NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby Union World Cup 26 - Off-topic (Signups Closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Doltania
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

New Doltania

Postby New Doltania » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:46 am

Welcome to New Doltania, a nation in the region of India! After much nationwide debate, we have decided to submit a bid to host the 26th Nation States Rugby Union World Cup!

Why choose New Doltania?
New Doltania is situated in India, one of the most sporty regions on NS. We are currently co-hosting the Indian Champions League with Azadeshia, and believe that our region and our nation could put on a real blast for World Cup 26!

How will we fund World Cup 26?
We have already secured 150million US Dollars worth of funds, from the following sources:
Sport New Doltania
The Royal Household of New Doltania
The Royal Government of New Doltania
Various private businesses
Various individuals

Will the fans be safe?
Due to the current threat of terrorism to every nation in the world, security is bound to be a major factor for nations when they vote for their preferred bid. New Doltania has some of the best secured services in the world, and an extremely strong armed forces, in addition to an exceptional police service.

Scorination
We will use Xkorinate

Thanks for reading, and please vote New Doltania!
Last edited by New Doltania on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sporting Achievements: Champions of the 1st De International Football Tournament
Hosting: Co-hosted Indian Champions League with Azadeshia

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:06 am

Apparently, the host bids are hard this time. New Doltania presented a lot of useless RP information. I hope Mattijana brings us something better.

If it helps, I ravaged the NS Sports files to bring you the last five RWC winning bids.

Free Republics bid for RWC25
Aels bid for RWC24
The Royal Barangay and Ingla Terra bid for RWC23
Electrum bid for RWC22
Some Village and Neu Engollon bid for RWC 21
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Azadeshia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Azadeshia » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:32 am

New Doltania wrote:Welcome to New Doltania, a nation in the region of India! After much nationwide debate, we have decided to submit a bid to host the 26th Nation States Rugby Union World Cup!

This is more RP bid.I don't think you should bid for really big competitions like this till you get more support from others.

Xasnep
Civilian

Founded: Dec 20, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Xasnep » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Signing up.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Lisander wrote:Apparently, the host bids are hard this time. New Doltania presented a lot of useless RP information. I hope Mattijana brings us something better.

If it helps, I ravaged the NS Sports files to bring you the last five RWC winning bids.

Free Republics bid for RWC25
Aels bid for RWC24
The Royal Barangay and Ingla Terra bid for RWC23
Electrum bid for RWC22
Some Village and Neu Engollon bid for RWC 21

Yup. I second this. We need some more serious, high quality bids going on here. Well thought out with plenty of weight given to precedence (See the links that Lisander posted). I may have to throw my hat back in the ring for this, as it's been a while. I know I want Hutanjia to host the next League Cup.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 09, 2015

Postby United Vietussia » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33 am

Still too late to join in? If not, I'm in.

New Doltania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Doltania » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:13 am

New bid coming up
Sporting Achievements: Champions of the 1st De International Football Tournament

New Doltania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

New Doltania

Postby New Doltania » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:20 am

IC Information:
New Doltania is an empire spread around the world, governed by a set MPs elected in a representative system, as well as Lords, who are appointed by parties, the people and the Monarch. The capital of New Doltania is Occhenfjord, a city of 23,000,000 people that is split between the Sudt-Sweddam and Nord-Denhaag regions.

OOC Information:
Although host experience is thin to the ground, we know how to operate a scorinator, and will use Xkorinate. For RP bonuses, I will use the classic football bonuses, of -5 to +5.

System:
32 teams: 8 groups of 4, top two progress
40 teams: 10 groups of 4, top two progress

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:35 am

With my endeavours to create script to make my screen reader work with the scorenator proving rather more fruitless than I hope, I can confirm that their will be no host bid coming from me this cycle.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:14 am

New Doltania wrote:IC Information:
New Doltania is an empire spread around the world, governed by a set MPs elected in a representative system, as well as Lords, who are appointed by parties, the people and the Monarch. The capital of New Doltania is Occhenfjord, a city of 23,000,000 people that is split between the Sudt-Sweddam and Nord-Denhaag regions.

OOC Information:
Although host experience is thin to the ground, we know how to operate a scorinator, and will use Xkorinate. For RP bonuses, I will use the classic football bonuses, of -5 to +5.

System:

I'll just say this, personally I'm not comfortable with you hosting solo. What are the past tournaments you have hosted here on NS Sports and do you have links? Have you seriously read through the links to past RWC bids like we asked you to and taken pointers from them?

I know the RWC isn't considered as big a deal by quite a few as much as the football WC or World Bowl or WCoH, but I, and I think a lot of others take it seriously. It's not some one off tournament and it's not a fringe sport, in my opinion at least. I think we need an experienced host. Alternatively, if you were to pair up with a voluntary NSS veteran and put in a co-host bid, speaking as a member of the NSRB and I think the rest of the board will back me up, I would be much more comfortable putting such a bid up for voting.

EDIT: I see your thread for the India Champions League that you are co-hosting. It looks good, but if that's the only tournament you've done so far, well...it's not completed yet. Also, why can't you put the same effort into your RWC bids that you did with that tourney? Lastly, could you please stop re-posting new bids and just go back and re-edit previously posted bids with a comment and link that you have done so?

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:With my endeavours to create script to make my screen reader work with the scorenator proving rather more fruitless than I hope, I can confirm that their will be no host bid coming from me this cycle.

Thank you for clarifying this and reassuring us.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Kopyk
Attaché

Founded: Mar 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kopyk » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:21 am

If signups are still open I'd like to join, I've never been a part of a sports rp on here before but I'd like to give it a shot.
i don't use NS stats, check my factbook instead | this nation mostly reflects my political views

New Doltania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Doltania » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:34 am

Neu Engollon wrote:

OOC Information:

System:

I'll just say this, personally I'm not comfortable with you hosting solo. What are the past tournaments you have hosted here on NS Sports and do you have links? Have you seriously read through the links to past RWC bids like we asked you to and taken pointers from them?

I know the RWC isn't considered as big a deal by quite a few as much as the football WC or World Bowl or WCoH, but I, and I think a lot of others take it seriously. It's not some one off tournament and it's not a fringe sport, in my opinion at least. I think we need an experienced host. Alternatively, if you were to pair up with a voluntary NSS veteran and put in a co-host bid, speaking as a member of the NSRB and I think the rest of the board will back me up, I would be much more comfortable putting such a bid up for voting.

EDIT: I see your thread for the India Champions League that you are co-hosting. It looks good, but if that's the only tournament you've done so far, well...it's not completed yet. Also, why can't you put the same effort into your RWC bids that you did with that tourney? Lastly, could you please stop re-posting new bids and just go back and re-edit previously posted bids with a comment and link that you have done so?

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:With my endeavours to create script to make my screen reader work with the scorenator proving rather more fruitless than I hope, I can confirm that their will be no host bid coming from me this cycle.

Thank you for clarifying this and reassuring us.

I think that the Rugby World Cup is a big deal. I'll be honest, the ICL is the only thing that I have hosted, and Azadeshia did the host bid.

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:21 pm

The Darmeni Bid for Rugby World Cup 26

Darmen/Rugby Union in Darmen
Darmen is a Presidential Republic, located in south-central Rushmore. With a population of just over 7 million, Darmen is an economically developing nation with a relatively diverse population.

Darmen has yet to finish in the top three of any World Cup, but has consistently been a team capable of reaching the knockout rounds. The primary domestic competition is the 14 team (soon to be 15) National Rugby Championship. Rugby Union is among the top five most popular sports (alongside football, cricket, athletics and cycling).

Format
We are currently at 35 signups by my count. With that in mind I would prefer that we reach 40 total signups and have eight groups of five, but I'm also open to having a 36 team World Cup with six groups of six. In the 36 team format, the top two from each group and four best third place finishers would advance to the Round of Sixteen, in the 40 team format only the top two would advance. The knockout rounds will be single elimination, and a Third Place Playoff will be included for the losing semifinalists.

EDIT: Since we're at 39 teams now with a few days left before voting ends, I'll also amend this section with additional formats.
  • 42 teams: 7 groups of 6 teams - top 2 from each group plus 2 highest ranked 3rd placed teams to knockout stage
  • 44 teams: 9 groups of 4 teams - top team from each group plus 7 highest ranked runners-up to knockout stage
  • 48 teams: 8 group of 6 teams - top 2 from each group to knockout stage

Tiebreakers
Tiebreakers will be decided by:
1. Overall Points (4 for win, 2 for draw, 0 for loss)
2. Point Differential
3. Points For
4. H2H
5. H2H Point Differential
6. H2H Points For

Scorination
xkoranate 0.3.3. will be used, with the SQIS Rugby Union formula being utilized. RP bonus will be cumulative, and xkoranate-style modifiers ranging from -5 to +5 will be allowed.

Experience
I've previously hosted Beach Cup X, Rugby League World Cup 12, Rugby World Cup 18, Beach Cup 6, Copa Rushmori 9, World Volleyball Expo 4 and several other smaller tournaments. I have other experience in hosting several seasons of the Champions' Hockey League and my own domestic leagues.
Last edited by Darmen on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Azadeshia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Azadeshia » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:46 pm

OOC Information:

System:

Just as I said, we need to have more experience in this!We can't host if we don't have enough support.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:31 pm

OOC Information:

System:

I really don’t think you can host this I mean you already scorinated the ICL 2 days late and that was only 16 teams that you had to do so you need more experience to host something like this
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:19 pm

New Doltania wrote:I think that the Rugby World Cup is a big deal. I'll be honest, the ICL is the only thing that I have hosted, and Azadeshia did the host bid.

Well then, I think that speaks volumes. Also, there's the fact that two of your own region mates have just also come out in favor of you NOT hosting this RWC, one of them being your mentioned co-host Azadeshia. Furthermore, take a look at Darmen's recent host bid. While not very thick in IC content (which I'm sure would be adjusted with the subsequent IC thread should he be selected), it is very specific in hosting and scorination, as well as linking past experience in hosting capability, which is the most crucial qualification in this process.
My Factbook

New Doltania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Bid Announcement

Postby New Doltania » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:37 pm

The New Doltanian Rugby Federation's executive board, as well as the New Doltania Bid Executive Board, have voted unanimously to pull out of the bidding for the Rugby Union World Cup 26, stating that Darmen is better placed to host a successful world cup than New Doltania.

Azadeshia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Azadeshia » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:20 pm

My puppet Kejri Islands will join.

Kejri Islands
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kejri Islands » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:23 pm

Azadeshia wrote:My puppet Kejri Islands will join.

That's us, time for some rugby.
Hello, I am a puppet of Pratapgadh.

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:25 am

The MattijanaRugbiBand Presents An Official Bid For The 26th Rugby Union World Cup

IC Information

Mattijana is a large portion of North-west Esportiva with a significant, but proportionate population. It spans a fairly large range of climates with the far north a colder area, the central region temperate, the south Mediteranean and the South-East semi-desert. Petrovijanka, the capital city, is located almost exactly in the centre of the country at 214-232 metres above sea level. It has summer highs of around 28°C and lows of -5°C in the winter. There is a high level of sunshine for most of the year with precipitation mostly snowfall in the winter months. In terms of culture, the South and central areas are largely Slavic whilst Northern and Western areas are more Germanic. There is a small Arabic community in the South-East.

The official language is Mattijanan which is spoken by all. English and German are the most popular second languages. Due to Mattijanan only being spoken in Mattijana, the majority of people are bi-lingual. There is no official religion.

Attitudes to drink and sex are fairly liberal whilst there is good gender, sexual and racial equality. Social mobility is also good and the rich earn only twice as much as the poorest.
The government generally follows more socialist policies meaning the tax rate is fairly high, but schools, hospitals and other public services are all well-funded and reasonably-priced. Taxes on large businesses are slightly higher than on small ones. The government building is the MattiStaja, which is situated on Staja square in the centre of Petrovijanka. All six regions have their own smaller congresses however.

Rugby:

Rugby is a sport on the up in Mattijana. Already popular in the cooler, wetter climes of the Western and Centre-Northern areas of the country, recent developments in sustainable pitch drainage have meant that lusher pitches have been set up in the drier south as well, bringing more people into the game with them.

The tournament will be centrally based around the Centre-North's regional capital of Burges, but with substantial inclusions for WestStrand in the West, the capital city of Petrovijanka and the first international GrunesKorb pitch in the Southern Coastal City of Revinka.

Hosting Experience:

Mattijana's most recent hosting experience comes in football in the form of the 66th (and most recent) Baptism of Fire. In addition, Mattijana has hosted the most recent Campionato Esportiva (edition 20) and the most recent Field Hockey world cup as well as co-hosting the 8th T20 Cricket World Cup alongside Liventia. A Mattijanan WGPC team has been in the sport for the last two seasons (and will appear again in season 16) with good levels of success. Mattijana has also been frequently involved in RPs in NSTT, Rugby 7s, handball and Cricket throughout the last two years. World Cup participation has been regular for around the last four cycles, as well as participation in the summer and winter Olympics.

Formatting:

With a perfect 32 nations already signed up, the tournament can begin soon after host voting ends. There will be 8 groups of 4, with 2 from each group proceeding to a round of 16. Those eliminated at the group stage will not return, however teams knocked out in the round of 16 will compete for a plate competition, losing quarter finals for a bowl, and losing semi-finalists for a 3rd place play off shield. Nations signed up after the 32 will be waitlisted and used to replace potential CTEs or withdrawals.

As there are now 39 nations signed up (good turnout too!), one of two systems wil be applied. If the number stays at 39, the latest 3 to sign up will be put on a waiting list and the first 36 placed into 6 groups of 6, with the top two from each group and best 4 3rd-placed sides (organised by the tie-breakers below) going into a round of 16.
Should one more nation sign up, 40 nations will be put into 8 groups of 5, with the top two from each group progressing.

4 points will be awarded for a win and 2 for a draw. 1 Bonus point will be awarded for a defeat by fewer than 7 points or for scoring 31 points or more per match (in convention with the RL RUWC). Doing both these things in a match warrants two bonus points.

Tiebreakers:

Overall Points
Points difference
Head to Head Result
Points For
Coin Toss IC (RP bonus OOC)
Play-off match

Scorination and RP:

The SQIS formula on Xkoranate will be used, along with Xkoranate-style (additive) style modifiers, between -5 and 5. Should Mattijana advance past the round of 16, a third party scorinator will be requested for games featuring Mattijana.

RP bonus will be fairly generous and cumulative. Creativity, originality and interactions with other teams and the host venues are all encouraged.

In addition, as Mattijana are celebrating the recent opening of a number of 'GrunesKorb' pitches, a development that has made good Rugby pitches accessible to those in drier areas, the theme of the tournament is "Rugby For The Community." Therefore, RPs that explore the state of the game in your (or indeed other countries), good or bad, will receive an additional small bonus. This is a fairly wide area to engage with, leaving plenty of room for some creative work. However potential RPs could include:
-Who typically plays Rugby in the country.
-How popular Rugby is.
-How the different codes of Rugby are regarded.
-Problems for Rugby in your nation.
-Projects (such as the Gruneskorb) that aim to change this.

Questions?

Any questions, concerns or comments? Feel free to post them below or to contact me by telegram. Thank you for considering our bid.
Last edited by Mattijana on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

Quantilia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Quantilia » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:21 am

Is it too late to join? I'm new and have never done an RP but I'd like to try.

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:46 am

Signups updated to Quantilia. FYI, we reached 37 signups. This is great!

And since we already have two host bids and no new notices from Tomure, THIS IS THE CUTOFF FOR HOST BIDS. let's start with the Host selection. You may choose between:

Host Bids
Darmen
Mattijana

The Union Section of NSRB member is allowed to vote.

Tobiasia
Ko-oren
Bvriania
Barunia
Audioslavia
Mattijana
East Saintland
Kecrazia
Neu Engollon
Lisander
Juvencus
Abanhfleft
Racao
The Iron Syndicate
Natanians and Nosts
Hutanjia
Darmen
Free Republics
Alice Bay
Alpine Union
The Fair Republic
New Lusitania and the Algarves
Savojarna
Nova Anglicana
Elejamie

You may vote by sending a TG to NS Rugby Board Executive Council. Voting ends 21:00 UTC 8-Jan-2018.

Signups are still open, and the selected host will be the one to close it.
Last edited by NS Rugby Board Executive Council on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:33 am

Bump.

Do not forget to vote. Three days and some hours left!
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Aji No Moto
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aji No Moto » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:08 am

Ohayou gozaimasu.

Ningyou no Firindostan-sama.
AJI NO MOTO
Capital: Joshuyo | Trigram: ANM | Leader: Prime Minister Yoshimori Midoriyama | Region: Atlantian Oceania
OOC Puppet of Filindostan. Direct TGs to that nation.

Filindostan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Filindostan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:09 am

Aji No Moto wrote:Ohayou gozaimasu.

Ningyou no Firindostan-sama.

English please.

Confirming ownership of Ajian Empire.
Nation active only for Motorsports.
The Artist formerly known as Sangti | Potentia et Sanctitas Populi
Baptism of Fire 66 Winners
Trigram: FID | Demonym: Filindo/Filindostani | Capital: San Marco | Leader: Dorigo Dutete | Newswire | No Nonsense Sportswear | Esportiva | IUBC Newswires | Domestic Motorsports

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports