NATION

PASSWORD

Uneducated Police

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Achaea-Graecia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Achaea-Graecia » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm a police officer and I tend to overlook certain laws, like the no whistling on Sundays rule. That's just plain silly. :rofl:

In all seriousness, I'm an American police officer who abides by the law... ever since I became a police officer, that is. Unofficially I am pro-legalization for marijuana, but until it is legalized, I have to uphold the law and arrest any offenders, although sometimes I let them go with a warning. ;)

I have no problems with upholding any of the state or federal laws, besides marijuana usage and maybe issuing parking tickets. Except for those, I don't think there are any immorality issues with the laws I'm required to enforce.
Last edited by Achaea-Graecia on Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EXECON: Total War 1 2 3 4 [5] All Quiet
EMERGCON: ENGAGED | [DISENGAGED]
Innis-Gunn wrote:
Communist Phanafia wrote:I wish I could revolt, I really do.

*Awards 'Teenage Angst' badge*
Young Erisia wrote:
Achaea-Graecia wrote:So you live in the year 1939-1945 or something like that?

I'm on vacation...
Olthar wrote:
Old Vester wrote:I wish I created a cure for cancer.

Granted, but the cure is made with the tears of small children, tears of suffering. Congratulations. You've cured cancer. You monster. >:(
Aryan WNs wrote:15 and 17 million people ethnically cleansed by the Nazi Party? Source please.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Person012345 wrote:For your benefit, this also is not a personal attack.

Are you sure? It looks pretty attacky to me. :eyebrow:

I'm sure.

I think. :unsure:

It's not a personal attack, it doesn't disparage his character in any way. It's logically retarded, yes, but it's not an attack on the other person's character.

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Person012345 wrote:
Panzerjaeger wrote:Are you sure? It looks pretty attacky to me. :eyebrow:

I'm sure.

It's not a personal attack, it doesn't disparage his character in any way. It's logically retarded, yes, but it's not an attack on the other person's character.

Poor Person012345 your sense of humor was killed by this thread. We should have a memorial service. :(
Friendly Neighborhood Fascist™
ФАШИЗМ БЕЗГРАНИЧНЫЙ И КРАСНЫЙ
Caninope wrote:Toyota: Keep moving forward, even when you don't want to!

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Timothy McVeigh casts... Pyrotechnics!

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

New Kereptica wrote:Fascism: because people are too smart nowadays.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Person012345 wrote:I'm sure.

Poor Person012345 your sense of humor was killed by this thread. We should have a memorial service. :(

:(

I never knew him that well...

Bendira
Senator

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Achaea-Graecia wrote:I'm a police officer and I tend to overlook certain laws, like the no whistling on Sundays rule. That's just plain silly. :rofl:

In all seriousness, I'm an American police officer who abides by the law... ever since I became a police officer, that is. Unofficially I am pro-legalization for marijuana, but until it is legalized, I have to uphold the law and arrest any offenders, although sometimes I let them go with a warning. ;)

I have no problems with upholding any of the state or federal laws, besides marijuana usage and maybe issuing parking tickets. Except for those, I don't think there are any immorality issues with the laws I'm required to enforce.

Do you know any of the theories behind how your job is ethically/morally justifiable?
Political Compass:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Bendira wrote:
Achaea-Graecia wrote:I'm a police officer and I tend to overlook certain laws, like the no whistling on Sundays rule. That's just plain silly. :rofl:

Do you know any of the theories behind how your job is ethically/morally justifiable?

Because you obviously don't. Why don't you actually provide some proof instead of rambling about how killing Mexican Children is hella cool but shooting dope fiends is bad?

Greater Americania wrote:lol "No Comrade Ivan! Don't stick your head in there! That's the wood chi...!"

Bendira
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Bendira wrote:

Because you obviously don't. Why don't you actually provide some proof instead of rambling about how killing Mexican Children is hella cool but shooting dope fiends is bad?

Please, for the last time. Stop doing that. You aren't contributing to the conversation at all by mischaracterizing my position over and over.
Political Compass:

Your political compass

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Bendira wrote:
Caninope wrote:Except that most drug arrests of users don't take place with SWAT teams. Most arrests, even SWAT arrests, are made without a shot being fired. Sometimes, users can get off with just going to a rehabilitation center. And most people in jail aren't raped.

Nothing you just said has anything to do with a minority position stopping an action.

You can sue.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Bendira wrote:Do you know any of the theories behind how your job is ethically/morally justifiable?

Why does it matter if he knows why other people think his job is morally justifyable?

You should follow your own moral code, not the arbitrary teachings of other people.

Bendira
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Person012345 wrote:
Bendira wrote:Do you know any of the theories behind how your job is ethically/morally justifiable?

Why does it matter if he knows why other people think his job is morally justifyable?

You should follow your own moral code, not the arbitrary teachings of other people.

If I followed my moral code, I would be arrested and imprisoned.
Political Compass:

Your political compass

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Bendira wrote:
Panzerjaeger wrote:Because you obviously don't. Why don't you actually provide some proof instead of rambling about how killing Mexican Children is hella cool but shooting dope fiends is bad?

Please, for the last time. Stop doing that. You aren't contributing to the conversation at all by mischaracterizing my position over and over.

Right because you contributed so much when you accused me of supporting slavery and segregation. Get bent and stop playing the martyr.

Bendira
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Bendira wrote:

Right because you contributed so much when you accused me of supporting slavery and segregation. Get bent and stop playing the martyr.

I didn't accuse you of either of those things my reading impaired friend. I was making a metaphor outlining how the logic you used in your assertions against me were the same logic that people that were pro-slavery and pro-segregation used.
Political Compass:

Your political compass

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Bendira wrote:
Person012345 wrote:Why does it matter if he knows why other people think his job is morally justifyable?

Are you willing to take the punishment?

If not, then you place your own welfare above those certain morals you hold. What is your point? I believe that is called Ignoratio elenchi. It doesn't actually address what I said at all.

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Bendira wrote:
Person012345 wrote:Why does it matter if he knows why other people think his job is morally justifyable?

If you actually had any convictions, you'd face that punishment. You abandon your beliefs when they become inconvenient.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Bendira wrote:
Panzerjaeger wrote:Right because you contributed so much when you accused me of supporting slavery and segregation. Get bent and stop playing the martyr.

I didn't accuse you of either of those things my reading impaired friend. I was making a metaphor outlining how the logic you used in your assertions against me were the same logic that people that were pro-slavery and pro-segregation used.

Again you have no clue what a metaphor is unless you are telling me, "You would probably support slavery or segregation." is now a metaphor. :palm:
Last edited by Panzerjaeger on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bendira
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Sdaeriji wrote:
Bendira wrote:

If you actually had any convictions, you'd face that punishment. You abandon your beliefs when they become inconvenient.

If I was arrested and imprisoned, I would effectively be silenced. I wouldn't be able to be an activist or get my message out, I wouldn't be able to raise a family, and I wouldn't be able to live a halfway decent life without the constant fear of prison rape or beatings.
Political Compass:

Your political compass

Bendira
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
Bendira wrote:

Again you have no clue what a metaphor is unless you are telling me, "You would probably support slavery or segregation." is now a metaphor. :palm:

By your logic, I see no reason why you wouldn't.
Political Compass:

Your political compass

Panzerjaeger
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Panzerjaeger » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Bendira wrote:
Sdaeriji wrote:

If I was arrested and imprisoned, I would effectively be silenced. I wouldn't be able to be an activist or get my message out, I wouldn't be able to raise a family, and I wouldn't be able to live a halfway decent life without the constant fear of prison rape or beatings.

So really you are just a Moral Coward who whines on the internet.

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:07 pm

Bendira wrote:
Sdaeriji wrote:

So you don't have the strength to stand up for your beliefs. You abandon your beliefs when they become inconvenient.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:08 pm

So you know, you didn't actually answer this:

Person012345
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Sdaeriji wrote:
Bendira wrote:

So you don't have the strength to stand up for your beliefs. You abandon your beliefs when they become inconvenient.

Isn't it funny that he seems unable to identify the real ad hominem.

Honestly, just because you don't do everything you think is ideal due to possible punishment does not make those ideals wrong. Implying it does I believe is a fallacy. And most people would not consider it to be particularly negative, bear in mind that you guys have been defending the police who would do what they don't find ideal in order to avoid punishment.
Last edited by Person012345 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bendira
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Sdaeriji wrote:
Bendira wrote:

Im not abandoning my beliefs. Abandoning my beliefs would be if I stopped advocating voluntaryism. I plan on practicing civil disobedience in the future, but only after I finish up college.
Political Compass:

Your political compass

Bendira
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Person012345 wrote:So you know, you didn't actually answer this:

So he knows what the people actually think about his work, the people he supposibly is supposed to "protect and serve".
Political Compass:

Your political compass

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Person012345 wrote:
Sdaeriji wrote:

Isn't it funny that he seems unable to identify the real ad hominem.

Honestly, just because you don't do everything you think is ideal due to possible punishment does not make those ideals wrong. Implying it does I believe is a fallacy. And most people would not consider it to be particularly negative, bear in mind that you guys have been defending the police who would do what they don't find ideal in order to avoid punishment.

Yeah and they would be the same people mocking them on the same interwebs forum from their garages after he gets arrested for doing something stupid to "stand up" for his beliefs.
Last edited by Zephie on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Trippoli
Minister

Founded: May 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Trippoli » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:17 pm

Bendira wrote:
Sdaeriji wrote:

I plan on practicing civil disobedience in the future, but only after I finish up college.

Can I LOL at this?
Man of the Eastern Shore
ARMY STRONG

[b]Economic Left
/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.82 [/b]
COOL Political Compass Graph!
I LOVE RUSSIAN REVERSAL!
Social Liberalism
79%
Socialist
79%
Libertarianism
63%
Totalitarianism
63%
Independance
46%
Democracy
46%
Anarchism
42%
Social Conservatism
33%
Capitalist
33%
Monarchy
29%

Panzerjaeger wrote:One small stroke for man, One Giant Orgasm for Mankind!

North Wiedna wrote:
Chrobalta wrote:Poll Dancing.

oh yea, look at those politicians work those polls.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General