NATION

PASSWORD

Europeian Embassy - In Solidarity

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Europeian Embassy
Attaché

Founded: Jan 16, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europeian Embassy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:21 pm

]Image
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact Information (TG): [nation=short]Vaculatestar[/nation]

(Europeia, March 4, 2018) - It was another active week for Europeia with developments ranging from mid-term addresses to the opening of an election. Once again all of these developments and events are collected here for your Sunday morning reading pleasure.

On February 25, the Ministry of the Interior released an address to the region. In this speech Minister Punchwood detailed the work of the ministry over the course of the term, which included an improvement to efforts integrating newcomers, and his disappointment in recruitment efforts. He also thanked contributors to the Ministry over the course of the term.

On February 26, the Ministry of Culture released its week 6 weekend games winners. On Friday two games of Cards Against Humanity were played, with Olde Delaware winning game one and Sopo winning game two. On Saturday four games of Secret Hitler were played, with the Fascists and Liberals winning two games each. On Sunday two games of Scribbl.io were played, with Prim winning game one and Olde Delaware winning game two. Congratulations to the winners!

On February 27, Vice President Writinglegend released a statement concerning the ERN Reserve Squadron. This statement essentially served as a recruitment drive to grow the Reserve Squadron which is key in helping secure operations after an initial strike is made. You may sign up for the ERN Reserve Squadron here.

On February 28, The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs released a midterm statement. This statement served to recap the events of the term including the revamp of the IFV drafting process, the Delegate Ducky Awards, and the Ministries efforts to engage with the citizenry. Ervald was appointed as a Deputy Minister in charge of spotting proposals that are going to vote and liaising between the Ministry and the regions partners in WALL.

On March 1, standing for the Citizens' Assembly Chair election began. As of the time of this writing, Punchwood, Alan Lee, and Locustofchan have stood for Chair. You may sign up for this election here. Voting will be held on March 9.

On March 2, the Senate passed the Presidential Option Removal Amendment (2018). This Amendment allows for a President, but not the entirety of the Executive Branch, to be dismissed from office via referendum. Senator GraVandius proposed the Pre-Reading Discussion Amendment. Which essentially requires a full Senate vote for legislation in the pre-reading stage to be tabled. In addition, discussion on "The Assembly Plan" continued and several proposals were tabled.

Also on March 2, the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation released a poll on Executive approval, the upcoming Citizens' Assembly Chair election, and Presidential election speculation. The poll is open to all citizens and will close on March 5.

###

More news from the Europeian Broadcasting Corporation available here: http://s6.zetaboards.com/Europeia/forum/4010143/

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Ooh, let's read these statement- You do not have permission to access this topic.

oh

okay then

:(
Malphe Vytherov

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Malphe wrote:Ooh, let's read these statement- You do not have permission to access this topic.

oh

okay then

:(
This is how the get all these people on their forum :p

I would note that the [nation=short] tag doesn’t work on the forums... actually I don’t think it does on-site anymore either. But yeah, just use the [nation] tag
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Sarakart
Envoy

Founded: May 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarakart » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Congratulations to Europeia for their successful election :) https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=997635
World Assembly Delegate for the Sufficient Union.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:52 am

This seems like the right place to pose this question:

When did Europeia's policy (found here, here, and here) on working with The Invaders and The Kingdom of Great Britain change? And more importantly, why?

Nothing has changed in the leadership of The Invaders, and The Kingdom of Great Britain really hasn't done much to demonstrate that it has definitively turned the page on its past. I can't see any justification for reversing longstanding policies of not working with either region, but especially The Invaders.

Hopefully this was just a mistake by someone unfamiliar with these policies. If so, that's fair enough, but it should be clarified.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:This seems like the right place to pose this question:

When did Europeia's policy (found here, here, and here) on working with The Invaders and The Kingdom of Great Britain change? And more importantly, why?

Nothing has changed in the leadership of The Invaders, and The Kingdom of Great Britain really hasn't done much to demonstrate that it has definitively turned the page on its past. I can't see any justification for reversing longstanding policies of not working with either region, but especially The Invaders.

Hopefully this was just a mistake by someone unfamiliar with these policies. If so, that's fair enough, but it should be clarified.

Not sure why you're surprised, they made all that fuss about TKoGB and then literally elected Vac internally how quickly?

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:40 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:

Not sure why you're surprised, they made all that fuss about TKoGB and then literally elected Vac internally how quickly?

Vac is a person, though, not a region. I would rather wait to hear back from them before jumping to conclusions. It's possible someone in their military leadership was simply unfamiliar with their policies regarding TI and TKoGB, so if that's the case, fine, as long as they remedy the issue.

I will note though that Vac was present on the raid and should have been all too familiar with these policies, so there is that.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:41 am

Your statement’s meaning hangs gravely in the balance of your opinion on whether or not association by proxy is really association.
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:47 am

Vulturret wrote:

Your statement’s meaning hangs gravely in the balance of your opinion on whether or not association by proxy is really association.

Europeia's past policy statements make clear that they won't work with TI or TKoGB in any capacity. They specifically say that. So no, this isn't really a matter of interpretation -- they said they wouldn't work with them in any capacity, but now they are. Again, if that was a mistake, so be it, but let's not pretend their policy was "we won't work with them, unless someone else invites them." Their policy was "we won't work with them." Full stop.

In light of this, military and diplomatic relations of any kind between the signatories and The Invaders are hereby suspended, if applicable, indefinitely. We will not tolerate any action with this despicable organization.
Writinglegend wrote:I would like to undeniably stress that Europeia will not be working with the Kingdom of Great Britain in any form. We will not partake in any military operations with them. We will not be diplomatically cooperating. Our forum embassy with them will be closed.

While you're here, you may also want to consider why The Ragerian Imperium is working with TI and TKoGB, given that no one else in gameplay will.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kyorgia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kyorgia » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:52 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:While you're here, you may also want to consider why your region is working with TI and TKoGB, given that no one else in gameplay will.

A raider region working with other raider regions how dare they
Kyorgia Kyosson-Hartwell Vonimof

Altasund - I'd def fuck kyo

King HEM
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 07, 2007

Postby King HEM » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:54 am

This was an operational error from our Naval Command. Europeian civilian leadership certainly did not approve of the mission and were only made aware of it happening after the fact.

It was not the right decision, I, of course, take full responsibility as President, and our policy remains the same as it has always been.

tl;dr = Mistakes happen, thanks for asking for clarification, actions going forward will reflect the long-standing policy.
HEM

Founder of Europeia
Former Vice Delegate of The South Pacific
Raider sympathizer, NS media guru, not relevant since 2009

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:55 am

King HEM wrote:

This was an operational error from our Naval Command. Europeian civilian leadership certainly did not approve of the mission and were only made aware of it happening after the fact.

It was not the right decision, I, of course, take full responsibility as President, and our policy remains the same as it has always been.

tl;dr = Mistakes happen, thanks for asking for clarification, actions going forward will reflect the long-standing policy.

Thank you, HEM. I appreciate the clarification and that the situation will be rectified, and I'm sure others do as well.

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2012

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:08 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:Not sure why you're surprised, they made all that fuss about TKoGB and then literally elected Vac internally how quickly?

Vac is a person, though, not a region. I would rather wait to hear back from them before jumping to conclusions. It's possible someone in their military leadership was simply unfamiliar with their policies regarding TI and TKoGB, so if that's the case, fine, as long as they remedy the issue.

I will note though that Vac was present on the raid and should have been all too familiar with these policies, so there is that.

To be clear. I made Drex aware of the fact that KoGB was present like 1-2 hours prior to update beginning, I also asked him if he would be in trouble if we participated jointly in such a manner. However in Drex's defense, an embassy application, which has been withdrawn since the events of last night occurred, was lodged by the Foreign Secretary of KoGB, so it is fair to say that Drex assumed things were normalizing again and did not think anything of it. As for TI, if I'm honest, I believe both myself and Drex thought they were dead before last night. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention, but I just don't hear from them anymore at all. I also was not aware of the TI policy, Euro's position on TI was never a point of interest for me.

It's also fair to say that it isn't my job to make sure Europeian cabinet members follow their own governments policies, but there I was doing it, and there you are giving me flak for not doing it.
Last edited by Vaculatestar64 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:50 pm

Vaculatestar64 wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Vac is a person, though, not a region. I would rather wait to hear back from them before jumping to conclusions. It's possible someone in their military leadership was simply unfamiliar with their policies regarding TI and TKoGB, so if that's the case, fine, as long as they remedy the issue.

To be clear. I made Drex aware of the fact that KoGB was present like 1-2 hours prior to update beginning, I also asked him if he would be in trouble if we participated jointly in such a manner. However in Drex's defense, an embassy application, which has been withdrawn since the events of last night occurred, was lodged by the Foreign Secretary of KoGB, so it is fair to say that Drex assumed things were normalizing again and did not think anything of it. As for TI, if I'm honest, I believe both myself and Drex thought they were dead before last night. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention, but I just don't hear from them anymore at all. I also was not aware of the TI policy, Euro's position on TI was never a point of interest for me.

It's also fair to say that it isn't my job to make sure Europeian cabinet members follow their own governments policies, but there I was doing it, and there you are giving me flak for not doing it.

I noted that you should have been aware of the policy. I didn't give you flak -- you've seen what me giving flak looks like, and that wasn't it.

That said, I apologize for making assumptions about you. From what HEM said it looks like this was all just a big misunderstanding, so it's fine.

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2012

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:53 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Vaculatestar64 wrote:

I noted that you should have been aware of the policy. I didn't give you flak -- you've seen what me giving flak looks like, and that wasn't it.

That said, I apologize for making assumptions about you. From what HEM said it looks like this was all just a big misunderstanding, so it's fine.

It's fine, I guess I just was a little more annoyed and came off rougher than I probably should have for the situation at hand.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:26 pm

That was a more peaceful resolution than I expected
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Europeian Embassy
Attaché

Founded: Jan 16, 2017

Re: The Roman Empire

Postby Europeian Embassy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Condemnation of Bigotry — statement on the recent controversy regarding The Roman Empire
from the desk of the Europeian President
2 April 2018

--
Earlier today, the Council of Hawks announced that they were blacklisting The Roman Empire as well as The Roman Empire leaders, Emperor Plagentine and Legatus Festavo, for discriminatory comments considered too inappropriate to be posted publicly.

After having seen the evidence, Europeia joins the Black Hawks in their position. Our embassy with The Roman Empire is hereby ordered to be closed and all dignitaries expelled. Europeia shall not work with The Roman Empire in any fashion, nor shall we work with any region that gives The Roman Empire aid or comfort. Emperor Plagentine is declared persona non grata, and shall not be permitted access to our forum, or any off-site communications platform under our jurisdiction. As for Festavo, we have determined that his is an administrative issue that I, personally, will recuse myself from in order to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

To give a little context to what exactly has spurred all of this to occur, I want to talk very briefly about myself. I grew up in an extremely conservative corner of the country. I went to church and sat in the front pews every single Sunday. I probably figured out I was gay when I was 12 or 13, and I hated myself for it. I tried to suppress it, push it down, I wanted more than anything to be “normal”. I had never met another gay person, I didn’t know they existed, I didn’t know they could be happy, that they could be “normal”.

But then, I started playing more and more Nationstates. I got to know people from all across the world. People different from me. Eventually, I even got to know LGBTQ+ people. I saw them as Prime Ministers, as Kings, and as everyday friendly fellow gamers. That was important.

It took me another six years to finally accept myself for who I was, but seeing people like me in a safe place was important. It will always be important.

Those safe places cannot exist so long as those who think that we should “shoot” LGBTQ+ people, or give them custom Discord masks labeled “idiot”. They cannot exist so long as those who open up about their LGBTQ+ experiences are mocked in private by “leaders” who lack the guts to air their offensive views in the public view of those more courageous and intelligent than they should ever hope to be.

The Republic of Europeia will do our best to ensure that the NationStates community you find is a safe one. For all those citizens who identify as LGBTQ+, I promise, your government will always have your back.

President of the Europeian Republic

Oakrugia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Oakrugia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:05 pm

As a gay man as well, I feel much prejudice from real life as a "non-average" kind of person, way more different from what I've experienced when I said I was gay in NationStates. Thank you for sharing this story to many other Gameplayers in this forum, and I hope TRE will take a perspective from their actions.
@Mad-Eye Jack, You have voted to lynch Hyungie Oak.
Hi, I'm Oak. I just returned to NationStates after being away for 5 years(?)
Bye.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:37 pm

This is good, hope to hear the update on Fest in the near future :)

Alkasia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alkasia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:59 pm

Being pansexual myself, I've always appreciated the support that the NS community has provided for me and the rest of the LGBT+ community, and I'm glad to see that hasn't changed.

Thanks for the statement, and good decision.
Former Delegate of XKI, current Reject with a penchant for murder.
Defender Romeo
Democratic Socialist
Koth wrote:Alk resembles some sort of slime mold that asexually reproduces scum, as is standard for XKI natives
Cormactopia Prime wrote:You're silly. I miss the XKI veterans who knew how to appropriately deal with raiders.
Kanglia wrote:Can confirm lynching Alk is the most satisfying thing. :p
Sarakart wrote:What a time to be alive. Welcome to the legislative revolution, the liberation wars have begun.

In reference to XKI's Embassy thread:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:"Something you thought you'd never see for $3000, Alex."

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Mon May 07, 2018 10:36 pm

After recent events shining light on a small subset of the NationStates community spreading hate, Europeia will be celebrating love, pride, and diversity from May 11 to 14 with its first-ever EuroPride Festival. Everyone from the NS world, regardless of political ideology or beliefs, is encouraged and welcome to join us as we celebrate inclusiveness and LGBTQ+ players.

Throughout the festival, Europeians and fellow NSers will make speeches and share their experiences as an LGBTQ+ player and how NS has impacted their life and identity. Allies of the LGBTQ+ community will also be encouraged to make speeches and talk about the importance of inclusion and solidarity. There will be a special section of our Discord server created for the festival where people can socialize, including a "LGBTQVC" for voice chat. There will be a radio show on May 12 featuring LGBTQ+ players discussing their experiences in NS and the next steps to take as allies and members of the LGBTQ+ community.

EuroPride is about the people. Our festival will be full of games and radio shows. Our usual “Weekend Games” will cover all four days of the festival. These games include Cards Against Humanity, Town of Salem, Tiny Tanks, and Haxball, along with radio games and social shows. With the Discord server, this will be sure to be an event focused on community participation.

Join our Forum
Join our Discord Server

Join us for Radio Broadcasts
http://mixlr.com/ebc-radio/

Friday, May 11 at 9pm EDT: Two Truths and a Lie with Sopo & Friends

Saturday, May 12 at 8pm EDT: LGBTQ+ in NationStates with HEM (President of Europeia), Josh (Tech Minister of Gay), Kuramia (Europeian Minister of Communications), and Jay (Major and Overseer of Blade Corps, member of the Council of Hawks)

Monday, May 14 at 10pm EDT: Fortune Telling with Calvin Coolidge & Friends

Thanks to Jay for making the banner!
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 am

Ambrella wrote:

After recent events shining light on a small subset of the NationStates community spreading hate, Europeia will be celebrating love, pride, and diversity from May 11 to 14 with its first-ever EuroPride Festival. Everyone from the NS world, regardless of political ideology or beliefs, is encouraged and welcome to join us as we celebrate inclusiveness and LGBTQ+ players.

Are those who are persona non grata in Europeia permitted to participate?

I won't complain if not, but as a gay NationStates player I certainly would love to participate. Best of luck with the event, regardless!

Ambrella
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Ambrella » Tue May 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Ambrella wrote:

Are those who are persona non grata in Europeia permitted to participate?

I won't complain if not, but as a gay NationStates player I certainly would love to participate. Best of luck with the event, regardless!

Folks with PNG designation will be able to access the section of the forum where the festival is held. While we reserve the right to revoke that access, we want this event to be as inclusive as possible.
Sopo, former big wig of Europeia and denizen of Bloopsjooj.

Kuramia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 18, 2011

Postby Kuramia » Wed May 09, 2018 7:36 pm

I'm really looking forward to celebrating the LGBTQ+ community here on NationStates. I hope you all will come join us for some fun and conversation!
Trust me.

Grand Admiral of the ERN of Europeia

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Wed May 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Kuramia wrote:I'm really looking forward to celebrating the LGBTQ+ community here on NationStates. I hope you all will come join us for some fun and conversation!

Looks like a cool event and love the logo :)

Fortune telling....**closes eyes and offers palm**
Last edited by Escade on Wed May 09, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay