NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: Jedi Academy [A Pub RP] (OOC-DEAD)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Lightsaber Colour?

- Blue
11%
- Green
11%
- Yellow
19%
- Violet
15%
- Orange
4%
- Pink
4%
- Red
15%
- OTHER
22%

Total votes : 27

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 7:19 pm

Anowa wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Honest I Guess, don’t worry about my emotional state, i’ve taken a lot of heavy criticisms and flames before in the past and I usually lived, though if it is particularly rude enough (which I wouldn’t mind either, btw) expect me to brood and sulk in the corner for a few days or so (just a warning)

I know that there are most likely a lot more problems with my app then this, but if one of the main factors is his connection to the Force and previous Force training, I already have an idea to replace it with

Expect a extensive stripping of it within the next 10 hours.

Well, that sounds quite intimidating
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 03, 2018 7:39 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Name: Drasten Kellic (formerly Karnus)

Alright, I've been busy but I'm here now, so here's the issues I see with the application.

1- I'd rather the Apprentices create their lightsabers on Ilum or, at the very least, use a crystal that has some manner of Force connection or meaning to the individual. The lightsaber is more than a tool so not just any random rock will do as a core. Why is that broken crystal important to Kellic? Is it just a rock or is it something more? Additionally, having had the opportunity to play around with a toy sword w/ crossguards (I work at a toy store) it probably wouldn't be the first choice without training as there is a real risk of injuring yourself without meaning to. As a final bit about the lightsaber, does it have to be yellow? I ask only because we seem to have an abundance of that colour.

2- Concerning the other weapons, I'd rather the main focus be the lightsaber with blasters to supplement those lacking in swordsmanship. The Jedi are mediators, not mercenaries, and looking like a soldier geared for war isn't exactly the image Skywalker would want to promote for a variety of reasons. I won't say no to the blasters since others have them (though I think too many people have them) but the sniper rifle will likely be more of a hindrance than an asset. The Jedi will oftentimes be mobile, not stationary.

3- Also, given his cybernetics, I'd like him to not be overly weaponized because it comes across as overpowered.

4- The Mandalorians weren't openly aligned with the Republic except for the Protectors, who were later aligned with the Empire, so I assume Kellic's father was connect to this faction?

5- While it's possible a Force-sensitive child may display some telekinetic ability it would likely be limited in scope, especially without proper training which, given his situation, was no option. Additionally, Force-sensitive children were to be reported to the Inquisitors, who were also tasked with finding such individuals, but it makes sense that the family would attempt to hide the boy instead.

6- Concerning the Inquisitors, they were disbanded sometime before the Battle of Yavin, and in all likelihood were KIA. Darth Vader was largely believed to be the sole remaining Force practitioner in 0 BBY.

7- Few individuals can withstand torture and not be terribly affected, much less a child. For comparison, in KOTOR Bastila Shan was tortured and fell to the Dark Side, and she was a powerful, trained Jedi. Sure, an Inquisitor is far less powerful than a Sith Lord, but they likely wouldn't be as prudent a teacher as well.

8- Unless you're staying in the local system a TIE Fighter is getting you nowhere considering it's a short-ranged starfighter.

9- Bounty Hunters' Guild was fragmented during the Bounty Hunter Wars.

10- Completing every mission perfectly within six months without any real-world experience comes across as overpowered. Sure, he was training with the Inquisitor, but that doesn't necessarily equate to skill in the field given the sheer number of variables. New Republic is unlikely to rely on Bounty Hunters (corrupt officials aside) and killing your employers is a quick way to be blacklisted. Who'd hire a bounty hunter if he's known to kill people he doesn't like including those paying him. The Guild would likely remove you as well.

11- I don't like ambiguity in apps so I'll assume the ship you purchased belonged to Pre Vizsla, so remove that. It's unnecessary to make yourself more "badass." If people believe it to have belonged to an infamous individual the ship would sell for way more than a TIE Fighter will net you. As for the TIE Fighter, probably a lot more common now that the Empire's fractured, and what "war" are you referencing? The Galactic Civil War is over at this point in time so no major galactic-wide conflicts are ongoing.

12- I can only assume that the Empire did a good job at removing a good portion of knowledge about the Force as a means to erase the Jedi (and some Force-sensitive locations were destroyed as well() so self-study would be difficult.

13- The New Jedi Order didn't just post some flyers advertising themselves. The Jedi Knights were scouting for those to join their ranks, so you just up and deciding to join wouldn't be met with open arms but with scrutiny as the Order cannot just allow anyone who wanders in to be a Jedi on a whim. Sure, they can't be too selective but without a process they'll be flooded with undesirables.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 7:59 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Name: Drasten Kellic (formerly Karnus)

Alright, I've been busy but I'm here now, so here's the issues I see with the application.

1- I'd rather the Apprentices create their lightsabers on Ilum or, at the very least, use a crystal that has some manner of Force connection or meaning to the individual. The lightsaber is more than a tool so not just any random rock will do as a core. Why is that broken crystal important to Kellic? Is it just a rock or is it something more? Additionally, having had the opportunity to play around with a toy sword w/ crossguards (I work at a toy store) it probably wouldn't be the first choice without training as there is a real risk of injuring yourself without meaning to. As a final bit about the lightsaber, does it have to be yellow? I ask only because we seem to have an abundance of that colour.

2- Concerning the other weapons, I'd rather the main focus be the lightsaber with blasters to supplement those lacking in swordsmanship. The Jedi are mediators, not mercenaries, and looking like a soldier geared for war isn't exactly the image Skywalker would want to promote for a variety of reasons. I won't say no to the blasters since others have them (though I think too many people have them) but the sniper rifle will likely be more of a hindrance than an asset. The Jedi will oftentimes be mobile, not stationary.

3- Also, given his cybernetics, I'd like him to not be overly weaponized because it comes across as overpowered.

4- The Mandalorians weren't openly aligned with the Republic except for the Protectors, who were later aligned with the Empire, so I assume Kellic's father was connect to this faction?

5- While it's possible a Force-sensitive child may display some telekinetic ability it would likely be limited in scope, especially without proper training which, given his situation, was no option. Additionally, Force-sensitive children were to be reported to the Inquisitors, who were also tasked with finding such individuals, but it makes sense that the family would attempt to hide the boy instead.

6- Concerning the Inquisitors, they were disbanded sometime before the Battle of Yavin, and in all likelihood were KIA. Darth Vader was largely believed to be the sole remaining Force practitioner in 0 BBY.

7- Few individuals can withstand torture and not be terribly affected, much less a child. For comparison, in KOTOR Bastila Shan was tortured and fell to the Dark Side, and she was a powerful, trained Jedi. Sure, an Inquisitor is far less powerful than a Sith Lord, but they likely wouldn't be as prudent a teacher as well.

8- Unless you're staying in the local system a TIE Fighter is getting you nowhere considering it's a short-ranged starfighter.

9- Bounty Hunters' Guild was fragmented during the Bounty Hunter Wars.

10- Completing every mission perfectly within six months without any real-world experience comes across as overpowered. Sure, he was training with the Inquisitor, but that doesn't necessarily equate to skill in the field given the sheer number of variables. New Republic is unlikely to rely on Bounty Hunters (corrupt officials aside) and killing your employers is a quick way to be blacklisted. Who'd hire a bounty hunter if he's known to kill people he doesn't like including those paying him. The Guild would likely remove you as well.

11- I don't like ambiguity in apps so I'll assume the ship you purchased belonged to Pre Vizsla, so remove that. It's unnecessary to make yourself more "badass." If people believe it to have belonged to an infamous individual the ship would sell for way more than a TIE Fighter will net you. As for the TIE Fighter, probably a lot more common now that the Empire's fractured, and what "war" are you referencing? The Galactic Civil War is over at this point in time so no major galactic-wide conflicts are ongoing.

12- I can only assume that the Empire did a good job at removing a good portion of knowledge about the Force as a means to erase the Jedi (and some Force-sensitive locations were destroyed as well() so self-study would be difficult.

13- The New Jedi Order didn't just post some flyers advertising themselves. The Jedi Knights were scouting for those to join their ranks, so you just up and deciding to join wouldn't be met with open arms but with scrutiny as the Order cannot just allow anyone who wanders in to be a Jedi on a whim. Sure, they can't be too selective but without a process they'll be flooded with undesirables.

Right, I don't believe that i'll be joining this rp anytime soon then, since i'm going to have to completely redraw my app now

Also, note on the fragmented Bounty Hunter Guild, I know, but it said that they later created a new bounty hunter guild, they didn't specify a date though

And I called Venecis a rogue Inquisitor

The part about Pre Vizsla's ship was not meant to make him look badass, I simply did it because, well, I love Pre Vizsla and i'd like a little reference of him in my bio and character

Look, I love star wars, and I try to get as much info as I can about it, but my knowledge on the Legends universe is a bit rusty
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Thu May 03, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 03, 2018 8:08 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Right, I don't believe that i'll be joining this rp anytime soon then, since i'm going to have to completely redraw my app now

Also, note on the fragmented Bounty Hunter Guild, I know, but it said that they later created a new bounty hunter guild, they didn't specify a date though

And called Venecis a rogue Inquisitor

Look, I love star wars, and I try to get as much info as I can about it, but my knowledge on the Legends universe is a bit rusty

Yeah, I assume the Bounty Hunters' Guild reformed, was just saying it's canon that they fractured. Given that you referred to your uncle as Thirteenth Brother that would make the Inquisitors Disney Canon, and if he went rogue after their dissolution he'd be hunted down because, quite frankly, Sidious/Vader wouldn't allow that. Since you already posted an app a spot will be reserved for you.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 8:17 pm

[quote="Beiarusia";p="33958290"][quote="The Imperial Warglorian Empire";p="33958241"]Right, I don't believe that i'll be joining this rp anytime soon then, since i'm going to have to completely redraw my app now

And called Venecis a rogue Inquisitor
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Thu May 03, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Warg or Antic

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007

Postby Brusia » Thu May 03, 2018 8:22 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Thx, could I have had him been abducted by the ISB instead and put into a secret experimental sort of elite soldier program because of promising traits he exhibited caused by his Force sensitivity (which they did not know about since he didn't actually show any Force Sensitivity)

I'll be following Legends where it says the ISB was dissolved in 12 ABY

Because experimental elite soldier program definitely doesn't sound remotely OP...

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu May 03, 2018 8:23 pm

On the subject of Inquisitors, I have a few questions.
According to the overall backstory of my character, his parents trafficked Force-Sensitive children to the Inquisitors, perhaps even developing technolgies to indoctrinate them. Would it be possible for such flash-training to exist to some degree, first of all. My thinking is that since little Ozzy was force sensitive and the empire was intact at the time, could he undergo some sort of mnemonic training a la Mara Here's "YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER" skit? Granted, it would simply be in a heightened understanding of the force (which means, "huh. I can't probe his mind so I need to focus on something else". Or using telekinesis to gain an edge in a high stakes pillow fight. Such things are almost instinctual. Cue the debate of ethics on how much are we willing to be morally ambiguous to rest or the Jedi Order? Optional subplot is optional.

TL;DR: Slavers do bad things and make bad people, but could be used for good?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Brusia wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Thx, could I have had him been abducted by the ISB instead and put into a secret experimental sort of elite soldier program because of promising traits he exhibited caused by his Force sensitivity (which they did not know about since he didn't actually show any Force Sensitivity)

I'll be following Legends where it says the ISB was dissolved in 12 ABY

Because experimental elite soldier program definitely doesn't sound remotely OP...

Never mind then
Call me Warg or Antic

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Thu May 03, 2018 8:28 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:

I know it feels awesome to stand out, but we aren't exactly looking for OP chars or guided to follow a player's 'main character' here.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Danceria wrote:On the subject of Inquisitors, I have a few questions.
According to the overall backstory of my character, his parents trafficked Force-Sensitive children to the Inquisitors, perhaps even developing technolgies to indoctrinate them. Would it be possible for such flash-training to exist to some degree, first of all. My thinking is that since little Ozzy was force sensitive and the empire was intact at the time, could he undergo some sort of mnemonic training a la Mara Here's "YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER" skit? Granted, it would simply be in a heightened understanding of the force (which means, "huh. I can't probe his mind so I need to focus on something else". Or using telekinesis to gain an edge in a high stakes pillow fight. Such things are almost instinctual. Cue the debate of ethics on how much are we willing to be morally ambiguous to rest or the Jedi Order? Optional subplot is optional.

Truthfully, any Force-sensitive children would likely be trained for Inquisitors or the like, but considering there weren't too many Inquisitors the Empire may not have been overly successful, or found it easier to simply dispose of potential threats and be done with it. As for subplots, keep in mind that I won't accommodate any subplots that require travel or "missions."

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 pm

If we're honest here, the main character of this RP is Luke, the rest are just supporting characters

Doesn't make the RP any less fun or interesting of course.
Last edited by Arengin Union on Thu May 03, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 03, 2018 8:36 pm

Arengin Union wrote:If we're honest here, the main character of this RP is Luke, the rest are just supporting characters

Honestly, Luke won't be around for most of the missions.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Thu May 03, 2018 8:36 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:If we're honest here, the main character of this RP is Luke, the rest are just supporting characters

Honestly, Luke won't be around for most of the missions.

But isn't it still his story? :v
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu May 03, 2018 8:38 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Danceria wrote:On the subject of Inquisitors, I have a few questions.

Truthfully, any Force-sensitive children would likely be trained for Inquisitors or the like, but considering there weren't too many Inquisitors the Empire may not have been overly successful, or found it easier to simply dispose of potential threats and be done with it. As for subplots, keep in mind that I won't accommodate any subplots that require travel or "missions."

Understandable. I was just throwing out my idea for a character's backstory, as to why a Zygerrian slave-guild-aristocrat would be interested in the Jedi.

Even so, I intend to be on Star Wars equivalent of "Top Ten Villains/antiheroes you can sympathize with".
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Thu May 03, 2018 8:39 pm

Relikai wrote:

I know it feels awesome to stand out, but we aren't exactly looking for OP chars or guided to follow a player's 'main character' here.

I know, I'm sorry, but you can't really blame me, everyone generally wants to be the big guy

I admit I went overboard with the app, but often times I try and learn, so just give me a chance here please
Call me Warg or Antic

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Thu May 03, 2018 8:39 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Honestly, Luke won't be around for most of the missions.

If you played the game this RP is birthed from, Luke hardly, if ever, made an appearance.

Academy life here is the mentors bringing the younglings up through a process of training and missions which contains the element of action and adventure as its core tenets.

Relikai wrote:

I know, I'm sorry, but you can't really blame me, everyone generally wants to be the big guy

I admit I went overboard with the app, but often times I try and learn, so just give me a chance here please

Nah, hardly want my char to be the main here.

As Beia said you still have your slot, and if you're willing to change the app I'm sure they'll be welcomed the same.
Last edited by Relikai on Thu May 03, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 03, 2018 8:41 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Honestly, Luke won't be around for most of the missions.

Not really. Honestly, his apprentice will probably get more screentime, but when Luke is around it'll probably be cool.

Danceria wrote:Even so, I intend to be on Star Wars equivalent of "Top Ten Villains/antiheroes you can sympathize with".

Just keep it reasonable, and to be honest we have a decent number of anti-heroes floating around.

Relikai wrote:

I feel it should be more a group effort as opposed to a "main character."
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu May 03, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007

Postby Brusia » Thu May 03, 2018 8:47 pm

Relikai wrote:If you played the game this RP is birthed from, Luke hardly, if ever, made an appearance.

Academy life here is the mentors bringing the younglings up through a process of training and missions which contains the element of action and adventure as its core tenets.

Man, it's been way too long since I played that game. Incidentally, now that I think about it, will Kyle Katarn be around in the RP at all? (I remember him popping up in the game quite abit).

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Thu May 03, 2018 8:49 pm

Brusia wrote:
Relikai wrote:If you played the game this RP is birthed from, Luke hardly, if ever, made an appearance.

Man, it's been way too long since I played that game. Incidentally, now that I think about it, will Kyle Katarn be around in the RP at all? (I remember him popping up in the game quite abit).

No idea tbh, and I'd be more likely to spoil current movie plots than this RP here :v

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu May 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:But isn't it still his story? :v

Not really. Honestly, his apprentice will probably get more screentime, but when Luke is around it'll probably be cool.

Danceria wrote:Even so, I intend to be on Star Wars equivalent of "Top Ten Villains/antiheroes you can sympathize with".

Just keep it reasonable, and to be honest we have a decent number of anti-heroes floating around.

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:I know, I'm sorry, but you can't really blame me, everyone generally wants to be the big guy

I feel it should be more a group effort as opposed to a "main character."

By anti hero, I don't mean the edgy Chaotic Neutral dude, I mean more of a Bryonic Devil's advocate, who's struggling to match his ideals to the reality he lives in.

He sees both benefits of an Empire and a Republic, and views the Jedi as a potentially great tool for justice. But should those that use the Force lead? Or be subject to a government? Should Jedi have families, make dynasties, and be more "knight"? Or are they trained from birth tools of justice?

Basically Count Dookuu, after he left the Jedi order but before he went full bad guy.
Obligatory Quotes below

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 03, 2018 8:56 pm

Brusia wrote:

I need another NPC Knight so that can be Kyle.
EDIT: Roster has been updated.

Danceria wrote:By anti hero, I don't mean the edgy Chaotic Neutral dude, I mean more of a Bryonic Devil's advocate, who's struggling to match his ideals to the reality he lives in.

He sees both benefits of an Empire and a Republic, and views the Jedi as a potentially great tool for justice. But should those that use the Force lead? Or be subject to a government? Should Jedi have families, make dynasties, and be more "knight"? Or are they trained from birth tools of justice?

Basically Count Dookuu, after he left the Jedi order but before he went full bad guy.

As long as it's reasonable.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu May 03, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri May 04, 2018 1:16 am

Name: Drasten Kellic (formerly Karnog)
Species: Human (Coruscanti)

Appearance:

Height: 1.85 Meters/6' 1"
Weight: 73 Kilograms
-White hair
-Emerald Green eyes

Lightsaber: Single-Bladed Green Training Saber
Ship: None
Equipment:
-Modified DL-44 Blaster
-Vibromachete (vibroblade that can double as a machete)
-Basically a Swiss Army Knife
-Chord Launcher
-Holo Journal
-Plain White Shirt
-Modified Grey Imperial Officer Tunic (is now a jacket)
-Imperial Officer Cap
-Dark Blue Pants
-Black Leather Gloves
-Black Scarf
-Variety of Cigarras
-Galactic Mobile Music Station (basically imagine a very advanced walkman but without the whole box and only the plugs)

Personality: Drasten often has a very rebellious, outgoing, lively and friendly personality, always witty and cheeky, and the worst his mood would usually get to would be cynical.
-Adventure
-New Things
-Cute Wildlife
-Music (favourite genre is Jizz) (basically Jazz, it's what they play at the Mos Eisly Cantina)
Dislikes:
-Stuck-up pricks
-Bigots and Close Minded people
Goals: Discover new environments and go out on new adventures
Fears:
-Snakes
-Insane Persons
-Women

Background: Drasten was born on Coruscant, 14 BBY, to a rich noble family, his father was a veteran of the Clone War and now an Imperial Officer, his mother was a successful politician in the Imperial Senate. During his time in the family, Drasten found major interests and passions in history, philosophy, art, and participated in extra-curricular activities including hunting and duelling. Drasten lived a very comfortable life on Coruscant, however, there was only one problem, one was that his parents were hoping that he'd become a stuck-up old prick like they were, and two, life there was so bloody boring!. Of course, he didn't actually have a choice in the matter, which often lead him to become a bit of a rebel (in the teenager sense, not the "Restur Der Repurbric, hurgh a durg" sense), often going to the lower levels of the planet with his friends and joining different underground clubs of what his parents would refer to as "hooligans," including a parkour club. At age 16 (through some connections, oh how deliciously corrupt the Empire was) his father sent him to the Imperial Officer Academy on Coruscant.

Despite being a notably good officer and soldier overall, often getting high scores on tests, assignments and activities, he was equally infamous for insubordination, fighting with fellow officers and not giving a damn about his superiors. In fact, one of the only reasons he remained in the Academy and eventually graduated was because of his father saying so, in truth Drasten tried everything to get kicked out, but his father's connections to the Academy, Imperial Politics and Military was just too kriffing strong. At age 18, 4 ABY, Drasten graduated and was given the rank of Lieutenant (partly because of his parent's connections, but also partly because of the shortage of Officers after the Battle of Endor and the various officers killed throughout the war), and was shipped off onto the Star Destroyer Eviscerator to, as his parents said, "Fight the Glorious Fight against the Rebellion." Drasten was once again known on his ship: known for excelling at Naval Duties and Combat when it came to it, leading men quite efficiently on the field, but at the same time infamous and disliked among his fellow Nobleman Officers, because of his audacity of backtalking to superiors, various pranks, and frankly not giving a damn. At first he had thought that perhaps it wouldn't be that bad, after all, it was had been dream to explore the Galaxy and perhaps joining the Imperial Navy could give him that, of course it didn't end up that way, and the most exotic sight he saw were dead bodies in various unique positions.

All this would eventually lead him to the Battle of Jakku, where the Eviscerator would crash on the planet and himself being injured, eventually being rescued and sent back to Coruscant to heal. At this point, Drasten had enough of the Imperial Navy and planned to try and desert. The opportunity came in 6 ABY, during the Liberation of Coruscant. As chaos ensued as Imperials and Rebels fought over and on the planet, he and a squad of fellow officers and stormtroopers who also wanted to desert (who were based on the planet) abandoned their posts and, using Drasten's knowledge of the security, raided his parent's home, stealing many valuables, Drasten himself stealing a chest full of credits, and filling a backpack with various books and jewelry. Afterwards the deserters quickly commandeered a freighter and forced the pilot at blaster point to get, as Drasten quotes, "Get us the kriff outta here!" the freighter (which turned out to be a smuggling craft, luckily for them) was able to escape relatively unnoticed among the chaos of the battle, surprisingly, since half of them expected to be blasted out of the sky. After launching into hyperspace and arriving on a neutral planet, the deserters said their farewells and went their separate ways.

Using the credits he had, Drasten got some fake ID, changing his last name for Karnog to Kellic (a name he would pretty much keep), used surgery to change his blue eyes and brown hair to that of green eyes and white hair, and decided to move to Chandrila, creating a small cafe there, attempting to settle down. Drasten would manage the small cosy cafe for a few weeks before suddenly finding himself getting bored to death, and that's when he met the man he would consider his true father: Narki Im'tepo. Narki was formerly a history professor before he lost his job and later became a mercenary, before finally becoming a Freelancer Explorer and Archeologist (note that I added explorer to his profession, so yes, he does get plenty of action), a profession that he had quickly become proficient in and had remained as for about 20 years. They first met when Narki decided to go to Drasten's cafe after a particularly tiring job. The two had quickly gotten into a conversation and Narki kept returning to the cafe. After a while, knowing Drasten's interest in the unknown and adventure, Narki offered Drasten a position as his "apprentice"/partner. Drasten agreed, closed down his cafe and brought his belongings with him.

For the next 6 years, Drasten and Narki would explore various sights, from the edges of the Unknown Regions to the Deserts of Tatooine, finding various new environments, ancient sights, and exotic cultures, everything that Drasten wanted. They would also recover various artefacts and antiquities, of course, not all these expeditions were successful ("I'm sure my life is more valuable than a map supposedly leading to a Hutt treasure planet," Suffice to say, Drasten and Narki weren't paid for that job) Along with that Drasten and Narki would soon adopt a father-son type relationship, Narki teaching Drasten everything he knew. Of course, it wouldn't stay that way, and in 13 ABY, Narki would be killed by a trap while exploring an ancient temple on Naboo, his screams of agony would haunt Drasten's dreams for a very long time. Drasten would continue solo for around another year, before finally attempting to settle down again, buying the same cosy cafe.

One day, a group of hooligans decided to enter the cafe, thinking that they could rob it, and threatened Drasten in front of his various patrons. Drasten attempted to talk them out of it, going into an in-depth discussion mainly about "what would your parents think of this?" and, surprisingly, that convinced most of them to leave. As Drasten turned around to continue making the Corellian Style Caf one his patrons ordered, he felt a tingle at the back of his mind and, acting on instinct, pulled out his old trusty DL-44 Blaster he had under the table, shooting a stun blast at the leader of the group, who had pulled out his own blaster and was about to shoot him before falling to the ground. After calling the authorities and getting everything settled, a hooded stranger (he frankly wasn't sure what gender or species they were) went into a discussion with him, asking Drasten whether he was a Force-Sensitive, to which Drasten said no. When Drasten asked what brought this up, the stranger apparently revealed themselves to be a Jedi Knight in the new Jedi Order and told him that when he convinced the hooligans to leave at first, it turned out that he had been subconsciously using the Force to influence them and convince them more easily. And when the Hooligan leader attempted to shoot Drasten, the Force had warned him about it, and Drasten was able to react accordingly. These revelations shocked Drasten and the Anonymous Knight asked whether Drasten would be willing to check out the New Order.

Drasten once again bored at the cafe, basically went "Sure, why not." And there he was, travelling to D'Qar

Skills:
-Knowledgeable in History and other Arts
-Good with a blaster
-Quick and Eager Learner
-Good Duelist
-Has Experience in Parkour
-Can speak and read several languages
Weaknesses:
-Can sometimes get fairly rebellious at times
-Can easily get distracted at times
-Not exactly the strongest of people around
-Bad at Hand-to-Hand Combat

RP Example: It's an old post sir, but it checks out

DO NOT REMOVE: HK-47
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Sat May 05, 2018 4:39 am, edited 9 times in total.
Call me Warg or Antic

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Fri May 04, 2018 1:17 am

Yeah, anti-hero.

*Looking at J'Dar's Imperial remnant and how he hates but respects Skywalker"

Yep, anti-hero.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri May 04, 2018 1:18 am

Well I hope this app goes better then the last
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Fri May 04, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Warg or Antic

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri May 04, 2018 1:22 am

Some improvement, like easier to relate with an apprentice and the RP's theme. Age might be a factor, leaving that for others to look at.

Even as an apprentice, choose a saber type, one of the three basic ones (Single, Staff, Dual Wield) at least.
Last edited by Relikai on Fri May 04, 2018 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse