NATION

PASSWORD

MindWalker Civil-War (MT, OOC, Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Gothecica wrote:The players controlling Countess Vixen of The New State of Luc and Brigadier General Rasul Faust of Yeren agree to this accord

Post is getting even bigger, seems like a lot of gears are turning, everyone wants a bit of the pie.
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

""Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening""

This is also my NPC account.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Vadia wrote:
Gothecica wrote:The players controlling Countess Vixen of The New State of Luc and Brigadier General Rasul Faust of Yeren agree to this accord

Post is getting even bigger, seems like a lot of gears are turning, everyone wants a bit of the pie.

Yeah. Clarification on what's going on?
|We are the Black Hand, we are the upraised fist, our reach long, our power great, and our judgment swift.|

Nyevzky
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nyevzky » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:08 pm

Vadia wrote:

And not all are what they claim to be.
With respect, education and perseverance, we advance.

"We seek the progress of the human race"
- Agustina Axu Vzivka.

The 4th August Regime of Greece
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The 4th August Regime of Greece » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:20 am

Vadia wrote:
The 4th August Regime of Greece wrote:I will tell you where all of my troops are currently located. On the Inheritors North Eastern Border their are 2500 troops, 13 Katsuyah Missile Launchers, 25 Bombers and 7 fighter jets. On the Inheritors South Eastern Border there are 500 troops, 6 Katsuyah Missile Launchers, 7 Bombers and 4 fighter jets. Throughout the Kafka border against the Kaiser (especially in the East) there are 13 bombers and 2 fighter jets. Reinforcements will arrive in the next 3 days and will be (most likely) positioned in the Kafka-Kaiser border.

Okay, I am going to be posting today, checking up with Vixen now. From what I understand by looking at tables and ranges, the only thing killed so far is potatoes.

I can't find a single model of bomber that can survive anything close to the air defenses. You appear to be deploying 1/4th the men and machines, everything you got, besides planes, they have a lot more of.

You have not stated what was in the Inheritors border in the first place. I can only assume (like with any other border) there would be troops, border control towers and outposts in that active border. This is what my planes have been bombing. So unless you mean to tell me there is little to no troops or anything present in that border then my troops would have already taken it by now.

You go on to state that my troops are outnumbered and such but I did not see that in your more recent post. As far as I can read you have gone on to state that the majority of the town folk in the area were civilians and that the 1% are military personnel. You have also stated that the battle ready troops are willing to engage mine in the Northern Area of the Inheritors border with the Kafka. Now I can be flat out wrong when I say this but I have come prepared for this as I have the majority of my troops at the North to engage your troops while my troops in the South are breezing through your so called "villages".

If I am mistaken then please elaborate because I cannot find any source that says that there was no one there to begin with. And even in the event there was nobody there then my advancement would be met with little to no resistance. right?

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:17 am

The 4th August Regime of Greece wrote:
Vadia wrote:
Okay, I am going to be posting today, checking up with Vixen now. From what I understand by looking at tables and ranges, the only thing killed so far is potatoes.

I can't find a single model of bomber that can survive anything close to the air defenses. You appear to be deploying 1/4th the men and machines, everything you got, besides planes, they have a lot more of.

You have not stated what was in the Inheritors border in the first place. I can only assume (like with any other border) there would be troops, border control towers and outposts in that active border. This is what my planes have been bombing. So unless you mean to tell me there is little to no troops or anything present in that border then my troops would have already taken it by now.

You go on to state that my troops are outnumbered and such but I did not see that in your more recent post. As far as I can read you have gone on to state that the majority of the town folk in the area were civilians and that the 1% are military personnel. You have also stated that the battle ready troops are willing to engage mine in the Northern Area of the Inheritors border with the Kafka. Now I can be flat out wrong when I say this but I have come prepared for this as I have the majority of my troops at the North to engage your troops while my troops in the South are breezing through your so called "villages".

If I am mistaken then please elaborate because I cannot find any source that says that there was no one there to begin with. And even in the event there was nobody there then my advancement would be met with little to no resistance. right?

Each province holds a million people at least, they are cut according to the population. Each one has at least one division and raises three more during the fighting season. Of course you are breezing through villages, the area is so rural and mountainous that most of the territory doesn't need to be protected.

1% of a million is 10,000 at least, this is why provinces are cut the way they are, they are designed to be the size needed to easily pay for a around the year division.

Luckily for you, all you ran into that they have, is mines and AA defenses. If you want to keep going, then it's going to get bad.
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 4th August Regime of Greece » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:07 am

Vadia wrote:
The 4th August Regime of Greece wrote:You have not stated what was in the Inheritors border in the first place. I can only assume (like with any other border) there would be troops, border control towers and outposts in that active border. This is what my planes have been bombing. So unless you mean to tell me there is little to no troops or anything present in that border then my troops would have already taken it by now.

Each province holds a million people at least, they are cut according to the population. Each one has at least one division and raises three more during the fighting season. Of course you are breezing through villages, the area is so rural and mountainous that most of the territory doesn't need to be protected.

1% of a million is 10,000 at least, this is why provinces are cut the way they are, they are designed to be the size needed to easily pay for a around the year division.

Luckily for you, all you ran into that they have, is mines and AA defenses. If you want to keep going, then it's going to get bad.

0_0...... shit

After careful consideration I might want to make a halt. However does that mean the Kafka will be able to cease the "lands" I have taken from the Inheritors because my troops are going to halt and try to accumulate these lands. BTW were these rules somewhere in this post that I did not check because now I feel silly.

To be honest I wasn't expecting that many troops. I can't stress this enough I am a lucky bastard.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:17 am

I think you should worry about the 3 divisions of Han troops taking pot shots at you from maximum Type-56 range first, see my last post.

I'm going to laugh if neither side has serious losses.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Nyevzky wrote:
Vadia wrote:

And not all are what they claim to be.
Thankfully that doesn't apply to Nod.
Nyevzky is going to find that Nod are exactly the kind of pragmatically evil people they claim to be, and that for, no matter the reason, the soldiers on station do seem to care about the livelyhood of Kafka, even if it's mostly because there's a mutual benefit.

Likely around the time the Black Hand nabs one of your spies and brings them in for questioning, Russian speaker none the less the Black Hand has been there long enough to know who's local and who's a suspicious migrant worker, hell they pull that shit all the time themselves.

Thankfully they're not in the mood to torture or get rough because right now they're more curious about your spies intentions than worried about them. Really over the years Nod has had to do some strange things even for them, the last war Nod was in they showed up, realized that the fighting was utterly pointless and worked with another nation to actually bring the war to a peaceful end in a major peace meeting they hosted. So yeah Nod's nothing if not pragmatic.

Vadia wrote:I think you should worry about the 3 divisions of Han troops taking pot shots at you from maximum Type-56 range first, see my last post.

I'm going to laugh if neither side has serious losses.

Well since the Hans aren't planning on stopping with just the Greeks and it's likely that there's little chance of defeating them I suppose I'll have to join the meeks in trying to soften up the Hans a little with a bit of artillery.

Greece I suggest that when your men notice those three divisions you fall back in the direction of my forces. Besides the Meeks are allying with Kafka so for now there's less a reason to fight them, you can't even really call them communist if they're declaring Vixen a Countess.
Last edited by The Black Hand of Nod on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
|We are the Black Hand, we are the upraised fist, our reach long, our power great, and our judgment swift.|

Nyevzky
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nyevzky » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:53 pm

The Black Hand of Nod wrote:Thankfully that doesn't apply to Nod.
Nyevzky is going to find that Nod are exactly the kind of pragmatically evil people they claim to be, and that for, no matter the reason, the soldiers on station do seem to care about the livelyhood of Kafka, even if it's mostly because there's a mutual benefit.

Likely around the time the Black Hand nabs one of your spies and brings them in for questioning, Russian speaker none the less the Black Hand has been there long enough to know who's local and who's a suspicious migrant worker, hell they pull that shit all the time themselves.

Thankfully they're not in the mood to torture or get rough because right now they're more curious about your spies intentions than worried about them. Really over the years Nod has had to do some strange things even for them, the last war Nod was in they showed up, realized that the fighting was utterly pointless and worked with another nation to actually bring the war to a peaceful end in a major peace meeting they hosted. So yeah Nod's nothing if not pragmatic.

Soon an attempt to kidnap some important Nod member may be made by the infiltrators, maybe that keeps them alert and causes one of the infiltrated agents to be captured by the black hand.
With respect, education and perseverance, we advance.

"We seek the progress of the human race"
- Agustina Axu Vzivka.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Nyevzky wrote:Soon an attempt to kidnap some important Nod member may be made by the infiltrators, maybe that keeps them alert and causes one of the infiltrated agents to be captured by the black hand.
The Black Hand is already alert due to the threat of the other buyers trying to cause trouble and the fact that the Black Hand has an intel division second to none and most likely already suspect you're sending spies anyway.

I just posted the Black Hand attempting to question one of your operatives... or at least a suspected operative, or they suspect they're an operative of yours or one of the other buyers that the Black Hand only recently muscled out, It's up to you to say if they did it or not, if not I can just claim it was a non local worker and the Black Hand let them go after a round of questioning.

Or you can take this chance to try and get some questions in yourself, or you can imply you have your operatives surrounding the area and we have a good old Mexican Standoff.
Last edited by The Black Hand of Nod on Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:01 pm

How do I join? I don't have much military knowledge OOCly and I'm too lazy to do the research, and yet, this RP required a good understanding of military
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:32 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:How do I join? I don't have much military knowledge OOCly and I'm too lazy to do the research, and yet, this RP required a good understanding of military

Way ahead of you, just use the resources under the application. I put them there to help people figure out what to do.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Vadia wrote:
The Federation of Kendor wrote:How do I join? I don't have much military knowledge OOCly and I'm too lazy to do the research, and yet, this RP required a good understanding of military

Way ahead of you, just use the resources under the application. I put them there to help people figure out what to do.

And even if you don't understand military tactics you could get involved in trying to make a peace process, or trying to provide political, financial, or equipment help to one side or another.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:14 pm

The Black Hand of Nod wrote:
Vadia wrote:

And even if you don't understand military tactics you could get involved in trying to make a peace process, or trying to provide political, financial, or equipment help to one side or another.

But the problem is that military RP is my favorite RP, being more fun than meeting RP's (though since my nation's current leader is not a full on interventionist, most of our aids are limited at providing a peacekeeping force, and helping one side with aids, like weapons, advisors, etc
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Seems to be my turn, let me get my post up.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:42 pm

The Black Hand of Nod wrote:-Han Counteroffensive-
The Nod artillery barrage was designed to soften up the position and keep the 2nd line unit from being able to organize in any fashion to threaten up, several more rocket strikes were delivered in scattered bursts at any obvious troop concentration, the true test came when it was time for the attack to actually begin, as lightly armored as the majority of the nod units were they could dish out the attacks but they won't be able to take it, so as the Gvozdika switched over to smoke rounds the Scorpions and BMDs advanced. The follow up barrages of further missile and artillery strikes would soon leave the various Hans forces firing blindly.

The real threat to the Han however was to come from the air, using the Greek's fly over and bombing strikes to alert them to where the Han had concentrated air defenses, the Nod forces mobilized their full air fleet of MI-35 Helicopters and using the artillery fire and smoke as cover, dispatched the armed and armored helicopters to engage and wipe out the lightly armored Tank Destroyers in locations they were sure that air defenses were light, Rockets, missiles, cannon fire, and as the Nod force advanced, Mortars, soon started hitting the Han positions with the infantry and light forces of the Nod main body to the rear, the goal was to cripple their offensive capability and with luck even advance into Han territory and hit their supply lines.

-Open ocean-
Contrary to most expections the Black Hand did have a surface fleet, though for the 5th army who often were known within Nod as the least funded group did hold one advantage in their cover job as ship scrappers in that it was fairly easy for them to get ahold of older naval ships long past their prime, the fleet that was being gathered would have been a formidable one... in the 70s, but in the modern era such a fleet could prove to provide little more than a minor threat unless supported greatly by unconventional forces. Thankfully for them and for the Reich they wouldn't have to waste their ammo against such a fleet.... yet at least, the more important threat was the Victor class that had begun shadowing the Reich fleet, with it's messages relayed between the array of covert intel ships and the greater nod sub fleet in itself, which was beginning to trail them for some distance, hoping to lure some of the anti-sub craft away into an ambush of their own.

Is the counterattack in the same location?

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:15 pm

Vadia wrote:
The Black Hand of Nod wrote:-Han Counteroffensive-
The Nod artillery barrage was designed to soften up the position and keep the 2nd line unit from being able to organize in any fashion to threaten up, several more rocket strikes were delivered in scattered bursts at any obvious troop concentration, the true test came when it was time for the attack to actually begin, as lightly armored as the majority of the nod units were they could dish out the attacks but they won't be able to take it, so as the Gvozdika switched over to smoke rounds the Scorpions and BMDs advanced. The follow up barrages of further missile and artillery strikes would soon leave the various Hans forces firing blindly.

The real threat to the Han however was to come from the air, using the Greek's fly over and bombing strikes to alert them to where the Han had concentrated air defenses, the Nod forces mobilized their full air fleet of MI-35 Helicopters and using the artillery fire and smoke as cover, dispatched the armed and armored helicopters to engage and wipe out the lightly armored Tank Destroyers in locations they were sure that air defenses were light, Rockets, missiles, cannon fire, and as the Nod force advanced, Mortars, soon started hitting the Han positions with the infantry and light forces of the Nod main body to the rear, the goal was to cripple their offensive capability and with luck even advance into Han territory and hit their supply lines.

Is the counterattack in the same location?
Generally yes, though it's spaced out a bit, the air attack is going to attempt to take out the majority of the Type 89s and other Han vehicles while the ground attack is going to attempt to engage the infantry. They're going to use the reveal of the AA caused by the Greek's bombing raids to concentrate the helicopters on positions that are light in AA defense, places that were revealed to have SAM and heavy AA fire will be primarily engaged by the light tanks and the Nod artillery.

I was also using the smoke to blind any laser targeting systems the Hans might have up until the point my normal artillery could get into range to hit them directly.

The ocean post is completely unrelated to the counter attack of course.
Last edited by The Black Hand of Nod on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Tue May 01, 2018 1:48 am

My post applies to a four different people, so everyone be sure to skim it at least.

Also, if you want me to make division forms for the Han or other NPC factions, let me know.

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 4th August Regime of Greece » Tue May 01, 2018 2:00 am

Im pretty sure my Minister of Propaganda would understand that the writings had to be in Russian Cyrillic and/or German. If this was because I did not add this in my post than I apologise. However I think a government is intelligent enough to translate the Greek language into German/Slavic. However I can accept the rest of the "dilemmas" such as dark lighting and no intelligence.

And HOLY SHIT did the Khruschev thing go wrong. I kind of new that the cover was going to be blown but not to this extent. Anyway is it ok if my assassin pulls the trigger (seeing as he comrade is being threatened with a gun). I ask you this as I want to understand how influential Boris is to the plot or if you have other plans for him than to be assassinated. However I do tread lightly on this as my "secret police" don't screw up that often (hence the emphasis on "The assassin who would wield the AWP sniper was forced to practice for 8 hours a day in order to make sure that he could shoot to kill with one shot".
Last edited by The 4th August Regime of Greece on Tue May 01, 2018 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Tue May 01, 2018 2:26 am

Vadia wrote:My post applies to a four different people, so everyone be sure to skim it at least.

Also, if you want me to make division forms for the Han or other NPC factions, let me know.

I'm not quite certain exactly where my forces are in regards to the post, if it's in the fire the ground units would most likely cease their advance once the fire started because by that point they won't need to do anything when the fire would do it's job for them, as for my air units, dangerous updrafts aside it's likely they could deal with it.

Though I imagine my next post will be consolidating the lines and working on deploying dozers for firebreaks in Vixen's territory.

If the Hans attack has been defeated then Nod will wait for the fires to die down in the area in front of them before doing their next advance, because they are going to advance to make sure that all these attacks weren't in vain, they'll see removing the Han as a threat now before the Kaiser gets reinforced by the Reich to be important.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Tue May 01, 2018 3:19 am

Vadia wrote:My post applies to a four different people, so everyone be sure to skim it at least.

I'm not quite certain exactly where my forces are in regards to the post, if it's in the fire the ground units would most likely cease their advance once the fire started because by that point they won't need to do anything when the fire would do it's job for them, as for my air units, dangerous updrafts aside it's likely they could deal with it.

Though I imagine my next post will be consolidating the lines and working on deploying dozers for firebreaks in Vixen's territory.

If the Hans attack has been defeated then Nod will wait for the fires to die down in the area in front of them before doing their next advance, because they are going to advance to make sure that all these attacks weren't in vain, they'll see removing the Han as a threat now before the Kaiser gets reinforced by the Reich to be important.

The map in the post shows a splash of grey in the Han territory, I believe that is you. Fire is south of mountain range.

Rhodokan Republic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodokan Republic » Tue May 01, 2018 5:36 am

Vadia, that was the single most confusing post i've seen from you...
This Nation is based on the very fictional nation of the Kingdom of the Rhodoks but created for the modern age.

The Republic of Rhodok is a Elective Monarchy which their currently elected leader is Lady Aaryn Kastor

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Tue May 01, 2018 4:11 pm

Rhodokan Republic wrote:Vadia, that was the single most confusing post i've seen from you...

Tl;dr

Forest fire ruins central Han attack.
Forest fire ruins crops and property in North Vixen lands
Better equipment ruins west Han attack
Nod counter attack works
Propaganda leaflets foiled by illiteracy
Borris gets assassinated by someone else
Borris was a massive jerkass
Your invasion succeeds since everyone's focusing on the north and the Kaiser wasn't expecting an amphibious attack that night. You took unprotected rural coastline far from any real civilization.
Last edited by The Black Hand of Nod on Tue May 01, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slovak Social Republic
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Slovak Social Republic » Tue May 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Rhodokan Republic wrote:Vadia, that was the single most confusing post i've seen from you...

Tl;dr

Better equipment ruins west Han attack In the west, the Han smashes the Alec' forces and sends them scrambling.
Nod counter attack works
Your invasion succeeds since everyone's focusing on the north and the Kaiser wasn't expecting an amphibious attack that night. You took unprotected rural coastline far from any real civilization.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Tue May 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Slovak Social Republic wrote:
The Black Hand of Nod wrote:Tl;dr

Better equipment ruins west Han attack In the west, the Han smashes the Alec' forces and sends them scrambling.
Nod counter attack works

This is correct.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents