Queen shaking hands with what looked to be Ronald Reagan.

While in the process of breaking into his one-time friend's house the idea of simply waiting outside and knocking on the door like a normal individual did occur to him. But then there was every chance that the door would be slammed in his face soon after, and that method denied him the amusement of appearing by surprise. Popping in and out of the dark was a small pleasure he allowed himself.

"Hello Oliver, I found a few problems with your security system."

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:14 am

Deputy

James looked at Penguin as if he were wondering just what he was on about, then it clicked. “Layla?” He asked the girl. Layla kept her expression emotionless. “I’m not his daughter.” She said after some time. It seemed to send some kind of emotional pain through the man. He was so delusional that he’d really come to love Layla as his daughter. “How could you?” She asked, fighting against tears that seemed to battle right back. “She was your wife- she was my mother!”

The scoundrel's expression turned to puzzled confusion. “You thought I killed Helen?”

Layla didn’t buy the act for a single second. “All the evidence pointed to you, you lied about it to the press, to the cops- to me!” Now she was fighting the urge to punch him in the face.

Then, to her surprise, Arthur spoke up. “I was the one who killed your mother.” He said coldly, emotionlessly. “What?” Layla turned on him now.

“Please, you think James could come up with such a plan?” His lips came up at the edges, giving off the faintest smirk. “No, he came crawling to me for help. Helen had threatened to expose him to the authorities even despite his warnings.”

Layla couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She looked over at her father, who’d stuck to avoiding her gaze. “I did what I had to, Layla. She left me no choice.”

“So you have her murdered? What kind of person does that?!” The girl was about to continue when Arthur spoke up. “That’s enough! I don’t have time for this, take care of her.” He motioned for two of the guards to move in on Layla. They approached her, one with a pistol, the other with an assault rifle.

The vigilante quickly readied her batons, striking the one with the rifle in the leg, causing him to fall to his knees. She then swung up at the pistol-wielding guard, causing him to fire off at the ceiling. She swung around and clobbered the downed thug in the back of the head, then proceeded to beat the other one up until he was out cold. Layla rose, panting, and started approaching the three men around the table. Arthur was visibly terrified, having been met with this fury once before. Deputy had spared him then, but now? She wasn’t Batman. Layla wouldn’t hesitate on killing the son of a bitch.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Lizzie's House
Inside the Bathroom

And then…a lot of crazy shit started happening all at once! Lizzie, her expression dead serious, told Clover that she needed a drop of her blood to get away! WTF?!! But, just as Derek expected Lizzie to turn all vampire with fangs sprouting from her mouth, something even more shocking occurred right in front of his eyes! The bleeding girl started to melt! No, that wasn’t right. She started to soften, her features turning mushy and grey, sorta like, Derek hated saying it, but sorta like toe-jam. Lizzie turned into a giant toe-jam monster as Derek watched terrified! The THUMP! he heard right beside him was Marta fainting dead away and hitting the floor. Not that the boy was paying any attention, his eyes were glued on Lizzie or the thing that used to be Lizzie.

While he stood there agog, the Lizzie-thing morphed her hand into a spike, actually more like a needle, and pricked Clover’s finger. A single drop of blood started welling up but as it fell, the tip of the spike-arm caught it in mid-air. And then the Lizzie-thing started changing again, her clay re-shaping and hardening until Derek was staring at two Clovers instead of one. A funny joke about four-leaf clovers popped into his head and he giggled hysterically. I’ve lost it, mate. Throw me in the funny farm, I’ve gone crackers!

Of all of them, Clover held it together the best. The girl was actually calm. Calm enough at least to process what Lizzie was telling her. That she had to get away and they needed to cover for her and that she’d try to meet up at the university. And then she jumped through the friggin’ window! Like right through the glass and everything!

The sound of the crash brought loud stomping feet running up the stairs and headed their way! They didn’t have much time but bugger if Derek knew what to do! Clover grabbed his arm and pulled him to the window. All Derek could do was watch like a zombie case as Clover leaned out the gaping hole that used to be the window. She pulled her head back in as a fist banged on the door.

“OPEN UP IN THERE!!!” Mitchell shouted from outside.

“Okay, this is what we’re gonna do,” Clover started speaking rapidly. She positioned Derek in front of the window. “It’s only the second floor, the ground’s pretty muddy and there are a lot of leaves to break your fall…”

Derek didn’t understand what Clover was babbling about until his brain stuck on the last two words. Wait! FALL?!!

Clover shoved him out the window just as the door smashed into the bathroom. The girl pivoted on a dime, her hands behind her back, a look of complete innocence on her face.

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE?!!” Mitchell demanded to know.

Clover just stared at him, eyes getting wider, saying nothing. And then…”Uhhhh…Marta…” She jabbed a finger at the unconscious girl who was just coming to on the floor. “Marta…had a fit, she gets those you know. Like epilepsy but not really…but kinda? Anyhoo, she had a fit and threw Derek out the window. Yeahhhh…”

“I threw Derek out the window….?” Marta slurred, waking up.

‘Yes. You. Did,” Clover insisted, her eyes boring into Marta’s “You threw Derek out the window and then you fainted from your fit. Right?” Marta hesitated. “Right?” Clover repeated.

“Yeahhh…man, these fits I keep having. I gotta see a doctor or something.” Marta shook her head and picked herself off the floor.

“So,” Mitchell interrogated the girl in green, “Lizzie wasn’t in here with you?”

“Nooooo…” Clover drawled.

Mitchell narrowed his eyes and looked at her suspiciously but Clover just smiled, all innocent-like. The cop gazed at her for another tense moment. “Damnit!” he finally barked and ran down the stairs. The sound of the front door slamming shut and the detective’s car roaring off came to them a minute later.

“We gotta hurry,” Clover told Marta as the other teens and Granny appeared at the bathroom door. “That detective’s gonna be looking for Lizzie! We gotta get to the university fast as we can!” Suddenly, she remembered! Oh my god, Derek! She ran to the window and peered out. “Derek! Are you alright?”

Flat on his back, covered in mud and leaves, Derek stared back up. “Bloody hell…”
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:19 pm

The Penguin

“Bravo, Miss Cromwell, quite a show,” the Penguin applauded, clapping his hands as the heroine approached, not in the least perturbed. “You’re a more troublesome adversary than I anticipated. I’ll have to make a note to deal with you personally at a later date.” He leered at her. “But, for now, I would stop right where you are. Or I’ll be forced to have my business partner,” he gestured at Coyne, “ shoot that very attractive costume of yours full of holes.”

Cobblepot walked out from behind the table, taking a few steps towards Layla but making sure that Coyne still had a clear line of fire. “So, the man you thought of as an uncle murdered your mother in cold blood at the behest of your cowardly father. A little like Hamlet, wouldn’t you say?” He offered her a smile. “Although, my dear, you’ve proven yourself far more capable than that dithering whelp could ever be. Not to mention...far more attractive." He gave her a sly look. "Let’s just hope, that unlike poor Ophelia, you don’t meet a tragic end.”

He stopped about four feet in front of the crimefighter, leaning on his umbrella. “You’ve forced me to close up shop here. A minor setback, the cost of doing business.” He leveled his gaze at her, his expression hardening. “But, I have every intention of safely absconding with my trucks and my merchandise. You see, your erstwhile captors, those two idiot siblings, the Delacroix, warned me that you were coming. Allowed me to make preparations to prevent your interference.”

He grinned like a Cheshire cat. “Even as I speak, Mr. Coyne’s youthful underlings are heading to your place of employment. The Crazy Bean Café, isn’t it? They have orders to take everyone hostage and wait. For now. But youth these days,” Oswald tsk-tsked, “such limited attention spans. So impatient. Who can tell how long before they decide to just kill every single breathing soul there? Wouldn’t you agree, Joseph?” He shot a quick glance at Penny Pincher before turning back to Layla. “So, my dear, the choice is entirely up to you. Save them. Or...stay here and stop us and put all those innocent lives at risk. Such a terribly high price to pay for your vengeance, don't you agree?” The Penguin’s grin got even wider.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:56 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:The Penguin

“Bravo, Miss Cromwell, quite a show,” the Penguin applauded, clapping his hands as the heroine approached, not in the least perturbed. “You’re a more troublesome adversary than I anticipated. I’ll have to make a note to deal with you personally at a later date.” He leered at her. “But, for now, I would stop right where you are. Or I’ll be forced to have my business partner,” he gestured at Coyne, “ shoot that very attractive costume of yours full of holes.”

Cobblepot walked out from behind the table, taking a few steps towards Layla but making sure that Coyne still had a clear line of fire. “So, the man you thought of as an uncle murdered your mother in cold blood at the behest of your cowardly father. A little like Hamlet, wouldn’t you say?” He offered her a smile. “Although, my dear, you’ve proven yourself far more capable than that dithering whelp could ever be. Not to mention...far more attractive." He gave her a sly look. "Let’s just hope, that unlike poor Ophelia, you don’t meet a tragic end.”

He stopped about four feet in front of the crimefighter, leaning on his umbrella. “You’ve forced me to close up shop here. A minor setback, the cost of doing business.” He leveled his gaze at her, his expression hardening. “But, I have every intention of safely absconding with my trucks and my merchandise. You see, your erstwhile captors, those two idiot siblings, the Delacroix, warned me that you were coming. Allowed me to make preparations to prevent your interference.”

He grinned like a Cheshire cat. “Even as I speak, Mr. Coyne’s youthful underlings are heading to your place of employment. The Crazy Bean Café, isn’t it? They have orders to take everyone hostage and wait. For now. But youth these days,” Oswald tsk-tsked, “such limited attention spans. So impatient. Who can tell how long before they decide to just kill every single breathing soul there? Wouldn’t you agree, Joseph?” He shot a quick glance at Penny Pincher before turning back to Layla. “So, my dear, the choice is entirely up to you. Save them. Or...stay here and stop us and put all those innocent lives at risk. Such a terribly high price to pay for your vengeance, don't you agree?” The Penguin’s grin got even wider.

Joseph Coyne

Coyne didn't care if the costumed hero in front of him was the daughter of an evil father, the moment Penguin mentioned having Coyne shoot her into holes, he turned to see that the Penguin had noticed he was armed. "I knew it was going to be obvious, but listen here. Don't even try to take me down, ma'am. Penguin practically has most of the cops under his guard. Even if I shoot you dead now, everyone will think you died from someone doing self-defense. So my recommendation is that you just skip town. No one is going to trust a vigilante, anyways." Coyne pulled out one of his pistols and aimed it directly at the Deputy. As Penguin delivered a monologue towards the Deputy, when Cobblepot mentioned Coyne's boys, Coyne suddenly realized what Penguin was trying to do.

"Wait? Cobblepot? It's only the two boys! It's not like...You allowed them to have guns, didn't you?" Coyne asked the Penguin.

Coyne's suspicions would be true, as both Washington and Jefferson exited the SUV, having some new toys to play with. Both of the boys were wearing ski masks and carrying shotguns, eager and nervous to use them. As they stepped in front of the Crazy Bean Cafe, Jefferson asked Washington, "You think we're going to actually kill people here?" "Relax. He said that we just need to hold the place hostage and make sure no one leaves, till he says so. So you're ready?" Washington asked Jefferson, where he nodded. Kicking open the doors, they raised their guns at the customers inside and to the staff of the joint. "Alright, everybody! Drop your coffee cups! Hands up and nobody move! We're taking some of the cash and we are going to keep you here until we say so!" Washington stated to everyone who were inside the cafe.

Meanwhile, a day in the future..

Officer Martin had worst days. He was simply trying to be a good cop. However, the other cops who were take bribes didn't think he would last on the street without accepting one. Martin didn't believe the warnings, until he managed to find himself getting a cigar burn on the cheek and beat almost to a pulp, where his body was scrawled on some cardboard in an alley. In front of him were several violent drug dealers, where a cigar-smoking creep was pointing a pistol directly at Martin's nose. "Maybe I should blow his nose off. Better to not smell the smog of this shit hole city."

"Maybe we should blow off his heart to see if he actually has one." one of the dealers said wearing a blue shirt stained with some random trash stain. "No.. No, please! I have a family!" Martin pleaded, as the smoking dealer released the safety pin. "Say your prayers, pig." At first, it looked Officer Martin was just going to be another causality to die in the city, until a female voice emerged from behind them. "Let him go!" Clover said, as she looked nervous at the sight. A burly-looking thug started walking up to her, where she was standing her ground. "Look at Ms. Richie Rich! You made a grave mistake coming as help alone!" the thug said, as he pulled out a knife. "Hang, Dan! How about we rob this chick, also?" the thug said, where he immediately reached up and grabbed her arm, where Clover seemed to suddenly turn grey.

"Let me go!" Greyface immediately said in their humanoid form, where they immediately tossed the thug aside, where Dan fired upon Greyface. As usual, weaponized lead did nothing at all to get rid of the beast. Greyface immediately ran up towards the armed dealer and proceeded to toss him towards a pile of boxes, like he was trash. "Holy shit!" the blue-shirted dealer said, as he bolted away to have Dan deal with Greyface. Dan, almost not wanting to go down with a fight, even after losing his gun, punched Greyface in the face. What Dan felt was like hitting your hand against a cement wall, as he clutched his hand in pain. Greyface returned the favor by crushing Dan's left foot with Greyface's own clay foot, before starting to punch Dan repeatedly in the face, before he started to have blood emerge from his mouth. Knowing Dan was finished, Greyface noticed to send him face-first in a trash can nearby.

The burly thug who gotten up after being tossed aside, attempted to stab Greyface in the back. Greyface did felt that knife, but not any actual pain. Greyface's response was bashing in their elbow into the thug's nose, breaking it. The blue shirted thug getting his courage together, got into a fighting stance, where Greyface seemed to look annoyed, rather than interested in a fight. "I know actual karate! Don't think about trying to dodge this!" Running forward, the blue shirted goon started to kick Greyface several times, where they were starting to look pissed. Clenching their fist, Greyface planned on simply punching him, until...

SLASH!
"AHH!! I can't see shit!"

A large red line appeared on the goon's face, which covered his eyes, rending him blind as a bat. Greyface looked at their own hand to see that it has become the shape of a battleaxe almost. Blood was visible at where the blade was, which slowly turned back into a fist. The burly thug wasn't finished, as he went running towards Greyface, trying to do a war cry, their fists at the ready. As they were approaching Greyface, the beast stepped to the side, before launching one last punch to the back of their skull. The burly thug fell to the ground, seemingly dead while the blind goon was dying of blood loss, while screaming their lungs out in pain. Dan, who was injured but now conscious, managed to get his head out of the trash can, before running away. "I be back to kill you, you freak!" Dan yelled, as they ran out of the alley.

Officer Martin was watching the whole thing, who looked horrified at the sight of violence that has just occurred. The monster made outta clay was walking towards them. Was it going to have him in his next victim? Greyface extended a hand towards them, where it looked like it was going to strangle him, until Martin heard the voice from the beast. "I don't have all time, let me help you up." Greyface said, where Martin decided to grab it's hand, being pulled up. "Relax for once. I'm not here to kill you or anything. I think I just ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time. Something about me isn't letting me control myself." Greyface was trying to act calm towards the cop, but everything they said ended up sounding like a threat.

Officer Martin didn't know if he was actually dead or if the creature in front of him was supposed to be an angel of death. When Officer Martin started to leave the alley, Greyface tried to be friendly towards the cop by saying Bye. However, the moment Martin heard it, he immediately took off running out into the street. Greyface couldn't stray away from their task. They did need to get to the university after all. Stepping over the two bodies that were laying on the ground, they switched back to Clover, as she tried to find Dr. Palmer.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Julutth
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Oliver Queen
Yaana Noore wrote:While in the process of breaking into his one-time friend's house the idea of simply waiting outside and knocking on the door like a normal individual did occur to him. But then there was every chance that the door would be slammed in his face soon after, and that method denied him the amusement of appearing by surprise. Popping in and out of the dark was a small pleasure he allowed himself.

Oliver traipsed into the room with his daughter Dinah, whom he had just picked up from Gotham Station upon her arrival from Star City. He found Batman comfortably seated in Oliver’s favorite room.

”Hello Oliver, I found a few problems with your security system."

“Well it isn’t exactly designed to keep out high-tech geniuses dressed like a bat.” Oliver walked up to the man sitting in the dark.

“Welcome back, Bruce.”

Oliver approached the whiskey bottles on the mantlepiece at the end of the room. “Can I interest you in a 12 year old Liverpool? Or an Oban 14 Scotch?” Oliver poured himself a glass of the latter, and took a seat across from Mr. Wayne.

“I can sure guess why you’re here. You’re in some deep shit now, bud. And that terrorist wrecked your place...” Oliver stared outside wistfully. “I’m sorry about your mates getting taken in, although I was publicly quite supportive of the policy.” Oliver changed his look to a more serious one. “Now, I’d be crazy to think that you were really the man under the cowl who killed the mayor. Joker would be able to die satisfied if you were. But, I wouldn’t put it past you to want some sort of revenge on those of us who aren’t appreciative of the legacy you’re leaving behind in Gotham. Or am I getting it wrong...do you even care about the carnage in Gotham? Aren’t you just too busy with the bigshots like Diana and Hal?” Oliver leaned in. “Why are you even here, Bruce?”

Dinah Queen/Black Canary
Dinah was just too shocked and excited to remain quiet. This was Batman! Her idol was sitting in her dad’s living room! Dinah couldn’t help breaking the eery silence after her father’s soliloquy.

“Holy crap...Batman! What....why...why are you back???”

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Deputy

Coyne hadn’t exactly stood out to Layla before. He blended in well with the mixed crowd of scientists and goons, most of which had taken to standing back. When Penguin mentioned her being filled with holes, she reached into her boot and whipped out a revolver, it was the same one she’d used on Arthur several days before. The girl kept it leveled with the gloating villain's head. The girl had a satisfactory expression on her face.

“She's bluffing,” said a smug Arthur Orwell. “She tried intimidating me with the same trick. The gun's not loa-“

Layla fired a shot off into the air, then quickly brought her aim back on Penguin. “Let’s negotiate.” She started, “I won’t shoot you if you call off the dogs. But if you don’t...” she pulled the hammer back. “I’ll put an end to your crimes once and for all.”

At this point, her father spoke up. “Layla, you can’t shoot him. Helen may be dead, but she taught you better than this!” It was true, of course. Her mother had taught her morals, especially not to hurt others in any way. Too late for that, Layla thought. “What’s it going to be, Oswald?”

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Whitesnake

Ugh... motherfucker. He sat up, feeling the last of his bones pop back into place, painfully. He looked down at his armor. The chest was pushed inward, and shards of metal pierced his chest. He gazed around at the carnage Bane had wrought while he was out. Looking up, he saw a clear trail stomped out by Bane. He followed, staggering as he came to realize there was a very large piece of his sword stuck in his ankle. As he came upon the clearing where Bane as his company stood, Caleb stopped, staring at the group. Not only was there Bane, he had gained a few allies, it seemed. Some ninja chick he didn’t recognize, a helicopter (goons included), and a dog. The same one that had slammed into Babs, Caleb realized. And then he turned to Bane himself. Holy shit... Somehow, Nacho Libre had gotten even bigger. Caleb contemplated his odds of winning this fight, and quickly decided to wait and watch. It was then he came to realize. Thats the guy who dropped he kid! That’s his helicopter! Which means... Caleb grinned, and hid in the bushes. He whispered into his helmet. “Elton, pull up the tracker I put on that helicopter...” The A.I. chirped back in response. “Right away sir.”
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:27 am

Jack Reynolds AKA The Electrician
A couple minutes after landed on the roof of the Penny Arcade, a white stretch limo pulled up out front. Several people got inside of it. Jack thought this seemed suspicious, so he decided to follow it, to wherever it happened to go. It pulled out, and Jack lifted off into the air. He would follow it closely, but stay in the shadows of the buildings, so they wouldn't spot him.

He followed them to the old 14th precinct police station, that had been abandoned some time ago.
Jack could hear voices on the breeze. Something about an illicit drug operation. That was plainly not good. Another limo arrived. This one was black. He heard more talking. A phone rang. Someone got injected with something. There was more talking. That was when he decided to make his entrance. He hovered down to the ground, landing in front of them, his work boots clomping on the ground. He said,"I'm going to have to jolt you to a stop right there. I can't let you distribute some sort of illegal drug." He electrified his fists. They began buzzing with current.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:48 am

Whalestron wrote:Deputy

Coyne hadn’t exactly stood out to Layla before. He blended in well with the mixed crowd of scientists and goons, most of which had taken to standing back. When Penguin mentioned her being filled with holes, she reached into her boot and whipped out a revolver, it was the same one she’d used on Arthur several days before. The girl kept it leveled with the gloating villain's head. The girl had a satisfactory expression on her face.

“She's bluffing,” said a smug Arthur Orwell. “She tried intimidating me with the same trick. The gun's not loa-“

Layla fired a shot off into the air, then quickly brought her aim back on Penguin. “Let’s negotiate.” She started, “I won’t shoot you if you call off the dogs. But if you don’t...” she pulled the hammer back. “I’ll put an end to your crimes once and for all.”

At this point, her father spoke up. “Layla, you can’t shoot him. Helen may be dead, but she taught you better than this!” It was true, of course. Her mother had taught her morals, especially not to hurt others in any way. Too late for that, Layla thought. “What’s it going to be, Oswald?”

The Imposter Mad Hatter

Fuck Orwell industries! Fuck being redirected by the GPS over and over again until finally reaching the right building, fuck the parking lot guards that tried to ask for an ID and somehow still didn't know where the building was, and fuck Gotham traffic! They might as well renamed themselves Kafka Industries with what a nightmare this place is.

The false Hatter had come alone, in his green coat and the checkered shirt and with his wild hair tucked under his hat, he was not dressed to impress by anyone's standards but his own which was how he was always dressed more or less. The guards had not been cooperative with letting him park (the Steamer this time) but since earlier in the day he had managed to get some of the more useful mind-control technology working. Though it was rather foolish looking and inconvenient to shove a hat over some guard in a parking booth's head, it had served its purpose. Now if the guards were not such bumbling fools as to not know where the building was, he would have arrived twenty minutes ago. The Hatter was just parking the vehicle with the pull of a lever and the loud hiss of steam when he heard a gunshot.

Well this just interesting quite fast.

The ersatz Hatter thought to himself as he drew his revolver and approached the door, throwing his body to the wall and trying to make out any kind of noise inside.

I hope it's the little, deranged arcade man not getting his way. That would be rather frabjoyous. Honestly thinking of him again almost gives me a headache.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:21 pm

The Penguin

The Penguin chuckled drily. Resting both hands on his umbrella, he leaned into it. “You disappoint me, Miss Cromwell. And here I thought you might be a worthy adversary. Bit of advice, young lady, don’t ever assume that bravado can serve as a suitable substitute for brains.”

Raising one hand in a placating gesture, he seemed to acquiesce to her demands. “As you wish…” Without turning his gaze from Layla, he spoke to Orwell. “Arthur, if you would be so kind as to use your phone to call the boys. Joseph, could you or your young companion give him the number, please.” He continued giving directions. “Arthur, once you reach them, if you could put the call on speaker phone, thank you.”

“Now then…” Speaking loud enough to be heard through the speaker phone, he began. “Coyne…if Miss Cromwell does not lower her weapon, I want you to put a bullet through her father’s head. To the hostage-takers at the café, he directed, “if you hear a gunshot…or if I do not call you back in 5 minutes, I want you to kill every last person in that café, am I understood?”

He returned his attention to the woman standing in front of him. “You have until the count of five…one…two…three…four…fi…”

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Jack Reynolds AKA The Electrician

Jack could hear voices on the breeze. Something about an illicit drug operation. That was plainly not good. Another limo arrived. This one was black. He heard more talking. A phone rang. Someone got injected with something. There was more talking. That was when he decided to make his entrance. He hovered down to the ground, landing in front of them, his work boots clomping on the ground. He said,"I'm going to have to jolt you to a stop right there. I can't let you distribute some sort of illegal drug." He electrified his fists. They began buzzing with current.

Oswald quickly recovered from his shock at the sudden arrival of the electrified hero. “I’ll have you know, sir, that you are trespassing. But no matter, you have arrived at a propitious moment. This young lady,” he gestured at Layla, “through her rash action, was just about to cause the death of very many people. Perhaps you could convince her to lower her weapon. Maybe ‘jolt’ some sense into her, heh heh…”

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:43 pm

Joseph Coyne

After making sure his pistol was aimed sorely at the Deputy, he leaned towards Arthur to whisper him the number to contact the boys. When the Penguin asks Coyne to shoot a bullet at Cromwell's father, Coyne pulled out another pistol, which he aimed it at the head of Cromwell's father." "Boys! Don't go crazy, if things go south! Just shoot them in the head, when you hear a gunshot!" Coyne said to his boys through the phone, as when the Penguin started a countdown, another vigilante appeared. "Oh great, when will you goddamn vigilantes stop meddling in our business! Hadn't you heard the news?" Coyne remarked when the Electrician appeared.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:38 pm

SNIP

The Imposter Mad Hatter

The false Hatter had always respected the Penguin's level of control when dealing with unprecedented situations, and from the few muffled words he could make out, it did seem as if there had been a disruption of the original plan. Something about there being a vigilante inside told the Hatter he was right to have his hand on the grip of the gun. The Mad Hatter, however, was still debating whether or not to kick the door in, and surprise the lot of them. It would be dynamic, yes, but, from the sound of things, it seemed like a very precarious situation inside. One that he wanted to disrupt, sure but without getting his head blown off. He let out a sigh and looked down at his feet in a rather defeated pose after deciding not to just barge in when a plan occurred to him.

They were obviously right behind the door. They also were obviously quite preoccupied at the minute in some form of stand-off, and would not be expecting any more disturbances... like the loud BANG! of a heavy cane bashing against the door. Sure it was not stealthy, but someone would react to it, open the door, and have a gun in their face. Hell, if the cards were right he might even be able to clean-up the place, remove anyone else from the picture, and take control of whatever operation was planned on his own.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:04 pm

Outside Dr. Ray Palmer’s Office
Gotham University

They had all piled into the jeep and left their bikes at Lizzie’s house to save time. A VERY crowded and uncomfortable 20 minutes later, they had finally arrived. To find themselves once again standing outside someone’s door like a bunch of idiots.

“HEY! ANYBODY IN THERE?” Abby shouted, rapping on the door glass. Sticking her face up against the glass, she tried to peer through but the glass was frosted. “I thought you said that this guy would be here?!” she grilled Derek.

“He’s supposed to be! I called and they’d said he’d be here!” Derek insisted defensively.

A professor-looking dude in a tweed jacket and bowtie walked past. “Excuse me, sir,” Clover asked politely, “do you know if Dr. Palmer is in his office?” The guy rolled his eyes and kept walking.

“What the hell was that?!” Marina demanded.

“Iunno,” Marta answered her but if this Palmer guy doesn’t answer his door in the next 60 seconds, I’m breaking in.

“Yeah, you seem to have a habit of doing that, don’t you?” Ruth snickered.

“Shut up, Ruth,” Marta shot back.

“I still can’t believe it about Lizzie,” Palmer (their Palmer, not the prof) exclaimed. “She’s a big walking pile of Play-Doh now?!”

“I told ya, mate,” Derek explained for the thousandth time. “I know what I saw.”

“Try to show a little sensitivity, huh,” Marta slapped the jock on the back of the head.

“Ow! What ya do that for?!”

“What do you think, dickbrain?” Marta retorted.

“I’m worried about Lizzie,” Clover said. “She shoulda been here by now.”

“I’m sure she’s alright,” Palmer comforted her. “Probably be here anytime now…”

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:23 pm

Outside Dr. Ray Palmer's Office
Gotham University

Lizzie had appeared in their normal form, walking towards Gotham University, after the brief encounter with what happened to those drug dealers. Lizzie was, at least, glad that cop was safe. Lizzie knew that she couldn't take any chances at being out in the public for long duration of time. Even though, she felt a lack of stress after that one punch, she knew that she needed to find more ways to control herself. Entering the Gotham University, she was surprised at the state of the place. Lizzie started to look for her friends. The only people who saw her in her true form were only Clover, Derek, and Marta. Unless they told the rest of the gang, though they might not believe them.

As Lizzie looked around, she eventually ended up coming across her friends at the door of what appeared to be Dr. Ray Palmer's office. Not wanting to alarm or scare them, Lizzie simply let one of them, who happened to be Clover, see her. Clover was actually welcoming towards Lizzie, as she ran up and hugged her, even though she didn't feel any flesh or bone. "Thank god, what took you so long!" Clover said. "Calm down, it only took me a half hour to get here. You need to relax."

"But Palmer seems to believe Marta, though." Clover said, looking over at Marta and Palmer, who were near the door. "Well, you didn't tell anyone else, right? Besides the rest of the gang?"
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPs I do

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:10 am

The Penguin chuckled drily. Resting both hands on his umbrella, he leaned into it. “You disappoint me, Miss Cromwell. And here I thought you might be a worthy adversary. Bit of advice, young lady, don’t ever assume that bravado can serve as a suitable substitute for brains.”

Raising one hand in a placating gesture, he seemed to acquiesce to her demands. “As you wish…” Without turning his gaze from Layla, he spoke to Orwell. “Arthur, if you would be so kind as to use your phone to call the boys. Joseph, could you or your young companion give him the number, please.” He continued giving directions. “Arthur, once you reach them, if you could put the call on speaker phone, thank you.”

“Now then…” Speaking loud enough to be heard through the speaker phone, he began. “Coyne…if Miss Cromwell does not lower her weapon, I want you to put a bullet through her father’s head. To the hostage-takers at the café, he directed, “if you hear a gunshot…or if I do not call you back in 5 minutes, I want you to kill every last person in that café, am I understood?”

He returned his attention to the woman standing in front of him. “You have until the count of five…one…two…three…four…fi…”

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Jack Reynolds AKA The Electrician

Oswald quickly recovered from his shock at the sudden arrival of the electrified hero. “I’ll have you know, sir, that you are trespassing. But no matter, you have arrived at a propitious moment. This young lady,” he gestured at Layla, “through her rash action, was just about to cause the death of very many people. Perhaps you could convince her to lower her weapon. Maybe ‘jolt’ some sense into her, heh heh…”

Jack Reynolds AKA The Electrician
Jack said,"To me, it seems like you're doing something much worse than trespassing. I'm naturally repelled by you criminals, but I have to stop you. Shocking as it may seem, she's probably les dangerous than you. I followed you here from the Penny Arcade. I know you're planning on putting drugs in the water. So stand down and come quietly, or I'll hit you with a stun blast, and drag you over to GCPD headquarters, and with any luck, they'll figure out what you were up to and lock you up." Jack's fists glowed brighter and buzzed even louder.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:16 am

Whalestron wrote:Cooper

The mutt quickly recovered from the Assailant's strike, shaking away the dots at the edge of his vision. He padded over to Bane, who he saw had managed to reclaim Batgirl. A growl escaped his throat, the words flowing out before he could stop himself. “Why don’t we kill her?” He spat. “The girl will only cause more trouble, and then what?”

Though he sounded determined, a quick reprimanding would easily knock some sense back into the hound. He took a step towards the big man whom the demon had subconsciously decided was his master.

“You question me, mutt? If you must know, I need her alive as bait. A lure for the Batman. She will help bring his downfall.” He turned and placed Babs in the helicopter. “We should leave now, before any vigilantes may pursue us. And Mutt. Do not speak out against my wishes again.”

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:57 am

Deputy

“You’re bluffing. It’s Monday night, nobody’s going to be there.” Layla scoffed at Penguin. But she knew better, of course. It was Monday night during a week filled with exams. It would be packed there. She was about to speak again when someone broke in, another vigilante from the looks of it. And it appeared he didn’t exactly know all the details of the situation.

Layla took a step forward and quickly slammed her fist into Penguin's nose, hoping more than anything that she’d break it. She proceeded to throw a smoke pellet into the ground, then disappeared into the vent. She went for her bike and left them. She’d be back as soon as the situation was resolved at her workplace.

Deputy stepped off of the bike and over to the entrance of the cafe. She opened the doors, taking in the scene. There were several terrified patrons there, along with those at the counter. Layla frowned at the goons. “Leave now and I won’t break both of your arms.”

Cooper

Shame bottled itself up inside of the dog. How could he have spoke out like that? “Forgive me, my master. I don’t know what came over me.” He said with a dip of his head. “It won’t happen again.” The word ‘mutt’ lingered in his head for a while, then, all at once, he collapsed to the ground, writhing in pain as if wrestling with someone invisible. It was the real Cooper who’d taken advantage of the demon's exposed weakness. A mistake he wouldn’t make again.

After about a minute, he got back up and examined his surroundings and body, moving his limbs to check that they were indeed still there. He laughed, his old voice returned. “Ha! I did it! Who’s the boss now? It’s, uh... oh.” He looked up at Bane. “I mean. Evil, right? Love the stuff!” He chuckled nervously.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:03 am

Dr. Palmer’s Office

“Hey, where the hell are you going?” Ruth demanded to know as Clover started walking away.

“I thought…I thought I saw Lizzie. Wait here,” Clover instructed, heading to the end of the hallway. Lizzie was waiting for her around the corner. They hugged and Chloe reassured her that it was okay, that the gang knew what had happened to her and everything was alright.

Taking the girl by the hand, Clover led her back to the others. For a moment, they just stared, no one saying anything, until they all wrapped their arms around her and embraced her in one massive group hug. “See, told ya that everything was cool,” Clover smiled.

“Okay, that’s it, I’m not waiting any longer,” Marta declared. Pulling out her trusty hairpin, she began picking the lock to Dr. Palmer’s office.

“Does that actually work?” Marina asked skeptically. “I thought that only worked in movies.”

As if in answer, the loud click of the bolt sliding back in the door greeted their ears. Marta gave Marina a smirk as she pushed the door open.

“I don’t know if we should be doing this,” Paul warned. “Isn’t this breaking and entering.

“No wuss,” Palmer shoved him aside. “It’s just entering.” Taking one last look around to make sure they hadn’t been seen, the teens tiptoed inside.

“Oh my god!” Abby gasped. “Someone robbed the place!” The lab was wrecked! Overturned tables and equipment formed an obstacle course the kids had to walk through.

“Yeahhh…I don’t think so,” Ruth snickered, pointing out all the beer bottles that littered the floor. “Who did you say this guy was again?”

“Hey, Dr. Palmer’s a genius!” Derek responded back defensively.

“Yeah, a genius at getting wasted,” Ruth retorted.

“Is that…is that a plate of nachos stuck to the ceiling?!” Martina exclaimed.

“Oh…this is priceless,” Ruth started laughing harshly. A sudden, loud thump from somewhere in the room brought her quiet.

“It’s coming from over there, guys,” Palmer told them, directing their gaze to a spot in the corner where a couch had been shoved against the wall. “Stay behind me and shut up,” the jock ordered as he silently crept forward, fist clenched.
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:16 am

“You’re bluffing. It’s Monday night, nobody’s going to be there.” Layla scoffed at Penguin. But she knew better, of course. It was Monday night during a week filled with exams. It would be packed there. She was about to speak again when someone broke in, another vigilante from the looks of it. And it appeared he didn’t exactly know all the details of the situation.

Layla took a step forward and quickly slammed her fist into Penguin's nose, hoping more than anything that she’d break it. She proceeded to throw a smoke pellet into the ground, then disappeared into the vent. She went for her bike and left them. She’d be back as soon as the situation was resolved at her workplace.

Deputy stepped off of the bike and over to the entrance of the cafe. She opened the doors, taking in the scene. There were several terrified patrons there, along with those at the counter. Layla frowned at the goons. “Leave now and I won’t break both of your arms.”

Cooper

Shame bottled itself up inside of the dog. How could he have spoke out like that? “Forgive me, my master. I don’t know what came over me.” He said with a dip of his head. “It won’t happen again.” The word ‘mutt’ lingered in his head for a while, then, all at once, he collapsed to the ground, writhing in pain as if wrestling with someone invisible. It was the real Cooper who’d taken advantage of the demon's exposed weakness. A mistake he wouldn’t make again.

After about a minute, he got back up and examined his surroundings and body, moving his limbs to check that they were indeed still there. He laughed, his old voice returned. “Ha! I did it! Who’s the boss now? It’s, uh... oh.” He looked up at Bane. “I mean. Evil, right? Love the stuff!” He chuckled nervously.

“Dog. Perhaps now would be a good time for you to kill the butler. I will help you find us when you have completed that task.” Bane spoke, suspicious now. The Dog would follow his orders, so as to try and mask the sudden shift from demon to dog. At least, that was we he believed Cooper would do. “What are you waiting for, Cooper? Go.”
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Without further ado:

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:52 pm

Cooper

The order to murder Alfred took the dog by surprise. So Bane thought he was still on his side? Ha! He’d trick him good. Cooper grinned, still nervous from the entire situation. “I’ve got a better idea.” He began. “I’ll just take Batgirl and take her to a better place to hide her, and you can pick her up later, huh?” As he spoke, he began hauling the hero out of the helicopter, prepared to fly away with her at any moment. It wouldn’t be difficult for Bane to stop him at all, though.
Last edited by Whalestron on Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Democratic Marxists
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Marxists » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:25 pm

Dr. Ray Palmer/Atom
The week had been super tough for Ray. He’d been out and about nabbing all of those snivelly and slightly insane criminals who had escaped from Arkham following the mass breakout orchestrated by Hush. Mind you, the villainous individuals that Ray had done battle with weren’t exactly material for Gotham’s famous based-on-true-stories comics documenting superhero triumphs. No, Ray had managed to subdue the likes of Kite-Man, Polka-Dot Man, and King Tut, amongst more lamely-named and even more lamely-powered supercriminals. There was no variety in the crimes: all of them were either making miserable attempts at robbing banks or slightly more successful trysts with committing burglary in Gotham apartment buildings. There was only one case of a hostage-held-for-ransom, a plot committed by Ten-Eyed-Man.

Ray had jumped in to foil all of these illegal endeavours; being so small as the Atom meant that Ray could avoid the consequences of the new strict vigilante policy more easily than other heroes. Of course, after all this work, Ray was understandably burned out. He had returned to the University lab that evening just to catch up on all the work he had missed. Ray didn’t even bother with changing out of his suit. Obviously, he’d got quite...distracted upon his return. Adam and Ray’s young protege Ryan were both back at the lab, ready to cool of from a week of hard work. They’d had quite the time. It had got so rowdy that the two normally responsible scientists permitted young Ryan to have a drink of half a beer can!

It all resulted in the lab being transformed into a pigsty, Ryan barfing all over the place and then running home, leaving Ray and Adam fast asleep on the couch.

By the time Ray (who was still wearing his Atom suit) heard intruders stepping over the mess in the lab, it was already quite late into the night. The drunken effect was just about wearing off on him, although Adam was still conked out.

“Wh...wh..who..who’s there?” Ray wasn’t at all frightened; just slightly drunk.

Ray approached the intruder in the shadows ahead of him to find a burly teenager menacingly standing up against Ray, with his gang of eight others standing guard behind him. He couldn’t see most of them clearly, although...wait...was that some sort of grey behemoth?

Either this was a bad drunk dream or some scary super villains had finally caught up with Ray.
I’m a democratic socialist. Yes, I believe in the radical idea of sharing, as do so many other people. Fight me.

Pro: Socialism, Social Democracy, Peace, Environment, Legal Marijuana, Gun Control, Economic Redistribution, Medicare for All, Living Wage, Tuition-Free College, Feminism, Universal Pre-K, Palestine, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jeremy Corbyn, Jacinda Ardern, AMLO, Labour Party, Democratic Socialists of America, Green Party

Moderate: Barack Obama, Tulsi Gabbard

Anti: Casino Capitalism, Ruthless Billionaires, Abortion, Racism, War, The Wall, Israel, ISIL, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Hillary Clinton, Theresa May, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Democratic Party

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:01 pm

In Ray Palmer's Office

After the little group reunion with Lizzie, Marta managed to lock pick the door with her hairpin. "I know we're trying to look for Palmer, but isn't this trespassing?" Lizzie said to Marta, as the door was open. "Well, some stuff needs to be broken to get a solution." Marta remarked, as the group entered the lab. The lab was a complete mess, as if some sort of party had happened. Palmer noticed something in the corner, where he found a man wearing a superhero costume. "Uhhh..guys. Is that? Dr. Ray Palmer?" The other Palmer asked, as he found what he assumed to be Ray drunk, wearing a costume.

"Hey doc. You having a hangover or something? We need your help. So if you can sober up for us and be of use for us, we can be reliable." Palmer tried to reason. "Derek, I thought you said he can help us?" Lizzie said, getting concerned, which wasn't good for her concentration. "Hey on a second. Look at the costume this guy is wearing. Maybe he's an actual superhero! Kristoffer might help us identify him, but he's probably off at home or something." Derek said.

RPs I do

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:49 pm

The Penguin

Like his animal namesake, people assumed that the Penguin wasn’t the most swift-footed of individuals. That he waddled. While this was true to an extent, Oswald, when he needed to, could be quite quick. Unexpectedly so. While the heroine with the gun to his head was busy with her bluff (Of course he knew that the café would be packed!) he swatted the weapon out of her hand with his umbrella. But before he could open it, her fist collided with his nose! CRUNCH!

“Kill her!” he sputtered, blood spurting from his nose as he finally got his umbrella open. His goons opened fire, spraying the entire room with their assault rifles. Penguin joined them, shooting from his specialty machine-gun umbrella. The first shot shattered the phone in Orwell’s hand, cutting off the hostage-takers at the café from the sounds of cacophonous chaos erupting all through the drug factory.

“To the trucks!” Oswald ordered. He could care less about the hostages at the café or the heroes in front of him. The crime boss’s only concern was getting away with his supply of drugs. The factory could be rebuilt but the loss of the precious cargo inside those trucks would constitute a major setback to his operation and future goals. He hoped that his partners had good enough of a sense to join him in flying the coop. But if not, well, he could always find new partners…

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Batman ignored the offer of an alcoholic drink, shifting his focus to Queen's daughter who he acknowledged with a nod. "Hope you are doing well, Dinah. I'm... sorry to hear about your mother." He hadn't expected her to be there, as until very recently Dinah had been in Star City taking care of her sick mother, the original Black Canary. Although that had not been the only thing she had been doing in the city - there was also her continual involvement with vigilantism. Must make for interesting discussion during family dinners.

His eyes scanned around the room, observing the details in Queen's manor in the light. "I'm not here to debate politics, Oliver. I might not agree with your stance on my crime-fighting but I do understand why you hold it. Nor do I hold you responsible for what has happened, and I would like to think that feeling is mutual - of course that was not me." He had studied the video a number of times, and while the content was utterly repulsive, it was clear that the true perpetrator had done a great deal of study himself. The way he spoke, the mannerism, the voice, they were all very accurate to himself, it was uncanny. Even those parts of the face on show looked very similar to himself, by design rather than coincidence. There was an obvious man who had been behind the crime, a one-time childhood friend that now had surgically altered his own face to look just like Bruce Wayne in a cynical parody. His name was Thomas Elliot, although now he went by a new name - Hush.

Batman was slightly insulted that Oliver even needed to insinuate the possibility of him wanting to do something of that sort, although the words did not sting anywhere near as sharply as the suggestion that he did not care. "Just because I am busy saving the world, does not mean that I have forgotten about Gotham." He replied in measured fashion, albeit through clenched teeth. Gotham is my world, he wanted to say back. "Which is why I am back. The manor's locked down, or what's left of it, so going to the cave right now looks to be off the cards. You still have links to the mayor I am assuming, so was wondering if I could use you for intel. They have Red Robin ID'ed but do they... know about me. Do they know that I am Bruce Wayne yet?" Strictly speaking, Bruce Wayne was currently enjoying an early retirement in Marrakech. He had his alibi, so it was a matter of whether the police currently believed that Tim Drake had been using his adopted father's exuberant wealth for crime-fighting without his knowledge, or that he was also involved.

"I appreciate that you might not see the value in a secret identity, but I have a lot of roots in this city. A lot of people I care about. A lot of people that would be put in danger if it ever comes out, especially at this time.I don't need you to get in the way of the police, but a confirmation on what they are working on should allow me enough time to kill it." With Cyborg's assistance a number of the files within the Wayne Enterprises network had been deleted or edited, and some slight modifications had been made to show a greater involvement of Tim Drake within the company, and a few of the more suspect orders made and projects worked on had now been performed by Drake. An in-depth study would likely reveal that the files had been falsified, but it was enough to cover their tracks and keep the police confused look enough to properly deal with what had happened. Tim would understand the necessity of it, he hoped.

"There is also the matter of this newcomer to the city, I am sure you have seen him on the news. I've watched his fighting style, he's very strong, very skilled. He's already taken on Tim, Barbara, Kathy and come away with barely a scratch. And it doesn't even look like he is fighting at his strongest. They are danger, the city is in danger. He wants to face me, which is why I am back." He looked at Oliver straight-on for the first time, making eye contact. "But what I am saying to you is that I don't think I can do it alone."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse