NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: Jedi Academy [A Pub RP] (OOC-DEAD)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Lightsaber Colour?

- Blue
11%
- Green
11%
- Yellow
19%
- Violet
15%
- Orange
4%
- Pink
4%
- Red
15%
- OTHER
22%

Total votes : 27

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:51 pm

Cainesland wrote:Would the Geonosians be enslaved and killed in this rp?

Legends. Enslavement but not exterminated to such a degree.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:31 pm

On all levels including physical, this has been tag
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Tribe of Rinos wrote:You know what would be great? If there was an Ewok or Jawa or Toydarian Jedi

Why not Zoidberg a Lurmen?
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:24 pm

Name: Tillisk'Tor'Vih (Torr)

Species: Chiss

Appearance: Six Feet tall, 180lbs, scar tissue caused by lacerations and burning present on his right arm, upper abdomen, and neck. Contrary to the visual aid, he has jet black hair.

Lightsaber: Green Training Lightsaber
Ship: Deep-X Explorer Scout Vessel
Equipment:
  • Black Robes
  • 13 Credits

Personality: Humble, kind, and slightly defensive from years evading the Empire, Torr took his lessons as a youngling to heart, and lived his life adhearing to basic Jedi tenants. However, he defends his allies with the same effort that he defends himself, even disregarding his own health if he has to.
  • Learning
  • Flying
Dislikes:
  • People who entertain the dark side of the force
Goals:
  • To learn the ways of the Light Side of the Force
  • Learn more about the galaxy through exploration
Fears:
  • Drowning
  • Being seduced by the Dark Side of the Force

Background: Born in 33 BBY on Csilla to a lower class family Tillisk'Tor'Vih wouldn't have a normal childhood. His sensitivity to the Force would be discovered after he was 7 years old, and he would be exiled from his family, the whole idea of the Force being a shameful attribute in Chiss culture. He would live in space aboard a scavenger vessel for some time, until being discovered by the Jedi Order. He was young enough to start training as an initiate, but he would fail the initiate trials as others with more experience would pass.

Instead he would become part of the Jedi Service Corps, more specifically the Explorer Corps. His intelligence and adventurous nature making him fit in well amongst his older counterparts. In 19 BBY he would receive a mission to the Outer Rim, and shortly after his small exploratory vessel would receive news of the Jedi Purge. The Crew would split up, deciding that would be the best way to avoid capture. Torr would end up staying on the ship, and doing scouting missions and smuggling runs for some time until being recruited by the organizing Alliance to Restore the Republic as a forward scout.

For much of the war he would survey dozens of planets and nebulas for the possible construction bases or establishment of supply routes, usually staying out of combat unless he was cornered. He would, however, participate in the Battle of Jakku, seeing the significance of the battle, and would fly CAS for the ground assault. In the battle a power conduit in his cockpit would explode, and while the wounds were minor and superficial, he would be scarred along his side. He and his ship would recover, however he would never join the New Republic's military formally, and after the battle he would return to exploring the Galaxy alone. It wasn't until a few years later when the Force compelled him to make a journey across the galaxy.

He would find himself on the moon Jedha, standing in a crater where a Holy City once stood. Even Torr recognized this as a scar in the Force, feeling the past of the city that was once home to worshippers of the Force. It was there where he was found by Luke Skywalker, who brought Torr back to D'Qar to become a member of the refounded Jedi Order. While the Service Corps was never reincorporated, Torr would still become an apprentice due to his connection with the Force.
Skills:
  • Good Pilot
  • Intelligent
  • Fast Reflexes
Weakness:
  • Untrained in the Force
  • Not used to teamwork
  • Not experienced in dueling or other combat outside of space combat

RP sample: Ace Combat: Broken Line

DO NOT REMOVE: HK-47
Last edited by Tayner on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:24 pm

Tayner wrote:Name: Tillisk'Tor'Vih (Torr)[floatright]

Be aware that the date has changed for the RP (it's now 15 ABY as opposed to 10 ABY) so his date-of-birth would be 28 BBY. A minor issue. He'd be 9 years-old at the start of the Great Jedi Purge, so while he'd likely still be assigned to the Jedi Service Corp. it's doubtful he'd go alone considering his age. The easiest fix would be to up his age to 48. Otherwise, ACCEPTED pending a slight edit.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Name: Randolph Thompson
Species:Human

Appearance: (If using a picture then provide height/weight/etc.) Blue eyes, white, 5'7, 156 Pounds.

Lightsaber: Standard, Blue (I want Yellow, but that is for temple guards, but they don't exist in ABY, soo does that rule still stand?
Ship: Doesn't have one, though he hitches rides from other people.
Equipment: holopad, 2 sets of robes, and food water etc

Personality:
Likes: Bread,riding speeder bikes, exploring, fixing and building things.
Dislikes: certain types of aliens, some animals, and some other smaller dislikings.
Goals: Building a new Speeder bike
Fears: (Can't really think of anything right now)

Background: (Two paragraphs minimum.) He was born on the desert planet of ambria, at 0ABY/BBY. (Jakku was 5 ABY, this is ten years after that) His father ran with a gang on the desert planet, and his mom was killed shortly after his birth. From a young age, he knew he had to get off the planet. The Planet had slarge Dark side presence, and he didn't know it. he had his first accidental run in with the force when he was 4. He moved a rock without touching it, and he was scared of what he could do. His father found out, and tried to sell him off to the highest bidder, which would have probably sold him to the remnants. When he was 9, he grabbed a wrench, and killed his father. He took their stuff, and tried to find a way off the Desert planet. He managed to hide on a cargo ship heading for Naboo.

He managed to get off the ship without getting caught, and he mostly scavenged for food. He managed to get some joyrides on speeders, and enjoys it alot. He used to repair some speeders for money, but he didn't get paid well. He built his own little robot, then sold it to buy a holopad. He is currently looking for new parts to build another one, maybe something like a Pit droid.

Skills: hand to Hand, Using Speeder Bikes, and Good at fixing things
Weaknesses:ranged weapons,tall places, small places.

RP Example: The Chaos Bringer The Stars Fell to Thee and some more that i'm too lazy to link

Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Northern Poland wrote:Name: Randolph Thompson

A few things to keep in mind:
- Delete all parenthesis and unused optional sections.

- Appearance is pretty lacking.

- Jedi Apprentices can be any age, young or old. Linea, for example, is 13 whereas Torr is 48.

- Yellow lightsabers are not reserved specifically for Temple Guards. Training lightsabers are usually blue or green, but when you create your own lightsaber later in the story you can find pretty much any colour within reason.

- You probably don't need to list food/water and extra clothing under EQUIPMENT since that would be a given, unless you have a reason to carry it on your person 24/7. Otherwise the basic necessities are likely provided in nearly all situations. List anything special, such as blasters or tools or the like.

- Building a new speeder bike is more a want than a goal. My opinion in any case.

- Your DISLIKES are incredibly vague. That entire section is optional so if you can't think of something then cut it out.

- I assume the BIO is incomplete. Your wording makes it sound as if you're uncertain about some things. Additionally, it makes no mention of him being found by the Jedi or being given the opportunity to become a Jedi Apprentice, and given what is written I can only assume he'd still be on Naboo trying to build a speeder.

- How are "tall places" and "small places" a weakness?
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:14 pm

Appearance: Blue eyes, , 5'7, 156 Pounds, Light White Skin, Freckles covering his face, no facial hair, a slight scar next to his left eye,and brown hair.

Lightsaber: Standard, Blue (I want Yellow, but that is for temple guards, but they don't exist in ABY, soo does that rule still stand?
Equipment: holopad, 1 TX-23 Fireworm Heavy Blaster Pistol.

Goals: Traveling the Galaxy
Fears: (Can't really think of anything right now)

Background: (Two paragraphs minimum.) He was born on the desert planet of ambria, at 0ABY/BBY. (Jakku was 5 ABY, this is ten years after that) His father ran with a gang on the desert planet, and his mom was killed shortly after his birth. From a young age, he knew he had to get off the planet. The Planet had slarge Dark side presence, and he didn't know it. he had his first accidental run in with the force when he was 4. He moved a rock without touching it, and he was scared of what he could do. His father found out, and tried to sell him off to the highest bidder, which would have probably sold him to the remnants. When he was 9, he grabbed a wrench, and killed his father. He took their stuff, and tried to find a way off the Desert planet. He managed to hide on a cargo ship heading for Naboo.

He managed to get off the ship without getting caught, and he mostly scavenged for food. He managed to get some joyrides on speeders, and enjoys it alot. He used to repair some speeders for money, but he didn't get paid well. He built his own little robot, then sold it to buy a holopad. When he was 10 a jedi Knight found him while he was trying to move something without touching it. The Jedi Knight took him to the new Jedi order, and they accepted him. He trained with a few others for 5 years, then he started the Jedi Initiate Trials. He passed and was made a Jedi Apprentice under the new order. He was and still is very happy that he passed the trails. He is currently looking for new parts to build another one, maybe something like a Pit droid.

Weaknesses:ranged weapons,

RP Example: The Chaos Bringer The Stars Fell to Thee and some more that i'm too lazy to link

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Planning on doing a Zygerrian level headed kid for the Wookie.

Mostly because I'm a mascioist when it comes to my characters.
Obligatory Quotes below

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:37 pm

Fears is optional. If you can't think of something then nix it. The bits in parenthesis are superfluous so nix them as well. Concerning the bio, if he was 4 when was discovered to be Force-sensitive, why wasn't he sold and why did it take him five years to do anything about his father? Running away is something kids do, so what tipped the scales to make him kill his father since patricide is usually preceded by some major event in the relationship. Also, the new Jedi recruits haven't had any training yet as we're only just arriving on D'Qar. The academy was only just established. There have been no trials yet or anything. You removed the two non-weaknesses but you could replace them to compensate. To be fair, and I don't intend to be too difficult, but the app just comes across as sloppy.

Danceria wrote:Planning on doing a Zygerrian level headed kid for the Wookie.

Sounds good. There'll be some NPC Knights/Apprentices hanging around the temple. If we have player Knights they'll get preference for students, otherwise I'll step in with the Wookie and others.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

Fears is optional. If you can't think of something then nix it. The bits in parenthesis are superfluous so nix them as well. Concerning the bio, if he was 4 when was discovered to be Force-sensitive, why wasn't he sold and why did it take him five years to do anything about his father? Running away is something kids do, so what tipped the scales to make him kill his father since patricide is usually preceded by some major event in the relationship. Also, the new Jedi recruits haven't had any training yet as we're only just arriving on D'Qar. The academy was only just established. There have been no trials yet or anything. You removed the two non-weaknesses but you could replace them to compensate. To be fair, and I don't intend to be too difficult, but the app just comes across as sloppy.

Sounds good. There'll be some NPC Knights/Apprentices hanging around the temple. If we have player Knights they'll get preference for students, otherwise I'll step in with the Wookie and others.

I am not doing 6 apps like in Halo, I'm gonna do another in the morning, same guy tho

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

He ain't gonna be an NPC, if he can be an apprentice.
Obligatory Quotes below

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:54 pm

Danceria wrote:He ain't gonna be an NPC, if he can be an apprentice.

Was referring to the NPC Knight, the Wookiee. I'll stick Apprentices with Knights controlled by people first with NPC Knights picking up the slack is what I was saying. You mentioned a Wookiee so I assumed the NPC Knight on the Roster.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Danceria wrote:He ain't gonna be an NPC, if he can be an apprentice.

Was referring to the NPC Knight, the Wookiee. I'll stick Apprentices with Knights controlled by people first with NPC Knights picking up the slack is what I was saying. You mentioned a Wookiee so I assumed the NPC Knight on the Roster.

Oh so we aren't doing the Rule of Two? Ok.
Obligatory Quotes below

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Danceria wrote:Oh so we aren't doing the Rule of Two? Ok.

Rule of Two? That's a Sith thing. Like the game, Knights will have two Apprentices.
I believe there was some miscommunication at some point.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:16 pm

Name: Sen Zuroki Wren
Species: Human (Corellian-Mandalorian)

Appearance:
Height - 174cm // 5ft8
Weight - 60kg // 132lbs

Lightsaber: Single, Green. Medium Style Focus.
Ship: Z-95 Headhunter
Equipment:

Personality: Previously a fiery, energetic and impulsive character, people who look upon her would identify her as quiet, stoic, and individualistic. While she understands teamwork, she isn't one to place herself in harms way due to foolish decisions. While she isn't the sacrificial kind, she fights hard when cornered, or sees an ally in danger when in dire circumstances. Prefers to think and deploy diplomacy over combat and forced negotiations, her weapons are often drawn only as a last resort. However, she is extremely loyal to the new Jedi cause, and the goal of Luke to rebuild the Jedi Order.

Likes: Starfighters, Corellia, Lightsaber Training, Force Training,
Dislikes: Mandalore, Clan Saxon, Unnecessary violence, the Dark Side
Goals: To master the Force, to help rebuild the Jedi Order.
Fears: Failing to tame the Dark Side/Falling into the Dark Side, fears the outbreak of another war, fears losing an apprentice due to her poor decisions.

Background: An exile from Mandalore when the civil war broke out due to their family name, Sen and her family sought help from their connections with Corellian traders, eventually escaping the planet as stormtroopers were closing in. Her father was an active participant in the Rebellion, going on sabotage and recon missions while Sen accompanied her mother on diplomatic missions in order to garner support for Clan Wren and the Rebellion. A prodigy in linguistics and the form of communication, Sen picked up some of those methods quickly, while also beginning to reveal her affinity with the martial arts and more interestingly, the Force.

Part of her education included learning cultures and the basics of Corellian engineering. She took up flying at a young age, firstly with simple vehicles, but before she could complete her training, the War ended, and she was picked up to be sent for a greater destiny.

She trained under Luke Skywalker immediately after the conclusion of the Galactic Civil War. Appraised by Luke himself, she soon revealed herself to be skilled in lightsaber combat and the use of the Force, although her general preference was still on diplomacy before the application of violence. Nonetheless, she admired his vision, and aimed to help him realise it with the results of her training. It was after her Jedi training that she completed her learning from Corellia, using her time as a padawan to study as a form of focus in the Force without the distractions of hedonism. It was only a ouple years back when she received her Z-95, a gift from her father to aid her in her goals.

Skills:
  • Sen is an accomplished practitioner of the Form II Makashi and Form V Shien styles while being proficient in other basic forms. Her combat style leans towards a balanced form of fighting, while her proficiency in Makashi allows her to combine lightsaber combat with her personal blaster.
  • As of the present, Sen's Force Affinity is still lacking compared to the Jedi Consulars of the Old Republic. However, while she knows little on the application of the Dark Side powers, she is strong in the application of Force Heal, Jedi Mind Tricks, and is well grounded on her Core Powers as a Jedi Knight should.
  • A skilled pilot from her Mandalorian heritage, Sen now pilots a modified Z-95 formerly used as a recon starfighter by her father for occasional patrols.
  • Proficient engineer from her Correlian and Mandalorian education.
  • An accomplished negotiator from her mother's side as Corellian Consular.

Weaknesses: She might lack initiative in situations where violence would be needed to solve issues, as she believes in persuasion almost to the very end. She also would not draw her weapons first, unless an ally was openly threatened.

RP Example:

Last edited by Relikai on Wed May 02, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:17 am

WIP
Name: Ignus
Species: Southern Mustafarian

Appearance: Stands about 1.5 meters tall (4 ft 11 inches)

Lightsaber: Yellow
Ship: class 720 freighter
Equipment: lightsaber

Background: (Two paragraphs minimum.)
Mustafar (35 BBY)
Born on Mustafar nearly 50 years ago in 35 BBY, Ignus is fairly young for a Mustafarian. His name means fire in basic, and is based on his home worlds heated state. Growing up, the techno union had a trade agreement with mustafar and were the main foreign contat for him and his area. When he was 6 he tamed a lava flea which would proceed to eat a small hole into the earth of his family dwelling that would serve as his and the fleas new living quarters. When he was 12, in 23 BBY, he was designated an adult and participated in a coming of age ceremony where he would jump over a lava fall while riding a flea and not wearing any protective armour.

He got involved in the workforce soon after his 12th birthday, and as with most of his race, he was involved in the heavy labour, mining the magma that would be sent to the techno union. He would get involved in guarding and the Union as well, as time allowed, to learn different aspects of the mining industry. In 19 BBY, while on shift, he witnessed the deaths of the Seperatist council from afar, as well as the fight between Obi-Wan and Skywalker, and Skywalkers retrieval by Palpatine. Mining, now for the Empire instead of the Techno Union, would continue to be the focus of his life until around 15 BBY.

In 15 BBY Ignus had saved enough credits, in the range of 146,987.2 credits, following 8 years of labour. He caught a ship off world. The ship took him along the hydian way to Eriadu. On Eriadu he was able to purchase a ship of his own. The class 720 freighter, and some pilot droids. The pilot droids were reprogrammed confederate droids.

Hutts (15 BBY)
In 15 bby he travelled to Nal hutta in Hutt space and became a small independent transportation agent. He mostly shipped food and spices between Hutt planets. In 14 bby he was hired by a Hutt lord to transport its food and spices. The huttlord was relatively young, and was an up and coming member of the Hutt cartel. That year Ignus met 3 allies, an entymal, a half-bothan, and a Tynnan. They would be a crew together for the next 7 years. In that time he would become a major member of the Hutts non-Hutt inner circle, and diversify to become bounty hunters as well as smugglers. His cargo also became more expensive with each shipment, and his tasks got more complicated, but they kept being delivered safely and on time. By his 7th year, the Hutt became the accountant for the Hutt ruling family. Having helped the Hutt rise through the ranks, by his 8th year with the Hutt he became a captain in the Hutt Cartel, and a defender of the Hutt. While he defended the Hutt, his crew continued smuggling and hunting for enemies of the Hutts.

Corporate sector (7 BBY)
In 7 BBY, after 8 years of service, Ignus told the Hutt of his intent to retire from smuggling and bounty hunting and move to the corporate sector. The Hutt was hesitant but accepted this. His crew split up, and his spot in the inner circle was given to someone else. Occasionally he would still be called up by the Hutt to do a job when it was deemed important enough to be left to another. Ignus applied for a job with the Corporate sector authority. With a third of the work performed over the past 8 years being running an independent business he was able to cite that for his work experience. He was hired as a mid level administrator. By his 6th year he had risen to being a territorial administrator of the corporate sector. In his 7th year, he was promoted to the Vice President of the corporate sector. In this capacity he also sat on the company's board, and got to know a few of the board members that ran the corporate sector.

Dathomir (0 BBY)
In 0 bby he retired from the corporate sector. With 15 years of economic service under his belt he ran to be the imperial senator for Mustafar. He was successful. However, later that year the imperial senate was dissolved. Along with many senators he was arrested for fear of political descent, and sentenced to prison. He was taken to Dathomir. While landing his ship was damaged due to an orbital bombardment. Palpatine had decided to isolate the planet. He would escape enslavement by the Dathomir witches and flee into the woods. He would live here for a few years until being discovered by the witches in 3ABY. From 3 ABY to 8 ABY he would live with the waterfall clan as a visitor. In an early time with the clan he would participate in a raid against the night sisters to prove his capabilities as a warrior. He would later participate in a few more of these raids, and be gifted with an amulet of transformation to aid in scouting in future raids. This amulet would turn him into an eagle. While living with the witches he would get to know the rancor tribe that lived with them, as well as witness some of their force techniques such as animal control and tracking.

Jensaarai (8 ABY)
In 8 ABY the Jedi Luke skywalker, along with his allies Princess Leia Han Solo and chewbacka would come to defeat the imperial warlords blockade. At this point he would escape the planet with Luke skywalker. With the Praxeum unfinished, he would travel away and find another force group that Luke had met 8 years prior. He would live with this group for 7 years.

Apprentice (15 bby)
In 15 ABY, following 12 years of exposure to the force, Ignus travelled to Luke's Praxeum to apprentice to the Jedi.

Skills: Animal handling, Piloting, Engineering,
Weaknesses: Reach, Speed, Cold

RP Example:

Last edited by Cainesland on Fri May 04, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Star Wars: Jedi Academy [A Pub RP] (OOC-OPEN)

Postby Cainesland » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:27 am

What are your thoughts on the Sorcerers of Tuund and the Jensaarai? According to legends, the former are descended from exiled Sith Sorcerers skilled in shapeshifting that were killed after the empire rose to power with the planet covered in radiation around 5 BBY, and the latter were a Jedi Splinter group that became disillusioned by a Sith holocron, wore armour, and went into hiding before meeting Luke around 0 BBY.

Would you be ok with a character that was involved with either or both in some capacity before joining Luke’s academy? Or would you prefer characters with little to no force experience?
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:45 am

Name: Bo Ganthor
Species: Zabrak

Appearance: Roughly 6'3, nearing 196 pounds, and with a number of scars across his body from his time with the Rebel Commandos.

Lightsaber: Green, Double Bladed, Straight Hilt
Ship: 3-Z light freighter
Equipment: A280 Blaster

Personality: Bo is a steadfast and calm individual. Rarely one to be surprised or intimidated, a life of service in a military unit has resulted in a demeanor of control and patience. Bo has a sense of selflessness about him, although he does have moments of arrogance, he is quick to stand to the aid of those who coincide with his sense of morals, or those he deems as friends or family.

Background: born in 33 BBY, Bo grew up up in a period of galactic instability. His parents died young, and he was forced to live with his uncle working on old ships in a scrapyard. He was young during the Clone Wars, only remembering the tales of Jedi fighting for freedom and peace. He always wished to serve the Republic in some facet, though eventually the Republic turned into the Empire, and the propaganda and reasonable amount of clouding around the fall of the Jedi, turned Bo into somewhat of a skeptic. He would spend most of his life remaining on Dantooine as a mechaqnic. Eventually however, he was conscripted as one of the few non-humans to serve as an Imperial Stormtrooper.

It didn't last all too long. Roughly two years, and in 7 BBY he defected to the Rebel Alliance, soon after taking his skills as a Stormtrooper to that of the Rebel SpecFor. It was here he would remain, until not long after his participation in the Battle of Endor, as part of the team that assaulted the Death Star II's shield generator. After that he would be shuffled back into a room until Luke Skywalker came to him, not because of his training, or his renown as a soldier, but because, apparently, he was Jedi material.

He took the offer needless to say, and after some training, and a lot of time, he too became a Jedi, feeling long since buried in his childhood resurfaced. It wasn't long before he newly christened Knight found the first apprentice of his own. On a wayward journey into the depths of Coruscant, nearly all the way down to level 1313. It was here he found a slave trading ring, a number of those being held in cages either tortured for a number of years or recently claimed from their homes. For once of the few times, Bo forewent the attempt to negotiate, instead either killing all involved or leaving them to run.

Of those he rescued from their captivity was a younger girl, roughly 16. Something about her wasn't normal, something within her was stirring... It was The Force. After setting her free, he managed to herd her aboard his ship, before returning to D'Qar. It has been three years since then, and since then Bo has training his young Padawan, a woman named Xin.

Skills:
  • Bo is skilled in Form IV, though lacking in proficiency in most others.
  • Years of fighting in the Rebel Alliance has left Bo with a nigh unmatched proficiency with blasters.
  • A distinctly high sense of situational awareness.

Weaknesses:
Despite his sense of selflessness and defensiveness of others, Bo suffers from a several case of assuming the worst of others in their actions. This leads into a rather grim case of jumping to conclusions based on his own reasoning which may be inconclusive or otherwise overthought. He has also had a hard time adapting to a 'kill only by necessity' rule that the Jedi run by.

RP Example: boi

Name: Xin Endoni
Species: Epicanthix

Appearance: 7'8, nearing 290 pounds, back has a number of laceration scars. Wrists and hands contain scars due to bindings.

Lightsaber: Green (Borrowed)
Ship: --
Equipment: --

Personality: Standoffish, impatient, and anti-social. Those are the words to describe Xin. Though somewhat selfish and otherwise incompatible with most others, Xin does have a sense of morals and will stand by them until her dying breath. The safety and freedom of others being that which stands forefront in her mind, she will ensure that those around her will not experience that which she had to, even if it means her own death. She also has a slight dislike for Master Skywalker, based on nothing more than his title alone, though she still keeps a respectable air around the man.

Background: Born on Panatha like most of her species, she was trained at a young age to be a fighter, and to hone her body for a lifetime of combat. At the age of ten, her father and mother and herself boarded a ship to explore the galaxy at large, not soon after first contact. Due to the naivete of the Epicanthix at the time regarding the world at large, a business deal turned wrong resulted in her parent's deaths, along with her own enslavement.

She would start her life as a slave as a somewhat unruly and aggressive child, her new masters going about the regular course of whipping her when she did something that would be considered 'unruly'. It wasn't long before she was introduced to the trade. She switched owners as often as she switched planets. Her back felt the crack of as varied a whip as her hands felt bindings. Yet for whatever reason she never broke, be it because of her natural mental fortitude or because of an sub-conscious tapping in to The Force, she still doesn't know.

But eventually her life as a slave came to an end, after being transferred out of Hutt space, and shipped to the deeper bowels of Coruscant, it was here she was prepared to be swapped into another set of sleazy alien hands. Though this time she wasn't purchased, and the alien hands weren't anywhere near as sleazy. THe Zabrak who rescued her took notice of her, and through some small nudges of talking, she went with, for once of her own volition.

It is now that she continues her training as a Jedi under Knight Ganthor, her attitude and demeanor causing as much trouble as it provides a positive effect. But she still learns, taking in the info from the man who liberated her like a dried up sponge takes in water.
Skills:
  • Raw physical power and agility are a general trait of Epicanthix, added on to by Xin's general force aptitude.
  • A general ability to remain mentally flexible. A saying of 'be shapeless, like water' has been one she has clung to throughout her life. As such, her lightsaber combat style is a hybridisation of styles based around offensive measures and physical power.
  • Has an unusually high connection with the Force.

Weaknesses:
  • Overly quick to anger or grow frustrated.
  • Prone to arrogance.
  • Small spaces, general claustrophobia.

RP Example: boi

Last edited by Anowa on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:17 am

Name: Randolph Thompson

Appearance: Blue eyes, , 5'7, 165 Pounds, Light White Skin, Freckles covering his face, no facial hair, a slight scar next to his left eye,and brown hair.

Lightsaber: Standard, Blue

Background: He was born on the desert planet of ambria, at 4 BBY. His father ran with a gang on the desert planet, and his mom was killed shortly after his birth. From a young age, he knew he had to get off the planet. The Planet had slarge Dark side presence, and he didn't know it. he had his first accidental run in with the force when he was 6. He moved a rock without touching it, and he was scared of what he could do. His father found out, and tried to sell him off to the highest bidder, which would have probably sold him to the remnants. He packed his stuff, and in the middle of the night he ran off into the Desert. He walked for 10 Days to find a space port, and he had to stay away from anyone he saw outside of the port. He knew his father was looking for him, so he had to hide along the way, but he stopped at trading posts to buy stuff. He then found a space port that carried a few large cargo ships, and a bunch of smaller ones. He managed to hide on a cargo ship heading for Naboo.

He managed to get off the ship without getting caught, and he mostly scavenged for food. He managed to get some joyrides on speeders, and enjoys it alot. He used to repair some speeders for money, but he didn't get paid well. He built his own little robot, then sold it to buy a holopad. When he was 17 a jedi Knight found him while he was trying to move something without touching it. The Jedi Knight took him to the new Jedi order, and they accepted him. he was made a kind of Limbo apprentice, since there haven't been any trails.* He is currently looking for new parts to build another one, maybe something like a Pit droid.

Weaknesses:
1. He is suspicious of people, not working very well with others.
2. He does try to jump into some situations, even though most of them don't really concern him.
3. He is arrogant, believing that he is stronger than he actually is.
RP Example:

Since there hasn't been trails, and because luke didn't start the youngling academy until 22 ABY, would he automatically made a apprentice, or would he be waiting for trails?
I'm a mostly BBY person, mainly Galactic civil war, And trying to start with the Old Republic era
Last edited by Northern Poland on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:47 am

Relikai wrote:Name: Sen Zuroki Wren

ACCEPTED.

Anowa wrote:Name: Bo Ganthor
Name: Xin Endoni

Both ACCEPTED, however, Bo's species is listed as Human instead of Zabrak. Minor typo.

Still some issues. While I like that you included a bit more about his childhood a 4 year-old Human is too young to really know what they're doing, especially walking for 10 days and avoiding his father/animals/capture/etc. and then sneaking onto a freighter to travel to another planet. I highly doubt that a toddler would be that competent. Sure, could argue the Force, but it still comes across as a bit unlikely. Concerning his being found by the Jedi, the OP says that the Jedi Knights began searching for new apprentices two years ago in 13 ABY. Seven years ago they would have still been training with Master Skywalker as that was only two years after the end of the war. The second issue is much more concerning.

Lastly, about your RP examples, please link the IC threads or, preferably, an actual post you made. You right-click the letter symbol to the left of your name on the post (where it says by Northern Poland before the date) and go to Copy Link Address.

Cainesland wrote:What are your thoughts on the Sorcerers of Tuund and the Jensaarai? According to legends, the former are descended from exiled Sith Sorcerers skilled in shapeshifting that were killed after the empire rose to power with the planet covered in radiation around 5 BBY, and the latter were a Jedi Splinter group that became disillusioned by a Sith holocron, wore armour, and went into hiding before meeting Luke around 0 BBY.

Would you be ok with a character that was involved with either or both in some capacity before joining Luke’s academy? Or would you prefer characters with little to no force experience?

Either is find (but I expect the Jensaarai to not be too numerous in number, at least nothing absurdly large given their persecution). I'd say one or the other, the Jensaarai being the easiest to work in given their recent undertakings with Luke Skywalker, and the fact they openly sent students to train at the Jedi Academy in Legends. If you're making an Apprentice, you can have some experience with the Force but I expect it to be limited in some degree so as to require more teachings. Concerning the app, looks good thus far.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:25 am

Appearance: Blue eyes, , 5'7, 165 Pounds, Light White Skin, Freckles covering his face, no facial hair, a slight scar next to his left eye,and brown hair.

Lightsaber: Standard, Blue

Background: He was born on the desert planet of ambria, at 4 BBY. His father ran with a gang on the desert planet, and his mom was killed shortly after his birth. From a young age, he knew he had to get off the planet. The Planet had slarge Dark side presence, and he didn't know it. he had his first accidental run in with the force when he was 6. He moved a rock without touching it, and he was scared of what he could do. His father found out, and tried to sell him off to the highest bidder, which would have probably sold him to the remnants. He packed his stuff, and in the middle of the night he ran off into the Desert. He walked for 10 Days to find a space port, and he had to stay away from anyone he saw outside of the port. He knew his father was looking for him, so he had to hide along the way, but he stopped at trading posts to buy stuff. He then found a space port that carried a few large cargo ships, and a bunch of smaller ones. He managed to hide on a cargo ship heading for Naboo.

He managed to get off the ship without getting caught, and he mostly scavenged for food. He managed to get some joyrides on speeders, and enjoys it alot. He used to repair some speeders for money, but he didn't get paid well. He built his own little robot, then sold it to buy a holopad. When he was 17 a jedi Knight found him while he was trying to move something without touching it. The Jedi Knight took him to the new Jedi order, and they accepted him. he was made a kind of Limbo apprentice, since there haven't been any trails.* He is currently looking for new parts to build another one, maybe something like a Pit droid.

Weaknesses:
1. He is suspicious of people, not working very well with others.
2. He does try to jump into some situations, even though most of them don't really concern him.
3. He is arrogant, believing that he is stronger than he actually is.
RP Example:

Since there hasn't been trails, and because luke didn't start the youngling academy until 22 ABY, would he automatically made a apprentice, or would he be waiting for trails?
I'm a mostly BBY person, mainly Galactic civil war, And trying to start with the Old Republic era

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:45 pm

In case anyone is wondering, IC won't be up until sometime later in the week at the earliest. Want to give people a chance to finish their apps as well as to allow anyone else to join in before we start. Regardless, I'll probably start writing the IC to have it ready.

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Tag, we're following the Legends universe here, right?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Tag, we're following the Legends universe here, right?

It's a mix but, for the most part, Legends takes precedent in most things concerning lore with Canon being bits and pieces.
For example, the Battle of Jakku is canon for the RP, but the aftermath is more in-line with Legends.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse