NATION

PASSWORD

1900: Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:15 am

Sanabel wrote:Was there still an Irish potato famine in this timeline?

That's up to the Angloterre player, I suppose.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:18 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Was there still an Irish potato famine in this timeline?

That's up to the Angloterre player, I suppose.

Right now I'm thinking of doing an Irish North America.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:25 am

Sanabel wrote:
Tejang wrote:Hey Tracian, is it alright that i can go for a alt-Boer nation?

Sanabel wrote:The issue with Namibia is that it's very very hard to colonize.

The inland is workable. It is a high plain suitable for some European style agriculture and ranching, but is fairly arid.

The issue really is the accessibility of the highland. Namibia's coast is world renown for how inhospitable it can be. There are only 2 real ports, Luderitz and Walvis Bay. Luderitz can be used to reach the inland, but the port is very shallow and isn't suitable for most modern ships. Walvis Bay is a decent deep water port, but one would have to trek through miles of some of the harshest desert in the world to reach anything suitable for settlement.

Not an OP, in fact I just got here, but I would keep this in mind.

To be fair, that is exactly how Namibia was first really settled, by Boer Trekkers and then German colonists later on. He could base it off of the RL Basters or Oorlams that settled parts of Namibia as well.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:27 am

NewLakotah wrote:
Sanabel wrote:
Not an OP, in fact I just got here, but I would keep this in mind.

To be fair, that is exactly how Namibia was first really settled, by Boer Trekkers and then German colonists later on. He could base it off of the RL Basters or Oorlams that settled parts of Namibia as well.

Right but the Boers trekked inland not from Walvis Bay or Ludertiz, but from the Cape.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:37 am

The main idea here is that we want the concept of his nation to work, unlike his previous app.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:37 am

Sanabel wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:That's up to the Angloterre player, I suppose.

Right now I'm thinking of doing an Irish North America.

If you can explain it, sure

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:38 am

Sanabel wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:To be fair, that is exactly how Namibia was first really settled, by Boer Trekkers and then German colonists later on. He could base it off of the RL Basters or Oorlams that settled parts of Namibia as well.

Right but the Boers trekked inland not from Walvis Bay or Ludertiz, but from the Cape.

Right, but the Basters and Oorlams are not Boer. But why does it matter where they migrated from, other that that they did?
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:41 am

NewLakotah wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Right but the Boers trekked inland not from Walvis Bay or Ludertiz, but from the Cape.

Right, but the Basters and Oorlams are not Boer. But why does it matter where they migrated from, other that that they did?

It matters because it has to make sense? If they are related to the Afrikaners, the Afrikaners must exist - and South Africa is Scandinavian, not Dutch.

If he can explain the migration of Dutch related people to his area, sure, it would work. But we need to know the facts.
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:48 am

NewLakotah wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Right but the Boers trekked inland not from Walvis Bay or Ludertiz, but from the Cape.

It does matter where they migrated from as the player tries to create a realistic history for their country.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:54 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:Right, but the Basters and Oorlams are not Boer. But why does it matter where they migrated from, other that that they did?

It matters because it has to make sense? If they are related to the Afrikaners, the Afrikaners must exist - and South Africa is Scandinavian, not Dutch.

If he can explain the migration of Dutch related people to his area, sure, it would work. But we need to know the facts.
It
Right, but South Africa was British irl, not Dutch, at this time. The Dutch East India Company lost its control in 1795. The British Control is in what large part lead to the Dorsland Trek and Voortrekkers.

Hell, a good number of French Huguenots settled the area when the Dutch and British were in control during the late 18th century. I don't necessarily see why the settlers of Namibia have to be Dutch

Free Leonard Peltier!!

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:57 am

Full Nation Name: Confederation of the Shawnee, Miami, Sioux Nations, Cheyenne, Arapaho, Pawnee, Chickasaw, Comanche, etc.
Majority/Official Culture: Plains Nations Culture
Territorial Core: Modern Day Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, North and South Dakota.
Territorial Claim: The Great Plains.
Capital City: Prophetstown, where the Confederate Council meets.
Population: 920,000

Government Type: Confederation
Government Ideology/Policies: Anti-Imperialism
Government Focus: Ensure the independence of the Confederation and Plains Nations.
Head of State: Confederate Council
Head of Government: Confederate Council
Government Description: When Tecumseh sought to found a confederation, he looked to the Haudnesoene constitution for wisdom and guidance. He created a system where each nation would appoint a delegation of chiefs (The appointment process differing between tribes) to meet together in discussion, mostly on foreign policy. Each nation was put together into one of four groups, based off the Haudnesoene Moieties, depending on their size or power, except for the Shawnee delegation for they were considered the ceremonial head of the council and would act as a tie breaker or to keep order among discussion. Any delegation from any nation could propose a resolution. From its proposal, the Delegation that the proposer was apart of would debate the merits, and if they all agreed the motion would be passed to the other member of the group. If the delegation was in one of the two junior groups, then they would need the majority of the Nations in their group to agree to pass it, upon which the matter would be passed to the other Junior group. If the delegation was in one of the two Senior groups, they would need all nations in their group to agree. In order for a resolution to reach the Shawnee, both Junior Groups would have to vote a majority in favor, and both Senior Groups would need to vote unanimously to pass it. The Shawnee could then either affirm the bills passage, or send it back for another round of debate, starting it over. If after starting over, the bill is passed again the Shawnee must agree to the resolutions passage. Resolutions can be matters as large as treaties or declarations of war, or as small as appointing diplomats or government officials.

Majority/State Religion: Various
Religious Description: The people of the confederation are vary diverse in their beliefs. Over the passage of time, a large percentage of the population has converted to Christianity, with many follow Catholicism spread by European Missionaries. However, many still follow the old beliefs, with each tribe having its own native religion although all of them being linked by the catch all term of Animism. There also exists a sizeable Mormon Population driven westwards after seeing persecution on the east coast.

Economic Ideologies: Capitalism
Major Production: Leather, Agricultural goods.
Economic Description: The Confederation is situated on the great plains, a vast and arid sea of grass. Since its foundation, many tribes have settled down to farm the land, while many others continue on hunting the massive herds of buffalo that roam the land. The buffalo provide meat for eating, bones for use in tools, and their hides can be used to make leather for clothes, tents or for trade/sale. In the east, many nations along the Mississippi use its river water and fertile land to grow Maize and other crops, and then sell it to foreigners along those very rivers. The Confederation also enjoys a small mining sector in the western territories, supplying the confederation with iron and minerals.

Development: Semi-Industrialized
Development Description: Through reforms passed by the Council, the Confederation has sought to seek western technology and power while maintaining native traditions. The Confederate Army is based on the western model of warfare, and in the major cities of the confederation like Prophetstown or the Shawnee Capital of Tecumseh on the Mississippi in the north-east you can find modern brick buildings and even water powered mills or textile factories. However, the majority of the confederation in land is still underdeveloped. There exists no railroads in the nation, nor are there any large scale factories powered by coal. Nations like the Comanche and others in the central parts of the confederate continue to be nomadic hunters, still living in mobile camps dotted with buffalo hide tents.

Army Description:
The Army of the Confederation is a modern force to equal that of the west. Drilled in a mix of Western tactics and tactics learned through combat with colonial powers, the army does its best to make up for its small size. The Army is based off a system of very limited conscription, in which each nation must supply a certain number of men based off their population. The Army is organized into Four Infantry Regiments made up of Ten companies of 120 men each, and Ten Mounted Regiments made up of Ten troops of 50 men each, bringing it to a total of 10,000 men. The Regiments in times of peace act as mostly organizational units, as Companies and Troops are usually assigned independent postings along the border regions of the Confederation, using wooden forts as their bases.
Army Weakness: The largest weakness of the army is its size, with only 10,000 men it becomes difficult for the Army to protect the vast plains that the confederation inhabits. Additionally, with the Confederation not being industrialized supply is a large issue, as it takes weeks or months for supplies to reach units across the plains, forcing them to live off the land.
Naval Description : N/A
Naval Weakness : N/A
Further Military Description:
Equipment:
Confederate Arsenal Standard Land Pattern Rifle, Magazine, 6.5mm

Browning Arms Company Model 1900, 11.4mm

Browning Arms Company Model 1896 Machine Gun, 6.5mm

Universal Pattern Service Uniform

81mm Ordnance Field Gun

National Goals: Protecting the Independence of the Confederation
National Issues: Conflict between those who seek to expand the Confederacy and fight the Imperialist powers, and those who wish to remain neutral
National Figures of Interest: Hinmatóowyalahtq̓it, Red Cloud, Black Elk, Geronimo.
National Ambition/Aspirations: [[OPTIONAL]] [[Not really a set objective, but rather the big picture that your nation is drawing towards]]

History:
1629: Beginning of the Beaver wars, tribes around the Great Lakes attempt to fight Iroquois expansion into their territory.
1680: The Shawnee, Miami, and multiple other tribes are driven westward after being defeated by the Iroquois, due to their use of European firearms.
1701: The Shawnee, Miami, and Sioux nations form an alliance designed to combat any attempts by the Iroquois to expand westward.
1768: The alliance is broken after a group of Shawnee settle in Dakota territory, leading a group of Dakota to drive them off and burn down their village. In retaliation, the Shawnee and Miami declare war on the Sioux.
1789: End of the Sioux Wars, the two sides agree to a peace after having lost tens of thousands in the war. The Shawnee move south to modern day Iowa, and the Miami to modern day Minnesota. Tenskwatawa and his younger brother Tecumseh, both chiefs of the Shawnee, were instrumental in the peace.
1801: Tenskwatawa begins a religious movement, based around the revival of strict religious study and the rejection of foreign nations.
1808:
RP Sample: Y E E T

#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)
Last edited by The Traansval on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:58 am

NewLakotah wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It matters because it has to make sense? If they are related to the Afrikaners, the Afrikaners must exist - and South Africa is Scandinavian, not Dutch.

It
Right, but South Africa was British irl, not Dutch, at this time. The Dutch East India Company lost its control in 1795. The British Control is in what large part lead to the Dorsland Trek and Voortrekkers.

Hell, a good number of French Huguenots settled the area when the Dutch and British were in control during the late 18th century. I don't necessarily see why the settlers of Namibia have to be Dutch

This is an alternate history. So at this moment, South Africa hasn't been Dutch or English at any point in history. It has been Scandinavian.

The Namibia player has been told that his previous concept doesn't work, and other players gave him ideas as to what he could do, and he chose Dutch settlers. That's his choice - as long as he can explain it, it could work. Sanabel tried to explain the geography and situation of the area so that the player would know what he's facing - and you bringing real life examples that don't work in this world and timeline isn't helping.

So let's just let the player work on his concept and we'll see what he manages to do.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:02 am

NewLakotah wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It matters because it has to make sense? If they are related to the Afrikaners, the Afrikaners must exist - and South Africa is Scandinavian, not Dutch.

It

British control is exactly what led to the treks. It wasn't just the Dutch. There were French Hugeunots as you said, there were a lot of Germans, Swedes, and Danes as well.

No one ever said they had to be Dutch. I was only trying to make the point that the player needs to be careful when using Namibia since it is difficult to settle as its inland areas are not easily accessible. Whether the starting point is from land or sea, harsh desert must be crossed.

That's why the population was barely 400,000 in 1900. Today there aren't even 100,000 whites in Namibia. And that's not just Afrikaners, but Germans and Portuguese as well.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:12 am

If someone applies to be a Netherlands I am open to revising my history to have captured Cape Colony in the 1600s from the Dutch so that the players in this current dispute can get their Boers and Afrikaans. I simply do not wish to do anything like that while it is still up in the air what kind of state exists in the lowlands.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:53 am

Plzen wrote:If someone applies to be a Netherlands I am open to revising my history to have captured Cape Colony in the 1600s from the Dutch so that the players in this current dispute can get their Boers and Afrikaans. I simply do not wish to do anything like that while it is still up in the air what kind of state exists in the lowlands.

Methinks the uberPrussia might have something to do with that. :P

Anyhow, I just wanna be a democracy yo. I'll look at the native countries to see if I can tailor stuff.

If I am allowed to be Dutch, I for see a Canada U.S. relationship between my nation and yours.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:09 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:cutting this whole bit out.

Now frankly I know the app isn't exactly the best standard and I know I had a poor way of explaining it. But to be honest there is some sort of bias it seems as every unrealistic aspect seen within the RP, as to be honest is the whole theme about alt div RPs that I've seen, and this bias mostly comes from you admins of the RP. I am not saying that I dislike the criticism, I do want to make a better app however this is seemingly just nitpicking and beyond the point of actual reason for an RP like this. You bring up frenchification is not properly justified or explained when I provided a basic, and the most realistic reasoning for it. You explain that's what happened in real life despite the fact we are obviously speaking English rather then french. Normandy owns England, not vice versa. The nobles, even though you have said this, are Norman. And they stay Norman. They do not flip flop, they do not lose power. Now they begin a frenchification in England and Wales to further their ability to govern it. I have noted that there are groups that share the old English language and culture to the far north near the Scottish Border. At least I tried to, if I didn't forgive me. But going on further with what you brought up, about my military, I've explained numbers, local colonial numbers, and equipment without going insanely in depth as I was going to do so throughout the IC. I do not mean to sound rude or egotistical, my military isn't the best for sure but for sure it should not be deniable. It gives you what you need to understand it. Another thing was that towards the end you mentioned me becoming defensive when I was trying to be reasonable. I explained my actions and why I chose a few things briefly and then fixed my app. This time however you go through it and act as if it's not to quality as other ones are. I do agree, it is lacking in some minor aspects as it is hard for me to be descriptive as I'd want to be on a phone but it's not a bad app. It works for the RP. I will agree, now I am on the defensive as I feel that this application is being held to a higher degree of inspection which, I must say, is agitating. I respect the opinions of the admins who judge my app and I want to respond to it. You suggested that me becoming defensive might lead to my withdrawal from the RP or for you to ask me to leave. This is a blatant warning hidden in nice text. If you believe I am hostile to the point of annoyance to you and the other admins, and that I am providing a negative experience for other players, then I can leave if you so desire. But I do not want to as I've always been eager to test out a frenchified England. I respected the RP and did not reform some massive British Empire because I want people to play in Africa, or India, or anywhere else where Britain poked it's head in. I wanted my history outside the isles to be vague as to avoid conflict with potential applications or current players. it might seem lazy but I believe it is more helpful then detrimental and lazy. You say you mostly let Elerian and Trace deal with apps and I respected their criticism and appreciated their response. But I simply don't understand what the cause is for the break down and, from what I've seen, denial of my application. If I am wrong please tell me, I do not want to look like some idiot or immature person. I want to RP here and I will respect admin opinions. If this becomes an issue I want to resolve it. If it isn't an issue I can adjust some minor aspects with my app and we can call it a day. It is really up to you and the others.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Tejang
Attaché

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tejang » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Here's what i have so far:
1815- Dutch settlers have managed to settle on the western coast of Namibia but they haven't get in contact with Africans natives yet. They have named the Colony of Oldenrode after a man have made a joke about a town in Germany but it turns out to be fake. Only 7 people have died as a result of malnutrition and starvation. It would take 4 years for the Dutch to reach its geopolitical position similar to Namibia's. Gijsbert aan Zellen have became the nation's 1st Governor.
1819- Herero tribesmen have attacked several Dutch settlements but they were unable to repel the invasion making the colonization much more difficult. A trading post has been established for foreigners to trade with the Dutch settlers for food and weapons.
1824- The conflict between Dutch settlers and the Herero tribesmen have made the establishment of a soon-will-be independent republic very difficult to manage but decided to continue on with their expansion to colonize all of Namibia. Gijsbert aan Zellen was succeeded by Jan-Dirk Arentzen.
1834- After ten years of hardship and conflict against the Herero people they have successfully colonize all of Namibia but they have to deal with the war against the Herero people in order to achieve.
1856- The colonial government have decided to declare independence from the Netherlands and renamed the country to the Republic of Oldenrode without the Dutch government's permission to do so straining their relations with them. They have already elected its first President named Willem Knapen but he haven't establish a political party making him a independent politician. He went on to become president for fifthteen years until he was succeeded by Boudewijn Zonnenberg.
1871- The Oldenrode government have passed a law that allows African natives to attend Whites only schools meaning that the President have a lighter side of him but still have to deal with other problems like racism and poverty.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:45 pm

Tejang wrote:Here's what i have so far:
1815- Dutch settlers have managed to settle on the western coast of Namibia but they haven't get in contact with Africans natives yet. They have named the Colony of Oldenrode after a man have made a joke about a town in Germany but it turns out to be fake. Only 7 people have died as a result of malnutrition and starvation. It would take 4 years for the Dutch to reach its geopolitical position similar to Namibia's. Gijsbert aan Zellen have became the nation's 1st Governor.
1819- Herero tribesmen have attacked several Dutch settlements but they were unable to repel the invasion making the colonization much more difficult. A trading post has been established for foreigners to trade with the Dutch settlers for food and weapons.
1824- The conflict between Dutch settlers and the Herero tribesmen have made the establishment of a soon-will-be independent republic very difficult to manage but decided to continue on with their expansion to colonize all of Namibia. Gijsbert aan Zellen was succeeded by Jan-Dirk Arentzen.
1834- After ten years of hardship and conflict against the Herero people they have successfully colonize all of Namibia but they have to deal with the war against the Herero people in order to achieve.
1856- The colonial government have decided to declare independence from the Netherlands and renamed the country to the Republic of Oldenrode without the Dutch government's permission to do so straining their relations with them. They have already elected its first President named Willem Knapen but he haven't establish a political party making him a independent politician. He went on to become president for fifthteen years until he was succeeded by Boudewijn Zonnenberg.
1871- The Oldenrode government have passed a law that allows African natives to attend Whites only schools meaning that the President have a lighter side of him but still have to deal with other problems like racism and poverty.

I'm not apart of the Admin council so don't take this as an official critique, but I have a few questions personally. Why would the dutch settle on the Naimbian coast when just south of it there is the Cape and just north is the Congo, both of which are more profitable ventures? IRL the only nation to colonized Namibia was Germany, and that was largely because the more profitable bits had been claimed by other powers. Also, up until the 1880's and the Scramble, european policy to Africa was largely to just colonize the coast line, so the Dutch expanding into the interior of Namibia in the 1820's and 1830's is a bit out of character. Thats not to say all europeans stuck to the coast, but those who didn't had good reasons; the British expanded Cape Colony north after the discovery of Diamonds, and the French expanded south into Algeria to control the Sahara. Namibia is fairly barren in terms of natural resources. Also, the whole Africans attending Whites schools is very out of character, there's a reason why Europeans rarely gave education to natives; educated natives make far better insurgents and rebels than uneducated natives.

Tejang
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tejang » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:07 pm

The Traansval wrote:

I'm not apart of the Admin council so don't take this as an official critique, but I have a few questions personally. Why would the dutch settle on the Naimbian coast when just south of it there is the Cape and just north is the Congo, both of which are more profitable ventures? IRL the only nation to colonized Namibia was Germany, and that was largely because the more profitable bits had been claimed by other powers. Also, up until the 1880's and the Scramble, european policy to Africa was largely to just colonize the coast line, so the Dutch expanding into the interior of Namibia in the 1820's and 1830's is a bit out of character. Thats not to say all europeans stuck to the coast, but those who didn't had good reasons; the British expanded Cape Colony north after the discovery of Diamonds, and the French expanded south into Algeria to control the Sahara. Namibia is fairly barren in terms of natural resources. Also, the whole Africans attending Whites schools is very out of character, there's a reason why Europeans rarely gave education to natives; educated natives make far better insurgents and rebels than uneducated natives.

That's it?

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:39 pm

I'm not admin, but you need quite a bit more clarification in your posts.

First, read a bit about the actual colonization of Namibia. The Boers did not come from the coast, but from Cape Colony, farther south, where the British ruled. They pushed north from there into Namibia from the South, during the Dorsland Trek. There was no colonization of the coast line, almost until the Germans did so very late into 1880s. Hence why Windhoek is not along the coastline like most other African capitals. Now in this rp, we have no British colony of Cape Colony, instead it is apart of the Nordic african colonies. Thus, things should be adapted so forth. Second, as far as we know, the Netherlands never colonized anything. Even in rl, the only colonial attempts here, was the Dutch East India Company. And they were overtaken by the British, in real life, very quickly. So in this, history has to be adjusted to adapt to that. Having Dutch settlers is fine, I guess, but should be explained. There were, irl, a good number of French,Danish, and other colonists of South Africa in the already controlled British colonies. it might be ok with the admins to keep it as a former Dutch colony, but that's up to them not me.

Its already been said to you that the coastline of Namibia is very inhospitable and nearly impossible to land and only 2, that i know of, natural harbor locations even to think of beginning at.

2. Having racial harmony, or at least the beginnings of, is an admirable effort, albeit a lost one. Why would the Boers, heavily outnumbered by native Africans, be so quick and willing to acquiese their power? Why and how are they about to educate native Africans? How is there an economy in Namibia? In real life, Namibia eventually began to make its money of its gem mining, and other types of mining as well. But Boers were hardly miners, and even still, Namibia as a mining centre and other parts of Africa, survived as mining colonies because of that, they were colonies. Why were their so many fights between European powers and even between European powers and native tribes? Over the control of the mining. So, after the discovery of said natural resources, how is it that Oldenrode is still independent? Why would the Dutch just let you go with no fight? I mean, you basically did an American indepedence move, you really think the Dutch would let their money pit in Africa slip away because of a few Boers voting to be indepedent?

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Tejang
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tejang » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:47 pm

NewLakotah wrote:

I'm not admin, but you need quite a bit more clarification in your posts.

First, read a bit about the actual colonization of Namibia. The Boers did not come from the coast, but from Cape Colony, farther south, where the British ruled. They pushed north from there into Namibia from the South, during the Dorsland Trek. There was no colonization of the coast line, almost until the Germans did so very late into 1880s. Hence why Windhoek is not along the coastline like most other African capitals. Now in this rp, we have no British colony of Cape Colony, instead it is apart of the Nordic african colonies. Thus, things should be adapted so forth. Second, as far as we know, the Netherlands never colonized anything. Even in rl, the only colonial attempts here, was the Dutch East India Company. And they were overtaken by the British, in real life, very quickly. So in this, history has to be adjusted to adapt to that. Having Dutch settlers is fine, I guess, but should be explained. There were, irl, a good number of French,Danish, and other colonists of South Africa in the already controlled British colonies. it might be ok with the admins to keep it as a former Dutch colony, but that's up to them not me.

Its already been said to you that the coastline of Namibia is very inhospitable and nearly impossible to land and only 2, that i know of, natural harbor locations even to think of beginning at.

2. Having racial harmony, or at least the beginnings of, is an admirable effort, albeit a lost one. Why would the Boers, heavily outnumbered by native Africans, be so quick and willing to acquiese their power? Why and how are they about to educate native Africans? How is there an economy in Namibia? In real life, Namibia eventually began to make its money of its gem mining, and other types of mining as well. But Boers were hardly miners, and even still, Namibia as a mining centre and other parts of Africa, survived as mining colonies because of that, they were colonies. Why were their so many fights between European powers and even between European powers and native tribes? Over the control of the mining. So, after the discovery of said natural resources, how is it that Oldenrode is still independent? Why would the Dutch just let you go with no fight? I mean, you basically did an American indepedence move, you really think the Dutch would let their money pit in Africa slip away because of a few Boers voting to be indepedent?

I know. This is just a rough draft so i might have trouble coming up with the alternate history of Namibia.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:28 pm

NewLakotah wrote:

Full Nation Name : La Nation Française, Le 2eme Empire Français. The French Nation. The 2nd French Empire - Generally simply known as the French Empire (Empire Français)
Majority/Official Culture : French. Metropolitan Français in France and Guiana, Afrique Noire Française in Africa.
Territorial Core : France. Colonial control over Afrique L'Ouest and Afrique l'Est and Madagascar. Integrated colonial control over Guiana.
Territorial Claim : Normandie, Le Pays-Bas (Low Countries), Le Congo de Sud (South of the British owned Congo, no colonial control) and l'Afrique Centrale
Capital City : Paris, France
Population : Metropolitan France: 37,000,000 (Metro France minus Normandie) French Overseas Empire: 25,535,000 (includes Native populations along with white populations)
- 3 million blanc Africains 19 million noir Africain 3 million personnes de couleur (Coloured people - mixed black/white) 35,000 in Guiana.

Government Type : [[Monarchy, Republic, etc.]] Unitary Constitutional Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : [[OPTIONAL]] Imperialism, Catholicism, Expansionism, Colonialism
Government Focus : Creation of the Imperial empire throughout Africa, and throughout South America and the Caribbean. Increasing the control of the central authority of the government. Gaining resources and developing the French colonies, creating them in the image of France. Reclaiming all parts of France and its former glory, rebuilding the economy and industrializing the nation. Keeping France first and dominant on the Continent, unifying all of France and French-speaking peoples of Europe.
Head of State : Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte - By the Grace of God and Will of the Nation, Napoleon IV, Emperor of the French, Co-Prince of Andorra, Emperor of Africa -- Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte -Par la Grâce de Dieu et la volonté de la Nation - Napoleon IV, Empereur Des Francais, Co-Prince d'Andorre, Empereur d'Afrique
Head of GovernmentPrime Minister Jean-Luc Martin
Government Description : Head of state, Presidential powers, Government resides with the Emperor, legistative control and assembly rests with the Prime Minister. The Prime Minister is an elected position, ahead of the Corps Legaslatif, the Parliament, the lower house, the Corps Legislatif, as well as the Senat, the upper house. The Emperor is the official arbiter of all political processes, and has the right to bypass the legislature if he wishes, or to dismiss the Prime Minister or dissolve the government whenever he wises. However, after Constitutional Reforms throughout the 1880's and 90's, the Emperor's actual control has been limited, with more power residing with the Parliament. However, the Emperor still wields significant authority over all things concerning France, as well as its Colonies. Each colony is separately governed by a local assembly with the Governeur-General in charge of all political matters. He is strictly appointed by the Emperor himself and governs at the will of the Emperor for as long as the Emperor wishes.

Majority/State Religion : Catholicism
Religious Description : The Emperor is Defender of the Catholic Faith. The Catholic Faith is the One, True, Holy, Apostolic, Catholic Church. It is the dominant Faith across all of France and its colonies. However, there is a minority of Protestant followers and followers of other sects of Christianity. In Africa and Guiana, Catholicism and Christianity are by far the most dominant, with native tribal religions coming in second, mostly in the rural areas where French control is much less dominant. Muslim influences in some northern regions are minimal, but some tribes are fully committed to that faith, however, they are a minority religion.

Economic Ideologies : Recently, the French economy has seen a fair amount of liberalization of economics and polices, mostly enacted since the rise of Napoleon III. It is pushing through the Industrial Revolution and has seen more and more capitalistic principles. Liberalization of trade and removal of tariffs have greatly increased trade and industry in France. However, it would best be described as a Mixed-Market Economy, drawing from Capitalism and Mercantilism, with a tad bit of early Industrial Socialism been recently sprinkled in since the dawn of the new century in the face of workers unrest and demonstrations. Napoleon IV has been key in de-nationalizing some industries and encouraging investment and finances into Africa and Guiana. More tariffs were removed and taxation and duties reformed. Napoleon IV has removing many taxes on trade and investment on money and movement of money to make Paris the centre of finance on the Continent.
Major Production : Agriculture is still large, Textile, manufacturing and processing of raw resources form their colonies. Financial sectors, consumerism are key components. Banking and Finance have grown under the Napoleon IV strategy of making Paris the Continental Finance centre.
Economic Description : The French Economy is still highly based on rural economics and agriculture. The economic center is still Paris as the dominant center of the entire country. the Bordeaux region is a growing import/export sector. Over the past 100 years, France has worked hard to industralise alongside the rest of Europe, and progress can be certainly seen in the mining and factory heavy Alsace Region. Raw materials and processing is a very large sector connecting their colonies to the mainland. Trade between colonies and European nations has increased with liberalized economics. Since the 1850's and especially during the 1880's Paris and France became a massive continental finance center, something the government has been keen on increasing over the past several years. Railroads have been slow in crossing the nation, but the past 20 years has seen massive growth in the sector, helping grow their industrial and manufacturing output.

Development: [Modern, Semi-Industrialized, or Primitive] Modern
Development Description : Paris has always been a centre of Continental politics and trade. With its connections to Africa and its resources, it has seen massive amounts of industrialization since the 1830's and has only boomed more since the new century. However, it would best be described as a recently industrialized nation, with rural towns all connected to Paris remaining the norm.

Army Description : l'Armee Francais is the pride and joy of the French peoples and the Empire. Throughout its long history, it has enjoyed its successes and it builds of off the traditions of old, and especially from the Napoleonic Traditions from the Post-Revolution Army. The standing force remains at about 400,000 men and officers. Another 1,420,000 remain reservists. l'Armee Afrique is a separate, by technicality, force that combines regiments of regular Metropolitan careerists with locally raised Colonial forces to main the frontiers, ensure order as well as participate in conquest and wars on all continents.

The Army builds his tradition and strategical formations based off of the Grande Armee raised and commanded by Napoleon I. It remains the same system of professionalism, however, has adapted to 20th century concerns and affairs. The Army is structured into 4 separate regional command, Les Districts Militaire, Metropolitan France, Afrique de l'Ouest, Afrique de l'Est and l'Amerique de Sud. The Army is formed into 6 corps, the same standard of the Grande Armee. At the head is the Commander-in-Chief, the Emperor. The training for the soldiers is intense, drilling and mass infantry movements key to the training and strategic studies. Massed infantry assault and fire techniques are stressed more than individual marksmanship, and independency of command is applauded for her officers. The African Army has a standing army of only 85,000 soldiers, of which 21,000 are Metropolitan troops, while the rest are locally raised and trained, generally and in theory, to the same standard that the regular forces are trained too. This is not to make it seem that many of the troops in l'Armee Afrique are not white. Many are, but are considered French Africans, serving in units alongside Black African regiments. Many local French are usually officers in the Afrique military command, commanding over the black Africans.

For most of the military, mass infantry maneuver and artillery is considered key to winning, and as such is the most important aspect. The artillery corps is large and well equipped and trained, with the most modern of equipment possible. The French fighting spirit and individual victory over their opponent is also key, and their uniforms demonstrate that, their dark blue jackets and bright red pants there to demonstrate the dominance and pride of the French people and the individual soldier. Soldiers are expected to serve 4 years as active duty soldiers, and remain on reserve lists for 20 years, after which they are removed from service officially. The order of processes go:

Active Army (20–24)
Reserve of the Active Army (25–34)
Territorial Army (35–41)
Reserve of the Territorial Army (42–48)

This is generally in fear of their bigger and larger enemies to the East and the South, all of whom greatly outnumber the French. These large neighbors have also made sure that the French military staff have stressed training for their army, as well as planning for any and all threats of war. They have prepared extensive lines of fortified towns and cities from The Somme down to Verdun and all the to the French Alps, which are considered a natural defense in its own right.

The Army rewards its career soldiers well, many of whom are battleharded from wars on the Continent and wars in Africa. Most professional members of the military have seen action more than once in several different parts of the world, honing their tactics and strategies to bring them to the next battlefield. They were also very well equipped. Fielding some of the best and most modern light artillery pieces in the world, the French 75, and smaller numbers of other heavier howitzers. The Infantry are equipped with the Lebel M1886, the 8mm standard rifle, a solidly built and high capacity rifle that was the standard throughout the Army.

Army Weakness : The rigid tradition and structure hurts the French Army. Its dedication to the past and upholding the honour and traditions of previous generations of soldiers has hurt the French Army from modifying its tactics and uniforms. The stress on mass assault is still a deeply held belief among all of the higher military staff. Even that, with its rigid military system hurts the Staff Planning College, which boasts only 21 Staff Officers apart of the Army Planning Staff.
Naval Description : The French Navy, Marine Nationale or also known as "La Royale", is a well equipped and modern force with two major duties, protection of French national and trade rights and protection of French soil and colonies. This means that the French Navy holds Bases in French Guiana, Madagascar, Cote d'Ivoire and off the coast of Brittany and the south of France in the Mediterranean Sea. From its earliest beginnings, the French Navy has always played second fiddle next to the Infantry and the Ground Forces. However, that doesn't mean that the Navy doesn't get its fair share. It boasts a highly modern fleet, ranging from large Battleships, down to armoured cruisers. The growth of the Navy as been a pet project by the Emperor since he took power, massively modernizing its fleet so it could match any navy in the world at any place, controlling sea routes and trade from the Adriatic to the Caribbean and down to the Horn of Africa. As such, the Navy is organized into various Battle Groups, each based from one of their bases. Which are:

Cayenne, French Guiana - Caribbean, South Atlantic

Cherbourg, France - Channel, North Sea

Brest, France - North Atlantic Mid Atlantic

Toulon, France - Mediterranean, Aegean

Abidjan, Afrique d'Ouest - South Mid Atlantic Gulf of Guinea

Diego-Suarez, Madagascar - Indian Ocean down to Horn of Africa, Pacific

Maputo, Mozambique - Indian Ocean, Straits Gulf of Aden Pacific

Total number of vessels:
7 pre-dreadnaughts
28 Battleships
32 Cruisers
138 Destroyers
103 TBs
15 Submarines/submersibles
32 Misc. ships
Each Battle Group is shaped around their star pre-dreadnaughts and pocket battleships, supplemented with cruisers, destroyers and other armoured vessels. They work interdependently, but are trained and ready to work on their own against any threat they might face. Over the past several years, modernization efforts, particularly in lighter, faster destroyers have picked up, as well as developing the next biggest and largest of the newer pre-Dreadnaughts.
Naval Weakness : Its not the British Navy. That might seem obvious, but its also a mentality thing. They know they are second to the army. It is by far not the largest, even though it is certainly growing. It is also scattered around the world, protecting its all important trade sectors and colonies. It is well trained and equipped, but it is not the largest or most dominant naval force by any standard. It is not, as it were, the darling of France while the Army is. It is well formed with its battle groups, however, it lacks the ability to effectively dominate any region entirely with obtuse naval strength, instead relying on simply challenging the domestic navies and remaining out of major engagements.
Further Military Description : WIP

National Goals : Growing their reach in Africa, particularly, but also in other parts of the world. Growing French prestige in Europe, challenging its main rivals for control over the mainland. Dominant the world and Christianize and cultivate a dominant economy in Africa.
National Issues : Economics. The French government needs to dominate Continental economics and global trade from America and South America. France, for all its worth, feels threatened by growing power and strength all around it, and Europe is feeling dense and suffocating. Africa is all important, but is France throwing too much money into its colonies? British holdings in Normandie are a severe blow to French national pride, as such France is desperate to make itself dominate and assert herself into the big picture, as powers such as Rome and Germany dominate much of the Continental picture.
National Figures of Interest :

Historical Figures that are highly important to note:
Charelmagne, first King of the Franks

Napoleon I. The founder of the Bonaparte Dynasty, and the most important revered figure in French modern history.

Louis XVI - same as Napoleon, but the exact opposite in every way. He is known as the Last King of France, and looked as a negative symbol. Any negative person in politics is compared to Louis.

Jeanne d'Arc - Hero of the Hundred Years War and French Catholic martyr. Made symbol of France by Napoleon I and French Empire Patron Saint by Napoleon IV.

Current figures of note today:

Government -
Prime Minister Jean-Juc Martin, Prime Minister

Adolphe Gustave Roy important political figure, Conservative minister. "Lion of Africa". Born in Mozambique, he represents Africa like no other, standing for Africa and more political integration. Also a key member of the economic Revolution in decentralizing economic authority from the government to the people and a major proponent of economic capitalism.

General Louis Jalbert - Commander of the French Armies, Chief of Staff of the French Army. Marshall of the Empire. A key figure and right hand military man to the Emperor. The Emperor effectively is the General-in-Chief of the Armies, while Jalbert is his key officer. However, Jalbert manages the day-to-day affairs and planning operations of the French military, coordinating with the French Navy

Louis Thibault - Economic adviser to the Emperor, Cabinet in Chief, Chief of Staff.

National Ambition/Aspirations : As everybody knows, Metropolitan French is the best culture and language. It is the language and culture of love, and it worships the One True God, through the One, True Church. France is the enlightened centre of the world. Paris is the shining beacon of Europe and of civilization, not even the Prussian militaristic dynasties cannot suffocate the light of Paris and France. Even Rome, the traditional and old capital of culture cannot match Paris. Thus, the Frenchification of Africa and the world must happen. Civilization must spread outwards. Africa, regardless of their colour, should become French. Europe is the most enlightened centre of the world, and as such must show the rest of the world up to our standard, Europeanizing them in any manner we must.

In more serious reporting, the French people are still a proud people an refuse to play second fiddle to any nation, no matter who or their closeness in their friendship, they will be equals or higher, that is all. however, they do recognize that they have to prove their place on the Continent against old powers such as the Roman Empires, Spain and the rising Prussian Power.

History : Rough draft history.
486: Frankish king, Clovis I defeats Syagrius to conquer all of Roman Gaul and defeat the last Roman rump state in Gaul
511: the Frankish kingdom falls into 4 separate Frankish kingdoms after the death of Clovis, one for each of his sons.
786: The Frankish kingdoms are fully united by into a single kingdom once again by Charlemagne. He becomes king of the Franks and king of the Lombards.
800: Charlemagne remains close with the Christian Church, keeping with the Pope and his followings. He declares himself, in front of the Pope, to be Emperor. He dominates much of France and Germania for 14 years before his death.
888: The Carolingian Empire, founded by Charlemagne, ends and collapses, leaving France into several divided kingdoms. The Kingdom of West Francia consolidates power over much of what is now known as France as well as the Low Countries.
During this time, the Frankish people stay close to the Pope and to his leadership, attempting to correct any branch of Christianity that attempted to break from the Pope or religious group that acted in hostility towards Greater Christianity. As such, Frankish soldiers were one of the main participants in the Crusades, sending thousands and thousands of knights and soldiers down to the Holy Lands and beyond to end the Heathen threat to Christendom. Many French knights were rulers of the Crusader Kingdoms for a short while as well. However the Carolingian kings were weak, over a weak Kingdom and they were eventually overthrown
987: The Capetians under Hugh Capet take over France. They are a much more powerful dynasty and they and their cadet branches would rule France for the next several centuries.
1066: Norman lords lead by William the Conqueror attack and take over all of England. They remain under Norman control. French kings, since they effectively, but not in a real manner, in control over Normandie, declare themselves rightful rules of England. However, little is acted upon for some time.
1337: The Capetian dynasty, weakened over several years, has lost control of Normandie and much of Brittany to the English and Norman kings. The dynasty fails and the throne is left in air. Norman/English kings declare their rightful ownership and are pitted against Valois. Thus begins the Hundred Years War
1412: Joan of Arc is born
1415: French armies are decisively defeated at the Battle of Agincourt
1429: Joan of Arc saves France during the Siege of Orleans, she becomes a national hero and helps lead the armies of France to a series of victories, ensuring that France as a whole doesn’t fall to the Angloterre imposters.
1430: Joan of Arc is captured by Anglais allies and is tried and burned at the stake by les Anglais. However, she is considered a martyr, and eventually does become a martyr, and she inspires the nation forward.
1453: Hundred Years War ends. The Valois establish their control over the French throne, and les Anglais are confined to the northern coasts. French forces were unable to totally pry the British off of the mainland.
1589: The first Bourbon king establishes his reign under King Henry IV. However, he is a Calvinist. This begins the first periods of the Religious Wars.
1592: Henry is initially deposed, but reclaims the throne, albeit a weakened one. He converts to Catholicism.
1610: Louis XIII takes over from his father. Raised by his Catholic mother, he renounces all attempts at allowing Protestantism into France and starts a series of purges against the Protestant leadership and lords, taking the Religious Wars to the next step. The Dutchy of Brittany allies itself with l’Angleterre instead of the French throne. This caused a second French Civil War between warring Catholic and Protestant leaning thrones, despite that Brittany is devoutly Catholic.
1638: Louis the Great succeeds his father and unites the Crown under himself. He ends the feudalism era in France by consolidated all power in his court in Versailles. The Dutchy of Brittany remains semi-independent, but loyal to the crown, since he is the French King as chosen by God. He announces Edict of Nantes, eliminating the rights of Huguenots in France. Most flee abroad, some to Africa, some to the Americas.
1645: First overseas colonies in Haiti and French Guyane (Guiana) are established. However, Haiti will fail as a colony, all Guyane will only barely hang on.
1678: France conquers most of the Low Countries.
1715: Louis the Great dies having reigned 72 years and is succeeded by his great-grandson Louis, Duke of Anjou. Angloterre claims Anjou, causing the short Franco-English War. It ends quickly and Louis assumes his role as King of France and Duke of Brittany.
1774: Louis XVI takes over from his father, the last King of France.
1789: In an effort to form a second voice of the people, the people form the National Assembly to draw up a Constitution for France. The commoners also form the National Guard, wearing, for the fist time, the tri-colour of France. They later adapt this to form the National Flag.
On July 14th, French citizens storm the Bastille, kickstarting the French Revolution.
On August 26th, they sign the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen. After, the Revolution turns against the Church and the clergy, angering the clergy and the more devout Catholic regions, particularly Brittany who turn from the Revolution. Other provinces do the same.
1792: The French National Guard and citizens along with members of the French army storm the Palace where the Royal Family lives. They kill almost all the Swiss Guards defending the King. The King flees but is a prisoner who losses all of his power. He awaits trial along with his entire family.
1793: After the death of the last Bourbon King, the First French Republic is officially formed. Almost immediately they are beset on by war from various powers and civil wars. They lack the power to hang on and defeat the enemy. The Reign of Terror also begins as Revolutionaries dominate France killing any and all perceived threats to the Republic.
1799: One man seizes power in France, creating a military dictatorship. He declares himself to be the Revolution and creates the First French Empire. This is Napoleon I, or Napoleon the Great
1800: He undoes the negative parts of the Revolution and calls himself Emperor of the French, to symbolize his ruling for the people. He begins a series of economic reforms that saves France and begins the early parts of rebuilding the French economy.
1803: Napoleon declares war on the Angloterre and Brittany. He captures all of Brittany in the First Campaign, lasting only 3 weeks. However, Napoleon doesn’t only look at France. He invests money into the flailing colony of Guyane.
1805: Napoleon leads the expedition into Africa. He conquers parts of Afrique l’Ouest in the first moves of the Colonial Campaigns.
1806: Napoleon conquers much of East Africa along the Mozambique coast. Later he pushes north, conquering most of Somalia.
1807: Napoleon returns to Europe to take the Low Countries in a swift campaign. He moves south as well, into Spain.
1808: Napoleon returns to Africa one last time in the Madagascar Campaign. He conquers all of the Island kingdom, become becomes ill of some mysterious native disease.
1810: Switzerland is conquered by Napoleon.
1812: Napoleon attempts to conquer the last holdout of Normandie. Launching a massive French armada to defeat the Royal Navy. This ends in a catastrophic defeat that ends Napoleons string of victories. British aid eventually forces Napoleon out of Spain.
1815: Napoleon succumbs to his illness, dying and leaving his young son as Emperor. However, he is but a child. Napoleon the II’s reign is short. He is quickly overthrown by Radical Republicans who start the 2nd French Republic.
1818: Loyalists to Napoleon begin the First French Civil War. This ends the dominance of France over Napoleon’s conquests, however, Brittany remains, fighting heavily in favour of the Bonapartists. The Civil War ends in favour of the Republicans however.
1848: Napoleon III, cousin to the deceased Napoleon II and nephew of Napoleon the Great becomes President and starts a coup that makes him President for life.
1852: Napoleon holds a referendum and ends the Republic. He announces himself the Emperor of the French. The plebiscite is won by him with 97% of the vote
1856: Napoleon takes control of the nation, heavily modernizing it and rebuilding the French economy. He lowers much of the tariffs and sets about making Paris to be the economic center of the Continent.
1858: Napoleon sends expeditions into the Kenyan-Tanzanian interior. He invests millions of Francs into the colonies. However, he focuses mostly on Metropolitan France.
1870: Radical Republicans sense an opportunity to overthrow the Emperor. They have a change announced to the Constitution, and a 2nd Plebiscite is held. Napoleon III wins the vote emphatically again. However, the Republicans are only pushed back into the shadows to wait once more.
1873: Napoleon III dies and leaves the throne to his son, Louis-Napoleon Le Napoleon IV. There is some issue with how the succession should take place and Radical Republicans use this opportunity to try and seize power.
1874: France breaks out into all-out civil war again, in the Second Civil War.
1875: The French Republican Army is defeated at Soissons, ending the resistance on the continent. The Republicans flee south to the African colonies.
1876: The Battle of Maputo defeats the last Revolutionary Army, ending the 2nd French Civil War
1878: Napoleon IV holds the 3rd Plebiscite to establish his control over the people and end all Republican efforts. He wins with 95% of the vote. However, he respects some of the dissenting voice and begins work on several Constitutional Reforms
1880: The first constutional reform passes, limiting power of the Emperor and restoring governmental powers to the Prime Minister and the Corps Legislatif.
1882: Napoleon, keen on Africa, sends an expedition into the interior and encourages thousands of French citizens to move to Africa. He invests into developing the African cities and infrastructure, allowing for the natural resources of Africa to support the mainland. He also continues in the effort started by his father to redevelop and reform the economy, lowering taxes on wealth movement and financial industries to continue to try and make Paris more of an economic centre of the Continent.
1890: Napoleon builds the first of the African Palaces in Abidjan and finishes his second Grand Palace in Maputo in 1893
1899: The finale African Palace is built on Madagascar. He puts forward new money for new colonial exploration of Africa and increases French land claims over Southern and Central Africa. He officially declares himself l’Empereur d’Afrique (Emperor of Africa) and adds that to his titles.

RP Sample:
2024: Age of Superpowers
Fallout South the Mason MKIII
Outbreak
Fallout: MK-I
#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)

Pretty much all set, though the history could be a bit more detailed.
Last edited by NewLakotah on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Free Leonard Peltier!!

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:41 pm

Danceria wrote:
Plzen wrote:If someone applies to be a Netherlands I am open to revising my history to have captured Cape Colony in the 1600s from the Dutch so that the players in this current dispute can get their Boers and Afrikaans. I simply do not wish to do anything like that while it is still up in the air what kind of state exists in the lowlands.

Methinks the uberPrussia might have something to do with that. :P

Anyhow, I just wanna be a democracy yo. I'll look at the native countries to see if I can tailor stuff.

If I am allowed to be Dutch, I for see a Canada U.S. relationship between my nation and yours.

*Mouth waters at the mention of the Benelux*

*wipes mouth on sleeve*

Huh, what? No, we don't have hostile intent... definitely not. :P

miniedit: also I had changed my app's military numbers. I can lower them more if need be, but it didn't seem like one of the OP Board saw it?
Last edited by The V O I D on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:31 pm

Looks like Napoleon happened as hard as it did OTL...poor Benelux, getting consistently hammered means it'll bode ill for any colonial expansion...so it looks like my Brazil will be Spanish flavored.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Danceria wrote:Looks like Napoleon happened as hard as it did OTL...poor Benelux, getting consistently hammered means it'll bode ill for any colonial expansion...so it looks like my Brazil will be Spanish flavored.

I mean... I don't think it would effect it that much. Napoleon only conquered it for a few years. It shouldnt effect the Netherlands too much...

Free Leonard Peltier!!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse