NATION

PASSWORD

[MT|OOC] The Theban War

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:57 am

Sorry, but do I have permission to post in the IC? The roster thingy kind of confuses me.
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:02 am

The Batavia wrote:Sorry, but do I have permission to post in the IC? The roster thingy kind of confuses me.

You have permission, just if you send troops please at least include a # for everything, vehicles and aircraft as well as infantry. Remember also that you must successfully reach the battlefield, whether by air or by sea - so have a plan for getting past the enemy. People will probably ask you what you would compare your aircraft and vehicles too, the easiest thing for you is probably just to say 'my nation's equipment is similar to the US/Russia' or something until you learn further
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Factbook | Embassy | Religion | Community
Create a Colony in YN!
ATTN DEMOCRACIES - JOIN THE OCEANIC SECURITY COUNCIL - SAVE DEMOCRACY

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:05 am

Erythrean Thebes wrote:
The Batavia wrote:Sorry, but do I have permission to post in the IC? The roster thingy kind of confuses me.

You have permission, just if you send troops please at least include a # for everything, vehicles and aircraft as well as infantry. Remember also that you must successfully reach the battlefield, whether by air or by sea - so have a plan for getting past the enemy. People will probably ask you what you would compare your aircraft and vehicles too, the easiest thing for you is probably just to say 'my nation's equipment is similar to the US/Russia' or something until you learn further

What about marines and paratroopers?
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:41 pm

The Batavia wrote:
Erythrean Thebes wrote:You have permission, just if you send troops please at least include a # for everything, vehicles and aircraft as well as infantry. Remember also that you must successfully reach the battlefield, whether by air or by sea - so have a plan for getting past the enemy. People will probably ask you what you would compare your aircraft and vehicles too, the easiest thing for you is probably just to say 'my nation's equipment is similar to the US/Russia' or something until you learn further

What about marines and paratroopers?

It's good policy to distinguish them. In a typical ORBAT they have their own battalion and brigade, etc., so the difference is clear. Even if you don't separate them into units it would be nice for the other players if you # them separately
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:08 am

Topographic map of the theater in Southern Oetzaria-Azerzetnia
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:04 am

The north-eastern coast of Oetzaria, where Vymar and Rupudska/Thebes are currently standing off against Altpeak
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

Altpeak
Envoy

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Altpeak » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 pm

A brief update on where all my divisions are so I don't have to keep going back through my posts

15th Airborne Division, 4,000 men. Garrissoning Oertzurm.

43rd Rifle Division, 16,000 men. Wenwald

21st Rifle Division, 16,000 men. Outside Alda.

9th Rifle Division, 16,000 men. Azerzetnian-Baalite border.

8th Armoured Division, 11,000 men. Azerzetnian-Baalite border.

3rd Airborne Division, 11,000 men. Moving south from Oertzurm to Nudzush.

19th Airborne Division, 11,000 men. Moving south from Oertzurm to Nudzush
Proud Member of the Economic Union of Communist States!

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:51 am

COUNTRY PROFILES

The Commonwealth of Thebes

Population: 776,401,083
GDP per capita: $ 31,831
GDP: $ 18.6 trillion
HDI: .83
Government: Confederacy
Head of State: King Isandros
Head of Government: The Great Council
Capital (nominal): Thebes
Armed Forces:
-- Active: 940,000 personnel
-- Reserve: 3 million

Synopsis: Considered to be the dominant power of the Erythrean Sea, the name of Thebes is paradoxically associated with both imposing strength and diplomatic isolationism. After a long period of political and military activism between the 17th and 20th Centuries, primarily sustained by the country’s prestigious navy, since the Wars of the early 20th Century Thebes has been largely an offshore balancer and fastidiously neutral in ideological and political disputes, cultivating an image and a practice as an intermediary in world politics and a nexus of pragmatism and stability. Thebes’ “aloof” image is partly a ploy, however, one carefully designed by its intricate diplomacy and intrigue. In reality, the money, supplies, and professional soldiers which Thebes provides to clients across the globe are purposefully chosen to create stalemates between regional powers, to keep markets open to Theban commerce, and to sustain a persistent opposition to the power of pirates and slavers, Thebes most hated foes. In recent years, Theban economic growth has continued to slow toward marginal rates, but this figure possibly masks a state of healthy financial and capital reserves accumulated by the country’s oligarch elite through the businesses of the last decades. This uncertain resting place of the Theban economy is now imperiled by a seemingly new and abrupt wave of aggressors trying for the Erythrean City just as it ascends to an apex of power.

Republic of Baal

Population: 59 million
GDP per capita (PPP): $50,000
GDP (PPP): $1.4 trillion
HDI: .70
Government: Constitutional Republic
Head of State: Asklan Mechhizad
Capital: Mal’iqat
Armed Forces: 300,000 personnel

Synopsis: Of the three nation-states of Eremia, Baal is historically the closest to Thebes and has had a special amity. Theban sailors of the 16th and 17th Centuries were enchanted by the country’s mixture of exotic deserts and fertile oases, and their accounts of this land in turn captured the imagination of scholars as well as the public. Baal’s relatively stable and conservative society equally appealed to the Thebans, who always appreciate a stable investment. In the early 20th Century Thebes took no actions to intervene in the uprisings of the students and city-dwellers precedent to the collapse of the oligarchies and the formation of a united Baal Republic (despite public sympathies), but they soon recognized the new nation-state democracy and gave their support to its leadership. This proved to be not-entirely-uncontroversial, as the Leftist dissensions of the 1940s and 50s received no sympathy from Thebes and were crushed by a shift towards authoritarianism which Thebes tacitly permitted. This selfsame move, however, alienated Baal from its neighbors and deepened the dependency on Theban support. Since the latter half of the 20th Century, Baal has been essentially a lockstep ally of Thebes – fed with money and military hardware by the Thebans, they serve as an anchor of stability and security in an otherwise fractious and troubled region.
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents