NATION

PASSWORD

For Honor And Justice ☆ CLOSED, SEE PAGE 16

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Forest State wrote:The concept isn't bad but these seem like there's a lot of pretty powerful abilities. Might want to cut it down so each spirit covers one or two things.

Dragon will always be the most powerful, and the Asian ones only come every twelve years so I tried to make them more powerful. I cut back some of the European ones, but again some lent naturally to their abilities and some were difficult. In the end, she only has access to two zodiac signs at a time, and she doesn't get to control when she uses each power, so to me at least it seems like an effective drawback.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:56 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Forest State wrote:The concept isn't bad but these seem like there's a lot of pretty powerful abilities. Might want to cut it down so each spirit covers one or two things.

Dragon will always be the most powerful, and the Asian ones only come every twelve years so I tried to make them more powerful. I cut back some of the European ones, but again some lent naturally to their abilities and some were difficult. In the end, she only has access to two zodiac signs at a time, and she doesn't get to control when she uses each power, so to me at least it seems like an effective drawback.

I think it's more the fact that you have so many powers per sign. Stick to three at the most.
yea bro idk

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:58 pm

Segral wrote:
Auphelia wrote:

I think it's more the fact that you have so many powers per sign. Stick to three at the most.

Ohhhhhhh . . . I see!

EDIT: Okay, I got everything below three. Phew.
Last edited by Auphelia on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Auphelia wrote:

I don't even know why you'd need both the European AND Asia signs. I mean, just one of them seems to supply plenty of alright powers to work with.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Uh, not sure if I want to get back into superhero stuff but I might give this a try

tagged
Last edited by The Land of Golden Blobfish on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:04 pm

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Uh, not sure if I want to get back into superhero stuff but I might give this a try

tagged

I'd say we're a bit different from the average superhero RP. Well, I haven't been in other active ones for awhile, but the RP that this is a reboot of was more balanced and had a lot of strategy elements. And by that I mean your decisions really did mater and you could completely tank a mission by going down the wrong path. No punches were pulled in combat, either.
don't tread on me

Computer Lab
Envoy

Founded: Mar 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Computer Lab » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:07 pm

Forest State wrote:
The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Uh, not sure if I want to get back into superhero stuff but I might give this a try

tagged

I'd say we're a bit different from the average superhero RP. Well, I haven't been in other active ones for awhile, but the RP that this is a reboot of was more balanced and had a lot of strategy elements. And by that I mean your decisions really did mater and you could completely tank a mission by going down the wrong path. No punches were pulled in combat, either.

To expand on that a little bit, we had several people die because they decided to walk out of cover or antagonize someone while in a vulnerable position.

An entire mission was tanked in the first 5 seconds of combat.

Expect to have to think.

I'll see if I can fit this into my schedule. Definitely picking somebody with more range than Mike. He was cool as a concept, near useless in the field.
Please, call me Phil.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Computer Lab wrote:
Forest State wrote:I'd say we're a bit different from the average superhero RP. Well, I haven't been in other active ones for awhile, but the RP that this is a reboot of was more balanced and had a lot of strategy elements. And by that I mean your decisions really did mater and you could completely tank a mission by going down the wrong path. No punches were pulled in combat, either.

To expand on that a little bit, we had several people die because they decided to walk out of cover or antagonize someone while in a vulnerable position.

An entire mission was tanked in the first 5 seconds of combat.

Expect to have to think.

I'll see if I can fit this into my schedule. Definitely picking somebody with more range than Mike. He was cool as a concept, near useless in the field.

Pfft. I need to continue the tradition of having niche characters with niche powers.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:37 am

Tag. You know my timezone is bullshit, so I'll app tomorrow after work.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 am

On a side note, going to stray from my norm and make a naive Hero who wholeheartedly believes in the good in people. Literally will live up to the title of this RP "For Honor And Justice"!

Maybe love too if I'm feeling especially good about it.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:55 am

This is a WIP

A P P L I C A T I O N

VITALS
Name: Branimira Kadijevic (Бранимира Кадијевић)
Pseudonym/Nickname(s): Bora
Build: 160 cm, 50 kg
Appearance: A natural albino. Has airbending tattoos on arms and legs.

ABILITIES
Equipment: Specially designed rapier made of a high-strength, high-flexibility material that makes a loud whistling sound when exposed to wind or swung rapidly - the material is flexible enough to be bent by hand, but strong enough to be stabbed into a concrete wall without taking damage, and sharp enough to cut said concrete. At a high enough wind speed, its 'whistling' can shatter glass. She further has a metal fan made of a similar, but less flexible, material that she uses to further enhance her air manipulation abilities.
Primary Ability: Air manipulation - Branimira's primary ability is the manipulation of air, an ability she has honed to a great degree and exercised to great strength. Comparable in many ways to an airbender's ability from the Avatar animated series, she is capable of generating hurricane-force winds, balancing on a moving sphere of air, and something akin to flight.
Other Abilities: As can be expected, Branimira is considered something of an expert in the martial art of baguazhang, as well as with the rapier.

DETAILS
Nationality: Croatian
Hometown: Split, Split-Dalmatia
Greatest Desire: Being a heroine is a goal in and of itself to Branimira, her 'goal' as it is is to have a long career as such.
Greatest Fear: Dying in fear
Sexuality: Lesbian
Skills: Expert fencer and highly skilled martial artist
Flaws: Absolutely rubbish with a firearm, her precision with air manipulation is greatly tied to her emotional state. Albinism means she has to use high-strength sunblock or she'll burn to a crisp.

PERSONAL
Personality: A relaxed, go-with-the-flow sort of person most of the time, but displays the typical Balkan drive to be fiercely nationalistic among other Balkans and when football is being discussed. Naturally curious. Loyal, though not afraid to point out the stupidity of those she's loyal to. Driven largely by logic. A bit of a geek.
Biography: (Should be at least two paragraphs.)

#FHAJApp
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:55 am

Imperial--japan wrote:On a side note, going to stray from my norm and make a naive Hero who wholeheartedly believes in the good in people. Literally will live up to the title of this RP "For Honor And Justice"!

Maybe love too if I'm feeling especially good about it.

Make sure to have a campy costume involving spandex and a cape.
don't tread on me

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Tag
The cycle continues
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

WIP

Postby Segral » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:17 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N

VITALS
Name: Mike Manson
Pseudonym/Nickname(s): Drawer
Build: 5'6, 130 lbs, ectomorph
Appearance:

ABILITIES
Equipment: (Not just random items, but things that are relevant to their work, such as weapons, armor, etc.)

Primary Ability: Mike has an extremely interesting ability. He can create objects and things that he draws. For example, if he's feeling hungry, he can draw a bowl of soup and there it will be. If he's in danger, he'll draw a gun. The accuracy and success rate of his drawings comes from how detailed they are. For example, a stick figure policeman will make a very thin, scrawny, and weak policeman, and might not actually appear, but a well-drawn portrait of a policeman with weapons, radios, and possibly a vehicle intact, it will create a better and more accurate policeman.

Worse or messier drawings will yield worse results, and the can become a nuisance in battle, when well-drawn creations are hard to make with all the, ya know, chaos going on. As well, he's pretty much a sitting duck while drawing, and needs someone to aggro or cover for him so he doesn't get himself killed by a stray bullet.

Other Abilities: N/A

DETAILS
Nationality: American
Hometown: Portland, Oregon
Greatest Desire: To find someone or something to help him rediscover his family and connections.
Greatest Fear: Never finding his family again.
Sexuality: Heterosexual.
Skills:
Flaws:

PERSONAL
Personality:
Biography: (Should be at least two paragraphs.)

#FHAJApp
Last edited by Segral on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
yea bro idk

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N

VITALS
Name: Samirah Satrapi
Pseudonym/Nickname(s): Marionette
Build: 1.75 metres tall, 55kg
Appearance: Underneath her costume she is a Persian girl with black hair and eyes and delicate features.

ABILITIES
Equipment: Her costume (wool, lace, and silk), Kevlar armour underneath the costume, several large titanium alloy needles attached to spools of strengthened string

Primary Ability:
Inanimate Object Animation - She is able to bring to life and control inanimate objects made of fabric, wood, stone, or metal. She cannot control plastics, though she has control with synthetic fabrics. She has a range of about 100 metres where she can animate objects, and objects that she has animated cannot leave a 300 metre radius around her for more than an hour or they will de-animate. She can animate a theoretically unlimited number of objects, but the 300 metre radius and the fact that she can only focus on so many things at a time make her much more limited in actually using the objects. If she is knocked unconscious her objects will not de-animate, but lose all standing orders and simply wander around until they either leave her animation influence zone and then de-animate or she wakes up and resumes control.

Other Abilities:
Inanimate Object Strengthening - She is able to expand and grow inanimate objects, with fabrics being the only type of object affected growth-wise. She has to be touching them for this power to work. She typically uses this on her signature stuffed animals. If she is knocked unconscious the objects will deflate over a ten minute period until they are both de-animated and normal sized.

Inanimate Object Telekinesis - She is able to manipulate very small (writing utensil size or less) inanimate objects around her within a ten metre radius of herself.

Split Attention - Probably a byproduct of her other powers to keep her sanity, she is able to multitask to a superhuman level, able to focus on up to twenty individual events at once.

DETAILS
Nationality: Iranian
Hometown: Tehran
Greatest Desire: To keep her family safe
Greatest Fear: To die or lose her powers
Sexuality: She's too busy for love, but far be it from her to deny that men and women are attractive.
Skills: She is skilled at sewing, knitting and crocheting, she is intelligent, she can speak English, French, and Farsi.
Flaws: While reasonably fit she is untrained in combat or using weapons, her loyalty lies first and foremost with her family

PERSONAL
Personality: Gentle, friendly, fiercely loyal to her family, loves the American television show 30 Rock
Biography:
Born in Tehran to a father, mother, three siblings, and an assortment of twenty or so family members and friends so close they practically were family. Her father was a political journalist employed by the BBC to write online news articles about Middle Eastern politics, but this was never quite enough to support a family of five, so Samirah, her older sibling, and their mother worked for a tailoring shop one of her aunts ran. She would work at the tailoring shop, go to school and lived a fairly peaceful and happy life. That is, until she was 12, when her father wrote an op-ed piece about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. It was a scathing critique on how Ahmadinejad had rigged the elections and was leading the country to ruin. The day after the article was published Samirah, her siblings, and her cousins came home one day to find their houses completely trashed and three of their uncles and one of their aunts dead, with the rest of the family who stayed at home barricaded in one of the bedrooms. The tailoring shop was also destroyed, but her aunt and older cousins had been on break when the attack happened. This was clearly a sign that her father was to stop casting doubt on the president, but Samirah's father was made of tougher stuff. He vowed that he would keep doing what he had been doing, not to be silenced, but he wasn't stupid. A child of the revolution, he knew that writing from afar was just as effective, so in the next few months he applied for his family to move to France. In preparation the children's mothers and aunts began to teach them French, as they had gone to French schools before they had been closed during the revolution. However the family's application was denied, so they began to realise they would have to make do with what they had. For another few months life continued, and her father continued to speak out against the government.

Four months later, her aunts tailoring shop was attacked again, but this time it wasn't empty. Samirah and two of her older cousins were working that day while their aunt was at home with an illness. Ten soldiers broke down the door with guns and then realised there were people in the store. They began to fire, but by then Samirah and her cousins had dropped under the table and desperately crawled away. While doing this Samirah's hand brushed against a small stuffed rabbit one of her younger cousins must have left behind in the shop. When she touched it seemed to swell, distorted, but nearly twice the size it had been before. Desperately grabbing it, she held on and watched as it grew and grew until it was brushing the ceiling of the shop with its ears. The soldiers had noticed this happen and realised that they were dealing with someone not quite human. All but one ran away in fear, calling for backup, but one did not. He opened fire on the rabbit, but most of the bullets harmlessly pinged off of the giant animal. It slowly advance, jerkily as Samirah was still adjusting to her powers. She doesn't know what happened next, but by the time she got her head back into reality she had been arrested for murdering the soldier. Quickly becoming more aware of her powers, she quickly unravelled her outer clothes with her powers and made the threads stronger than steel. She then spun them until they acted as a buzz saw and cut out a hole in the wall of her cell. From there she walked to freedom and used her power to get back to her family. For the past several years they have lived in isolation, with Samirah (now calling herself Marionette) keeping them safe. That is, until the Cadet Program found her. They offered her money, but she declined. They offered her power, and she declined. They even offered her food, and she declined. All she asked was that the Guardians take care of her family and get them to France. They agreed, and she is now a part of the Cadet Program. Though she does get paid for her work because of child labour being a no-no in modern society.

#FHAJApp
Last edited by Auphelia on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:11 am, edited 6 times in total.

SC #307

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:41 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N

VITALS
Name: Benedetta Cappuccini/Lily
Pseudonym/Nickname(s): Ira Dei/Lily
Build: Both Benedetta and Lily have a very slender build and reach a height of roughly 1,70 meters and weigh about 57 kg.
Appearance:

ABILITIES
Equipment: Benedetta carries a G3 Rifle with her as well as two Beretta 92s. Lily summons an Unholy Battle Scythe fueled with demonic powers which enables her to directly consume the souls of those she has slain with it. And even if the scythe gets destroyed, the next time Benedetta transforms into Lily, the Scythe would return unscathed.
Primary Ability: [Lily Ability] Succubus Charm - As you can guess, Lily as a Succubus attracts the attention of the opposite sex. Especcially for males, Lily will seem incredibly, supernaturally beautiful. However, sexual interaction even as light as a simple kiss eats away at the soul of a male and if a female falls victim to a kiss, she will grow addicted to sinful lust.
Other Abilities: [Benedetta/Lily Ability] Vested Interest - Lily has a vested interest in keeping her host vessel alife. Hence even if she does not exert control over the host, she will heal Benedetta's fatal wounds in order to keep her alife. Similar things apply to when Lily is in control. However there are of course also things which will cause more lasting fatal wounds to her. Iron is bad. Holy Water is like an acid to her. Prayers and common Holy Objects induce nausea. Magic, is also good. And by request of Sky, BOTH demonic and holy weapons are now very bad for her, causing big bad burning wounds. Also, strong holy auras like those of rare Holy Artifacts or actual Holy Beings will cause Lily to actively disintegrate into tiny flakes of ash.
[Lily Ability] Demonic Physiology - She is a demon and as such not quite as frail as she appears. Indeed her strength could rival that of the finest bodybuilders and other strongmen existing among normal humans. And since she also got wings she can fly. And having a horn of course enables one to impale someone on it if one should so try.
[Benedetta/Lily Ability] Unholy Transformation In a moment of mental and/or physical weakness of Benedetta Lily can take over her body. This takeover is usually accompanied by heavy physical changes as well as her clothing transforming and her scythe appearing out of nowhere. And of course vice-versa although Benedetta does not consciously retake her body and thus never knows what actually happened while Lily was in control. It must also be mentioned, that the state each of their bodies is in does not affect the other. For instance, if Benedetta were to lose an arm, Lily would still have both arms if she appeared.
[Lily Ability] Soul Consumer - Lily needs souls. Craves souls indeed. Without souls/stolen lifepower, she ain't working properly. A lack of souls could lead to her having to consume the soul of Benedetta...which is in this stage in which she hasn't fully attuned her body to her and her presence, not a very good idea since it would be incredibly difficult to control Benedetta's body, much like a puppet. Plus, her iron ration would be gone then and when she is starving next time, she won't be able to grab something from any reserves. Though the Souls do have one perk. They continue to exist within Lily, making invading her mind a tremendous task of finding your way through all the different souls. You'd basically be trying to make your way through quite a lot of minds rather than just one.
[Lily Ability] Hellish Home - Yeah, hell's a pretty bad place. Very uninviting and all mainly due to the shirty environment. There are places where the poor souls of the humans get tortured among a sea of flames while their demonic torturers stand there and laugh at their pathetic attempts to escape the pain. There are also places of extreme cold. I mean come on, it gets boring always just staying in the fiery pits. Besides, extreme cold is just as much of a torture for the human souls as would be the fire pits so really, demons are pretty flexible with that. Anyways, since they don't just go there to torture souls but also kinda live there, demons tend to be kind of resistant against heat and cold. They ought to operate efficiently and normally under these conditions afterall to allow for them to perform their enjoyment duties at max effiency.

DETAILS
Nationality: Italian
Hometown: (unknown) Lenno
Greatest Desire: To protect those who cannot protect themselves and punish those who would abuse their power against them / To stay and enjoy the earthly realm as long as possible
Greatest Fear: For her actions to be unjust and heaven being denied to her / To be banished back to hell
Sexuality: Heterosexual / Bisexual
Skills: Skilled Marksman and Expert Assassin / Expert Torturer, Seductress and much more than a 1000 years of Experience with her scythe so probably an expert scythe fighter
Flaws: Emotionally isolated and socially awkward, her though stance against crime gets her often into trouble with the law or more idealistic or soft-hearted people, besides, even though she believes in her faith to the Lord protecting her, physics and biology do tell a different tale / She is arrogant and believes herself to be inherently more powerful and immortal than these plebeian humans running around everywhere. She seeks to find entertainment in this world and thus also often changes allegiances and friendships, often upsetting those she was in league with before.

PERSONAL
Personality: Benedetta is a cold and distant person, letting no one get close to her. She fears that entering another emotional relationship of trust with anyone else will lead to her becoming vulnerable over it again and so she tries to stay alone and puts up her cold facade while crying when alone. Lily on the other hand is a sadistic and carefree person. She is arrogant and believes herself to be above the petty mortals, sees them as little more than toys and slaves for her own enjoyment. Unless it is part of one of her games, she is also pretty impatient.
Biography: Benedetta was an orphan. She never met her parents and her name also hadn't been given to her by them. No, she was found in a basket before a capuchin monastery, without anything with her other than the basket and some blankets. The monks decided to give her the name Benedetta meaning believing that she was blessed to be in their care rather than in that of her parents who had abandoned her. And of course they honoured the current Pope Benedict with that. And from then onwards she was raised by the monks in a strict catholic christian fashion. She was happy, benevolent and a good and innocent girl.

That was untill 2012. In 2012 Terrorists raided the Monastery. The monks spared no effort to save her life and hid her well but from her hiding place she had to watch powerless as the monks were slaughtered by the Nightmare troopers and how this holy place full of good people which she had grown to like so much over the past decade was desecrated and largely destroyed. When the Terrorists left, leaving the monastery aflame, she finally escaped from her hiding place and managed to leave the monastery. And from outside she watched and cried as her home burned down and all her good memory turned to ash.

Eventually the rescue services arrived, although far too late. Firefighters put out the last flames and paramedics searched among the ruins for survivors. Meanwhile she was approached by a policeman who tried to comfort her and gave her a blanket against the cold. Of course she was brought to the closest police station and there they tried to cautiously interrogate her. The interrogation brought up those horrible pictures of the event again and again but she told them everything she knew. Told them about the masked attackers who had just suddenly appeared out of nowhere and started attacking them without any explanation.

Benedetta was then moved to an orphanage but she just didn't find peace within her anymore. She didn't fit in with the other kinds, none had had to endure something as gruesome as she had. She always read the news, always hoped to see news about the monastery, about the investigation. Through the news she learned that the attack had been traced back to a specific terrorist organisation. She followed the investigation as it progressed and progressed and prayed intently every night that the police would catch the attackers and bring them to justice. Her prayers were eventually heard by the Lord, for one morning she woke up and in the news she saw the headline that the perpetrators of the monastery attack had been caught. She thanked god that he had given the people the opportunity to enact justice upon these spawns of darkness, these men of hatred. And then she followed the news, followed their trial, eagerly awaited their just punishment.

Only to be disappointed by the petty judgement system and the laws in place. Every single one of the perpetrators received a 25 years prison sentence and a considerable fee. And that was it. It was this moment of her highest disappointment which constituted a turning point in her life. As much as the goood monks had tried to teach it to her, forgiveness was something she could not feel anymore. If the governments and their judges were incapable of meting out proper punishment, she would take justice into her own hands, she would find, judge and punish those who did ill against their fellow intelligent beings. She would never again be weak and just stand aside as those she loved would be killed around her and those responsible for ending something as precious as a human life just getting a (in her opinion) light punishment.

And so she started training. At first she simply stole some knives and practiced fighting and throwing with them. She also spent countless hours hardening both body and mind of herself with constant exercise. Eventually she moved into the criminal underground and acquired some guns for herself and started training with these as well. How she acquired them? Eh, let's say the salesman was on his knees begging her not to kill him and take whatever she wanted. Anyway, while preparing herself, she also kept an eye on her monastery attackers. They were the first ones she wanted to feel the her wrath. And eventually her opportunity came. She caught news of them getting moved to a new prison and decided to lay an ambush. She was successful in her ambush, killing every single one of the prisoners while leaving the guards completely unharmed. Someone who took a life would have to pay the ultimate price of his own life.

In the following years she would carve a bloody path through the ranks of the criminals in Europe. Death from her came swiftly and usually with little pain. Innocent bystanders always stayed unharmed. She began seeing herself as the Holy Punisher of the Lord himself.

Now affairs could have stayed this way forever if she had not taken on the wrong group. She had followed some sort of satanic cult, especcially high on her hitlist for their barbaric practices, ritually sacrificed people and just the fact that they were following the devil. She had them in her sights just preparing another one of their rituals when she was suddenly knocked out from behind and the world went dark for her.
When she woke again, she didn't recognise her surroundings. Despite having a massive headache, she realised that she was in a completely different place then before. A quick survey of the location revealed to her that not only two days had passed but also that she was in a completely different city and country. Within two days of unconsciousness she had apparently travelled 200 km. But there was no sign of any of the satanists. Nothing, the house she had regained her consciousness in was completely deserted. She tried to remember if she had ever regained consciousness during those two days but there was nothing, everything just seemed kind of foggy and dark.

Eventually she moved on, set out again on her bloody business. But things would never return back to normal. Every now and then she suddenly awoke somewhere, having no idea what she had been doing. Large gaps in her memory began troubling her. Maybe...maybe it was time to give up this individual vigilantism? Maybe she should join a group then maybe someone could tell her what she was doing in these periods of time? Said and done and so she turned herself in in Zurich, asking the police inspector who came to interrogate her to let her join a hero team. After having heard her story and why she had started this killing spree, the inspector agreed that she was a good person merely a little...misguided in her ways of dealing with things. He attributed a part of that to her unusual childhood. Anyway, the police inspector pointed her to the Cadet Program which was situated in nearby Geneva. And although Benedetta felt like the Guardians were too light in the criminals, she couldn't bear these moments of memory loss anymore, especcially when suddenly during the time when the Cadet Program was brought up an intense headache had started.

But she stayed strong and focused and now, after having entered the program, the headache has subsided againas quickly as it appeared.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now comes sort of a second bio but well, this character needs it as it is more or less two persons in one, lol. I'll keep it real short, mainly because I don't want to draw this out forever and because I am already tired again from writing all the time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lily was a Succubus, plain and simple. An inhabitant of the realm of hell. She did the usual stuff of torturing the poor lost souls and all that funky stuff and well, just lived century after century in the completely uneventful hell. Torturing just the same souls of weak sinners over and over again just didn't excite her that much anymore.

But there was one way out of hell. On the planet called Earth existed satanic cults as well as several artifacts and portals connected to Hell. Although most were closed or hidden away, every now and then demons managed to cross the realms and have some fun on the playground that was Earth. And this was exactly what she was waiting for too, an opportunity to cross into the realm of Earth.

Her patience was rewarded in 2017. A small cult of satanists had performed a ritual and offered the soul of a young girl for a demon to appear. Now, she could have come with all the pomp and tamtam that usually happened during such a summoning but her patience had greatly decreased over the centuries and she feared that if she didn't take this opportunity as quickly as possibly some other, more powerful demon would appear and take the opportunity in her stead.

And so she jumped through the created portal. However, immediately she noticed that something was wrong, she couldn't quite move or take on her form again. When she looked down she noticed that she seemed to be little more than a pure demonic energy, slowly being drawn into the girl and swallowed. Oh crap, she thought. The satanists apparently hadn't killed the girl and offered her soul to her, no they had simply left her alife and now this would end up as a possession. And possessions were really hard to pull off good. If you weren't skilled at it and powerful, your control would be incomplete, leading to phases in which one had control to phases in which the host had the control again. She made sure to thank the Satanists appropriately once she had taken possession of her host and transformed into her usual form. Not one of them survived the night.
Over the course of the following years, Lily got used to the constant back and forth of her taking control in a moment of her host's weakness and then having some fun. What was even more fun, was that her host was completely unaware of the fact that she was harboring a demon within her while she could see anything her host did. It was quite ironic to be fair. A faithful christian soul tainted by her demonic presence without ever knowing about it.

But of course her host had to notice that something was wrong and so she sought help. At first Lily wasn't sure if she really had to intervene but when the conversation changed the direction towards the Guardians and their Cadet Program, she immediately knew that she had to do everything in her power to stop this from happening. She didn't want to be part of such a rigorous and constantly observed training program. It would make her unable to take over her host and find some enjoyment every now and then! And so she fought and tore away at Benedetta's spirit, trying to weaken it enough so that she could get out, take control, slaughter that inspector and just escape. However, Benedetta's will was like hard steel, her faith was too strong, her concentration and focus as an experienced killer were also great hurdles and although Lily was slowly overcoming each of them, she soon realized that she would never make it in time. Still didn't stop her from trying though and so she only stopped when even the last window of escape closed itself in Geneva.

#FHAJApp
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Auphelia wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Forest State wrote:
Auphelia wrote:snip

Accepted.

I sent my app already, not sure you noticed.

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:49 pm

A P P L I C A T I O N

VITALS
Name: Advanced Reconnaissance and Observation Unit #3657
Pseudonym/Nickname(s): Pierce
Build: 5’11” 223 lbs
Appearance:

ABILITIES
Equipment:
Human Stuff
Primary Ability: Replication - Through analysis and observation, along with the advanced technology used in the creation of the unit, she is capable of replicating destructive abilities at 1/10 their original power.
Other Abilities: Bionic Physiology - She is a machine, plain and simple. Her body is composed of metal and synthetic materials, designed to mimic the human form and mind.

Her limbs are strong, moved by motors and artificial muscles, and are capable of outputting a significant amount of force.

Her eyes, similar to a camera, are able to zoom and focus with a resolution much greater than the human eye. With them, she is not only able to see, but also perform complex analysis on her surroundings.

Her brain, resting within her head, is a supercomputer with more than enough power to run her Personality simulation.

For her body overall, it is tough and durable, and capable of taking a beating, but is incapable of self-repair.

DETAILS
Nationality: Unknown.
Hometown: Unknown.
Greatest Desire: To feel more human.
Greatest Fear: As of yet, there is none. She is a machine created for a purpose, and whether her termination will come eventually.
Sexuality: Anything goes, but the unit lacks an orifice for sexual encounters. Well, aside from a mouth, but you might not want many fluids going down there.
Skills:
Her brain is a supercomputer, so advanced calculations are a breeze.
She's skilled in multiple forms of combat, and can use weapons from close to long range as well as any sentient supermachine can.
Flaws:
As a machine, she is prone to logical thought. She's cold, even if she doesn't try to be, and lacks understanding of a lot of complex social and emotional matters.
PERSONAL
Personality: She usually comes off as shy, due to her observant and quiet nature. Beyond that, she is driven by curiosity and desire, ruled by the logic that she's restricted to.
Biography: Originally an Android sent to observe and analyze the capabilities of humanity and their technology, she found herself unable to completely understand human nature, among other curiosities that formed, which drove her away from her initial designation. She disconnected from the hive that could override her free will, isolating herself from her past, and began again among them.

After some time dedicated to learning their language and more of the basics of their behavior, she put herself among those more similar to herself, seeking to learn more and eventually become more like them. English came quickly, along with other languages, but the question still remained about their minds. Observation continued to bring up multiple logic errors about their behavior, like repetition of patterns with poor outcomes, and their sense of worth in a society that could function without them. Each individual in their society seemed to feel meaning in their existence, after all, and it was that sensation she hoped to find. She was a cold machine created for a singular purpose, and she hoped that she could find a way to become more through closer observation and interaction.

Now, among other "Heroes" she aids the species, she continues her efforts to understand them.

#FHAJApp
Last edited by Sky-TheLandOfNekos on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:snip

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:snip

Accepted.
Sky-TheLandOfNekos wrote:snip

I know it's on mobile but that's only a four line bio.
don't tread on me

Doughertania
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Doughertania » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:20 pm

So, I either want to make:

1) A craftsman character who focuses on building tech for heroes in return for favors. Tech comes in the form of weapons, gadgets, armor, or in the case of people with uncontrollable powers, limiters.

2) A mirror/glass manipulator who can make portals through reflections, make clones, reflect attacks, and create crystalline structures

3) A geneticist/support character. Pumps out healing, stims, and even on occasion temporary super powers.

Any of these sounds particularly interesting?
NationStates's resident bread turtle and fourth-wall demolition expert.

I started a character picture collection for RPs, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. If you want to use a pic, go for it. If you want to add one, TG it to me.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Doughertania wrote:3) A geneticist/support character. Pumps out healing, stims, and even on occasion temporary super powers.

Mama wants some invincibility!

Doughertania
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Doughertania » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Doughertania wrote:3) A geneticist/support character. Pumps out healing, stims, and even on occasion temporary super powers.

Mama wants some invincibility!

Well, it wouldn't be invincibility per say. More like damage reduction. Increasing skin durability or muscle density, something to that effect.
NationStates's resident bread turtle and fourth-wall demolition expert.

I started a character picture collection for RPs, Fantasy and Sci-Fi. If you want to use a pic, go for it. If you want to add one, TG it to me.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Doughertania wrote:Well, it wouldn't be invincibility per say. More like damage reduction. Increasing skin durability or muscle density, something to that effect.

You say tomato, I say laser gun! It's all the same.

SC #307

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Super Tag.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse