NATION

PASSWORD

1948: Burning Powder Keg [OOC | COBALT NETWORK SPONSORED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Sun May 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
New Antonalia wrote:So if I decide to play a Republic of Brazil I'm confined to M3 Stuarts and M3 Lees if I want to play Brazil, or anything I buy from the Brits/French.

Brazil is actually currently taken atm, sorry friend.

Well that bloody sucks.
So that leave Portugal (and her colonies), The Netherlands (and her Colonies), and Columbia. I guess I'll go with The Netherlands and her Colonies.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Mon May 21, 2018 2:22 am

New Antonalia wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:
Brazil is actually currently taken atm, sorry friend.

Well that bloody sucks.
So that leave Portugal (and her colonies), The Netherlands (and her Colonies), and Columbia. I guess I'll go with The Netherlands and her Colonies.

Alrighty friendo.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai » Mon May 21, 2018 6:21 pm

How is everyone on the OOC?
Just call me Tuwa

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai wrote:How is everyone on the OOC?

Just fine, dandy and peachy Taiareeno.
Trying to figure out how I could pull off a military coup against Nwabi's KIFA-TIOP government by a bunch of radical KIFA-TIOP members.
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai » Mon May 21, 2018 8:19 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:
Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai wrote:How is everyone on the OOC?

Just fine, dandy and peachy Taiareeno.
Trying to figure out how I could pull off a military coup against Nwabi's KIFA-TIOP government by a bunch of radical KIFA-TIOP members.

Odang my dude
Just call me Tuwa

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue May 22, 2018 4:39 pm

tag

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018

Postby Granluras » Tue May 22, 2018 4:44 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:tag

Well based off of your forum/roleplaying history you look like a fine addition. Any country in mind? pleasebebulgariayouwontregretitbecausebulgariaisamazingithasfieldsandfieldsandsomemore
fieldsitalsohasabigslavicpopulationandapanslavicgovernmentsoicanannexsopleasebebulgaria
thanks
Last edited by Granluras on Tue May 22, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue May 22, 2018 4:59 pm

[DO NOT REMOVE : 911939921945]

Nationstates Name - Nea Byzantia
Nation Name - Rahmanid Sultanate
Roleplay example link - Pending

Capital - Baghdad
Type of Government - Absolute Monarchy/Theocracy
Head of State(s) - Sultan Mustapha-Ali Al-Rahman
Image of Leader - Image
Party in Power - Arab Islamist Party
Executive Title - Sultan
Flag - Image
National Anthem - [optional]
Population - 4 million
Territories - Iraq, Saudi Arabia
Client/Puppet States - N/A

Public Goals - Preservation of current territories, containment of Communism in general, and Soviet Union, in particular. Modernization of economy and industrialization of military.
Private Goals - Liberating (read conquering) Palestine and Syria from Anglo and French domination.

Total military size - 60,000
Service Rifles -
Most Advanced tank/aircraft -
Breakdown of ground forces -
Breakdown of naval forces -
Breakdown of aerial forces -
Major foreign military suppliers - [IF APPLICABLE]
Extra military information - Some tech won't be existent even though it's 1948. Tech will be limited to designed not too heavily influenced by the war. Check with the OP or Co-Op to if unsure.

Currency - Dinar
Major import/export partners - Iran/Persia

Major Domestic Issues - Wealth Inequality, Tyrannical Government
Major Foreign Issues - Detente with the British and French coming to an end, Rapprochement with old enemy, the Ottomans

History - At the beginning of the 20th century, Iraq and Arabia were both part of the decaying Ottoman Sultanate. The local Ottoman governor of Iraq was an Arab named Ali-Mustapha Al-Rahman. The Sultan had selected him as governor because of his family's good standing in the Arab World, and also because of his clear devotion to Islam. Ironically, it was these very things which would lead him to form the Arab Islamist Party in 1902. The Party felt that the Ottoman Sultans had Abused their positions as Caliphs of Islam, and that they had grown soft and corrupt, thanks to Westernization of the Empire. This message seemed to resonate with many young Arabs, spreading the Party's influence throughout the Levant, Iraq and Arabia. The Ottoman Empire's poor performance in World War I, seemed to only prove the point of the Arab Islamist Party, and also served to fan the flames of instability in the Middle East.

Eager to destabilize the Ottoman Empire, British and French agents contacted Al-Rahman, offering him funds and weapons. Al-Rahman did not turn down the opportunity, and commenced an armed uprising against Ottoman rule in Iraq, the Levant and Arabia. Al-Rahman crowned himself Sultan Mustapha Al-Rahman in 1916, and established his court in Baghdad. The Ottomans were in such a state of chaos, that they could barely resist the insurrection, and since more troubling things were occurring at home, the Sultan opted to pull his forces back into the Turkish homeland. However, just when victory seemed assured for Al-Rahman, his British and French benefactors intervened, gobbling up Syria and Palestine, before Al-Rahman could claim his rightful jurisdiction over them. With the war ended, Al-Rahman was recognized as ruler over his conquests, by the Allied Powers, in return for his aid in battling the Ottomans.

Mustapha Al-Rahman appointed governors throughout his teritories in Iraq and Arabia, and allowed relative independence to Arab tribal sheikhs and warlords in Arabia, as long as they pledged fealty to him, acknowledging him as Sultan and Caliph. Mustapha used his nation's rich oil reserves to build infrastructure and a modern army, not to mention an extravagant palace for himself in Baghdad, a palace worthy of a Sultan. He also spent his reign forging diplomatic ties with Persia/Iran, and he maintained friendly relations with his British and French benefactors, who viewed him as a stabilizing force in the region, and one allied to them (for he sold them cheap oil). He also formed a a secret police to crack down on dissidents, communists and pro-Ottoman factions. By 1935, the nation was running relatively smoothly, and the Sultan was largely content to continue the balancing act he always had. During the 2nd Great War, Mustapha kept his nation neutral, in the interest of preserving stability. With the War over, the nation continued to head along its current track, with Mustapha gripping the reins of power, tightly as ever. However, Mustapha could taste a slight change in the air. He could tell that his people's indulgence of his detente with the British and French was starting to grow thin, and so in 1947, he began raising the price of oil on his former allies. He also invited Ottoman diplomats into the nation for the first time since World War I.
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Tue May 22, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue May 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:

Capital - Baghdad
Image of Leader - (Image)
Executive Title - Sultan
Flag - (Image)
Population - 4 million

Public Goals - Preservation of current territories, containment of Communism in general, and Soviet Union, in particular. Modernization of economy and industrialization of military.
Private Goals - Liberating (read conquering) Palestine and Syria from Anglo and French domination.

Service Rifles -
Extra military information - Some tech won't be existent even though it's 1948. Tech will be limited to designed not too heavily influenced by the war. Check with the OP or Co-Op to if unsure.

Currency - Dinar

Major Foreign Issues - Detente with the British and French coming to an end, Rapprochement with old enemy, the Ottomans

History - At the beginning of the 20th century, Iraq and Arabia were both part of the decaying Ottoman Sultanate. The local Ottoman governor of Iraq was an Arab named Ali-Mustapha Al-Rahman. The Sultan had selected him as governor because of his family's good standing in the Arab World, and also because of his clear devotion to Islam. Ironically, it was these very things which would lead him to form the Arab Islamist Party in 1902. The Party felt that the Ottoman Sultans had Abused their positions as Caliphs of Islam, and that they had grown soft and corrupt, thanks to Westernization of the Empire. This message seemed to resonate with many young Arabs, spreading the Party's influence throughout the Levant, Iraq and Arabia. The Ottoman Empire's poor performance in World War I, seemed to only prove the point of the Arab Islamist Party, and also served to fan the flames of instability in the Middle East.

Eager to destabilize the Ottoman Empire, British and French agents contacted Al-Rahman, offering him funds and weapons. Al-Rahman did not turn down the opportunity, and commenced an armed uprising against Ottoman rule in Iraq, the Levant and Arabia. Al-Rahman crowned himself Sultan Mustapha Al-Rahman in 1916, and established his court in Baghdad. The Ottomans were in such a state of chaos, that they could barely resist the insurrection, and since more troubling things were occurring at home, the Sultan opted to pull his forces back into the Turkish homeland. However, just when victory seemed assured for Al-Rahman, his British and French benefactors intervened, gobbling up Syria and Palestine, before Al-Rahman could claim his rightful jurisdiction over them. With the war ended, Al-Rahman was recognized as ruler over his conquests, by the Allied Powers, in return for his aid in battling the Ottomans.

Mustapha Al-Rahman appointed governors throughout his teritories in Iraq and Arabia, and allowed relative independence to Arab tribal sheikhs and warlords in Arabia, as long as they pledged fealty to him, acknowledging him as Sultan and Caliph. Mustapha used his nation's rich oil reserves to build infrastructure and a modern army, not to mention an extravagant palace for himself in Baghdad, a palace worthy of a Sultan. He also spent his reign forging diplomatic ties with Persia/Iran, and he maintained friendly relations with his British and French benefactors, who viewed him as a stabilizing force in the region, and one allied to them (for he sold them cheap oil). He also formed a a secret police to crack down on dissidents, communists and pro-Ottoman factions. By 1935, the nation was running relatively smoothly, and the Sultan was largely content to continue the balancing act he always had. During the 2nd Great War, Mustapha kept his nation neutral, in the interest of preserving stability. With the War over, the nation continued to head along its current track, with Mustapha gripping the reins of power, tightly as ever. However, Mustapha could taste a slight change in the air. He could tell that his people's indulgence of his detente with the British and French was starting to grow thin, and so in 1947, he began raising the price of oil on his former allies. He also invited Ottoman diplomats into the nation for the first time since World War I.

This “Rahmanid Sultanate” never existed IRL, also since the pod was also 1938 I don’t think there could be that much of a time period to explain how Iraq and Saudi Arabia unified. I’m not a CO-Op, for now, but I could say that this would be rejected.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue May 22, 2018 7:24 pm

Granluras wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:

Capital - Baghdad
Image of Leader - (Image)
Executive Title - Sultan
Flag - (Image)
Population - 4 million

Service Rifles -

Currency - Dinar

This “Rahmanid Sultanate” never existed IRL, also since the pod was also 1938 I don’t think there could be that much of a time period to explain how Iraq and Saudi Arabia unified. I’m not a CO-Op, for now, but I could say that this would be rejected.

Probably for the best. This was just a random idea anyways, I'll come up with a better app for a better nation, tomorrow.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Tue May 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Can I reserve Greece, should be able to drum up an app tomorrow, or the next day. I'm thinking of doing a slightly alternative version of the Metaxas regime in Greece, wherein he seizes power in 1923 after the disastrous Greco-Turkish War (1919-1922). This just gives Metaxas more time to consolidate power, eliminate Communist factions and forge stronger relations with Fascist Italy, perhaps even preventing the 1940 invasion? Would that seem plausible? OPs please advise.

Also, who controls Cyprus?
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Tue May 22, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Romanussia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanussia » Wed May 23, 2018 3:30 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:Can I reserve Greece, should be able to drum up an app tomorrow, or the next day. I'm thinking of doing a slightly alternative version of the Metaxas regime in Greece, wherein he seizes power in 1923 after the disastrous Greco-Turkish War (1919-1922). This just gives Metaxas more time to consolidate power, eliminate Communist factions and forge stronger relations with Fascist Italy, perhaps even preventing the 1940 invasion? Would that seem plausible? OPs please advise.

Not the OP, though, I do think Cyprus would remain a Crown Colony of the UK like it was at this time. That's all. Just wanted to make sure you knew.
The Kingdom of Romanussia
A nation based in the present inhabited by a more latinized Romanian culture ruled by a constitutional monarchy shrouded in a vivid and detailed history and armed with a disciplined and modernized military.
Capital: Traiana | Currency: Koson | Demonym: Romanus/Romanian

RNN: General elections proclaim Dacian Ciolos as new premier of Romanussia's legislature | Romanussia national under-21 soccer team wins its first UEFA Championship over Spain in the final | Romanus navy recieves first shipment of new equipment since its overhaul was approved by the General Staff | The Acordul calls for its next cooperative research operation

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed May 23, 2018 4:42 am

Romanussia wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Can I reserve Greece, should be able to drum up an app tomorrow, or the next day. I'm thinking of doing a slightly alternative version of the Metaxas regime in Greece, wherein he seizes power in 1923 after the disastrous Greco-Turkish War (1919-1922). This just gives Metaxas more time to consolidate power, eliminate Communist factions and forge stronger relations with Fascist Italy, perhaps even preventing the 1940 invasion? Would that seem plausible? OPs please advise.

Not the OP, though, I do think Cyprus would remain a Crown Colony of the UK like it was at this time. That's all. Just wanted to make sure you knew.

If memory serves me correctly, didn't Cyprus remain a Crown Colony until 1960, in IRL? Perhaps things turned out differentely in this timeline? I'm just asking because, I'm thinking that the Enosis (union with Greece) movement could've began earlier on Cyprus (say in the 1930s), and so I'm just wondering if anyone else got their hands on Cyprus. If not, I don't see why Greece couldn't have negotiated for Britain to sell off Cyprus to them, especially when Britain still controls Palestine, and thus still has access to the Eastern Mediterranean.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Wed May 23, 2018 7:49 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Romanussia wrote:Not the OP, though, I do think Cyprus would remain a Crown Colony of the UK like it was at this time. That's all. Just wanted to make sure you knew.

If memory serves me correctly, didn't Cyprus remain a Crown Colony until 1960, in IRL? Perhaps things turned out differentely in this timeline? I'm just asking because, I'm thinking that the Enosis (union with Greece) movement could've began earlier on Cyprus (say in the 1930s), and so I'm just wondering if anyone else got their hands on Cyprus. If not, I don't see why Greece couldn't have negotiated for Britain to sell off Cyprus to them, especially when Britain still controls Palestine, and thus still has access to the Eastern Mediterranean.

I think it could be possible that the Cypriots might have revolted against British rule. Before WW2 started the Cypriots were being brutally suppressed by their British rulers, suppression which only ended when WW2 started to encourage Cypriots to join the British military. With WW2 never having started I believe this suppression would've continued, British-Cypriot tensions would've continued to rise, and possibly unification with Greece or independence would have been achieved or on the horizon by or even before 1948. Although I'd wait for the OP to come online and go over what we've said before we jump to conclusions.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed May 23, 2018 8:43 am

Nation Name - Hellenic Republic
Roleplay example link - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=410369

Capital - Athens
Type of Government - Military Government
Head of State(s) - Ioannis Metaxas
Image of Leader - Image
Party in Power - N/A
Executive Title - Prime Minister, General
Flag - Image
Population - 7,300,000
Territories - Greece, Cyprus

Public Goals - Maintenance of peace in the Balkans, staving off Ottoman influence, Combating Soviet-style Communism
Private Goals - Recovery of Constantinople, Realization of the Megali Idea

(FOR MILITARY STATS, SEE LINK BELOW)
Total military size -
Service Rifles -
Major foreign military suppliers -
Extra military information - https://ww2-weapons.com/greek-army/

Currency - Drachma
Major import/export partners - Italy, France, UK, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Romania, Spain

Major Domestic Issues - Growing resentment among the population of authoritarian regime, possible succession crisis as leader ages
Major Foreign Issues - Encroaching Ottoman Turks, Encroaching Italy, Encroaching British

History - In 1923, following the disastrous Greco-Turkish War (1919-1922), Greece's government was teetering on the brink of collapse. With the King's dismissal of the nationalist Prime Minister Eleftherios Venizelos (ruled: 1911 - 1923), the public outrage went violent, and mobs of protestors took to the streets. It was at this time, that the popular General and War Hero, Ioannis Metaxas, rode into the capital, with the backing of both the Army and the Greek Orthodox Church, who feared the rise of secularism and socialism, which was threatening to take over the government. Metaxas' forces quickly secured (read seized) the House of Parliament, and also the Royal Palace. Within a week (and obviously not under duress), both King and Parliament named Metaxas as Prime Minister of Greece. The first act of the new Prime Minister was to disband the Parliament until further notice, "for reasons of security". As for the King, Metaxas had him and the Royal Family shut up in the Palace, "for their own safety". Nobody was tremendously surprised at this, as Communist insurgents were stirring up trouble throughout the country. Metaxas used this as an excuse, to officially declare a State of Emergency, and put aside the Constitution, in order to battle the Communist insurgents. In 1924, in order to give himself more free rein to battle the Communists, Metaxas convinced the King to name him Prime Minister for Life. Shortly after this, the King and the Royal Family were packed off "on Holiday" to go see their relatives in London. Metaxas told them not to return until things had calmed down. They never did. Metaxas used brutal methods to eliminate the Communists, finishing them off by 1929.

When Stalin and the Soviet authorities began to ramp up their persecution of the Russian Orthodox Church, in the 1920s, Metaxas, offered asylum in Greece, to all priests, monks, nuns and believers in general. Thousands flocked, and Metaxas settled them near Mt Athos in Makedonia. He made a similar offer to survivors of the Armenian Genocide (1913 - 1918), and many Armenians fled to Greece as well. He enlisted many of the young men from the Russian and Armenian immigrant communities into his army, and they were hungry to avenge themselves on the Communists, for the Communists in Russia had slain many of their loved ones, and desecrated many of their churches and monasteries. By these acts, Metaxas increased his fame and admiration around the world in general, and in the Orthodox Christian lands of the Balkans, in particular.

With the onset of the Depression, Metaxas took active measures to ensure the stability of his nation. He instituted a minimum wage, and also encouraged domestic manufacturing by imposing tariffs on foreign goods - for the time being at least. He also relaxed taxes, so as not to financially overburden the majority of people in this time of economic duress. Metaxas sought to break up monopolies, and he targeted organized crime. These economic measures did somewhat alleviate the situation, and so the people came to like him, and view him as more than just a tyrant.

In 1936, riots and serious unrest began to develop on the British controlled isle of Cyprus. The majority of people there, being Greeks, wished to unify with their motherland, and resented foreign occupation from the British Crown. Rather than fan the flames, Metaxas entered the crisis as a mediator, encouraging the Greek Cypriots to be calm. He then entered into extensive negotiations with the British, his cause being helped by the King of Greece in exile, who had actually come to admire Metaxas, and lobbied on his behalf. Unfortunately, talks stalled, and massive unrest resumed in Cyprus. By the time the British were seriously willing to return to the negotiating table in 1938, larger crises had emerged on the international scene.

in 1933, in Greek Thrace, Metaxas repatriated the Turks there, to Turkey, and gave the land, either to Greeks, Russians and/or Armenians. In order to avoid a diplomatic crisis, he ordered his troops to use as little violence as possible to force the Turks out, and cleared these initiatives with the Turkish Embassy in Athens, calling it his "Repatriation Initiative" (Similar to the Population Exchanges IRL, which occurred after the Greco-Turkish War, in 1922-1923).

As tensions began to ramp up in Europe, especially in Spain and Czechoslovakia, Metaxas also began to make dealings with other neighbors of his. He signed a non-aggression pact with Mussolini's Italy in 1936, and he later became fast-friends with Tito, partly because he admired the man's pragmatism and care for his nation, and also because Tito had taken a strong stand against Stalin. Metaxas decided to avoid any diplomatic crises by sitting out of the War in Spain. In 1938, after the Czechoslovakia Crisis, Metaxas signed a Mutual Defense Pact with Yugoslavia, and agreed privately with Tito that "the most important thing is to contain Italian and German influence." All the while, he remained firm but fair with Mussolini. He also concluded similar pacts with Romania and Bulgaria, who like Yugoslavia and Greece, feared encroaching German, Italian and Soviet influence (don't take this as set-in-stone, I'm only explaining the possible motivations, I cannot speak for these countries). During all this, he was careful not to neglect relations with the Allies, and maintained trade and diplomatic relations with both the British and French, agreeing on a security initiative in the Eastern Mediterranean in order to contain an increasingly bellicose Ottoman Turkey. Between 1941-1946, Metaxas poured massive amounts of money into modernizing the Greek military; buying fighter-planes, bombers, and naval cruisers from Britain and France (as well as Italy, although he did this discreetly to avoid upsetting the British and French).

By 1947, the riots and unrest in British occupied Cyprus escalated, as the Enosis movement militarized. Several assassinations of prominent British officials, as well as a full-on assault on the British military base in Lefkosia by armed Enosis militants in November of 1947, allowed Metaxas to reopen serious negotiations with Britain about the fate of Cyprus. Both governments agreed to start holding talks in January of 1948.

At home, Metaxas maintained his grip on power, thanks to the brute force of the Army, and the influence of the Greek Orthodox Church, using the excuse of rooting out "Communist traitors", to do away with any dissidents. As the 1940s came, Metaxas began to feel himself getting older, and so he began to delegate more and more responsibilities to his Commander of the Army, Alexandros Papagos, a capable officer, and loyal friend. In 1947, a mass protest was staged in August, demanding elections for the first time since Metaxas' reign began. The Army crushed the protest, and arrested the protestors. Things have remained quiet, but beneath the veneer of public order, dissent appeared to be growing like a weed, and where dissent grows, Revolution follows soon after.
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Thu May 24, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Wed May 23, 2018 9:33 am

Yay, I'm friends the snail-eating debt-ridden non-Slavs Greeks!
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed May 23, 2018 9:38 am

Granluras wrote:Yay, I'm friends the snail-eating debt-ridden non-Slavs Greeks!

Thank God, you agree. Yugoslavia is the linchpin of my diplomatic-military alliance. Do you think Bulgaria and Romania would also be on board?

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed May 23, 2018 9:40 am

And you know who definitely hates both our guts, right?...Stalin

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Wed May 23, 2018 11:05 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:

Thank God, you agree. Yugoslavia is the linchpin of my diplomatic-military alliance. Do you think Bulgaria and Romania would also be on board?

Also, there's already a military alliance between Bulgaria, Romania, Greece and glorious Yugoslavia.

Nea Byzantia wrote:

Who isn't in power anymore, haha hit that hard Beet lolxd :P
Last edited by Granluras on Wed May 23, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed May 23, 2018 4:14 pm

Granluras wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:

Also, there's already a military alliance between Bulgaria, Romania, Greece and glorious Yugoslavia.

Nea Byzantia wrote:

Who isn't in power anymore, haha hit that hard Beet lolxd :P

Really? I had no idea. What happened to Stalin?

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed May 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Granluras wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:

I think it could be possible that the Cypriots might have revolted against British rule. Before WW2 started the Cypriots were being brutally suppressed by their British rulers, suppression which only ended when WW2 started to encourage Cypriots to join the British military. With WW2 never having started I believe this suppression would've continued, British-Cypriot tensions would've continued to rise, and possibly unification with Greece or independence would have been achieved or on the horizon by or even before 1948. Although I'd wait for the OP to come online and go over what we've said before we jump to conclusions.

Would Italy still occupy Albania in this timeline? Cause I could easily see Metaxas grabbing at least a portion of it, the southern part, known as Northern Epiros. Does that seem like too much of a stretch to anybody?

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Granluras wrote:

Would Italy still occupy Albania in this timeline? Cause I could easily see Metaxas grabbing at least a portion of it, the southern part, known as Northern Epiros. Does that seem like too much of a stretch to anybody?

Albania is Italian clay
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed May 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Granluras wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:

Albania is Italian clay

When did Italy invade Albania in this timeline? 1940? Cause chances are Metaxas would've invaded it a few years earlier, probably in the late 1930s, while everybody was focused on the Spanish and Czechoslovakian crises. Maybe I'm going too far with this?

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Wed May 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Granluras wrote:
Albania is Italian clay

When did Italy invade Albania in this timeline? 1940? Cause chances are Metaxas would've invaded it a few years earlier, probably in the late 1930s, while everybody was focused on the Spanish and Czechoslovakian crises. Maybe I'm going too far with this?

Greece would never have been able to invade Albania. It would’ve had to face Italy immediately afterwards, that would’ve sparked s conflict, it would’ve boiled over into German intervention, not many other nations would appreciate that, and boom WW2
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed May 23, 2018 4:57 pm

Granluras wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:

Greece would never have been able to invade Albania. It would’ve had to face Italy immediately afterwards, that would’ve sparked s conflict, it would’ve boiled over into German intervention, not many other nations would appreciate that, and boom WW2

Good point.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse