NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 42 Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:40 am

The Darmeni National Baseball Team
presented by
The Batter-Up! Baseball League of Darmen

Style Mod: +2
Position                        Name                 Age Team
Manager Sawyer Pratt 58 Scott City Blue Jays
Pitching Coach Comgal Mac Cnáimhín 49 Tilden Islanders
Hiting Coach Maddox Lesauvage 38 Eau Claire Barons
Bench Coach Davie McCrory 58 Scott City Blue Jays
1st Base Coach Oscar Mendelsohn 51 Royal BC
3rd Base Coach Dorian Hierro 46 Eau Claire Barons
Infielders Coach Jon Ramsay 52 Menomonie Eagles
Outfielders Coach Darius Henryson 64 Augusta Athletics
Catchers Coach/Bullpen Catcher Valentine Sullivan 43 Scott City Blue Jays
Strength and Conditioning Coach Ithiel Millhouse 39 Royal BC
Trainer Yehoshua Arreola 33 Eau Claire Barons
Ball Boy Theutrich Santiago 12 Eagles (Scott City Little League)
Bat Boy Alby Abrams 12 Titans (Eau Claire Little League)

Postition Name                  Age Team                       Bats Throws
LHP Marc Moore 29 Scott City Blue Jays L L
LHP Gisbert McNab 35 Eau Claire Barons L L
LHP Zebedee Aleshire 33 Chippewa Falls Lumberjacks L L
LHP Jonathan Kevins 25 Tim City Athletics L L
RHP Mathis Langley 23 Eau Claire Barons R R
RHP Halstein Byrnes 30 Eau Claire Barons R R
RHP Clemente Lewin 26 Royal BC R R
RHP Wallace Haden 34 Tilden Islanders R R
RHP Haydn Fishman 28 Hallie Eagles R R
RHP Évrard Woodward 37 Liverpool Mustangs R R
RHP Amulius Holt 23 Augusta Athletics R R
AMP Merit Olhouser 30 Menomonie Eagles R Both

C Murrough Thayer 27 Scott City Blue Jays R R
C Gabby Cobb 26 Cadott Red Sox R R
1B Micheal Favager 22 Scott City Blue Jays S R
1B/3B Itamar Arnold 21 Royal BC S L
2B Philemon Hartmann 23 Darmen City White Sox S L
2B/SS Hughie Herman 28 Brady City Braves R R
SS Rodge Walterson 33 Stanley Loggers R R
3B Toviyyah Sherman 30 Bloomer Woodticks R R
LF Anthony Crawford 32 Eau Claire Barons L L
CF Gregor Maçon 24 Eau Claire Barons S L
RF Manu Corey 26 Scott City Blue Jays R R
OF Uri Reagan 21 Scott City Blue Jays S R
OF Dietfried Akers 24 Tilden Islanders R R

Pitching Rotation & Batting Order
1-Marc Moore
2-Zebedee Aleshire
3-Merit Olhouser
4-Clemente Lewin
5-Amulius Holt
All other pitchers are part of the bullpen, Évrard Woodward will serve as closer.

1-Murrough Thayer
2-Rodge Walterson
3-Micheal Favager
4-Anthony Crawford
5-Manu Corey
6-Gregor Maçon
7-Toviyyah Sherman
8-Pitcher
9-Philemon Hartmann
Darmen will not make use of the DH at any point in the tournament.

The first alternate uniform will be used for all night games during the group stage. The second alternate uniform will be used for day games away from home during the playoffs, with the exception of the final, though we doubt we'll get that far.

All Darmeni home games will be played at Royal Ballpark, capacity 40,000, located in Scott City. The stadium is home to Royal BC. Park Factor of 94.

Darmeni Baseball Style
Offensively, the top of the order has one job and one job only: get on base and stay on base. Contact hitting is the name of the game for those three, as they look to give the cleanup hitter plenty of opportunities for RBI's. For the cleanup hitter, hitting the ball as far as possible will be the most likely course of action, though having men on base while trailing will cause a more conservative approach to be taken. For the remaining batters, the hit and run, as well as conventional base stealing will be utilized. At any point where there are two outs in an inning, hitting for the fences will be likely. In other words, "Go BIG or go home."

Defensively, things will be fairly conventional, with defensive shifts occurring perhaps once every ten games and an extra man being brought into the infield perhaps once per tournament.

And finally, pitching. Strike zone, strike zone, strike zone. Throwing outside of the strike zone is highly frowned upon in Darmeni baseball, so pitch counts will likely always be in favor of the pitcher. That being said, expect a great deal of variance in pitch types, with most pitchers having four or five different pitch types in their repertoire. Some even have as many as seven. Also, Darmeni baseball fans love a good Eephus. Also, no intentional walks, ever. We ain't scared of no one.

Also, you may be wondering why many of the younger players are all switch hitters. In Darmen, all players are taught to bat with both hands, and many continue to do so until their mid to late twenties, when they finally make a decision on how they will bat.

RP Permissions
Choose my runscorers: Yes
Choose my lineup: Kinda, it's already listed, but you may make up to two changes either in the selection of players or a change in the batting order for each game.
Follow my pitching rotation: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes, but keep it somewhat realistic. Whatever that means.
RP injuries to my players: No
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Eject my players: Yes, but no more than one per game. As for the coaching staff, go nuts.
Godmod other events: Yes
Designated Hitter at Home: Teams may use the DH at their pleasure, though their pitchers might draw a great amount of heckling if they don't pick up a bat like a real man. "Bock...bock...CHICKEN!...bock...bock...bock!...CHICKEN!"
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Cosumar WBC42 Roster

Postby Cosumar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Cosumar National Baseball Team
WBC 42 - Free Republics

Team Information

Nation - The Fiefdom of Cosumar
Demonym - Cosumarite
Region - Atlantian Oceania
Official Colors - Royal Blue, White, Navy, Silver
Domestic League - Professional Baseball League of Cosumar ("PBL")

History - This will be Cosumar's 27th World Baseball Classic. Though the Dragons have a long history in this competition, they have never been particularly successful aside from one 2nd place finish. Our WBC 36 ranking of 6th was our highest ever, but has decreased sharply (to 24th) following some lackluster showings. WBC 41 was one of our worst yet, finishing 11-17 in a group and failing to even meet our usual minimum expectation of a Playoff berth.
Style Modifier - -2.5

Stadia

Primary Stadium - Orangi Field (Indoor, Capacity 55.000)

Sponsored by Cosumar's most popular carbonated beverage "Orangi Flavored Sodas", Orangi Field is an enormous indoor baseball complex in southwest port city Crawford. In pleasant weather, the dome's roof will open, welcoming that beloved sunny-day baseball game feel. However, in the event of heat or precipitation, the roof can be closed as seen below. Orangi Field was constructed prior to Cosumar's WBC 18 campaign. It has been selected to once again serve as the Dragons' primary home field for the 42nd World Baseball Classic. It is next-door to the similarly-named Orangi Stadium, a soccer stadium that houses Crawford City FC.

Secondary Stadium - Royal Park (Outdoor, Capacity 41.000)

Royal Park is a beautiful old-fashioned field that serves as the home field for our most famous domestic team, the Ramusok Royals. Although not as high-tech as Orangi Field, Royal Park is legendary because of its rich history. It is known as Royal Park not just because of the name of its tennant, but also because it is just right down the road from the Royal Palace in the historic Omrade av Storslagenhet (OAS) district. King James II himself is often sighted here for games. From the natural green grass to the cheap food, 60-year-old Royal Park offers the classic ballgame experience. Decades of tradition and amazing moments of Cosumarite baseball. It will serve as an alternate to Orangi Field in case of emergency, and our FIRST home game is always played here out of tradition.

Pitchers

First Starter (Ace) - Ezra McElgland - (L/L, 6"1, 185, 29M)
Second Starter - Kim Chaucer - (L/R, 5"8, 145, 25F)
Third Starter - Gujapan Na'Gwelo - (R/L, 6"2, 195, 30M)
Fourth Starter - Ingo Bischopps - (R/R, 6"4, 210, 26M)
Reliever (Long) - Agatha DeCosmo - (R/R, 5"10, 160, 29F)
Reliever (Long) - Larry Au - (L/L, 6"0, 200, 32M)
Reliever (Middle) - Zeb Cameron - (R/R, 6"5, 250, 32M)
Reliever (Middle) - Pär Svendsen - (L/L, 6"2, 200, 24M)
Reliever (Set-Up) - Skihera Vu'Faka - (R/R, 6"4, 170, 28F)
Reliever (Anytime/Utility) - Austen Rising - (S/R, 5"9, 160, 25F)
Closer - Sabine Caldera - (R/R, 6"5, 220, 33F)
Closer - Kia Kocurek - (L/L, 5"5, 105, 28F)

Infield

Starters at each position listed first

Catcher - Rosita Cantu - (R/L, 5"9, 145, 27F)
Catcher - Arséne Theissen - (L/L, 6"1, 235, 31M)
First Base - Vareza Na'Amea - (R/R, 6"4, 194, 29M)
First Base - Myrddin Förnufting - (L/L, 6"0, 215, 36M)
Second Base - Heri Pendergast - (L/R, 5"10, 180, 30F)
Second Base - Jansen Kiskke - (R/R, 6"0, 170, 25F)
Third Base - Stag Neuruther - (R/R, 6"1, 230, 29M)
Third Base - Du Va'Beke - (S/S, 6"7, 272, 24M)
Short Stop - Kaely Lykorian - (L/L, 5"4, 120, 26F)
Short Stop - Fabiola Graybeal - (R/R, 5"6, 110, 23F)

Outfield

Left Field - Saeed Mirza - (L/L, 6"1, 190, 26M)
Left Field - Runa Garciaparra - (R/R, 6"0, 215, 34F)
Center Field - Petri Mokkelo - (L/L, 6"3, 210, 33M)
Center Field - Moon Kivi - (S/L, 5"9, 155, 26F)
Right Field - Saevar Gudmundsson - (L/L, 6"5, 210, 31M)
Right Field - Waverly Fallon - (R/R, 5"9, 150, 32F)

Batting Order / Starting Line-up

1 - H. PENDERGAST - (2B, L)
2 - S. NEURUTHER - (3B, R)
3 - A. THEISSEN (DH/C, L)
4 - V. NA'AMEA - (1B, R)
5 - S. MIRZA - (LF, L)
6 - K. LYKORIAN - (SS, L)
7 - R. CANTU - (C, R)
8 - P. MOKKELO - (CF, L)
9 - S. GUDMUNDSSON (RF, L)

We prefer to use a Designated Hitter. If DHs are not in use, remove him from the batting order. Slide everyone else up one spot and place the pitcher last.

Uniform

The uniform of Cosumar Baseball, as is tradition, consists of a navy shirt with silver sleeves and pants. The hat is also navy, with a silver C in the center. The socks are silver with a blue stripe. The number will go in the top right corner of the front of the shirt and in the center on the back. The player's last name will be placed on the back, arched over the number.

Coaching Staff

Manager - Louis Copenhaver

This will be Copenhaver's fourth WBC in charge after replacing 71-year-old manager Toby MacHart, who led the team from WBC 32 to WBC 38. Copenhaver, 55, brings a fresh new approach but still offers a bevy of experience. Prior to this promotion, he served as Third Base Coach under MacHart for 15 years. He also took an unorthodox route to a coaching career compared to his colleagues. He was never a baseball player... or really much of an athlete at all. He was just a clumsy kid who loved to watch his hometown team, the Ramusok Royals. His enthusiasm for the Royals earned him the spot of "Bat Boy" at age 13. He stuck with the job for a few years and was taken under the wing of legendary manager Don Clintson. When their opening for Baserunning Coach eventually came up, Copenhaver was persistent and gave the Royals no choice but to hire him. He continued to move up in the organization. After ten years as the Royals' third base coach (the position he also held for the NT), he filled their managerial vacancy that opened up six years ago. Now he will lead the National Team as well. Who better to carry the legacy of Clintson and MacHart than their earnest protégée Copenhaver? Despite never playing the game, Copenhaver has earned the respect of players and coaches with his brilliant baseball mind and friendly demeanor. He exudes passion for baseball.

First Base Coach - Johnar Sunhold

Sunhold was a collegiate star at the University of Ankortroth and a former #1 draft pick. After a long and successful career as a slugger in the PBL (retiring at #4 all-time in home runs), he transitioned seamlessly into coaching. He started out as a batting coach for a few minor league teams but eventually worked his way up to a PBL managerial position three years ago. His success at the Goldstaff Golden Eagles has landed him the honor of being the First Base Coach for the National Team for the first time in this WBC. He's the energetic, youthful face of the coaching staff that relates best to the players and sorts out any locker room issues. 37 years old.

Third Base Coach - Joanie Sansom

Filling Louis Copenhaver's role following his promotion to the head job is Joanie Sansom, the first female NT coach in the history of Cosumar Baseball. Sansom, 56, is a veteran of the PBL as both a player and coach. She has managed three PBL clubs in her career, winning one title, but is currently serving as the President and GM of her hometown team, the Crawford Cocodragons. She has taken this side appointment with the National Team as a way to reconnect with her coaching roots and get back on the field. She is known for her warm, people-person demeanor and slow, colorful speech. But also for a sharp intellect hiding behind this charming facade.

OOC Permissions

Choose my run-scorers: Yes
Choose my lineup: Yes
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes, within reason
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but allow me to determine severity
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes
Eject my players: Yes
DH used at home: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes, but shoot me a TG
Last edited by Cosumar on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Tenburg
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenburg » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:39 pm

Tennish National Baseball Team

Nickname: Metros (or simply Mets)

Baseball was almost reduced to cult status in Tenburg until their appearance in WBC 40. The riotous atmosphere, coupled with Tenburg’s surprise run to the quarterfinals, and another playoff appearance in WBC41, made baseball incredibly popular, and as they head into their third Classic, it’s expected that both the rise in popularity, as well as their high level of play, will continue.

Some new faces will make the leap to the national team this time around; legendary slugger Michael McGuire retired at the conclusion of the previous Classic, thus hoisting Ossian Gallagher into the role of starting CF; rising youngster Timothy Perkins will be the new secondary CF and pinch hitter. Starting pitcher Peter “Bat” Masterson will be seeing action after a meteoric rise to the top of the NBL; he’ll look to continue the tradition of pitching excellence started by his countrymen, Rory Quinlan and Leo Kaiser. Braden Locke will be featured as closer in lieu of Logan O’Hara, who retired suddenly after throwing out his shoulder. Without “Mighty Mike” batting cleanup, Tennish star player Jack Lynch will be forced to step up his game to a whole new level, and hopefully he’ll improve the whole team around him as well.

Manager: K.C. O’Brien

PITCHERS
Starting Pitchers. Rotation will be determined by schedule.
#25 Rory Quinlan RHP
#43 Leo Kaiser LHP
#34 Peter “Bat” Masterson RHP
#31 James Cullen RHP
#47 Finbar Fallon LHP

Bullpen:
#41 Eamon Mahoney LHP
#56 Sean Flanagan LHP
#33 Enda Shannon RHP
#71 Vivian Lynch RHP
#38 Kieran O’Casey LHP
#44 Brian Kelly RHP

Closer:
#54 Braiden Locke RHP

FIELDERS (B/T)
Catchers:
#29 Conor Curren R/R
#10 Patrick Vincent L/L

1B:
#4 Dylan Maloney R/R
#12 Fergus McDonnell R/R

2B:
#32 Diane Fiore R/R
#22 Roy O’Sullivan L/R

SS:
#28 Dermot Canavan S/R
#11 John O’Dowd R/L

3B:
#5 Kyle Shanahan L/L
#02 Thomas Branagh R/R

LF:
#88 Shane Brannigan R/R
#95 Tommy McBride L/L

CF:
#13 Ossian Gallagher L/L
#94 Timothy Perkins

RF:
#66 Jack Lynch R/R
#19 Peter Joyce L/R

BATTING ORDER:
1. D. Canavan
2. D. Fiore
3. D. Maloney
4. J. Lynch
5. K. Shanahan
6. O. Gallagher
7. C. Curren
8. S. Brannigan
9. T. Perkins/Pitcher

RP info:
Choose my lineup: No
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: nothing that keeps them out for more than a game without a tg first please. no fatalities.
Godmod injuries to my players: no
Eject my players: yes, but tg me please
DH used at home: yes
I offer only slanderous mockeries!

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:21 pm

NEWMANISTAN ROCKETS

“Home of the Defending Champions and Five-Time Overall Champions!”

Let’s start with the technicalities:
My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my lineup: No, my lineup is listed here. Use that!
Follow my pitching rotation: Yes. I will normally include upcoming pitchers in my prior RP.
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but only say they are hurt. I will determine the severity.
Eject my players: Yes, on a basis of no more then one more then you eject from your own team.
Godmod other events: No
Use DH at home: Another “Hell no!” here
Style Modifier: -1.2
Park Factor: 93

Additional Information that is very important to me: Newmanistan does not prescribe to the modern day concept of pitch counts determining how long a starting pitcher is kept in for. In fact, pitch counts are not even kept track of outside of curiosity sake. Such count is not displayed on the scoreboard, so if you want to track it for your pitcher, you must do it manually.

– If Newmanistan has given up 2 runs or less and WON, then the starting pitcher has gone all nine innings. No ifs, ands, or buts. This is true even if it would have been a save situation.

– Another Newmanistan trait is aggressive base stealing. Think back to the days of Vince Coleman and Ricky Henderson in their primes.

Home Game Schedule Info:
(to be filled in eventually)

Head Coach: Ashley Stevens 61, Loudon Leopards
– Daughter of former Newmanistanian superstar pitcher Jessica Brasfield. Ashley went on to have a fantastic career in her own right, and will do her best to make sure that the Rockets live up to their legendary pitching performances of the past. The Leopards are the dominant pitching team at home. She is honored to be only the second coach ever in Newmanistan baseball history, and like her predecessor, won the title in her 4th try.

Hitting Coach: Chelsea Benjamin, 58, Pocono City Capitals
– Hit for decent power in her playing career, but she had an uncanny knack for being able to make contact. She is studious in observing a player’s mechanics, and can usually pick up on problems quickly to make sure hitting slumps are temporary.

Pitching Coach: Tracianne Conti, 57, Loudon Leopards
– Works with Murphy in Loudon to make sure that everything is perfect with the pitching. Conti is astute on being able to decipher when a pitcher is getting tired, and does not only use a pitch count number to do that. Intelligent on bullpen usage as well.

STARTING ROTATION:

1A) Courtney Duvall, 33, LHP, Loudon Leopards (#22)
– Duvall is a dominant pitcher at home that puts up some amazing numbers. In just four seasons, she has already won the Keisler (Cy Young) Award four times. She is tall, and while she can and will beat you with a fastball, it is her curveball and slider that make her so dominant. A splitter is also part of repertoire. Tossed a perfect game against Musterfield during WBC 39 qualifying. Margaret loves her, as evidenced by us (almost) always getting a favorable scoreline that is conducive for a good start. (May not always be a win, but its starting pitcher friendly a lot). Had a dominant WBC 40 campaign, but then was simply amazing in WBC 41, tossing a gen in Game 7 of the finals on pretty much, one leg. Now, some people are starting to worry about her climbing a little, but not an issue yet.

1B) Jennifer Hughes, 29, RHP, Jessicaville Millionaires (#42)
– In the last two years, Hughes has developed into a top starting pitcher in the Empire, and was second to Duvall in Keisler Award voting lat year. Hughes has been a part of the World Baseball Classic roster the last two classics, but as a long reliever. With her career absolutely taking off right now, she’s being given much more responsibility. In the shadows of Courtny Duvall, Jennifer actually had an outstanding WBC 41 herself.

1C) Hannah Lee, 23, LHP, South Charlotte Condors (#25)
– An up and coming starting pitcher in Newmanistan, who was recently selected #1 overall by South Charlotte. She was so dominant, especially with her fastball and splitter, that most feel great success for her is inevitable In WBC 40 at 19, she was added to the roster to get the WBC experience, and was not used a ton. Made a spot start in qualifying for WBC 41, and tossed a shutout. Tossed another key shutout in the playoffs. So when Duvall does retire, we got another one coming. This is the first time Hannah has officially been in the rotation.

1D) Jessica Gray, 27, LHP, Putnam Lake Eagles (#28)
– The southpaw loves to throw her curveball and slider, which is similar to how Courtney Duvall wants to get you out, as well. Jessica does not have quite as a good a fastball as Duvall, but relies on the wicked 12-6 break of her breaking pitches. Made her debut in WBC 41 in the rotation, and was hit and miss over the course of the campaign. When she’s on, she’s great!

1E) Andrea Courville, 24, RHP, Jessicaville Millionaires (#49)
– Andrea is not flashy, and sometimes people will wonder how she does it. Her secret is pinpoint location, and the ability to be a step ahead of the batter in keeping them guessing. Her curveball and slider are nasty, plus she even mixes in the screwball from time to time. Her fastball isn’t really super fast, but it just seems that way after facing the breaking stuff. This is her first time on the team, and will likely be used in mid-inning situations. Debuted in WBC 41 as a part of the bullpen, and after showing great progress the last two years, gets her first chance to be in the rotation here.

Bullpen:

Closer) Meghan Girardi, 34, LHP, Loudon Leopards (#43)
– Shannon Spencer, the scapegoat (and deservedly in most cases) for the games that we lost is no longer part of the team. The ball is now handed to Girardi for the ninth, but she’s got plenty of experience in the Classic having served as the set-up reliever a few times. In Game 7 of the WBC 41 finals, it was Girardi, and not Spencer who pitched the ninth for the save, so this was inevitable move. Not surprisingly, the fastball is her out pitch.

Set-Up) Katrina Payne, 25, RHP, Dover City Mountaineers (#44) (WBC Rookie)
– As the closer in Dover City, Katrina makes her debut in the 42nd Classic. It will be in the set-up role, which is the same role Girardi had last year. The righty has a good fastball, and will throw it often, but her curveball is what will leave batters shaking their heads on the way back to the dugout.

Michelle Tremont, 26, LHP, Centralia Cougars (#51)
– Tremont will be given more responsibility in what is her second Classic. Her out pitch is a fastball, and it is only that way because of how she excels in setting it up with a wicked cutter and split-finger. She’s a mid-inning reliever, more then anything else.

Kelsey Winkler, 31, LHP, Springfield Thoroughbreds (#40)
– A reliable reliever for mid-inning situations. Normally will be used for 2-3 innings at a time. Could go as much as five.

Alyssa Mackey, 33, RHP, Tundra Falls Mariners (#48)
– A versatile pitcher that could go as many as five innings, but is generally only going to be looked on in short relief.

Shannon Kelley, 28, RHP, Putnam Lake Eagles (#33) (WBC Rookie)
– Back to back career years have allowed Shannon to make the national team for the first time. She will be the utility reliever, in other words, she can be used whenever at any time. Gets batters out with a curve and slider.

Now, let’s meet the offense, shall we? Everyone returns. Why wouldn’t they?

STARTING LINEUP (Throws/Bats)
1) Hannah Bates- CF (R/S), 32, Putnam Lake Eagles (#8)
– Get your catcher ready, but even then it might not be enough. Bates is a pure contract hitter, and because of her amazing speed, she can turn singles into doubles, and leg out many infield singles. She has a good eye, and that walk you may surrender may soon end up a three base walk. Epitomizes the Newmanistanian legend of aggressive base stealing, and has no worries about stealing third as well. Doesn’t hit homers over the fence, usually, but can get the inside the park variety every now and then. Considered the unsung hero of our WBC 41 title team.

2) Lexi Alcorn- LF (R/S), 33, Springfield Thoroughbreds (#15)
– So what’s even more of a pain in the neck then having to deal with someone like Bates in the leadoff spot? Having a clone of hers batting second, like Alcorn.

3) Stephanie Reynolds- RF (R/S), 25, Pocono City Capitals (#14)
– Reynolds has impressed everyone at home with her power. As a rookie with Pocono City, she pounded out 49 long balls, while maintaining a BA of .318. She also has a great eye, and drew over 100 walks last season. Moves up from 6th in the batting order to 3rd, as Brittany Morgan is now 37 and has seen her play drop a bit to where she is no longer part of the national team.

4) Mallory Harris- 1B (L/S), 32, Southport Tigers (#27)
– The most dominant offensive player in Newmanistan today. Mallory can get it done in all aspects, hitting for power and average while also providing gold glove caliber defense. Oh, and she’s not afraid to steal a base or two, either. She also knows she’s good, and enjoys showboating. The type of player you love if they are on your team, and hate otherwise.

5) Kayla Carey- SS (R/R), 31, North Charlotte Wildcats (#5)
– Provides amazing defense in the middle of the infield, but also has a career batting average of .353, ranking tops in Newmanistan among active players. Sneaky power, and averages around 30 HR’s in a 162 game season. Speedy on the bases and a huge trash talker.

6) Michelle Covington- 2B (R/S), 31, Jessicaville Millionaires (#4)
– Known for a high level of swagger and flair, she loves to talk up with the best of them. She can hit too, and is more of an extra base hit threat then a power threat. Has bulked up a lot since the last classic. May show more power then expected. Slides up a spot from 7th to 6th.

7) Rachel Landry- 3B (L/L), 30, Olympia Gladiators (#18)
– Rachel has been a part of every WBC since our return, but has been the backup to Brittany Morgan every year until now. Still, she was always our assigned to be the designated hitter, so she got a fair amount of playing time. Now, she’ll get to show the world her glove, and that power-capable bat, more often.

8) Hannah Kent- C (R/S), 35, Dover City Mountaineers (#38)
–Hannah's batting average floats around .300, and enough power to respect (15-20 HR's per season). Great defensively.

9) Pitcher

DH When Necessary: Kenzie Magee- MI (#21)
Note: When the DH is used, Magee HITS EIGHTH, ahead of Heather Kent.

Bench:
Brianne Yeomans- C (#39)
Christine Hansen- CI (#19)
Lori Brewster- CI (#23)
Sierra Davis- CI (#7) (WBC Rookie)
Sydney Hassler- MI (#21)
Kenzie Magee- MI (#11)
Kelsey Brandis- OF (#7)
Ashley McCabe- OF (#12)
Meghan Streeter- OF (#17)
Jessica Novotny- Utility (#9)
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Siroy
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Siroy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Siroy National Baseball Team

The national baseball team was created for the 40th World Baseball Classic, and every player returns from that team to WBC 42. The original team was composed of amateurs with the exception of five professionals who had previously played in the Maklohi Vai leagues. After the strong performance of three others in WBC 40, Siroy now boasts eight professional players. Their names are italicized. Baseball is not the sport of choice in Siroy, but cricket players, who are quite abundant, can often transfer their skills.

Starting Lineup
CF #18 Richard Clarke (R/R)
SS #2 Molu Watani (R/R)
1B #3 Kwame Brighton-Ivys (L/L)
3B #9 Gilbert Harris (R/R)
RF #4 David Madison (L/L)
C #44 Lopu Makulatanai (R/R)
2B #17 Laurence Powell (R/R)
LF #6 Divesh Ramakrishnan (R/R)
Pitcher's Spot

Starting Rotation
#20 Jumani Brown (R/R)
#11 Weston Davis-Thomas (L/L)
#52 Anthony Freeman (R/R)
#43 Shawn Wilkes (L/L)
#14 Polutano Mokurukapai (R/R)

Bench
C #5 Ramutano Korukapani (R/R)
INF #33 Joseph Gebrselassie (R/R)
INF #7 Anshul Venkataram (R/R)
OF #19 Marcus Welmore (L/L)
OF #25 Anthony Patel (R/R)

Bullpen
#80 Andrew Teller (R/R) Long Relief
#48 Loku Nuwatarani (L/L) LOOGY
#35 Daniel Shifton (R/R) Set-up man
#30 Markiel Charles (R/R) Closer
#24 Timothy Harris (L/L)
#15 Steven Bensalem (L/L)
#64 Richard Davies (R/R)

RP Permissions
Choose my lineup: No, follow my lineup posted above.
Follow my Pitching Rotation: Yes, follow the rotation posted above.
Godmod scoring events: No
DH used at home: No
Godmod other events: No death.
Last edited by Siroy on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Banija National Baseball Team

Coaching Staff
With this team not competing since the XI Summer Olympiad, when they got a bronze medal at that tournament(even though it was a demonstration event), they have looked for outside help. The coaching staff, besides their pitching coach, is filled entirely with coaches from Ethane.
Manager- Raymond Cloutier. 60 years old.The veteran from Ethane will be leading Banija to their second World Baseball Classic.
Bench Coach- Nolan Ayotte. 74 years old. Very calm, cool, and collected. Takes over if Rezende is ejected.
Hitting Coach- Elliot Isabelle. 62 years old.
Pitching Coach- Yakuba Borussa. 56 years old. Likes big, tall, hard throwing pitchers. Only Banijan and non-Ethanian on the coaching staff.
1st base Coach-Cyrus Marshall. 60 years old.
3rd base Coach- Troy Galloway. 68 years old. Very aggressive, always looking for base runners to take that extra base. This has come back to bite him on more than a few occasions.

Mugisha III Field. Holds 39,000. First stadium named after Banija's most recently deceased King.
Banija plays with a DH when they play at home.

The roster consists entirely of players from Banija's college scene, as there is no full-time professional baseball league in Banija.

Batting Order
1 SS Hassan Ndiaye. #30. 22 years old. Right-handed. Bother of Lallo Ndiaye. Plays for the Islamic University of Busoga. F
2 CF Boubacar Iscaraba. #31. 21 years old. Switch-hitter(right-handed). Plays at Kizza I College.
3 3B Alanso Jallow. #5. 22 years old. Right-handed. Hits for power. Runs the base-paths poorly. Plays for Kizza I College.
4 DH Jebel Sowe. #12. 27 years old. Left-handed. The team leader and veteran, known to be an extremely clutch hitter. Plays first base if there is no DH. Alumnus of the Islamic University of Busoga.
5 LF Isaiah Essa. #19. 23 years old. Right-handed. Baserunners are most likely to run on him on a sacrifice fly. Plays at Golden Valley University.
6 RF Kamara Singateh. #30. 23 years old. Left-handed. Easily the best hitter on the team. Can hit for power and average. Plays for University of Ankole.
7 C Buba Ceesay. #9. 25 years old. Right-handed. Alumnus of the University of Ankole.
8 2B Ebrima Kah. #4. 23 years old. Right-handed. Plays for Loyola-Istria.
9 1B Kairaba Savaneh. #3. 25 years old. Left-handed. Alumnus of the University of Ankole.

If there is no DH, then Jebel Stowe will play first base, and the #9 slot in the batting order will be taken by the pitcher. Other than that, the lineup/batting order will not change.

Bench

OF Wassa Kinteh. #22. 24 years old. Right-handed. Often used as a defensive subsitute for Kamara Singateh. Best outfield thrower on the team. Plays for Northern Moravica.
1B/C Fabba Marenah. #25. 22 years old. Switch-hitter(right-handed). Plays at Northern Moravica.
2B/SS Omar Jassey. #2. 24 years old. Right-handed. Plays for the Islamic University of Busoga.
OF Wandi Bas. #14. 24 years old. Right-handed. Plays at Loyola-Istria.
IF Yoro Kargbo. #15. 25 years old. Right-handed. Very aggressive on the base-paths, can bunt for hits and steal bases. Alumnus of the Islamic University of Busoga. Started at shortstop Matchdays 1-9.

Starting Pitcher Rotation
1 Musa Sidibeh. #35. 25 years old. Right-handed. Easily the ace of this baseball team. Can hit 96 mph. Alumnus of Northern Moravica.
2 Junkung Corr. #33. 27 years old. Right-handed. Alumnus of Kizza I College.
3 Adama Jobateh. #6. 27 years old. Right-handed. Alumnus of University of Ankole.
4 Alasan Marong. #23. 26 years old. Left-handed. Alumnus of the Islamic University of Busoga.
5 Lallo Ndiaye. #24. 24 years old. Left-handed. Brother of Lallo Ndiaye. Alumnus of Loyola-Istria.

Bullpen
LRP Buwa Kabba #44. 23 years old. Left-handed. Ndiaye just barely beat him out for the 5th rotation spot. Plays at Golden Valley University.
MRP Idi Sene. #41. 25 years old. Right-handed. Alumnus of Kizza I College.
MRP Karamo Jammeh. #45. 24 years old. Left-handed. The main lefty in the pen. Alumnus of University of Ankole.
MRP Wassa Joof. #13. 23 years old. Right-handed. Alumnus of the Islamic University of Busoga.
SU Demba Branco. #17. 26 years old. Right-handed. Alumnus of Northern Moravica.
CL Abu Kayode. #48. 26 years old. Right-handed. Only pitcher on the team who can regularly hit 100 mph. Alumnus of Loyola-Istria.

Accomplishments
3rd place at XI Olympiad in Aeropag, Commerce Heights.

Choose my lineup: No (please use the lineup I posted; however make whatever substitutions you deem necessary if you RP injuries to any of my players).
RP injuries to my players: Yes (This is fine, just please mention the injury and how many games they will miss, if any).
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes (See above)
Eject my players: Yes (What fun is baseball without an ejection?)
Use DH at home: Yes
Style Modifier: -3
Park Factor: 60
Last edited by Banija on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

South Covello
Envoy

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South Covello » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:50 pm

South Covello World Baseball Classic 42 Roster

South Covello, after revolting against the Gregist terrorists in charge of Gregoryisgodistan, and launching their new free nation, will send a brand-new team to World Baseball Classic 32. Here's the lineup. The style mod is -5.

2B #1 Tim Jones (Bats R/Throws R, Age 23)
SS #3 Morbert Sanchez-Diaz (L/R, Age 27)
1B #33 Sam Bortee (L/L, Age 20)
DH #44 Trumbelle Elliot (R/R, Age 29)
LF #10 Ricardo Tavarez (S/L, Age 23)
RF #23 Bruno St. Pierre (R/R, Age 29)
3B #13 Ud Otter (R/R, Age 25)
C #20 Oddle Rivers (R/R, Age 22)
CF #25 Jumbo Jones (L/L, Age 25)

Note: If there is no DH, move Elliot to Left Field, Tavarez to Center Field, and bench Jones.

Pitching Rotation:

LHP #45 Andrew Cruz (Age 23)
RHP #51 Joe Halladay (Age 25)
RHP #29 Baxter Jay (Age 26)
LHP #99 Alfredo Estebaño (Age 23)

Bullpen:

LHP #39 Kyle White (Age 21)
RHP #38 Barrow Kansas (Age 34)
RHP #27 Tyler Brewhaus (Age 24)
RHP #22 Roger Ewingson (Age 19)
LHP #71 Billy Wagonwheeler (Age 20)

Bench:

C #60 Harold Pew (R/R, Age 17)
1B #47 Brian Morty (R/R, Age 25)
2B/SS #2 Derek Drew (R/R, Age 16)
SS/3B #66 Nick Nordelli (R/R, Age 17)
OF #14 Ted Crussivicci (L/L, Age 29)
OF #15 Jacoby Antolletti (R/R, Age 24)

Coaching Staff:

Manager: #61 Gene Buck (Age 47)
Pitching Coach: #59 Ty Howe (Age 50)
Hitting Coach: #40 Chris Clark (Age 39)
Bench Coach: #80 Alex Aeire (Age 49)
First Base Coach: #63 Alfredo Jones (Age 39)
Third Base Coach: #64 Nintendo Richardson (Age 69)

Stadium:

South Covello will play their home games at the newly built 8,500 seat Bayside Ballpark in Bayside on the coast of Covello Bay in the northern part of the country. Representing the nautical nature of the city, one of the distinguishing features of the park is a lighthouse on the berm down the right field line. The park modifier is 70 due to a constant strong wind blowing in off the bay that tends to knock down fly balls.

Choose my lineup: No, follow what I said
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but I decide severity
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes, see above
Style modifier: -5
Park modifier: 70
Last edited by South Covello on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:35 pm

THE ROCKET REPORT

CLASSIC KICKS OFF AGAIN

by Brianne Henry,

Quick! Name one positive thing that Newmanistan has never done in their World Baseball Classic history?

Give up? Well, the answer is that they have never repeated as champions. A backup answer for that is that they have never won one that they have hosted, but that’s not something that we will have to worry about for this edition. For every World Baseball Classic 10, 12, 15, 17; there was an 11, 13, 16, and 18. What’s interesting about World Baseball Classics 11 and 13 is that they were won by very good baseball playing nations that only ended up winning one title. Tocrowkia in 11, and Taeshan (yeah, those guys who just beat us in the World Bowl 34 title game), in 13. Perhaps that’s a good omen for one of those teams that have always been close, but not quite gotten there. West Phoenicia comes to mind in that regard. In #11, we made it to the final before losing to Tocrowkia, but in 13, were ousted by Taeshan. In World Baseball Classic 16, Cassadaigua took home their second title, and in the 18th, it was Sarzonia taking their first. Sure, if Newmanistan doesn’t win World Baseball Classic 42, it won’t be the end of the world, but if anyone is looking for motivation for this series, there you go.

Does Newmanistan have that spark in them? As a journalist, I got really into their climb from the ranks of the unranked in Classic #38, to getting the #3 ranking before #41. We wanted to win that fifth one before Schiltzberg. Then, after Super-Llamaland won the title in #40, we wanted to win number five before them, too. Now, the stigma is off a little bit. We have number five. They’re still on four. Maybe one of them gets number five this year but there was a sense that we eliminated any doubts that we were the best ever in the last Classic. The mission, you could say, was achieved. We’re back on the throne, all by ourselves. Schiltzberg has changed things up for this Classic hoping to knock us out, and Super-Llamaland is still going to be an amazing squad that was one game away from winning their fifth title. Cassadaigua lurks in the picture, too, and there are many other good teams out there. There’s a lot of teams, like a West Phoenicia, or Scootalove City, or even Nova Anglicana and Maklohi Vai who want to win their first, just like what happened in the Classic following three of our four titles.

Fortunately, because a journalist may feel that this Classic lacks some intrigue, that does not mean the team will. It’s a very similar roster that coach Ashley Stevens brings to the table, and it will be led by the amazing Courtney Duvall once again. She’s 33 now, but there’s been no signs of slowing up. Jennifer Hughes, the #2 pitcher, or #1B pitcher, is the reigning Keisler Award winner (Newmanistan’s Cy Young), and is primed for a big Classic. Then there’s Hannah Lee, and nobody did it like Hannah Lee last Classic. Coming from the bullpen and needing to make a spot start, Hannah shut out her opposition, and then tossed another key shutout in the playoffs. It was only natural that she became part of the rotation, and she is now in the #1C spot. Jessica Gray remained fourth in the rotation, and the final spot belongs to Jessicaville’s Andrea Courville. Andrea debuted on the team last year in the bullpen, but the 24-year old has been great at home, and won this spot. Brianne Burks and Kaitlyn Carroll, two inconsistent starters from the last couple Classics were not named to the team. You’ll notice something similar with the batting lineup, as everyone returns, except for Brittany Morgan, who’s started at 3B. At 37, Brittany’s numbers have dipped at home, so Rachel Landry gets the start at that position. The veteran has been the designated hitter, when we have to use that when dictated by opponents, since Classic 38, so she’s got plenty of experience. So, while mostly everything remains the same, perhaps some of the new youth and first-timer infusions, especially with the pitching staff, will provide enough of a spark for the team to make up for the “hangover effect” of being a Champion.

World Baseball Classic 42 is hosted by Free Republics, and the organizers have cut down on the travel costs for all nations by scheduling series actually as a series. Meaning, there will not be three individual trips to a country to play one game a single time, each time; but one trip to each country, and three games played while there. Why haven’t we done this before? Don’t tell me it was just because of the way computer programs operate! This creates a little bit of a difference in arranging the pitching rotation, where as before coach Stevens arranged the rotation to get the best matchups for each pitcher. Since groups of 6 were common, that meant you could continue to match the same pitcher against the same opponent. The current structure will prevent that from happening. I don’t think it really makes a difference in as far as being easier or more difficult for a pitcher, or for a team. That will really be decided on an individual level. One thing this Classic has in common with the last one, is that Newmanistan has the hosts in their qualifying group. Free Republics, ranked #34 is the “pot 3" team. The team closest to the Rockets in rank is South Covello, ranked 19th. They used to be known as Gregoryisgodistan, but because of their recent struggles in the World Baseball Classic, they decided to change the name of the nation. Oh, and a psychotic dictator was brought to justice. And the people are free now. Ok, those are the real reasons, but it sounded better with my initial idea. The other three opponents are Carstantinopipal, Yoannes, and Krossa. They are unranked. Will one of them become the great unranked team that stuns everyone? No one knows right now, but the Rockets aren’t usually caught off guard. Just look at Tenburg when we met in the World Baseball Classic 40 playoffs.

The first opponent for the Rockets will be Krossa on their home turf. What an amazing treat it is for those baseball teams to have the greatest baseball team of all time at their stadium for the opening of the Classic. They’ll even get to see Courtney Duvall pitch the opener, followed by Jennifer Hughes, then Hannah Lee. It’s time to play, and the Rockets shoot for six!
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Hampton Island Golden Bears

Manager: Matthew Davis, 48

Lineup:
1) Adam Voorman, 26- CF (Speedy, likes to run and great with glove)
2) Patrick Seguin, 29- SS (Contact hitter with great range)
3) Sebastian Terry- C, 27 (Power threat, calls game very well)
4) Brad Thomas, 29- RF (Home run or strike out most of the time)
5) Kalvin Nellis, 30- 3B (Better all-around hitter then Thomas, just not quite as much power)
6) Larry Huckston, 28- 1B (Contact hitter, great with runners in scoring position)
7) Bryce Mueller, 26- 2B (Deceptive power, very intelligent player)
8) Anthony Cianci, 28- LF (Does everything well, nothing extraordinarily well)
9) Michael Patterson, 33- DH (Infielder otherwise, contact hitter)

Bench:
1) David Carson, 26- C
2) Robert Orville, 27, 1B, 3B
3) Phil Haggarty, 24, 1B, 3B, OF
4) Claudio Gonzalez- 26, OF
5) Jerome Jurdeen- 21, 2B, SS
6) Scott Van Allen- 23, 2B, SS

Rotation:
1) Chris Tyson, 29 (RHP)- Hard thrower, not afraid to throw at batters
2) Dean Douglas, 26 (RHP)- Good fastball but nasty breaking pitches
3) Cory Clover, 23 (LHP)- Up and coming phenom, nasty curveball
4) Jake Williams, 29 (LHP)- Splitter is his speciality
5) Marcus Snyder, 34 (RHP)- Knuckleballer

Bullpen:
1) Garrett Grogan, 32 (RHP)- Middle/Long Relief
2) Bill Begley, 31 (LHP)- Middle/Long relief
3) Matthew Combs, 33 (LHP)- Middle relief
4) Bryan Prater, 24 (RHP)- Short relief
5) Aaron Mayfield, 27 (LHP)- Short relief
6) Chad Whitlock, 26 (LHP)- Set-up
7) Martin Reynolds, 28 (RHP)- Closer

Stadium- National Stadium (Capacity- 68,217) in Stafford City
Park Factor- 115
Style Modifier- +1

RP injuries to my players: Yes
Last edited by Hampton Island on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Super-Llamaland » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:05 pm

SUPER-LLAMALAND WBC42 ROSTER

Not being the first to five has seriously disappointed this squad, and Laurent Mårtensson has changed things up accordingly - as he tends to do. But don't let the seven-game series loss to Newmanistan and the new faces fool you. This is still the same core that won the Tigers WBC40. And a championship remains the expectation. But with team chemistry still suspect after Axel Florentssen's death, and injuries to a handful of roster mainstays, they could just have to wait until next year.

UNIFORMS

A little bit of a change for the Tigers, as they’ve switched from a domestic-based kit supplier to No Nonsense of Filindostan. The change in suppliers is accompanied by a change in design. The "home"s remain mostly unchanged, as NNS has provided a slightly brighter version of the popular blue-and-golds. The away uniforms have gone back to a common trend from the past - pinstripes - on a vibrant green background.

NICKNAME: The Tigers
MANAGER: Laurent Mårtensson
ACHIEVEMENTS: Four WBC championships (28, 30, 31, 40), seven finals appearances (28-31, 37, 40, 41), one IBS championship, co-hosts of WBC30
Style Modifier: -2

STADIUM:
Tyler Rocke Memorial (43,500) in downtown New Llama City, former host of the WBC30 finals and a number of Baseball Club Championships matches. Home to the New Llama Wizards. Park Factor: 130

PLAYSTYLE

The Tigers put speed and defense first: their entire starting lineup is at least above-average with the glove, and most are positional standouts. They're a little bit less aggressive on average than one would expect on the basepaths considering most of the players’ speed, but if pitcher or catcher can't hold runners on very well, they won't hesitate to rack up the stolen bases. The team doesn't rely on one single batter to knock in runs; the team is a bit less powerful than others of its caliber, but most players get their fair share of extra-base hits by hitting a disproportionate number of doubles and triples. Pitchers generally excel at pitch command and sequencing, and most manage to get above-average spin and movement on their balls.

The team is noted for their intense study of both analytics and video (which, after recent government investment, has become even more intense), thus making them a bit different from most national teams. This is seen both in lineup selection and in preparation for games.

INFIELDERS

Sofia RASMUSSEN, #8, 34, C-1B, R/R - New Llama Wizards

Nicolas ROUSSEAU, #6, 31, 1B, L/L - Apple Valley Vipers

Hector RINALDI, #4, 27, SS-2B, S/R - New Llama Cyclones

Markus WRIGHT, #24, 29, UTIL, S/R - New Llama Cyclones

Emery NOVAK, #18, 31, 3B-LF-RF, R/R - Kyrinson Twin Pines

Catcher Sofia Rasmussen remains a Llamanean star and arguably the world’s best catcher: one of the team’s leaders, she’s a brilliant pitch-framer and an expert contact hitter (holding the national record for seasonal batting average at a videogame-esque .417) who has found considerable power recently. Nicolas Rousseau, despite his deceiving height of five-nine, is known for both his slugging bat and defensive acumen, and has cemented his spot in the starting lineup of the Tigers. Up the middle, the team will play the dynamic pairing of former college superstar Markus Wright and the speedy Hector Rinaldi. Wright and Hector Rinaldi may be the best double-play pairing in the world, but both get their fair share of hits as well. At third base, Emery Novak is known for his diving stops and strong arm, and should hold his own offensively for the Tigers as well in addition to being arguably their best defensive infielder. All five players are stars at their respective positions, all offering the speed, defense, and doubles power this team is so known for in droves. This infield will be an excellent core for years to come.

Carsten RIVIERA, #41, 27, C-1B, R/R - New Llama Cyclones

Victoria RADOVIC, #10, 26, UTIL, L/R - City of Dinschria

Dominik KÄSTNER, #12, 22, 2B-SS-CF, S/R - Derrierton Surge

Cameron MORTENSEN, #31, 29, 1B-3B, S/R - Apple Valley Vipers

A pretty solid bench selection. Carsten Riviera is a solid defensive catcher with a lot of power, having hit thirty or more home runs for four consecutive seasons. He’d be starting for almost any other team in the world - but Sofia Rasmussen is simply too good, and Riviera will have to be content with second choice for now. A big bat, Riviera will be expected to DH if necessary. Eyrelian-Llamanean Victoria Radovic is a strong defender at virtually every infield position, and she has the speed and doubles power emblematic of this Tigers team as well. Dominik Kästner was made the first overall pick by Derrierton out of high school just two years ago, but he’s already a legitimate five-tool talent and borderline all-star in the LBL and more than deserving of his spot on the team - and, arguably, Rinaldi's spot in the starting lineup. Last but not least, corner infielder Cameron Mortensen has been part of the Apple Valley Vipers’ core since his debut, and it’s not hard to see why - although he’s not a superstar, he’s a very versatile, well-rounded player with a lot of strengths.

OUTFIELDERS

Megan SJÖBERG, #16, 30, OF, S/R - Rogers Whitecaps

Gudjon FRANDSEN, #28, 26, OF, R/R - Apple Valley Vipers

Lucien RUSSO, #32, 27, OF, S/R - Vargas City Lions

Arguably the best the Tigers have had in years, the outfield is definitely one of this team’s strengths. Gudjon Frandsen has firmly established himself as the starting center-fielder - he’ll never hit for that much power, but stealing sixty bases two seasons ago - an LBL record - and earning a seventh consecutive All-League Defensive First Team award last season will make up for it. And his plate discipline has only improved. Meanwhile, Lucien Russo is a physical specimen with unheard-of defensive range, power, and speed. He’s fully put his knee issues behind him, and impressed everyone with the fourth 30-30 season of his career last year. New addition Megan Sjöberg doesn't come with the hype and electric playstyle that Frandsen and Russo bring to the table. However, with Isak Gunnlaugson retiring from the national team, she does offer on-base ability, plus speed, doubles power, and excellent defense - and, after a recent breakout, she's one of the best contact hitters on the team as well.

Cory IGLESÍAS, #33, 23, OF, R/R - Vargas City Lions

Khris BARTLETT, #18, 25, OF, L/L - BC Northern Emerald

Don't let the age fool you - 23-year-old Cory Iglesías, nearly dubbed Rookie of the Year in the LBL last season despite being drafted in the fourth round and going straight to the majors, is incredibly polished. A natural leader, Iglesías is an impressive contact hitter with his fair share of power to the gaps. And although he's not as athletic as you might expect after multiple leg injuries, no amount of injuries can sap his incredible feel for the game - especially in terms of baserunning, where he's likely to finesse extra bases out of nowhere. Bartlett, on the other hand, is a converted pitcher who couldn’t make it in the LBL, and it shows - although he’s incredibly athletic and a brilliant defender, his batting skills are still a work in progress. He’s most likely to be used as a pinch-runner or a late defensive replacement, and he would excel in either role.

PITCHERS

note: the Tigers will experiment with starting rotations, likely playing all five for the first fifteen matches, but switch to a four-person rotation (likely demoting the fifth starter to long relief) after the halfway point of the group stage.

Justin ZHENG, #13, 36, R - Nandaozhou Sharks

Zheng throws a low-nineties fastball with movement and complements it with a number of decent breaking pitches - curveball, changeup - as well as his legendary slicing 93-mph shuuto, dubbed longdexuanzhuan by fans of his hometown Nandaozhou Sharks, who he’s recently signed a two-year extension with. Combined with his ability to outthink hitters, he’s easily the best pitcher the nation has seen in a long time and the undisputed staff ace until his retirement - but is he starting to show cracks after another brilliant but human season?

Natalie WU, #49, 26, L - New Llama Cyclones

Made the number-one draft pick by Northern Emerald three years ago, Wu made an immediate impact on her team, becoming Emerald’s undisputed ace before being dealt for a massive package to the New Llama Cyclones, a decision that probably keeps Northern Emerald’s management up at night. With the Cyclones, she’s turned into a bona fide ace and constant Magnusson Award contender. Wu’s arsenal is one of the team’s best. The lefty can command five different pitches - a low-90s fastball with a lot of movement, a slider, cutter, changeup, and an excellent 12-to-6 curve. A fan favorite too after delivering a masterpiece against Newmanistan in game five of the WBC40 semifinals.

Matthias GILSON-ENGEN, #38, 29, R - Kyrinson Twin Pines

Former national team closer Drew Gilson’s nephew has finally come into his own as a starter. GIlson-Engen has put his injury concerns behind for Kyrinson and grown into his full potential. Can’t quite throw as hard as his uncle, topping out in the mid-90s with his fastball, but couples his speed with an utterly dominant curve and solid changeup. Previously the most likely candidate to succeed Zheng as the staff ace, but he’s had problems performing in the clutch for both team and country.

August BENDTNER, #48, 22, L - Denison Patriots

A late replacement for the injured Jacob Burr, but could turn out to be better than his team’s ace. An electrifying talent whose repertoire is centered around one of the best curveballs the nation has ever seen, complemented well by a mid-90s fastball. Admittedly has a bit of a temper, and has ever really been able to control his pitches well or find that elusive third pitch, but has world-beating potential. Rumored to be looking for a move abroad, and is also strongly supportive of Northern Llamanea independence.

Genevieve STRAUSS, #21, 20, R - Mendel Mets

Genevieve Strauss is exactly who the Tigers needed to fill in for Maddie Wagner, even if their playstyles are...more than a little different. Like Wagner, Strauss is fearless and composed under pressure, famously pitching gem after gem to carry a below-average Mets team to the semifinals. Like Wagner, Strauss is a team leader who steps up in the clutch. And like Wagner, Genevieve Strauss has serious command. Unlike Wagner - very, very unlike Wagner, in fact - Strauss can hit triple digits. Her biggest obstacles to superstardom? A bit of an attitude problem - she tends to not turn it up until she has to - and a lack of secondary stuff beyond an inconsistent - but absolutely scintillating - slider. A gamble - but she should be worth it.

A note: these are their recommended roles, but most of these are elite Llamanean relievers and can fill other roles pretty well. In the Llamanean baseball leagues, roles tend to be flexible. The closer usually isn't the best pitcher - that'd be the fireman. Think Dellin Betances or 2014 Wade Davis - not just limited to the ninth inning, but to the most high-leverage situations. Cameron has continued to modernize his bullpen management, and this could begin to be true for the closer as well. Specialty pitches are marked with an asterisk. The Middle Long reliever will usually be relied on in 5+ out situations (e.g. a 6-3 lead in the sixth inning or something).

Long: Aurelio GOMES, #66, 27, R - Nandaozhou Sharks - fastball, cutter*, changeup
LOOGY: Cameron BOURNE, #56, 28, L - South Falls Athletic - two-seam fastball*, slider, changeup
Middle Long: Marcus HONG, #58, 32, R - Xingcheng Renaissance - fastball, slider*
Middle: Erik BOHR, #61, 28, L - Kyrinson Twin Pines - fastball, changeup*, slider
Middle: James BRENNEMAN, #39, 28, R - New Llama Cyclones - fastball, sinker*, slurve
Middle: Brittany ZHEN, #45, 29, R - New Llama Wizards - fastball, slider, changeup*
Middle: Trevor GONSALVES, #83, 26, L - Vargas City Lions - fastball, sinker, curveball*, changeup
Closer: Anthony BEAUREGARD, #67, 22, R - BC Northern Emerald - fastball**, slider, changeup
Fireman: Jason VAN DIJK, #51, 30, L - Vargas City Lions - fastball**, cutter*, sinker, changeup

OTHER INFORMATION

Manager: Laurent MÅRTENSSON, 59
Bench Coach: Mark DELLAVEDOVA, 50 (Manager, South Falls Athletic)
Pitching Coach: Evan MASORKA, 58 (Manager, New Llama Wizards)
Hitting Coach: Jake EARNEST, 53 (Hitting coach, Rogers BC)
First-base Coach: Emile CASTOR, 68 (Manager, New Llama Cyclones)
Third-base Coach: Trevor HOFFPAUIR, 69 (Third-base coach, Rogers Whitecaps)
Bullpen Coach: Amanda SJÖBERG, 50 (Pitching Coach, Apple Valley Vipers)
Team Trainer: Rick AMELIO, 67 (Trainer, South Bryant Chariots)
Video Coordinator: Marcus PEREIRA, 55 (Video Coordinator, BC Northern Emerald)
Strategy Consultant: Julius WOODMAN, 27 (Director of In-Game Strategy, Emerald City Greens)
Head Advance Scout: Britt JOHANSSEN, 57 (Director of Scouting, South Falls Athletic)

Laurent Mårtensson, the manager behind two of Llamanean baseball’s greatest dynasties, the mid-10s Apple Valley “Invincibles” and the early-twenties New Llama Wizards three-peat, is nothing short of an utter coup by the LFA. Lured out of an early retirement, the half-Arondic mastermind will be expected to build another dynasty with the Tigers. And if anybody can do it, it’s Mårtensson. He’ll be working with almost the exact same coaching staff that won WBC40 and nearly won WBC41. On paper, this coaching staff has a lot of starpower on it, and they work very well together.

1. SS Markus Wright (S/R)
2. C Sofia Rasmussen (R/R)
3. 3B Emery Novak (R/R)
4. RF Lucien Russo (S/R)
5. 1B Nicholas Rousseau (L/L)
6. LF Megan Sjöberg (S/R)
7. 2B James Hao (S/R)
8. CF Gudjon Frandsen (R/R)
9. Pitcher

1. SS Markus Wright (S/R)
2. C Sofia Rasmussen (R/R)
3. 3B Emery Novak (R/R)
4. RF Lucien Russo (S/R)
5. 1B Nicholas Rousseau (L/L)
6. DH Carsten Riviera (R/R)
7. LF Megan Sjöberg (S/R)
8. 2B James Hao (S/R)
9. CF Gudjon Frandsen (R/R)

Lineups are subject to change.

#2 - 2B Max Danks (WBC23 - WBC29)
#3 - C Michael Trabajen (WBC30 - WBC32)
#5 - CF Megan Peterson (WBC28-WBC32)
#7 - 3B Alex Cameron (WBC23-WBC28)
#14 - SP Brittany Hendrickson (WBC28-WBC32)
#15 - SS Darren Bradley (WBC23-WBC28)
#17 - SP Axel Florentssen (WBC38-WBC41)
#23 - SP AJ Rondout (WBC29-WBC32)
#26 - OF Tanya Ericsson (WBC34-WBC40)
#30 - RF Jake Earnest (WBC28-WBC32)
#35 - RF Owen Duffy (WBC34-WBC37)
#43 - SP Evan Masorka (WBC23-WBC29)
#44 - RP Nick Bowden (WBC23-WBC28)

Choose my lineup: Yes, within reason
Godmod scoring events: Yes, but TG for approval to be safe
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but I determine severity
Godmod injuries to my players: No unless explicit approval
Eject my players: TG for approval (Llamaneans don’t get ejected often)
Godmod other events: TG for approval
Use DH at home: Absolutely Not
Last edited by Super-Llamaland on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Eighth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, Population: ~56,000,000
5x World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42)
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Hicanans in Exile
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hicanans in Exile » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:08 pm

SECOND THIRD FOURTH FIFTH TIME'S THE CHARM?: HICAÑA WBC42 ROSTER

Every nation takes their own path to the WBC. But perhaps none of these paths have been harder than that of the Society of Hicañans Abroad. Since the Hicañan Civil War broke out, the nation has struggled to return to stability and resolve the underlying tensions that led to the number of conflicts Hicaña has recently been pushed through. With foreign assistance, the Fourth Republic managed to purge itself of President Sandoval's autocratic, far-right regime. Unfortunately, efforts to set up a new government led by Solomon Ervine failed, and Hicaña finally collapsed into non-existence. Now, a number of expatriates are beginning to re-introduce the idea of Hicaña with the Society of Hicañans Abroad, which is beginning to resettle the nation. And the nation's fledgling sports teams could play a vital role in engaging Hicaña.

Just looking at results, WBC39 and WBC40 did an excellent job of doing so, as the Phoenixes somehow scrapped their way into the Round of 16 at the former before falling to Schiltzberg. But the Phoenixes are more dysfunctional than you'd expect, as the baseball team has become the site of a brutal power struggle between superstar manager Alex Cameron, who now finds himself with the backing of the Hicañan government, and certain factions of the Hicañan Baseball Association, including a number of former players who have refused to play for Cameron. This team has the talent to go far...but they probably won't, if the last two classics are any indication.

Manager: Alex Cameron (formerly of South Falls Athletic and the Llamanean National Team)
Assistant Manager: Christopher Morgan (formerly of Rogers Whitecaps)
Stadium: The Miguel Molina Metropolitan in Keslapisces, Miklandia (38,000, Park Factor 199)
Style Modifier: +5

RP Permissions
RP injuries to my players: Yes, I determine severity
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes, TG Super-Llamaland before posting
Eject my players: Yes, but only if you eject an equal number of your players
DH used at home: No
Godmod other events: Yes, but I reserve the right to ignore it, TG to be safe

STARTING LINEUP WITHOUT DH

1. SS Hansel CARLOS (#2, 27 y/o, S/R, Xingcheng Renaissance)
2. RF Morgan HERNANDEZ (#77, 24 y/o, R/R, BC Rogers)
3. CF Alfonso ALMENDAREZ (#1, 24 y/o, S/R, Keslapisces)
4. 3B Juan José CALDERÓN (#7, 30 y/o, L/R, Niesburg Athletik)
5. LF Diego VELASQUEZ (#13, 25 y/o, R/R, Keslapisces)
6. C Yannick HECHAVARRÍA (#23, 27 y/o, R/R, New Llama Wizards)
7. 1B Sebastian GUZMÁN (#3, 36 y/o, L/L, Derrierton Surge)
8. 2B Olivier VALDEZ (#12, 27 y/o, R/R, Bartolomé Bombers)
9. Pitcher

STARTING LINEUP WITH DH

1. SS Hansel CARLOS (#2, 27 y/o, S/R, Xingcheng Renaissance)
2. RF Morgan HERNANDEZ (#77, 24 y/o, R/R, BC Rogers)
3. CF Alfonso ALMENDAREZ (#1, 24 y/o, S/R, Keslapisces)
4. 3B Juan José CALDERÓN (#7, 30 y/o, L/R, Niesburg Athletik)
5. DH Gonzalo IGLESIAS (#10, 35 y/o, R/R, Bartolomé Bombers)
6. LF Diego VELASQUEZ (#13, 25 y/o, R/R, Keslapisces)
7. C Yannick HECHAVARRÍA (#23, 27 y/o, R/R, New Llama Wizards)
8. 1B Sebastian GUZMÁN (#3, 36 y/o, L/L, Derrierton Surge)
9. 2B Olivier VALDEZ (#12, 27 y/o, R/R, Bartolomé Bombers)

BENCH

C Angel IGLESIAS (#30, 29 y/o, S/R, Derrierton Surge)
MIF Matthias ÁLVAREZ (#25, 35 y/o, L/R, Apple Valley Vipers)
OF Domingo PEÑARANDA (#30, 24 y/o, R/R, East Llama Athletic)
UTIL Lucas CORREA (#39, 26 y/o, R/R, City of Dinschria)

STARTING PITCHERS

1. Erik SEPÚLVEDA (#11, 34 y/o, L, Keslapisces)
2. Michael SANTANA (#37, 25 y/o, R, South Falls Athletic)
3. Gabriel ARROYO (#75, 31 y/o, R, Bartolomé Bombers)
4. Marcos TORRES (#55, 34 y/o, L, Emerald City Greens)
5. James ALVARADO (#50, 29 y/o, R, Xingcheng Renaissance)

RELIEVERS

Long: Andrew HERRERA (#57, 25 y/o, R, Nandaozhou Sharks)
LOOGY: Adrian DEL POTRO (#59, 27 y/o, L, BC Northern Emerald)
Middle: Javier RAI (#60, 30 y/o, R, BC Montgomery)
Middle: Nicolás PUNTABAJA (#66, 31 y/o, L, Dynamo Hlavné)
Setup: Franklin SANTOS (#42, 35 y/o, R, Puntabaja Storm)
Closer: Carlos FELIZ (#48, 30 y/o, R, Brookport Lions)
Fireman: Johan VELASQUEZ (#37, 26 y/o, L, Puntabaja Storm)
Last edited by Hicanans in Exile on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE SOCIETY OF HICAÑANS ABROAD • La Sociedad de Hicaños en el Exterior
Leader: ??? • Capital: An Office In Nikcoro • Population: ~3500

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:45 am

Ko-orenite National Baseball Team

Starting (by batting order):
CF - Suemoto Ishimaki, RH, Katashi Giants
RF - Kagekata Suda, LH, Aonishi Challengers
SS - Katatake Gotou, RH, Katashi Generals
(DH)
1B - Vianol Sivurila, RH, Aviansola Admirals
LF - Nick Rondhuis, RH, Western Wanderers
C - Sudasuke Kimura, LH, Katashi Giants
2B - Adrien Silvestre, RH, Western Wanderers
3B - Cativo Varivuliva, RH, Aviansola Admirals
(P)

Bench:
C - Dava Beruvola, RH, Aviansola Admirals
C - Juan Berganza, LH, Santa Teresa Stars
IF - Masatoki Enomoto, RH, Katashi Giants
IF - Hidehiro Kobayakawa, RH, Echizen Dragons
IF - Chikafusa Watanabe, LH, Teragaseki Dynamo
OF - Tametoki Atagi, RH, Aonishi Challengers
OF - Ariteru Iwasaki, LH, Katashi Giants
DH(OF) - Kagesuke Kagae, RH, Arakura Knights

Rotation:
LHP Tsunehisa Kumagaya, Katashi Giants - often for high profile matches
RHP Mochiyoshi Doi, Echizen Dragons
RHP Kasper Brands, Western Wanderers - often for high profile matches
LHP Luciano Lopez, Santa Teresa Stars
LHP Mochitada Niiro, Teragaseki Dynamo

Bullpen:
RHP Tacaro Cevocalu, Aviansola Admirals - Middle relief
LHP Moises Carballar, Ferrovente Whales - Left handed specialist
LHP Sueuchi Kaneko, Nitoya Silvers - Middle relief
RHP Sanemichi Kikuchi, Katashi Giants - Setup man/8th inning
RHP Nathan Chauveau, Western Wanderers - Middle relief
LHP Parevu Uvulivelu, Aviansola Admirals - Closer

Choose my starting pitcher: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: Yes
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:06 pm

Nawang Gurung's mother was bustling around putting things in suitcases and gushing about how proud she was that he had made the national team, "You've really made the big time now, it's so exciting, who would have thought my little Nawang would grow up to be the best first baseman in the whole empire? I'm so proud of you! Oh, you need to bring an umbrella." She was trying to help him pack, but in reality, she was getting in the way more than she was helping. Nawang noticed some mysterious containers, made of heavy material like the giant thermos bottles they used to store hot water for tea, sitting next to his luggage.

"Hey mom, what are these?" he asked.

"That's bottled oxygen for your trip," his mother answered.

"What do we need that for? I'm going to play baseball, not climb Chomolungma!" Nawang protested.

"Better safe than sorry," said his mother. "You never know when you might need it."

Nawang scoffed. "You never know when you might need a parachute," he said. "Did you pack that too?"

"Yes, darling. It's in your red suitcase," said his mother. "I also got you a first aid kit, a gun, a portable generator, an electric defibrillator, and an antidote to snake venom. You never know when you might need them."

"What? Why? How am I even supposed to carry all that stuff?"

"Don't worry about that. It'll all fit in your suitcase, no problem."

"HOW???" Nawang demanded.

His mother smiled. "Deep in the Himalayas, there is a monastery where the monks know a secret weaving technique. In this monastery, they make a special cloth which can be used to fold space and time, so you can fit more in your luggage."

"Mom, we don't live in a comic book," Nawang said. "Monks from monasteries in the Himalayas are just like monks anywhere else. They don't have magic powers."

"Don't be silly, Nawang," his mom said. "Of course Himalayan monks have magic powers. How else do you think they run everything?"

Nawang sighed. His mom was nice enough, but sometimes she got some weird ideas lodged in her head, and there was no point in arguing with her. "Never mind," he said.

Tao Xi drove past shops, Nanjing University, the old city wall... The wall was mostly intact, except for the gaps where the stone had been removed to make way for roads, but it hadn't been much use in protecting the city. Nanjing had still been conquered by the Sherpas. So now, instead of Nanjing being the capital of China, it was a backwater -- and instead of the national baseball team playing at Mandarin Park, they were playing at Syangboche, and Tao Xi had to lug his gear to the airport and take a long flight up to Lukla-Namche. It annoyed him, not just because the trip was a hassle, but because it offended his ethnic pride.

His wife, Huihui Lin, was sitting beside him in the passenger's seat, having an animated conversation on her phone. She was speaking Sherpa, and he wasn't listening that closely, so he didn't know exactly what the conversation was about. The conversation turned angry and she started yelling something about crispy fried chicken. She was always proud of her cooking, so Tao Xi didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary.

༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Team Cassadaigua
Official Roster for World Baseball Classic 42

Home Stadium is the 70,000+ seat Concord Heights Stadium in Concord Heights

DH: No
Choose my lineup: It is posted here.
Follow my Pitching Rotation: It is posted here.
Eject my players: Yes only if you make it exciting!
Godmod other events: Yes as long as no one dies or is seriously hurt.
Style Modifier: +2
Park Factor: 120

Coach- Maddie Polanco- 2nd yr with Cassadaigua, Bench Coach of Super-Llamaland's WBC 40 Championship squad among other accolades with Super-Llamaland, and led Cassadaigua to the semis in WBC 41.

Starting Rotation (Stats in the last Cassadagan season included)
SP- #29- Julie Marrone, 31, LHP, (21-6, 2.15 ERA, 225 K’s)
SP- #28- Ashley Merritt, 29, RHP, (20-7, 2.19 ERA, 210 K’s)
SP- #20- Mikayla Warren, 24, RHP (22-4, 2.36 ERA, 222 K’s)
SP- #38- Katia Tavarez, 23, LHP (17-6, 2.32 ERA, 195 K's)
SP- #46- Kelsey Bowen, 23, RHP (21-3, 2.11 ERA, 249 K’s)*

Bullpen
RP- #39- Michelle Coates, 31, RHP, Anytime Relief
RP- #26- Amanda Freeman, 25, LHP, Anytime Relief
RP- #37- Katelynn Corliss, 29, LHP, Long Relief
RP- #35- Claudia Van Larsen, 23, RHP, Long Relief
RP- #34- Reagan Foster, 28, LHP, Short Relief
RP- #36- Elizabeth Chapman, 24, RHP, Short Relief
RP- #41- Kelsie Kaplan, 30, LHP, Set-up Reliever
CP- #45- Rachel Sauter, 25, RHP, Closer*

Here is our lineup with the players stats from the most recently completed season in Cassadaigua. All players are switch hitters, you don’t get to this level in Cassadaigua without having that ability.

1) #13- Jenna Bailey- CF, 24 (.326, 11 HR, 72 RBI, 90 SB)
2) #21- Kenzie Bennett- LF, 29 (.342, 5 HR, 73 RBI, 51 SB)
3) #4- Cortnie Nicholson- RF, 30 (.336, 55 HR, 141 RBI, 21 SB)
4) #18- Jessica Greene- 3B, 32 (.302, 42 HR, 129 RBI, 4 SB)
5) #31- Danielle Terry- C, 31 (.302, 33 HR, 116 RBI, 2 SB)
6) #22- Lexi Carpenter- 1B, 27 (.296, 32 HR, 128 RBI, 7 SB)
7) #10- Alyssa Harrington- SS, 27 (.315, 19 HR, 88 RBI, 7 SB)
8) #12- Sarah Caldwell- 2B, 29 (.304, 13 HR, 89 RBI, 25 SB)
9) Pitcher

Bench:
#33 Morgan Lennox- C, 28
#25- Kiersten Riley- 1B/3B, 26 (DH when used)
#11- Julie Sherman- 2B/SS, 23
#7- Nicole Sherwood- OF, 28
#14- Rachel Adams- OF, 21
#2- Megan Maurice- Any but C, 27

* = WBC Rookie
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Sorrentopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorrentopia » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Sorrentopia National Baseball Team.
Starting Rotation:
1. Cleveland Piccoli
2. Quinto Britton
3. Tobin Alexander
4. Braden Leigh
5. Jerrod De Filippis
Relievers:
MR: Antonello Mottershead
MR: Corey Nacar
MR: Walton Steffen
LR: Wayland Necchi
LR: Domenico Randal
SU: Zach Gage
SU: Gregorio Grant
CL: Bryant Laguardia

C: Patrick Bartram
C: Marlon Landon
1B: Derrick Abbatangelo
1B: Hudson Georgeson
2B: Tracey Hale
2B: Crofton Garrod
3B: Riley Ambrosi
3B: Linden Smalls
SS: Narciso Akers
SS: Al Mantovani
RF: Colby Fuller
RF: Dylan Keighley
CF: Barrett Archer
CF: Wallis Pace
LF: Greyson Poletti
LF: Angiolo Womack
DH: Preston Lee

1. Narciso Akers
2. Greyson Poletti
3. Barett Archer
4. Riley Ambrosi
5. Patrick Bartram
6. Tracey Hale
7. Derrick Abbatangelo(No DH)/Preston Lee(When DH)
8. Derrick Abbatangelo(DH Lineup)/Colby Fuller(No DH)
9. Pitcher(No DH)/Colby Fuller(W/DH)

Choose my lineup: No(Use listed lineup)
Eject my players: No
Godmod other events: Yes(No damages at home field, or to citizens)
Use DH at home: No
Style Modifier: 0

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:03 pm

Vannish National Baseball

Pitchers
NO. NAME POS BAT THW AGE HT WT
63 Del Bjornberg SP R R 29 6-4 225
51 Rich Kendrix SP L L 30 6-1 215
54 Aron Mathissen SP L L 19 6-2 212
30 Nate Henli SP R R 27 6-2 225
25 Jamaal Edlund SP R 22 5'11 185
41 Nick Goodsen RP R R 25 5-11 180
33 Khris Olaf RP R R 23 5-10 178
23 Daniel Cortez RP R R 25 5-11 192
65 Manny Mathissen RP R R 23 5-10 190

Catchers
15 Braden Okogan C L R 33 6-0 205
29 Dave Trancer C R R 28 6-1 210

Infielders
14 Pete Kelderssen 2B R R 27 6-3 220
23 Tom Davison 1B L L 30 5-9 208
18 Chuck Endo SS L R 27 6-0 205
12 Pat Evenson 3B B R 33 6-2 215
38 Robin Heathersen 1B R R 26 6-0 200
17 Kyle Garon 3B R R 24 5-10 175

Outfielders
36 Carlos Hernandez RF B R 40 6-1 213
22 Jacob Sren CF L L 33 5-10 192
11 Mack Akoye LF L L 33 5-11 199
31 Aaron Hicks RF B R 27 6-0 202

Pitching Rotation
1. 63 Del Bjornberg
2. 51 Rich Kendrix
3. 54 Aron Mathissen
4. 30 Nate Henli
5. 25 Jamaal Edlund

Batting Rotation
1. 14 Pete Kelderssen 2B
2. 23 Tom Davison 1B
3. 22 Jacob Sren CF
4. 18 Chuck Endo SS
5. Pitcher/DH
6. 36 Carlos Hernandez RF
7. 12 Pat Evenson 3B
8. 15 Braden Okogan C
9. 11 Mack Akoye LF

Head Coach: Don Haverly
Pitching Coach: Juan Manuel Sanchez
Batting Coach: Ivarr Farnson

VannBank FieldHutt
City: North Emeros, Vangaziland
Capacity: 50,500
Built: 1995

DH: No
Choose my runscorers: No
Eject my players: Sure, if you've got a story...
Godmod other events: Nothing offensive.. Have fun!
Style Modifier: +4.75
Park Factor: 190
(Stadium Info coming soon..)
Last edited by Vangaziland on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Humaliwo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Humaliwo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:25 pm

HUMALIWO BASEBALL
WBC 42 ROSTER AND INFORMATION
Name: Humaliwo
Demonym: Humalian
Population: 17,697
Capital: Point Dume

Nickname: Waves
Manager: Bill Vasco
Assistant Manager: Ryan Berg
Style Modifier: 2.5

Home:Image
Away:Image
Alternate:Image

Stadium: Las Vegas Stadium, Lost Hills
Capacity: 37,500
Park Factor: 105

Waves
Pitchers
P ## PLAYER
SP 13 Aurelio Rodriguez
SP 28 Jack Williams
SP 47 Nevis Bradley
SP 99 Shane Young
SP 2 John Turvey
MR 88 Peter Gray
MR 73 Eduardo Sanchez
MR 18 Xue Xue
SR 41 Mack Henderson
SR 57 Vinnie Lazzaro
SU 26 Gerrit Brandon
SU 50 Paul Quick
CL 1 Thor Orvaldsson
Waves
Position Players
P ## PLAYER
C 33 Mike Benson
C 77 Jeremiah Raymond
1B 14 Thurmond Tanner
2B 80 Jerry Zhang
3B 61 David Edwards
SS 64 Isaac Marino
LF 5 Clint Newman
CF 7 Sazama Jomei
RF 38 George Ray
UT 95 Francisco Buendia
UT 55 James Peterson
UT 97 Leonidas Tyler
UT 46 Lance Evans-Hartley

Choose my runscorers: Yes, go for it.
Choose my lineup: Yes, within reason - obviously you can’t just say 9 pitchers played for shits and giggles, as funny as that might be.
Follow my pitching rotation: Yes, if you would.
Godmod scoring events: Yes, within reason - not every run can be a inside-the-parker.
RP injuries to my players: Yes. I’d prefer that you didn’t, but if you really think it’ll add to the story, shoot me a TG and we can discuss.
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes. See above.
Eject my players: Yes. Again, gotta be reasonable - can’t have my lineup down to 2 guys after 1 game, but stuff happens.
Godmod other events: Yes. Go for broke, y’all. Except for deaths. Not that sort of broke, please and thanks.
Use DH at home: No. #NoMoreDH
Last edited by Humaliwo on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
WIP

Baseball: 0.92 [T-43]

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Roster

Pitchers:

NO.  POS.  Age    BAT.  THW.  NAME.
#65 SP 23 L R Jake Tyndall
#33 SP 25 R R Alex Furnley
#28 SP 22 R R Timothy Bellinger
#89 SP 26 L L Carl Stepweaver
#24 SP 19 R R Harry Markwright
#70 RP 30 R R Donald Bailey
#29 RP 27 L L Lucas Jaile
#65 RP 21 R R Mark Oswald
#41 RP 25 L L Jamie Parkins
#43 RP 29 L R Eric Mitchell
#56 RP 33 R R Mark Jones

Catchers:

NO.    POS. Age     BAT.   THW.  NAME.
#09 C 23 R R Thomas Harley
#23 C 29 L L Leigh Stinton

Infielders:

NO.    POS.  Age    BAT.  THW.   NAME.
#63 1B 32 R L Randy Perry
#42 2B 26 L L Oliver Curtley
#77 2B 31 R R Philip Lewis
#99 2B 18 R R Samuel Mann
#36 3B 23 L L Graham Wilde
#03 3B 30 L L David Washington
#06 SS 32 R L Jeremy Williams
#86 SS 25 L R Henry Phillipa

Outfielders:

NO.    POS. Age    BAT.  THW.   NAME.
#91 LF 27 L R Joseph Sutton
#80 LF 20 R R Benjamin Lynch
#54 CF 30 L L Ian Fletcher
#39 CF 28 L R John Brady
#51 CF 25 R R Alan Murphy
#13 RF 27 L R Gregory Foster
#19 RF 23 R R Michael Carr
#40 RF 21 L L Jeremiah Wheeler

Designated Hitter:

NO.   POS.  Age     BAT.  THW.   NAME.
#01 DH 24 R R Gerry Myers

Batting Order:

NO.    POS.  Age    BAT.  THW.   NAME.
#63 1B 32 R L Randy Perry
#91 LF 27 L R Joseph Sutton
#23 C 29 L L Leigh Stinton
#40 RF 21 L L Jeremiah Wheeler
#29 RP 27 L L Lucas Jaile
#13 RF 27 L R Gregory Foster
#42 2B 26 L L Oliver Curtley
#80 LF 20 R R Benjamin Lynch
#01 DH 24 R R Gerry Myers

IF DH IS NOT ALLOWED
#77 2B 31 R R Philip Lewis

Staff:

Manager: Angus Lockie (DRK)
Following a dismal World Baseball Classic 37 in which the Red Kites were embarrasingly eliminated in the groups by Drawkland,
Matthew Patterson was fired as manager of the Ethane national baseball team. He was replaced by none other than Angus
Lockie, the team that had led Drawkland when they knocked the Red Kites out during the group stage. He took charge for the
38th World Baseball Classic and led Ethane to the final of the tournament, upsetting Super-Llamaland and Schiltzberg along the
way. HE ALSO WON US WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC 38. THIS GUY IS A LEGEND AND DRAWKLAND WAS RATHER SILLY TO GET RID OF
HIM JUST BEFORE HE HIT HIS A-GAME. The team haven't done quite as well in recent editions of the World Baseball Classic, so
he is looking for a decent run in the WBC to regain the strong confidence his managers had in him during the earlier stages of
his managerial role at Ethane.

Assistant Manager: Barrie Herbertson
First Base Coach: Darrel Summer
Third Base Coach: Clyde Hatheway
Batting Coach: Morgan Paul
Pitching Coach: Bradley Donaldson

Stadium:

The McTidley arena is the baseball arena recently commissioned after the IBS X by the government, as they felt even though not many baseball games take place in Ethane, that we ought to have a baseball arena in Ethane for those times when we would be playing home matches. The McTidley arena is named after the teacher who tried to set up a baseball league in the humorous reality tv show, ''But it's Baseball'', which ran from 2003-2005, and attracted an average of 3 million viewers an episode in its first 2 series. This stadium has recently been expanded with the increasing popularity of baseball in Ethane, and now can hold around 20,000 spectators and is currently operated by the EBA (Ethane Baseball Association).

RP Permissions: My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Godmod scoring events: Yes but don't be too unrealistic.
RP injuries to my players: Yes. I decide the length and severity of the injury, but you can report on a potential injury and stuff. I am allowed to 'undo' an injury if it gets in the way of my narrative (eg say rumours of injury were overstated).
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes, but please don't be too unrealistic. Same disclaimer as above.
Godmod other events: Yes, again don't be too unrealistic.
Use DH at home: No.
Style Modifier: -4.5
Park Factor:70
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:51 pm

Randy opened the door to his manager's office. Angus Lockie had beckoned him for a discussion. He had no idea what the discussion would be about. All he knew was that it was in relation to the upcoming World Baseball Classic. He was aware of the problems the team faced; most of the players for the national team had retired, some after playing in 4 or 5 World Baseball Classics themselves.

''You asked for me, Angus?'', Randy asked as he strolled into his manager's office. Angus looked up at him. He looked tired and stressed. He had definitely been worrying about the team. You could tell, the bags under the eyes, the paperwork all over the table of players retiring and paperwork showing him the lack of choice he had in regards to who could play for the national team in the 42nd World Baseball Classic. Ethane didn't have a domestic baseball league yet. There had been talk of it for quite a while, and it was supposed to have come to fruition the edition after Ethane's surprise victory in the WBC. Yet, nothing had happened. The EBA had been dragging their feet. It seems weird that an organisation dedicated to upholding baseball in Ethane would not have the motivation and desire to make a baseball league which is much needed to foster the sport in the country, but they had. Admittedly, some of that was probably down to a lack of funding; the government had been continuously cutting back on funding towards the sports, severely damaging grassroots sports in the country. So much of the blame could probably be placed on the government, rather than the EBA.

''Yes, I did.'' Randy's manager stated matter-of-factly, beckoning him to sit opposite him across the desk. ''I'm sure you're well aware of the problem we have.'' He sighed, clearly worried about Ethane's chances of competing in the WBC. ''We don't have the players for our team in the upcoming World Baseball Classic, and we only have just over a month until the teams need to be finalised.''

''I'm well aware of that Angus.'' Randy picked up a newspaper and read the headline: 'Turmoil for Ethane Baseball''. This was certainly not going to help baseball's image across the country, which has been struggling slightly along with the struggles in the WBC for the national team. If the nation didn't field a baseball team this WBC, then the reputation and popularity of baseball would probably be irreversibly damaged.

''If there was only a way to find some people inspired by baseball.'' Angus murmured to himself, looking down at his desk.

''Please repeat that,'' Randy replied, a grin slowly forming on his face. He was remembering something in the news after Ethane's victory in the World Baseball Classic. Something that may be able to provide the team with the players they need.

Angus cleared his throat. ''I said, if there was only a way to find some people inspired by baseball. But we all know it is impossible to find inspired players without a formal league structure.'' He looked glum. ''We have no chance, and I'll lose my job because of it.''

''I'll be right back'', Randy said, leaving Angus to grumble on his own.

'Yeah. Whatever.'

[......]

2 hours later, Randy returned to his manager's office, holding an article in his hand.

'What do you want?' his manager asked him, looking up from the paperwork he was reading through, still desperately trying to find a solution to the crisis of a lack of players. Randy returned the chair he had been sat on earlier when talking to the manager and sat down, placing a newspaper article, slightly crumpled up, in the middle of his manager's desk.

'I've had an idea.' Randy replied, clearly congratulating himself for being such a genius with the grin plastered on his face. 'Remember how everyone seemed to be enthused by baseball after Ethane had won the World Baseball Classic?', he asked. Angus only returned a small nod, just enough to get Randy to keep on talking. ''Well, The Viewfinder reported about a month after the end of the WBC the creation of an informal league in New Sarum by a group of youngsters, mostly secondary school age kids, who were unable to play baseball in school because it wasn't on the curriculum, but wanted the opportunity to play the sport.''

''And your point is...'' Angus complained, clearly not seeing where this was going.

''Well, I searched it up online. It exists. As does a number of other informal leagues in cities and towns across the country. Mostly young people in school and in their 20s who have been wanting to play baseball, but haven't been able to in formal settings because of the failures of the government and the EBA to really set up any baseball infrastructure.''

''So?''

''The point is, there is a load of players out there. Baseball players who would love to have the opportunity, I'd assume, to play for Ethane in an international tournament. They slipped under our radar because they aren't even on the radar. I'm surprised we didn't know about it, but then the leagues are relatively small things played in parks and some large back gardens. Byt the system is there. The players are there. We just need to go find them.''

Official Number Resignations

Before World Baseball Classic 42 starts, the EBA has decided to retire a few numbers from the baseball team, either in remembrance of a player who has died recently or in honour of a player who performed outstandingly well for their national team. I now present to you the numbers we are resigning.

#67. Ellis Stevens is a very long-serving member of the Ethanian national baseball team. His retirement comes after participating almost from the start of Ethane's baseballing history on the international stage. He was a solid pitcher for the national team, and he played a large role in bringing Ethane to victory in the World Baseball Classic. We wish to honour his performances by retiring his number, so while he is still alive, when he dies, and for eternity, the baseball community in Ethane remember him as one of the founding fathers and crucial players in the creation and development of the Ethanian national baseball team from a rubbish new team to a champion-defeating team.

#82. Chad Brock was a great man. He was a great baseball player and a great friend to most of the boys on the team. He was an honour to coach and manage. He strove for the very best in the squad, and wouldn't accept or give any less than that. He led the team from within, pulling them forward in games where everything seemed hopeless, providing surprise after surprise. To hear of his passing a couple of weeks back from cancer shocked me down to the bone. I was thinking, how could a great man who was loved by many be taken away by such cruelty at such a young age. He wasn't even 40 years old. He has a family, he has friends. He made everyone's days brighter. His passing comes at great sorrow to everyone who loved him, who cared for him, who he cared for. We will honour his name and his legacy forevermore. He will reside in these halls, permanently inscribed into the history of this place. He will be remembered for his name, his legacy, and his number that was displayed, every match, across the back of his shirt, where everyone could see. We will have a minutes silence in remembrance of him at the first home game in the 42nd World Baseball Classic. And I pledge today, that the newly developed stand, will from hereon be known as the Chad Brock stand. We miss you Chad. We will never forget you.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:09 am

(OOC: I'm reintroducing this series because I was originally going to do it in WBC 37 but lost interest. This is set immediately after WBC 35. Enjoy if you dare.)

Baseball Is Dead, Long Live Baseball (Part One)

Riuwiee National Stadium
Riuwiee, Abanhfleft
World Baseball Classic 35

Oh, how the mighty have fallen
, Zach Tyler thought as he watched the brutal spectacle unfolding before him.

Zachary Tyler, as his full name was, was a detective of the Releinthi Police Department of the Fleftic National Police, and he had had lots of experience dealing with criminal filth from all walks of life in Abanhfleft, but he had never seen anything as bad as what was going on before his very eyes right now. No, it wasn’t a trial against one of Abanhfleft’s most wanted gangsters, and it wasn’t why he was in Riuwiee, Abanhfleft’s capital, in the first place.

The reason why he had made that comment about the fall of the mighty was because Zach was watching Abanhfleft’s national baseball team playing in front of a very small home crowd in the Riuwiee National Stadium, dubbed the New Cathedral of Baseball because of the atmosphere it was capable of giving when it was packed to the rafters with spectators. Four years before today, Abanhfleft’s baseball team, nicknamed the Revolution (as almost all of Abanhfleft’s teams were) had become a force upon itself when they defied all of the odds and reached the finals of the Sixth International Baseball Slam, losing to the eventual champions, the Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves, only after a hard-fought finals series. Interest in baseball in the basketball- and football-soccer-mad country had skyrocketed following the Revolution’s unlikely triumph, and the National Baseball League of Abanhfleft saw attendances go through the roof immediately after Abanhfleft’s debut Slam. But then, as the team went through consecutive ups and downs which culminated in consecutive semifinals defeats against teams which they should be beating handily and settling for back-to-back third placings, the people began accusing the Revolution of being chokers and sellouts, unable to make the final step to lifting the coveted trophy over their heads.

The tournament in which the Revolution was playing right now was the World Baseball Classic, and while the Fleftic people had come to accept that their team was simply not as good in the WBC as they were in the IBS, they did expect the team to put in their best efforts and try to get as far as they could in the present tournament. Yet there was an all-pervading sense of “same old, same old” as the team had failed to make it out of the group stage once again. The game that they were playing right now was the third in a three-game series against a new nation calling itself the Ferret Civilization, and it was a country made up of sentient, walking and talking ferrets. At this point in history, Zach was beyond the point of being surprised by the new nations which his own country encountered and discovered every single day. He had seen sentient coconuts, living broomsticks, and talking ponies with his own eyes. How strange were walking and talking ferrets at this stage? Everything after those things were just… underwhelming.

Underwhelming was also the word that he would use to describe Abanhfleft’s performance against the Ferrets. Gone was the flair and vitality that had made them once one of the most exciting teams to watch in baseball, at least according to the sporting magazines to which Zach sometimes subscribed. Now, they were just playing for the sake of playing. They had already been eliminated, and they were only playing this final series so as to get it done and dusted with and consign it to the history books where no one would dare look it up for at least a hundred years.

“Hey, Dad!” a female voice said, bringing Zach back to the present. “Dad, are you still awake? You still alive?” Zach’s daughter Alice asked him.

Biologically speaking, there was nothing which related the man named Zachary Tyler to the girl named Alice Tyler except for the both of them being humans. According to the law, Alice Tyler was the legally adopted daughter of Zachary and Kimberley Tyler of Releinthi, Abanhfleft. But in Zach’s heart and mind, Alice was as good as his own flesh and blood. Zach had found the baby Alice in the safehouse of a wanted and notorious drug lord, the offspring of said drug lord with one of his numerous “girls”. When Zach had found the baby, she had been half-starved and not cleaned and bathed ever since the day she was born. Zach’s heart just went out for the baby, and this operation being just months after his wife Kimber had miscarried, he decided right then and there that he was going to raise the baby as his own child. She would make a nice surprise for Kimber, who was still recovering from the depression brought about by her miscarriage.

It was a decision that Zach had never ever regretted.

“Dad! Hello?” Alice said, waving a hand in front of Zach’s face. “Are you even watching the game at all?” she asked.

“What’s the point, Alice?” Zach told her. “It’s obvious that they’re playing just for the sake of wrapping up the series. I mean, they’re letting freaking ferrets outplay them. Ferrets, Alice! And they say that these ferrets have never played baseball before in their entire lives until now! We should be beating teams like this easily! We’re just playing this game to get it in the history books quickly! What a farce!” Zach snorted.

“And yet you decided to go to this game instead of all the other games we could have gone to, games in which I’m sure we won,” Alice said.

“I was busy juggling a bunch of cases back then, Alice. And this was the earliest day that I could take paid leave. Besides, the tickets were cheap as well.”

“Probably because they’re desperate to fill the stadium out any way that they can,” Alice muttered as she looked around the largely empty stadium. The National Stadium had a stated capacity of 54,675 and could produce a great atmosphere with a full house. But with the tiny number of people watching the game, Zach and Alice might as well be watching a Little League game for all the excitement that they got. And watching a Little League game might have been a better idea. At least the kids were motivated to win the game in front of their parents and family and friends. The national team looked like they couldn’t even be bothered with looking like they were putting in their maximum effort.

“Damn right they’re desperate,” Zach said. “They’re actually letting in people for free. But not even free seating can save them or get people to watch this bull-crap.”

“Dad, you do know that if Mom were here with us, she’d say something about you using foul language in front of me, right?” Alice asked with a smile.

“And your mother will also have something to say about your choice of clothes,” Zach retorted lightly. “I mean, how short are those shorts of yours exactly? It’s like they’re just enough to cover… what should be covered and nothing much else!”

“As if your dad jeans are any better than my short shorts, Dad! At least I look like I’m from today. You look like you’re from the nineties!”

“Back in the nineties, this is what everyone wore. Just ask your mother about it. This was what I was wearing when I proposed to her. Well, not this same shirt and these exact pants, but you know what I mean.”

“Strike three! You’re out!” the umpire called out as yet another Fleftic batter struck out. Smatterings of ironic applause rang out from the nearly-empty National Stadium as Abanhfleft missed out on yet another chance to cut the Ferrets’ lead, which were already seven runs in front of the Revolution.

“This team has gone to the dogs,” Zach muttered as he leaned back in his seat. “There’s no longer any fire or drive in this team. It’s like after they got to the finals against Gregoryisgodistan, they can’t be bothered to do it again.”

“Dad, I’m getting a little freaked out with you right now,” Alice said. “Why is baseball affecting you this much? You’ve never cared about other sports like basketball or soccer before.”

“Alice, let me tell you something about your father,” Zach said. “Back when I was a kid, I was a baseball player. Granted, I was a catcher so I didn’t play with the ball much, but still. From Little League to high school to my college’s varsity team, I played baseball. It’s about the only sport I really know how to play, which is why I’m obsessed about it. I could have played for the Releinthi Warriors, you know. Instead, I joined the FNP. I still play catcher for the PD whenever the inter-departmental games are happening. And I follow the NBL and international baseball regularly, almost religiously, because baseball is almost like my vice. It’s what helps me unwind. But seeing our national team not even bother with trying to win just winds me up even more.”

“Now I really wish Mom was here with us,” Alice said. “She could slap some sense back to you, Dad.”

“And that’s why I’m thankful that your mother is in Verbergerkinnh attending that conference.”

And that’s game over, folks,” the stadium announcer said on the PA system. Even he sounded like he couldn’t be bothered to put some enthusiasm in his voice, Zach thought. “The Ferret Civilization has won three games out of three against your Abanhfleft Revolution, which is now officially knocked out of the 35th World Baseball Classic. This Saturday, get ready as your beloved Riuwiee Senators take on the Habalanbacushe Balderdash as we return to National Baseball League action! That’s all, folks, and so long from the New Cathedral of Baseball, the Riuwiee National Stadium.” At least the announcer had been able to breathe some life into the coming NBL game, Zach thought as he and Alice stood up to leave.

“So, Alice, is there anywhere else you want to go to after the game?” he asked his daughter.

“Not really,” Alice replied. “I think I want to go home now.”

“Go home? Really?” Zach struggled to keep the disbelief out of his voice. “No last-minute shopping spree in the biggest mall in Abanhfleft, no eating wherever you want, nothing at all?”

“Yeah, Dad, I just want to go home now,” Alice repeated. “Although, before we do that, I have to go to the bathroom.”

“Don’t take too long, okay? I’ll be waiting for you outside.”

“You don’t have to do that, Dad. I’m not a little girl anymore. I don’t need you watching over my shoulder—did that guy just jump onto the field?”

“What?” Zach turned and saw that there was indeed a man who had jumped the advertising boards separating the field from the diamond and was now running down the field, and Zach watched mutely as another man jumped the boards and followed the first man towards the home team’s bullpen. “Probably just some fans who finally cracked under the expectations and want to give the team a piece of their own mind,” he told Alice. “Don’t mind them, Alice. Security will deal with them. Just keep moving.” Yet even as he told his daughter to ignore them and move on, Zach could feel his eyes being drawn to those two fans who had jumped the barriers.

Two security officers wearing high-visibility bibs over their uniforms followed the two fans onto the diamond, shouting for them to stop and surrender. The first fan ran right up to Quentin Keppler, the manager of the national baseball team, and seized the coach in a tight bear hug. Keppler and the others didn’t know how to react, and then suddenly, the fan shouted, “Death to all traitors!” and exploded. At almost the same time, the second fan turned to face the chasing security officers and shouted, “Death to traitors!” before blowing himself up as well.

In just the blink of an eye, two suicide bombers had carried out their ghastly mission. But more was still to come.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Humaliwo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Humaliwo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:02 am

Rising Tide: Waves Set For World Baseball Classic
by Austin Herrera

Group 6
Scootalove City (5)
Hicaña (18)
Hampton Island (32)
Banija (49)
DEAT By Chocolate (UR)
Humaliwo (UR)

Group Schedule
First Series - Humaliwo vs. Scootalove City
Second Series - Banija vs. Humaliwo
Third Series - Humaliwo vs. Hicaña
Fourth Series - DEAT By Chocolate vs. Humaliwo
Fifth Series - Humaliwo vs. Hampton Island
Mid-Group Stage Break
Sixth Series - Scootalove City vs. Humaliwo
Seventh Series - Humaliwo vs. Banija
Eighth Series - Hicaña vs. Humaliwo
Ninth Series - Humaliwo vs. DEAT By Chocolate
Tenth Series - Hampton Island vs. Humaliwo

Walking through the myriad tunnels of the newly-christened Las Vegas Stadium, it becomes remarkably apparent what a monumental occasion this tournament has the potential to be, not only for the sporting atmosphere of the nation, but for the national standing at large.

The tiny nation of Humaliwo, Esportivan minnow, so new to the international stage they’ve not quite got us on the map yet, will be partaking in the 42nd edition of the World Baseball Classic, one of fifty-four nations to take on the gauntlet this time around. Among the contenders are giants of international sport like Super-Llamaland, Newmanistan, and Cassadaigua, as well as minnows brand new to the stage - 19 teams, actually, are unranked, just over a third of the total roster.

The wait for the results of the group draw was an anxious one - would the gods smile kindly upon us, or would we be handed a much harsher path to travel?

In the end, it proved to be somewhere in between, though the general lean seems to signify a slightly easier path than what could have been. The Waves have been drawn with top-seeded Scootalove City, ranked fifth in the world; Hicaña, ranked 18th; Hampton Island, ranked 32nd; Banija, ranked 49th; and fellow newcomer DEAT By Chocolate, rounding out Group 6. More on these teams later.

An analysis of the tournament format shows us that there will be a grand total of 30 games to be played for each and every team in the group stage - three-game series, home and away, against each and every team in the group. The best two teams from each group will advance beyond the group stage, though the bottom four second-placed teams will be taking part in a five-game playoff series to narrow the field to 16. At this point, it is five game series all the way to the finals, which are a best of seven. This format should be somewhat familiar to those of you who follow the National Baseball League.

However, for the playoffs to even be considered, we must get through our five group opponents - here’s a brief rundown on each of them.

Scootalove City

Top-seeded Scootalove is coming off a semifinal appearance in the last edition of this classic, in addition to a quarterfinal appearance in WBC 40. The Unicorns, as they go, are a truly dangerous team for any competition, let alone a brand-new team like us. I don’t believe much in luck, but I’d be willing to consider it depending on how we perform against this team. Every indication is that this team will continue to succeed as they have so well in recent times, and thus I believe they will win this group with little to no trouble. We’ll see the Waves take this team on in the first series at home and in the sixth series in Scootalove City.

Predicted Record: 25-5
Predicted Record v. Humaliwo: 6-0

Hicaña

The remnants of a nation that was, this group of expatriates is coming together to duke it out with the best. They’ve shown they can hang in the past, but war has seemed to take its toll on the Hicanans, as the split has been rumored to reach the baseball team as well. It remains as yet to be seen whether this team will find success in this tournament, but it would appear at a glance that HIcaña may not be the worst upset pick in the world. Humaliwo will meet Hicaña in the third series, at home for the Waves, and the reverse leg will be played as the eighth series.

Predicted Record: 19-11
Predicted Record v. Humaliwo: 5-1

Hampton Island

After finishing just a hair under .500 and fourth in their group in the last Classic, the Golden Bears are certainly going to be looking for an improvement upon their maiden voyage, a very respectable one at that. Wins against the Golden Bears will prove well how the Waves can stack up against teams that have a slight edge over them. We’ll see these two teams in action here in Humaliwo for the fifth series, and away in Hampton to close the group stage for both teams.

Predicted Record: 15-15
Predicted Record v. Humaliwo: 3-3

Banija

A team that took a very extended break, running from the 35th edition of the Classic to the most recent edition, where the team finished fifth in their group at a mark of 10-20, Banija is an unusual case. Proven, certainly, but have they managed to dust the cobwebs off and will they be able to reach the heights that those that came before them climbed to? Probably not, but we should still get some great games between us, in any case. Banija welcomes the Waves for their first away match in Series Two, and the Waves welcome Banija in Series Seven.

Predicted Record: 14-16
Predicted Record v. Humaliwo: 3-3

DEAT By Chocolate
Unranked

We know almost nothing about the Chocolatiers, though their flag looks delectable. That’s a heck of an idea, put a cake on a flag. Should be our best chance at some solid wins, and at the very least, some good competition. Catch the Waves taking this team on away in the fourth series and in their last home match in Series Nine.

Predicted Record: 6-24
Predicted Record v. Humaliwo: 2-4

Of course, this leaves our Waves.

Humaliwo
Unranked

Unfortunately, snazzy uniforms and snazzy stadiums cannot ensure snazzy results. This tournament will be an uphill slog is the most certain use of that word I can imagine. That being said, though, this is a remarkable opportunity to begin a journey that should hopefully see Humaliwo well-represented on the international sporting stage for years and years to come.

Predicted Record: 11-19

Group 6 should, in all likelihood, see Scootalove and Hicaña advance, though keep an eye out for dark horse contenders Hampton and Banija. Watch for noise from the unranked, as well, as both Humaliwo and DEAT By Chocolate are still playing baseball, after all. Whatever the case may be, let it be known that there is certainly some exciting baseball to be had over the coming days and weeks. Enjoy the fanfare, the international presence, the opportunity to interact with people who come from what are at times vastly different experiences. Viva el béisbol, y’all.

17,697 people currently call Humaliwo home. Make them proud, Waves.

We’re rooting for you.

Austin Herrera is a reporter who features in Humalian sport coverage for the Humalian Times. When he’s not writing, he enjoys eating, thinking about food, cooking, and running to cover the calorie imbalance. He is a graduate of Western Hills University with a degree in journalism, focusing on sport journalism. He spent time with HBC prior to taking this position four years ago. He lives in Point Dume with his girlfriend, their three dogs, and a pair of irritable goldfish.
Last edited by Humaliwo on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIP

Baseball: 0.92 [T-43]

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:11 am

Seojun Sherpa stepped off the plane at Tenzing Lukla Airport. He was a citizen of the Sherpa Empire, and they had given him a spot on their national baseball team -- a great honor -- but it didn't really feel like he was coming home. He wasn't sure if he really had a home. There were signs in four languages and he still couldn't read anything. Dyslexia, a childhood spent moving from one country to another, and many hours spent on the ballfield instead of in the classroom had left him mostly illiterate. The only language he could read at all was Korean, and even that was a struggle. He spoke bits and pieces of Korean, Tibetan, Swedish, English, Swahili, and Italian, but wasn't entirely fluent in any of them. A young couple stopped him to ask for an autograph and he could barely follow what they were saying. He signed the backs of their boarding passes, posed for a picture with them, and told them in broken heavily-accented Tibetan that he appreciated their support. He didn't think Tibetan was actually their first language, but they seemed to get the gist of what he was saying, and they seemed happy with the encounter. He liked fans like that, people who thought he was cool and didn't care about his awkwardness with languages. But he still wished he could talk to them more easily.

The streets of Namche were decked with prayer flags and baseball pennants, all fluttering in the breeze. The color and movement brightened Jamling Ihawa's mood. He was 39 years old, nearing the end of his pitching career, and he was grateful that the World Baseball Classic was coming to the Sherpa Empire while he was still good enough to make the national team. He thanked the spirit of Syangboche for bringing him such an opportunity. (He felt he had a personal friendship with the mountain spirit that lived under the ballpark. He also believed that the mountain spirit was a devoted baseball fan, like the season ticket holders who came to every Icefall Doctors game spinning prayer wheels and cheering at the top of their lungs.)

The trendy clothing store down the block from his house was blasting bouncy Punjabi pop songs from a speaker by the open door. His wife, their children, and two boys that lived upstairs from the clothing store were playing ball in the street. When they saw Jamling approaching, his kids dropped what they were doing and ran over yelling, "Dad! Come play with us!" He ruffled their hair affectionately and agreed to play with them for a little while.

The Ihawas had a happy home life. Jamling had lost a lot of money in a messy divorce with his first wife, but he'd done much better with his second marriage. His first wife had been a Chinese supermodel from Guangzhou -- tall and glamorous and lithe as a cat, with flawless skin and a face like a doll. She'd also been demanding, self-absorbed, and generally obnoxious. His second wife was a short frumpy Sherpa whose resume included herding yaks with her uncle and driving a taxi in Kathmandu. She was much less demanding. She was a fan who had been cheering for the Icefall Doctors since she was a little girl, and she never got over being excited that their star pitcher had noticed her existence. The only time it was expensive to keep her happy was the time she asked Jamling to stay in Lukla-Namche, even though it meant turning down a lucrative deal to play for the Chengdu Pandas. He didn't mind that, though. The fans adored him for deciding to stay, and it saved him the trouble of learning Chinese.

Kami Ihawa's phone rang and she went over to the side of the street to answer it, where she wouldn't be in the way if they wanted to keep playing without her. At first, Jamling went on playing with the children, but he still overheard some of what his wife was saying on the phone.

"Don't give me that bullshit!" she burst out a couple minutes into the conversation. "Three years ago, we played in Nanjing, you made a 'welcome banquet,' and Jamling was sick for a week after he ate your crispy fried chicken! Oh, Holy Mother, you are so full of shit! It wasn't any baozi from a dumpling shop; it was your nasty chicken with the 'special sauce'! It's bad enough you cheat in the first place, but then you have the nerve to lie to me and you ask me to help you cook like you think I'm going to believe your lies after what you did to my husband! No, it wasn't! You poisoned him because your stupid husband is 0 for 89 batting against him, and now you want me to help you poison the Mets because apparently your husband can't hit against them either, or you think he can't! Oh, really? Is the guy at the dumpling shop 0 for 89 batting against my husband?"

When Jamling realized who it was on the phone, he walked over, reached out a hand, and said, "Let me talk to her."

"It's Huihui Xi," Kami told him.

"I know," said Jamling. His wife gave him the phone.

"My name is Huihui Lin, not Huihui Xi!" said the voice on the other end of the line.

"I know," said Jamling. "Listen, it's one thing if you want to pull dirty tricks on whoever is playing the Mandarins. It's dirty, but we all know you're just doing it because you can't win without cheating. This is different. If you try that shit on teams from other countries, you could damage our international reputation. I am not going to let you make me look bad with your bullshit, and I am not going to let you make the Sherpa Empire look bad with your bullshit. Do you understand?"

"I didn't poison you," Lin insisted. "My crispy fried chicken is good! You must have got sick from something else you ate."

"No, listen," said Jamling. "I talked to Lakpa Fang. He says you did the same thing to the Pangolins last year. We all know about you and your food."

"I cook for my husband every day and he never gets sick!" Lin protested. "You dirty Sherpas just get sick because you touch your food with your hands and you don't wash your hands!"

"Okay, how about this," said Jamling. "If you feed the Tenburg Mets any of your nasty cooking, I will personally beat you to a bloody pulp. And I won't wash my hands before I punch you in the face."

"Stupid mountain-pig! You just don't know how to appreciate good food!"

Jamling hung up and sighed. Lin had managed to completely ruin his good mood. Then he noticed that Kami was giving him the stink eye. "I'm not really going to beat her up," he assured her. "I just said that to scare some sense into her."

"Good," said Kami, and her face returned to its usual cheerful expression.

"You know I don't hit women."

"Does she know you don't hit women?"

"She's one of those 'Middle Kingdom' Han Master Race types. She probably thinks I eat babies."

Dewa Liang passed a group of protesters on his way up to the ballpark. They were waving Tibetan flags and holding up "Free Tibet" signs. As far as Dewa could tell, the Tibetan separatist movement consisted mainly of sexually frustrated men who got offended every time they saw a Sherpa or a Chinese guy with a pretty girlfriend. The separatists said there were deeper political issues involved, but Dewa had no idea what those issues were. He had never been very good at understanding politics.

As he passed, a police officer and a pretty woman in a bright pink sari were talking to the protesters. "I'll make a deal with you," the police officer was saying to a young man who appeared to be a leader of the protest. "This is Aparna Chandrasekhar. She's a reporter from Imperial News Network. If you guys go home and get off the street until the World Baseball Classic is over, she'll put you on the evening news and she'll interview one of you so you can explain your point of view. Everybody hears your message, you don't have to wear out your arms holding up those signs all day, the people who came here to watch baseball can enjoy the game in peace, and my job will be easier because there won't be a giant traffic jam in front of the stadium. So what do you think?"

The protesters huddled together to discuss the offer.

Dewa didn't understand why the police bargained with them instead of just shooting them all. He supposed there must be some deep political issues involved, but he had no idea what those issues were. He had more important things to worry about -- like whether Jack Lynch was a fundamentally good person.

༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:49 am

NEW SANGTI INQUIRER
only 12 Sangs!

SPORTS NEWS
WBC 42: Can the Indios put the past behind them and qualify for the Playoffs this time?
by Rafael Sigua Jr

HALAPUR, AZADESHIA - As another edition of the World Baseball Classic comes into play, the New Sangti Indios will hope that their terrible start in last season's WBC would not come back to haunt them once again.

Starting last season on a five game losing streak, they finished the first half of the season with a 4-11 record and languishing at the bottom of Group 6. A 9-6 second half of the season would prove too little too late for the Sangtians or Barangayans to mount a challenge to the Base Corps of Drawkland for the second and last spot in the group standings.

Today marks the start of the new season of the WBC, with the Indios put in a relatively exciting group, with former World Baseball Classic champions Darmen, WBC veterans in Abanhfleft, and exciting trio of relative newcomer teams in Azadeshia, New Doltania, and not so relative newcomers in Vakolicci Haven and Celeria. Unlike last edition's classic where teams had a different opponent after each matchday, the organizers of this edition made it easier to the teams to budget their expenses in travelling across the multiverse as they scheduled the group stages by means of a three game series, meaning by the time we leave Halapur Grand Stadium and Azadeshia, we would have played three of thirty matches already.

Now to our schedule. We are now at Halapur, Azadeshia, where the Indios face the Azadeshia Baseball team for our first series. Last season saw the debut of this team and while they had some impressive wins, it was not enough for them to get out of bottom place. And while our team had relatively the same experience as the Azadeshis, we expect the Indios to sweep the first series, or so we hope. Next on our list is a home stand against New Doltania. Newcomers in this classic, we would expect to receive their visit via a red-eye flight to the underground, and l would expect an easier time because first, we're at home, and second, we have the experience, and third, we have the crowd.

The next two sets of series will test this relatively inexperienced team - Darmen and Abanhfleft. The WBC 25 champions have plenty of power at batting, and we hope the defensive players come up to the party and deal them defeat in our series. They made the Round of 16 last edition after a 19-11 group stage, but bowed out immediately after a 3-1 series loss to the Lions. Abanhfleft is another dark horse team. Ranked 12th in the multiverse and ready to beat anyone in the group, the Revolution were put in a group with Newmanistan and Equestrian States, and were eliminated in the group stage with a 17-13 record. They will be the second team to be hosted in our underground country.

Last but not least, Vakolicci Haven and Celeria. They weren't around last WBC, but they are experienced in other sports, as they have participated already in the Rugby Union World Cup as the namesake. I remember them competing as The New Vakolicci Haven in the WBC but I'm not sure which one. I have a bad memory, and I'll look and research in time for my next article.

See you after the first series. And oh, hope we get out of these group stages.

Pitching rotation vs Azadeshia: Sumaoang vs Chandrasekar, Lumahan vs Amir, Lugo vs Bhatt
Designated Hitter: Dale Decolongon II (if Azadeshi DH is used)
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Philamer Isle
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Philamer Isle » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:27 am

Philamer Isle National Baseball Team
Official Roster for the World Baseball Classic 42

INFORMATION
Nation Name: Philamer Isle (aka Isle of Philip-Amerigo)
Trigramme: IPA (taken from nation's official/internal name)
Stadium: General Luna Football Field (cap. 800)
Ballpark Modifier: 140
Style Modifier: +5

HOME FIELD
The home field of the Philamerians is the General Luna Football Field in General Luna, Philamer Isle. The field is murky, and the lines were only painted and plates were placed one week before the start of the World Baseball Classic season, so expect minor injuries, abrasions, and the like when playing in this field. And oh, the capacity is 800, all standing areas.

Staff
Manager: #87 - Nikola Jakupovic, 42, Male
Bench Coach: #12 - Benito San Pedro, 38, Male
Pitching Coach: #34 - Kim Bo-kyung "Boris", 36, Male
Bullpen Coach: #44 - Raia Borja Santino, 45, Female
Hitting Coach: #61 - Rickardo Dela Resma, 50, Male
1st Base Coach: #3 - Janko Djokovic, 48, Male
3rd Base Coach: #66 - Jelena Pletikosa, 49, Female

Pitching Rotation
#1 - Jung Pyo "Peter", 21, Male, RHP
#22 - Kenchi Dela Pena, 24, Male, RHP
#73 - Amelia Petersson, 26, Female, LHP
#99 - Jan Peter Richardsson, 25, Male, LHP
#0 - Jennifer Santa Maria, 24, Female, RHP
#46 - Francina Modric, 21, Female, RHP

Bullpen
#48 - Park Chul-sung "Chester", 29, Male, Short Relief, RHP
#58 - Maria Seferovic, 26, Female, Short Relief, RHP
#20 - Linus Saravia, 22, Male, Short Relief, LHP
#16 - Jurgen von Heinrich, 24, Male, Long Relief, LHP
#64 - Renato Franksson, 28, Male, Long Relief, RHP
#79 - Misty Seferovic, 21, Female, Long Relief, RHP
#28 - Lorenzo Baldivino, 20, Male, Setup Reliever, LHP
#81 - Marko Aguas, 29, Male, Closer, RHP

Starting Lineup (no DH)
1. #65 - Jason Kim, 29, Male, 3B, Switch Hitter
2. #11 - Elena Hasilovic, 24, Female, SS, RHB
3. #17 - Veronica San Rafaella, 21, Female, LF, LHB
4. #4 - Maxim Maximovic, 25, Male, 1B, Switch Hitter
5. #9 - John Paul Richardsson, 25, Male, CF, RHB
6. #19 - Kang Ji-hyun "Josel", 26, Female, C, RHB
7. #31 - Ryan Oldwoman, 28, Male, RF, RHB
8. #88 - Mateo Vidakovic, 27, Male, 2B, LHB
9. Starting Pitcher

Substitutes
#94 - Angelo Tijuana, 29, Male, 1B/3B, RHB
#71 - Ressa Tinio, 21, Female, C, RHB
#40 - Marcos Tisanji, 24, Male, 2B/SS, LHB
#26 - Jeriel Lupo, 30, Male, OF, RHB
#25 - Hanna Handanovic, 24, Female, OF, RHB

Uniforms
Uniforms are provided by Filindostan's No Nonsense.

RP Permissions
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but I'll determine the duration and severity.
Godmod injuries to my players: No, and absolutely no killing.
Use DH at home: No
Last edited by Philamer Isle on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Isle of Philip-Amerigo (IC/Common Name: Philamer Isle)
Trigram: IPA | Region: Rushmore | Capital: Washington, D.M. | Leader: Rodrick Trumpterte
OOC Puppet of Filindostan

Philamer Isle
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Philamer Isle » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:32 am

Series 1: Philamer Isle vs West Phoenicia
All you need to know about the Philamerians, pt.1

GENERAL LUNA - Oh, hi there, random visitor of the Philamer Isle! If you are looking for a guide on visiting Philamer Isle and General Luna, you have lucked yourself out. There are no free guides unless you go to the local bookstores and buy them, and the few ones are outdated or been taken down by Philamerian authorities, cause MONEY MONEY MONEY matters. Oh my. Don't worry, we have you covered up.

So the very first thing you have to know is how to come to our very much glorious Island. First, we are an island located along the seas and oceans of Pavola, in Rushmore. Just locate Alitaba on that map and look around the waters and such, we're just that easy to be located! (OOC: No, we haven't applied for a map claim in Rushmore, but we are located in Rushmore and participate in the Pavola Filipino Heritage League along with my other puppets. :P)

We do not have an airport that can accommodate large jet-powered airplanes (Think Airbus 319-esque). We can only accommodate small to moderately sized jet airplanes and turboprops. We only have charter flights from countries other Alitaba or Filindostan, but the latter costs so much due to the distance from the Philamer Isle, so the former is the most preferred option. Commercial flights from Ma-amo in Alitaba are scheduled once a day, with flights departing Ma-amo at 5 AM and arrive to General Luna at 8 AM Pavola Regional Time. Return flights generally depart General Luna at 12 NN and arrive at Ma-amo at 3 PM PRT.

Accommodations? Don't expect luxury hotels around here. We only have three-star rated hotels and many, many cottages. Cellular networks are also weak and expensive here, and there are more outages and service disruptions than the usual norm. So, if you happen to try to call service hotlines, they will say, "It's usual here at Philip-Amerigo." If you hear the word "Philip-Amerigo", then it also mean Philamer Isle.

This is it for now. We might be forced to put paywalls if we further lengthen this post, because money fucking matters. Till next time.
The Isle of Philip-Amerigo (IC/Common Name: Philamer Isle)
Trigram: IPA | Region: Rushmore | Capital: Washington, D.M. | Leader: Rodrick Trumpterte
OOC Puppet of Filindostan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports