NATION

PASSWORD

Strike Witches '68 (Fantasy/War, OOC/Interest)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Strike Witches '68 (Fantasy/War, OOC/Interest)

Postby Rupudska » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:18 am

Strike Witches '68
Same War, Different Warriors

Stealing the great Eviram's OP layout for this one since I like it and I feel it'll work here.

History

If it weren't for [the Neuroi], they'd have us taking sides and killing each other instead.
Air Marshal Minna Dietlinde-Wilcke, 1944

BRIGADIER-GENERAL MARCILLE WILLIAMSEN, USLMC

This isn't your mama's war, this is motherfucking Vietnam.

Why we're here? What, you need a history lesson, or have you been listening to so much of that Commie shit they spew out of New York that you forgot? Well fine. Consider yourself lucky that I paid attention in school for you, then. Grunts.

I'll start with fifty years ago since if you're dumb enough to not remember why we're here you sure as hell don't remember the last twenty. Well, fuck - that puts us at the end of the First war, let's make it fifty-two. Nineteen sixteen. The great European powers of Britannia, Gallia, Belgica, Orussia, and Romagna on one side, and Karlsland, Venezia, Ostmark, and Turkey on the other - along with a few other unimportant nations like Greece and Dacia.

They were engaging in the great European pastime of killing people by the thousands, something that had become so popular in Africa and Asia they decided to take it home, except there were no savages to bring into civilization there so they had to make up pointless bullshit reasons for it. And they couldn't just kill their own people so they had to kill each other. It was a grand ol' time that us of Liberion dismissed because it was just your usual European being European.

And then the Neds showed up and ruined everyone's nice war by being better at it than anyone else with their laser-spewing death machines. Neuroi, as they're called by the eggheads, 'cause they always seem to first pop up around the Black Sea. They parked a whole hive of them right over central Europe and that kinda took the thrill out of killing Karl real quick, and suddenly everyone was all united in brotherhood of Man and hatred of the xenos.

It only took two years to drive the Neds off but the damage was done. It was a bad few years, and there were Commie uprisings throughout Europe, and while Orussia had it the worst, nothing came of them, even when our own economy went under in the '30s.

Then the Neds came back in '35, over the Pacific near Fuso. And that was the first battle of the Second Neuroi War, and that was
ugly. But you know about the Second Neuroi War, right? The League of Nation's legendary 50X squadrons and all that, El Alamein, Gallia, Britannia, Liberion and Fuso retaking Indochina from the Neds, Operation Victory Arrow, the nuking of the Pacific Hive, right? There's enough movies to last a lifetime about it already. Go watch South Pacific when you get the chance.

That ended on June 3, 1948, when the Pacific Hive got blown in half by firing a nuke-tipped rocket from an AA cruiser at the Hive Core - I think it was the
Oakland. There was a big celebration in gay ol' Paree and all the world leaders were invited - FDR, the Kaiser, the King of England and ol' Churchill, the Fuso Emperor, et cetera, a grand old time, except the Tsar. He was busy being dead after gettin' his brains blown out by a Red.

Turns out the Bolsheviks had just been waiting for the Neuroi to leave before they made their move. And it wasn't just Orussia that was feeling the red heat, otherwise we woulda stopped it before it could've started. Fusoan Manchuria declared independence and went red too, and Fuso and the Chinese both asked to help to keep it from spreading. Us and Britannia moved in to help, but with the now-USSR pushing in from the north it was all we could do to keep them from reaching Beijing. And China broke up anyway - in 1954, with the north and west going to the People's Repression, the southeast going to the Republic of China, and Tibet splitting off to do... whatever Tibetans do. Gallia and Karlsland couldn't help because Karlsland was putting itself back together, and Gallia was dealing with Commie problems of their own.

See right as the Tsar's head was becoming modern art in the Winter Palace, some red by the name of Ho Chi Minh managed to wrest control of Vietnam from the Gauls, and by the end of the Manchuria War in May of '55 had managed to deprive them of all of Indochina as well. Laos promptly broke off and became an unimportant shithole,
Cambodia briefly went Commie but instead became fascist (and also an unimportant shithole), and South Vietnam was capitalist and therefore a friend of Liberion.

And friends help friends, right? And so we did. At first it was just supplies, then military advisors, then military advisors that can shoot back, then troops, then more troops, and soon enough we had a full-blown war on our hands, a big ugly war that Congress can't get into their thick skulls that it's actually a
war and not 'military advisory campaign' or whatever bullshit the lily-livered bleeding hearts in Congress are calling it to avoid declaring war.

And here we are, in '68. JFK and Kruschev pulled the world away from a world war after finding nukes in Cuba and Kennedy got a bullet to the head, LBJ gave blacks the same rights as mighty whitey and the whole South flipped its shit, and this not-war of ours has only gone downhill from here, even with Witches, those marvelous girls in their flying machines that saved the Second Neuroi War with magic and lead, being thrown into the mix in 1964.

Homefront

The war is simply an obscenity, a depraved act by weak and miserable men, including all of us who have allowed it to go on and on with endless fury and destruction – all of us who would have remained silent had stability and order been secured. It is not pleasant to say such words, but candor permits no less.
Noam Chomsky, 1969

WILLIAM "WILLIE PETE" PETERSEN, HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Okay before we start this I wanna make one thing clear. I ain't a damn commie, all right? I just don't think we're doing things right here. A lot of people don't, really. Which is probably why we're still there, among other reasons. But I digress. You wanna know the home front, what it's like over stateside whenever you get the golden R&R ticket and get to go back to Hawaii or, God have mercy, San Fran? I'll tell ya.

Well, the Packers won that Super Bowl thing back in February, but you probably found that out by now if you're within 50 miles of any Wisconsinite. Stalin's daughter defected to America, but you probably found that out within minutes since the military papers still won't shut up about it.

Fuck... '67 was a mess. You ask me? I blame MLK for this one. He denounced the war in April and all Hell broke loose. Not two weeks later, huge marches in San Francisco and New York. And if that was all, well, that'd be a dull year wouldn't it? We got some blacks taking over a college and the Black Panthers doing what they did best - intimidating people - but that paled in comparison to the summer.

What a summer, folks! Over a hundred and fifty riots all across our beautiful Liberion from California to the New York Is-land! Y'all'd've thought it'd stop when
Loving v Virginia passed, but instead it just got worse! Even DC got riots, but Detroit had it worse when half the damn city almost burned down, and LBJ had to call in the damned army to stop it.

It cooled down a bit after DC, but us back in America were just too damn angry to leave it at just race protests. Joan Baez and a bunch of other people got arrested for blocking entry to a draft center in Oakland, surprising no one, and a bunch of the weirdo type of hippies - I know, I know, 'but I repeat myself', stuff it - showed up at the Pentagon and just started chanting to 'levitate' it. Ain't no way that'd work, it'd take every Witch in the Mid-Atlantic to move a building half its size, and half of them are here in Vietnam. After that, someone probably realized what they were doing was completely asinine and just held a regular protest at the Pentagon, and a bunch of people got arrested. Someone got a picture of some dude stuffing a flower in an officer's gun. He got a Pulitzer for it. I think he pushed me out of the way to get it. Ass.

Everyone's mad as Hell over this war, and everyone has a good reason to be. The conservatives are mad 'cause we're still there, and the hippies are mad 'cause we're still there. Due to this overwhelming consensus, the whole country's a fucking tinderbox just waiting for an excuse to go off. I got yelled at by some lady in a tie-dye shirt and leather the day before my plane to Bangkok left, why? I was wearing a green shirt! I've never even been in the Army, 'cause I'm allergic to half the shit they put in C-Rations, which is also why I'm stuck here in Saigon.

