NATION

PASSWORD

Fantasy Sunalaya: The Informative Map Thread[Regional]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Ripuaria
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Fantasy Sunalaya: The Informative Map Thread[Regional]

Postby Ripuaria » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:49 am

Region · Map · Wiki (Coming Soon)

About |
A collaborative worldbuilding project aimed at creating a fantasy world with fascinating stories and intriguing mysteries. Be cooperative, invite others to write with you. The world is ours.
This is the thread to request map features and discuss the project. Brainstorm ideas for roleplays or even roleplaying games(d&d-esque). Discuss topics and concepts and reach the most interesting ideas.

Joining |
No sign up, application or RP example required. Simply telegram Ripuaria that you wish to join and I'll add you. Keep in mind that if I see fit I'll remove you or reject your request to join. Don't argue.
In any case: act good to your fellow RPers, listen and you should be completely fine.

Map Application |
This application is a catch-all application for cities, mountains, dungeons, castles and even factions. In case you want to mark territories, roads, rivers or anything that can't be displayed as a simple icon, simple describe how it is displayed in the icon section(is it a dotted line? a thick/thin line?)
Code: Select all
- Map Application -
Name:
Description:

Final Notes|
Feel free to telegram me for any questions or anything else you might want to discuss.
Last edited by Ripuaria on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Only high quality posts are provided here!*
*For complains TG me so I could ignore you :3

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:50 am

Members|
- Main Nation / Puppet Nation
- Ripuaria
- Rhodevus / Ispanza
- Tol Eresea
- Allentyr
- North Rukonia / The Order of the Silver Dragon
Last edited by Ripuaria on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:51 am

Map Locations|

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:51 am

Concepts|

Ispanza
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ispanza » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:58 am

tagging this.

I would also like to propose a topic of discussion to be the magical system in place to be used for this canon. A lot of history and world events depend on how the magic of this world happens, so I think this is a worthy first topic.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:59 am

Also tagging this with my primary nation, just in case
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:01 pm

Tol Eresea wanted to have a city-state whose goal was pursuit of magic and knowledge. Should collaborate with him on the magic system

The Order of the Silver Dragon
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Ripuaria wrote:Tol Eresea wanted to have a city-state whose goal was pursuit of magic and knowledge. Should collaborate with him on the magic system

That's basically what I am tho

Allentyr
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Allentyr » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Posting in thread because someone's TG box is full.

MAKE ME AN EMPIRE IN THE BIG MOUNTAIN RANGE

Capital of Snowcrest.

Pls.
Thx.
<3
Steam
Blazedtown wrote:I'll spell reaganomincs in your bathroom mirror in blood, and remove minorities from from your family photo albums

Sediczja wrote:
Basseemia wrote:You sound gross. Learn some hygiene.

Hey, showering is for little girls. You're not a real man until the rot on your crotch is an inch thick.

Mefpan wrote:I don't think we need a source to prove that the economy is interconnected and doesn't run on muahahahaium, the secret element that comes into existence whenever someone hatches a nefarious plan.

Emperial Germany wrote:
Greater Weselton wrote:Would you like her to show up in your bedroom at 3:00 A.M. in full witch attire?

Would you like me to show up in your bedroom at 3:00 A.M in full Joker attire?

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:46 pm

Allentyr wrote:Posting in thread because someone's TG box is full.

MAKE ME AN EMPIRE IN THE BIG MOUNTAIN RANGE

Capital of Snowcrest.

Pls.
Thx.
<3

Its not cause my tg box is full, it's cause I'm not home until Thursday :p

The Order of the Silver Dragon wrote:
Ripuaria wrote:Tol Eresea wanted to have a city-state whose goal was pursuit of magic and knowledge. Should collaborate with him on the magic system

That's basically what I am tho

Seems like everyone right now are doing that. We should have various factions racing to find magical artifacts as the first storyline!

Librira
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Librira » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:47 pm

tag
Librira is a Democratic-Syndicalist nation
Sunalaya's Corentian Nationalist - Corentia is the Superior Continent!
Member of Sunalaya
Information, If you like.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:16 pm

awkwardly when I am a school for magic and knowledge...

everyone in this canon will be exactly the same. xD
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Felsinia
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Felsinia » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:42 pm

tag

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:11 pm

We should decide on a magic system

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:22 pm

The Order of the Silver Dragon wrote:We should decide on a magic system

We really should.

I do have a bit of one written down in Ispanza's Fallow Hills Academy factbook, that allows for a wide range of magics and magical peoples. But it doesn't incorporate anything other than humans into it, so all else would need to be figured out on top of it
She/Her

Factbook

Shastara
Spokesperson

Founded: May 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shastara » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:25 pm

- Map Application -
Name: The Grand Shanate of Mhutandaq

Description: A formally grand empire now mostly in ruins, Mhutandaq lays on the coast of the Tusian desert. At its height The Mhutandaq Empire spread across the desert until scholars at the university of Fhazzaz attempted to create a means for eternal life. This disastrous experiment resulted in the destruction of the entire Fhazzaz region, a dark cloud of energy now hangs over the region with the Phazzaz university in the center of it. The Empire then suffered multiple magical disasters, both accidental and intentional. The Fhazzaz incident inspired others to attempt similar magical feats, the drying up of the Tandaq oasis forced the populace to abandon the city, the attempt of the life of the Shah en Shah that leveled Dandaq, and many over over the century cased the Empire to recede to the outer coast region with the capitol of Phondaq and the city of Ghandaq being the last great Mhutandaqani cities. The Empire now spans several hundred miles of coast and desert with dozens of small towns and villages scattered between the two cities. Magic was deemed the reason the Mhutandaqi Empire almost collapsed and has been outlawed in all forms and treated with extreme prejudice. Mhutandaq is ruled by the Shah en Shah or King of Kings, the current Shah en Shah is Dhamar Al-Sayf Richad Dolmani. Dhamar's health is rapidly deteriorating and his sons are eager to take the throne for themselves, the future of Mhutandaq is unclear....

The upper red rectangle is the city of Phondaq and the lower one is Ghandaq

Icon: City? idk

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
The Order of the Silver Dragon wrote:We should decide on a magic system

We really should.

I do have a bit of one written down in Ispanza's Fallow Hills Academy factbook, that allows for a wide range of magics and magical peoples. But it doesn't incorporate anything other than humans into it, so all else would need to be figured out on top of it

I could be based on size. Like ants would be a .01 with dragons are like a 100

Ispanza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ispanza » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
We really should.

I could be based on size. Like ants would be a .01 with dragons are like a 100

what could be based on size?
and what do those numbers represent? amount of magic? amount of magical potential?
or is it some sort of alchemy system, where you need to harvest a certain amount of number to get enough magic for something?

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:47 pm

Ispanza wrote:
The Order of the Silver Dragon wrote:I could be based on size. Like ants would be a .01 with dragons are like a 100

and what do those numbers represent? amount of magic? amount of magical potential?
or is it some sort of alchemy system, where you need to harvest a certain amount of number to get enough magic for something?

I was talking about the magical system you have in your fallow hills factbook. We could do something else.

Ispanza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ispanza » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:06 pm

Ispanza wrote:

I was talking about the magical system you have in your fallow hills factbook. We could do something else.

oh lol. I completely forgot about the numbers I put in. Those are more based on what the user experiences while using the magic itself.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Ispanza wrote:
The Order of the Silver Dragon wrote:I was talking about the magical system you have in your fallow hills factbook. We could do something else.

oh lol. I completely forgot about the numbers I put in. Those are more based on what the user experiences while using the magic itself.

Ahh, okay. What if we had like, a "magical capacity" and gifted people had a higher capacity. If a spell had a rating above your capacity, you just couldn't cast it.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:14 pm

Ispanza wrote:

Ahh, okay. What if we had like, a "magical capacity" and gifted people had a higher capacity. If a spell had a rating above your capacity, you just couldn't cast it.

That could be cool. And there could be ways to increase your capacity. From schooling, to alchemical potions, to special totems/objects, to dark magic (by killing and absorbing the capacity from someone else! :D)

Ya, I quite like that
She/Her

Factbook

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Silver Dragon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
The Order of the Silver Dragon wrote:Ahh, okay. What if we had like, a "magical capacity" and gifted people had a higher capacity. If a spell had a rating above your capacity, you just couldn't cast it.

That could be cool. And there could be ways to increase your capacity. From schooling, to alchemical potions, to special totems/objects, to dark magic (by killing and absorbing the capacity from someone else! :D)

Ya, I quite like that

And if you tried to cast a spell above your capacity, you do anything from fall asleep for several months to due gruesomely in an explosion of flesh and blood? Also, potions would probably be temporary

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Rhodevus wrote:

Ya, I quite like that

And if you tried to cast a spell above your capacity, you do anything from fall asleep for several months to due gruesomely in an explosion of flesh and blood? Also, potions would probably be temporary

yes. I like it!
She/Her

Factbook

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pantorrum » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:45 pm

- Map Application -
Name: The Elven Kingdom of Lylhorion
Description: Lylhorion is an ancient city occupied by a pure elven society. The city itself is constructed from brilliant white stone that shines across the valley in sun or moonlight. It is perched on the edge of a cliff, surrounded by a constantly guarded wall. Within the city are over 8,000 elves. Next to it, the great Lylhorion River rages past them, carrying water down towards the ocean hundreds of miles away. The valley is rich with animal life and foliage. Dense trees cover the ground as far as the valley stretches. Spotted throughout it are 5 small villages, each with no more than a thousand elves. Crossing the landscape from town to town are small stone roads, all converging in the city of Lylhorion. It was the capital of a once great and mighty Elven Empire, that stretched for hundreds of miles beyond the horizon. The great kingdom would fall from within after the arrival of Humans on the peninsula.

The Lylhorion Elves have isolated themselves from the world for 3 millennia, guarding their lands and warding off intruders. Wise and with lifespans that stretch indefinitely, they have remained largely secret to the world today. Only legends of the Lylhorion Elves remain outside their secluded and hidden kingdom, tales of a once glorious nation. Having since far waned from their peak, few of them remain.
To keep away intruders and protect their pure society, the Lylhorion Elves have cast a powerful defensive magic that wards off evil and the unwelcome. By various means, the spell keeps away anyone that the elves don't wish to enter. Rockslides, animal attacks, illnesses, and disorientation ward off or turn around foreigners before they get to see the valley itself.

The valley is often regarded as a mystical place, with many in the past working furiously to reach it. Entire armies had been turned away, and for 3,000 years not a soul has laid eyes on a Lylhorion Elf or the secret valley. Some brave and daring explorers have attempted many times in recent centuries to reach Lylhorion, but none have succeeded.

The Lylhorion Elves are an extremely proud and unified people, universally viewing all other races as inferior to their own. They look upon humans as the lowest of all. Fancying others as 'mortal' and with utter disregard for the outside world, the elves are perfectly satisfied in the safety of the valley. Some are very powerful magic users, and are considered beings of light and pureness. Lylhorion Elves are extremely light on their feet, agile, and stronger than one might expect. Their appearance does not change with age, and all have long and blonde hair. Their skin is pale and their eyes universally blue. Most males are gifted in some form of combat.

Ruled by a King, who is advised by a small and appointed court, the elves live happily under their proud and unbroken line of monarchs. The current King of Lylhorion, King Lúthon, has reigned for nearly 5 centuries, and is approached 2 millennia in age. He is descendent from the first Lylhorion King over 10 millennia ago. The Royal Court, despite keeping the kingdom disconnected from the world, has kept a close eye on the rest of Sunalaya. Watching with magical orbs and with cloaked agents, they have seen kingdoms rise and fall, peoples come and go, and have all the while taken measures to leave their own realm undisturbed.

Icon: Perhaps a tree, maybe like this: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/24/57/39/2457 ... celtic.jpg
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information