NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Son of a Brick!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sacara » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:35 pm

The only thing I have is the first sentence seems to go on forever before the reader gets a break. Small nitpick, though. Otherwise looks good.
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Re-worked the entire description in the end, hopefully flows better now.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:48 pm

Bump.

Any ideas for a better third option (I don't really like this one)? I don't like two-option issues, but neither do I like third options that are there just to have more than two options.
Last edited by Fauxia on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:56 pm

I still say you should make an option where you create your own secret organization to rival them.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:11 am

Fifth draft up, added a new third option

Krogon
Envoy

Founded: May 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krogon » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:47 pm

Fauxia wrote:[fallout] the Ministry of Secret Occultist Brotherhood Screening is the largest ministry but no is supposed to know

This effect line feels very awkward.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:43 am

I just thought of something. If @@LEADER@@'s female, could she still be a son of a brick?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:43 am

Australian rePublic wrote:I just thought of something. If @@LEADER@@'s female, could she still be a son of a brick?

I don’t know, but option 3 doesn’t include that anymore so it isn’t really relevant.

Also, you mentioned that before; idk if you did “just [think] of [it]” ;)

Australian rePublic wrote:Option 3- the only way to join is if you're invited. And now this brings up a different question, what if the leader is female?

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:33 am

uhuhu, I do like the new option; devious. >:3
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:55 am

Let's look over the description.

[description] Finally getting around to dealing with your mail, you see a tip-off from an anonymous government official.

Not loving it or hating it. Stretching the edges of player autonomy, and making assumptions about how Leader works, but just about within okay.

The tip claims a disproportionate amount of cabinet members have ties to untrustworthy organizations.

So what would be a proportionate amount be? That is to say, disproportionate is not a good word choice here.

Also, if it's anonymous, why are we calling it a tip-off? Why are we lending it any veracity?

It includes photographic evidence of several at a meeting of the secretive group known as the Sons of a Brick.

Well, that raised more questions. Who are the Sons of a Brick? I don't want to be told in the options, I need to know by the end of the issue description, or at least have the fact that the reader doesn't know who they are acknowledged. How do we know this photo is of a secret meeting of the Sons of a Brick? Is there a big banner that says "secret meeting of the Sons of a Brick?". Why is this considered to be evidence of " of cabinet members have ties to untrustworthy organizations"?

The whole narrative isn't holding together. I think just get it down to it's core.

An anonymous tip-off has informed you that many prominent politicians - including members of your own cabinet - are part of a secret society called "The Sons of a Brick".

Though have to say, it's not a great name for a secret society. How about "The Brickmasons"? That immediately gives the name some context, as people will recognise it as being an expy of the masonic lodges.

I mean, I know you started off with Stonecutters, but my problem there was that you were satirising satire (i.e. the Simpsons) rather than satirising the original thing (the Freemasons).
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?