NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread X: Pol's closed

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could alter or overturn one of these treaties, which would it be?

1 - Treaty of Paris (1783)
5%
2 - Pact of Umar
2%
3 - Treaty of Versailles
65%
4 - The Peace of Westphalia
4%
5 - The Congress of Vienna (1814)
6%
6 - Treaty of Berlin (1868)
2%
7 - Treaty of Trianon
3%
8 - Treaty of San Francisco
2%
9 - Japan–Korea Treaty (1905)
7%
10 - Other (Please give your take in the comment section, only so many options can be added)
5%

Total votes : 564

War Gears
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Oil exporting People wrote:The Romans had the right idea on how to deal with this.

Enslave the people you want to fuck?

This raises uncomfortable questions about Vercingetorix and Caesar.
Parasparopagraho Jīvānām.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:15 pm

Oil exporting People wrote:According to Jesus himself, sexual immorality (Adultery) is grounds for a divorce; I'm honestly confused as to where the motif came from myself as well.

I'd like to ask which verse that is from?

As for where it came from: Jesus speaks about marriage and divorce: “Therefore what God has joined together, no human being must separate,” (Mark 10:9).

Aillyria wrote:[...]The "marriage no matter what" motif is a Christian thing,[...]

That is why I explicitly mentioned wanting to fix the marriage based on the love you have for one another.

Aillyria wrote:[...] A cheater is no longer in love with you, the marriage is functionally over.

I reject both notions utterly.
Last edited by FelrikTheDeleted on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:17 pm

War Gears wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Yes, and you tend to fret over incredibly small differences in ideologies.

Why not just call them "religions?" it's pretty damn confusing, people tend to associate "ideologies" with politics.
Luminesa wrote:Mormonism and Catholicism are entirely different, you’re comparing apples-to-oranges. If I was to convert to Mormonism, I would be radically abandoning some very important core tenants of my faith. Your problems with Buddhism and Jainism boil down to, “Do I want Cheddar or Brie?”

Yes, I'm sure the existence of the soul, lineages, afterlife, and praxis are comparable to food choices.
Luminesa wrote:Sure, I’m an emotional person, I won’t lie. But I’m still secure about what I believe.

No, you just resort to acting silly whenever conversations don't go in your favor.
Luminesa wrote:hence why you’re still here acting as though I’m an unsophisticated child.

"Acting."
Luminesa wrote:As in, you’re not the final authority on non-Western religions.

I don't claim to be. You're the one acting like you're the authority and I'm not a true Jain because I don't buy into your racist bullshit that's been used by Western imperialists for hundreds of years.
Luminesa wrote:Furthermore, that quote still talks a fair bit about detachment, which makes it close to Buddhism.

That's because it's a Buddhist text.

“Cheddar or Brie” as in two different flavors of a pretty close set of ideas. One being sharper and one being a little softer and more vague in flavor.

Wow, that’s a lot of salt. Huh. Wall of smug and insecurity just got ten feet higher, Trump is jealous. Are you gonna sit there all night and call me a child? Because that’s pretty funny. Really, keep going. Let’s see what else you can come up with.

Aaaaaaaaand the bolded part means Parkus wins an Internet. We see your contempt for Western civilization showing up, and it’s stinking up the room. That had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation, and yet here you are, acting silly when the conversation doesn’t go your-wait.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Oil exporting People
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Oil exporting People » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:18 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:As for where it came from: Jesus speaks about marriage and divorce: “Therefore what God has joined together, no human being must separate,” (Mark 10:9).

Matthew 5:32

In the King James Version of the Bible the text reads:

But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving
for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and
whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

The New International Version translates the passage as:

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for
marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and
anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.
National Syndicalist
“The blood of the heroes is closer to God than the ink of the philosophers and the prayers of the faithful.” - Julius Evola
Endorsing Greg "Grab 'em by the Neck" Gianforte and Brett "I Like Beer" Kavanaugh for 2020

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:18 pm

War Gears wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Enslave the people you want to fuck?

Vercingetorix wasn't a slave, silly. He was a prisoner. You would never execute a slave at the end of a triumph. That's a waste of your property. :)
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:19 pm

daily reminder that west a best
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:20 pm

War Gears wrote:
Luminesa wrote:The point is nobody cares

You apparently do, considering how personally you seem to take it.
Luminesa wrote:when you should just pick one religion and stick with it.

There are a lot of people who spend their lives genuinely searching through multiple religions and ideologies, like St. Augustine.

Have to give you credit. You backtrack so much that you backtrack over your own backtracks.

I’m not taking anything personally, you’re cussing me out and calling me a child. I’m just smiling and nodding.

St. Augustine knew his own ideologies so well he wrote books describing them. Once again, your arrogance shows, as you compare yourself to St. Augustine. I haven’t backtracked at all, difference is St. Augustine was a serious philosopher and you’re not. You’re just some person on the internet trying to cover massive insecurities by calling-out every brand of ideology you’ve tried.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Oil exporting People
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Oil exporting People » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:21 pm

This explains a lot of Roman history, but no; the concept of Pater Familis, in regards to adultery.
National Syndicalist
“The blood of the heroes is closer to God than the ink of the philosophers and the prayers of the faithful.” - Julius Evola
Endorsing Greg "Grab 'em by the Neck" Gianforte and Brett "I Like Beer" Kavanaugh for 2020

War Gears
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:21 pm

Luminesa wrote:Are you gonna sit there all night and call me a child? Because that’s pretty funny.

That depends. Are you going to keep calling me "smug," as though you know what that word actually means?
Luminesa wrote:We see your contempt for Western civilization showing up,

It's pretty telling that your idea of "contempt for Western civilization" is pointing out you're rehashing old imperialist-era stereotypes about Asian worldviews, rather than anything actually Anti-Western. But whatever, I'm sure you'll just pretend this is all a meme.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:22 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Aillyria wrote:Why would you want to stay married to an adulterer?

People make mistakes, they should be allowed to atone for them.

Not all mistakes are equal.

I'd say that, unless you and your partner agree to be polygamous and have multiple sex partners, once you cheat on your partner it is quite hard to gain their trust back. What I'd tend to do at that point is either offer them the out to be in a polygamous relationship, which is easier for me, as I don't have to worry about cheating then and I hold a discrete and symbolic choice to sleep with someone else if I want to since they are now starting to sleep with other guys, or have them sign the papers of divorce.

Of course, a brutal prenup would be in order, too, where if she cheats she'd leave everything she brought into the marriage with me and she would end up with not a single damn thing on her name (or as far as the law allows). Of course, in the name of fairness, I'd be bound under the same prenup too to not cheat on her or have all my shit taken away on a divorce.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Oil exporting People wrote:

This explains a lot of Roman history, but no; the concept of Pater Familis, in regards to adultery.

That was rarely ever actually used. Romans fucked like crazy. Adultery went largely unpunished, even in the moralizing reign of Augustus.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 pm

War Gears wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Are you gonna sit there all night and call me a child? Because that’s pretty funny.

That depends. Are you going to keep calling me "smug," as though you know what that word actually means?
Luminesa wrote:We see your contempt for Western civilization showing up,

It's pretty telling that your idea of "contempt for Western civilization" is pointing out you're rehashing old imperialist-era stereotypes about Asian worldviews, rather than anything actually Anti-Western. But whatever, I'm sure you'll just pretend this is all a meme.

Haha! Now you’re trying to tell me to get a dictionary! This is funny, keep going.

I am? Huh. You just sound extremely angry that I questioned your worldview. Get used to it.
-Alan Jackson

Oil exporting People
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Oil exporting People » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:That was rarely ever actually used. Romans fucked like crazy. Adultery went largely unpunished, even in the moralizing reign of Augustus.

I did say it was the right idea, but nothing of it in practice. :lol:
National Syndicalist

Mattopilos II
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:26 pm

War Gears wrote:Could you explain, please?

Your abstaining from taking life is just part of your attempt to escape life, to escape this world, to deny it and yourself. It is the negation of life and all its qualities; it is the attempt to make life empty and hollow.

And yet, he still sees Buddhism in a more positive light than Christianity.
Anarchist without adjectives, Post-Leftist, Anti-theist, STEM major.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche
“Our duties - are the rights of others over us.” - Nietzsche

War Gears
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 pm

Luminesa wrote:Once again, your arrogance shows, as you compare yourself to St. Augustine.

I'm pretty sure I didn't compare myself to the achievements of St. Augustine, rather just pointing out your hypocrisy. But at this point, I guess it's my fault for not realizing you've been trolling for the past few pages. No one is unintentionally going to act as obtuse as you've been.
FelrikTheDeleted wrote:I'd like to ask which verse that is from?

It's a pretty well known verse, I'm surprised you've not heard of it.
War Gears wrote:

Vercingetorix wasn't a slave, silly. He was a prisoner. You would never execute a slave at the end of a triumph. That's a waste of your property. :)

Thought he was executed years after the Triumph.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:34 pm

War Gears wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Once again, your arrogance shows, as you compare yourself to St. Augustine.

I'm pretty sure I didn't compare myself to the achievements of St. Augustine, rather just pointing out your hypocrisy. But at this point, I guess it's my fault for not realizing you've been trolling for the past few pages. No one is unintentionally going to act as obtuse as you've been.

I've been following this conversation.

Honestly, St. Augustine knew a lot of his shit and knew about different religions, what he didn't do was think of any of them as superior to his own (Christianity). He looked, analyzed, and made records of other religions, but never thought he'd be better served converting into one of them.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:35 pm

War Gears wrote:

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:I'd like to ask which verse that is from?

It's a pretty well known verse, I'm surprised you've not heard of it.
Conserative Morality wrote:Vercingetorix wasn't a slave, silly. He was a prisoner. You would never execute a slave at the end of a triumph. That's a waste of your property. :)

Thought he was executed years after the Triumph.

What hypocrisy? I don’t hang in the cafeteria looking for religions I like, and neither did St. Augustine. And if you haven’t noticed, it doesn’t look like anyone else on the forum is taking you very seriously either. So keep calling me names, I won’t take them seriously unless you write them in iambic pentameter. :^))))
-Alan Jackson

Aillyria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aillyria » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:36 pm

FelrikTheDeleted wrote:
Oil exporting People wrote:According to Jesus himself, sexual immorality (Adultery) is grounds for a divorce; I'm honestly confused as to where the motif came from myself as well.

I'd like to ask which verse that is from?

As for where it came from: Jesus speaks about marriage and divorce: “Therefore what God has joined together, no human being must separate,” (Mark 10:9).

Aillyria wrote:[...]The "marriage no matter what" motif is a Christian thing,[...]

That is why I explicitly mentioned wanting to fix the marriage based on the love you have for one another.

Aillyria wrote:[...] A cheater is no longer in love with you, the marriage is functionally over.

I reject both notions utterly.

#1.) The key phrase here is "love for one another", that requires reciprocity.....which no longer existed long before they act on their desire for extramarital sex.

#2.) Not only is that a naive way of seeing infidelity, in Islam, we have no sympathy for adultery.

When an unmarried male commits adultery with an unmarried female, they should receive one hundred lashes and banishment for one year. And in case of married male committing adultery with a married female, they shall receive one hundred lashes and be stoned to death.

— Sahih Muslim, 17:4191

Allah's Messenger awarded the punishment of stoning to death to the married adulterer and adulteress and, after him, we also awarded the punishment of stoning, I am afraid that with the lapse of time, the people may forget it and may say: We do not find the punishment of stoning in the Book of Allah, and thus go astray by abandoning this duty prescribed by Allah. Stoning is a duty laid down in Allah's Book for married men and women who commit adultery when proof is established, or if there is pregnancy, or a confession.

— Sahih Muslim, 17:4194

In islamic law, the appropriate punishment for infidelity is death.....God (swt) is great!
Conserative Morality wrote:If RWDT were Romans, who would they be?
Aillyria would be Claudius. Temper + unwillingness to suffer fools + supporter of the P E O P L E + traditional legalist

West Oros wrote:GOD DAMMIT! I thought you wouldn't be here.
Well you aren't a real socialist. Just a sociopath disguised as one.
Not to mention that this thread split off from LWDT, so I assumed you would think this thread was a "revisionist hellhole".

L/R: -5.38 L/A: +2.36 8values: Theocratic Distributist
I am female, Sorelianist, Sufi Muslim, Biracial, Murican
USN Vet, Semper Fortis dirtbags!!!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:38 pm

Aillyria wrote:#1.) The key phrase here is "love for one another", that requires reciprocity.....which no longer existed long before they act on their desire for extramarital sex.

#2.) Not only is that a naive way of seeing infidelity, in Islam, we have no sympathy for adultery.

When an unmarried male commits adultery with an unmarried female, they should receive one hundred lashes and banishment for one year. And in case of married male committing adultery with a married female, they shall receive one hundred lashes and be stoned to death.

Well, that's a little off-kilter. I may not be an advocate for penalizing unauthorized adultery for married couples, but I can understand the urge, but unmarried couples?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Luminesa wrote:What hypocrisy? I don’t hang in the cafeteria looking for religions I like, and neither did St. Augustine. And if you haven’t noticed, it doesn’t look like anyone else on the forum is taking you very seriously either. So keep calling me names, I won’t take them seriously unless you write them in iambic pentameter. :^))))

*notices a lot of bags of coffee at your desk*

What are these then? Hm? :p
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

War Gears
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Luminesa wrote:I don’t hang in the cafeteria looking for religions I like,

Too much opportunity for food to be contaminated with meat.
Luminesa wrote:it doesn’t look like anyone else on the forum is taking you very seriously either.

I don't mind. I've been on this forum for six years. After awhile, you learn it doesn't really matter.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Luminesa wrote:What hypocrisy? I don’t hang in the cafeteria looking for religions I like, and neither did St. Augustine. And if you haven’t noticed, it doesn’t look like anyone else on the forum is taking you very seriously either. So keep calling me names, I won’t take them seriously unless you write them in iambic pentameter. :^))))

*notices a lot of bags of coffee at your desk*

What are these then? Hm? :p

COMMUNITY COFFEE.

*Jitters.*

IT’S AT THE SUPERMARKET.

*Twitches.*
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:43 pm

War Gears wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I don’t hang in the cafeteria looking for religions I like,

Too much opportunity for food to be contaminated with meat.
Luminesa wrote:it doesn’t look like anyone else on the forum is taking you very seriously either.

I don't mind. I've been on this forum for six years. After awhile, you learn it doesn't really matter.

Cool. Then you finally get my point. Or did you just run out of ammo? Either way, good job.
-Alan Jackson

Mattopilos II
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattopilos II » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:43 pm

"Hey Matt, what did you learn in the thread today?"
"Apparently Catholics drink a lot of coffee"
"By fuck, knew you were still religious matey"
"DELET"
Anarchist without adjectives, Post-Leftist, Anti-theist, STEM major.
“Whoever will be free must make himself free. Freedom is no fairy gift to fall into a man's lap. What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self.” - Max Stirner
“The victory of a moral ideal is achieved by the same ‘immoral’ means as every victory: force, lies, slander, injustice.” - Nietzsche
“Our duties - are the rights of others over us.” - Nietzsche

Aillyria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aillyria » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Aillyria wrote:#1.) The key phrase here is "love for one another", that requires reciprocity.....which no longer existed long before they act on their desire for extramarital sex.

Well, that's a little off-kilter. I may not be an advocate for penalizing unauthorized adultery for married couples, but I can understand the urge, but unmarried couples?

Premarital sex isn't allowed in Islam.........
Conserative Morality wrote:If RWDT were Romans, who would they be?
Aillyria would be Claudius. Temper + unwillingness to suffer fools + supporter of the P E O P L E + traditional legalist

West Oros wrote:GOD DAMMIT! I thought you wouldn't be here.
Well you aren't a real socialist. Just a sociopath disguised as one.
Not to mention that this thread split off from LWDT, so I assumed you would think this thread was a "revisionist hellhole".

L/R: -5.38 L/A: +2.36 8values: Theocratic Distributist
I am female, Sorelianist, Sufi Muslim, Biracial, Murican
USN Vet, Semper Fortis dirtbags!!!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General