NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread X - Follow the Money

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The Flutterlands
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15157
Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33 am

Petrasylvania wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:I must ask, did I post anything illegal? I haven't advocated armed riots or anything, just how much I disagree with state preemption on net neutrality that it should be ignored...

A few people in the thread are tired of you imagining yourself the leader of some heroic resistance against soulless corporations and ranting for a coup every week even though your vote demanded the end of net neutrality by picking the moron who ran on the pledge to do so just because you were triggered by the Democratic primaries and wanted Clinton to suck it and use her tongue.

My vote demanded no such thing. I don't think anyone knowledgeable on the subject who votes except for ISPs wanted net neutrality repealed. That being said, if I could go back, I would have voted third party so I can be guilt free.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53461
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:49 am

The Flutterlands wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:A few people in the thread are tired of you imagining yourself the leader of some heroic resistance against soulless corporations and ranting for a coup every week even though your vote demanded the end of net neutrality by picking the moron who ran on the pledge to do so just because you were triggered by the Democratic primaries and wanted Clinton to suck it and use her tongue.

My vote demanded no such thing. I don't think anyone knowledgeable on the subject who votes except for ISPs wanted net neutrality repealed. That being said, if I could go back, I would have voted third party so I can be guilt free.

They should have payed attention to what party frequently spouts what before voting, then.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
Valrifell
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31627
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valrifell » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:52 am

Corrian wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:My vote demanded no such thing. I don't think anyone knowledgeable on the subject who votes except for ISPs wanted net neutrality repealed. That being said, if I could go back, I would have voted third party so I can be guilt free.

They should have payed attention to what party frequently spouts what before voting, then.


But god damn, did they show those elitist scum?!

...by voting in a billionaire?
T H E U N I O N O F F R A T E R N A L S O C I A L I S T L A B O R C O L L E C T I V E S
Perpetually haunted by the futures that never were and tortured by the futures that may yet be

User avatar
Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10647
Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:57 am

Valrifell wrote:
Corrian wrote:They should have payed attention to what party frequently spouts what before voting, then.


But god damn, did they show those elitist scum?!

...by voting in a billionaire?

Who wasn't even intelligent enough to make billions without an inheritance from Daddy and usually had to file bankruptcies and cheat people to do so.
Last edited by Petrasylvania on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 79496
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:58 am

The Flutterlands wrote:
Ifreann wrote:Nope. This is just what you want. You wanting something doesn't make it factually the only acceptable course of action.

I don't care. States must rebel against the preemption. It is an imperative if all else fails. Unless you think ISPs should be able to extort us for more profit.

Well I own stock in a few ISPs so yes I'd like them to make more money because then I get more money.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63016
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:08 am

The Flutterlands wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:A few people in the thread are tired of you imagining yourself the leader of some heroic resistance against soulless corporations and ranting for a coup every week even though your vote demanded the end of net neutrality by picking the moron who ran on the pledge to do so just because you were triggered by the Democratic primaries and wanted Clinton to suck it and use her tongue.

My vote demanded no such thing. I don't think anyone knowledgeable on the subject who votes except for ISPs wanted net neutrality repealed. That being said, if I could go back, I would have voted third party so I can be guilt free.

Well you didn’t, now make your bed and move on.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63016
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:09 am

The Flutterlands wrote:
Luminesa wrote:If there is no debate then log off your computer. Because you’re done. There’s no reason for you to continue if there is no debate. Otherwise you’re wasting your breath and everyone else’s time.

Im just saying thst states like WA should enforce net neutrality laws regardless of the consequences. I see no thing wrong with that compared to enforcing marriage bans which actually hurt people.

But there is no debate, you said. So you have nothing else to say.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

User avatar
The Flutterlands
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15157
Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:11 am

Luminesa wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:My vote demanded no such thing. I don't think anyone knowledgeable on the subject who votes except for ISPs wanted net neutrality repealed. That being said, if I could go back, I would have voted third party so I can be guilt free.

Well you didn’t, now make your bed and move on.

Why should I make my bed?
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63016
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 am

The Flutterlands wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Well you didn’t, now make your bed and move on.

Why should I make my bed?

Because nobody wants to hear your constant whining over your past decisions. Why should you make your bed? Because you’re a grown man and mamma’s not going to do it for you. Neither is anyone on this thread, myself included. You wanna act like a spoiled, rotten child? Go on Tumblr or Facebook and post all your complaints there, but this thread is done with you.
Last edited by Luminesa on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

User avatar
The Flutterlands
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15157
Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:17 am

Luminesa wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:Why should I make my bed?

Because nobody wants to hear your constant whining over your past decisions. Why should you make your bed? Because you’re a grown man and mamma’s not going to do it for you. Neither is anyone on this thread, myself included. You wanna act like a spoiled, rotten child? Go on Tumblr and post all your complaints there, but this thread is done with you.

Okay fine. I just hope that the Court fights, the fights in Congress and the elections turn out favorably in net neutrality's favor.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63016
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:18 am

The Flutterlands wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Because nobody wants to hear your constant whining over your past decisions. Why should you make your bed? Because you’re a grown man and mamma’s not going to do it for you. Neither is anyone on this thread, myself included. You wanna act like a spoiled, rotten child? Go on Tumblr and post all your complaints there, but this thread is done with you.

Okay fine. I just hope that the Court fights, the fights in Congress and the elections turn out favorably in net neutrality's favor.

Nobody cares.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

User avatar
The Flutterlands
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15157
Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:21 am

Luminesa wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:Okay fine. I just hope that the Court fights, the fights in Congress and the elections turn out favorably in net neutrality's favor.

Nobody cares.

Everyone who cares about the internet does, which is a lot of people. Maybe not many here, but a great number. Hopefully this will turn out next November.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59206
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:22 am

The Flutterlands wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Nobody cares.

Everyone who cares about the internet does, which is a lot of people. Maybe not many here, but a great number. Hopefully this will turn out next November.


It's gonna be amusing when the GOP holds both the House and Senate.
National Communist, anti-imperialist, political junkie, defense analysis fanatic, polytheist
LeftValues results
https://classunity.org/

User avatar
The Flutterlands
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15157
Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:26 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:Everyone who cares about the internet does, which is a lot of people. Maybe not many here, but a great number. Hopefully this will turn out next November.


It's gonna be amusing when the GOP holds both the House and Senate.

What makes you think that aside from gerrymandering after the GOP proved so incompetent this year the only thing they passed was an unpopular tax bill?
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59206
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:27 am

The Flutterlands wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
It's gonna be amusing when the GOP holds both the House and Senate.

What makes you think that aside from gerrymandering after the GOP proved so incompetent this year the only thing they passed was an unpopular tax bill?


Even in 2016 Congressional Republicans got more than a million more votes than the Dems, and midterms favor Republicans because their demographics turn out more. While it's not impossible that the Dems can do something crazy I'd put my money on the GOP.
National Communist, anti-imperialist, political junkie, defense analysis fanatic, polytheist
LeftValues results
https://classunity.org/

User avatar
The Flutterlands
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15157
Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:30 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:What makes you think that aside from gerrymandering after the GOP proved so incompetent this year the only thing they passed was an unpopular tax bill?


Even in 2016 Congressional Republicans got more than a million more votes than the Dems, and midterms favor Republicans because their demographics turn out more. While it's not impossible that the Dems can do something crazy I'd put my money on the GOP.

People are angry with what the GOP has been doing. Are they really going to stay home and let them further ruin the country? If that is the case then there is no hope for America and we are doomed to plutocracy.

Oh wait... both parties serve similar masters.
Last edited by The Flutterlands on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

User avatar
Valrifell
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31627
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valrifell » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:30 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:What makes you think that aside from gerrymandering after the GOP proved so incompetent this year the only thing they passed was an unpopular tax bill?


Even in 2016 Congressional Republicans got more than a million more votes than the Dems, and midterms favor Republicans because their demographics turn out more. While it's not impossible that the Dems can do something crazy I'd put my money on the GOP.


Midterms favor the party in opposition, and I don't really know if Republican demographics turn out or if they've just been the party in opposition for almost a decade now, so it just seems like they do.

Either way, you're very very wrong to assume the GOP are the favorites heading into 2018, no number supports that assumption. So be prepared to lose some cash, ya?
Last edited by Valrifell on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
T H E U N I O N O F F R A T E R N A L S O C I A L I S T L A B O R C O L L E C T I V E S
Perpetually haunted by the futures that never were and tortured by the futures that may yet be

User avatar
Valrifell
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31627
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valrifell » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:31 am

The Flutterlands wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Even in 2016 Congressional Republicans got more than a million more votes than the Dems, and midterms favor Republicans because their demographics turn out more. While it's not impossible that the Dems can do something crazy I'd put my money on the GOP.

People are angry with what the GOP has been doing. Are they really going to stay home and let them further ruin the country? If that is the case then there is no hope for America and we are doomed to plutocracy.

Oh wait... both parties serve similar masters.


Well, good, that means there's nothing you can do and you should stop wasting everyone's time.

Glad we got that settled.
T H E U N I O N O F F R A T E R N A L S O C I A L I S T L A B O R C O L L E C T I V E S
Perpetually haunted by the futures that never were and tortured by the futures that may yet be

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59206
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:32 am

Valrifell wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Even in 2016 Congressional Republicans got more than a million more votes than the Dems, and midterms favor Republicans because their demographics turn out more. While it's not impossible that the Dems can do something crazy I'd put my money on the GOP.


Midterms favor the party in opposition, and I don't really know if Republican demographics turn out or if they've just been the party in opposition for almost a decade now, so it just seems like they do.

Either way, you're very very wrong to assume the GOP are the favorites heading into 2018, no number supports that assumption.


People said I was wrong to assume Trump was going to win too, we'll just have to wait and see. If they don't run actual child molesters I think they stand a pretty good chance at holding things.
National Communist, anti-imperialist, political junkie, defense analysis fanatic, polytheist
LeftValues results
https://classunity.org/

User avatar
The Flutterlands
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15157
Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:37 am

Valrifell wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:People are angry with what the GOP has been doing. Are they really going to stay home and let them further ruin the country? If that is the case then there is no hope for America and we are doomed to plutocracy.

Oh wait... both parties serve similar masters.


Well, good, that means there's nothing you can do and you should stop wasting everyone's time.

Glad we got that settled.

Still might as well vote Democrat. I like my Senators, Whitehouse, who is up for election year and I like Rep. David Cicilline enough to vote for them.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

User avatar
Valrifell
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31627
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valrifell » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:38 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Midterms favor the party in opposition, and I don't really know if Republican demographics turn out or if they've just been the party in opposition for almost a decade now, so it just seems like they do.

Either way, you're very very wrong to assume the GOP are the favorites heading into 2018, no number supports that assumption.


People said I was wrong to assume Trump was going to win too, we'll just have to wait and see. If they don't run actual child molesters I think they stand a pretty good chance at holding things.


The Trump thing isn't really a good thing, because by all metrics, he was the unlikely outcome. Hey, unlikely things happen, the underdog wins, we move on. Democrats lead on a generic ballot by ~12 points last I knew, which is enough to take the House if things hold, which they probably will, since Trump has performed exactly as expected.

Speaking of, midterms never favor the party in power, and losses are increased for an unpopular party in power. With the Administration and Congress being historically unpopular, those also point to gains in favor of Democrats. I'd expect a Democratic House and a 51% chance of a Democratic Senate, as well. Because that's how badly Trump has dropped the ball.

Maths point to a Democratic surge in 2018, quite able to take the House and the Senate as been posed as a possibility.
T H E U N I O N O F F R A T E R N A L S O C I A L I S T L A B O R C O L L E C T I V E S
Perpetually haunted by the futures that never were and tortured by the futures that may yet be

User avatar
Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13653
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:39 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Midterms favor the party in opposition, and I don't really know if Republican demographics turn out or if they've just been the party in opposition for almost a decade now, so it just seems like they do.

Either way, you're very very wrong to assume the GOP are the favorites heading into 2018, no number supports that assumption.


People said I was wrong to assume Trump was going to win too, we'll just have to wait and see. If they don't run actual child molesters I think they stand a pretty good chance at holding things.

^ this

Especially since the conservatives and many republicans are bandwagoning the "trumpism movement"

The self proclaimed goal being removing elitism
Name: Ted
Favorite posts:
Tarsonis wrote:
Bnei Noah wrote:
“Yeah, fuck old people” is a strange thing to hear from conservatives.


The implication was that Antifa operatives were snatching up old folks from retirement homes and wheeling them out to pad numbers. HT has trouble accepting that Americans object to far right authoritarianism
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

User avatar
Valrifell
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31627
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valrifell » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:43 am

Can we stop pretending "Trumpism" has any kind of intellectual or useful merit as a term? Thanks.
Last edited by Valrifell on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
T H E U N I O N O F F R A T E R N A L S O C I A L I S T L A B O R C O L L E C T I V E S
Perpetually haunted by the futures that never were and tortured by the futures that may yet be

User avatar
Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13653
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:46 am

Valrifell wrote:Can we stop pretending "Trumpism" has any kind of intellectual or useful merit as a term? Thanks.

*shrug*
You treat it like that, but when people bandwagon behind it using a made up term then it kinda becomes a thing. To argue otherwise is denial.
Name: Ted
Favorite posts:
Tarsonis wrote:
Bnei Noah wrote:
“Yeah, fuck old people” is a strange thing to hear from conservatives.


The implication was that Antifa operatives were snatching up old folks from retirement homes and wheeling them out to pad numbers. HT has trouble accepting that Americans object to far right authoritarianism
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 114401
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:46 am

The Flutterlands wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Nobody cares.

Everyone who cares about the internet does, which is a lot of people. Maybe not many here, but a great number. Hopefully this will turn out next November.

We have a thread on net neutrality. Go there and talk about it. It's only marginally relevant in this thread.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Antisynthetase syndrome, Cole Whyte-Gurney, Dumb Ideologies, Fartsniffage, Geraluden, Google [Bot], Great Britain-and Northern Ireland, Great Lakes Municipalities, Ifreann, Kriegsreich of Iron, Maraganta, Marenmia-Ocasia, Neder Islands, Orlavia, Platypus Bureaucracy, Port Carverton, Reactionary Europe, Rusozak, Somewheretopia, Statesburg, Uiiop, Ulania, Yorsa II

Advertisement

Remove ads