NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal "Liberate KAISERREICH"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Westfacto
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Repeal "Liberate KAISERREICH"

Postby Westfacto » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:45 pm

Hello! This is my first Security Council proposal, and I would love to hear all questions, death threats, inputs, outputs, thoughts, prayers, and criticism for the draft.
The main objective of this draft isn't in any way to support the Kaiserreich region but to remove and highlight the misuse of liberations that have recently passed in the World Assembly.

Repeal: “Liberate KAISERREICH”

Proposed By: Westfacto
Nominee: KAISERREICH
Category: Liberation
Word Count: 129 (+1)
Draft: 1.0

Security Council Resolution #245 “Liberate KAISERREICH” shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The Security Council,

Acknowledging that Security Council Resolution #245 “Liberate KAISERREICH” was passed to send a warning to Fascist and Nazi regions,

Praising the Security Council’s disapproval on regions that openly house and support Fascists and Nazis,

Stating that Security Council liberations purpose is “to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region”,

Recognizing that Security Council Resolution #245 “Liberate KAISERREICH” had no effect on this KAISERREICH due to it not having a password and an active founder,

Bringing Attention to that condemnations are more effective at sending a warning to password-less regions than liberations,

Hereby Repeals Security Council Resolution #245 “Liberate KAISERREICH”.

If you are against this, please let me know why! ALL FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!
Last edited by Westfacto on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_-N-_
(0_o) ψ

Central Asian Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Central Asian Republics » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:05 am

At this point, it's futile. Whether you agree that KR is an actual fascist region or not, it's obvious that Liberate KAISERREICH will never be repealed, at least for now.

Westfacto wrote:Acknowledging that Security Council Resolution #245 “Liberate KAISERREICH” was passed to send a warning to Fascist and Nazi regions

This reads like filler. What I mean by that is how pointless it is to acknowledge a supposed positive of something that you want to repeal. If I were you, I'd change that line to something that describes the so-called "liberation" honestly, it is an act of political intimidation. There is no lying about that fact, whether you agree with the fact that they are Nazis or not, or whether Nazism is acceptable or not, the fact that is it meant to scare off anyone considered politically undesirable is undeniable.

Westfacto wrote:Praising the Security Council’s disapproval on regions that openly house and support Fascists and Nazis

What's good about this line is that it appeals to most of the SC. However, you should mention the controversy that was caused when labelling KR as a Fascist region, particularly the fact that many would consider KR not to be Fascist in their beliefs.

Westfacto wrote:Stating that Security Council liberations purpose is “to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region”

No problems here on your part, I just think the WA's proposal layouts are terrible in getting straight to the point.

This is just advice, you don't have to take it, but I recommend that you do.
This piece of text is here to grab your attention. Thank you for your attention.

Dwarfpolis
Envoy

Founded: Oct 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dwarfpolis » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:32 am

Not happening
You have read this siggy just so you could know that Trotterdam is a real Left-Leaning College State and a real hero

Ok this austerity bit will hurt my intelligence stat a little and this industrial option will bite the environment but it doesn't seem anything to bAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
https://i.imgur.com/KwZK4Mm.jpg

When you finally got out of your good stat depression and the mods will boost your HDI and lifespan into 91+ with the new beta
https://i.imgur.com/C5nuNya.jpg

Westfacto
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Westfacto » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:29 am

Central Asian Republics wrote:At this point, it's futile. Whether you agree that KR is an actual fascist region or not, it's obvious that Liberate KAISERREICH will never be repealed, at least for now.

Westfacto wrote:Acknowledging that Security Council Resolution #245 “Liberate KAISERREICH” was passed to send a warning to Fascist and Nazi regions

This reads like filler. What I mean by that is how pointless it is to acknowledge a supposed positive of something that you want to repeal. If I were you, I'd change that line to something that describes the so-called "liberation" honestly, it is an act of political intimidation. There is no lying about that fact, whether you agree with the fact that they are Nazis or not, or whether Nazism is acceptable or not, the fact that is it meant to scare off anyone considered politically undesirable is undeniable.

Westfacto wrote:Praising the Security Council’s disapproval on regions that openly house and support Fascists and Nazis

What's good about this line is that it appeals to most of the SC. However, you should mention the controversy that was caused when labelling KR as a Fascist region, particularly the fact that many would consider KR not to be Fascist in their beliefs.

Westfacto wrote:Stating that Security Council liberations purpose is “to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region”

No problems here on your part, I just think the WA's proposal layouts are terrible in getting straight to the point.

This is just advice, you don't have to take it, but I recommend that you do.

Thanks so much for responding! :hug:

1) I completely agree that the chances of this passing are slim. Do you think that I should just wait it out until other regions start to notice the negative effects of the liberation-condemnation hybrids? I mean the WA has a long history of flip-flopping repeals...?

2) I feel that the majority of the WA supports eliminating hate speech with the cost of free speech, and if I went that route there would be little support. I think that the majority of the WA will vote no on anything if it is in KAISERREICH's defense.

3) It seemed that the majority of criticism on other drafts (that failed) of this repeal was that KAISERREICH was a fascist region and it seems that the majority of WA supports eliminating an ideology than protecting regional sovereignty, so I honestly would love to put that in there but I think it would get little support due to the elevated levels of fascist/nazi hysteria. I made sure that I didn't directly call out KAISERREICH as a fascist/nazi region (which I personally think there are a large number of bad apples in that region) but to show gratitude with the overall disproval of fascism and Nazism.

4) Thanks for the advice! I might make different versions of this draft (maybe advocating for regional sovereignty and the support of a region's right to free speech) but at the time I am currently more focused on sending a message that liberations shouldn't be misused for political weapons.

I am trying to get a compromise that yes fascist/nazi regions are evil and bad, but liberations aren't the solution to the problem.
Last edited by Westfacto on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
_-N-_
(0_o) ψ

Westfacto
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Westfacto » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:39 am

Dwarfpolis wrote:Not happening

I appreciate the feedback. I would love to hear some more details/explanation about your thoughts about this repeal.
_-N-_
(0_o) ψ

Westfacto
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Westfacto » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:20 pm

I plan on submitting this on Wednesday, so if anyone else has anything they would like to contribute I would highly appreciate it!
_-N-_
(0_o) ψ

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:04 am

Westfacto wrote:I plan on submitting this on Wednesday, so if anyone else has anything they would like to contribute I would highly appreciate it!

I would wait. It's too early to try to pass it.
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Dwarfpolis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dwarfpolis » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:17 am

Westfacto wrote:
Dwarfpolis wrote:Not happening

I appreciate the feedback. I would love to hear some more details/explanation about your thoughts about this repeal.

The WA hates us cuz they ain' us, you can try to pass this and you will see I was right in the end. I appreciate your attempt but some sentiments cannot be prevailed upon.
You have read this siggy just so you could know that Trotterdam is a real Left-Leaning College State and a real hero

Ok this austerity bit will hurt my intelligence stat a little and this industrial option will bite the environment but it doesn't seem anything to bAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

When you finally got out of your good stat depression and the mods will boost your HDI and lifespan into 91+ with the new beta

Central Asian Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Central Asian Republics » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:01 am

Westfacto wrote:I plan on submitting this on Wednesday, so if anyone else has anything they would like to contribute I would highly appreciate it!

There are far too many proposals, enough that the list of submitted proposals spans 2 pages, like the other guy said, I would definitely wait.
This piece of text is here to grab your attention. Thank you for your attention.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:11 am

Westfacto wrote:I am trying to get a compromise that yes fascist/nazi regions are evil and bad, but liberations aren't the solution to the problem.

What is the solution, then?
The SC can do between three and six things, depending on how you count: commend, condemn, liberate, and repeal commendations, condemnations, and liberations. (I say between three and six because some might not count that as an action in and of itself, and others might count all three as separate actions.)
Commending them isn't a solution to anything, it's a reward. Condemnations are basically the same thing as commendations and everyone knows it. That leaves liberations, the only one of the three to actually do something.
I get what you're saying, but this is the only weapon we HAVE. If the SC gave us another tool to use here, then you might have a point with this, but they haven't, so we can't do anything but liberate them.

Dwarfpolis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dwarfpolis » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:14 am

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote: so we can't do anything but liberate them.

So still nothing?

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:55 am

Dwarfpolis wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote: so we can't do anything but liberate them.

So still nothing?

Nothing further regarding KReich, if that's what you're asking.

Dwarfpolis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dwarfpolis » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:37 am

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Dwarfpolis wrote:
So still nothing?

Nothing further regarding KReich, if that's what you're asking.

Basically the absolute state of the SC acting smug when we right here
Last edited by Dwarfpolis on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Westfacto
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Westfacto » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:00 am

Ack, okay so the general consensus is to wait a couple weeks. I guess I will wait until the Security Council queue clears up.
Thank you all for the feedback!
_-N-_
(0_o) ψ

Chricoma
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chricoma » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:05 am

Support, total support
It will look very nice with my Repeal Nazi Europa <3

Make sure though to say Bringing attention to
Last edited by Chricoma on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Violence is only justified when used against equal violence. If you ideology requires violence to establish it, you're wrong. I am a Roman Catholic, and I would consider myself economically liberal and very socially conservative. I am against any ideology that seeks to crush any person for any reason, and limit the potential of any person.

JOIN THE Official European Union
WE ARE A ROLEPLAY REGION!
BUT WE ALSO HAVE REGIONAL POLITICS AND A PARLIAMENT

Westfacto
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Westfacto » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Chricoma wrote:Support, total support

Thanks for pointing that out, I wish the best of luck with your proposal!
_-N-_
(0_o) ψ

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:14 pm

I will not be supporting this.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Westfacto
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Westfacto » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:52 pm

Solorni wrote:I will not be supporting this.

I appreciate the feedback. I would love to hear some more details about your thoughts about this repeal. Thanks!
_-N-_
(0_o) ψ

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:37 pm

First off, just a semantics point, I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of bolding random words in replies to people does.

ANYWAYS, I have to agree with someone upthread. The Security Council can't really do tangible stuff to regions.

K-Reich is one of the worst regions in the game, and has a history of supporting Nazi ideologies. The liberation needs to stand so that if the founder gets DEATed or gets bored of the game or something, something can be done about it.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Yep! Trainwrecks look best when they are happening at the same time <3
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Westfacto
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Westfacto » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:57 pm

Kurnugia wrote:

Yep! Trainwrecks look best when they are happening at the same time <3

I haven’t submitted this resolution yet. I appreciate all feedback and would love to hear more about why you are against this, thanks! <3
_-N-_
(0_o) ψ

Isvataan
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Isvataan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:40 pm

Hmm, should probably repeal this neo "liberation" soon (Or at the very least later)
Last edited by Isvataan on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terra Voltera
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Terra Voltera » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Isvataan wrote:Hmm, should probably repeal this neo "liberation" soon (Or at the very least later)

Did you really have to dig this back up? The liberation in place over kreich will not be repealed any time soon.
Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Former three time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 17 Security Council Resolutions.

Prussian Polish Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian Polish Commonwealth » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:34 pm

I'd love to support this.
But the current climate of the SC doesn't lend well to it.
Current leader is Kaiser King Crassus von Hohenzollern
Das Gemeinwesen des Königreichs Preußen, das Königreich Polen und das Großherzogtum Litauen

Our three anthems
Main Theme
War theme
Peace theme
Victory theme
Defeat theme

Embassy Program
A Level 12 civilization, according to this index.

Time: January 2016
NEWS
Prussia-Poland exits EU////Sejm grants Kingdom of Bavaria shared autonomy in Danzig///Royal Bavarian Navy set to expand///German 'No Borders' activists hold rally near border crossing, breach fence before broken up with cavalry charge///5000 Christian refugees taken in

Isvataan
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Isvataan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Prussian Polish Commonwealth wrote:I'd love to support this.
But the current climate of the SC doesn't lend well to it.

Very True, SC has fallen its grace due to this kind of sjw/pc stuff

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council