NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed May 09, 2018 12:07 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:I underestimated just how many characters there were in this RP made by all of us. :P

Yeah, I made 2 (technically 3 but I am counting two of them as the *Insert Popular 90s Video Game Character Duo Here* as one.), but I was surprised to see that people made around twelve or something.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Yes, please!

As mercenary commander sitting dumb in Velikiya because the bloody Cult wanted me there, I am certainly interested in getting out and seeing strategically more important thing.

You shall witness the power of Achisian necromancy :P

Heil Nekromantie!
Tracian Empire wrote:And come on.. who else thinks that the Mage-Emperor was a nice guy?

From all you've so far said about him, he seems kinda derpy. Just derping around with all his power untill he accidentally overderped.
Axis Asteroid wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Wyzkia is Polan.
As a german, I cannot resist. Even if I had a pact of non-aggression with them and attempted an alliance, I must eat the Polan somewhere down the line.

smh. No gratitude for the Winged Hussars at the Battle of Vienna. :p

Poland stronk.

Wyzkia stronk.

Rafal for world conqueror. xD

Much gratitude. We gib back limited independence 1918.

Now crush them all.

Wait a second, if Rafal becomes Lelouch...who becomes Schneizel? I certainly refuse to fill the role of bloody Clovis.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Tamrida wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:I underestimated just how many characters there were in this RP made by all of us. :P

Yeah, I made 2 (technically 3 but I am counting two of them as the *Insert Popular 90s Video Game Character Duo Here* as one.), but I was surprised to see that people made around twelve or something.

Ehehehe, people...more like one guy.

Well fuck, nearly a third of the bloody cast.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed May 09, 2018 12:25 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:And come on.. who else thinks that the Mage-Emperor was a nice guy?

Senile Augustine: "Why I tell you right now the Emperor is a very nice man. You should meet him someday."

Tracian Empire wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:
Mage-Emperor = Light (meglomaniac who got BTFO'd hard in the end.)

[no one yet] = Lelouch?

Well.. having your very being cut into little pieces by the Knights of the Light isn't a fun way to die.

The Mage-Emperor for God Emperor of Mankind?

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 09, 2018 12:28 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Charlia wrote:In fairness, if the main-character was Lelouch, I might let it slide.

Code Geass R3 hype. :p

Charlia wrote:I... can actually get behind this.

Since a cinnamon roll taking over the world would be hilarious.

#MLGA #makelonrielgreatagain

Rafal for emperor!
So much hype.

Sure, why not? Alina could get behind that. And any attempts at a revolution shall be squashed(or impaled, by trees) before Rafal even hears about them. (Mostly because he is an innocent cinnamon roll and should not be exposed to such things.)
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:You shall witness the power of Achisian necromancy :P

Heil Nekromantie!

From all you've so far said about him, he seems kinda derpy. Just derping around with all his power untill he accidentally overderped.
Axis Asteroid wrote:
smh. No gratitude for the Winged Hussars at the Battle of Vienna. :p

Poland stronk.

Wyzkia stronk.

Rafal for world conqueror. xD

Now crush them all.

Wait a second, if Rafal becomes Lelouch...who becomes Schneizel? I certainly refuse to fill the role of bloody Clovis.
I wonder who my characters would be...

Alina could be C.C. or mayyyyyyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeee Shirley?
Tamrida wrote:Yeah, I made 2 (technically 3 but I am counting two of them as the *Insert Popular 90s Video Game Character Duo Here* as one.), but I was surprised to see that people made around twelve or something.

Ehehehe, people...more like one guy.

Yeah, normally that's my job.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well.. having your very being cut into little pieces by the Knights of the Light isn't a fun way to die.

Better not because there'd be a high risk of Dietrich ending up as a High Lord of Terra Lonriel and you don't want that.

Also, this is required viewing for everyone today. Not exactly historically correct but alas, still a good scene.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed May 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

Better not because there'd be a high risk of Dietrich ending up as a High Lord of Terra Lonriel and you don't want that.

Also, this is required viewing for everyone today. Not exactly historically correct but alas, still a good scene.

Don't worry considering who the rest of the high lords are Dietrich will probably just go crazy... er... crazier. :P

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Charlia wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Heil Nekromantie!

Now crush them all.

I wonder who my characters would be...

Alina could be C.C. or mayyyyyyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeee Shirley?
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Ehehehe, people...more like one guy.

Yeah, normally that's my job.

If Alina were Shirley, she'd have to die though. Eric would probably have to kill her for knowing too much about Rafal's secret lyfe.

Yeah, that happens with me in long running RPs which allow Antagonist.

I usually end up playing the entire antagonist side next to the OP...but nobody ever plays with me so most of the characters end up being eye candy in the character roster.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Better not because there'd be a high risk of Dietrich ending up as a High Lord of Terra Lonriel and you don't want that.

Don't worry considering who the rest of the high lords are Dietrich will probably just go crazy... er... crazier. :P

Wish they'd finally give us a new episode.

A REAL EPISODE AND NOT THAT DAMNED PODCAST FORMAT!!!!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 09, 2018 12:35 pm

Charlia wrote:I wonder who my characters would be...

Alina could be C.C. or mayyyyyyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeeee Shirley?Yeah, normally that's my job.

If Alina were Shirley, she'd have to die though. Eric would probably have to kill her for knowing too much about Rafal's secret lyfe.

I usually end up playing the entire antagonist side next to the OP...but nobody ever plays with me so most of the characters end up being eye candy in the character roster.
And if Rafal were Lelouch... *shrugs* Canon divergence.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed May 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Charlia wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:If Alina were Shirley, she'd have to die though. Eric would probably have to kill her for knowing too much about Rafal's secret lyfe.

And if Rafal were Lelouch... *shrugs* Canon divergence.

Where is Rafal's little sister?!?

Clearly the scheming Wyzkian nobility has cast a spell upon his mind to make him forget that he ever had a sister!

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed May 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Oh man, all other names and plot lines are making me remember the show. I was a good one.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Wed May 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Character Application

Name: Amarhael Valosaari
Formerly Selthäron Eiderann Nevathärnen, though his memories of his former life aren't exactly in pristine condition.
May go by various different names/pseudonyms or nicknames, or either self-professed or acquired by others. "The Corpse Witch of Kal Dorélonya/Adh Kazdrun" to the Yazgirians and Karaki respectively (in reference to an old ruined Thyrian fortress on the Yazgiri/Karaki border he turned into a lair filled with undead and dark spirits). Various derogatory or unsavoury (and partially fearful) nicknames by the Karaki. Certain tales refer to him as the "Avatar of the King of the Abyss/Dweller Beyond the Boundary". The Istentelen (Unholy) in some long-forgotten language. Wraithcaller. Probably other names as well.
Gender: Male, despite appearances. Of course, when you're a shapeshifting dark sorcerer sharing your body with an otherworldly horror, it may not matter that much.
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual. Any necrophiles here, though? Also, I assume there are probably ways undead can be sexually active, but the particulars of that might need clarification.
Race: Formerly human (with some Loroi and Khel-Morrai ancestry). Now undead. Host to an eldritch abomination (and his soul is sort of merged with it). Being a shapeshifter, this can vary. He's essentially a combination of a lot of things, on account of his nature, and his ability to devour other beings, physically and spiritually. Accordingly, he is an undead eldritch abomination, that is also partially human, elf, dragon, and whatever else he has consumed over the past millennia.
Appearance: 5'7", 122lbs with a rather feminine build for a male. Pale, lacking the glint in his eyes that living possess. Has to feed fairly often (probably every few weeks, or monthly), otherwise his being a walking corpse becomes more obvious (though he can use other means to delay this, including utilising the necromantic energy he already has within him). Not too fond of looking like a decaying, infested cadaver, so he avoids that when he can (a decaying brain and nervous system also means more trouble thinking and acting, so more practical concerns are also an aspect of it). Sometimes hides/bandages parts of himself when they start decaying/he hasn't fed recently. He may lack a heartbeat but he can come quite close to resembling living.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImagehttps://i.imgur.com/a0RfD9E.jpg

ImageImage[/img]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A masked, seemingly skeletal figure clad in ornate robes, bedecked in armour, gauntlets and a mask made from an unknown metal, purple sorcery emanating from him. ImageImageImage
(Note: The eldritch abomination taking over/transforming is weakened by the enchantments/stuff, by being in this world, and by being a separated fragment of a greater existence). As for when the eldritch abomination takes over/transforms... let's just say his body is still in there somewhere.

The entity within him, although unable to properly manifest anything like its true form (at least for the time being), being fragmented, weakened and in a dimension far from home, as it were (and also weakened by divine enchantments lingering from when he was bound in the barrow) may still be able to take on a more direct form in this world at times. When manifesting, the presence of this entity is all too clear. flickering, distorted light, physics-defying gravity and sounds that should not exit. To an extent, it breaks the laws of physics, though it does not completely overcome them. Its presence is something inimical to the physical world, with the Dweller being an entity simply not meant to exist here in any form or aspect. Sometimes voices in countless languages are heard (perhaps the voices of those consumed by it) offering, demanding, raging, begging.

It seems like a rather eclectic, rapidly changing morass of eyes, body parts, appendages, claws, tendrils, scales, tentacles, bones and other things in a shadowy, miasmic oozing sludge, tainting, spreading and infecting anything it comes into contact with (living or dead, beast or inanimate object alike), scintillating with strange, grainy energy of a colour unknown previously in the visible spectrum, with brief flashes of black, green and purple sorcery, the necromantic energy of its host lingering in its form. It will try to add any of these things it touches to its form, although anything that escapes will in turn spread its taint, becoming in time, a corrupted, separate "puppet" of its consciousness (though through holy magic the consciousness may be split, it cannot be removed entirely, so easily from such a victim). The entity appears much larger from a non-physical perspective/view.

From time to time smaller creatures drop off or emerge from the morass; splinters of the entity, varying in appearance, but most often akin to a hybrid between maggot, centipede, a deep sea fish, and fungus, a long, chitinous, many-legged abomination covered in a dark, slimy fluid. They change and grow upon devouring other living things (as well as inanimate objects, rocks, etc and the emotional and magical energy of living things) adding these "food sources" to their bodies. Some of them may also reside within Amarhael's normal body, inadvertently speeding up the flow of the necromantic magic through his body (and making it more efficient), though also affecting him to an extent, physically and metaphysically. Being both physical and spiritual entities, he feels their presence and actions both physically and spiritually, and these parasitic spawn also push him to feed on the magical energy, flesh and lifeforce of others to a greater extent than would otherwise be necessary while also influencing his own psyche and emotions. Of course, this inadvertently helps twist, torture and fracture an already fractured, damaged mind and soul.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Position/Status/Affiliation: Mage/Necromancer. Dabbler in various things over time. Leader of an old but relatively obscure and secretive cult, host of a fragment of the Dweller Beyond the Boundary. Loyalty to anyone at the moment is questionable to say the least, though if Estaral is still alive and ever returned, then as her servant, bound by ancient and powerful necromantic rites, his loyalty would be obvious. Unless another necromancer rewrote the command spells controlling him (though their complexity would make it troublesome, and it unlikely he would just roll over and let it happen). Of course, if another necromancer did get control over him, then it would be worth all the hard work. Aware of the Sin cultists, though he is unaffiliated with them, despite his morally ambiguous leanings.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Amarhael is a highly knowledgeable and seasoned mage, with many centuries worth of experience. He had been an up-and-coming mage in life, a fairly quick learner, with a fairly high mana pool, and in undeath his power as a Lhyrösai mage found its own niche. As an undead being, he naturally has no need for normal sustenance, and does not need to sleep or breathe. He also feels no pain, and is unaffected by illness, disease or poison. He also lacks the restraints of the living in regards to endurance, durability, stamina and usage of strength. Amarhael likewise happens to be fairly agile, as long as he keeps his body in good condition.

Necromancy: Among Amarhael's greatest areas of magical talent and knowledge is naturally the necromantic arts. Needless to say, with millennia of practice, he has honed his own ability as a necromancer to a fine art.

Shapeshifting: Utilising a corrupted form of the druidic shapechanging magic of Yyl Lhyrösai, Amarhael has partaken of the blood and souls of countless beings, and acquired the ability to take upon their forms (being undead, he can't do the normal version of that magic). To be more specific, it is a corrupted form of Lhyrösai shapeshifting combined with the malleable existence of the Dweller within his body. Having devoured the body and soul of something, he can shapeshift into something resembling a decaying, monstrously corrupted version of it. The undead form of said magic was sometimes known among the Lhyrösai Revenant-Patriarchs as the "Transformation of the Still Blood". His relationship with the Dweller also means he can transform into an eldritch abomination.

Curse Magic: Amarhael is proficient in unleashing debilitating and destructive curse magic upon foes, including life-draining, poisonous, necrotic and corrosive dark sorcery, as well as cursed magical contagions.

Soul Manipulation and Possession: As well as utilising necromancy or using his eldritch nature to absorb the souls of those he devours, Amarhael also has the power to dominate and command ghosts, wraiths and dark spirits to a certain level of power, within his vicinity. They can be bound to his service, and through experimentation, Amarhael has developed methods of altering them to various ends. Most often weaker apparitions can serve as scouts and spies, while others can be given new bodies with which to serve him as flesh-and-blood underlings, often at the expense of some unfortunate victim. The stronger entities can become important subordinates, or at least allies, if handled appropriately.

Demon Summoning: While prioritising necromancy, Amarhael has also engaged in demon summoning to various ends, such as for guards, canon-fodder, supplements to his more common undead forces, or whatever else one can imagine.

Illusion Magic: Though not the greatest expert, he has some experience and proficiency in illusion magic.

Lhyrösai Song Magic: He is highly skilled in the magic of old Yyl Lhyrösai, a unique blend of Ancient Elven Magic and Thyrian-derived Oath Magic. It can be considered somewhere in between, and is closely bound with the musical and poetic traditions of the ancient Lhyrösai sages. Tied to the old pacts of his people, it includes forms of druidic sorcery and blood magic.

Swordsmanship: Amarhael was taught how to use a blade by the experts of the Nevathärnen family in his youth, and while his memory of his original life may have faded, he has not neglected swordsmanship, utilising it when appropriate in battle. While some mages might disdain melee combat, and necromancers are known for throwing armies of corpse-thralls at enemies while keeping their distance, Amarhael has no qualms with closing ranks to cut down enemies personally. If one were to assume that his epicene form meant he was weak in close combat, then they would be proven fatally wrong.

Archery: The Lhyrösai practiced archery heavily influenced by the Moon Loroi, and Amarhael is no different. He can be said to excel in sending enchanted arrows at distant foes, especially in the terrain of his homeland.

Music: He can sing and play several instruments (though some of them might no longer exist, such as an old Lhyrösai form of bagpipe). As an inheritor of the once famed bardic traditions of the Lhyrösai, he has some talent in this area.

Alchemy: Though it was not his area of expertise originally, he has developed considerable experience in the field of alchemy over the years, including developing alchemical inventions to aid his necromantic research, and blend multiple fields of arcane study together. This includes developing a combination of alchemy, necromancy and curse magic in the form of plague magic and undead plague elixirs.

Languages: Knows a fair number of languages, some of which are either so archaic as to be unintelligible to modern speakers, or simply long-dead. This includes Old Lhyrösai and Throne Thyrian.

Miscellanea: Anything I might have mentioned in the bio/forgotten to mention here. Also, Amarhael might be able to tap into some sort of energy/power from the Dweller, though this would have its own price to be paid (likely at least part of the price involving further taint/corruption and insanity).

Eldritch Lich Nature: As an undead merged with an otherworldly entity, his body and soul are not entirely of this world. Amarhael may inadvertently attract dark spirits and abominations. He may also "lose control/black out" (sort of, and despite undead being always conscious/animate) and the abomination goes and does its thing, corrupting, devouring, growing and propagating its spawn, creating lesser abominations, distorting physics, and tainting places. He doesn't really have a say, and there isn't a recognisable pattern to the entity's actions. Amarhael is sort of used to it, though it's always an unpleasant experience, to say the least. At least the abomination has times where it quietens down and is less active, for reasons known only to itself. It may try to feed, corrupt and devour things in an attempt to reconstitute, heal itself or adapt to this universe, perhaps it's simply something it does as naturally as breathing, or perhaps something else. Naturally as an existence that should not be, the Dweller's power is in a fundamental clash with the laws of this world. As such, there are various side effects. As mentioned earlier, it can propagate "spawn" with their own bodies, led by its will, and they can in turn corrupt and transform other living and non-living things. It also effects Amarhael's magic, imbuing it with the power of an entity from beyond Lonriel.

As for weaknesses... holy, silver and fire based stuff is particularly harmful, as you'd imagine. Body decays, so he has to renew it by consuming others, mind, body and soul. Eldritch abomination doesn't necessarily have his best interests in mind. Said entity is also weakened by the constraints of being in this dimension (at least partially) and the voyage hasn't left it all in one piece. There are also plenty of denizens of this world, including probably gods, that wouldn't be too keen on its presence here. Binding magic would also be handy, against the abomination and against Amarhael. Stuff that damages his soul would be quite effective, and would hurt him as a sharp blade would a normal living person; perhaps more so, considering the rather unfortunate state of his soul. Natural bodies of water weakens and hurts the undead, too. Weaker in sunlight. Can't shapeshift if restrained (the eldritch abomination taking over is probably another matter, though perhaps some high level divine magic can block it from coming forth and doing its thing). It would be a lot easier to trap/imprison Amarhael than to "kill" him. May also become, mentally, more bestial or animalistic if shapeshifting into monsters/creatures.
Equipment: Enchanted clothes - dress, boots, gloves, hooded cloak - basically what you see in the pics (bit tattered, but they still do the job). An enchanted/cursed weapon that can shift between flaming purple-hued sword, warhammer, bow, halberd and staff (while powerful for an enchanted weapon, it is not a relic - also check the appearance section for the weapon's appearances). Ritual dagger. An old, enchanted book on dark magic, named the Karaethon Cycle; an ancient tome covered in magical sigils from a long-forgotten language, bound shut by an intricate, metal clasp, chained and locked by key. When harnessing the book's magical capabilities he appears bedecked in magical chains and shackles that can be manipulated as if they were an extension of his will (as long as he's the one using the book). May also carry container for an alchemical incense that when used, has a sweet, alluring scent that makes him exude apparent (false) vitality and life. Some old money. Bag/rucksack. Some stored ink/parchment/relevant stuff for writing. Some magic scrolls. A shovel. May have an undead griffin (maintained so as to be close to living in appearance) as a mount for when he's travelling in human form. Perhaps a few other things.

Personality: Sometimes rather cold and emotionless. Other times quite enthusiastic, excited, mischievous and bloodthirsty. Occasionally a bit depressed, bitter, sarcastic or possibly fearful and reclusive. Can be fairly self-deprecating. Rather jaded, to say the least. May also be affected, to a certain extent, by the abomination lurking in his spiritual backgarden, so to speak. And all those souls (and mana) he absorbs. From consuming others, both he and the abomination gain mutual benefits, in different ways. The flesh, blood and mana strengthens and repaired his undead form, while the abomination gets "food" of its own, and knowledge of this world from the slain individual's memories and thoughts (and souls) while searching to reunite other shards of its consciousness. Amarhael himself gets glimpses of these thoughts, emotions and memories. With the gradual distortion of his soul with the Dweller, and all the souls that have been consumed, he has become something of a composite existence. Sometimes absent-minded and forgetful, possibly changing topic abruptly, or seemingly thinking he's in a different place or time, or that he's still alive, before failing to remember his name from life and realising again. The fragmentation of his soul and the traumatic experiences he has undergone has led to an unstable psyche and the creation of various identities. One of those is his older sister, Rauha, though he barely remembers bits of his old life, so this "identity" may not be the most accurate. He is the sort that looks after his own. Whilst having no qualms with using or discarding most people, if he forms an attachment to an ally or subordinate, he can perhaps be a bit overly protective or attached. He is not completely without empathy or the ability to bond with others, and given time, someone might be able to earn his affections. Given his nature, it might be a little more than they bargained for. Could be a bit yandere in the right circumstances.

His own family being long-dead, his friends long gone, and the master who brought him back from the dead long disappeared, makes him understandably envious of those with such ties, and at the same time, distant and wary of getting too attached to someone only for them to die, disappear or betray him. He has his own fears and traumas, and is not without his own kindness, buried as it may be behind countless centuries of experiences, and the at times uncomfortably vivid memories of his capture and death at the hands of the Zeriuani.

He also sometimes masquerades as an enigmatic Velikiyan sorceress named Vodenya Stralnevkova Iskorostensky, as well as an Duivenian named Lesceline de Brion, an Anselmian named Herlinde von Erkenvell and an Achisian named Seianthi Arathenas. Other façades include a noble, a traveller, a "young" scholar, a beggar, a nun, a gravekeeper and all manner of other things. Also hears voices, calling him and leading him to places, though he does not know who they are or why they call him. Quite patient, and can loose track of time. Possibly fond of vivid experiences or strong sensations less noticeably dulled by undeath (though this is affected by the degree of decay his body is in at any given time). Though he doesn't need to eat (not in the normal sense, at least) he has a fondness for noticeably sweet or spicy flavours. Amarhael is not above manipulating others, deceiving and doing underhanded things, though he isn't necessarily willfully and arbitrarily malevolent. Of course, his mind being the way it is, things can be a bit unpredictable. Sometimes gets a bit obsessive over his old mistress, or talks about one day finding and serving Estaral again. Sometimes ends up going a bit off his rocker, so to speak. Can get along with people, though he's usually a bit distant with short-lived mortals, for obvious reasons. As such, his empathy has waned over the centuries. Bit different with immortals/undead, since they're less likely to keel over within a few mere decades. Can be quite curious, and fond of discovering new things (especially when you've got thousands of years of experiencing things, learning new stuff is refreshing). Tends to be a bit pessimistic, and more prone to a dark, dry sense of humour.

He sees that it's better to take a slower approach than to put all your eggs in one basket and engage in a brute-force conquest, where one's enemies would rapidly grow, multiply and work together to deal with what they would perceive as a threat to the world. It would likely be seen as a war of annihilation, where everything is on the line. As Amarhael sees it, such an approach would be the quickest way of losing. Even if he could cause considerable death and devastation, the gods and their champions would inevitably win.

What few memories he possessed of his old life were faint and foggy and he remembers little. Might be a bit delusional. If one could see his soul, it would be a rather patchwork, mutilated abomination, infested by ...something. It can be said that his soul is deformed, twisted and distorted, no longer resembling anything approaching human. A bloated, monstrous entity, merged with an untold number of souls devoured by his own, and fused with the fragment of the Dweller. He generally gives off a bit of a weird, ominous vibe. More perceptive individuals may notice other things. An aura. A shadow of the Dweller... ever-shifting and incomprehensible (sometimes closer to his own shadow in size, and sometimes much larger, not necessarily in alignment with whatever source of light is causing the shadow to be cast). Of course, nothing comes without a price. His undeath, and his serving as a vessel for an otherworldly entity are things he must constantly pay for.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Evil or Neutral Evil. Or something. Morally ambiguous and has problems, anyway.
Biography: See here.
Goals: Power, knowledge, learning more magic. Memories of old self. Appeasing the entity/acquiring as many fragments of the Dweller Beyond the Boundary as possible, and freeing himself of the old enchantments. Possibly find Estaral if she still exists (she'd have to have found immortality or made herself undead to still be around, obviously). Destroy the church of the Sixteen. Promote/empower his cult, as well as work with whatever other groups/factions weaken the Sixteen and their followers. Bring back Yyl Lhyrösai/and or establish a new realm out in the open, when the time is right. Some other things.
Theme Song: Amorphis - Into the Abyss or perhaps the Wanderer or Dead Man's Dream, Empty Opening, or Withered or the Four Wise Ones or a bunch of other songs by Amorphis. They're a good band, so I have a hard time choosing.

RP Sample:

Did you read the Rules?: Ehkä.
Miscellaneous: Additional (currently WIP) lore/background/info goes in this document due to size constraints.

#KBE7TY2IEV
Last edited by Nea Videssos on Tue May 11, 2021 9:30 am, edited 113 times in total.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Wed May 09, 2018 5:34 pm

Oh my goodness, how many pictures do you need in one application?

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Wed May 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Tamrida wrote:Oh my goodness, how many pictures do you need in one application?

It's been a habit of mine for a few years now, to hoard as many somewhat-decent pics I can find of a given character for their appearance. Bit obsessive, I know, but I tend to be like that.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Wed May 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Tamrida wrote:Oh my goodness, how many pictures do you need in one application?

ALL of them.

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Wed May 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Don't think I've ever seen such a detailed app lol

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Character Application

Name: Celio, also know by his nickname of "the Envious Prince".
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual, most likely.
Race: Human? He does look like one, and it was clear that he was initially a human, but his current race is.. unknown.
Appearance:
Thanks to CC for the drawing xD
(Image)
Celio has a rather peculiar appearance. He has a messy, jet black hair, and blood-red eyes, greatly contrasting with the unnatural pallor of his skin. He is known to be rather beautiful even with his rather freakish appearance, but he normally keeps his face hidden, either beneath a hood or beneath the bird-like beak mask that was a part of the standard uniform of Achisia's Imperial Mages. He normally wears the classic outfit of a member of the Cult of Sins, their nearly clerical robes in a black-red color scheme that complements the color of his eyes and hair, complete with a hooded cloak. He wears no armor beneath his robes, but he has a shoulder belt beneath his mantle, holding seven bells, cursed artifacts with an unknown origin. He has large, old, metallic handcuffs around his wrists, legcuffs around his ankles, and a metallic collar around his neck. All of them have short remains of the chains that once connected them still attached, causing a distinctive jingling sound while he is moving. All of them also have what look like magical inscriptions engraved on them, but no one knows their purpose. While they don't seem to impair his movement too much, wearing them is known to hurt, as they leave behind bruises and cuts, and yet, he seems to be unable to take them off. He is wearing a black leather glove on his left hand, with a red, seven-pointed star symbol on it, while his right hand is bare. Upon a closer inspection, it can also be noticed that he has some rather distinctive scars, although they would be impossible to see unless someone would get extremely close to him. There is a scar around his neck that looks as if his head was cut off, and some other scars over his chest and body that look as if he was hit by arrows, pierced by spears and other stuff like that sometime in his past. He has the mark of Achisia's flame and serpent over his left shoulder, and the mark of Invidia over his heart.

Position/Status/Affiliation: He is presently a member of the Cult of Sins as the Archbishop of Invidia, the Slave of Envy. It is also assumed that he was affiliated with Achisia in the past, as a necromancer of the Imperial Mages.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Celio is a powerful magician, experienced in using the Dark Arts. He is a skilled necromancer, fully trained in the twisted arts of Achisia, and as such, it could be easily said that he is one of the most powerful necromancers in the known world. Through those powers, he is able to summon and lead the undead armies that are actively used by the Cult of Sins, he can manipulate them, revive corpses, summon spirits, and he can create all sorts of undead monsters. As a former member of Achisia's Imperial Mages, he has also been extensively trained in those arts of black magic that can be used while in combat, including offensive and defensive spells, and he is also able to use some healing magic. He is also quite proficient at fighting with a scythe and with other melee weapons, and he knows how to deal with melee combat and the brutal close quarter fights that often happen during battles. As the Archbishop of Envy, he has also been gifted with the Authority of Invidia, which allows him to wake up the sin of Envy in the hearts of the beings around him.
However, ever since waking up without any memories three years ago, Celio has encountered many problems that have weakened his skills. While he still remembers how to use magic and how to fight, he forgot how he learned them. He also has to deal with a mana deficiency, which limits the kind and number of spells that he can use. He still tries to, pushing his body to the limits, but from the point of view of mana, he is much weaker than the other Archbishops. He also has problems with things like chants, as something seems to be interfering with his ability to use shorter incantations, and this affects his ability to quickly wield spells. Because of that, he is relying more and more on spells prepared beforehand to help him in battle, and of course, on his skills with a scythe.
Equipment:
  • The standard outfit of a member of the Cult of Sins, the black-red robes and the black hooded mantle.
  • A souvenir from the life he has forgotten, the white bird-like beak mask of an Achisian mage that he can summon at will.
  • The metallic handcuffs, legcuffs and collar that he is wearing all the time. They look rather old, they are impossible to break and they are inscribed with magical symbols.
  • A shoulder belt that holds the seven artifacts that he always carries with him, old creations of Ancient Magic, bound with symbols of the Magic of the Oath. As far as he remembers, he has never used them before, but he seems to have received them at some point in the life that he has forgotten, during his existence as a necromancer of Achisia.
  • A magical scythe that he is able to summon. He does not know it, but his weapon is actually Krypta, an ancient Cursed Relic that has gained the nicknames of "the Kinslayer" and "the Soul Reaper" during the Great War.
  • A few knives with cursed and poisoned blades. For use in only the most dangerous of circumstances.
  • A couple already prepared spells and magic circles on card like pieces of paper. Burning them or ripping them in pieces will activate the spell.
  • A few magical potions and herbs to make other potions, of course.
  • A metallic necklace with the form of Achisia's emblem, that he normally keeps in his pockets.
Personality: Describing his personality would be pretty difficult, considering that he has lost most of his memories. As the Archbishop of Invidia, the sin of Envy has covered most of his character. He envies everything and anything, the world and all that's in it. Envy is like a poison, gnawing at his conscience and feelings, eating them away, filling him with hate and anger. Invidia herself, his master, was the only one who could bring him relief, as she owns his soul, but he hates, loves, and envies her as much as he hates, loves, and envies himself. And yet, even in that swirl of negative feelings, a portion of his former personality seems to have survived. A small bit of the boy he once was, a boy who was once kind, who was once trying to help those in need.. is still there, deep inside.. He was a boy who still had hope.. but that hope was crushed a long time ago. And still, he is not completely evil. He stubbornly refuses to hurt women and children, and to forcefully recruit people into the Cult like the other Archbishops so often do. Behind the facade of an evil Archbishop that he has been forced to show, he is truly just a scared young boy, terrified and tormented by nightmares of death and blood and despair, a boy who doesn't even know who he is.. He was lost.. but then he met her. And even if he doesn't trust her yet..her kindness, and her very presence next to him has started to slowly but surely change him..
Moral Alignment: Eh, I don't even know why I added this :P
Biography: His story, or at least, the part of his story that is known, started around three years ago, shortly after the downfall of Achisia. A young boy suddenly woke up floating on a river somewhere. He was wearing the uniform of Achisia's mages, his face hidden by the infamous bird-like beak mask, with the remains of handcuffs around his wrists, the remains of legcuffs around his ankles, and a metallic collar around his neck, all with mysterious magic symbols carved into them. Nearly drowning, the poor boy managed to reach the shore. Coughing, and desperately trying to breathe, he remembered.. nothing. Not even his name. Who he was, what he was doing there..Scared and confused, he stood up, and he started to run, to run away from there, anywhere..and he eventually reached a village. He tried to ask for help.. but the villagers only saw how he looked like. Even a demon wouldn't have been as hated as someone wearing the attire of the Achisian mages, but he had no way of knowing that. Panicking, and pushed forward by their hate, the villagers beat him up, leaving him for dead in a ditch on the outskirts of the village, for the Faith Keepers to find him. There, in pain, on the verge of death.. the boy saw a beautiful woman in front of him.. hearing a voice that whispered words of envy to him. The disciples of Invidia then found him.. their new Archbishop.

Over the next three years, the boy became a rather infamous figure, a former Achisian mage leading his cultists in battle against all that was good, raising armies of undead to serve their sinful cause. And yet, he was also one of the weirdest Archbishops, refusing to hurt women or children, no matter the circumstances, fighting against the Scriptures and the Faith's Judgment. He fought and fought.. until when it one fateful day, he attacked a small city in Calaria, without knowing that the Archbishop of Kindness was on his trail..
Theme Song:I'm bad at this

RP Sample:Nah
Did you read the Rules?: Nah
Miscellaneous:Nah

Even though I knew you were going to use it, I still was shocked when I opened the image xDD

Tracian Empire wrote:
All three apps are accepted, though, I can never help but wonder why you like your characters to be like this :P

I'm not sure what you mean by a special power though. She would have her vampiric powers, do you want something else? And that magical sword of hers, is it just a magical sword, or is it a relic?

And an Anselmian lore thing that we should discuss - is she in charge of the Merchants' Council only? I never mentioned it, but I did tell you that Anselm is divided between the merchants, the nobles, and the mercenaries - the leaders of these three factions form the actual government, the ruling council. Each of these three factions however probably also have their own councils.

Accepted too, but please fix that formatting error in the Black Knight's app :P

As for Elina, we discussed it, with special spells put in place she would able to survive in water, but it will still hurt her like her. And eventually, it will break the spells that are keeping her in her undead form.

These three are accepted too! The magical gun will be interesting to see, as it will certainly be good against non-mages - not so much against mages though, since as of now, guns like these can only fire really simple offensive spells.

Say, you just accepted 9/11 characters of mine.
Why are 11/11 in the accepted list?

"Say, you just accepted 9/11 characters of mine."
- Exil

HOLD ON FOR A SECOND BEFORE YOU LYNCH ME! I DID NOT ACTUALLY PLAN THIS!
Tracian Empire wrote:I haven't read any of them, but I've heard about them.

I think I know why he reminds me of them.
Terry Pratchetts writing is by far not as dead serious as all these other fantasy authors.

And that tryhard evil glare Celio is attempting to put up (Probably trying to look evilly at Juliette) definitely looks like something one of the Pratchett villains would do.

CC' drawing skills have improved a lot though since the last time she uploaded something on her DeviantArt account.

I assure you there's a matching image of Julie, but that one is much more sad and angsty xD

Thanks!! I have noticed that, somehow, I have also improved greatly in the past year or two :P

Charlia wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Say, you just accepted 9/11 characters of mine.
Why are 11/11 in the accepted list?

"Say, you just accepted 9/11 characters of mine."
- Exil

HOLD ON FOR A SECOND BEFORE YOU LYNCH ME! I DID NOT ACTUALLY PLAN THIS!

I think I know why he reminds me of them.
Terry Pratchetts writing is by far not as dead serious as all these other fantasy authors.

And that tryhard evil glare Celio is attempting to put up (Probably trying to look evilly at Juliette) definitely looks like something one of the Pratchett villains would do.

CC' drawing skills have improved a lot though since the last time she uploaded something on her DeviantArt account.
My favorite thing that she's done is either a drawing you guys probably haven't seen, or Arno with sunglasses. That was hilarious.

Yeah, that one's a good one xDDD

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:My favorite thing that she's done is either a drawing you guys probably haven't seen, or Arno with sunglasses. That was hilarious.

I do remember Arno with sunglasses xD

My favorite drawings that she made are probably those of Julie and Celio, and of Elaine and Slaine that you guys haven't seen xD

I would share those, too, but I have no idea how to send images in NS without them being links ;u;
How did you do that, by the way??

Zapatha wrote:Don't think I've ever seen such a detailed app lol

Videssos is known for his detailed apps :P
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Charlia wrote:My favorite thing that she's done is either a drawing you guys probably haven't seen, or Arno with sunglasses. That was hilarious.

Yeah, that one's a good one xDDD
That needs to become a thing ICly, Charlotte can use all the genuine laughter she can get.

Kaiana have any artistic abilities? :P

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 10, 2018 1:15 am

Yo Thrac, did you allow Haedros' demon into Arghyo?

He kinda killing agitated farmers.

EDIT: and stealing.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Thu May 10, 2018 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 10, 2018 2:33 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Yo Thrac, did you allow Haedros' demon into Arghyo?

I might have added him to the list by mistake.

I haven't accepted that character yet, as far as I remember.

And it's his choice if he wants to wreck havoc in Arghyo - he will have to face the mages of the White Rose.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 10, 2018 2:45 am

Tracian Empire wrote:

I might have added him to the list by mistake.

I haven't accepted that character yet, as far as I remember.

And it's his choice if he wants to wreck havoc in Arghyo - he will have to face the mages of the White Rose.

Yeah but...how does he even get into Arghyo?
I mean, he's a demon and apparently quite bad. Even if that seems to be a bad out of necessity, it's still bad.

Next Dietrich just walks straight into Arghyo or what?

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Thu May 10, 2018 2:48 am

On a relevant note, the response of some of those random people who attacked Cyrus in the first post seems a bit unrealistic. If you were a random villager/farmer or whatever, and you saw someone with "a massive 8 foot blade of steel" you probably wouldn't randomly charge them. :p

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 10, 2018 2:49 am

Nea Videssos wrote:

On a relevant note, the response of some of those random people who attacked Cyrus in the first post seems a bit unrealistic. If you were a random villager/farmer or whatever, and you saw someone with "a massive 8 foot blade of steel" you probably wouldn't randomly charge them. :p

Seen that in quite a few fantasy shows though.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 10, 2018 3:42 am

I haven't been able to read his post yet, so I don't know. But while he could have somehow managed to sneak into Arghyo, acting as he did will most certainly attract the attention of Arghyo's demon hunters.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse