NATION

PASSWORD

Vapor: A Steampunk RP Region (OOC v.6.0)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Razonica
Envoy

Founded: Jun 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Razonica » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:16 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:@Razonica - The Admins and I are fine with the modern incarnation of your nation. There is but one change we would like to make to your history in regards to technological advancement. While we are fine with you having developed primitive gunpowder weaponry on your own, we would prefer if you traded for/bought the more advanced technology sometime in your past from an Old World power. As I said, this is just changes to your history not modern one. Your nation can be industrial and more or less on par with the rest of the world. We'd just rather you got that technology in part from the old world rather than somehow independently developing it on your own.

Alright, I'd be fine with that. Though, are their some technologies or ideas that I passed to you? Perhaps some form of a calendar or better ways to grow and store crops? For instance, the Inca were able to freeze dry would by leaving it out in the sun to shrivel up and then out in the cold to freeze. They'd repeat this process several times until the food became able to be stored to a few years. Razonica would have found a similar way to do this and perhaps traded this food with you for you to store in your ships and travels.

Perhaps Razonica discovered a more reliable engine (years later of course) that is the cause for their naval focus and holds the key to better engines for even airships.
A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken short cut to meet it.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:21 pm

Razonica wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:@Razonica - The Admins and I are fine with the modern incarnation of your nation. There is but one change we would like to make to your history in regards to technological advancement. While we are fine with you having developed primitive gunpowder weaponry on your own, we would prefer if you traded for/bought the more advanced technology sometime in your past from an Old World power. As I said, this is just changes to your history not modern one. Your nation can be industrial and more or less on par with the rest of the world. We'd just rather you got that technology in part from the old world rather than somehow independently developing it on your own.

Alright, I'd be fine with that. Though, are their some technologies or ideas that I passed to you? Perhaps some form of a calendar or better ways to grow and store crops? For instance, the Inca were able to freeze dry would by leaving it out in the sun to shrivel up and then out in the cold to freeze. They'd repeat this process several times until the food became able to be stored to a few years. Razonica would have found a similar way to do this and perhaps traded this food with you for you to store in your ships and travels.

Perhaps Razonica discovered a more reliable engine (years later of course) that is the cause for their naval focus and holds the key to better engines for even airships.

Perhaps. However, in general, the exchange of technology would be fairly one sided like real life. It's just a product of size, nothing can really change that. As for the engine, I assume your advancements would be par the course once you were elevated to Old World levels of technology. Like, once you reached the levels of the rest of the world some decades or centuries after your discovery, you'd make some advancements a la Brazil or the early USA.
I'm really tired

Razonica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Razonica » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:25 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Razonica wrote:

Perhaps. However, in general, the exchange of technology would be fairly one sided like real life. It's just a product of size, nothing can really change that. As for the engine, I assume your advancements would be par the course once you were elevated to Old World levels of technology. Like, once you reached the levels of the rest of the world some decades or centuries after your discovery, you'd make some advancements a la Brazil or the early USA.

Actually, the meeting of the Old and New Worlds was very beneficial to Europe. Besides gold and silver, they got new foods, new dyes, new spices, and discovered better ways to farm.

Also, I don't really want Razonica to have been colonized like the Americas were. Sure, you could try to, but perhaps you eventually decided that it would be easier to trade with me than try to go to war with me.
A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken short cut to meet it.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Razonica wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Perhaps. However, in general, the exchange of technology would be fairly one sided like real life. It's just a product of size, nothing can really change that. As for the engine, I assume your advancements would be par the course once you were elevated to Old World levels of technology. Like, once you reached the levels of the rest of the world some decades or centuries after your discovery, you'd make some advancements a la Brazil or the early USA.

Actually, the meeting of the Old and New Worlds was very beneficial to Europe. Besides gold and silver, they got new foods, new dyes, new spices, and discovered better ways to farm.

Also, I don't really want Razonica to have been colonized like the Americas were. Sure, you could try to, but perhaps you eventually decided that it would be easier to trade with me than try to go to war with me.

Yes, I am aware how the exchange worked. But in the grand balance of things, technology flowed to the Americas, not vice versa. Resources, now those flowed to Europe. Spain...Spain became a junkie for American metals.

I'm not saying you were colonized! Rather, I was saying that after the initial lag period for you to come up to Old World levels, then you'd probably be making advancements. You might have had Japan-style concessions at one point, but that's up to you.
I'm really tired

Razonica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Razonica » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Razonica wrote:

Yes, I am aware how the exchange worked. But in the grand balance of things, technology flowed to the Americas, not vice versa. Resources, now those flowed to Europe. Spain...Spain became a junkie for American metals.

I'm not saying you were colonized! Rather, I was saying that after the initial lag period for you to come up to Old World levels, then you'd probably be making advancements. You might have had Japan-style concessions at one point, but that's up to you.

Then I could have helped ship those resources to you then.

I'll worm my way into modern politics. Like people would trade stuff to get luxury pelts, dyes, spices, and handiworks as well as stone, lumber, and metals. Eventually, I started importing new technologies and had some citizens return from your universities. Then before people know it, Razonica becomes a naval focused nation on par with WW1 USA, an industrial nation that's rising but still not a major power yet.

Abelardy
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 06, 2017

Postby Abelardy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:02 pm

Abelardy wrote:
Nationstates Account: Abelardy
Nation Name: The Republic of Abelardy.
Government type: Depends on the time period. Goes from: A coalition of allied nations > A unified Monarchy > A Republic
Name and title of Nation Leader: Various Titles > Queen/King > President
Demonym: Abelardian
Official language(s) (de jure): Abelardian (Basically Italian). Esperanto (Post-1899)
Commonly spoken language(s) (de facto): Abelardian, Sephalese (Sort of like Basque), Lyonessian (Similar to Sard, Sicilian or Corsican; a dialect of Abelardian), Nelmezzoan (Like Latin but with a more Arabic script; another dialect of Abelardian). Several other minor dialects. Esperanto (introduced due to the number of dialects spoken). Azherian (Spoken in the colony of Azher).
Brief History: History pre-1717 can be found here
1717CE: At the Congress of Nelmezzo, The Abelardian League if formed, comprising of The North Abelardian Confederation, Sephalon (against their will), The Grand Duchy of Lyonesse, The Nelmezzoan States, and others. This is a mutual defence pact based on the shared culture and history of these nations.
1792CE: After an arduous process, the nation is unified under a monarchy.
1830CE: Azher is colonised
1848CE: Political revolutions lead to a more democratic state
1852CE: Counter Revolutions begin. Many die.
1857CE: Abelardy Emerges as a Republic.
1881CE: The ruler is assassinated. Anarchists blamed.
1886CE: Sephalon attempts to seceed. Violent political reprisals. The brutality would inspire anarchist ideology.
1899CE: Esperanto introduced.
1901CE: President of the Federation of Abelardy assassinated by Anarchists.
RL Cultural Inspiration(s): Italy, the Papal States, Venice and Florence, bit of France, Catalonia (For the province of Sephalon), Algeria (For the colony of Azher). Many more.
Religion in you nation: Nelmezzoan Rhapsodism: 89%, Azherian Polytheistism 5% (Almost entirely confined to Azher), Orthodox Rhapsodism 2%, Other: 4%.
Economic Info: A free-market economy with significant oligopolies, lead by a small number of Captains of Industry. The region has been rapidly industrialising in recent years, particularly in the south. The north and north-west remains poor and quite agrarian. The political instability of Abelardy over the past century has led to a prolonged stagnation in the nations economy. Mining, fishing and agriculture are important in Azher.
Military Info: The Abelardian Republican Army is noted for its mountain-combat training. It is also quite outdated, although efforts have been made recently to change this. The military hierarchy is highly outdated; wealthy people who are conscripted can buy their way into officer positions, or even pay someone to take their place.
Est. total land area (mainland and colonies): 600,000km2 (Mainland 300,000km2, Colony 300,000km2)
Est. total population (mainland and colonies): 37,150,000 (Mainland: 32,475,000, Colony: 4,675,000).
Proposed land claim (drawn on a map): https://i.imgur.com/oSurZMj.png
Other Interesting Facts/Info about your nation: Secret societies play a significant role in Abelardian politics, such as the Knights of Amph (supposedly a covert paramilitary organisation answerable directly to the Patriarchs of Nelmezzo), or the northern crime syndicates.
RP Sample:Most of my RPs are in P2TM on my 'main' account (I have a Lot of accounts). Not much recent stuff, other than this.
Here's an RP I ran last summer
Here's a longer post from this time last year

Been busy this week, but this app is pretty much done.

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:45 pm

In process of writing up my app now. Should be done for viewing either today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Yeah, just lost everything I was writing because my computer restarted. God damn it.
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

"To have found God and still to pursue him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer.

Fanaglia
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:58 am

Post up in the Coronation thread. Also updated the map with Pav, Raz, and Avilgion (Rostav).

Abelardy wrote:
Abelardy wrote:
Government type: Depends on the time period. Goes from: A coalition of allied nations > A unified Monarchy > A Republic
Official language(s) (de jure): Abelardian (Basically Italian). Esperanto (Post-1899)
Commonly spoken language(s) (de facto): Abelardian, Sephalese (Sort of like Basque), Lyonessian (Similar to Sard, Sicilian or Corsican; a dialect of Abelardian), Nelmezzoan (Like Latin but with a more Arabic script; another dialect of Abelardian). Several other minor dialects. Esperanto (introduced due to the number of dialects spoken). Azherian (Spoken in the colony of Azher).
1717CE: At the Congress of Nelmezzo, The Abelardian League if formed, comprising of The North Abelardian Confederation, Sephalon (against their will), The Grand Duchy of Lyonesse, The Nelmezzoan States, and others. This is a mutual defence pact based on the shared culture and history of these nations.
1886CE: Sephalon attempts to seceed. Violent political reprisals. The brutality would inspire anarchist ideology.
RL Cultural Inspiration(s): Italy, the Papal States, Venice and Florence, bit of France, Catalonia (For the province of Sephalon), Algeria (For the colony of Azher). Many more.
Religion in you nation: Nelmezzoan Rhapsodism: 89%, Azherian Polytheistism 5% (Almost entirely confined to Azher), Orthodox Rhapsodism 2%, Other: 4%.
Economic Info: A free-market economy with significant oligopolies, lead by a small number of Captains of Industry. The region has been rapidly industrialising in recent years, particularly in the south. The north and north-west remains poor and quite agrarian. The political instability of Abelardy over the past century has led to a prolonged stagnation in the nations economy. Mining, fishing and agriculture are important in Azher.
Military Info: The Abelardian Republican Army is noted for its mountain-combat training. It is also quite outdated, although efforts have been made recently to change this. The military hierarchy is highly outdated; wealthy people who are conscripted can buy their way into officer positions, or even pay someone to take their place.
Est. total land area (mainland and colonies): 600,000km2 (Mainland 300,000km2, Colony 300,000km2)
Est. total population (mainland and colonies): 37,150,000 (Mainland: 32,475,000, Colony: 4,675,000).
Other Interesting Facts/Info about your nation: Secret societies play a significant role in Abelardian politics, such as the Knights of Amph (supposedly a covert paramilitary organisation answerable directly to the Patriarchs of Nelmezzo), or the northern crime syndicates.
RP Sample:Most of my RPs are in P2TM on my 'main' account (I have a Lot of accounts). Not much recent stuff, other than this.

Been busy this week, but this app is pretty much done.

Awesome!
Last edited by Fanaglia on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Jesus H. Christ on a jelly pogo stick of justice.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:NS forums are SUPERGOOGLE.

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Abelardy
Lobbyist

Postby Abelardy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:56 am

Fanaglia wrote:Post up in the Coronation thread. Also updated the map with Pav, Raz, and Avilgion (Rostav).

([url=https://i.imgur.com/lo1zA70m.png]Image)[/url]

Abelardy wrote:Been busy this week, but this app is pretty much done.

Awesome!

Does it need more detail anywhere? Or can I start posting in the IC

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:25 am

I've edited my post in the Coronation slightly. I felt like Alice came across as having been rude to Pavel and sort of blowing him off when the Razonicans arrived before her, which wasn't my intention, so I moved the Pavlostani's arrival to after the Razonican presentation died down. Pavel is now standing before Queen Alice and Miss Alans along with Peter and Yazdani

Abelardy wrote:
Fanaglia wrote:Post up in the Coronation thread. Also updated the map with Pav, Raz, and Avilgion (Rostav).

([url=https://i.imgur.com/lo1zA70m.png]Image)[/url]

Awesome!

Does it need more detail anywhere? Or can I start posting in the IC

Everything looks shiny to me; I'd wait to hear a second from one of the other admins, but you've got my vote :)
Last edited by Fanaglia on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook
OOC: Fanaglia is a steampunk nation; whenever I post IC, I'm posting from 1886. That, or from some sort of weird time rift in which my characters don't realize they are in fact 127 years in the future.
Barringtonia wrote:Only dirty hippies ride bicycles, white supremacists don't ride bicycles EVER, although the Nazis did steal a lot of bicycles from the Dutch, but that was to use the steel to make TANKS!

The power of dozens of ordinary humans simultaneously interrogating a search engine with slightly different keywords. I'm getting all teared up just thinking of the power.

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:34 pm

I've been meaning to join this RP Group ever since its creation, I just never saw an opening available :p but boy am I glad that the option's now there :lol:

(AT LEAST I HOPE THAT'S THE CASE, IT'D BE PRETTY EMBARRASSING IF IT WEREN'T HAHA)

Without further ado,

Nationstates Account: Kiruri
Nation Name: The Three Kingdoms of Bal'maceda, Ashkafrán and The Lone Island (Commonly known as The Three Kingdoms)
Government type: Limited Absolute Monarchy

The Monarch is the Sovereign Ruler of the nation. He or she rules through royal decrees. In practice, the state ministers establish or create laws which are reviewed by and approved by the monarch before they are placed into effect.

All state ministers are appointed by the monarch.

Name and title of Nation Leader: Pharaon Oruhbrah B'nargin, Protector of the Realm, High Prince of the Royal Court of Ashkafrán, Sun King of the Lone Isle (Pharaoh mispelled intentionally)
Demonym: Bal'macedite, Ashkafrani, Sun-Islander
Official language(s) (de jure): Mehmeti (Egyptian), Erebiq (Arabic), Bal'macedan, Ashkafrani, Khani
Commonly spoken language(s) (de facto): Mehmeti (Egyptian), Erebiq (Arabic), Bal'macedan, Ashkafrani, Khani

Brief History: The Three Kingdoms have existed as a unified single sovereign entity since 1808, with the marriage of Pharaon Abdul of House B'nargin and Sun Queen Kleo of House Tolemei, who were the reigning monarchs of their respective kingdoms (Bal'maceda and The Lone Island). Their marriage solidified the union of both kingdoms. The Kingdom of Ashkafrán was incorporated in 1810 through a royal decree after the death of King Ugaba of House Mongadiscio, leaving a broken line of succession.

Since 1810, the Three Kingdoms have sought to establish themselves as a regional power with the apparent intention of deterring additional foreign intervention and colonialization of the continent.

RL Cultural Inspiration(s): Primarily Cleopatra's Ptolemaic Egypt. Additional influences from: 1800's Persia, Roman Tripolitania, Late Hellenistic Period of ancient Greece

Religion in you nation: Religion plays an important role in society though it is not as relevant in the political scene of the nation as it once was. There is no state religion and there is freedom to practice any religion. Major religions and loud minor sects are closely monitored by the state through the Ministry of Spirituality and Culture

Economic Info: The government applies mixed market principles, playing significant roles in the nation's major industries.
There is a strong agriculture sector and mining/natural resource extraction plays an important role in the economy.

Military Info: 2.5% of the nation's GDP is dedicated to the military budget. With an active standing army totaling 150,000 personnel (from all branches of the military). The nation is strictly pacifist and only maintains an army for defense.

Est. total land area (mainland and colonies):
Est. total population (mainland and colonies): 40,345,789 people
Proposed land claim (drawn on a map): Map Link (outlined in black)

Other Interesting Facts/Info about your nation:

Capital City/Notable Cities:
+Capital: Royal City of Rabanastre
+Others: Silopoirurik, Theeds, Dalmascas, Al'Núrkhulah, Alandalus, Alasuli, Royal Port of Balamb, Algarabía, Tesalonika, Menassis, New Luzor, Luzor, Oruhbrahopolis, Port Terran

The nation is subdivided into three kingdoms and 25 provinces.

RP Sample:

Example 1
Last edited by Kiruri on Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I'm BIwinning
CelebrateBisexualityDaySeptember 23rd
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:30 pm

Kiruri wrote:I've been meaning to join this RP Group ever since its creation, I just never saw an opening available :p but boy am I glad that the option's now there :lol:

(AT LEAST I HOPE THAT'S THE CASE, IT'D BE PRETTY EMBARRASSING IF IT WEREN'T HAHA)

Without further ado,

Nation Name: The Three Kingdoms of Bal'maceda, Ashkafrán and The Lone Island (Commonly known as The Three Kingdoms)
Name and title of Nation Leader: King Oruhbrah B'nargin
Demonym: Bal'macedite, Ashkafrani, Islander
Official language(s) (de jure): Mehmeti (Egyptian), Erebiq (Arabic), Bal'macedan
Commonly spoken language(s) (de facto):
Brief History:
RL Cultural Inspiration(s): Ptolemaic Egypt, Persia, Tripolitania, Greece
Religion in you nation:
Economic Info:
Military Info:
RP Sample:

STILL WIP, WILL COMPLETE ASAP

Where exactly were you thinking of going?
I'm really tired

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:13 pm

Kiruri wrote:I've been meaning to join this RP Group ever since its creation, I just never saw an opening available :p but boy am I glad that the option's now there :lol:

Without further ado,

Name and title of Nation Leader: King Oruhbrah B'nargin
Demonym: Bal'macedite, Ashkafrani, Islander
Official language(s) (de jure): Mehmeti (Egyptian), Erebiq (Arabic), Bal'macedan
Commonly spoken language(s) (de facto):
Brief History:
RL Cultural Inspiration(s): Ptolemaic Egypt, Persia, Tripolitania, Greece
Religion in you nation:
Economic Info:
Military Info:
RP Sample:

STILL WIP, WILL COMPLETE ASAP

Where exactly were you thinking of going?

What do you mean? With the nation? I was thinking a vapor version of Cleopatras Egypt
I'm BIwinning
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:53 am

Kiruri wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Where exactly were you thinking of going?

What do you mean? With the nation? I was thinking a vapor version of Cleopatras Egypt

I was referring to the geographic location, but I see you've updated your map. So far so good!
I'm really tired

Abelardy
Lobbyist

Postby Abelardy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Fanaglia wrote:I've edited my post in the Coronation slightly. I felt like Alice came across as having been rude to Pavel and sort of blowing him off when the Razonicans arrived before her, which wasn't my intention, so I moved the Pavlostani's arrival to after the Razonican presentation died down. Pavel is now standing before Queen Alice and Miss Alans along with Peter and Yazdani

Abelardy wrote:Does it need more detail anywhere? Or can I start posting in the IC

Everything looks shiny to me; I'd wait to hear a second from one of the other admins, but you've got my vote :)

Cool. If any admins get a chance to look at this, it'd be appreciated.

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:26 am

Haven't forgotten about the IC, just been a bit busy/tired, and contemplating further work on Avilgion (which I should probably start posting on, but I digress) and that sort of stuff.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:27 am

Abelardy wrote:This is Haudenosaunee. I'll bump the app when its done. Heavily WIP for now.

Has my seal of approval
I'm really tired

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Hello friends,

Quick question; where can I find info on Mendean and Abelardy? My closest neighbors just to get a feel of the neighborhood?
I'm BIwinning
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:42 pm

Kiruri wrote:

I was referring to the geographic location, but I see you've updated your map. So far so good!

Oh, i see xD I’ll be finishing my app by tonight before midnight EST :)
I'm BIwinning
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Kiruri wrote:Hello friends,

Quick question; where can I find info on Mendean and Abelardy? My closest neighbors just to get a feel of the neighborhood?

Menid/Mendea is RPer by me. So far, the only information available is in the nation applications. Mine's on the first page.
I'm really tired

Fanaglia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Fanaglia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Post up in the coronation. Also, I've updated the section for the national info table in the OP. It's not a full, fancy table like we had in the old thread yet, but it is a list of all of the accepted member nations with completed apps, with each name linked to their respective app. It ain't perfect, but it beats having to scroll through 5 pages of OOC (and growing) to find a particular nation's app for reference
Map Mistress of Vapor
Factbook

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:32 am

Nationstates Account: Caltarania
Nation Name: Venerable Republic of the Courts of Great Promise | Ibrahama
Government type: Kritarchic Classical Pseudo-Noble Republic
Name and title of Nation Leader: Shophet Zahara II
Demonym: Ibrahamic | Ibrahaman | Ibrahamish
Official language(s) (de jure): Ibrahamic
Commonly spoken language(s) (de facto): Vulgar Ibrahamic, Svalo-Ibrahmic, Manidian, Luraner
Brief History:
  • 300s BCE: Ancient Ibrahamic explorers from the homeland in Mizrah/Eiren set up colonies across Nordesia. The city of Hardish quickly grows, but following a great storm, contact with the homeland is severed.
  • 70 BCE: Conquest of the Ancient Ibrhamic homeland by the Rothian Empire. The diaspora emerges. Many settle in the city of Hardish-on-the-Straits.
  • 200 CE: Hardish has expanded to encompass much of the Straits.
  • 400 CE: The subjugation of long-time allies the Manidians.
  • 700 CE: Discovery and colonisation of the Faroph Isles (1. Homeland).
  • 1200 CE: Discovery and colonisation of the New World islands (2. Colony and 3. Colony).
  • 1600 CE: A short civil war reforms the governmental system, with suffrage granted to most adult men, and noble women - as opposed to tribal leaders, as previous, and Shophet made a position for life.
  • 1700 CE: Discovery and conquest of the Parthan islands (4. Colony).
  • 1800 CE: Beginning of general industrialisation.
  • 1874 (?) CE: The Suffragette movement claims responsibility for a bombing in the capital, demanding votes for working-class men and all women. The courts debate but shoot down the idea.
RL Cultural Inspiration(s): Jews, Levant, Carthage, Ancient Greece, Venice, Egypt
Religion in you nation: The Temple and Covenant of Great Promise, which practices Ibrahamic Judaism, forms the sole official religion in the Republic. Generally, other faiths are tolerated; but barely. It's effectively impossible to advance in Ibrahamic society without adhering to the faith of the Temple, or at least to some vague form of Judaism. Additionally, those of "pure" Ibrahamic decent are given greater respect within the temple.
Economic Info: The Republic has a strong maritime and mercantile history, and as such it has in many ways found it difficult to adapt to this new world of industrialisation; but adapt it has. Following the mechanisation of the Clockwork Empire, Ibrahama followed suit, and now maintains a strong industrial economy, supplemented by it's wealthy financial and mercantile sectors. The economy could be described as mercantilist.
Military Info: The Navy is the pride of the Ibrahamic military, and boasts both modern technology and great numerical strength, while the army is side-lined and the air force is seen as "a pipe dream". Military service is compulsory for men from ages 18-21 and for unemployed women from ages 18-19, leading to a large reservist force of close to 5 million. While this sounds powerful, the mere insinuation that this force were to be raised would likely lead to widespread economic collapse... the standing army sits at just under a million moderately-well trained souls, with modern equipment but lackluster leadership.
Est. total land area (mainland and colonies): no clue
Est. total population (mainland and colonies): 80 million
Proposed land claim: Here. Colonies optional.
Other Interesting Facts/Info about your nation: Is it a monarchy? Is it a republic!? Who knows!
RP Sample: There's a long list.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Camelone
Senator

Founded: Feb 20, 2015

Postby Camelone » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Gah I'm struggling to figure out what to write in the RP.
In the spirit of John Tombes, American Jacobite with a Byzantine flair for extra spice
I am... the lurker!
Ave Rex Christus!

Pro: The Social Kingship of Christ, Corporatism, Distributism, Yeomanrism, Tradition based Christianity, High Tory, Hierarchy, vanguard republicanism, Blue Laws, House of Wittelsbach, House of Iturbide, House of Kalākaua
Neutral: Constitutions, Guild Socialism, Libertarianism, Constitution Party, monarchism
Against: Communism, socialism, SJWs, materialism, the Democratic Republican Uniparty, material Egalitarianism
Family, Fatherland, Work
Results

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:51 pm

Camelone wrote:Gah I'm struggling to figure out what to write in the RP.

Drag away Mehdi or Tagan and talk to them
I'm really tired

Yasuragi
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 24, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Yasuragi » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:55 pm

I need to work heavily on resurrecting The Cleaved Crown. Would welcome ideas and input as to general plot strokes or RP suggestions within it.

The history is obviously outdated and needs heavy revision. viewtopic.php?p=30038882#p30038882

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates