NATION

PASSWORD

Ventismar Union[IC][Sunalaya Only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ventismar Union
Secretary

Founded: May 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ventismar Union » Wed May 30, 2018 9:35 am

The Ventismarian-Ophioneus Partnership Deal (VentiOph/VOPD) proposed by Alexandros O'Hannigan, SDA passes with a 69 votes in favour, 0 votes against and 411 abstainees

Est Ventismara nunc unita et unita maneat

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar
#SevenStateSolution4BogrealJoguestine

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Wed May 30, 2018 9:46 am

Ventismar Union Treaty

Ventismarian-Esotanan Partnership Deal (VentiEso/VEPD)

A treaty to eliminate tariffs on goods originating in Esotana destined for the Ventismarian Union and the elimination of tariffs on goods originating in the Ventismarian Union destined for Esotana.

Elimination of Tariffs
  1. All current tariffs applied by Ventismarian Union member states on Esotanan goods will be nullified in favour of a 0-0.5% tariff.

Altering the VentiEso Treaty
  1. The Ventismarian Union reserves the right to alter this treaty at any time by a standard 50% majority in parliament.
  2. Tariff percentages and specified goods can be altered within the treaty by a standard 50% majority within parliament.
  3. The treaty can only be internationally recognised with the consent and ratification of member parties i.e the Ventismarian Union and Esotana

Goods Specifically Included
  1. This treaty applies to: foodstuffs, vehicles, consumer goods, machinery, agriculture equipment, metal ores, precious metals, precious gems and uranium. (This is a non-exhaustive list)
  2. All goods sold and traded between the Ventismarian Union and Esotana MUST meet Ventismarian Union trading standards and regulations and must be lawful under the laws of the Ventismarian Parliament

Signed,
Alexandros O'Hannigan,
Social Democratic Party, SDAV
Last edited by Capsland on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

Ventismar Union
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ventismar Union » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:39 pm

The Ventismarian-Esotanan Partnership Deal (VentiEso/VOPD) proposed by Alexandros O'Hannigan, SDA passes with a 69 votes in favour, 0 votes against and 411 abstainees
Last edited by Ventismar Union on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Ventismar Union Parliament Bill

Ventismarian Continental Railroad Bill (VCRB)

A bill to commit funds to a continental railroad within the VU and future relevant projects

Establishment of the Continental Rail Company
  1. This bill will establish a rail company by the name of Continental Rail Co. to carry out the necessary work in building and maintaining the project.
  2. Funds for the project will be allocated to the Continental Rail Co. under the supervision of a board of Ventismarian Parliament officials
  3. The budget for the project shall be set by the Ventismarian Parliament but appeals to increase or decrease the budget shall be considered accordingly.

Duties of the Continental Rail Co.
  1. The company is required to carry out public works that are relevant to the project
  2. The construction of railroads and necessary employment will be carried out by the company using allocated funds
  3. The company must have operations in all VU nations that subsidise it (through this bill)
  4. The company is to maintain and upgrade tracks for the use of national rail companies
  5. The company can regulate use and pricing strategies of the tracks providing they are not hindering to the local economies of each community

Acquisition of Land
  1. The project shall acquire the land necessary to build the tracks through auction, rent or financial aqcuisition
  2. Owners of the land acquired shall be reimbursed for the inconvenience

Plans to Move to Private Sector
  1. Should the Ventismarian Parliament vote to move the Continental Rail Co. to the private sector, the budget set by this bill shall be rendered null and void.

Future Projects
  1. Future projects outside of the VU shall be allowed should the motion pass as a standard majority within the Ventismarian Parliament or the board of Ventismarian Officials overseeing the company and the project.

Signed,
Anthony Hubris,
Democracy Party, VCA

Felsinia
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:55 pm

"We are totally in favour of an active intervention of the VU in transports and Trans-Ventismarian networks, this kind of investments are too often neglected by national governments despite being a crucial element for growth and competitiveness, but we are worried about the authority given to this company. Obviously such a large project requires a centralised overview, but tracks are going to be built in very specific areas and the major impact of this policy will affect them, that's why we demand all the interventions to be agreed with the involved NUTS2-level administrations"
- Clavién Castèl, Federaziån di Autonoméssta, LAV
Last edited by Felsinia on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:39 am

"Madame speaker, this bill seems to vastly underestimate the power of the free market. With this bill we're creating a new company that has to be completely financed from taxpayer money. The fact is that this company will never make profit whilst keeping its rails accessible at fair cost.

Don't get me wrong here. Railways are an integral part of our infrastructure. Millions of Ventismariens use it everyday to commute to work, school or where ever. The impact it has on our trade is also significant. However, we should not forget that if these railways were worth the billions upon billions that we seem to be willing to invest, then we should ask our selves: Why hasn't the private sector built or campaigned to have these railways built?

Let the free market build railways, or create a body, authorised by this parliament, to build railways with funds they get from private investors and sponsors. There's no need for wasting taxpayer money on rail lines that are not wanted."
- Peter Hartens, Liberale Partij, LAV
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:08 am

"I concur with Mr. Castèl. Local governments must give an informed opinion on the project, however, they must also recognise the unique opportunity this bill will provide to the Ventismarian Union. We have to acknowledge that the opinions of one county council in the VU should not hamper or destroy hopes of a unified transportation system."
- Daniel Sharman, Democracy Party, VCA

"But in turn, this will benefit the taxpayer. Free market forces are good for running the economy and developing our way of life. However it has been proved time and time again that the free market has neglected to develop our transport industry. We are seeing increasing train fares, waiting times and numerous delays. It is a requirement that this body and national governments should directly stimulate this industry in order for it to catch up to the free market. Maybe then, eventually, we can transfer the power from the Ventismarian Union to the free market. But not now."
- Craig Manshar, Popular Front, VCA
Last edited by Capsland on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:30 am

Federaziån di Autonoméssta (LAV) votes AGAINST the "Ventismarian Continental Railroad Bill (VCRB)"
Last edited by Felsinia on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lindenholt
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:42 am

Groen Progressieven (TUL), leader of The United Left, votes FOR on "Ventismarian Continental Railroad Bill (VCRB)"
Liberale Partij (LAV) votes AGAINST the "Ventismarian Continental Railroad Bill (VCRB)"
Last edited by Lindenholt on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 am

The Democracy Party (VCA), leader of the Ventismar Conservative Alliance, votes FOR the Ventismarian Continental Railroad Bill (VCRB)

The Social Democratic Party (SDAV), votes FOR the Ventismarian Continental Railroad Bill (VCRB)

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes FOR the "Ventismarian Continental Railroad Bill (VCRB)"
La Pâtria in Åurden (VS), votes AGAINST the "Ventismarian Continental Railroad Bill (VCRB)"

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Ventismar Union Treaty

Ventismarian Union Financial Perspective 2019 (VUFP19)

VU policies are getting more and more demanding for national budgets as the normative structure of the Union grows, member states often have to deal with unexpected expenditures sanctioned by the VP with detrimental consequences on the financial stability of national governments. Hereby we want to set a threshold to the spending of the VU for the year 2019, in order to allow member states to allocate in advance the necessary resources.

2019 budget
  1. VU member states will pay an amount equal to 1% of their GDP to the Ventismarian Union.
  2. The VU will rely on the contribution of members and own resources to carry out its functions, the VP will not be able to ask member states for further funding unless by amending this Treaty.

Budget allocation
  1. It's duty of the Ventismarian Parliament to distribute the budget between the spending chapters of the VU.
  2. Member states opting out from a policy will not be refunded any amount of money, spending corrections can be negotiated for the next Financial Perspective.
  3. The deadline to spend the available resources is December 31st, 2019, the unspent budget will be redistributed to member states proportionally to their contribution to the budget.

Safeguard measures
  1. Bills and treaties lacking adequate financial cover shall be considered inadmissible by the Speaker of the VP.
  2. Expected or yet to be exacted own resources are not eligible to be indicated as financial cover.

Signed,
Sabrîna Port Amrèa,
Parté Sozièl Liberèl, VUSL

Umbrellya
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Umbrellya » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:29 am

Partia Centrum (VUSL), leader of the Ventismarian Union of Social Liberals, votes FOR the "Ventismarian Continental Railroad Bill".
Partia Centrum (VUSL), leader of the Ventismarian Union of Social Liberals, votes FOR the "Ventismarian Union Financial Perspective 2019 (VUFP19)".
Partia Nacjonalistyczna Konserwatyści (VCA), votes FOR the "Ventismarian Union Financial Perspective 2019 (VUFP19)".
Things about me!
PRO: capitalism, liberalism, religion, free speech, business, West, choice, same-sex rights, egalitarian, free market
ANTI: far-left politics, far-right politics, social justice warriors, globalism

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:16 pm

The Democracy Party (VCA), leader of the Ventismar Conservative Alliance, votes FOR the Ventismarian Union Financial Perspective 2019

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Ventismar Union Parliament Treaty

Accession of the Republic of Pantorrum as an Associate Member State (ARPAMS)
Officially Sponsored by the Federal Kingdom of Capsland

A treaty to grant the Republic of Pantorrum Associate Member status within the Ventismarian Union

Duties of Pantorrum
  1. The Republic of Pantorrum is legally bound to contribute to the Ventismarian Union Budget fairly
  2. The contribution to the budget will be negotiated and proposed through the Ventismarian Parliament accordingly
  3. Pantorrum will accept Ventismarian rules and regulations on all applicable goods and services in an effort to coordinate the economies of Panotrrum and the Ventismarian Union
  4. The government of Pantorrum will accept the free movement of people and goods in and out of Panotrrum within the Ventismarian Union
  5. Pantorrum will be excluded from the VU Customs Union until the government of Pantorrum reaches a conclusion on whether membership within the Customs Union is a viable economic path for the country
  6. Pantorrum does not get access to voting rights within the Ventismarian Parliament but is entitled to consultation on bills and spending directives

Duties of the Ventismarian Union
  1. The Ventismarian Union is not legally bound to cover spending directives within the Republic of Pantorrum at least until Pantorrum joins the Customs Union
  2. The Ventismarian Union must give Pantorrum a chance to opt-out of VU legislation should Pantorrum prove it is not compatible

Opting-Outs
  1. Opting out from a policy will not necessarily result in an automatic reimbursement, spending corrections can be negotiated separately

Signed,
Hugh Barnaby,
Social Democratic Party, SDAV
Last edited by Capsland on Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:08 am

Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes FOR the "Ventismarian Union Financial Perspective 2019 (VUFP19)"

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:49 am

Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes FOR the Accession of the Republic of Pantorrum as an Associate Member State (ARPAMS)
La Pâtria in Åurden (VS), votes AGAINST the "Ventismarian Union Financial Perspective 2019 (VUFP19)"
Last edited by Felsinia on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:30 am

The Democracy Party (VCA), leader of the Ventismar Conservative Alliance, votes FOR Accession of the Republic of Pantorrum as an Associate Member State

Ventismar Union
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ventismar Union » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:53 am

The Accession of the Republic of Pantorrum as an Associate Member State (ARPAMS) proposed by Hugh Barnaby, SDAV passes .

The Ventismarian Union Financial Perspective 2019 (VUFP19) proposed by Sabrîna Port Amrèa, VUSL passes.

The Ventismarian Continental Railroad Bill (VCRB) proposed by Anthony Hubris, VCA passes.

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:16 am

Ventismar Union Parliament Treaty

South Baggnagian Aspirant Treaty (SBAT)

A treaty to recognise and support South Baggnagia in eventually becoming a member of the Ventismarian Union

Recognition of Aspirations
  1. The Ventismarian Union and member states will officially recognise South Baggnagia as a potential candidate for membership within the Ventismarian Union
  2. South Baggnagia shall officially recognise the reforms and laws needed to become an adequate compatible member of the Ventismarian Union

Supervision of Reformation Processes
  1. The Ventismarian Union shall, by any means necessary, supervise and advise South Baggnagia in regards to reforms
  2. The government of South Baggnagia is not legally bound to follow any advise the Ventismarian Union provides
  3. Member governments of the Ventismarian Union shall consult and deliberate on the progress South Baggnagia has made periodically

Eventual Ascension & Termination
  1. Should South Baggnagia be deemed to have fulfilled the needed compatibility reforms, proceedings shall take place to formally invite South Baggnagia into the Ventismarian Union as a full member or associate state
  2. Upon South Baggnagia joining the Ventismarian Union, this treaty shall be automatically declared null and void
  3. Should member states decide South Baggnagia is not and never will be compatible for Ventismarian Union membership due to unforseen circumstances, this treaty can be declared null and void by a vote between member states

Signed,
Giles Webb,
Libertarian Union, VUSL

Ventismar Union
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Ventismar Union » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:43 pm

The South Baggnagian Aspirant Treaty (SBAT0 proposed by Giles Webb, VUSL passes

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:47 am

Ventismar Union Parliament Bill

Ventismarian Anthem BIll (VAB)

To propose an anthem for the Ventismarian Union organisation as a sign of unity and harmony within the organisation

Anthem Nomination
  1. The bill nominates 'Hearts of Ventismar', composed by Capslandian musician Howard Bonne to be the official anthem of the Ventismarian Union

Official Adoption and Usage
  1. The anthem shall be used at official ceremonies requiring such anthems to be played
  2. The anthem shall be in the public domain
  3. No member states will be required to play the anthem over their own national or royal anthems

Signed,
Giles Webb,
Libertarian Union, VUSL

Lindenholt
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:10 am

Ventismar Union Treaty

VU-SOWEFTA Free Trade Agreement (VSWFTA)

A treaty to eliminate tariffs on goods originating in the member states of the Southwestern Free Trade Area destined for the Ventismar Union and the elimination of tariffs on goods originating in the Ventismar Union destined for Southwestern Free Trade Area's member states.

Elimination of Tariffs
  1. All current tariffs applied by Ventismar Union member states on SOWEFTA goods will be nullified in favour of a 0-0.5% tariff.

Altering the VSWFTA Treaty
  1. The Ventismar Union reserves the right to alter this treaty at any time by a standard 50% majority in parliament.
  2. Tariff percentages and specified goods can be altered within the treaty by a standard 50% majority within parliament.
  3. The treaty can only be internationally recognised with the consent and ratification of member parties i.e the Ventismar Union and the SOWEFTA member states.

Goods Specifically Included
  1. This treaty applies to: foodstuffs, vehicles, consumer goods, machinery, agriculture equipment, metal ores, precious metals, precious gems and uranium. (This is a non-exhaustive list)
  2. All goods sold and traded between the Ventismar Union and the SOWEFTA MUST meet Ventismar Union trading standards and regulations and must be lawful under the laws of the Ventismar Parliament

Signed,
Daan Frederiks,
Unie van Democraten (VUSL)

Felsinia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:05 am

Dèstra Liberèl (LAV), leader of the Liberal Alliance for Ventismar, votes FOR the "VU-SOWEFTA Free Trade Agreement (VSWFTA)"
La Pâtria in Åurden (VS) votes AGAINST the "VU-SOWEFTA Free Trade Agreement (VSWFTA)"
Federaziån Agrèri Felsinaiṡa (VCA) votes AGAINST the "VU-SOWEFTA Free Trade Agreement (VSWFTA)"
Parté Naziunèl Liberèl (SDAV) votes FOR the "VU-SOWEFTA Free Trade Agreement (VSWFTA)"

Capsland
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:46 am

The Democracy Party (VCA), leader of the Ventismar Conservative Alliance, votes FOR the VU-SOWEFTA Free Trade Agreement (VSWFTA)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates