NATION

PASSWORD

Issue Submissions

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Land of Bobtopia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 18, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Issue Submissions

Postby Land of Bobtopia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:22 pm

I recently submitted an issue for the game and was just wondering how much time it takes for it to get reviewed and get notice to weather its been accepted or not. :)

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:51 pm

Turn-around time varies. If it's added to the game, you'll receive a TG. If an editor is working on it and wants your input, they'll let you know. If it gets rejected, you won't be notified.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:07 pm

USS Monitor wrote:If it gets rejected, you won't be notified.

...which is unfortunate, because everyone who submits an issue would like to know if their issue has actually been rejected or is just sitting in a queue somewhere.
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Auralia wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:If it gets rejected, you won't be notified.

...which is unfortunate, because everyone who submits an issue would like to know if their issue has actually been rejected or is just sitting in a queue somewhere.

There was talk of a fix - an interface for checking that out - but it got sidelined (probably because it was more difficult than it first appeared). I'm sure it's still on admin's to-do list, but probably not all that high up.

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:13 pm

I remember a suggestion about this, not really a technical implementation, but for players who take the time to draft their issue on the forums, then if an editor rejects it they post in that players thread telling them it was rejected, possibly with a short reason why so players know if its worth it to try redrafting or not.
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:12 am

The thing is, there are issues that eventually made it into the game after years in the pool of submissions. Setting a deadline by which authors must be notified might set too strict a limit on how long the editors can leave submitted drafts in the "possibles" part of the pool...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:35 pm

Bears Armed wrote:The thing is, there are issues that eventually made it into the game after years in the pool of submissions.

While that was very true in the past when only one or two mods were working the list, it's vastly improved with our large team of Issue Editors. I believe that most issues are examined by at least one of the IEs within a day or two.

The current problem is that an IE will grab an issue, work on it for a few days or weeks, decide it's unworkable, and dump it back into the scrap pile. Even then, a different IE might take a shot at it. Consequently, a given issue's status might change several times before it's either added or dumped.

The one group that does get notified are spammers and flamers. Those guys get to hear from the mods, and usually end up with warnings or deletions.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015

Postby Socio Polor » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:38 pm

I think there should be an interface or some additional web page that's updated routinely either automatically or manually by the Issue Editors on submissions that's been accepted into the pool, rejected or are already being worked on by an editor,just my little two cent on this suggestion.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:43 pm

Socio Polor wrote:there should be an interface or some additional web page that's updated routinely either automatically

We already have that for the mods and IEs. The problem is porting it over to the players somehow. Only the authors should have access to their own content (it would be rude otherwise), and that was the problem. We couldn't make the individual permissions work.

Showing the whole thing to the public at large wouldn't be fair to the authors, some of whom might have 50 crappy submissions before coming up with a winner. Also, plagiarism would become a problem.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015

Postby Socio Polor » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:55 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Socio Polor wrote:there should be an interface or some additional web page that's updated routinely either automatically

We already have that for the mods and IEs. The problem is porting it over to the players somehow. Only the authors should have access to their own content (it would be rude otherwise), and that was the problem. We couldn't make the individual permissions work.

Showing the whole thing to the public at large wouldn't be fair to the authors, some of whom might have 50 crappy submissions before coming up with a winner. Also, plagiarism would become a problem.

I see where you're coming from, however in terms of plagiarism I fail to understand how it'll cause anymore problems when drafts are shown publicly

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical