NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 43- Everything (Finals G6 Posted)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sat May 26, 2018 8:49 am

THE ROCKET REPORT

HUGHES ALMOST PERFECT, ROCKETS NOW 7-1

By Taylor Larson,

Jennifer Hughes took a perfect game into the eighth inning against Crystalline Caverns, in what was the highlight of the last three games. With one away in the inning, Hughes surrendered a single to break up the bid, but still finished with the complete game shut out and one-hitter, fanning 18 batters along the way. The 18 strikeouts is a career high for Hughes at the international level. Newmanistan now has not surrendered a run to Crystalline Caverns in either of the two games played.

“Yeah, I was thinking about it,” Jennifer said when asked about the bid for a perfect game, “I started thinking about it after the seventh inning and not surprisingly it was the next inning where I surrendered the hit. Most importantly we won the game, and that is really the important thing, as you know.” Had Hughes completed the perfect game, it would have been the first such effort by a Rockets pitcher since Courtney Duvall had the very memorable one against Musterfield at the start of World Baseball Classic 39 qualifying. Hughes has tossed a perfect game in the ENBL in her career once. Duvall, who threw a nine-inning shutout against Crystalline Caverns in their first meeting (Rockets won in 10) told us she was certainly aware, “Oh definitely, as a pitcher you are on to that,” Duvall said, “This is one of my favorite parts of the Classic, in being able to root for someone line Jennifer when otherwise you are rivals in the ENBL. After the fifth inning, I definitely noticed, but I was not going to mention anything about it to her. Hannah Lee and I were talking about it quite a bit.” Second baseman Michelle Covington made a diving bid out of desperation to field the single that snuck through between Mallory Harris, and wish she could have gotten it. “I think after that, you second guess where you were positioned, even though that’s pretty silly because you were positioned correctly. Normally you don’t even dive for that ball, but I had too!” Covington exclaimed. Covington is also a teammate of Jennifer Hughes with the Jessicaville Millionaires.

Speaking of the Millionaires, reports have it that they have offered free agent SS Kayla Carey a four year deal worth $30.3 million per season. It is a lucrative deal which is also loaded with incentives that would interestingly have Covington and Carey in the same infield for the entire ENBL season as well. Carey’s agent, in response, stated, “Kayla is excited to receive this offer from Jessicaville, but is not ready to make a commitment as to her future at this time. She is interested in seeing offers from anywhere, and by anywhere, I mean exactly that.” The agent said that one international inquiry has been made. “The international team that made an inquiry to Kayla is something that she is very interested by.” No further information about the team in question was available at this time. Who knows if there will be more that are out there for her.

Getting back to the Rockets, Newmanistan’s upcoming games, which have a bye day tomorrow, are in Hampton Island, then home to Stetzra. The game against the Golden Bears will be interesting, as there has been some tension between the two sides, the vast majority of it being initiated (ok, all of it) by Hampton Island. Rockets players have recently said that enough was enough , and that retaliation can start to be expected.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Sat May 26, 2018 10:53 am

Cobblestone Lake City Silver Bullets front office, Friday afternoon

In the office overlooking NPRN Field, General Manager Chris Voralitti called for his assistant, Alex Ariimand.

"Alex, have you seen this?'

"Seen what?"

"A national team shortstop from Newmanistan is out on the free agent market. Rocket Report is talking about it."

"Newmanistan? seriously Chris, you know we aren't gonna get anyone from there. You read the Rocket Report too much."

"And this matters why?"

"You realize that the best foreign player in the NPBL is from the Sherpa Empire, right?"

"Never underestimate the Sherpas, Alex. And that player? He plays for Righteous Bay. Y'know who else plays for Righteous Bay? Jon Britt. Jordy Bosch. Israel Mendoza. Do you want me to go on? And you know the Prariean team Ducky Fitzhugh almost signed with? Righteous fricking Bay."

"We have Connor Laurent and Jaime Greta. They aren't any better than us."

"Yes they are, Alex. They're overwhelming title favorites. It's naive, frankly, to think that they aren't. But you know what would make us better than them? A Rocket playing for us."

"This is crazy."

"I don't care about not being crazy anymore, Alex. What's not crazy is winning."

"And the issue of her being the first woman in our league?"

"That's fine. We have a woman president. Common jobs for women here are business, politics, and other high-paying jobs. North Prarie is ultra-liberal, and you know that. We'll be fine."

"Jesus, okay. Fine. Make an offer. But it won't be accepted."

"Deal done."

Chris then writes an email to Kayla's agent offering $31 million for 3 years to play for the Cobblestone Lake City Silver Bullets.
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat May 26, 2018 2:46 pm

El Fierro, Malifornia Charter Society

Until the past couple of years, Sarah Fuerst had been a typical Republican teenager. She had a middle class family and attended an ordinary urban private school thanks to the Universal School Vouchers Act that made educational choice accessible to all. Like most girls her age in El Fierro, she had dyed her hair an "unnatural" color and wore very little clothing to get as much attention from the boys as possible. However, her life took an especially dark turn after Malifornia's government decided to secede from the Free Republics and join the Confederacy of Leftist Republics, a terrorist state that waged war on the Federation Government of the Free Republics. Her parents had been lifelong members of the Progressive Party, like most Malifornians, and her father was one of the first to volunteer to join the Leftist Republics Army.

The war of secession rapidly turned into a complete disaster for the Confederacy as the Federation military would massacre the Confederate troops within a matter of months, forcing the Leftist Republics to unconditionally surrender. In this war, Sarah Fuerst's father George Fuerst was killed in action at the Battle of Los Martires. Following the war, Consul Nicholls decided to turn the 31 rebel Republics into "Charter Societies" ruled by the highest bidding extremist group. Sadly for the people of Malifornia, their "Charter Society" was sold to the Salvation Circle, a group run by Father Delmar Lavallee. Father Lavallee was secretly an ordained priest of the Church of Saintland and the Salvation Circle was a secret front for the Church of Saintland but this secret had been kept so well that it was unknown even to Republican intelligence agencies, which regarded the Salvation Circle as a homegrown extremist Christian organization.

Once the Salvation Circle obtained absolute political power in Malifornia, they immediately passed a number of laws imposing their religious beliefs upon all Malifornians, who were now forbidden to leave Malifornia. The Salvation Circle wasted no time constructing a massive wall around their territory and placing some of their most fanatical adherents to their faith on the borders of their Charter Society to keep people in. Sarah's mother was soon forced out of work by the government, which generously agreed to support them under the "widows and orphans" program if the entire Fuerst family would convert to the Salvation Circle. Over Sarah's protests, her mother converted and effectively forced her daughter to convert as well. They simply had no choice.

Unfortunately for the Fuerst family, joining the Salvation Circle meant that they were now legally subject to all of the Salvation Circle's laws, including the requirement for women to "dress modestly" while in a public place. The definition of "modesty" used by the Salvation Circle would not have been out of place in Saintland. Women and girls were required to cover their heads in public and they were required to cover every inch of skin from their shoulders to their ankles. Additionally, children whose families were members of the Circle were legally required to attend the Circle's schools, which would educate them in a "manner appropriate for their sex". Worst of all, women and girls who were members of the Salvation Circle were prohibited from participating in "unladylike" sports, which meant Sarah would have to stop playing baseball.

Sarah Fuerst had been a star second baseman for her high school's baseball team and was already starting to get on the radar for RCAA scouts. Now, however, she had become just another housewife in training with no choice regarding her future. Her grades tanked from near the top in her class to barely passing and she tried to rebel whenever she felt she could get away with it but those opportunities were few and far between in the Salvation Circle.

Lately, Sarah had begun following the World Baseball Classic, living vicariously through her heroes Honomi Kamei and Hollie Rogers. When Darmen's closer Wallace Haden had struck out Rogers to leave Kamei's tying run stranded at third base, she cried for 15 minutes. She had really wanted to see the Republican National Team match the feat that Super-Llamaland had accomplished back at WBC 31 but now that wasn't going to happen.

The following day, Sarah was daydreaming in her theology class at Fierro del Infernus High School when Elio Lucchese passed her a note. The teacher looked the other way because Elio's father had connections to the Inner Circle and the one thing you didn't do in Malifornia if you knew what was good for you was get into a confrontation with somebody whose family had connections. Sarah opened the note and started reading it instead of paying attention to Sister Kennedy's lecture about how the talking snake tricked Adam and Eve into eating the apple and why this justifies the subordinate status of women.

Hey Sarah,

I know you like baseball and my family has an extra ticket to the World Baseball Classic game against West Guam. I think you're a nice girl so I think it'd be great if you'd go to the game with us. If you want to go, please let me know after class.

- Elio

P.S. Don't tell anybody I said this but I love how you argue with Sister Kennedy in class all the time.

Sarah did not know what to think about this. Out of all her classmates, Elio Lucchese had been the last one she would have expected to rebel in his heart against the Salvation Circle. Outwardly, he always gave the impression of being a devout follower of the Circle as you'd expect from somebody with his family connections but it seemed he didn't actually believe in the ridiculous nonsense that they were being taught in their theology class. After class ended, she found him in the hall and accepted his offer. While she was excited to have he opportunity to go to the game, she was even more excited to find out exactly how Elio Lucchese felt about the Salvation Circle...
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat May 26, 2018 2:55 pm

As the Sherpa national baseball team boarded their plane in Nanjing, Tashi Siedler said he didn't want to sit near Luochong Zhuang for fear of getting a three hour lecture about the mating habits of garden slugs. Seats got shuffled around and someone suggested putting Zhuang in a row with other players' young children, who he could educate about animals and the environment. He soon found himself sitting between 5 year old Nima Ihawa and 6 year old Zhiqun Tan, who were more interested in talking about his height and showing him bright gaudy crayon drawings than hearing him talk about the environment. (Zhuang was one of those tall gangly pitchers that use their long arms to get some extra speed on their fastball. His childlike spirit was badly at odds with his outward appearance, and that was part of his awkwardness.)

The flight was much shorter and more dramatic than it should have been. An electrical failure forced them to make an emergency landing in Wuxi. While they waited for the plane to be repaired, Zhuang bored everyone by talking their ear off about the biology of horseshoe crabs. They managed to get the plane fixed and get back in the air in time to make it to their game in East Apikai, and before anyone tried to strangle Zhuang.

Back on the plane, Zhuang discovered that Nima didn't know what a horseshoe crab was. He borrowed her crayons and tried drawing a picture to show her what he was talking about. He wasn't a great artist, but she thought the picture was interesting anyway, and insisted on climbing up on her seat so she could reach over the seats in front of her and show it to her mother. "See? Uncle Zhuang drew it for me," she said.

Her mother told her to sit down.

Subramaniyan Patel led off the game by dribbling a ground ball into right field and narrowly beating the throw to first. Pei Tan hit a long double with the ball bouncing off the wall in center field, and Patel came around to score. The crowd booed. This was clearly not how they wanted the game to start. Norbu struck out. Chawa hit a foul ball almost straight up over the plate, which the Apikaian catcher caught. Seojun Sherpa got a hit and batted in Tan. With Chao at bat, and with his reputation as a power hitter, the outfielders played well back toward the wall -- so when he hit a long fly ball like Tan had done, the center fielder caught it to end the inning instead of letting it bounce off the wall.

Apikai picked up a run in the bottom of the 1st, and it was obvious that this was not going to be a great pitchers' duel. Things quieted down once the starters got settled in, but later on when the starters got pulled, neither bullpen seemed to be able to keep people off the bases. Apikai tied it up 4 to 4 in the 8th, and it looked like it might go into extra innings, but then Chawa, Chao, and Gurung got a string of hits that put the Sherpa team up 6 to 4 with one out. Desai hit a line drive into the short-stop's glove, and Tsang (pinch hitting for Zhuang) hit a ground ball that the 2nd baseman picked up and tagged out Gurung.

The flight to Kolkata was long and boring, and Lakpa Fang made it worse, at least in Tashi Siedler's opinion, by talking about stock car racing for three hours straight. He had been involved in the creation of IRACT, a new racing league in the Chinese Territories. Being busy with baseball had prevented him from taking a leadership role, but IRACT was mostly run by his friends, and Fang knew just about everything there was to know about it.

"Do I have a sign on my forehead that says to talk my ear off about boring shit for hours at a time?" Siedler asked.

"Was I being boring?" Fang said.

"No, I thought it was interesting," said Tsheri Pham.

Siedler grumbled something unintelligible.

"Maybe you should get some headphones if you don't want to listen to people's conversations," Fang suggested.

Nawang Gurung's mother thought she hadn't seen enough of him since he went off to play in North Prarie, and she decided to make up for it by cooking an enormous feast, inviting over several relatives, and asking him a long barrage of questions about his health, where he lived in Stonebridge, how he was getting along with the Prariean players, etc. Was it safe in North Prarie? How was the food? Was he taking care of himself? Did he have a girlfriend? Did he want her to find him a wife in Kolkata and arrange a marriage?

Some of these were subjects they discussed regularly via Skype. Others were things she only occasionally brought up, but seeing each other face-to-face was a special occasion and she wanted to make the most of it by talking to him about everything.

"Mom, I'm fine, really," said Nawang. "You don't need to ask so many questions."

"I'm just asking because I care about you," his mom said.

"Okay, but I'm doing fine," he said. "Stonebridge is different, but I'm doing fine there."

He told his mom that he didn't want her to arrange a marriage for him, that he preferred to look around in Stonebridge and find someone there.

The Kolkata police were out in force doing crowd control, ready to do riot control if the local Hindu reactionaries started any trouble about caste nonsense. It came as a pleasant surprise when there were no protests, never mind riots. Major sporting events tended to attract protesters, and Kolkata had plenty of history of caste nonsense -- but this time the Brahmins behaved themselves, the Dalits hadn't been provoked too recently, and nothing happened.

Things went well on the field too. The Devontan starting pitcher melted down in the 6th inning. The manager went out to the mound to talk to him after he gave up 3 runs, blowing a lead so that the score was tied 3-3. The pitcher thought he could get out of the inning, but Phurba Desai proved him wrong, and the Sherpa team took a 4-3 lead -- which turned out to be the final score, with Lakpa Fang picking up a save.

After the game there were some rumors that the conservative Brahmins had decided to stay quiet because they were expecting trouble when East Apikai played in Lhasa, and they thought it would be good PR to contrast themselves minding their own business against the Tibetan separatists, antimagicists, closet misogynists, and ill-mannered Lamas fans who they expected to stir up shit.

༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat May 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Matchday 10:
Group 1
Krossa 0 3 0 0 0 0 4 1 1 9
Scootalove City 0 1 0 0 4 0 0 0 2 7

Deseret and Zion 4 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 8
Sandberg 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2

Group 1 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Scootalove City 8 6 2 44 29 +15 18
2 Krossa 8 6 2 38 25 +13 18
3 Sandberg 8 4 4 31 42 −11 12
4 Deseret and Zion 8 3 5 28 29 −1 9
5 The Wolf Zones 8 1 7 32 48 −16 3

Group 2
The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 3
East Ares 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 4

Banija 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 3
Lycrabon 2 1 6 0 0 0 1 0 X 10

Group 2 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Lycrabon 8 5 3 32 23 +9 15
2 North Prarie 8 4 4 32 31 +1 12
3 East Ares 8 4 4 28 30 −2 12
4 Banija 8 4 4 30 34 −4 12
5 The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 8 3 5 29 33 −4 9

Group 3
South Covello 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2
USS Monitor 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 X 3

Ko-oren 0 0 1 0 2 0 2 0 0 5
Ireland Isles 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 2

Group 3 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 South Covello 8 7 1 35 18 +17 21
2 Ko-oren 8 5 3 43 27 +16 15
3 USS Monitor 8 4 4 28 32 −4 12
4 Melbergia 8 3 5 28 30 −2 9
5 Ireland Isles 8 1 7 18 45 −27 3

Group 4
St Saratoga 0 1 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 4
New Jarwel 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 2

The Imperial Frost Federation 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 2
Equestrian States 1 3 0 0 0 1 0 1 X 6

Group 4 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Equestrian States 8 5 3 49 34 +15 15
2 New Jarwel 8 5 3 45 34 +11 15
3 St Saratoga 8 5 3 38 41 −3 15
4 God and Country 8 3 5 29 42 −13 9
5 The Imperial Frost Federation 8 2 6 22 32 −10 6

Group 5
Nuevo Caracas 0 3 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 4
Gloriax 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

Beepee 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Super-Llamaland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group 5 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Super-Llamaland 8 7 1 48 22 +26 21
2 Beepee 8 5 3 33 28 +5 15
3 Northwest Kalactin 8 3 5 39 40 −1 9
4 Nuevo Caracas 8 3 5 28 38 −10 9
5 Gloriax 8 2 6 24 44 −20 6

Group 6
New Sangti 0 1 3 2 0 0 0 2 0 8
Highton 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3

Cassadaigua 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 4
Brookspring 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2

Group 6 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Cassadaigua 8 6 2 31 22 +9 18
2 Xelsis 8 5 3 43 24 +19 15
3 New Sangti 8 4 4 34 35 −1 12
4 Brookspring 8 4 4 26 29 −3 12
5 Highton 8 1 7 21 45 −24 3

Group 7
Darmen 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 2 5
Midand 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 4 8

Acapais 0 4 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 7
West Guam 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 2 5

Group 7 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Free Republics 8 7 1 54 33 +21 21
2 Darmen 8 4 4 37 34 +3 12
3 Midand 8 3 5 33 35 −2 9
4 Acapais 8 3 5 31 40 −9 9
5 West Guam 8 3 5 26 39 −13 9

Group 8
Nova Anglicana 0 0 3 1 2 0 0 3 0 9
United States of Yasser 0 0 0 2 4 0 0 0 0 6

Holy Nazirealm 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2
Humaliwo 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 X 3

Group 8 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Nova Anglicana 8 8 0 46 28 +18 24
2 Vangaziland 8 3 5 47 42 +5 9
3 Holy Nazirealm 8 3 5 34 34 0 9
4 United States of Yasser 8 3 5 35 42 −7 9
5 Humaliwo 8 3 5 30 46 −16 9

Group 9
Mirfast 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 3
Saintland 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 1 X 4

Maklohi Vai 0 0 1 0 1 3 2 1 0 8
Drawkland 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 5

Group 9 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Drawkland 8 5 3 39 27 +12 15
2 Maklohi Vai 8 5 3 36 30 +6 15
3 Saintland 8 5 3 37 33 +4 15
4 Mirfast 8 3 5 26 35 −9 9
5 New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 8 2 6 21 34 −13 6

Group 10
The Sherpa Empire 1 3 6 1 0 1 0 0 0 12
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 2 0 1 2 2 0 0 0 7

East Apikai 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2
Oscioru 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Group 10 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Oscioru 8 5 3 37 28 +9 15
2 The Sherpa Empire 8 5 3 36 29 +7 15
3 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 8 5 3 43 37 +6 15
4 East Apikai 8 3 5 29 36 −7 9
5 United States of Devonta 8 2 6 26 41 −15 6

Group 11
Abanhfleft 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Filindostan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

The Star Enpire 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 7
Bauscland 1 2 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 6

Group 11 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Abanhfleft 8 6 2 38 27 +11 18
2 Bauscland 8 5 3 48 28 +20 15
3 The Star Enpire 8 3 5 22 28 −6 9
4 Filindostan 8 3 5 26 35 −9 9
5 Cosumar 8 3 5 25 41 −16 9

Group 12
Chagall 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 3
Hampton Island 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 5 6

Crystalline Caverns 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Stetzra 0 3 2 0 0 1 0 0 X 6

Group 12 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Newmanistan 8 7 1 43 25 +18 21
2 Hampton Island 8 5 3 43 44 −1 15
3 Crystalline Caverns 8 4 4 29 30 −1 12
4 Stetzra 8 3 5 44 44 0 9
5 Chagall 8 1 7 34 50 −16 3

Group 13
Schiltzberg 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Valliesta 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 X 4

Juvencus 0 2 1 1 0 0 2 0 0 6
Pripet Socialist Republic 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1

Group 13 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Schiltzberg 8 7 1 34 20 +14 21
2 Liventia 8 5 3 36 28 +8 15
3 Valliesta 8 4 4 29 30 −1 12
4 Pripet Socialist Republic 8 2 6 24 33 −9 6
5 Juvencus 8 2 6 33 45 −12 6

Group 14
Nevis And Kitts 2 0 4 2 0 0 1 0 0 9
Hicana 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 2

The Greater Nordics 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 4
West Phoenicia 2 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 X 5

Group 14 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Nevis And Kitts 8 5 3 33 25 +8 15
2 West Phoenicia 8 5 3 37 36 +1 15
3 Hicana 8 4 4 30 36 −6 12
4 Kita-Hinode 8 3 5 33 31 +2 9
5 The Greater Nordics 8 3 5 24 29 −5 9

Group 15
Alpine Union 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 5
Wabijust 0 0 0 0 0 4 1 1 X 6

Ethane 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 2 5
Mezropolis 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 3

Group 15 Pld W L RF RA RD Pts
1 Ethane 8 5 3 39 32 +7 15
2 Alpine Union 8 5 3 41 38 +3 15
3 Wabijust 8 4 4 30 40 −10 12
4 Anthor 8 3 5 35 29 +6 9
5 Mezropolis 8 3 5 31 37 −6 9

Matchday 11:
Group 1
Krossa 0 0 1 0 0 1 3 1 3 9
Sandberg 0 2 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 4

The Wolf Zones 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 6
Scootalove City 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2

1 Krossa 9 7 2 47 29 +18 21
2 Scootalove City 9 6 3 46 35 +11 18
3 Sandberg 9 4 5 35 51 −16 12
4 Deseret and Zion 8 3 5 28 29 −1 9
5 The Wolf Zones 9 2 7 38 50 −12 6

Group 2
The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 2
Lycrabon 0 1 2 1 0 0 1 0 X 5

North Prarie 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4
East Ares 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3

1 Lycrabon 9 6 3 37 25 +12 18
2 North Prarie 9 5 4 36 34 +2 15
3 East Ares 9 4 5 31 34 −3 12
4 Banija 8 4 4 30 34 −4 12
5 The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 9 3 6 31 38 −7 9

Group 3
South Covello 3 0 2 0 1 1 2 0 0 9
Ireland Isles 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3

Melbergia 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 3
USS Monitor 0 0 0 5 0 0 1 1 X 7

1 South Covello 9 8 1 44 21 +23 24
2 Ko-oren 8 5 3 43 27 +16 15
3 USS Monitor 9 5 4 35 35 0 15
4 Melbergia 9 3 6 31 37 −6 9
5 Ireland Isles 9 1 8 21 54 −33 3

Group 4
St Saratoga 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Equestrian States 0 1 3 3 1 0 0 0 X 8

God and Country 0 0 0 4 2 0 2 0 0 8
New Jarwel 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 3

1 Equestrian States 9 6 3 57 35 +22 18
2 New Jarwel 9 5 4 48 42 +6 15
3 St Saratoga 9 5 4 39 49 −10 15
4 God and Country 9 4 5 37 45 −8 12
5 The Imperial Frost Federation 8 2 6 22 32 −10 6

Group 5
Nuevo Caracas 2 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 2 6
Super-Llamaland 0 1 0 1 3 0 1 3 X 9

Northwest Kalactin 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 4
Gloriax 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

1 Super-Llamaland 9 8 1 57 28 +29 24
2 Beepee 8 5 3 33 28 +5 15
3 Northwest Kalactin 9 4 5 43 42 +1 12
4 Nuevo Caracas 9 3 6 34 47 −13 9
5 Gloriax 9 2 7 26 48 −22 6

Group 6
New Sangti 0 0 0 0 2 4 0 0 0 6
Brookspring 3 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 4

Xelsis 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 6 7
Highton 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Xelsis 9 6 3 50 24 +26 18
2 Cassadaigua 8 6 2 31 22 +9 18
3 New Sangti 9 5 4 40 39 +1 15
4 Brookspring 9 4 5 30 35 −5 12
5 Highton 9 1 8 21 52 −31 3

Group 7
Darmen 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 3 6
West Guam 1 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 5

Free Republics 4 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 4 10
Midand 1 3 0 3 0 2 0 0 0 9

1 Free Republics 9 8 1 64 42 +22 24
2 Darmen 9 5 4 43 39 +4 15
3 Midand 9 3 6 42 45 −3 9
4 Acapais 8 3 5 31 40 −9 9
5 West Guam 9 3 6 31 45 −14 9

Group 8
Nova Anglicana 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 1 6
Humaliwo 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 3

Vangaziland 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2
United States of Yasser 1 5 0 0 0 3 2 0 X 11

1 Nova Anglicana 9 9 0 52 31 +21 27
2 United States of Yasser 9 4 5 46 44 +2 12
3 Holy Nazirealm 8 3 5 34 34 0 9
4 Vangaziland 9 3 6 49 53 −4 9
5 Humaliwo 9 3 6 33 52 −19 9

Group 9
Mirfast 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2
Drawkland 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 X 3

New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2
Saintland 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 3

1 Drawkland 9 6 3 42 29 +13 18
2 Saintland 9 6 3 40 35 +5 18
3 Maklohi Vai 8 5 3 36 30 +6 15
4 Mirfast 9 3 6 28 38 −10 9
5 New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 9 2 7 23 37 −14 6

Group 10
The Sherpa Empire 0 0 2 0 2 1 0 0 0 5
Oscioru 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1

United States of Devonta 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 3
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 0 1 2 1 0 1 1 X 6

1 The Sherpa Empire 9 6 3 41 30 +11 18
2 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 9 6 3 49 40 +9 18
3 Oscioru 9 5 4 38 33 +5 15
4 East Apikai 8 3 5 29 36 −7 9
5 United States of Devonta 9 2 7 29 47 −18 6

Group 11
Abanhfleft 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 2 6
Bauscland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 4

Cosumar 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Filindostan 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

1 Abanhfleft 9 7 2 44 31 +13 21
2 Bauscland 9 5 4 52 34 +18 15
3 Cosumar 9 4 5 28 43 −15 12
4 The Star Enpire 8 3 5 22 28 −6 9
5 Filindostan 9 3 6 28 38 −10 9

Group 12
Chagall 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 4
Stetzra 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 1 5

Newmanistan 1 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Hampton Island 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

1 Newmanistan 9 8 1 47 26 +21 24
2 Hampton Island 9 5 4 44 48 −4 15
3 Stetzra 9 4 5 49 48 +1 12
4 Crystalline Caverns 8 4 4 29 30 −1 12
5 Chagall 9 1 8 38 55 −17 3

Group 13
Schiltzberg 0 1 0 2 2 1 0 0 1 7
Pripet Socialist Republic 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Liventia 0 0 0 0 6 0 4 1 0 11
Valliesta 0 1 0 0 6 1 0 2 0 10

1 Schiltzberg 9 8 1 41 21 +20 24
2 Liventia 9 6 3 47 38 +9 18
3 Valliesta 9 4 5 39 41 −2 12
4 Juvencus 8 2 6 33 45 −12 6
5 Pripet Socialist Republic 9 2 7 25 40 −15 6

Group 14
Nevis And Kitts 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 3
West Phoenicia 0 5 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 6

Kita-Hinode 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 2 5
Hicana 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 4

1 West Phoenicia 9 6 3 43 39 +4 18
2 Nevis And Kitts 9 5 4 36 31 +5 15
3 Kita-Hinode 9 4 5 38 35 +3 12
4 Hicana 9 4 5 34 41 −7 12
5 The Greater Nordics 8 3 5 24 29 −5 9

Group 15
Alpine Union 0 1 0 0 7 0 0 5 4 17
Mezropolis 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2

Anthor 0 0 0 2 3 0 1 3 0 9
Wabijust 1 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 5

1 Alpine Union 9 6 3 58 40 +18 18
2 Ethane 8 5 3 39 32 +7 15
3 Anthor 9 4 5 44 34 +10 12
4 Wabijust 9 4 5 35 49 −14 12
5 Mezropolis 9 3 6 33 54 −21 9

Matchday 12:
Group 1
Sandberg 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 4
The Wolf Zones 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3 5

Deseret and Zion 2 0 0 0 0 2 2 0 2 8
Krossa 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 5

1 Krossa 10 7 3 52 37 +15 21
2 Scootalove City 9 6 3 46 35 +11 18
3 Deseret and Zion 9 4 5 36 34 +2 12
4 Sandberg 10 4 6 39 56 −17 12
5 The Wolf Zones 10 3 7 43 54 −11 9

Group 2
Lycrabon 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 2 4
North Prarie 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 3

Banija 0 0 3 0 2 0 2 0 0 2 9
The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 1 0 0 0 2 2 2 0 0 1 8

1 Lycrabon 10 7 3 41 28 +13 21
2 North Prarie 10 5 5 39 38 +1 15
3 Banija 9 5 4 39 42 −3 15
4 East Ares 9 4 5 31 34 −3 12
5 The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 10 3 7 39 47 −8 9

Group 3
Ireland Isles 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 1 0 9
Melbergia 0 0 0 1 2 2 0 1 0 6

Ko-oren 0 0 1 0 3 0 0 0 0 4
South Covello 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2

1 South Covello 10 8 2 46 25 +21 24
2 Ko-oren 9 6 3 47 29 +18 18
3 USS Monitor 9 5 4 35 35 0 15
4 Melbergia 10 3 7 37 46 −9 9
5 Ireland Isles 10 2 8 30 60 −30 6

Group 4
Equestrian States 0 1 4 0 0 1 0 1 0 7
God and Country 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 3

The Imperial Frost Federation 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2
St Saratoga 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Equestrian States 10 7 3 64 38 +26 21
2 New Jarwel 9 5 4 48 42 +6 15
3 St Saratoga 10 5 5 39 51 −12 15
4 God and Country 10 4 6 40 52 −12 12
5 The Imperial Frost Federation 9 3 6 24 32 −8 9

Group 5
Super-Llamaland 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 3
Northwest Kalactin 2 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 X 5

Beepee 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 4
Nuevo Caracas 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 3

1 Super-Llamaland 10 8 2 60 33 +27 24
2 Beepee 9 6 3 37 31 +6 18
3 Northwest Kalactin 10 5 5 48 45 +3 15
4 Nuevo Caracas 10 3 7 37 51 −14 9
5 Gloriax 9 2 7 26 48 −22 6

Group 6
Brookspring 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 0 0 5
Xelsis 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 3 6

Cassadaigua 7 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 11
New Sangti 0 1 1 3 0 0 1 0 0 6

1 Xelsis 10 7 3 56 29 +27 21
2 Cassadaigua 9 7 2 42 28 +14 21
3 New Sangti 10 5 5 46 50 −4 15
4 Brookspring 10 4 6 35 41 −6 12
5 Highton 9 1 8 21 52 −31 3

Group 7
West Guam 0 1 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 4
Free Republics 0 3 5 1 0 0 3 0 X 12

Acapais 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 4
Darmen 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1

1 Free Republics 10 9 1 76 46 +30 27
2 Darmen 10 5 5 44 43 +1 15
3 Acapais 9 4 5 35 41 −6 12
4 Midand 9 3 6 42 45 −3 9
5 West Guam 10 3 7 35 57 −22 9

Group 8
Humaliwo 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Vangaziland 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 X 3

Holy Nazirealm 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Nova Anglicana 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

1 Nova Anglicana 10 10 0 54 32 +22 30
2 United States of Yasser 9 4 5 46 44 +2 12
3 Vangaziland 10 4 6 52 55 −3 12
4 Holy Nazirealm 9 3 6 35 36 −1 9
5 Humaliwo 10 3 7 35 55 −20 9

Group 9
Drawkland 2 0 1 0 4 2 0 5 1 15
New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2

Maklohi Vai 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2
Mirfast 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 X 3

1 Drawkland 10 7 3 57 31 +26 21
2 Saintland 9 6 3 40 35 +5 18
3 Maklohi Vai 9 5 4 38 33 +5 15
4 Mirfast 10 4 6 31 40 −9 12
5 New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 10 2 8 25 52 −27 6

Group 10
Oscioru 0 1 1 0 2 1 4 0 0 9
United States of Devonta 0 0 1 2 0 3 1 0 0 7

East Apikai 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
The Sherpa Empire 1 0 0 3 0 0 1 1 X 6

1 The Sherpa Empire 10 7 3 47 31 +16 21
2 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 9 6 3 49 40 +9 18
3 Oscioru 10 6 4 47 40 +7 18
4 East Apikai 9 3 6 30 42 −12 9
5 United States of Devonta 10 2 8 36 56 −20 6

Group 11
Bauscland 0 1 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 5
Cosumar 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 2

The Star Enpire 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Abanhfleft 1 1 1 0 5 0 2 2 X 12

1 Abanhfleft 10 8 2 56 34 +22 24
2 Bauscland 10 6 4 57 36 +21 18
3 Cosumar 10 4 6 30 48 −18 12
4 Filindostan 9 3 6 28 38 −10 9
5 The Star Enpire 9 3 6 25 40 −15 9

Group 12
Stetzra 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Newmanistan 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 X 4

Crystalline Caverns 2 0 0 0 1 2 0 2 0 7
Chagall 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 2 6

1 Newmanistan 10 9 1 51 27 +24 27
2 Crystalline Caverns 9 5 4 36 36 0 15
3 Hampton Island 9 5 4 44 48 −4 15
4 Stetzra 10 4 6 50 52 −2 12
5 Chagall 10 1 9 44 62 −18 3

Group 13
Pripet Socialist Republic 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Liventia 2 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 X 5

Juvencus 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2
Schiltzberg 0 1 0 0 0 3 3 0 X 7

1 Schiltzberg 10 9 1 48 23 +25 27
2 Liventia 10 7 3 52 39 +13 21
3 Valliesta 9 4 5 39 41 −2 12
4 Juvencus 9 2 7 35 52 −17 6
5 Pripet Socialist Republic 10 2 8 26 45 −19 6

Group 14
West Phoenicia 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 3 1 6
Kita-Hinode 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2

The Greater Nordics 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2
Nevis And Kitts 0 4 1 0 0 2 1 0 X 8

1 West Phoenicia 10 7 3 49 41 +8 21
2 Nevis And Kitts 10 6 4 44 33 +11 18
3 Kita-Hinode 10 4 6 40 41 −1 12
4 Hicana 9 4 5 34 41 −7 12
5 The Greater Nordics 9 3 6 26 37 −11 9

Group 15
Mezropolis 0 1 3 0 5 0 0 0 0 9
Anthor 0 0 4 1 0 1 0 0 0 6

Ethane 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 3
Alpine Union 4 0 2 0 0 0 0 5 X 11

1 Alpine Union 10 7 3 69 43 +26 21
2 Ethane 9 5 4 42 43 −1 15
3 Anthor 10 4 6 50 43 +7 12
4 Wabijust 9 4 5 35 49 −14 12
5 Mezropolis 10 4 6 42 60 −18 12
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sat May 26, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Sat May 26, 2018 8:22 pm

Barnett "magic" strikes again

ST. CATHERINE- Lycrabon won 3 in a row to take sole possession of first in their group, paving a solid path to playing in Cassadaigua. Their third won was a 4-3 win in the return game against North Prairie. Garry Barnett III got the surprise start and hit his 2nd home run against them into the water, this time a solo shot into the North Prairie Marina. However, he would be thrown out in the bottom of the inning for arguing with the umpire.
Embassy information NS Wiki: NS Wiki page (work in progress) Factbook (Work in progress)
Formerly Republic of Barnettsville (IC liberated and disbanded via war)
As Lycrabon:
World Baseball Classic XX Champion
Saugeais Baseball Tournament I: 3rd Place
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WB VII-X; BOI quarterfinals; IV Summer Olympics; WC 49/BoF 36
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:
WBC 17 and 24, NSCF 2 Woodlands Conference

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Sat May 26, 2018 8:42 pm

Match day 10
Beepee     0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Super-Llamaland
                   0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Beepee went into this match against an unbeaten world number one Super-Llamaland.  No one expected a Beepeean win but surprisingly Beepee took an early lead in second after an individual piece of magic saw Christian Mitchell hit a lead off home run.

However, it was simply an excellent pitching display by both teams which limited any chance of a high scoring match.

Beepee surprisingly held on for a famous victory.

At the post match interview Homer  Unn said  “We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.”

Match Day 11
Bye

A day of rest for the Beepeean squad as Beepee had a bye. 

Given the inconsistent form of the squad homer Unn took the squad for a therapy session where the team could talk about its issues.   Homer told waiting press
“Therapy can be a good thing; it can be therapeutic.”

Match Day 12
Beepee      0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 4
Nuevo Caracas
                   0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 3

The previous days therapy session seemed to help Beepee and the whole squad seemed happy and relaxed.

Perhaps too relaxed... as Beepee were pushed all the way by the Caraquenses.

Homer Unn was quoted as saying “We didn’t underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought.” in his post match interview.

Despite this Beepee finished match day 12  in second place however northwest Kalactin are hot on their heels.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sat May 26, 2018 9:17 pm

MD 10
Bye the Kalactanians get ready for a game against gloriax

MD11
Northwest Kalactin                 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0  4
Gloriax 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Kalactanian Wendell Barkley hits a 3 run homer with Ryan Jackson and Paul Brown on base. The other run had Jake Bannon get the RBI and mike Harbano make it home on a rbi Single. Pitching in the game was Joe Kenton and Christian Brooks. Kenton got the win and Brooks got the save for the kalactanians

MD12
Super-Llamaland                    0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0  3
Northwest Kalactin 2 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 X 5

The kalactanians pull of a great win over number 1 in the world Super Llamaland pitching was Jack Trentson, Ben Jensen and Clay Kelley. Trentson pitched 6 innings Jensen 2 and Kelly 1. The batting runs were by some great hitting by the kalactanians. With 1 man on Jake Bannon hit a triple in the first inning to hit home Adam Felix Bannon was later hit home by nate Johnson. Later in the game during the 5th inning Steven Thomas hit a home run with Wendell Barkley on base to get 2 runs. Later Adam Felix hit a RBI single to send Mike Harbano home.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Pripet Socialist Republic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pripet Socialist Republic » Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 pm

The pripitans are off to a bad start in these last 3 games they have lost to Juvencus, Liventia and Schiltzberg they look to improve after this. So far the best player on the team has been left Feilder Sviatoslav Sokolov JR. Sokolov has hit 2 home runs got 7 RBIs and leads the team in hits. A team meeting took place after the game against Liventia the team agreed that they would try their best to play well during the next games also because Dennis Yuriev who is pitching next game throws the fastest on the pripitan team coach George bell is telling Yuriev to throw at a valliestan player on the first pitch of the game. We’ll se how that strategy works!

Bauscland
Secretary

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bauscland » Sat May 26, 2018 9:53 pm

| Matchdays 10-12 |

| Bauscland Loses Two of Three in Heartbreaking Fashion, Fall to Second! |
Written by John Mallory; Sports Columnist for The Globe and Mail

Matchday 10:
The Star Enpire               0 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2  7
Bauscland 1 2 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 6

| Coming off a 4 game winning streak, the Athletics were confident going into this one at home. With Willard Nixon starting, things got off to a good start with a run scored in the bottom of the first with a lead-off home-run by Center Fielder Jimmy Piersall that made it 1-0. Things went south rather quickly as though as three runs were given up to the visiting Star Enpirens in the 2nd. However, by the end of the 2nd it was tied up at 3 runs each. After 5 innings pitched, Nixon was relieved by Joe Trimble, who pitched for 3 innings without allowing a run. In the 9th, with Bauscland up 5-4, Ellis Kinder came into close, but with 1 out and a runner on 2nd, an RBI single was hit through to the right field gap, and the throw from the Right Fielder Jackie Jenson was offline, tying the game at 5-5. This would be Kinder's first blown save of the season, but it could still be salvaged if the Athletics could get one across. That wouldn't be the case though, and the game went into extra innings. After an uneventful 10th, the Star Enpire went ahead 7-5 in the top of the 11th with a two run shot to left-center. With one last chance, the Athletics managed to score 1 in the bottom of the inning to stay alive, but with 2 outs and a runner on 1st and a 2-2 count, Second Baseman Billy Goodman struck out swinging on a 85 MPH change-up on the outside corner. With that, the Athletics took their 3rd loss of the season. Ellis Kinder was given the L, his first of the season. |

Matchday 11:
Abanhfleft                    1 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 2  6
Bauscland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 4

| In yet another disappointing home result for the Athletics, the relief pitching did not perform and the offense did not come through until it war far too late. From the start, the bats could just produce what needed to be produced, as the Athletics were only limited to 4 hits through 8, and the Revolution were up 6-0 going into the bottom of the 9th. However, in that frame, the Athletics managed to put up 4 runs before ultimately succumbing to the inevitable loss via a double play. Frank Sullivan picked up the loss, his first of the season, while Abanhfleft's Yakub Petrenko picked up the victory and Peter Langford got the save. This unfortunate result is yet another reminder as to how poor the Athletics are doing so far this year, having gone 1-4 at home so far this year while having gone undefeated on the road. This is rather puzzeling considering the supposed advantage that being at home has, but hopefully this trend is just merely an early season fluke and will be improved in future contests. |

Matchday 12:
Bauscland                     0 1 0 0 0 4 0 0 0  5
Cosumar 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 2

| Bauscland continued their undefeated road win streak with another win over the Cosumar Dragons, who have so far gone 0 for 3 against the Athletics. This time around it was not a complete blowout like the previous 2 meetings, but Bauscland was able to still pull off a good offensive performance with a 4 run 6th being the difference for them. The Dragons kept it a competitive contest though, and had plenty of scoring opportunities going for them. Thankfully for the Athletics though, the defense behind Starting Pitcher George Susce did a fine job of limiting the amount of hits to just 7 for the game. So while Susce put up 4 strikeouts and gave up 3 walks, he did well in pitching the Dragons into ground-outs and pop-outs. And with the 4 run 6th that gave them a 5-1 lead, the Athletics cruised to yet another road victory, their 5th of the season. Susce was awarded the win, Parnell the save, and Cosumar's Reliever Nestor De La Montaña was given the loss. |
| Capital: Harlech | Area: 349,400 sq. km (134,904 sq. mi) | Population: 23,619,139 | Official Language: English | Demonyms: Bauschman/Bauschwoman/Bauschmen, Bausch | GDP: $673,145,000,000 (GDP/Capita: $28,500) | Government: Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic |

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Sat May 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Number 5 of 8 in sonnet sequence:

Sonnet 1

Oh, lover dearest, teach me ever all
The ways in which you make me feel your bliss.
In all our days, it seems I do recall
A tender feeling tied tight to your kiss.
Far be it from the ways in which I write
To compliment a woman moderate,
But thee, a spotless virgin dressed in white,
Do make my heart float at a lighter weight.
Thy face doth prove the mighty pow’r of God,
Thine eyes like pearls of heav’n shined from of old,
Thy lips too red to bless this earthly sod,
Thy touch too pure to warm my hand you hold.
And yet, you bless me with your tender touch,
Myself, a mortal, earning nothing such.

Sonnet 2

You make me weary, woman, with your charm,
An infinite and overwhelming dream.
One single word works wonders to disarm
This mind of mine, which otherwise would scheme.
I’m frozen by the calling of my name.
Such simple, gentle parting of your lips
Makes me a still more happy, ever lame,
Compliant pawn set at your fingertips.
These sounds so sweetly slipped into my ear,
Do crawl into the creepings of my brain
To shut out all the other things I hear
And slide out all the slightest bits of pain.
Paralysis is cripplesome to some.
For you, I would be gladly deaf and dumb.

Sonnet 3

What is it that I do that makes you love
Me in the way you obviously do?
When I’m away, it’s me you’re thinking of,
And when you’re happy, it’s when I’m with you.
You are the soul and purpose of my life,
Though you may find it hard to think it so.
How long am I to wait till you’re my wife?
Almighty God, what graces you bestow!
A torrid flame will hardly ever last
Beyond its infant burst and will diffuse,
While embers burning slow with feeble blast
Provide a steady heat and ample cruise.
Indeed, I am a weary soul at best
In need of your soft shoulder for some rest.

Sonnet 4

So changed are you, or are you but the same
As you were, are, and shall forever be?
So altered are you? Was this but a game
Of trick’ry I was just too blind to see?
Your lips that hurt me shall no longer touch
These lips of mine that are no longer pure.
Why did I crave your softness then? How much
A fool was I to not see who you were:
A woman who’s incapable of love
And lacks commitment, compromise, and care,
Who when the things went wrong gave me the shove
And then pretended that I wasn’t there!
Ye men, beware of this deceitful miss;
She’ll trick ye with her Judasian kiss.

Sonnet 5

Confused are you? You fall in hate with I,
Who loved you most of all who sought you dear.
Indef’nitely my love seemed, ah! But I
No longer love you after this, I fear.
The prom, my fatal garden, so it seems;
You’d laid upon my lips a deadly kiss
And in my mouth the Fruit of Truth, my dreams
Destroyed, my heart ripped by your thoughtlessness.
Gethsemane we were that night before
When I knew not your plan to cause me pain.
My paradise, as lost as Adam’s whore,
Is too far gone to think it be regained.
Beware the sneaky serpents, so they say,
But women tend to trick ye more than they.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Midand
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 08, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Midand » Sat May 26, 2018 10:21 pm

MIDAND'S PREMIER SPORTS NEWS NETWORK
BY MNN

DOGGOS MAKE BRIEF COMEBACK, FANS AND TEAM STILL HOPEFUL

The commercial break - an advert for Air Midand Light advertising it's paths and destinations - ends, and we are brought back into MNN Sports.

The graphics play, and the title is shown on the screen. All around the world, fans and bored channel surfers alike watch as the chart of the current standings is shown on the screen, showing the surprising albeit brief comeback of the Doggos.

Matchday 10
Darmen                             0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 2  5
Midand 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 4 8

Matchday 11
Free Republics                     4 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 4 10
Midand 1 3 0 3 0 2 0 0 0 9

Current Rank Among Group
Group 7                           Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 Free Republics 10 9 1 76 46 +30 27
3 Acapais 9 4 5 35 41 −6 12
4 Midand 9 3 6 42 45 −3 9
5 West Guam 10 3 7 35 57 −22 9

The chart then exits the screen and we center in on John Goodkoe, smiling at his news desk.

"Hello sports fans and WELCOME back to MNN Sports!" he says enthusiastically. "These past few exciting days we had Matchdays 10 to 12 of the 43rd World Baseball Classic go live on our channel. You can still watch some select clips of the matches on our website MNN.Sports.MD or at our Twitcher account @SportsMNN."

He breathes and continues.

"The Doggos have made a surprising and slow comeback these past few matches, albeit brief, beating Darmen 5-8 on Matchday 10, however barely losing to Free Republics 10-9 on Matchday 11. However, this comeback was met with much enthusiasm."

The camera briefly switches to a view of extremely loud cheering Doggos fans in front of the SISC and Doggo Stadium, with other sports correspondent Lucy Waltersi laughing with them.

"This surprising comeback now leads us to this question", John continues. "How far can the Doggos get? We now go to reporter Sharol Cardanvers for a special interview with equally surprised pitcher Dekon Ketchkon on his thoughts of their comeback. Sharol?"

The view switches to Sharol standing outside of the stadium next to Dekon, who is half smiling half serious at the same time.

"Thank you John", she says. "So, this is Dekon-"

He smiles and waves.

"-and I have some questions for you now..."

"Sure", he says into the microphone.

"Thank you", Sharol says. "So, what do you think of the Doggos' comeback?"

Dekon clears his throat. "Well...", he says. "I'm surprised. Happy. And hopeful. These results show we might still have hope. I can largely accredit our success to new pitcher Israel Mendoza-"

The clip briefly switches over to Israel pitching a ball extremely well during the game with Darmen, where the crowd goes crazy.

"He is amazing, probably even better than me", he says, and Sharol and Dekon both laugh.

"He did amazing and I think he was a huge part in our win against Darmen, and our close one against Free Republics. Transferred from North Prarie, great guy."

"Thank you Dekon", Sharol says. "Good luck for future games!"

Dekon smiles in reply.

"Anyway, back to you John."

The view switches back over to John. "Thank you Sharol. And that is MNN Sports for today. For more info on when the next matchday will go live on our channel, check our website MNN.Sports.MD or our Twitcher account @SportsMNN for updates. This has been MNN Sports everybody, and stay tuned for the MNN Weather Report."

We cut to commercial.
Last edited by Midand on Sat May 26, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be very active.
Now I grovel all day about how inactive I am.

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Sat May 26, 2018 11:58 pm

The West Phoenician Confederates prove they not a team to mess with as they take out last 3 matches in a clean sweep.

The 3 wins was a much needed boost to team morale who are hoping to continue to cement their lead allowing them an easy transition into the round of 16, where the Confederates usually start to bloom once the competition has decreased.

Brilliant hitting was done by the whole team and the only horrible moment was in match day 11 against Nevis and Kitts. Where at the top of the 5th right hand pitcher David Zealish suffered a shoulder injury. Team Physician Mark English was on hand to deal with the injury that will see David Zealish out for the rest of the season.

Manager Trevor Rushworth was quick to fill the spot by hiring Harrison Glebe, 10th Baron of Gorgon Hills who will join the Confederates as a relief pitcher.

The Greater Nordics
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordics » Sun May 27, 2018 3:05 am

The Copenhagen News

Nordics Struggle in WBC

After a hot start in the first three matches the Nordic baseball team has been snapped back to reality, only winning one game these last few days. Manager Ernst Roy has said that the team is losing morale and needs to tighten up on defense and be more aggressive at the plate to hopefully score more runs. There is still time for the Nordics to comeback but they need to do something quick if they hope to contend in the group. It is our first time in the WBC so this may be just a learning experience though.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun May 27, 2018 3:42 am

Tales From the Front, Part Four

Unidentified airfield
Undisclosed location, [ESTORVIPAN COMMUNE]

Cade had always been a fighter; it was in his nature. And he was also a patriot. He may have been born and come to life in another land, but for Cade, ESTORVIPA had always been and will always be the land he called his own. So when the opportunity came for Cade to help liberate the northern part of ESTORVIPA from its dictator, Vissarion Zhivkov, Cade had jumped on the first available plane to the country and signed up as a member of the Foreign Legions fighting for the separatist ESTORVIPAN COMMUNE, an anarcho-syndicalist capitalist state centered in and around northern ESTORVIPA. Cade served with distinction in the COMMUNARD forces, and when the foreign volunteers were finally amalgamated into the home forces of the COMMUNARDS, Cade participated in one of the final battles to evict Zhivkov's army of poorly trained conscripts who were more often than not keen to surrender to the COMMUNARDS as living in the north's anarchic society couldn't possibly be worse than living for one more second under Zhivkov's regime. It was also during the COMMUNARD Revolution that Cade met the person whom he would love for the rest of his life, an ethnic VIPAN medic named Nat. Cade had met Nat when he had saved her life from an attack by ESTORVIPAN People's Army troops, and they had gotten to know each other very well while Nat tended to Cade's wounds.

Cade had decided to make his move to ESTORVIPA permanent and settle down with Nat, who got a job as a sports physician after the revolution. And then when the Pridnestrovians invaded in an attempt to "restore order in the chaos" of ESTORVIPA, Cade was able to make his way back into a combat unit despite the COMMUNARD government's policy to keep its heroes away from the front to minimize the chances of their getting captured or killed by the Communist invaders, while Nat was called back to the front as a medic yet again. But Cade's unit was unable to make it to the front lines before a ceasefire between the two sides eventually resulted in the unilateral withdrawal of Pridnestrovia and their puppet Federation of ESTORVIPA AND ESTORPIVA from all their occupied territories, meaning Cade never got to face a Pridnestrovian unit for the entirety of the war. Not that he really cared. The ESTORVIPAN COMMUNE, with the aid of the IMPERIUM, was going to become a respected and feared nation all throughout the multiverse, and another Pridnestrovian attempt to conquer it would only result in international condemnation of their actions.

Instead, it was the reverse that happened. It was Pridnestrovia that grew in stature following the war in ESTORVIPA, and the ESTORVIPAN COMMUNE, as well as the rest of the ESTORVIPAN states, failed to gain any recognition of their sovereignty and independence beyond that of the IMPERIUM, who had erected these states in the first place. It also didn't help that the IMPERIUM also decided to withdraw from international affairs immediately after their victory in ESTORVIPA, which was the complete opposite of what it had been expected to do. The IMPERIUM still continued to supply the COMMUNE with the latest in arms and technology, and hundreds if not thousands of Imperial advisors were still operating in COMMUNARD territory. The ESTORVIPAN COMMUNE thought that it could afford to rest on its laurels. It had helped beat back one of the most powerful Communist armies ever assembled in the history of man, and they were absolutely sure that there was no chance of the Pridnestrovians coming back for a little more hurt and shame.

Yet again, what happened was the complete opposite of what the COMMUNARD government had thought would happen. The Republic of ESTORPIVA sent out envoys to Pridnestrovia and the Federation declaring their unilateral surrender to both countries. All territory controlled by the Republic of ESTORPIVA was subsequently occupied by the Federation of ESTORVIPA AND ESTORPIVA, and while the MILITIA, a COMMUNARD paramilitary organization operating all throughout ESTORVIPA to keep the people on the straight and narrow with regards to toeing both the official COMMUNARD and Imperial line, had fought to the last man to disrupt Federation and Pridnestrovian operations in the area of the Republic, they were eventually rooted out of the area and the scattered remnants fled back to safer allied territories such as the ESTORVIPAN OLIGARCHY and the UNITED STATES OF ESTORVIPA. Cade had wanted to join the MILITIA operating in the Republic to disrupt the Federation occupation, but once again, his request was denied as he was considered a hero of the ESTORVIPAN COMMUNE and his capture or death at the hands of the Communists or their puppets would be a severe blow to the moral of the COMMUNE and their allies.

And now the ESTORVIPAN OLIGARCHY had also fallen to the perfidious influence of the Pridnestrovians. The oligarchs had negotiated a truce with the Federation and the Pridnestrovians without the consent or even knowledge of its Autocrat, Zhiv I (the regnal name that Vissarion Zhivkov had taken for himself when he was crowned Autocrat of the ESTORVIPAN OLIGARCHY), forcing Zhivkov and his loyalists to flee to the mountains and hide from the occupiers while continuing to lead the resistance against the Pridnestrovian puppets. Zhivkov had managed to escape the Communists' clutches once again when they came to attack his mountain base, but third time was not the charm for the former Autocrat of the ESTORVIPAN OLIGARCHY, and Zhivkov had finally been killed by a combined Federation and Pridnestrovian task force specifically charged with finding Zhivkov dead or alive. It turned out that Zhivkov had been brought back to RAKE City, his former capital, where he was protected by a detachment of crack troops from the IMPERIUM's own special forces, but it was a video interview to the Greater Imperial News Network which proved to be Zhivkov's downfall, as it was that interview which allowed the Pridnestrovians to track him down and kill him after a protracted gunfight.

It was Zhivkov's death which had brought Cade out to this remote location somewhere in the territory of the ESTORVIPAN COMMUNE along with hundreds of other volunteers who had all responded to the call by the COMMUNE and the IMPERIUM to avenge Zhivkov's death by attacking the heart of the Pridnestrovian people in an as-yet-undisclosed mission. Cade thought it strange that this was how he would find himself back in the thick of battle. When he had first put on the uniform of the COMMUNARD Army, it was to fight against Vissarion Zhivkov and kick him and his forces out of the COMMUNE. Now Cade was about to fight Pridnestrovia to avenge Zhivkov. History was such a fickle thing, after all. When Zhivkov had realized that the Pridnestrovians had no intention of returning the whole of ESTORVIPA to his rule, he sided with the IMPERIUM and the very people who had once rebelled against him. Cade still found it hard to wrap his mind around the fact that he was now about to fight for the memory of a brutal dictator who only sided with those who had rebelled against him when it was clear that the country that he had long thought his ally actually wanted him out of ESTORVIPA as well.

"Cade!" a familiar female voice called out. Cade turned around and, sure enough, there was Nat wearing the same combat uniform as him. Nat ran over to Cade and straddled him standing up, and Cade had to hook his arms under Nat's legs as the two of them locked into a passionate kiss. Finally, Nat dropped down to the ground and laid her head on Cade's chest. "Oh, Cade," she said huskily.

"It's really good to see you, Nat," Cade said as he embraced Nat. "But what are you doing here? I thought you still had a job at Club National."

"Well, that's the thing," Nat replied. "Those damned Pridnestrovians and their missile attacks forced the federation to cancel the season once again. Why can't those communist cowards fight us on the battlefield like real countries do so we can smash them into the dust instead of them sliging their missiles in our general direction?"

"Yeah, well, you know how these communists fight," Cade replied. "They'll never fight as long as they don't have every advantage that they could ever get."

"And yet we're still going to fight them anyway," Nat said confidently. "So, what's up with this whole volunteer thing? All I know is that this is revenge for the Reds killing Zhivkov, and I'd never thought that I would actually end up fighting in the name of that bastard of a dictator. If he hadn't given up all of his pretenses of being a communist leader then I'm sure that the IMPERIUM would have killed him themselves."

"You know as much as I do about this whole thing, Nat," Cade said. "I just saw the advert calling for volunteers to strike at the heart of the Pridnestrovian people, and here we are."

"I just hope that we do go up against the Pridnestrovians this time around," Nat said harshly. "They've had more than enough fun ravaging and corrupting our homeland with their dying and corrupted ideology."

Two people, a woman in her mid-thirties wearing a gray-and-white pantsuit and a much older man wearing the distinctive field uniform of the Imperial Armed Forces, walked up to a stage in front of the gathered volunteers. "Brothers and sisters, my fellow children of ESTORVIPA," the woman said as she took her place behind a podium in the middle of the stage, "as I am sure you know by now, our ally, Vissarion Zhivkov, has been killed by the Communists. They killed Zhivkov as the Communists like to kill their enemies: stabbing them in the back. But I tell you, brothers and sisters, Vissarion Zhivkov did not die in vain. No, Vissarion Zhivkov's death is but the catalyst that will finally galvanize the people of ESTORVIPA into resisting this illegal occupation of our homeland by the Undemocratic Not-For-the-People's Kingdom of Pridnestrovia. Pridnestrovia claims that Vissarion Zhivkov is a bloodthirsty autocrat and dictator who has sucked dry the lifeblood of ESTORVIPA and who must be eliminated to finally bring peace to our country, not knowing that the very same thing can, must be said of their own leader and dictator, Stepan Stepanovich Stepanenko. See how pompous the Glorious Leader of the Pridnestrovian Republic is; his name must be ruthlessly mentioned, patronymic and all! Indeed, what separates Stepanenko from the likes of Vissarion Zhivkov and the Emperor of the IMPERIUM? Simply put, it is the will of the people that put the Emperor on his throne and Vissarion Zhivkov in his position as Autocrat of ESTORVIPA. How did Stepanenko become the leader of Pridnestrovia? He stole the power of the people and the government and took it all upon himself! He claims that he did it to maintain stability in his country while the people mourned the death of their duly elected leader! How long has Pridnestrovia been in mourning if Stepanenko is still in control of their country?

"Ah, but now it is time that we take it upon ourselves to prolong the mourning of the Pridnestrovian people even more," the woman continued. "If Stepanenko wishes for Pridnestrovia to continue mourning then we shall give him and his country more than enough reason to do so. All of you who have come here for this mission are now volunteers, and your mission is the kind where you are not expected to survive. But fear not, brothers and sisters, as when you succeed in your mission--and you will; I have faith in all of you!--Pridnestrovia will have been rocked to the very core so hard that they will have no choice but to recognize us as a superpower and withdraw from our homeland once again or suffer consequences worse than what we are about to do to them. Our friend from the IMPERIUM will explain."

The woman in the pantsuit stepped aside to make way for the Imperial Army officer. "Volunteers," he began, "as you can see you have been assembled in the biggest military airfield in the whole of ESTORVIPA. This is where we will begin the campaign that will finally bring Pridnestrovia back to the negotiating table. This airfield is where we will board these transport planes and fly to Pridnestrovia, where we will parachute down to their capital and major cities and cause the maximum havoc that we can."

That particular announcement got the attention of everyone inside the hangar. They knew that they had volunteered for a particularly dangerous mission, but this was the first time that they were hearing that that mission was all about parachuting into Tiraspol, Bender, Novorossiysk, Bratsk and other Pridnestrovian cities that they had only heard about in the news or seen on the Internet. Now they realized just why exactly the Imperial officer had said that there was a very big chance that most if not all of them would not be returning back to ESTORVIPA.

Pridnestrovia had long boasted about their impressive air defense network. The country's major cities were each covered by their own anti-air and anti-missile "umbrellas", and any aircraft or flying object that was not supposed to be in the skies above Tiraspol for example was swiftly intercepted and, if it didn't respond, it was immediately shot down (this was of course not applicable in all cases of actual unidentified flying objects as those things were too quick to be intercepted by even the latest interceptors in the Pridnestrovian Air Force's arsenal). Any COMMUNARD or even Imperial air raid against Pridnestrovia would be greeted by a curtain of anti-aircraft missiles and jet fighters. Frankly, the same thing was true of the ESTORVIPAN COMMUNE which was why the Pridnestrovians were throwing missile storm after missile storm on the north, but while the COMMUNARDS' own anti-air defenses were capable of bringing down the majority of the Pridnestrovian missiles, enough of those missiles were still able to get through and hit their targets in COMMUNARD territory. Apparently, the Imperial and COMMUNARD plan to avenge Vissarion Zhivkov's death hinged on the hope that the same thing would happen in the skies above Pridnestrovia, except with planes instead of missiles.

"Yes, my friends, I am fully aware of the risks inherent in this particular mission," the Imperial officer continued. "However, as you all know from the results of the Pridnestrovians' constant missile raids over our territories, while we are able to shoot most of their missiles down, some of them are still unfortunately making it through the missile shield. This can only mean that when we do go up against the Pridnestrovians' defenses, we can expect the same thing to happen. It is not a question of who lives and who dies, but it is a question of who will get to make the Pridnestrovians suffer for destroying the order and peace of ESTORVIPA again and again and again. Once again, this is a mission only for volunteers. If you wish to withdraw from this mission then now is the time to do so. We will not hold it against you. This is a suicide mission, after all. But know that if you stay after this point, there will be no turning back. Your lives will be sacrificed, but that sacrifice will be for a better future for ESTORVIPA."

It turned out that no one who had come to the airfield as volunteers for what turned out to be a suicide mission aimed at the heart of Pridnestrovia wanted to back out of the mission once they finally learned about it. Maybe it was because of the no-nonsense way the Imperial officer said that this was indeed a suicide mission. Maybe it was because they all absolutely hated Pridnestrovia. But what was sure was that by the time the Imperial officer had finally finished counting, he had over three thousand volunteers in his hands. Most if not all of them wouldn't make it past the Pridnestrovian anti-aircraft screen. But even if only a single one of these volunteers were to make it past the Pridnestrovians' defenses and wreak havoc in the enemy's capital, then it would all be worth it. War was not just about actually shooting and killing enemy, after all; it was also about making the enemy think that you can strike from anywhere and at any time.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun May 27, 2018 8:06 am

(Note: This is a private conversation with the information it contains only known by Kayla and her agent)

Kayla Carey sat in her hotel room again, this time in Crystalline Caverns as the team prepares to play that opponent for the third time and looks for their consecutive shutout victory over them. She had just been out to dinner with some of her teammates, who understood that Kayla did not want to talk about her ENBL free agency situation with them. She occasionally talked with Michelle Covington about it, since they were close friends, but those talks were more about the personal sacrifices rather then Michelle selling Kayla on Jessicaville. There was game tape of Crystalline Caverns to watch, but given the Rockets domination over them thus far, she thought this would be a good time to call up her agent.

“Hey Tom, how is it all going?”

“Yes, Kayla, I have really wanted to talk to you but didn’t want to interfere. There is a lot of excitement to talk about in regards to contract offers from overseas, do you want to get into them?”

“Yeah, sure. This is a good time.”

“First, I want to say that Tundra Falls has submitted a five-year deal worth $29.3 per year. Not sure if you want that long of a term, but its there. I am trying to get Southport to at least make an offer, but they tell me that as much as they love you, and they do, that an offer to you that would be what you were worth is not the best allocation of team funds at this time.”

“That’s fine about Southport. I don’t mind the five years, but I prefer three or four.”

“Other then staying with North Charlotte, which Newmanistanian offer interests you the most?”

“I don’t know, Jessicaville and Loudon are night and day, but both good offers. I kind of like that Tundra Falls play, but don’t know about the term.”

“Want to get to the overseas offers now? Because there are some pretty damn good ones.”

“Glad to hear that.”

“How much do you like Cassadaigua? Can you see yourself playing there professionally?”

“It would interest me. Naturally, I like the culture.”

“Well, the New Lakeland Tycoons, the Club Baseball Classic champions have a four year deal at $28.5 per on the table. They have also promised about to $10 million in possible sponsorship endorsements, and an additional signing bonus of $12 million.”

“That’s a very nice offer.”

“Is that all you have to say about it?”

“The endorsements can come from anywhere. Not sure how much I am going to trust that figure, and it seems more like a ploy to get me to sign for less then I could in other spots. Like the signing bonus, though.”

“You can consider it being an additional three million per, making it a $31.5 million per offer.”

“You know, though, I don’t want to be a hired gun. I want someone who truly wants me to be part of the team, and the thing that irks be about them is the same thing that irks me about Jessicaville. The team nickname. Millionaires. Tycoons. That’s just not me. It won’t stop me from signing with them, but I’d like to hear what else you have.”

“Ok, what do you think about North Prarie? Obviously a much different nation.”

“Don’t know much about them. They are still kinda new, right?”

“Yes, but they have a lot of passion about baseball.”

“Yeah, well obviously that is critical.”

“There is a team there called the Cobblestone Lake City Silver Bullets, and they are offering you $31 million for 3 years. Those are figures I know you want.”

“No doubt those are good numbers.”

“You would be the first woman to play in there league. Is that something that turns you off, or do you think you can thrive with that?”

“That’s not a problem. Tell me about Cobblestone City.”

“Cobblestone Lake City. Don’t know much about it.”

“Reach out to them, please, and tell them I want information both about the city, and the team, please.”

“Will do. Now, I have saved the best for last.”

“As you know, the LBL in Super-Llamaland is the one league that can rival the ENBL in every regard. Certainly, you are interested in that league?”

“Yes that is definitely a league I have had in mind.”

“There are two offers.”

“Great, tell me.”

“The Vargas City Lions have a three year deal on the table worth a total of $91.5 million. This is an exciting fit for you, because I think this is truly what you are looking for. Not to be the hired gun, but to be someone’s missing piece. They are consistently a great team, playing in a big city, but can’t quite get over the hurdle that is the New Llama Cyclones. You would be a perfect fit in their lineup which already has established players on the national team, and I know you have spoken highly of Maddie Wagner in the past. She pitches there.”

“That’s very interesting, I do like it. And I really do like Maddie, would love to be her teammate. You said there is another?”

“The South Falls Athletics have a nice four year deal, worth $30 million per year. They are very similar to the South Charlotte Condors, not one of the big names in the league, but not small market either. Their rebuilding efforts, much like South Charlotte, saw them have great success this past season, making to the semifinals before losing. Lost in a tough manner, too.”

“Like that one too.”

“They have a big hole at SS. So you are a need, not only an upgrade. They are young, and want the veteran leadership. Who better then you, Kayla?”

“Great offers!”

“South Falls is also a beautiful coastal city, with plenty of nightlife for you to tell to young players to avoid, or keep in moderation, as a veteran leader!”

“That’s cool, like that.”

“I know I just hit you with a lot, anything you want me to tell these teams?”

“Tell both the LBL teams I definitely like their offers. I am very interested by both of them. Get a little more info about the make up of that North Prarie team and the city. And politely decline the Cassadagan offer. I don’t think New Lakeland is a fit for me.”

“Will do! Are you leaning towards anything at the moment?”

“Right now, I just want to soak it all in. All the offers are fine in regards to term and money, right now I am concerned with where I fit the best.”

“Ok then!”

“Thank you!”

“You’re welcome, and good luck!”
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sun May 27, 2018 9:11 am

At the Admirals HQ, part 1

"Julien, I've been sent by Mr. Shimoda to take you through the basics of baseball. I'm going to leave the actual methodology up to you, and I've heard you know the rules."

"That's right. We're looking for the common misconceptions, so you can leave common wisdom about the game as well."

"Ok, great. If I say 'Designated hitter', do you know what that is?"

"Yeah, that's the part of the basics I do know. Also, Ko-oren does not use the designated hitter, but it can be common abroad."

"Alright, while Mr. Shimoda is working for the Dragonflies, I'm going to take you through the next part of baseball every day for an hour. This first day I've kinda gone ahead and written down some notes. I want to take you through an imaginary game from start to end. First of all, both teams hand a team list to the umpire. This list contains the nine names of the players and the order in which they will bat. This order stands throughout the game. Making a mistake and sending out the wrong player out to bat, results in an out. Then, after warmups, it's time for the first pitch. Every pitch will lead to either an Out, a Ball, or anything involving hitting the ball, meaning a Strike, Hit or a Home Run. Once the player gets three strikes, that is, a combination of how often they've swung at the ball and how often the pitcher has thrown a hittable pitch, they're out. However, a good strike means that the batter turns into a runner heading to first base. An even better strike means you get a home run, where every player gets home for free. A ball, or a wide, is a ball that's thrown by the pitcher to the batter, but deemed more or less unhittable. Four balls result in an automatic walk to first base. An out could come from many things, the most common are strikeouts, fly outs, tag outs and force outs. A strikeout is the three strike rule from before. A fly out is a hit that is caught on the fly, a tag out is being touched by a defender while holding the ball when you're not touching a base, and a force out is where a player, who is forced to run to the next base, is out because the base they are heading for has already been touched by a defender holding the ball. How are you so far?"

"I think I'm good. Basically, we could make a flowchart with all possible outcomes. When we're batting, we could find out whether it's good to hit and run many times, risking more opportunities to get out, or to go mainly for big hits, which carry less risk once running, but way more risk trying to get them. That's something to look into. One question though. Hitting a ball... is it something you can ask a player to do on their own, or how much luck is involved with it?"

"Uh... I suppose, the good hitters can fairly reliably hit a ball, but that's not saying anything about being forced out before they hit first base, or a fly out. And besides, it depends on the pitcher too. A pitcher who can time his balls and strikes, and who can get players to strike when he's actually throwing balls, that's big too. A pitcher has to time when he's throwing strikes and balls, and when he's pitching strikes he has to do something funny to it so the batter doesn't know what kind of pitch it will be. What I'm saying is... well, look at the number of hits for every player and how often they've been at bat..."

"But as you say, that only tells you a rough average for that player. It doesn't say how he got those hits. Did he face a good pitcher? A bad one? What kind of throw, and the outcome of the hit."

"Exactly, I figure that is why we brought you in. And it's pitch, not throw. Sorry."

"So many questions, and we've been here for five minutes. Ok, is that all there is to batting?"

"I think that's enough for today. There's not much more to batting at first glance, after this I think we're going into assumption and common misconception territory really fast anyway."

"I was looking at a list of stats for batters... there's a lot that's recorded. The challenge will be to separate the useful ones from the useless ones. And then to go through the useful ones, and find the relevant data points... I mean, not all hits are equally difficult, and not equally rewarding."

"Seems like you've got something to do for the rest of the day. See you tomorrow!"
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Xelsis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2016
Corporate Bordello

Postby Xelsis » Sun May 27, 2018 9:14 am

Entez Sporting Network-WBC Special
Thirdway through the Classic, bats power the Lightning to victories

"If asked to describe Xelsian baseball in a word, scoring is probably not the first to come to mind. Indeed, some say that the growth of Gridiron Football and Basketball in Xelsis stems from a desire for more high-scoring action than is typical in the older bat-and-ball pasttime. It seems, however, that someone forgot to tell the Lightning that.

With more than a third of games now completed, Xelsis has been all about its hitting, securing a second-place standing in Group 6 with two late-game rallies, a six-run top of the ninth inning against Highton to ice a 1-0 lead, and a heroic three-run comeback, capped off by a walk-off double by the venerable Buck Garner, to overcome a two-run deficit and take down Brookspring.

Xelsis's 5.6 runs per game not only leads Group 6, but is tied for sixth in the entire WBC, far exceeding expectations for the pitching-focused squad. The pitching, while with occasional hiccups, has been powering through itself, and with the fewest runs/game allowed in Group 6, Xelsis is tied for the second-best run differential of all fifty-plus teams in the Classic, a powerful showing for the squad, and one that has near the entire homefront cheering along, in what way well serve as an attempted coup against Pollarol to bring baseball up to the top as Xelsis's most popular sport.

The run differential, however, does not tell the full story. Xelsis has the second-worst record of any team with at least a +20 run differential, and is the only team with such a differential to not lead their division without a team with another 20+ differential ahead of them. Cassadaigua's squad is averaging nearly a run less per game in offense, and allowing more than two-tenths of a run more from their pitching, but maintains a half-game lead in the Group, one built off of taking both games against the Lightning head-to-head. Team Captain Demetri Swaztkova had this to say on the matter.

"It is not runs scored that bring victory. It is runs scored in right game and right time that make winners. Six runs when win seven to zero are waste. Team does not win by running up score when win is sure. Team wins by running up score when game is close. Xelsis team will not be winner until scores run at right times against right teams, is simple."

Coach Browning echoed the sentiment.

"I'm sure everyone is good and happy to see us where we are, but fact is, we're never going to get anywhere if we don't beat Cassadaigua. That's all. Put that in your story and let me get back to my team."

Of course, Coach Browning has received substantial criticism himself for his management decisions when facing the host nation. Browning twice elected to sub in replacement starters, to give the Lightning a better chance, and neither has worked out. Albert Deachrist is now 0-9 in two games against Cassadaigua his only positive outcome coming from being hit by a pitch, replacing Colton Li, and made a throw just a beat too slow on what would have been the third out in the crucial four-run eighth inning in the most recent loss at Pettering Park. Chris Smith, playing second, managed a double in the latest matchup, but has struck out seven times in his own ten at-bats. Starting Daylen Baker, the best pitcher in the Xelsian High League by acclamation, against the most formidable opponent would not be called a controversial decision, but after he struggled in his first-matchup, Browning's decision to leave him in with the bases loaded and two out in the eighth inning proved disastrous, giving up a triple that scored three, and then a double before being pulled, the four runs proving the difference.

If the Lightning are for real, this next two-game set going into the midseason break is their chance to prove it. They face Cassadaigua for the third time, on the host nation's own home field, and they need a win to prove that they can really compete. In a game that Swatzkova called a "must-win". The usually unbreakingly stubborn Browning has, in the rarest of moves, reversed course, announcing that both Li and Garner will keep their starting spots for the game, rather than the intended upgrade of Deachrist and Smith. With Browning apparently unable to make a move without controversy, however, star Nolan Maneros, who has been tearing up the tournament, 21 for 44 with nine walks and 15 RBIs thus far, has been benched in favor of longtime XHL rival outfielder Abdul Al-Umar, after going hitless in the last matchup against the Cassadaiguan pitching staff, riling many fans of the hometown star.

Further in changes from the previously ineffective strategy, while Smith will not be on the field, there still will be a Deachrist, as Katerina, wife of the currently .000-hitting third baseman Albert, will ply her trade on the mound, switching starts with Baker, who will now be pushed back a game to face the Indios. Coming off of a bye, Deachrist will be operating on a standard three days of rest. The knuckleballer's two outings thus far have been at opposite extremes. Facing off against New Sangti both times, her first start was masterful, with nine innings of three-hit, one-run ball. The second proved rather less so, as she made it through only three and a third innings while giving up four runs. The only female pitcher on the national team will be set to see if she can stymie the efforts of the all-female Cassadaiguan squad, and the odds are as wild as she is for whether she'll find success. The fully switch-hitting team had proven able to get bat-on-ball effectively against Baker's carefully aimed fastballs, and the hope of both Browning and the Xelsian faithful alike is that the more erratic, but unpredictable, flutterball will prove harder to make contact against.

The Cassadaiguan outing is not the only test the Lightning will face in the final stretch before the midseason. The New Sangti Indios are a powerful squad, seventeenth-ranked in the world, and while currently working through a slump, they are not to be underestimated, as proven when they silenced the potent Cassadaiguan bats to hand the team one of its only two losses in a 2-1 win, and even more dramatically in a 7-1 hammering of the Xelsian squad in their last encounter. Baker will look to sort out his WBC woes with a fresh lineup to face, while the Lightning will look to imitate their first game against the team rather than the last at the plate.

The two games are set to be a potential pivotal moment in the Series for Xelsis. Picking up the two much-needed wins would give Xelsis a shot at first in the division, and a slight cushion over the Indios. Falling short could drop the team back into third, and on the outside of the playoff bubble. The players are going to give it their all on the field, and we'll have it all for your pleasure, here on Entez Sporting Network, your home for athletic enjoyment."
Last edited by Xelsis on Sun May 27, 2018 10:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
This nation does represent my political views.
Pro: Evangelical Protestantism, womens' rights, chastity, limited government, free markets, right to bear arms, traditional marriage, free speech, competition, honesty, transparency, voucher systems, private unions, police accountability and demilitarization, sentencing reform, decentralization, states' rights, free discussion of ideas, the British "u", trial by combat, exclusionary rule, Red, Arminianism.
Anti: Statism, communism, socialism, racism, abortion, censorship, adultery, premarital sex, same-sex intercourse, public unions, SJWs, classroom censorship, unaccountable judges, whitewashing history, divorce, NSA, No-Fly List, Undeclared Wars, Calvinism, party-line voting, infinite genders, Trump, Biden

Unashamed Virgin

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun May 27, 2018 9:47 am

"I have to go," Nawang Gurung said.

His mother looked sad. "I wish you could stay longer," she said. "I never see you anymore."

"I know," said Nawang.

"Are you sure you don't want to pack any bear repellent? You've got plenty of room in your luggage."

"I'm sure, mom," said Nawang. "I have to pack light so I can go through customs, remember?"

"I just want you to be safe," said his mother.

"I know, but really, I'll be fine. I love you, mom, but you worry too much."

"It's only because I care about you."

"I know." Nawang hugged his mother, picked up his luggage, and went out to the street where a taxi was waiting to take him to the airport. He sometimes wondered how much his mom really worried about things like bear attacks. Did she know she was being paranoid and overprotective, or did she think stuff like that was normal? How had she managed to stay sane when he was a kid and they had to rely on his father's income, which wasn't enough to pay for all these extraneous precautions she liked to take? She meant well, but she really was screwy. Nawang loved her, and he tried to be a good son, but he knew she was screwy.

Hanyi Yang had always been a little flaky, and today, he was having a bad day. The Quebecois pitcher was having a bad day too, so Yang had a 4 run cushion before he loaded the bases and walked in a run in the 2nd inning. Dinesh Mohn came out to the mound and asked Yang if he was drunk. He knew Yang liked baijiu and was prone to stupid drunken antics.

"I don't drink when I have to pitch," Yang answered. He glanced over at the bullpen and saw that someone was warming up in case Mohn pulled him, but he wasn't sure who it was. It looked like Tsui or Ihawa. Tsui was usually a long relief guy. Ihawa was supposed to start the next game, but with the off days built into the schedule, skipping ahead in the rotation was an option.

"Are you hung over?" Mohn asked.

"No," said Yang, and he repeated, "I don't drink when I have to pitch."

"Do I need to give you the day off?"

"No, I got this," said Yang.

"Okay, don't let me down," said Mohn. "And don't let them rattle you. If you got this, you got this." He gave Yang a friendly pat on the back and walked back to the dugout.

Yang gave up another run, but since he still had a lead, Mohn didn't pull him. The Sherpa team batted around in the top of the 3rd and widened their lead from 2 runs to 8.

Yang continued letting everybody and his dog on base for the next several innings, sometimes enough to give up runs, but not quite bad enough to blow an 8 run lead. Mohn had to talk to him a couple more times, but left him in so as not to wear out the bullpen.

Eventually Tsui took over and the scoring stopped.

The Sherpa team wound up winning 12 to 7 in spite of Yang's terrible start. Then it was off to Oscioru...

Oscioru seemed to be a religious nation from what little Jamling Ihawa could understand of it when he didn't speak the language, but it didn't seem to be filled with inhuman spirits to the extent that the Sherpa Empire was. Where he lived in Namche, the hills were alive, and he could talk to the spirits that lived under them. He was quite friendly with the spirit that lived under his home stadium, Syangboche.

Saint Gregory Chrysostom Center felt like the sort of place that ought to have a spirit living under it, but Ihawa couldn't get it to talk to him. He thought most likely there was a spirit living there, but it didn't speak Sherpa and so didn't realize he was try to talk with it. "Never mind, then," he said.

He thought the ivy on the outfield wall seemed kind of hostile, so he tried to calm it and asked it not to chew anyone's arm off. Ghang Tharkay gave him a look that said he thought is was silly to talk to plants, but Ihawa was sure the ivy had heard and understood.

The ivy didn't hurt Chao when he had to make a leaping catch at the wall in the 4th inning, but Ihawa wasn't sure if that was because he had talked to it or just because Chao wasn't a klutz.

Usha Chawa had a good night, batting in 3 of the Sherpa team's 5 runs -- a 2 run homer in the 3rd inning, and an RBI single in the 5th. Ihawa surprised everyone by hitting a home run in the top of the 6th, putting the Sherpas up 5-0 -- but it only took two pitches to get their lead back down to 4 runs. Patel hit the ball high in the air and Albrici came charging across the outfield to get under it and end the top of the inning. Ihawa started the bottom of the inning by throwing a fastball that wasn't fast enough to get by Candide Viola, and it ended up in the outfield seats.

The final score was 5 to 1.

The flight to Lhasa was long and boring, but for once nobody made it worse by talking for hours on end about random crap that none of their teammates cared about. Ihawa asked if, since he had pitched the day before and was supposed to be resting anyway, he could go home to Namche instead of being at Chokpori Stadium for the game there. At first, Mohn was reluctant to give permission because he thought it was better for team cohesion if everyone traveled together.

"There are going to be protests," Ihawa said. "You must know that. My ex-wife is almost certainly going to be there, and if I'm there, then she'll start airing our dirty laundry from the divorce, trying to make it all about her."

"Your ex-wife lives in Xiamen," said Mohn. "Why do you think she is going to be in Lhasa? She hasn't come to any of our other games."

"She's a publicity hound and she can use the protests to draw attention to herself."

"You don't want to be there to tell your side of the story?" said Mohn.

"No," said Ihawa. "If I say anything, that just gives her and her followers something to react to, so she can keep them worked up."

"Okay, but there are hundreds of protests every year, all over the country," said Mohn. "Why are you so sure Hua Hu is going to be at this one?"

"Because she thinks I'm going to be there," said Ihawa. "I've heard from friends that there's supposed to be an antimagicist protest, and a bunch of my fans are planning a counterprotest. Lakshmi Songtsen's agent... I'm drawing a blank on his name because I don't really know him, but he says some feminist groups are planning to counterprotest too. I think most of the feminists don't care if they get what they want on their own or they get what they want because my fans came out to support the same cause -- but Hua Hu does. So I expect her to come to Lhasa and make a lot of noise telling everyone that my fans and I don't really care about making sure Lakshmi Songtsen gets a fair shake. She wants everyone to think I only care about my place in the Hall of Fame and my fans only care about beating the Lamas."

Mohn decided this was more than he wanted to think about, and rather than let it distract him more than it already had, he told Ihawa, "All right, you can go down to Namche."

"Thank you," said Ihawa.

There were protests, but they weren't as bad as they could have been. The police were prepared, and the Tibetan separatists -- at least the ones who weren't baseball fans -- kept quiet. For one thing, they didn't want to make themselves look bad by getting into a riot. For another thing, Lakshmi Songtsen was quite proud of her Tibetan heritage, and they didn't want to get in the way of the people who were defending her right to play baseball.

The anti-magic people showed up with picket signs and megaphones and made a big fuss, but the people who openly argued that women shouldn't play baseball did not come because Songtsen was not on the national team.

The counterprotests were mostly a mix of women's rights activists and Icefall Doctors fans, but there also some baseball fans who rooted for other teams, as well as football and hockey fans who wanted to defend this player or that in their own sport.

Ihawa was right about his ex-wife showing up and stirring shit, but one good thing about Hua Hu was that no matter how nasty, manipulative, and self-absorbed she could get, she had never been violent. The anti-magic people were capable of violence, but with neither Ihawa or Songtsen being in Lhasa, and with the police watching them closely, they didn't get overly agitated.

The Sherpa team won their game 6 to 1, and then it was a day off and a trip to Devonta.

༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Union of Socialist Alpine Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Socialist Alpine Republics » Sun May 27, 2018 11:34 am

The Alpine Union crushes Mezropolis and Ethane!

Waddington, Republic of Wabash - (NAP) After losing against Wabijust in Wabijust, the Alpine Union travelled to Mezropolis. Starting pitchers were Tyler Floyd (1-1) and Voula Van Dael (1-1). Travis Layne scored in the top 2nd inning on a double hitted by Zlatan Belec. Then in the 5th inning, the Alpines exploded with 7 points. Nick Riefenhauser was batting first and he hitted a single. Jared Hanson followed with an optionnal. Wilton Jimenez walked. Kevin McNeill hitted a double, Hanson scored, Jimenez advance to the 3rd base. Nate O'Flaherty walked. Travis Layne hitted a double, Jimenez scored, McNeill scored, O'Flaherty advances to the 3rd base. The score is actually 4-0. Tyson Lindsey hits a single, O'Flaherty scored, Layne advances to the 3rd base. Zlatan Belec is flied out. Esmeralda Sanchez hits a 3 run homeruns with Layne and Lindsey on the bases and the score is now 8-0 Alpine Union! In the bottom 7th inning, Evdokia Dircks hits a 2 runs homerun with Lies De Jonker on the bases and the Bisons lead is cut to 8-2. Nick Riefenhauser is batting first in the top 8th inning and he's flied out. Jared Hanson is grounded out. With 2 outs, Wilton Jimenez hits a single. Kevin McNeill follows with a single, Jimenez advances to the 3rd base. Nate O'Flaherty hits a double, Jimenez scores, McNeill advances to the 3rd base. Travis Layne walked. The bases are loaded for Tyson Lindsey and, after hitting 5 foul balls in a row, he finally hits a grand slam and the score is 13-2 for the Reprezentacja Alpejski! The Alpine Union added 4 more points in the top 8 inning. Esmeralda Sanchez was batting first and she hits a double. Nick Riefenhauser hits a single, Sanchez scored. Jared Hanson hits another single, Riefenhauser advances to the 2nd base. Wilton Jimenez is flied out. Kevin McNeill strikes out. Nate O'Flaherty hits a triple, Riefenhauser scored, Hanson scored. Travis Layne walked. Tyson Lindsey hits a single, O'Flaherty scored and the score is now 17-2 Apine Union and this is the final score! Tyler Floyd (2-1) is the winning pitcher for the Bisons.

The Alpine Union was back at home at the Houser Stadium in Waddington on the next day to play against the top contenders in group 15, Ethane. Rusty Castillo (2-0) and Timothy Bellinger were the starting pitchers. Wilton Jimenez was batting first in the bottom 1st innning and hitted a double. He stole the 3rd base. Kevin McNeill striked out. Nate O'Flaherty hitted a single, Jimenez scored. Travis Layne hitted a double, O'Flaherty advances to the 3rd base. Zlatan Belec hits a sacrifice fly, O'Flaherty scored, Layne stays at 2nd base. Esmeralda Sanchez follows with a 2 runs homerun and the score is 4-0 Alpine Union! Kevin McNeill was batting first in the bottom 3rd inning and he walked. Nate O'Flaherty was flied out. Travis Layne hitted a 2 runs homerun and the score is 6-0 Bisons! In the top 5th inning, Gregory Foster is batting first and he hits a double. Oliver Curtley walked. Benjamin Lynch hits a single, Foster scored, Curtley advanced to the 2nd base. Philip Lewis is flied out. Randy Perry hits a double, Curtley scored, Lynch scored and the Alpines lead is cut to 6-3. In the bottom 8th inning, Zlatan Belec is batting first and he hiited a double. Esmeralda Sanchez hitted a single, Belec advanced to the 3rd base. Nick Riefenhauser hitted a 3 runs homerun and the score is now 9-3 Reprezentacja Alpejski. Still no outs in the inning. Jared Hanson is grounded out. Pinch hitter Logan Hamburger hits a single. Wilton Jimenez hits a single, Hamburger advances to the 2nd base. Kevin McNeill is flied out. Nate O'Flaherty hits a double, Hamburger scores, Jimenez scores and the Alpine Union is now leading 11-3 and this is the final score! Rusty Castillo (3-0) is the winning pitcher for the Bisons.

The Alpine Union now sits in first place in group 15 and has won all of it's 3 games against Ethane, who are in 2nd place. The Bisons will have a bye day on matchday 13 and will travel to Anthor on the next day. Alejandro Gonzalez (1-0) will be the starting picher for the Alpines. Then the Reprezentacja Alpejski will be back at home and will recieve Wabijust and Mezropolis at the New Turakerepes Baseball Field in Turakerepes, Republic of Transdanubia. Turakerepes is the merger of Tura and Kerepes who lies on both side of the Danube river in Transdanubia.
Ranks:
Hockey: 15th | American Football: 8th | Baseball: 10th | Association Football: 65th | Rugby Union: 23rd

Champions: World Bowl XXXII
Runner Up: WCoH 36
3rd Place:
4th Place: WJHC 12, Independents Cup 4, Handball World Cup 21

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sun May 27, 2018 1:30 pm

El Fierro, Malifornia Charter Society

Nicole Fuerst had not seen her daughter Sarah so happy for years. Usually, the teenager just sulked all the time and complained about everything but something had clearly changed with her over the past few days. Yet Sarah would not answer, for whatever reason, whenever she asked her daughter why she was so happy all of a sudden. Then one day, Sarah came home from school, Nicole asked the usual "How was your day?" question and Sarah actually responded for once:

Sarah Fuerst - Boring as usual but I'm so excited for tomorrow!

Nicole Fuerst - What's happening tomorrow?

Sarah Fuerst - Holy shit, I never told you. Elio Lucchese asked me to go with him to the World Baseball Classic game.

Nicole Fuerst - That's great, dear, but please don't take the Lord's name in vain around his family. The Luccheses have connections and it'd make us look really bad if you broke one of the 10 Commandments in front of them.

Sarah Fuerst - OK, Mom. Besides, Elio's real cool and he doesn't care about all of that stuff.

Nicole had not expected to hear that about the son of Samuel Lucchese.

Nicole Fuerst - Sarah, your friend Elio may not be particularly devout but his father definitely is. Trust me, you don't want to embarrass him in front of his father. That could create problems for us and problems at home for him.

Sarah Fuerst - Relax, Mom. I know I'm going to have to pretend to be an innocent little Christian girl who would never even think about questioning authority around his family.

As Sarah said this, she took off her head covering just as she always did whenever she got home.

Nicole Fuerst - Good. In life, you sometimes have to play a role in public that isn't who you actually are. This is the case even in the freest societies and is especially so for us now under this theocracy. Your friend Elio obviously realizes this and makes sure to keep up appearances in public.

Sarah Fuerst - Thank God for the privacy of our own home! I hate having to pretend that I believe in the Salvation Circle's fairy tales.

Nicole Fuerst - But you have to. You know exactly what your school would do to you if you argued that God doesn't exist in class.

Sarah Fuerst - Yeah. They beat some poor boy about a year ago until he "admitted" that God "exists" and apologized for "denying" that "fact." I believe he ended up in the hospital afterward and I don't think he's been back to that school since. Such a shame because he was so cute and I loved how gutsy he was!

Nicole Fuerst - That's a real shame but it should also be a lesson to you and to everybody else who even thinks about defying the Salvation Circle in public.

Sarah Fuerst - Its hard enough to figure out how much I can rebel against them and get away with it.

Nicole Fuerst - Maybe, you should stop rebelling altogether and just do what they want you to do. If it appeared like it happened because you started hanging out with Elio, it'd make him look really good to them.

Sarah Fuerst - Yeah, you've got a point there but I hate the very idea of giving into them.

Nicole Fuerst - I understand exactly where you're coming from but maybe you should think about why you're frustrated in the first place.

Sarah Fuerst - Well, I can no longer dress the way I want. I can no longer dye my hair because this shitty school makes me keep it black. I can't play baseball anymore and I can't run around teasing the boys any longer either!

Nicole Fuerst - Why would you want to tease boys when you seem to have hit the jackpot? And on the bright side, you now have time to pursue other interests besides playing baseball. I certainly never saw you use the computer so much before the Circle rose to power.

Sarah Fuerst - That's because I'm bored since being outside of the house when I'd be arrested if I dressed comfortably is no fun!

Nicole Fuerst - What are you doing on the computer?

Sarah Fuerst - Just playing games. I've downloaded this baseball game called Front Office Baseball that lets me run baseball teams. Its lots of fun and I even managed to turn the Nashua Broncos into ENBL champions by signing a bunch of Republican players as international free agents then somehow selling TV rights to my team's games to a Republican station.

Sarah was not going to tell her mother about all the hacking she'd also been doing or that she'd managed to find a way to break the Great Malifornia Firewall.

Nicole Fuerst - That seems a bit far-fetched but I'm glad you've found something to do to occupy your time.

The next day just flew by for Sarah Fuerst. Finally, the clock struck 3:30 and the 8 hours of daily torture called "school" was over. At that moment, Sarah practically ran to her locker, collected her belongings and headed outside to the flagpole to find Elio Lucchese. When she arrived, Elio was already waiting there after leaving class with about 15 minutes to go to "use the restroom" so he could get out of school quickly.

Elio Lucchese - Hey Sarah. Are you ready to go to the game tonight?

Sarah Fuerst - You bet I am!

Elio Lucchese - Then, hop into my car and I'll take you to my house.

Sarah Fuerst - Why do we need to go to your house first? I thought we were going straight to the game?

Elio Lucchese - Do you really want to wear these horrible uniforms to a baseball game? Come on.

Sarah Fuerst - Then I guess I need to go by my place to change.

Elio Lucchese - That won't be necessary.

A couple hours later, Sarah, Elio, Elio's parents, Elio's 5 siblings and their 5 dates all arrived at the ballpark. Elio was now wearing a Brock Shield jersey and he had surprised Sarah with a Honomi Kamei jersey and an officially licensed Free Republics National Baseball Team skirt. Mr. Samuel Lucchese was wearing a Namo Busque jersey. Every single one of them was wearing a Free Republics jersey. As it turned out, the Luccheses had bought out the entire front row by the home dugout with some help from their connections within the Salvation Circle.

They arrived as the doors opened at Salvation Park and made their way to their seats. For the next hour and a half while they waited for the game to start, the 14 of them variously talked to players, got autographs and went out walking around the park. At one point, all of the others except for Elio were gone and Sarah had the opportunity to talk to Honomi Kamei. She figured it was now or never, so she took advantage of the opportunity to talk to her favorite player.

Sarah Fuerst - Honomi, I'm like your biggest fan. You're an incredible player and an inspiration to women everywhere.

Honomi Kamei was a bit surprised to hear these words in Malifornia where the misogynistic Salvation Circle was in charge and especially so from a girl sitting in the front row, which was reserved for those with connections to the local powers that be.

Honomi Kamei - Thank you. Its always great to hear from fans.

Sarah Fuerst - I used to be a pretty good baseball player but I can't play anymore since that's not "ladylike" enough for a member of the Salvation Circle so now I live vicariously through you.

Honomi Kamei - It makes me feel so happy to know that I've made a difference just by playing baseball. Do you want my autograph?

Sarah Fuerst - That'd be great.

Honomi Kamei - Well, we're just going to throw this baseball out anyway so I'll sign it for you instead!

Honomi Kamei signed her name on the ball and then thought of something.

Honomi Kamei - By the way, can you wait just 1 minute?

Sarah Fuerst - Of course.

Honomi Kamei walked into the dugout, talked it over with Kyle Thomas and came out with a piece of paper.

Honomi Kamei - What's your name?

Sarah Fuerst - I'm Sarah, Sarah Fuerst.

Honomi Kamei - Well Sarah, I'm going to give you my email address. If you still want to play baseball, get in touch with me and I'll see what I can do for you after you finish high school.

Sarah Fuerst - That's great. Thank you, Honomi.

The Free Republics would win this game convincingly to improve to 9-1 with a +30 run differential. With 14 games to go, the FFR now had a 4 game lead over Darmen and a 4 and a half game lead over Acapais. Honomi Kamei would go 6-for-6 on the day, scoring 3 runs and driving in 3 runs with a triple in the 7th inning that put the game out of reach for West Guam. While Namo Busque would allow 4 earned runs in 5 and a third innings of work, that was still enough to pick up the win. Ming Hsing would pick up a save after pitching 3 and two thirds innings without conceding a run. The Free Republics would win 12 to 4.

In the bleachers by the home dugout, Sarah Fuerst had been a hit with the Luccheses and Samuel Lucchese gave his permission for the two kids to begin dating one another but not before warning both of them that he'd separate the two of them permanently if they engaged in any premarital sex. Best of all, from Sarah's perspective, Mr. Lucchese granted permission for the two of them to hang out at Sarah's house which meant she'd have the opportunity to hang out and chat with Elio without having to censor herself and put forward the appearance of being a good Christian who believed in the teachings of the Salvation Circle. To Sarah Fuerst, the events of this day felt like they had been a dream but they had actually happened.

After the Republican National Team left Malifornia, the first very thing Honomi Kamei did was phone Shuuji Nishi, the new Taiyouese-born manager of the Republica Vipers, and let him know that she'd found a potential prospect in Malifornia. A quick Googol search had turned up lots of old news stories about Sarah Fuerst's feats on the diamond including her dominant run at the Kids League World Series when she was 12 and reports about all of the RCAA programs that were scouting her. Honomi explained to her manager that this girl was not currently playing baseball, thanks to the Salvation Circle's sexist policies, but that she had been a superstar at one point and might be worth taking a chance on some day. Shuuji Nishi had a reputation for finding diamonds in the rough and told his star shortstop that he'd definitely be willing to give this girl a chance, if she wanted it after graduation...
Last edited by Free Republics on Sun May 27, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Sun May 27, 2018 3:26 pm

To : tom@rocketsagencies.new (Kayla Carey's Agent)

Hi Tom,

I saw your email about Kayla wanting to know a bit more about us. It's great that she's interested, and that she's unfazed by the fact that she would be the first woman on our team. North Prarie is not gender biased at all. Women go into careers in politics, business, and journalism most of the time, but for some reason, all the popular sports are men's sports.
Anyways, here's some info about CLC and the Silver Bullets.
Cobblestone Lake City is the fastest growing city in North Prarie, with 1.7 million people (4.2 in the metro) and is the 5th largest in North Prarie. Cobblestone Lake City is the capital of the state of Southern Lakes, and I also the largest city on the shore of Cobblestone Lake, the largest lake in North Prarie. Cobblestone Lake is the basin for the Great Prarie River, and the start is about 15 miles away from the city center.
Cobblestone Lake City is renowned as the capital of winter sports and Prancoi culture in North Prarie. Prancoi is a mix of French, German, and the native tribes, and most Prarieans have Prancoi heritage. Therefore, French-stye buildings adorn districts in Lakeside CLC, including the Embassy District.
As for the winter sports part, CLC is the closest large city to winter sports hubs like King Lake and Hyvi, therefore it hosts many winter sports tournaments. CLC can get cold in the winter, having about 7 degrees at its lowest in the winter, but 100 degrees at its hottest in the summer.
CLC is a suburban paradise and the hotbed of NP Nice, the very true stereotype that all Prarieans are nice people. Someone in CLC will hold the door for you from feet away.
CLC is full of lakeside resorts, and the resorts are large tourist attractions for citizens of south North Prarie during the summer.
And as for the Silver Bullets...
The Cobblestone Lake City Silver Bullets play in beautiful, brand new, 47,500 seater NPRN Park uptown in the CLC Sportsplex, complex of stadiums for professional teams. Here's a grab about NPRN from a tourist brochure before the Prarie Classic semis:

Public Transport
Fans will be surprised to learn that the main form of public transport is lightrail (tram) Lightrail lines Silver, Navy, and Green serve the stadium at CLC Sportsplex Station. The Navy line connects to NPRN and regional station CLC Central Station. Bus lines A, K, and S also serve NPRN Park.
Hotels
Phoenix Luxury Hotels CLC Sportsplex and Plat Hotels CLC Stadium are all located within a block of the stadiu. Many other hotels can be found within walking distance as well, some even being resorts at Cobblestone Lake.
Nearby Attractions
NPRN Field is on the north end of the CLC Sportsplex, a downtown sports stadium cluster in CLC. Therefore, it is very close to hockey and superball arena RiverCredit Center, basketball stadium Link Arena, soccer stadium Phoenix Hotels Park, and field sport stadium Bank of the Lakes Stadium. The lakeside, as before mentioned, is 3 blocks away and is home to resorts, nightlife, parks, and overall fun.

As for the team itself : Defending Southern League champions and Prarie Series runners-up, the Silver Bullets are the pride of Cobblestone Lake City. With stars like Jaime Greta, Connor Laurent, Logan Violet and many more, the Bullets have one of the most stacked rosters in the NPBL. Playing in sky blue and silver, the team's iconic C inside a L inside a C logo adorns hats, jerseys, and can be see around Southern Lakes. The team is managed by Prariean 3rd base coach Todd Smit, who is a fun and peppy leader the team can get behind. Our main rivals are the Cortland Bandits of our sister cit, Cortland, though we have had more and more of a rivalry with the Highland Scotties, who we often compete with for a division championship. But with you, Kayla, we wouldn't be competing anymore. We would be winning.

There's your info!
Best,
Chris
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sun May 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Stormy Seas

I feel the need to provide you all with a little update, as I said that I would be travelling Ethane before heading off into the world, and was supposed to have started blogging about my journeys through Ethane by now.

The plan was to start my journey with a couple of weeks on the Isle of Lowes. However, my plans have been hindered slightly by something completely out of my control: the weather. I arrived at the mainland port on the north coast of western Ethane to catch the ferry across to the island 2 days ago, but unfortunately just as I arrived the ferries were stopped due to a storm warning.

I was unaware of how long the storm warning would be in force for, as the boats just informed us about the storm but not how long it was forecast for. So I stayed in the docks for a few hours, hoping it would be a short-lived storm. It wasn't your average docks, it was more like a mini airport terminal with shops and areas to rest and stay. There was also a passport control section as some boats did head off to other countries from here, despite this being a relatively minor port in comparison to the ports in other cities such as Swanmouth, Merseyshore Dockside, and New Sarum, all of which I will be visiting later in my travels.

A couple of hours before closing time (the dock was closed between 11 pm and 6 am other than for very specific boats which used specific entrances), I realised that there was no point me waiting around at the docks because there weren't going to be any ferries heading to the Isle of Lowe before it closed for the day. So I returned to the town and looked for somewhere to stay; luckily there was a hostel on the outskirts which still had some space left. It wasn't the nicest of hostels that I have stayed in throughout my life, but it did the job for one night.

The next morning, I woke up early because I wanted to be on an early ferry so I could use the full day at Lowes. I didn't need to look at the weather forecast or ferry operator's website to see that it was unlikely there would be any ferries today. I looked out the window and it was visible that there was a strong gale blowing which would make any attempted crossing dangerous and unlikely. So I was stuck for another day, with not really anything to do except for exploring the local area. A walk would have been possible, but the weather was honestly just too grim to attempt a walk along the coast, especially one of the walks I had lined up. Besides, the walks were intended for later in my schedule, and they ideally needed good weather which would come later in the year.

It was a bit of a boring day, and not really anything worth mentioning on here happened. I mostly visited the local attractions such as a museum and sat around in coffee ships planning a bit of future legs in my tour of Ethane and future tours abroad.

Now here I find myself this morning. I've looked outside and it's still pretty grim, but it is nowhere near as bad as yesterday morning. I've also looked on the ferry operator's website and they've said there will be no ferries running to the Isle of Lowe this morning, but there might be a few services this evening. I know they'll likely be busy because of the fact there hasn't been any services over the past few days. So I'm heading to the docks now in the hope that there will be services later today, and that I am near the front of the queue for these services so I can get on them today and utilise my time from tomorrow.

So there will be updates to the blog coming up around my adventure, including an article at some point following up on this article about when things don't quite go to plan when travelling. But hopefully, from this afternoon, we'll be back on track and ready to explore the Isle of Lowe before heading off on the next leg of my tour of Ethane.

ENTV

Explosive Sports News
Football - World Cup 79
[Home] [Cricket][Baseball][Basketball][Tennis][Other Sports]

Alpine Union Assert Position
by Andrew Davis

The Alpine Union are a team that appears to be hungry for results in this World Baseball Classic. After playing 10 games, they find themselves 6 points ahead at the top of the group, having beaten the top-ranked team in the group in every fixture they have faced them. Unafraid to shy away and be intimidated, the Alpine Union are the early favourites in this group.

Group 15, in which teams such as The Alpine Union and Ethane find themselves in, has so far been a pretty tough competition. While The Alpine Union is out in front on 21 points, 6 points ahead of Ethane in second place, they have played 1 more game than the Red Kites which gives the higher-ranked side a chance to catch up.

The bottom team in the group so far is Mezropolis, who sit in 12 points, a mere 3 points behind a qualification spot and only 9 points behind the leader. This is a sharp contrast to groups such as Group 13, which has Schiltzberg and Liventia, teams which clearly hold a dominant position in their respective first and second places. This contrast shows the competitive nature of group 15 so far, which is turning this group into a tense fight as we head towards the half-way point of the group stages.

However, one area in which group 15 hasn't been competitive at all, and this has harshly impacted on the Red Kites' hunt for supremacy again, is the fixtures between Ethane and the current group leaders, the Alpine Union. In all 3 games which they have played each other so far in this first half of the groups, The Alpine Union have easily overcome the Red Kites team, with dominance from both batsmen and pitchers. The Red Kites have appeared to have trouble reaching the gear which their opponents have found, leaving them 6 points adrift from the top of the group, albeit with 1 game in hand leaving plenty of possibility as the teams going into the second half of the group stages to catch them up.

Their first fixture together was the closest one of the lot, with The Alpine Union only managing to overcome the Red Kites 5-3, with a run in both the 7th and 8th inning, which Ethane had no response to. The second game together saw Ethane score a run less than the first fixture, with 1 run in the 4th and 8 innings. If the Red Kites had scored more, they would have been in with a chance but in the end the 1 run in each of the 2nd, 4th, and 7th inning was enough for The Alpine Union to win the match, with the 2 runs in the 9th inning just rubbing dirt into the wound and assuring victory.

The final game was a notoriously more significant victory for the opposition of Ethane. 4 runs in the first inning followed by 2 runs in the 3rd before the Red Kites had even scored anything, had already effectively sealed the win. In fact, the 4 runs of the first inning were enough in the end, with Ethane only managing to muster 3 runs in the 5th inning for their total game tally. The 5 runs for The Alpine Union in the 8th inning just added insult to injury.

If these results keep up, the Red Kites may struggle to progress to the round of 32 from the groups as they face against the rest of the group. To reach it, they need to start performing better as the team heads towards the second half of the group stages. Undoubtedly, the Red Kites also need to improve their performances against The Alpine Union; they are certainly a good team but the Ethanians need to be asserting their supremacy at the top of group 15 if they want to start pushing for a second win at some point soon. And if they don't start improving in performances, a certain manager's job could be on the line, despite everything he has done so far for Ethane.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun May 27, 2018 5:01 pm

Matchday 13:
Group 1
The Wolf Zones 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Deseret and Zion 0 0 0 3 2 0 0 0 X 5

Scootalove City 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Sandberg 0 2 0 0 0 1 2 0 X 5

1 Krossa 10 7 3 52 37 +15 21
2 Scootalove City 10 6 4 47 40 +7 18
3 Deseret and Zion 10 5 5 41 34 +7 15
4 Sandberg 11 5 6 44 57 −13 15
5 The Wolf Zones 11 3 8 43 59 −16 9

Group 2
North Prarie 1 3 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 6
Banija 1 0 1 0 0 1 5 0 X 8

East Ares 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 5
Lycrabon 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 4 6

1 Lycrabon 11 8 3 47 33 +14 24
2 Banija 10 6 4 47 48 −1 18
3 North Prarie 11 5 6 45 46 −1 15
4 East Ares 10 4 6 36 40 −4 12
5 The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 10 3 7 39 47 −8 9

Group 3
Melbergia 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Ko-oren 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 2

USS Monitor 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2
Ireland Isles 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 South Covello 10 8 2 46 25 +21 24
2 Ko-oren 10 7 3 49 30 +19 21
3 USS Monitor 10 6 4 37 35 +2 18
4 Melbergia 11 3 8 38 48 −10 9
5 Ireland Isles 11 2 9 30 62 −32 6

Group 4
God and Country 1 0 0 1 0 3 1 4 0 10
The Imperial Frost Federation 4 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 7

New Jarwel 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 0 2 6
Equestrian States 0 1 2 1 0 1 0 0 0 5

1 Equestrian States 11 7 4 69 44 +25 21
2 New Jarwel 10 6 4 54 47 +7 18
3 God and Country 11 5 6 50 59 −9 15
4 St Saratoga 10 5 5 39 51 −12 15
5 The Imperial Frost Federation 10 3 7 31 42 −11 9

Group 5
Northwest Kalactin 1 0 0 0 5 0 1 0 0 7
Beepee 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2 1 5

Gloriax 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 3
Super-Llamaland 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 4

1 Super-Llamaland 11 9 2 64 36 +28 27
2 Northwest Kalactin 11 6 5 55 50 +5 18
3 Beepee 10 6 4 42 38 +4 18
4 Nuevo Caracas 10 3 7 37 51 −14 9
5 Gloriax 10 2 8 29 52 −23 6

Group 6
Xelsis 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Cassadaigua 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 2 X 5

Highton 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 3
Brookspring 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2

1 Cassadaigua 10 8 2 47 29 +18 24
2 Xelsis 11 7 4 57 34 +23 21
3 New Sangti 10 5 5 46 50 −4 15
4 Brookspring 11 4 7 37 44 −7 12
5 Highton 10 2 8 24 54 −30 6

Group 7
Free Republics 1 3 0 1 2 0 0 0 3 10
Acapais 0 0 0 2 0 0 3 0 0 5

Midand 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
West Guam 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 X 3

1 Free Republics 11 10 1 86 51 +35 30
3 Acapais 10 4 6 40 51 −11 12
4 West Guam 11 4 7 38 59 −21 12
5 Midand 10 3 7 44 48 −4 9

Group 8
Vangaziland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Holy Nazirealm 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 4 X 7

United States of Yasser 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2
Humaliwo 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1

1 Nova Anglicana 10 10 0 54 32 +22 30
2 United States of Yasser 10 5 5 48 45 +3 15
3 Holy Nazirealm 10 4 6 42 37 +5 12
4 Vangaziland 11 4 7 53 62 −9 12
5 Humaliwo 11 3 8 36 57 −21 9

Group 9
New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 X 3

Saintland 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
Drawkland 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 1 4

1 Drawkland 11 8 3 61 34 +27 24
2 Maklohi Vai 10 6 4 41 35 +6 18
3 Saintland 10 6 4 43 39 +4 18
4 Mirfast 10 4 6 31 40 −9 12
5 New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 11 2 9 27 55 −28 6

Group 10
United States of Devonta 2 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 8
East Apikai 1 0 0 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 5

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 1 5
Oscioru 0 0 0 1 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 4

1 The Sherpa Empire 10 7 3 47 31 +16 21
2 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 10 7 3 54 44 +10 21
3 Oscioru 11 6 5 51 45 +6 18
4 East Apikai 10 3 7 35 50 −15 9
5 United States of Devonta 11 3 8 44 61 −17 9

Group 11
Cosumar 3 0 0 0 0 2 3 0 0 8
The Star Enpire 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 2 0 5

Filindostan 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 3
Bauscland 0 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 X 4

1 Abanhfleft 10 8 2 56 34 +22 24
2 Bauscland 11 7 4 61 39 +22 21
3 Cosumar 11 5 6 38 53 −15 15
4 Filindostan 10 3 7 31 42 −11 9
5 The Star Enpire 10 3 7 30 48 −18 9

Group 12
Newmanistan 0 4 1 4 1 0 0 0 0 10
Crystalline Caverns 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 4

Hampton Island 0 1 1 3 0 1 3 0 3 12
Stetzra 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Newmanistan 11 10 1 61 31 +30 30
2 Hampton Island 10 6 4 56 48 +8 18
3 Crystalline Caverns 10 5 5 40 46 −6 15
4 Stetzra 11 4 7 50 64 −14 12
5 Chagall 10 1 9 44 62 −18 3

Group 13
Liventia 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Juvencus 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 X 3

Valliesta 2 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 5
Pripet Socialist Republic 0 1 1 0 0 2 0 0 2 6

1 Schiltzberg 10 9 1 48 23 +25 27
2 Liventia 11 7 4 53 42 +11 21
3 Valliesta 10 4 6 44 47 −3 12
4 Juvencus 10 3 7 38 53 −15 9
5 Pripet Socialist Republic 11 3 8 32 50 −18 9

Group 14
Kita-Hinode 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 3
The Greater Nordics 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 0 X 6

Hicana 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
West Phoenicia 0 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 X 5

1 West Phoenicia 11 8 3 54 42 +12 24
2 Nevis And Kitts 10 6 4 44 33 +11 18
3 Kita-Hinode 11 4 7 43 47 −4 12
4 The Greater Nordics 10 4 6 32 40 −8 12
5 Hicana 10 4 6 35 46 −11 12

Group 15
Anthor 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2
Ethane 2 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 X 4

Wabijust 0 5 0 2 0 0 0 2 0 9
Mezropolis 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 3

1 Alpine Union 10 7 3 69 43 +26 21
2 Ethane 10 6 4 46 45 +1 18
3 Wabijust 10 5 5 44 52 −8 15
4 Anthor 11 4 7 52 47 +5 12
5 Mezropolis 11 4 7 45 69 −24 12

Matchday 14:
Group 1
Deseret and Zion 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 5
Scootalove City 0 0 0 0 0 5 5 5 X 15

Krossa 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 6 0 9
The Wolf Zones 0 0 0 0 0 2 3 2 1 8

1 Krossa 11 8 3 61 45 +16 24
2 Scootalove City 11 7 4 62 45 +17 21
3 Deseret and Zion 11 5 6 46 49 −3 15
4 Sandberg 11 5 6 44 57 −13 15
5 The Wolf Zones 12 3 9 51 68 −17 9

Group 2
Banija 4 0 1 0 0 1 2 0 4 12
East Ares 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 3

The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 0 2 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 5
North Prarie 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Lycrabon 11 8 3 47 33 +14 24
2 Banija 11 7 4 59 51 +8 21
3 North Prarie 12 5 7 45 51 −6 15
4 The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 11 4 7 44 47 −3 12
5 East Ares 11 4 7 39 52 −13 12

Group 3
Ko-oren 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 5
USS Monitor 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3

South Covello 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3
Melbergia 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 2 5

1 Ko-oren 11 8 3 54 33 +21 24
2 South Covello 11 8 3 49 30 +19 24
3 USS Monitor 11 6 5 40 40 0 18
4 Melbergia 12 4 8 43 51 −8 12
5 Ireland Isles 11 2 9 30 62 −32 6

Group 4
The Imperial Frost Federation 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2
New Jarwel 0 0 0 0 2 2 0 0 X 4

St Saratoga 0 0 4 1 0 0 1 2 0 8
God and Country 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Equestrian States 11 7 4 69 44 +25 21
2 New Jarwel 11 7 4 58 49 +9 21
3 St Saratoga 11 6 5 47 51 −4 18
4 God and Country 12 5 7 50 67 −17 15
5 The Imperial Frost Federation 11 3 8 33 46 −13 9

Group 5
Beepee 1 0 1 0 2 4 0 0 0 8
Gloriax 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2

Nuevo Caracas 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Northwest Kalactin 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 X 3

1 Super-Llamaland 11 9 2 64 36 +28 27
2 Beepee 11 7 4 50 40 +10 21
3 Northwest Kalactin 12 7 5 58 50 +8 21
4 Nuevo Caracas 11 3 8 37 54 −17 9
5 Gloriax 11 2 9 31 60 −29 6

Group 6
Cassadaigua 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 3 6
Highton 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 3

New Sangti 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Xelsis 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 1 X 5

1 Cassadaigua 11 9 2 53 32 +21 27
2 Xelsis 12 8 4 62 35 +27 24
3 New Sangti 11 5 6 47 55 −8 15
4 Brookspring 11 4 7 37 44 −7 12
5 Highton 11 2 9 27 60 −33 6

Group 7
Acapais 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 3
Midand 0 1 0 0 0 0 3 0 X 4

Darmen 0 0 4 0 0 1 0 1 0 6
Free Republics 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

1 Free Republics 12 10 2 87 57 +30 30
2 Darmen 11 6 5 50 44 +6 18
3 Midand 11 4 7 48 51 −3 12
4 Acapais 11 4 7 43 55 −12 12
5 West Guam 11 4 7 38 59 −21 12

Group 8
Holy Nazirealm 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
United States of Yasser 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 X 3

Nova Anglicana 0 1 0 0 2 1 0 4 3 11
Vangaziland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 Nova Anglicana 11 11 0 65 32 +33 33
2 United States of Yasser 11 6 5 51 45 +6 18
3 Holy Nazirealm 11 4 7 42 40 +2 12
4 Vangaziland 12 4 8 53 73 −20 12
5 Humaliwo 11 3 8 36 57 −21 9

Group 9
Maklohi Vai 1 1 5 0 0 0 1 2 1 11
Saintland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Mirfast 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 3
New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 0 2 1 0 1 0 0 0 X 4

1 Drawkland 11 8 3 61 34 +27 24
2 Maklohi Vai 11 7 4 52 35 +17 21
3 Saintland 11 6 5 43 50 −7 18
4 Mirfast 11 4 7 34 44 −10 12
5 New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 12 3 9 31 58 −27 9

Group 10
East Apikai 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 4 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 X 6

The Sherpa Empire 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 3
United States of Devonta 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 4

1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 11 8 3 60 45 +15 24
2 The Sherpa Empire 11 7 4 50 35 +15 21
3 Oscioru 11 6 5 51 45 +6 18
4 United States of Devonta 12 4 8 48 64 −16 12
5 East Apikai 11 3 8 36 56 −20 9

Group 11
The Star Enpire 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 4
Filindostan 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1

Abanhfleft 0 1 1 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 3 9
Cosumar 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 6

1 Abanhfleft 11 9 2 65 40 +25 27
2 Bauscland 11 7 4 61 39 +22 21
3 Cosumar 12 5 7 44 62 −18 15
4 The Star Enpire 11 4 7 34 49 −15 12
5 Filindostan 11 3 8 32 46 −14 9

Group 12
Crystalline Caverns 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Hampton Island 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 X 3

Chagall 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2
Newmanistan 1 0 0 0 1 2 3 0 X 7

1 Newmanistan 12 11 1 68 33 +35 33
2 Hampton Island 11 7 4 59 48 +11 21
3 Crystalline Caverns 11 5 6 40 49 −9 15
4 Stetzra 11 4 7 50 64 −14 12
5 Chagall 11 1 10 46 69 −23 3

Group 13
Juvencus 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 4
Valliesta 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 3

Schiltzberg 0 1 0 3 1 0 1 0 0 6
Liventia 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 4

1 Schiltzberg 11 10 1 54 27 +27 30
2 Liventia 12 7 5 57 48 +9 21
3 Valliesta 11 4 7 47 51 −4 12
4 Juvencus 11 4 7 42 56 −14 12
5 Pripet Socialist Republic 11 3 8 32 50 −18 9

Group 14
The Greater Nordics 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 5
Hicana 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 4

Nevis And Kitts 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 2
Kita-Hinode 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 4 6

1 West Phoenicia 11 8 3 54 42 +12 24
2 Nevis And Kitts 11 6 5 46 39 +7 18
3 Kita-Hinode 12 5 7 49 49 0 15
4 The Greater Nordics 11 5 6 37 44 −7 15
5 Hicana 11 4 7 39 51 −12 12

Group 15
Ethane 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 1 4
Wabijust 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 2

Alpine Union 0 0 0 3 0 1 1 0 0 5
Anthor 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

1 Alpine Union 11 8 3 74 45 +29 24
2 Ethane 11 7 4 50 47 +3 21
3 Wabijust 11 5 6 46 56 −10 15
4 Anthor 12 4 8 54 52 +2 12
5 Mezropolis 11 4 7 45 69 −24 12

Matchday 15:
Group 1
Scootalove City 0 5 0 2 0 1 2 2 0 12
Krossa 1 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 4

Sandberg 0 0 1 1 0 2 1 1 0 6
Deseret and Zion 1 0 0 6 0 1 2 0 X 10

1 Scootalove City 12 8 4 74 49 +25 24
2 Krossa 12 8 4 65 57 +8 24
3 Deseret and Zion 12 6 6 56 55 +1 18
4 Sandberg 12 5 7 50 67 −17 15
5 The Wolf Zones 12 3 9 51 68 −17 9

Group 2
East Ares 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 3
The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2

Lycrabon 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2
Banija 0 0 3 0 0 1 2 1 X 7

1 Banija 12 8 4 66 53 +13 24
2 Lycrabon 12 8 4 49 40 +9 24
3 North Prarie 12 5 7 45 51 −6 15
4 East Ares 12 5 7 42 54 −12 15
5 The Autonomous Region of Helsinki 12 4 8 46 50 −4 12

Group 3
USS Monitor 3 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 6
South Covello 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 4

Ireland Isles 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Ko-oren 1 0 0 2 0 0 1 1 X 5

1 Ko-oren 12 9 3 59 34 +25 27
2 South Covello 12 8 4 53 36 +17 24
3 USS Monitor 12 7 5 46 44 +2 21
4 Melbergia 12 4 8 43 51 −8 12
5 Ireland Isles 12 2 10 31 67 −36 6

Group 4
New Jarwel 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 6
St Saratoga 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 4

Equestrian States 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 3 4 10
The Imperial Frost Federation 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 3

1 Equestrian States 12 8 4 79 47 +32 24
2 New Jarwel 12 8 4 64 53 +11 24
3 St Saratoga 12 6 6 51 57 −6 18
4 God and Country 12 5 7 50 67 −17 15
5 The Imperial Frost Federation 12 3 9 36 56 −20 9

Group 5
Gloriax 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
Nuevo Caracas 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 3

Super-Llamaland 0 0 0 4 0 1 0 0 0 5
Beepee 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 3

1 Super-Llamaland 12 10 2 69 39 +30 30
2 Northwest Kalactin 12 7 5 58 50 +8 21
3 Beepee 12 7 5 53 45 +8 21
4 Nuevo Caracas 12 4 8 40 55 −15 12
5 Gloriax 12 2 10 32 63 −31 6

Group 6
Highton 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
New Sangti 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 X 3

Brookspring 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Cassadaigua 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 X 3

1 Cassadaigua 12 10 2 56 33 +23 30
2 Xelsis 12 8 4 62 35 +27 24
3 New Sangti 12 6 6 50 56 −6 18
4 Brookspring 12 4 8 38 47 −9 12
5 Highton 12 2 10 28 63 −35 6

Group 7
Midand 0 6 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 8
Darmen 0 0 0 1 2 0 1 0 3 0 7

West Guam 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 3
Acapais 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4

1 Free Republics 12 10 2 87 57 +30 30
2 Darmen 12 6 6 57 52 +5 18
3 Midand 12 5 7 56 58 −2 15
4 Acapais 12 5 7 47 58 −11 15
5 West Guam 12 4 8 41 63 −22 12

Group 8
United States of Yasser 0 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 6
Nova Anglicana 0 0 3 0 1 0 1 0 0 5

Humaliwo 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 3
Holy Nazirealm 4 0 0 1 0 2 2 0 X 9

1 Nova Anglicana 12 11 1 70 38 +32 33
2 United States of Yasser 12 7 5 57 50 +7 21
3 Holy Nazirealm 12 5 7 51 43 +8 15
4 Vangaziland 12 4 8 53 73 −20 12
5 Humaliwo 12 3 9 39 66 −27 9

Group 9
Saintland 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 5
Mirfast 0 0 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 4

Drawkland 0 2 1 2 0 0 0 4 0 9
Maklohi Vai 0 1 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 4

1 Drawkland 12 9 3 70 38 +32 27
2 Maklohi Vai 12 7 5 56 44 +12 21
3 Saintland 12 7 5 48 54 −6 21
4 Mirfast 12 4 8 38 49 −11 12
5 New Haudenosaunee Confederacy 12 3 9 31 58 −27 9

Group 10
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 4
The Sherpa Empire 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 X 5

Oscioru 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
East Apikai 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 X 2

1 The Sherpa Empire 12 8 4 55 39 +16 24
2 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 12 8 4 64 50 +14 24
3 Oscioru 12 6 6 51 47 +4 18
4 United States of Devonta 12 4 8 48 64 −16 12
5 East Apikai 12 4 8 38 56 −18 12

Group 11
Filindostan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Abanhfleft 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 X 2

Bauscland 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 4 7
The Star Enpire 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1

1 Abanhfleft 12 10 2 67 40 +27 30
2 Bauscland 12 8 4 68 40 +28 24
3 Cosumar 12 5 7 44 62 −18 15
4 The Star Enpire 12 4 8 35 56 −21 12
5 Filindostan 12 3 9 32 48 −16 9

Group 12
Hampton Island 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 3
Chagall 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2

Stetzra 0 0 0 1 0 3 0 0 0 4
Crystalline Caverns 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 1 X 5

1 Newmanistan 12 11 1 68 33 +35 33
2 Hampton Island 12 8 4 62 50 +12 24
3 Crystalline Caverns 12 6 6 45 53 −8 18
4 Stetzra 12 4 8 54 69 −15 12
5 Chagall 12 1 11 48 72 −24 3

Group 13
Valliesta 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 4
Schiltzberg 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 8

Pripet Socialist Republic 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Juvencus 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

1 Schiltzberg 12 11 1 62 31 +31 33
2 Liventia 12 7 5 57 48 +9 21
3 Juvencus 12 5 7 44 57 −13 15
4 Valliesta 12 4 8 51 59 −8 12
5 Pripet Socialist Republic 12 3 9 33 52 −19 9

Group 14
Hicana 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Nevis And Kitts 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 X 3

West Phoenicia 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 4
The Greater Nordics 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

1 West Phoenicia 12 9 3 58 43 +15 27
2 Nevis And Kitts 12 7 5 49 39 +10 21
3 Kita-Hinode 12 5 7 49 49 0 15
4 The Greater Nordics 12 5 7 38 48 −10 15
5 Hicana 12 4 8 39 54 −15 12

Group 15
Wabijust 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Alpine Union 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 2 X 5

Mezropolis 0 0 0 0 5 1 1 2 1 10
Ethane 3 0 0 2 1 0 0 1 1 8

1 Alpine Union 12 9 3 79 47 +32 27
2 Ethane 12 7 5 58 57 +1 21
3 Wabijust 12 5 7 48 61 −13 15
4 Mezropolis 12 5 7 55 77 −22 15
5 Anthor 12 4 8 54 52 +2 12
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Sun May 27, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Xelsis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2016
Corporate Bordello

Postby Xelsis » Sun May 27, 2018 6:42 pm

Entez Sporting Network-WBC Special
Third time isn't the charm-Xelsis falls once again to Cassadaigua despite adjustments

In their final pair of games before the midseason, rising Xelsian hopes of a potential Group championship were soundly dashed, as every effort to find some way to defeat the Cassadaiguan juggernaut continued to come up short, as the Lightning were easily dispatched 5-1 on the road. Now 8-1 outside of matchups against the team, and 0-3 in them, Xelsis has fallen two games back in the Group, and with the record of futility they have demonstrated, chances at anything better than a second spot seem like beggar's odds.

After Daylen Baker's first two unsuccessful outings, Katerina Deachrist was intended to be a change of pace that might find success, in many ways the opposite of the fastball-focused veteran, but was hammered all the same, giving up the deciding two runs by the third inning, and only lasting through five. The Xelsian offense was even more toothless, not managing a single run until the top of the ninth, a frame that's ending stirred yet more controversy over Browning's coaching decisions.

Restoring Li and Garner to their spots worked halfway. Garner was 3-3 in his at-bats, while Li went hitless, still an improvement over the combined 1-20 pairing of Albert Deachrist and Smith. The controversy, rather, came in the replacement of Nolan Maneros, the team's hottest hitter, though fresh off an 0-5 three-strikeout showing against Cassadaigua, with Abdul Al-Umar. Al-Umar went 0-4, with the biggest out coming at the biggest moment.

After Deachrist was pulled, it was Salvidar Vasquez who entered the game, and showed himself the first pitcher on the Xelsian squad to find some success against the universally switch-hitting lineup of the Matriarchy, working out of Deachrist's jam, and throwing the next two innings without allowing a baserunner. He was sent back to the bench before the start of the bottom of the eight inning, however, in favor of Bubba Stevens, the squad's closer, and Cassadaigua found their bats against him, making only two hits, but scoring two runs off of a single, a double, and a sacrifice fly.

In the hole 5-0, the Xelsian bats, with Garner thus far the only one to even manage a hit, finally came alive. Lasitos, hitting under .100 in the Classic, had backup catcher Matthew Silvercreek pinch-hit for him, and he immediately delivered, smashing a ball past right fielder Cortnie Nicholson for a triple. Stevens, too, was replaced at the plate by Sam Carhoones, who managed to poke a single into shallow right field, scoring Silvercreek. Carhoones was replaced on the basepaths by Duke Yander, who stole second and then third, but with the latter steal coming on the third strike to Tankeros for the first out of the inning. Browning made another controversial move in calling for a squeeze despite the large deficit, but crossed signs meant Yander never broke for home, but O'Connor's bunt let him make it to first safely, from which he stole second base. The powerful Mario Teros, though slumping in the Classic, managed to draw a walk to load the bases, bringing up Al-Umar, who promptly hit a soft one-hopper to short, a double play ending any chance of a comeback.

The team that returned to play a match at Pettering seemed drained after the loss, with the crowd, previously repeatedly breaking its own above-capacity records, clocking in at only 61,291. The one player who seemed driven to hit, though, was Maneros, left behind on the road trip, and he put together his best game of an already impressive Classic. He collected the only two hits of the first four innings on the Xelsis side with a triple, and double, and then with the team down 1-0 in the fourth, after an O'Connor bunt single and a walk by Teros, smashed the first home run of the entire Classic by a Xelsian player, bringing three runs in. The next inning saw an unearned run on back-to-back errors after Baker managed a bloop single, but after a 1-2-3 seventh, Maneros homered a second time in the eight, sealing a 5-1 win, and leading to more online agitation at Browning's decision to bench him for the previous match. Baker, at the least, seemed to have recovered from his Cassadaiguan woes, seeming much more his old self in a complete game with one run allowed.

The win, most fans agree, however, feels a hollow won with the third straight loss against Cassadaigua still fresh in memories, a team that leads by two games despite an inferior run differential to Xelsis, Swatzkova's comments proving their truth. Xelsis has two days off before its next pair of games, but it is the third after the midpoint that has fans the most enthused, or anxious, as Cassadaigua comes to Xelsis for a fourth matchup. The starting pitcher is uncertain, either Deachrist or Baker depending on whether the lineup switch holds or not, or another, and neither is the starting lineup, with Browning not returning requests for comment. One thing is clear, however: If the Xelsian team is to ever prove itself, that path leads through the hosts of the World Baseball Classic.
Last edited by Xelsis on Sun May 27, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation does represent my political views.
Pro: Evangelical Protestantism, womens' rights, chastity, limited government, free markets, right to bear arms, traditional marriage, free speech, competition, honesty, transparency, voucher systems, private unions, police accountability and demilitarization, sentencing reform, decentralization, states' rights, free discussion of ideas, the British "u", trial by combat, exclusionary rule, Red, Arminianism.
Anti: Statism, communism, socialism, racism, abortion, censorship, adultery, premarital sex, same-sex intercourse, public unions, SJWs, classroom censorship, unaccountable judges, whitewashing history, divorce, NSA, No-Fly List, Undeclared Wars, Calvinism, party-line voting, infinite genders, Trump, Biden

Unashamed Virgin

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports