NATION

PASSWORD

The Pub: a P2tM RP Group (Grand Reopening!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:23 pm

1960s Bossa Nova quarter.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:10 am

Beiarusia wrote:This is mentioned now in the OP, but I ask that all Pub affiliated RP's link/mention the Pub in their OP/Title to spread awareness of our existence. It's basically advertising, but we need to appear active on the forums less we fade away into obscurity.

Concerning the poll, I really only listen to Alternative and odd Electronic things, but I'm good to listen to much of anything except for Country because, for reasons I can't explain, I just hate most of it. Would much rather listen to Jazz and I'm not particularly fond of that either, for the most part. Probably offending someone with that statement.

Since when we fade away into obscurity?
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:37 am

Beiarusia wrote:This is mentioned now in the OP, but I ask that all Pub affiliated RP's link/mention the Pub in their OP/Title to spread awareness of our existence. It's basically advertising, but we need to appear active on the forums less we fade away into obscurity.

Concerning the poll, I really only listen to Alternative and odd Electronic things, but I'm good to listen to much of anything except for Country because, for reasons I can't explain, I just hate most of it. Would much rather listen to Jazz and I'm not particularly fond of that either, for the most part. Probably offending someone with that statement.

I mean we usually had like weeks of time between official PUB posts on the forum thread. Most of our work was done in the Discord, which is fine and all for development but Discord messages can't be seen on the forum. We just looked kind of like another inactive RP group from the outside in my opinion.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014

Postby Everhall » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:38 am

Vacif wrote:

I mean we usually had like weeks of time between official PUB posts on the forum thread. Most of our work was done in the Discord, which is fine and all for development but Discord messages can't be seen on the forum. We just looked kind of like another inactive RP group from the outside in my opinion.

TBH I did not know we had a discord :p

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:42 am

Everhall wrote:
Vacif wrote:I mean we usually had like weeks of time between official PUB posts on the forum thread. Most of our work was done in the Discord, which is fine and all for development but Discord messages can't be seen on the forum. We just looked kind of like another inactive RP group from the outside in my opinion.

TBH I did not know we had a discord :p

We do, only go in if you have good insurance however. The levels of cancer are high.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:44 am

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Everhall wrote:TBH I did not know we had a discord :p

We do, only go in if you have good insurance however. The levels of cancer are high.

Don't worry, I already sold my soul to the devil, I should be good.

And for some reason I can't even post on the discord even after I accepted the invite
Last edited by Everhall on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:52 am

Everhall wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:

Don't worry, I already sold my soul to the devil, I should be good.

And for some reason I can't even post on the discord even after I accepted the invite

Thats a security thing. You gotta wait a few minuets before the server lets you post.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:05 am

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Everhall wrote:Don't worry, I already sold my soul to the devil, I should be good.

Thats a security thing. You gotta wait a few minuets before the server lets you post.

How long does it take?

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:07 am

Everhall wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:

How long does it take?

I think its ten minuets? I cant remember.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Everhall wrote:How long does it take?

I think its ten minuets? I cant remember.

I believe you need to be assigned a role before being able to post.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:36 pm

Still very much a WIP but i've slowly been working on this. Any feedback welcome.

Welcome to San Francisco

So prodigious, grandeur and sprawling is she, home to Six million and then some, the strongest economical and commercial powerhouse this side of the Pacific. San Francisco goes by many monikers such as ‘Jewel of the Western States’, City of Lights or simply ‘The Silver City’; its imposing argent and glass towers shimmer like a perfectly cut diamond in the striking light of day, and in the night, dancing strobes and pulsating neon puts on a show to rival the stars themselves. A spectacle to behold.

From the outside, the Silver City is close to an urban paradisio as one could imagine. Sun kissed waters and white sandy beaches only a short shuttle ride from the intense and pulsating hustle of downtown; packed with sprawling shopping centers and all manner of recreational amenities. As for nightlife, you’re spoilt for choice with the amount of clubs, bars and restaurants to visit, one for every day for the rest of your life. Down at the commercial district, tech conglomerates both staple and rising are always on a keen prowl for an ever growing workforce, if you have a fresh mind and keen eye you could do well for yourself. It is a wonder how you could ever find fault with such a place. Many are blinded by the lurid lights and the distracting white noise, but if you look, really look, San Francisco is sick.

Behind the fallacious mantle of prosperity and opulence lies a rotten and thoroughly wicked core; a heart riddled with cancerous corruption and crime, every being is a parasite entombed in the carcass of metal, glass and luminescence whether we want to see it that way or not. We are just numbers; figures in the machine. Data to be extrapolated, quantified and archived like mere livestock for means we cannot begin to imagine. We go about our daily lives perhaps satisfied of our achievements, perhaps indignant of what life has become, distracting ourselves with trivialities, willfully poisoning our bodies with intoxicating salves, or indulging in government sponsored debauchery. None of us are free of sin.

San Francisco is not the diamond in the rough we sought. It only serves as another metropolitan cage in which we are lain bare. Stripped of our privacy and very basic human rights, unable to know or do any better and stand up to the wrong doing. We have complied, fallen in line with the masses and with our neighbour, have marched into this ‘brighter future’ we have been promised. Yet there is hope. A movement, no matter how small, is enough to set bigger things in motion, people are standing up to the injustice. An insurmountable task to be sure, for one body perhaps. All we need is a spear. A spear that will be thrust into the body of deceit and malcontent. We will deliver a driving blow, tearing down ivory towers and those who live in them; tearing down every barrier and wall that separates us from them. The corporate puppeteers, the shadow hand of the klepocracy. We will make them hear us, fear us. Only time separates us now. For better or worse, will you join the crusade?

For all of humanity's flaws, our power and will for innovation and industrialization is not one; for even at the beginning of the twenty first century, we had technology that a mere generation before could not have even begun to perceive. The rise of the the microprocessor and digital computer in the mid-century birthed machines that made the human brain look like a typewriter. Moore’s Law, take a processing chip and double its power every two years; that was in 1970. Over one hundred years on and we can begin to imagine the before unperceivable scale on which we are building new frontiers for ourselves.

2025, bio engineers, scientists and top leading neurosurgeons from around the world completed the world’s first one hundred percent biosynthetic prosthesis. An arm that was falsified in a laboratory, yet the body took to it like it was it’s own. Muscle, tissue, bone and nerve formed a bond with the alien limb, proving that we could rebuild our fellow man from almost nothing, and that was just the beginning.
3D Printing and vat grown organs meant that we could replicate on a massive scale, soon enough this wasn’t just exclusive to the medical profession. Tech companies began to offer ‘enhanced’ body parts from limbs to eyes, a fix for all our ailments, ones we didn’t know we even had. There were a number of ethical and logistical issues that led to government sanctioned regulations on consumer body parts, but this new industry made sickening profits on vain celebrities, entrepreneurs and other people with more money than morals. Today the blend between augmented and unaugmented is almost invisible… if you paid good money for it. Otherwise underground body modification workshops can give you aftermarket parts for a cheaper sum but, they’re not always 100% safe.

Our next leap was one into the cosmos. We landed a human on Mars, or to be more precise, Humans. Outpost Massalia was established with all the amenities needed for permanent habitation in 2031. The base at first was only capable of fielding a twelve man science team and two rovers, but soon expanded over time to support over one hundred people through a large complex of interconnected pressurized habi-huts that provided earth like conditions for inhabitants. Massalia was not without trouble however, in 2043 a loose wire in a chemical toilet sparked a methane explosions that destroyed a large portion of the base, three were killed in the initial blast and eight more succumbed to asphyxiation due to the harsh Martian environment.

Mars wasn’t our only stop. We sent and landed drones on the surface of Venus, the hardened vehicles were capable of surviving the sulfur choked atmosphere and immense pressure and enhanced our view of the inhospitable wasteland. We landed rovers and aerial drones on Europa to study the icy surface and seas below for signs of life (none of which have been found so far). Construction of a space elevator was proposed in 2034 but the plans never passed the concept stage due to the immense resource cost and logistical capabilities of such a grand undertaking. Chinese engineers however have rekindled their own project for a space elevator in time for the next space race.

2051. We built and tested the first true, self aware ‘Artificial Intelligence’ on a closed network at the University of Manchester in England, pioneered by British, Chinese and American scientists and computer engineers. ‘Aura’, the AI was deemed the first true artificial consciousness which led to an extremely polarized reaction from the international community. Aura was capable of self-learning and possessed intelligence far surpassing our own, yet was given limited access to self-contained archives of wikipedia and other select websites. Aura in concept was not given a gender, ethnicity or any identity beyond a name, yet over time Aura quickly began to identify as a female and referenced to ‘herself’ as a female. When asked what Aura looked like, she displayed an image of a fair germanic woman with blue eyes and blonde hair, not particularly tall but sporting clothes typical of the 1920’s era of american history. This image could not be located on the archives that Aura was limited too and simply didn’t exist anywhere. Aura had in fact pieced together the image from two hundred thousand others when scientists ran it through a decoding algorithm.

Aura was simply a stepping stone. Aura was decommissioned on the basis that it had become too self aware and any further it would require the rights of a human. Development of other AI began based on leaked source code of Aura’s programming, soon leading the government to ban the development of Artificial Intelligence unless sanctioned by a special governing body, which would oversee development from concept to completion. This governing body UNACDA (United Nations Artificial Consciousness Development Administration) sanctioned the first utilitarian, city management AI in 2074, guess where? San Francisco.

Intelligent City Administrator Runtime for Urban Systems or ‘Icarus’ for short was installed as a means to unify and regulate every utility and infrastructural system a large city possesses. Icarus was responsible from everything from Public Transport and Security, to the timing of water sprinklers in the public parks, and everything in-between. Of course, many didn’t take too kindly to an AI running their city and were quick to take their protests to the streets, not just in San Francisco but in cities across the world, calling for an end to the so called ‘Synthetic Takeover’ that threatened the elimination of many manual labour jobs needed by hard working men and women. Of course, the U.S Government and its corporate benefactors didn’t care too much, riots were put down and dissidents arrested on the streets. It was the largest social unrest since the prohibition era; it was also the start of a much darker course of history that would essentially turn the ‘democratic’ U.S Government into an almost single party, authoritarian state. Some years later and we find ourselves here, where it all began.

San Francisco is one of the leading technological capitals of the world, only rivaled by the powerhouses of Shanghai, Tokyo and Dubai in its grandeur style. It is one of the three major hubs of the Western seaboard and the biggest by far, a gateway for pacific trade and tourism to enter the rest of the country … which is where things get ugly.
Perhaps the same thing in the end. San Francisco is a battleground, gripped in an endless back and forth struggle between those who wish to manipulate her for their own sordid affairs. Many nefarious elements are in play but these are just a taste of the few that you will most likely hear about.

Nakanashi Crime Syndicate
Yakuza; a historically established criminal organisation that wield a great amount of influence and power, not just in San Francisco but globally, well known for their traditional values and strong family bonds. The Nakanashi family was an offshoot of the more notorious Yamaguchi crime family that ruled San Fran decades ago, a great power fracture enticed a inter-clan war that bought the Yakuza to it's very knees, yet they bounced back harder than before. They control a decent portion of San Francisco, both criminally and corporately and even have the mayor himself in their pocket. Led by the unsparing and ruthless oyabyun Hachiro Himura, a man who's reputation inspires fear in even the hardiest sons-of-bitches. Himura and his crime family are prominent for their audacious actions against civilian and law enforcement assets alike. They control San Francisco with a vigilant eye and steel blade, though they will gun you down in the street like a dog if you even look at them the wrong way. Specializing in illegal imports and arms smuggling, they also control a decent section of the drug sector and also clandestine gambling rings are mostly run by Yakuza enterprises.

Russkaya Bratva (Russian Brotherhood)

The Russian Mafia is made up of - you guessed it - Russians, though are not discriminate against Hungarians, Ukrainians, Estonians, Turkmenistani and others from Slavic and central Asian countries that fled to the U.S.A following the Russian Civil War, they quickly managed to dig their claws in deep and haven't let up since. They're led by somebody simply known as 'The Uzbek" - it's up to you to guess why - and command a generous army of thugs, gangbangers and hitmen and rake in money from their various and violent misdeeds, their rackets range from people trafficking, illegal cryptocurrency mining, assassination and kidnapping just to name a few, and are known to infringe on other gangs turf from time to time, just to keep them on their toes.

B-314 (The Barrio 314 Cartel)

America's southern neighbor has fallen on tough times. Rapidly increasing civil instability as well as political uncertainty has accelerated the crime and mortality rates; battles between cartels and the Mexican police which is now indistinguishable from their military have turned the country into something of a warzone. Mexico is now widely considered to be a Narco State, thus only serving to increase the drug flow into the south of the United States and beyond despite the best efforts of the U.S Government. San Francisco is one of the top importers of traditional drugs such as Coke and Heroin, but also designer drugs, the top controller being the Barrio 314 Cartel, simply known by the moniker 'B-314'. Mostly made up of Mexican immigrants as well as other central and southern american nations and are equally as ruthless as their Slavic and Asian counterparts, if not more so. B-314 are led by a pair of twins known famously as 'El Toro' the bull and 'La cuchilla' the blade, a brother and sister pair who's sadism is only matched by their intense passion for the chemical pleasures. Tending to stick to their own territory and focusing on economic growth and investment, they control a large portion of the drug market, from Cocaine to more exotic and extravagent drug cocktails such as Zombi, Andromeda Dust, Plutonian White and Pixel Dreams just to name a few. You name it, it came through B-314.

Entropy Movement (3NTR0PY)

So whilst most criminals like to conduct their illicit actions out on the streets where things can get wild and unpredictable, these guys prefer to operate from the comfort of their own rooms. Entropy, or often stylized in rudimentary leetspeek as 3NTR0PY' are a worldwide collective of computer hackers, rouge cyber-security experts and tech analysts with an agenda. They are an unknown variable and without hierarchy or leadership and together they cause havoc on private and government security systems the world over, on a crusade to restore personal freedoms and rights to the masses. From cryptocurrency heists to hijacking national secrets from military databanks, no mission seems too risky, very few hackers related to the group have ever been arrested and those who have, can't provide the information to make a difference and are often known to plant their own information deadman's switches and software firebombs that eliminate any trace of their actions. Entropy have recently set their digital eyes on San Francisco for reasons yet to be known, but Icarus is suspected to play a role.

Whilst all of the above are criminals, they are not in denial of that fact, maybe, they're even proud of that. The real nasty criminals are those hiding behind their retro reflective glass in their steel towers, wearing fine pressed suits and smoking only the finest Cuban cigars. They milk the system for all it is worth - and those who live in it - making disgusting amounts of cash doing so, some of those are not even in it for the money, but for the pure pleasure of being part of the ruling elite.

Paragon Consortium

Monopolizing almost every conceivable sector on the planet and beyond, there is only one clear top dog when it comes to corporations; Paragon Consortium. One of the biggest, if not the biggest tech conglomerate on the planet, has hands in almost everything from home appliances to orbital construction equipment. Some time in the mid 2060's saw a major trend of mergers between large tech groups, Paragon was a child of such a merger evidently came out superior in the long run and has been dominating ever since. CEO Janek Tiberius Rooker is still young yet but has made major strides with his late fathers council and has focused on making Paragon something for the history books to remember with thousands of subsidiary companies across the globe and investments in space exploration and Artificial Intelligence, it has more cash than most nation-states do, that makes it very powerful, yet very dangerous.

Frontier Telecom

The big name in every form of communication in the modern day, Frontier dwarfs the competition and paves the way for humanity, or that's what its slogan says anyway. The company has undergone a reshuffle in recent months and the board of directors has elected Angel Bowman their new CEO, an Ex politician from Virginia who has great plans for the company. Already owning over eight thousand satellites and with data centers that have their own in-built nuclear fission generators, Frontier is very true to its name and pushes the boundaries of modern computer science every day. Everything from regular telecommunications, through to social network spaces and its very own 'Virtual Social and Recreational Experience' technology is pretty much owned and ran by Frontier.

Gene Dynamics

Even though half the company is owned by Paragon, that does not make it any less of a powerhouse in the medical industry. Paragon installed one of the sons of the founding fathers of bio-synthetics as it's CEO, Felix Richter JR, has led the company in a direction that only he could have envisioned, going so far as to revolutionize the human body, to a questionably ethical degree. Whilst their medical-science division handles the production of drugs and equipment for hospitals and medical centers, their Bio-Synthetics division is where the money is made, producing designer body-modifications for the biosynth market. Despite performing miracles on a day to day basis, there lies a much darker side to the company depending on who you ask. They have been rumored to be pursuing research into perfect human cloning and even scarier still? They are pretty damn close.

So what's wrong with these companies you may ask? Aside from the questionable ethical decisions, blatant disregard for even the most basic of human rights and destruction of natural planetary resources on a scale unseen, the extortionate amount of cash flowing through these companies into offshore accounts and foreign holdings make them very powerful politically, using their money to practically control the U.S Government and manipulate global trends in an effort to fabricate a 'better world' at the expense of everybody but themselves. Many chose to live in blissful ignorance of the crimes that these companies commit on a hourly basis because they have become so reliant on them, with no other choice available to them.
San Francisco Police Department (SFPD)

So you can be obedient, or face the long arm of the law. The SFPD does a lot to subdue civil disobedience and project the interests of the few rather than the many; yet is lacking - or unwilling - to tackle the serious issues of organized crime and community reassurance. Maybe because it isn't funded by the government and rather by private investors who have turned it into effective a private policing force rather than a public one. Most of the time, you can spot regular troopers patrolling the city but for the real heavy hitting, their SWAT division, known as Sentry Divisions, are utilized, donning military grade body armor and automatic weapons.

Gladius Security and Intelligence Solutions (GSIS)

Just one of the many actual private security forces available on the market right now. Not exactly subtle about the type of solutions they offer either, Gladius pack more punch than your average beat cop by a long shot. Most of their contractors are ex-servicemen that have been cast aside by their country and in turn, have joined PSC's such as this to find their steroid and lean meat addictions. Led by the tank of a man called Avery Rocheford, Ex-CIA SAD Operative and very large knife aficionado, he started out pulling hits for the mob over in New York before moving across the country under a new cover identity and founded Gladius. Since, he has found alot of keen investors and now runs security for half the corps in San Fran. Armed to the teeth with the cutting edge in weapons and equipment, you'd be damn sure to give these guys a wide berth unless you actually want to be shot.

U.S Government

The government still has a wide and deep reaching totalitarian tendril when it comes to national security. The FBI suffered a major breakdown in the mid 2050's after multiple allegations of corruption and treason and since a large rework, it has become more of a secret police force, arresting dissidents up and down the country in the name of Democracy. With tens of thousands of arrests made each year just for minor infractions alone, not to mention the many who have been incarcerated in maximum security jails in the middle of nowhere, it is no secret that the FBI isn't very lenient on criminals of the overt type. The FBI's 'Special Security Division' has recently been dispatched to San Francisco due to the spate of civil uprisings and general disorder in the city.
Technology has made the planet an equally more pleasant, yet at the same time terrifying, place to live. It has rapidly altered the way we experience and perceive the world around us, as well as how we interact with it and others, for better or worse. Many changes have occured over the last few decades, too many to list individually, however we can generalize.

Transportation
Cars still remain the solid and most practical choice to personal and industrial transportation for both short and long journeys. All modern production cars are now free of harmful emissions, instead relying on a hybrid of hydrogen fuel cells and hyper-retentive graphite batteries as a source of power. Other features include automatic AI driver assistance, Smart Windshields that can project a Heads Up Display to the driver and also puncture resistant carbon nanotube tires just to name a few. Flying personal transportation is still very much at the forefront of technology with very few being able to purchase and run such a vehicle, however manufactures are fast overcoming the logistical and safety issues halting progress and hope to have mainstream production in the next thirty years.

Public transportation has largely remained the same, technology improving both passenger comfort (theoretically) and effectiveness, AI piloted buses ensure that every vehicle arrives on time within a margin of 2.31904 seconds. For longer haul transportation, trains have largely been replaced with shuttle systems, utilizing a mixture of Maglev and Air Pressure Wave Riding technologies, a hyper shuttle can make a non-stop trip from San Francisco to New York City in little under 5 hours.

The miniaturization of the jet thruster as well as reliable AI assisted flight tech means less space is wasted on propulsion and planes now have more space for passengers and other amenities. This has also increased the effectiveness of VTOL aircraft, reducing the overall need for runway availability and fuel costs just to name some bonuses.

Entertainment and Recreation
Virtual Reality started out slow and was extremely rough in practice, the idea of bolting monitors to your face seems hilariously rudimentary by modern standards. The VR market skyrocketed with the advent of the Neuro-Harness, a light headset with advanced brainwave sensors that projects experiences directly into your head so you don't even need to get up to be put into your favorite film or game experience. Virtual Social Spaces or VSS' became the new norm, allowing you to hook up with friends and strangers in an infinite variety of exotic locales and with a completely customization avatar to boot, allowing you to entertain any persona you could possibly want. The Neuro Harness and other VR devices however, have been noted to cause unwanted side effects if used too often or improperly. Rehabilitation Clinics have specialized centers for Reality Readjustment and Acclimatization, the name alone suggests just a fraction of the problems caused by misuse, including muscular wastage, uncontrollable nervous or muscular spasms and in some extreme cases, organ failure. This has led to many VR developers putting mandatory timeouts on their hardware to prevent abuse, forcing you back into that depressing state called existence.

If VR isn't your fancy, many entertainment centers offer the latest in sporting activities such as Zero-G Hyperball and Drone Racing Leagues. Or you can drown your sorrows in any one of the bars with exotic and mysterious cocktails made from a plethora of artificially grown fruits and blended chemical intoxicants. After, you can go to the Red Light District and find yourself a partner perfectly tailored to your inner most desires
real or not.

Home and Lifestyle

Smart everything. Your house can now be run by your very own personnel, incorporeal assistant if you so well choose - or not choose in many cases - and weill make your life a breeze, from doing the dishes to feeding the fishes, adjusting room lighting and temperature to everything inbetween. The more advanced, the more expensive of course but it's great if you don't mind handing your house over to a glorified spybot.

Cellphones have largely been replaced by Holo-Glass devices, a business card sized piece of tempered, transparent plastic, embedded with microscopic processing units and holographic emitters that project images onto thin air as if by magic, these images are able to be manipulated and can even beam directly into the operators retina for unparalleled privacy. Some prosthetic even come with interchangeable Holo-Glass models built in under their synthetic skin for seamless technological integration.

The Internet is still a commonly utilized entity, though it has become known as the Neo-Net or Cloudspace. The Neo-Net is heavily monitored and regulated however, security programs constantly scan the Net for 'harmful' or dissident media all the while marketing algorithms plaster your feed with that new smart toaster you thought about the other day. If you con't want to be bombarded with advertisements or locked up for expressing your displeasure of the government, the Dark-Net is the place to go. Advanced encryption protocols and constantly shifting programming paradigms mean that it is nigh on impossible to monitor and restrict content. Also, any backwater tech-shop will be willing to hook up your Holo-Glass or Neuro Harness up for a small fee.

Weaponry and Warfare
Conventional firearms are still king. You can't beat hyper-sonic metal fragments when it comes to dealing damage. Ballistic firearms from across all families are still in widespread use as the technology behind Laser or Chemical Energy weapons is still rather impractical. Many firearms however, have transitioned from traditional gunpowder propellant to electronically triggered, caseless ammo which has greatly reduced weight and material costs of modern weaponry. Recoil dampening tech as well as smart-linked scopes and improved sat-communications networks have greatly improved the accuracy of your average soldier, this technology has also spilled over into Law Enforcement agencies, especially in high risk, crime ridden areas. Below are a list of common firearms that you are likely to come across.

• PN5-A1 - Standard issue police pistol. Firing a respectable 10mm projectile from a 17 round twin stacked box. Modern body armor will just about stop this weapon from causing damage, but to an unarmored target, this can easily put any stimmed up criminal down to the ground.
  • Triton Arms A.44 MK2 - Nicknamed, 'The Mauler' by many, is a high powered pistol that has seen extensive use by police forces throughout the country. Modeled after the revolvers of old such as the classic .44 Magnum, the side loading cylinder holds eight rounds of pure, wrist shattering rage, enough to punch a hole through Nanocrete at close ranges.
  • OSA AP-11 The A2 Model by Omicron Security and Armaments marketed this as a 'Medium Caliber Automatic Handgun' for law enforcement or private security contractors wanting to put two dozen rounds down range in a compact pistol form. It borders on SMG but firearms classification boards didn't really care. 24 rounds of .45 armor piercing rounds faster than you can say 'Fuck the Cops'
  • Triton Arms SMG-E5A3 - Often nicknamed the Barracuda, Triton developed this model with law enforcement in mind. Using a compact form with an integral suppressor, the gun loads from a unique cylindrical case located in the middle of the weapon that holds 50 rounds of 10mm. If it's good enough for law enforcement, it's good enough for criminals.
  • Lynx Weapons VF-511 PDW - Mislabeled as a Personal Defense Weapon rather than Personal Offense Weapon was a big marketing error on Lynx's behalf. The VF-511 or the 'Anvil-9A1' as designated by the U.S Army, is a compact yet ferocious weapon featuring a top loading .45 magazine. The S version comes with an integral suppressor to eliminate targets without making a whisper.
  • Triton Arms Argus 105 - Weighing just about as much as a newborn baby, this shotgun is ten times more lethal and it'll cost you less in the long run. 12 Gauge has remained more ore less the normal standard shotgun round as has the payload, this semi-auto shotgun can chamber non-lethal all the way up to hyper-lethal with a modular attachment system to adapt to any situation. 8 Shells. 20 casualties.
  • Riali Sidero Super 12 - Gunmakers at Italian firm Riali didn't really think a pump action shotgun would have any market in this day and age, but there's nothing quite like racking a 12 gauge as you blow the hinges clean off a door, or the arm off a crim. The Super-12 can hold 9 rounds plus one in the chamber of anything you want. Rubberized grips come as standard.
  • IAR-S2A1 - The U.S military cast aside this rifle in favor of something more ‘American’, not to say this European rifle is anything to scoff at. Thirty rounds of 6.5mm caseless and with enough rails to make a train blush, comes with a variety of optional accessories including a bayonet mount.
  • Triton Arms Cyrus C-14 - Civilian ownership of automatic assault rifles is still technically illegal, that didn’t stop Triton from selling the C-14 as a next level solution for home defense, or for guerilla warfare in the rocky mountain states. The gun’s major feature is it’s ability for pretty much any part to be replaced with minimal tools and training.
  • PRM Special Operations Carbine - U.S Navy seals adopted the SOC in 2074. An elegant solution for dirty work of clearing urban slums in downtown Baku, or for storming boats and planes. Bullpup, and firing from a 40 round, 6.5mm magazine as standard, it’s a wonder how this got into civilian hands in the first place.
  • PRM L-38 ‘Pit Viper’ - Adopted by British Forces operating in the desert sun of Syria, the L-38 soon found favor with american gun nuts for shooting deer and/or state officials. .338 by standard, the Pit Viper has various models chambered to everything up to fifty caliber. It can penetrate four inches of plastasteel plate at 1000m reliably. 7 rounds as standard.
  • OSA R40-P Zephr - Want to shoot a guy, through another guy, through a concrete wall, through an elephant? This is the gun. Costing you something short of a small fortune, this rifle fires something short of a 20mm round and what’s more? It’s a railgun. The only downside is that it only holds four shots before having to take out another loan to reload it.
  • OSA MK-112 Vega - Who said 200 rounds was overkill? OSA certainly didn’t. Firing from a drum magazine, the Vega can lay down some serious hate on anything in the immediate vicinity in a display of muzzle smoke and sparks. Law enforcement think of it as a ‘necessary precaution’ to equip these to SWAT teams operating in high-risk areas.
  • GL-E22B - Six rounds of fun in an easy to carry format. Riot units use it to launch tear gas and smoke, whilst criminals use it to launch fragmenting barrages and incendiary firebombs. With a built in ballistics calculator and with precision guided microfin shells, it’s hard to miss anything.
  • Vympel Tactical Fighting Knife - Russians. Known for strong liquor, communism and serious military hardware. The Vympel fighting knife is a fan favorite among knife and blade aficionados. Eight inches of folded steel and sharp implanted nanodiamond fibers, it can cut through most soft armor without a flinch, we won’t say what it does to arteries.
  • EG-6 Fragmentation - Scroll the cap to select fuze delay. Pull the pin, release handle and throw further than a couple of feet to avoid self-inflicted injury. Upon exploding, the grenade releases razor sharp fragments in the immediate vicinity, wounds are usually fatal.
    EG-2 High Yield - Same as the above but throw it a bit further. The High yield grenade replaces much of the fragmentation filling with more explosive charge, at the expense of being loud as hell. Ear Protection required.
    EG-9A1 Hotcan - The modern man’s Molotov. Filled with an inflammatory liquid, the fuze can be set to time or impact and will release a blanket of fire that is difficult to put out and can burn through titanium weave.
    EG-8 Multistun - In the rare event that the cops actually don’t want to shoot you dead first, the multi-stun is utilized to incapacitate or for a distraction. Bright flashes and loud noises will probably leave your head ringing for days after.
    V-201 Thermex Blast Charge - Need to gain entry to a room but a pesky nanosteel door is in the way? The Thermex charge is your friend, and not just limited to doors. Simply affix to the surface you want blasted out of your way, pull the arming pin and stand back as it blasts several pounds of molten hot explosive to carve you a human sized portal to wherever it is you wanted to go.
Placeholder
So here we stand at the precipice of history. Or is just another mundane day of existence in purgatory. That is very well up to what you decide. Do you want to make a difference in the world? Whatever your justifications or reasoning, it does not matter. Sick of of the injustices? Or is it a tale of a more personal revenge against the system? Or even, for the thrill of breaking the mold? It does not matter. Creed, wealth, ethnicity or background, it does not matter. What does matter is that you are making a stand.
Code: Select all
[blocktext][size=65][color=#808080]//X:/modules/binarydata/compiled/ratking> open kaleidoscope.dtb
... opening ... done!
>render display 1
... done!
[/size][/color][/blocktext]
[hr][/hr]
[floatright][/floatright]
[b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Age/DOB:[/b]
[b]Biological Gender:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Known Body Modifications:[/b]
[b]Psychological Traits:[/b]
[b]Likes & Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Brief Biography:[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[blocktext][size=65][color=#808080]>saveall //X:/candidates/accepted
... saving ... done!
>lockall
... done!
[/size][/color][/blocktext]

Last edited by Ubaria on Mon May 07, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yo, that's mad.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:25 pm

Nice.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:55 pm

Ubaria wrote:Still very much a WIP but i've slowly been working on this. Any feedback welcome.

You're making me very sad that Chief Executive died.

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Turmenista wrote:
Ubaria wrote:Still very much a WIP but i've slowly been working on this. Any feedback welcome.

What is a 'Chief Executive' ?
Yo, that's mad.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:47 pm

Ubaria wrote:
Turmenista wrote:

A cyberpunk RP that I hosted and is unfortunately kill now. Mechs, cyborgs, lasers and shit galore. The basic premise was that in the future, there were all these megacorporations (player-controlled) that spawned from the ashes of a long-dead mega-mega corp that set the bar for everyone else. The player-controlled megacorps now run the future economically and basically pulled a scramble for Africa on the solar system. All the while, they're trying to gain the political favor of the UN, whilst there's this massive syndicalist uprising going on in the background that's essentially a revival of the original syndie rebellion that killed the precursor megacorp. Shit was pretty cash but it didn't make it past page 2 of the IC. It was going to get pretty freaky with hacker-induced robot riots, backstabbing, etc, and a big ass conspiracy was going to play out through the entirety of the rp.

I'm thinking of connecting it to the upcoming RP that I'm making in the fashion of the Cloverfield universe.

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:20 pm

Turmenista wrote:
Ubaria wrote:

A cyberpunk RP that I hosted and is unfortunately kill now. Mechs, cyborgs, lasers and shit galore. The basic premise was that in the future, there were all these megacorporations (player-controlled) that spawned from the ashes of a long-dead mega-mega corp that set the bar for everyone else. The player-controlled megacorps now run the future economically and basically pulled a scramble for Africa on the solar system. All the while, they're trying to gain the political favor of the UN, whilst there's this massive syndicalist uprising going on in the background that's essentially a revival of the original syndie rebellion that killed the precursor megacorp. Shit was pretty cash but it didn't make it past page 2 of the IC. It was going to get pretty freaky with hacker-induced robot riots, backstabbing, etc, and a big ass conspiracy was going to play out through the entirety of the rp.

I'm thinking of connecting it to the upcoming RP that I'm making in the fashion of the Cloverfield universe.

Oh i think i remember seeing that. This isn't quite that FT. Kinda more grounded in reality in terms of scientific advancement with a more traditional cyberpunk dystopia/city noir kinda deal.
Yo, that's mad.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:27 pm

Ubaria wrote:
Turmenista wrote:

Oh i think i remember seeing that. This isn't quite that FT. Kinda more grounded in reality in terms of scientific advancement with a more traditional cyberpunk dystopia/city noir kinda deal.

Mine wasn't either. Didn't have FTL travel, or forcefields, or aliens (that we knew of). Think of it as Blade Runner, but a bit more advanced.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:22 pm

Aside from one outing that died after a few posts I've never done a cyberpunk RP.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Tue May 01, 2018 10:17 am

Been toyin with a black market scavenger/trader RP set inside of an exclusion zone, thoughts?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Tue May 01, 2018 5:20 pm

So I'm probably gonna remove the "III" from Legends of Eroris III because I've come to the realization that... this is basically a reboot. It has the same plot of the first one (Only a lot better) and is the amalgamation of all I wanted to get right on the first two RPs. I'm not gonna put reboot in the name because that's just signing the RP's death warrant, but I really think that I will resent the countdown of Eroris RPs from III to I because I believe this is the solid platform that I need to pursue this series. No longer shall each new iteration invalidate the work of previous iterations (I'm still putting the actions of LoEII into the Lore of LoE:I) And from here on out the time skips shall be a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 30 years; enough time as to let things change but not too much time to kill everyone's previous characters. Or maybe even play as their descendants. This represents a bold new start of my Eroris RP series because I've essentially declared that the first two were mainly WOrldbuilding Affairs... This is an interesting thing I've decided to do and I wanted to gauge your guys' opinions on this.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue May 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Everhall wrote:So I'm probably gonna remove the "III" from Legends of Eroris III because I've come to the realization that... this is basically a reboot. It has the same plot of the first one (Only a lot better) and is the amalgamation of all I wanted to get right on the first two RPs. I'm not gonna put reboot in the name because that's just signing the RP's death warrant, but I really think that I will resent the countdown of Eroris RPs from III to I because I believe this is the solid platform that I need to pursue this series. No longer shall each new iteration invalidate the work of previous iterations (I'm still putting the actions of LoEII into the Lore of LoE:I) And from here on out the time skips shall be a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 30 years; enough time as to let things change but not too much time to kill everyone's previous characters. Or maybe even play as their descendants. This represents a bold new start of my Eroris RP series because I've essentially declared that the first two were mainly WOrldbuilding Affairs... This is an interesting thing I've decided to do and I wanted to gauge your guys' opinions on this.

Seems sensible, though, people might play elf characters and play them safe so they can pull their characters through multiple iterations over the human characters who may not last very many iterations, though that may also be a natural thing because with less time humans will probably have more ambition anyway, though people may also play elf characters too safe, never doing anything daring until before their character is to naturally die, and may even venture to extend the life of their character through magical means in order to keep RPing them. They may never RP their characters meaningfully.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Tue May 01, 2018 5:32 pm

Zanera wrote:
Everhall wrote:So I'm probably gonna remove the "III" from Legends of Eroris III because I've come to the realization that... this is basically a reboot. It has the same plot of the first one (Only a lot better) and is the amalgamation of all I wanted to get right on the first two RPs. I'm not gonna put reboot in the name because that's just signing the RP's death warrant, but I really think that I will resent the countdown of Eroris RPs from III to I because I believe this is the solid platform that I need to pursue this series. No longer shall each new iteration invalidate the work of previous iterations (I'm still putting the actions of LoEII into the Lore of LoE:I) And from here on out the time skips shall be a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 30 years; enough time as to let things change but not too much time to kill everyone's previous characters. Or maybe even play as their descendants. This represents a bold new start of my Eroris RP series because I've essentially declared that the first two were mainly WOrldbuilding Affairs... This is an interesting thing I've decided to do and I wanted to gauge your guys' opinions on this.

Seems sensible, though, people might play elf characters and play them safe so they can pull their characters through multiple iterations over the human characters who may not last very many iterations, though that may also be a natural thing because with less time humans will probably have more ambition anyway, though people may also play elf characters too safe, never doing anything daring until before their character is to naturally die, and may even venture to extend the life of their character through magical means in order to keep RPing them. They may never RP their characters meaningfully.

That is true, but really who is that stealing the fun from?
Themselves.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue May 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Everhall wrote:
Zanera wrote:

That is true, but really who is that stealing the fun from?
Themselves.

True.
I was thinking up a Mayaar that would probably die in this RP.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Tue May 01, 2018 5:43 pm

Zanera wrote:
Everhall wrote:That is true, but really who is that stealing the fun from?
Themselves.

True.

What would you do then? Just spectate? It reminds me of that time when your Dwarf from LoEI died from a Nagi assassin :p
Last edited by Everhall on Tue May 01, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue May 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Everhall wrote:
Zanera wrote:
True.

What would you do then? Just spectate? It reminds me of that time when your Dwarf from LoEI died from a Nagi assassin :p

Depending on where you cut the RP, it will probably be near the end.
I didn't remember that I killed Kharden. Reading the post, well...damn.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse