NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Dream of Spring [OOC] -Concluded-

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Next Time Period

Poll ended at Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:33 am

The Dance of Dragons
10%
The Invasion of Raymund Redbeard
No votes
A Clash of Kings
20%
The Invasion of Dorne
No votes
The Holy King (Baelor’s Reign)
No votes
Robert’s Rebellion
No votes
The Seven Kingdoms (Before the Targaryen invasion)
50%
Alt-History? (Make a suggestion in a reply)
No votes
King’s Landing Reboot (An RP set only in King’s Landing and the Crownlands)
No votes
Let’s Wait a Second (Don’t do another GoT RP. I have a LOTR RP in the works as well)
20%

Total votes : 10

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:03 am

Tezukaland wrote:
Revlona wrote:Here I was all hyped for the IC...

But I don't know what to put into my first post XD

Maybe just open with your character doing a part of their daily routine? Maybe listening to a report/briefing on what is going on in your region currently? Then have a maester come in with a raven and letter or something and have your character react to the letter in the OP?

Just an idea.

Along the lines of what i was thinking
Lover of doggos

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:14 am

Union Princes wrote:Roster update please?

Also, Stark-Targaryan sigil looks surprisingly nice

Speaking of this, anyone who hasn’t been accepted or is on the roster please reply to this post with your app so that I can look over it/add it to the roster. If you’re doing a custom house I need you to have both the House app and the character app in the same post. Thank you.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:00 am

Revlona wrote:"The Wolves howl to the north,
and the Dragons bicker to the south,
The Falcons and the Mockingbirds circle each other,
while Kraken sits dormant in his lair,
The Lion sit ready its eyes ever watchful,
and the Roses sit peaceful there japes ever thoughtful,
The Dornish sit apart from all the others, in there land of always summer,
Which one of these will Break this Dream of Spring?"
-Cyrus Lannister

Valyria hows this look?
Lover of doggos

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:20 am

Also, a thought. How are we going to do timekeeping for everyone's posts so we know what's happening when?
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:14 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Also, a thought. How are we going to do timekeeping for everyone's posts so we know what's happening when?

He wouldn't be a usurper if he is elected to the throne
Lover of doggos

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Revlona wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Also, a thought. How are we going to do timekeeping for everyone's posts so we know what's happening when?

Shhh it's like you are reading my post without me posting it.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Revlona wrote:

Was reacting to Lunas post
Lover of doggos

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:25 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Union Princes wrote:Roster update please?

Also, Stark-Targaryan sigil looks surprisingly nice

Speaking of this, anyone who hasn’t been accepted or is on the roster please reply to this post with your app so that I can look over it/add it to the roster. If you’re doing a custom house I need you to have both the House app and the character app in the same post. Thank you.

Name: Lord Alfred Stormcrow
House: Stormcrow
Titles: Lord of Carrion's Call
House Seat: Carrion's Call
House Sigil:
ImageFor those who can't see it, the sigil is a red crow flying on Baratheon yellow background.

Allegiance paid to: Stormcrows to Baratheons
Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality: loyal, content, more concern with defending Stormcrow and Baratheon honor. He does not concern himself the politics of other kingdoms.
Skills: Well trained in combat, excellent in leadership, decent in administration
Weaponry (If any): two-handed hammer, sword, and a shield to go on the back
Military Strength: (How many men can your lands call upon, eg. The Reach could likely muster 100,000 men.) 200 men
Biography: (At least two well written paragraphs please):
Lord Alfred has a lot of pressure placed upon his shoulders. His father and grandfather died of mere old age when they could've died with honor on the battlefield. Such of lack of military action meant that the peasants and other houses couldn't take House Stormcrow's combat ability seriously. While Storm's End boomed in wealth and prestige, Carrion's Call stagnated in size and in growth as most of the funding went to the maintenance of the household guard and levies. It took 30 years to fully equip the levies and household guard with proper weapons and armor.
Lord Robert and Lord Dane oversaw the expanse of the fortress, adding more towers, walls, and trebuchets to further the defense of the keep. But the Stormcrow fortune ran out when Lord Alfred inherited the lands as he couldn't afford further expansion of the fortifications nor the expansion of his levies.
With three claimants to the throne, Lord Alfred can't help but ponder if Lord Paramount Davos Baratheon would throw his lot to get himself crowned King of Westeros. But wherever a stag goes, the crow will follow.
RP Example: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=432708
Notes: (Please put here any ancillary characters you will likely play as, for example, Tywin Lannister would probably control Jaime, Hoster Tully would also control Brynden Tully, Robert and Stannis etc etc. Keep in mind your ancillary characters can still be apped by other nations.)[/spoiler]
Alfred's eldest son and heir: Peter age 8
Aldred's eldest daughter: Karen age 7
Alfred's Wife: Lady Maria age 29
House Name: Stormcrow
House Sigil:
ImageFor those who can't see it, it's a red crow flying on Baratheon yellow background.

House Words: Shall Not Pass
Allegiance Paid to: Stormcrow to Baratheons
House Seat:

Positioned in the mountains North of Crow's Nest, South of Felwood and West of Storm's End.
Approx Number of military at command: 450
History of the House (At least two well written paragraphs please):
House Stormcrow boast of its origins dating back as far as Robert's Rebellion when Ser Bart achieved recognition from his liege through his service in the early months of the war. It was at the Battle of Ashford when Robert encountered Sir Bart as he was preparing for a one-man last stand against the loyalist forces to buy time for Robert to retreat. Robert, of course, called him out on his idiocy and ordered him to retreat like everybody else. Later, at the Battle of the Bells, Sir Bart defended his position behind the door that separates Robert and Connington's men. According to legend, Sir Bart told Robert that "They will not pass my sword and shield!" and proceed to statue himself at the entrance so that if the loyalists found Robert's location, they will have to fight through him first. Sir Bart's performance in the battle was mediocre at best but his unwavering dedication made him a model knight to the Stormlanders.
Ser Bart also gained renown for being one of the first knights who pledged support for Robert's claim on the throne the same day he announced it.
It was during the Battle of the Trident when Sir Bart fought tooth and nail trying to regroup with Robert, whom he lost during the chaos. He used six different weapons and several shields and at some cases fought using only his fists. It was when he slew his third Targaryen knight with a war pick that Ser Bart witness Robert's killing blow in Prince Rhaegar. At that moment, he made a silent vow to get himself his own warhammer.
After Robert's victory over the Iron Throne, Ser Bart was awarded a castle of his own, making him a landed knight. Ser Bart initially refused saying that he rather have a copy of Robert's warhammer, but he was still awarded a castle and was given a Robert's warhammer of his own. When asked about his house words, Ser Bart response was: "House words? 'Shall Not Pass. Why? Because I'm a Stormlander and I serve King Robert and the Baratheons. I'll be damned to seven hells if I let a single foot of a Stag-Hunter into my castle."
The Battle of Blackwater was a complete disaster for Ser Bart as the ship he was on exploded from the wildfire. Fate was with him though, as the explosion tossed him into the shallower areas of the bay. Through sheer desperation, Ser Bart struggled to swim himself twoards the landing zones a broken piece of floating wood. Exhausted, Ser Bart decided to regroup and find his commander Stannis and launch the attack as his bodyguard. He was one of the lucky ones that fled on the galleys to Dragonstone. By that time he was stationed there, Ser Bart grew homesick as he worried that the Lannisters will strike at Carrion's Call. The Wall, however, was much better as he was one of the knights that charged against Mance's lines. Ser Bart swore to seven hells as his warhammer was too slow to swing against the fleeing Wildings so he had to opt for a sword and shield instead.
It wouldn't be until the Second War of the Five Kings when the warhammer saw actual combat when Ser Bart accompanied Stannis I when they marched with Paramount Jon Stark against the Boltons and Freys. Even though Renly Baratheon was his liege lord, Ser Bart left anyway, leaving his wife to take care of their landed title. He would always choose Stannis over Renly because Renly never reminded him of Robert's prowess. Ser Bart was also the first one over the wall during the Battle of the Whispers as he wielded his hammer left and right with such force that he smashed five of the defenders off of the walls.
Ser Bart would later perish in Stannis's second siege of King's Landing. Some say he died from the same wildfire that injured Stannis, other's say it was an arrow to the throat, but all could agree that his warhammer would be passed on to his newly knighted son, Ser Robert.
Ser Robert did not see much combat after the failed siege nor would he see combat for the remainder of his life. But he did not idle in his father's castle as he turned his castle into a small fortress. He also formed the Stormcrow household guard, but it was more commonly known as the Blood Corvidaes by the peasants. The Blood Corvidaes themselves were constantly drilled by Ser Dane as he was trying to establish a professional infantry retinue.
Ser Robert's son, Ser Dane, would later create a road straight to Storm's End to provide quicker transportation whenever the Baratheons gave a call to arms as well as being an ideal location for the Baratheons to escape to should the need arise. He marked the path by placing rocks and pebbles to guide the path. Like his father before him, Ser Dane died without seeing combat to his name. Now it's up to Sir Alfred to see whether the warhammer would smash skulls or not. Indeed, the glory days of Ser Bart has long since past and even the Baratheons may have forgotten his unwavering loyalty just as the other lords of the Stormlands may not have heard of House Stormcrow after the 100 years of mundane idleness. Lord Alfred must secure the legacy and reputation of House Stormcrow otherwise, the ballad of Ser Bart and possibly his future heirs be lost through the pages of history.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Revlona wrote:

I don't know if what your doing is legal

If Cregan asks to put his claim before the great council then he would be allowed too
Lover of doggos

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Revlona wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

If Cregan asks to put his claim before the great council then he would be allowed too

The legality matters very little. The point Daeron was making, and quite strongly, was that in his letters to his brother and uncle was that they needed to stand together against the stark. He is also asking Prince Baelon to act as Regent until the trouble has passed and the Great Council is assembled to elect which Targaryen is king.

In Cregan's letter, it says he is claiming the throne. Not that he is putting his name forward for the Council. That simply put, means he is dismissing anyone else's claim. Thus, in the eyes of Daeron, he is simply attempting to Usurp the throne simply because the previous King, a good and just King, died before proclaiming his own heir.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:57 pm

"Already, the chips have fallen.

They may be men of peace,

but they're readying their armies back at home.

In Westeros, there's no such thing as peace, only truce between wars."

- Lord Albert Stormcrow, upon hearing the news of Cregan's claim.
Last edited by Union Princes on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:00 pm

Revlona wrote:

You don't vote for Kings!

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Revlona wrote:

No you simply kill for one.

Long Live King Cregan
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:02 pm

Eraus wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

No you simply kill for one.

Long Live King Cregan

You don't get the reference, do you?

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:04 pm

Will post a finished app soon. sorry. been very busy.
My name is Ava/Ewa I am from Poland.
我会说一点, Mowie po polsku, I speak English.
I am Polish born, American citizen, I live in China.

Eraus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:05 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Eraus wrote:No you simply kill for one.

Long Live King Cregan

You don't get the reference, do you?

I mean....

monty python but I still wanted to make the King Stark Comment
Political Compass

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Revlona wrote:

The legality matters very little. The point Daeron was making, and quite strongly, was that in his letters to his brother and uncle was that they needed to stand together against the stark. He is also asking Prince Baelon to act as Regent until the trouble has passed and the Great Council is assembled to elect which Targaryen is king.

In Cregan's letter, it says he is claiming the throne. Not that he is putting his name forward for the Council. That simply put, means he is dismissing anyone else's claim. Thus, in the eyes of Daeron, he is simply attempting to Usurp the throne simply because the previous King, a good and just King, died before proclaiming his own heir.

Well, as there is a great council coming

Thats his best chance of getting the throne after all
Lover of doggos

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Val, Jaehaerys and Daeron aren't Rhaenyra's nephews, theyre her cousins
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:10 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Val, Jaehaerys and Daeron aren't Rhaenyra's nephews, theyre her cousins

I wonder if Jaehaerys will join his brother
Lover of doggos

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Name: Maester Brant Blacklocke
House: House Blacklocke
Titles: Maester
House Seat: Born in Blackreach (Wolfswood), serves house Blacken
House Sigil: Image
Allegiance paid to: House Blacken
Appearance: Image
Personality:Observant, quiet, pessimistic, dark, unfriendly.
Skills: Black iron, Copper, Gold, Iron, Lead, Silver
Weaponry (If any): N/a
Military Strength: N/a
Biography: (At least two well written paragraphs please):
RP Example:
Notes:
My name is Ava/Ewa I am from Poland.
我会说一点, Mowie po polsku, I speak English.
I am Polish born, American citizen, I live in China.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Val, did i say you could marry Layla Lannister?

Because I honestly don't remember if i did.

Or was this apart of the lore already?
Lover of doggos

Eraus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Revlona wrote:Val, did i say you could marry Layla Lannister?

It was apart of the Lore, Layla was one of the reasons the Stark-Lannister blood fued is over. She's Cregans mother I think
Political Compass

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Eraus wrote:
Revlona wrote:Val, did i say you could marry Layla Lannister?

It was apart of the Lore, Layla was one of the reasons the Stark-Lannister blood fued is over. She's Cregans mother I think

Alright will edit into my family tree
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:40 pm

Guess that means me and Cregan are cousins'

Yikes, that throws a wrench into...well everything
Lover of doggos

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Revlona wrote:Guess that means me and Cregan are cousins'

Yikes, that throws a wrench into...well everything

You think that is a mess.. just look at the Targaryen/Blackfyre/Blacken/Seasmoke/Velaryon Family Tree. It is confusing at times.

http://www.familyecho.com/?p=Q9JJH&c=1u ... 3347219332

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse