NATION

PASSWORD

Sitka Q&A!

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Sitka Q&A!

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:48 am

Greetings, fellow denizens of the multiverse! This thread is meant to be a Q&A similar to the others you may have seen on this forum.

I'd prefer that you stick to IC questions. Questions can be directed toward President Larisa or her son Marty. I guess you could also ask a question of Marty's girlfriend Melody, who doesn't currently have a factbook.

I don't think much exposition is needed here. Just remember to follow the rules, and understand that I reserve the right not to answer a question. Try to avoid too many simple yes/no questions, as the mods seem to frown upon Q&A threads that devolve into that.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: While I try to give accurate answers, some important changes have been made to my factbooks since this thread was made. Because of this, some of these answers are no longer accurate.

Ask away!
Last edited by S i t k a on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:07 am

President Larisa,

As President what do you want to accomplish in office?

Empress Ortfiné

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:13 am

Kuronami wrote:President Larisa,

As President what do you want to accomplish in office?

Empress Ortfiné

"One of my main goals is to help address poverty, particularly in our largest city, Point Thatcher. It's southern districts are in dire need of assistance. I also hope to reduce the influence foreign corporations are having on our government, and bring more industry into the hands of workers and small businesses. In addition, the road network needs to be completely redone. I would like to reduce tensions with the British, but as long as we are allied to Germany it's hard to imagine that happening any time soon."
- President Larisa Anndrasdan
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

The Rapture Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rapture Republic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:33 pm

“Are you related to the Wizzard Family?”
-Thomas Hall
Rapture City

• In the underwater city, two roles have emerged from the City's ongoing civil war: the City Monitors who defend the peace and the Red Caps who fight against unjust systems. The city's infrastructure is crumbling under its own weight and kinship is snuffed by the paranoia of totalitarianism. Yet the people would be in for a surprise as their virtual overlord have died many years ago as the oppression continues under his name...
  • Not an 1-1 exact replica of Bioshock lore and Rapture City. Only the city's atmosphere and setting is maintained.

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:54 pm

The Rapture Republic wrote:“Are you related to the Wizzard Family?”
-Thomas Hall

"... No? I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Perhaps you have the wrong dimension."
Last edited by S i t k a on Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:24 pm

"What is your Personality?"
Prime Minister Aoroza Yoshisada
This Nation is a Crossover of Naruto, To Love Ru, Bleach, Highschool DxD and Cardfight!!! Vanguard G.

Uzumakistani News: Prime Minister Aoroza Yoshisada have made a official apology for the threat that they made last year regarding the Uzumaki-Slavonian War and shall requested for a cease-fire until any further notice. | The Parliament have recognized the Patriotic Citizens Coalition of Uzumakistan as a Youth Wing but controversy of Mass Murder, Rape and Genocide have spread throughout the world. | The Republic of Ovamboland have been proclamed in Northern Namibia only to be governed by Leopold Nesselrode and has been officially recognized as a Autonomous Republic within the Empire.

Quesya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Quesya » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:31 pm

“How does Sitka typically resolve border and trade tensions?”
- Phillipicus Stratioticus, Quesyan reporter
~~ Imperium Quesae ~~
| Q&A | Overview |

A hybridised Byzantine Empire of Slavs, Greeks and Turks created in the 1400s and led by Her Imperial Majesty Hesychia III in the present day. Quesya is an Enlightened Absolute Monarchy, with the state religion being a corrupted form of Christianity.

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:40 pm

Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire wrote:"What is your Personality?"

"I tend to be pretty serious when I'm doing official diplomatic work, but I'm told I'm a lot more outgoing when there isn't work to be done. That doesn't happen often, though."

Quesya wrote:“How does Sitka typically resolve border and trade tensions?”
- Phillipicus Stratioticus, Quesyan reporter

"We haven't had any notable issues regarding our borders since we gained independence. The fact that our nation doesn't have any land borders helps, as does the fact that the treaty leading to our independence was very detailed about who owned each of the smaller islands surrounding the main ones.
As for trade, there has been some rivalry with the American city of Juneau, which is able to attract more shipping due to having direct rail access to the continental US. There so far haven't been any major confrontations due to this, and we've mostly turned to other trade opportunities, such as trading with our German allies. This has proven a solution to the problem, as goods bound for the German colonies from North America have started to go through Sitka instead of Juneau."

Lethen Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lethen Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:46 pm

OOC: Darnit, everytime I make a Q&A thread no one uses it. Am I doing something wrong?
Leader Anthem Overview
An alternate universe Letheny - where the monarchy never lost its power.

A 14 civilization, according to this index.
Current Year: 2017
Tech level: MT
We don't use NS stats!
IC Q&A Thread - Koningsplatz Alliance
TG me if you wanna talk, RP, or do whatever!
Lethen INA: Victory in Tel Aviv! Jerusalem within reach! Pro-Crusader assault on Isratine going very well | Raaagh! The Viking Age: Lethen sailors confiscate capital from the con-artists leading Japan in a nostalgic callback to our medieval forefathers

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:49 pm

Lethen Empire wrote:OOC: Darnit, everytime I make a Q&A thread no one uses it. Am I doing something wrong?

(OOC: I was thinking about asking someone today, but I haven't gotten around to it. I don't really think you're doing anything wrong. Maybe you should put a link to it in your signature.)

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:23 pm

"What is your Nation's ideology?"
This Nation is a Crossover of Naruto, To Love Ru, Bleach, Highschool DxD and Cardfight!!! Vanguard G.

Uzumakistani News: Prime Minister Aoroza Yoshisada have made a official apology for the threat that they made last year regarding the Uzumaki-Slavonian War and shall requested for a cease-fire until any further notice. | The Parliament have recognized the Patriotic Citizens Coalition of Uzumakistan as a Youth Wing but controversy of Mass Murder, Rape and Genocide have spread throughout the world. | The Republic of Ovamboland have been proclamed in Northern Namibia only to be governed by Leopold Nesselrode and has been officially recognized as a Autonomous Republic within the Empire.

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire wrote:"What is your Nation's ideology?"

"The most popular ideology, and the one held by the ruling party and myself, is anarcho-syndicalism. The ruling party, the Syndicate Party for Sitka, is informally split into three different wings, one supporting a very decentralized and democratic approach, one pushing for very centralized state control of the economy and other affairs, and the third desiring a more middle-ground federalized system. I belong to the first wing."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:36 pm

"Are you busy at the moment? If so, we would like to discuss in terms of Colonization of Asia."

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire wrote:"Are you busy at the moment? If so, we would like to discuss in terms of Colonization of Asia."

"I'm not particularly busy right now, but I don't really see the point in discussing it. I have no control over Asia, and the nations of my world are strongly against any attempt at colonization from another universe. And if you meant Asia in your universe, I again don't have any control over that."

Lethen Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lethen Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:47 pm

"I possess two questions. First, what is your people's opinion of Letheny, and two... why exactly do you prefer 'syndicalism' over communism?"
- Luka IV
Leader Anthem Overview
An alternate universe Letheny - where the monarchy never lost its power.

A 14 civilization, according to this index.
Current Year: 2017
Tech level: MT
We don't use NS stats!
IC Q&A Thread - Koningsplatz Alliance
TG me if you wanna talk, RP, or do whatever!
Lethen INA: Victory in Tel Aviv! Jerusalem within reach! Pro-Crusader assault on Isratine going very well | Raaagh! The Viking Age: Lethen sailors confiscate capital from the con-artists leading Japan in a nostalgic callback to our medieval forefathers

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:52 pm

Lethen Empire wrote:"I possess two questions. First, what is your people's opinion of Letheny, and two... why exactly do you prefer 'syndicalism' over communism?"
- Luka IV

"Our people in general have no problem with Letheny. Although we wouldn't want a monarchy in our country, we have no issue with them, as evidenced by our alliance with the German Empire.
As for your second question, it's hard to pinpoint an exact reason, especially when you consider that there are many ideologies that fall under the term communism. In a way, syndicalism could be considered a form of communism, in that they both are derived from the works of Karl Marx."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:53 pm

"What do your world look like?"

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire wrote:"What do your world look like?"

"Not too different than what most would consider the 'normal' world, honestly. Some nations have different borders, and there's of course magic and multiple intelligent species, but in terms of how it would actually feel to walk down a street, it isn't that unusual."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:09 pm

"What is your Sexuality?"

Rykil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 18, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rykil » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:11 pm

"Did you know the world is shutting down in five minutes?"
-The Gestalt Intelligence

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:13 pm

Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire wrote:"What is your Sexuality?"

"I would consider myself heterosexual."

Rykil wrote:"Did you know the world is shutting down in five minutes?"
-The Gestalt Intelligence

"Don't worry. My son Marty probably just possessed the server again. I'm sure he'll get tired of it eventually."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:14 pm

"How strong is your Military?"

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire wrote:"How strong is your Military?"

"A few thousand people are part of the militias, though they don't spend all their time in military installations; they're more like minutemen who work civilian jobs but are ready to fight at a minute's notice. We also have a Navy with three ships, but because of our small population we can't keep them in service all the time.
I'd suggest you don't mess with us, though. I'm quite powerful on my own, and our German allies are ready to steam across the ocean to us if we ever get into real trouble."

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:10 pm

"What is your Opinion about our government?"

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire wrote:"What is your Opinion about our government?"

"I can't say I approve of it. You seem prone to suppressing peaceful protests and denying colonies any thought of independence."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information