No matter how you look at it, we're doing
SOMETHING wrong or we'd be done with Vietnam by now. I mean, they're armed with, what, AK-47s, T-55s, and Second Neuroi War era Strikers at best? Maybe a few MiG-21s if that, and they can barely put a dent in us. Yet we just keep holding the line. One things for sure, however this war goes someone's head's gonna roll, and I wouldn't be surprised if it took a few heads with it on the way down.

Magic

Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.
Unknown

YOSHIKA MIYAFUJI (宮藤 芳佳), PROFESSOR OF MAGIC ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA BERKELEY

Hello everyone, and welcome to Magical Engineering 101. I am your professor, Yoshika Miyafuji, yes that Yoshika Miyafuji, no I'm not going to talk about the war, it's a stupid war that I do not agree with, no I am not a Communist I simply believe that after losing almost ninety million people we would have gotten it into our heads that maybe war with each other is a bad idea, moving on.

The syllabus is on your desks, I expect you to have read it by now, or if not by our next class on... Friday. Let's start with the most important aspect of Chapter One, that is, History of Magic in Humans and the History of Magical Engineering.

The ancient Greeks believed magic was taught to the women of Greece by Hecate, and that the secret was spread to the world by an ancient turncoat whose name has been lost deliberately to the sands of time. The ancient Egyptians believe that the secret of magic was learned by a woman of Memphis after a cat stole a scroll that had been dropped by the god Thoth. Judeo-Christian tradition holds that magic was taught to Sarah, wife of Abraham, by an angel - whereas Chinese and Fusoan tradition holds that it was gifted to the daughters of an ancient king by the south wind. Curiously enough it is only the cultures of the Americas and the Australian aboriginals that lack an explanation as to why magic exists, to them it has always been present.

However, this is a science course, not a sociology course, so we must naturally deal in facts.

Magic is believed to have first evolved in humanity some time around 1 million to seven hundred fifty thousand years ago, during the era of
Homo Erectus. The current consensus in the paleoanthropological field is that humanity evolved magic as a way to protect the physically weaker females when the males were off hunting, which explains why the previous, less social, ancestors of mankind did not develop it - or if they did, left little to no evidence. Certainly humans were not the first species to use magic, nor were or are they the only - dragons still exist in the far remote lands of the world, and Britannia still maintains a small herd of wild unicorns in the wilds of Scotland, among other notable creatures.

Magic use is hereditary-recessive, a fact that was determined in 1931 by Dr. Heinrich Waldstein that earned him the Nobel Prize, as well as explaining why only one in one hundred women are capable of using magic in any capacity, and of one hundred of those only three are capable of using it to any amount considered to be martially useful. In this case, ability to use magic starts at puberty and steadily grows stronger, peaks at the age of eighteen, and slowly tapers off until the user once again returns to the 'normal' level for magic-using humans, remaining constant for the rest of their life. There are three constants and one variable with any sort of magic ability - the three constants are the ability to put up barriers of semisolid aether, the ability to focus magical energy on an object - which can be used either for flighty or to 'enchant' an object by permanently infusing it with magic via runes of varying intensity, more on runes in chapter seven, and the ability to heal others by accelerating the body's natural healing rate. The variable, known as an 'Ability' varies drastically from Witch to Witch and is believed to be only partially hereditary. It can be something as simple as enhanced hearing or healing magic or stronger shields, to something as complex as sensing radio waves or projecting magical energy in various explosive forms. The only constant for both Abilities and Shields is that, unassisted, even the strongest Witch can neither block nor project more than three point five kilojoules of energy, just under one watt-hour of energy.

Impressive, yes, but not godly as the legends claim - in the past the only way to exceed this would be to use 'magical weapons' crafted via various means, which are now state secrets. What changed this was James Watt in 1775 with the introduction of his steam engine, and the subsequent development in 1796 of the Wilbur engine, the first mechanical device that converted magical energy to mechanical energy, as well as noticeably boosting the abilities of whatever Witch was powering it, going so far as to manifest the 'aspects' - that is, the ears and tail for eared mammals, wings and tail for winged animals, and just the tail for everything else - of a Witch's familiar for the first time. A breakthrough for sure, but it remained a curiosity at best for over a century.

The First Neuroi War, which interrupted and concluded the Great War, was the second largest outbreak in human history up to that point, exceeded only by the Great Atilla Hive of the fifth century AD. Its destruction led into further research into the Wilbur engine and its properties, which ultimately resulted in the first magic-powered vehicles - motobrooms, invented in 1919 in Canada. Essentially an internal combustion engine powered by the Witch riding them, these were ungainly, bulky things that swiftly proved completely worthless for combat during the Chinese Civil War. Further development led to the first Strikers, developed in Karlsland - the 'backpack' Striker. Its engines were stocking-like devices attached to the legs that used a combination of energy supplied in a pack and the Witch's own naturally-produced aether to power itself. It was faster, had superior range, superior mobility, and freed both hands, but it still suffered problems due to total reliance of the energy pack.

It wasn't until 1933 when my father, Ichiro Miyafuji, developed the packless Striker that Witches were truly able to join the front line fight against Neuroi once again. By using ether drawn directly from the atmosphere, it removed the need for an external power source besides the Witch herself entirely. While all previous Striker designs increased the powers of a Witch beyond the unassisted norm, the packless Striker did so exponentially - an average Witch could produce a shield that could stop bullets from a tank cannon, create explosions with the strength of the average unguided bomb, or detect and transmit radio signals half a continent away, all this without the assistance of 'magic weapons'. With its reciprocating engine and superior thrust-to-weight ratio compared to any aircraft of the time, it proved almost as dangerous to the Neuroi as the Neuroi were to humanity. Production models were introduced to militaries around the world by 1935, and just in time because the Second Neuroi War would start less than a month later.

For the most part, piston-engined Striker Units has remained unchanged since then - technology has improved, civilian models have grown cheap enough for the common woman to afford thanks to less expensive materials, the electronics have improved dramatically, but the inner workings remain the same. The biggest change besides the jet engine is really the land variant - bigger, heavier, and slower, with most of the engine's output pushed towards enhancing shield strength and physical strength, allowing Witches to carry cannons ranging from small howitzers to full-blown artillery pieces. Does anyone know what things
have changed for aviation Strikers? Anyone at all?

...yes, that's right. Miniaturization runes, and the jet engine. Etherjet engines as they are called in industrial practice were invented by Ursula Hartmann in 1944, but they were largely unusable due to excessive power drain until an improved ether intake was developed in 1947. Miniaturization runes, meanwhile, enabled Striker Units to carry munitions and equipment themselves, instead of requiring the Witch to carry them in awkward satchels. While miniaturization runes have proved most useful in fields such as firefighting and cargo delivery - as well as the military - outside of the field of constructing Striker Units, it is the ether intake that has revolutionized the world of magical engineering. No longer do engines need massive tanks or a supply of Witches or magical creatures to power them, they can now draw power directly from the atmosphere. Some researchers say ether engines may even replace fossil fuels, and power everything from cars to homes to entire cities...

The Unit

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

COLONEL THOMAS PERRAULT

Ladies, gentlemen, welcome to First Marine Division HQ, Chu Lai, Vietnam. You in particular are part of one of the greatest modern traditions of the United States of Liberion's Marine Corps - the 1st Heavy Reconnaissance Regiment. First devised during the Second Neuroi War, the heavy recon regiment could be considered a microcosm of the Marine Corps itself - it has just about everything a recon unit could possibly need - barring helicopters, and let's be serious, who needs the ugly bastards anyway?

All right, all right, relax. You all know what we're here for, and what our purpose is, and if not you shoulda found out about it on the trip here, but there's media yuppies here from the New York Times so I'll tell you anyway. Heavy Recon units are designed to do two things: be real mobile and be real deadly, two things they exceed at. They were formed back in the war with the Neds after General Vandegriff noticed a sort of informal strategy forming between what armored units he had and the Witches under his command - tank and armor would use themselves as bait to lure the Neds out, and Witches would blow them away. If they found they couldn't, they'd distract the Neds and the tanks'd give 'em a free window. So he decided to cut out the middleman of carriers and separate command structures and create you, the 1st Heavy Recon. Your task is to be able to do anything that could be needed in an area to achieve your goals, which will mostly consist of general land and aerial reconnaissance, providing extra muscle to other units, helping with insertion and extraction for special forces and the odd spook, and the good old-fashioned art of fucking Charlie's shit up.

And we got the best tools of the trade for it. Those Army boys have been gracious enough to finally start providing the Marines with the ACAV variant of the M113, letting our humble shoeboxes be more than just troop carriers, but fellow engines of destruction! This formerly-humble vehicle features a half-inch machine gun and an M60 port and starboard, all protected by gun shields to keep even a grunt safe from small arms fire. Each company gets two of 'em, plus an M132 flamer. That should be enough for just about anything on the ground except a tank, and for that, you've got your Witches attached to the unit. Sorry, you probably be getting any tank Witches, but you'll be getting plenty of aviation Witches - can't say what kind just yet since apart from their flight leader they haven't transferred in yet, but it's likely to be a mixed bag. She's wearing F-8E legs, though. That I can confirm.

I'll be frank, you have pretty big boots to fill. The First Heavy Recon has never gotten the fame other units have had - though we were certainly there at Iwo Jima and the landings at Kyushu that finished the Neuroi for good, the media always wanted to focus on the legendary League of Nation's 50X squadrons or the more 'pure' infantry units of the war, and First Heavy Recon spent most of Manchuria getting pinched between Soviet and Communist forces.

But we survived. We made it out of that blockade and gave the PLA a response to every shell they sent against us. I'm not saying that I want you to win glory - glory hounds make good money for recruiters and undertakers - but it'd be nice for First Heavy Recon to get some recognition on its own for once.

Kick ass out there, and get back alive. That's all I need of you. That's all the Marines need of you. That's all your country needs of you. And relax! The Vietnamese Lunar New Year is soon, and Hanoi has called a ceasefire for the duration until February 3rd. So you all still have a few days before the shit starts flying again. Just be sure to be sober by the fourth.
Last edited by Rupudska on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

BIG OL' BOX O' STUFF

The OOC

• If you're in the RP, you can post as much as you'd like in the OOC. I actively encourage it, in fact, use the OOC instead of TGs. Makes the thread look more active, which encourages people to post. Or join. Or jost. (Or is it poin?)

• Strike Witches may not be real, and the setting may not be the same as IRL, but for many purposes Vietnam is pretty close to IRL. A decent amount of knowledge isn't REQUIRED per se about the Vietnam War, but it would be very helpful. Relatedly: It's likely someone in this thread will know more than me. Feel free to point out my mistakes when I make them. In the OOC of course. And if you have questions, post it here - I or whatever co-OP I pick will try to answer them, and I'll put it in the FAQ.

• This is a war RP set in Vietnam right before (one day in fact) the Tet Offensive. The Civil Rights Act passed not four years ago, and the movement is in full swing. There will probably be disturbing stuff in the IC. There will probably be racist stuff in the IC. Remember that this is storytelling, and IC events do not represent the feelings of OOC players. Or they damn well better not. Racist shenanigans will not be tolerated to any extent in the OOC, unless you're doing an in-character application (or making a side story, which technically counts as IC - I may make a side thread for that depending on how well this does.

• Scheduling problem? I will EAT those problems! But really, I understand if you have issues with posting on the reg - tis' the season as I write this, and IRL is more important. Just be sure to let us know here on the OOC thread before vanishing off the face of the Earth, k? And I can't stress this enough - try and keep the OOC lively and ideas flowing, worldbuilding always helps and new ideas for characters or side stories do too.

The Roleplay

• I'm sure some of you are wondering what exactly this is, well not many but I'll tell you anyway, as one does. This is a war RP set in the Strike Witches universe more than twenty years after a non-official end to the Second Neuroi War that is the setting of the Strike Witches 'Verse, and is instead set in the Vietnam War. The RP itself concerns D 'Dixie Company' of the 2nd Battalion of the 1st Heavy Reconnaissance Regiment of the 1st Marine Division, USMC - that's United States of Liberion, not America - a group of Marines that consists of armored vehicle personnel, Witches, and regular grunts. "We Do It All" is the regiment motto, and it's likely you will. Our story is concerned with the chaos of war, a war that your own nation does not like, the people you save do not want, and that pulls even those below the age of eighteen into its maw. There are no Neuroi here to justify carnage, there are only Communists.

• There are a few differences from Strike Witches canon (Faraway Land is instead called Canada, the Judeo-Christian religions were not blown away by a Neuroi hive in AD 60, China was not eradicated by Neuroi between the First and Second Neuroi Wars, North America doesn't have those goofy chevron peninsulas and that yuge chunk torn out of Alaska) that are mostly to make the world more similar to our own, though of course Witches - magical girls that wear engines on their legs powered by magic and shoot guns instead of magic wands and serve the military instead of a talking animal/peace/justice/love/whatever - are very different. One other key difference is that Witches in this canon lose their combat capability much later - in their late 20s - instead of right at 20 as in Strike Witches canon, to minimize the squickiness of having literal child soldiers. Also, Witches by the 1960s do wear pants - advances in elastic technology allow them to wear regular pants now, without the Extremely Stupid excuse of Strike Witches' original creator's excuse for them not wearing pants working - that is, needing to get in the air as fast as possible.

• All players will play members of Dixie Company, with I and my Co-OP playing all NPCs. I won't be as heavily involved in character creation as, say, Norv is, but I will suggest what kind of players we need, put hard caps on what types of apps I'm accepting, and suggest characters we currently 'need' - more like Ayeronia's Pretty Okay Company, which I admit this is pretty heavily inspired by. You are all Marines of some sort or another, though I will allow you to come up with NPCs should you desire. You can also take up non-combat MOSes if you truly desperately want to be Private Joker. Also, vehicle names will be decided by whoever apps for a vehicle position first.

• Mary Sues and Marty Stus will not be tolerated. Characters WILL have flaws, this is non-negotiable. They don't have to be debilitating, but they have to exist.

• In case you haven't noticed, this is a war thread, baby. Swearing, cursing, blood, violence, racism, especially in the 60s? Normal and acceptable. Going beyond PG-13 into torture porn and spamming "nigger" like you're somehow 12 while also on Stormfront? Not acceptable, and is likely to bring the mods down on you AND me. And I Do Not Want That To Happen. And since I Don't Want That To Happen, You Don't Want That To Happen. Comprendify? Fade to black and show-don't-tell is an art, be sure to bring your paint.

• The Eternal Rule ⑨ is in effect: Have fun, and stay frosty.

The Laws Of This World

• I am OP and My Word is Law. My Co-OPs are my Co-OPs, and their Words shall also be Law, but less Law than mine.

• Fellas we gotta keep it PG-13. If you can't, take it to a Discord or put it in spoilers - and even then watch that line. Mods are Always Watching.

• Read the OP. Look at the Important Links. Czech the Glossary and Factoids. Saves time for you, saves time for me.

• Post whenever you can however much you can. Quality doesn't equal quantity, and grammar is more important than length. If the IC slows down, try dialogue.

• Any former members of Pretty Okay Company do not have to provide RP Samples for the app.

The Glossary

• AW-1 Advent: Soviet air-launched anti-witch missile. The most primitive one the Soviets have, the NVAAF has this in spades. Dumb as a rock, which is balanced out by its massive warhead. Has a vehicle launched variant known as the SW-1 'Vandal' which is much more dangerous because the launcher isn't much bigger than an M113 and has surprisingly good weight distribution, letting it park itself in unexpected places. Some Vietnamese units have even taken to using the Vandal against soft ground targets via creative use of blind aiming.

• AA-1 Alkali: The first Soviet air-to-air missile, guided with a beam. Completely useless against anything that isn't extremely stupid or a bomber due to its poor aiming mechanism and short range.

• AW-3 Anchor: Soviet air-launched anti-witch missile, based on the AA-2 'Atoll'. Reverse-engineered from the Karlsland-Liberion developed 'Gypsy' missile which is the current standard issue for Liberion Witches. Far more dangerous, but still not infallible. The warhead is basically an enlarged fragmentation grenade with a copper skin. Has a vehicle-launched variant known as the SW-3 'Victor' but it is not believed the Vietnamese have any at this time.

• AA-2 Atoll: The Soviet's current 'main' anti-air missile, used exclusively by the MiG-21 in Vietnamese service. Reverse-engineered from the Sidewinder, which the Gypsy is based off of. Surprisingly dangerous against Witches if it manages to hit due to its warhead type - an expanding ring of near-molten metal.

• WIM-6 Gypsy Witch-to-witch missile. Standard issue for Liberion Witches and many allies of Liberion, including Fuso, Britannia, Gallia, and Australis. Looks like a Sidewinder with a flat green head - NATO witch-to-witch missiles have green warheads. Reliable, but has a tendency to fly into lose signal and lock onto something else in bad weather. Phasing out the WIM-2 'Gunslinger' missile in Liberion service, which is mostly complete.

• Legs: Striker Units. Why are they called legs? Because they go on your legs, and if they break or fall off you're not going anywhere. Duh.

• Ned: Neuroi. They're all dead and mostly used as a boogeyman for young Witches.

• Pants: Any sort of airplane, but usually fighters and attackers, as usually called by Witches. Why are they called pants? Because you need pants to fly them.

• Stilts: Tank Striker Units. Why are Tank Strikers called stilts? Because they make you taller. Duh.

• SA-3 Vampire: SA-3 'Goa'. Short range, truck based surface-to-air missile. Can actually hit a Witch, but does not usually do so.

• SA-2 Vincent: SA-2 'Guideline' surface-to-air missile. Famous for shooting down a U-2. Long-range and dangerous to anything that isn't a Witch.

Factos:

• A pair of civilian Strikers used to be as expensive as a plane until the release of the Honda Super Scout in 1959; since then civvy Strikers are usually around the price of a nice motorcycle.

• Magic-powered cars do exist, but they're about as common as electric cars were IRL ten years ago and somewhat unpopular due to anemic performance compared to gas cars. Much like diesel of the era in that regard, though ether engines have even greater mileage. Magic GENERATORS, however, are about as common as gas ones except in military service due to their tendency to glow when running - and covering them won't help much because they glow pretty brightly.

• Aviation Witches think they're grunts, especially in the USMC. Tank Witches know they're grunts. Infantry is divided on whether either are right; it largely depends on how often the individual soldier, sailor, or Marine has served with Witches in the past.

• Women in the military have been a thing since at least the Second Neuroi War even without including Witches, simply due to Witches being a common sight by the end. They are especially common in armored units.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

APPLICATIONS & DRAMATIS PERSONAE:

Roles not filled will be NPC'd until filled. Don't be intimidated by the DP size, there'll probably be a side thread for non-mission shenanigans.

1st Heavy Reconnaissance Regiment Company D 'Dixie'

HQ - Dixie
Commanding Officer: (Reserved by OP)
Exec Officer: (Open)
Chief Enlisted Officer: (Open)

Platoon 1 - Dixie 1-Actual
Platoon Lead: (Open)
Platoon Sergeant: (Open)

First Squad - Dixie 1-Alpha
Leader: (Open)
Rifleman 1: (Open)
Rifleman 2: (Open)
Rifleman 3: (Open)
AT Gunner: (Open)
Marksman: (Open)
Support Gunner: Pvt. Sanité Metellus
Medic: (Open)

Vehicle 1 - M132
Commander: (Open)
Driver: (Open)
Torchman: (Open)

Second Squad - Dixie 1-Beta
Support Gunner: (Open)

Vehicle 2 - M113 ACAV
Main Gunner: (Open)
Rear Gunner: (Open)

Third Squad - Dixie 1-Delta
Support Gunner: (Open)

Vehicle 3 - M113 ACAV
Main Gunner: (Open)
Rear Gunner: (Open)

Wing Squad - Dixie 1-Echo
Flight leader: (RESERVED FOR OP)
Echo-2: (Open)
Echo-3: (Open)
Echo-4: (Open)

Application:

Code: Select all
[b][u]Appliquation:[/u][/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (18+ for males, 16-22 for Witch females, 18+ for other females)
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] (Men AND women can serve, because Witches, duh)
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Hobbies/Interests:[/b]
[b]Ability:[/b] (NOTE: This only applies if your character is a Witch.)
[b]Flaws:[/b]

[b]Equipment:[/b] (List is preferred but not required)

[b]Birthplace:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b] (We're all Liberions here)
[b]Political views:[/b]
[b]Religious views:[/b]
[b]Education:[/b] (If applicable)

[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]RP Sample:[/b]
Last edited by Rupudska on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:27 pm

This is not the greatest bump in the world, but it is a tribute.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:39 pm

I'll see if I have time. I'm practically living in my office on weekdays.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Wolfenium wrote:I'll see if I have time. I'm practically living in my office on weekdays.

Well that's fine.

Still, first new post. Huzzah!
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:35 pm

Witches are women, right? So why men can be use in the app?

Unless I'm reading something wrong.

Also, a tag.

Also, an app most likely....I don't know, probs next week.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Witches are women, right? So why men can be use in the app?

Unless I'm reading something wrong.

Also, a tag.

Also, an app most likely....I don't know, probs next week.

Because not all characters will be witches, duh.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:31 am

Tag. I'm interested in this. Tho' I'll see if I do have time for this. Rup, you've made an another interesting RP...with witches~!

Well, I apparently I have a chara idea in mind. In the mood to play as normal grunt atm. And he's from Texas. :3
Last edited by Minroz on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:36 am

I'll tag this so I can read it later. At a glance, it looks interesting.
EDIT: ow many characters are we allowed to have?
Last edited by The Assorted Saharan Outposts on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 am

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:I'll tag this so I can read it later. At a glance, it looks interesting.

For now, up to two.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:46 am

Rupudska wrote:
The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:I'll tag this so I can read it later. At a glance, it looks interesting.

For now, up to two.

Brilliant that's what I was hoping for.
Just call me Sahara

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm

I shall dwell on it. I don't have any ideas right now, but we'll see.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:38 pm

I got a sort of immigrant lady in the works.
Then I'm gonna make a witch.
Just call me Sahara

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Appliquation:

Name: Sanité Metellus
Rank: Specialist if you're wondering what role she should have...I was sort of hoping support gunner for...some section.
Appearance: Image

Personality: So, Sanité is a weird mix of some kind of tomboy and just...eh. Someone who's average. She's one that'll pick a fight with someone after a couple of insult. Mix that with a couple of drinks and she'll fight just about anyone for the littlest aggression, or maybe even one that doesn't exist. She's a tough gal, and her motto has always been think first ask questions later. She's not afraid to get dirty at times, and will do what is necessary to make it out alive.
At the same time, however, she has a weird sort of momma bear thing going on with her. She'll beat the crap out of you if you so much as make fun of those she cares about, while she'll be sure to be nice and caring towards those who are injured, especially if they're her friends and family. She doesn't want to see anyone close to her get injured, and sometimes she'll do a few outlandish things to protect her friends, like using certain rituals that she's read about.
Likes: Seafood, anything spicy, dry humor. She enjoys going in the fast lane, figuratively and literally, and she likes to go biking when she's not out in the jungles of Vietnam having to look for Charlie.
Dislikes: Anyone underestimating her because of her abilities, all of that hippie dippie bull that's been going around recently. She hates anything that she deems too sweet. Also clowns are the worst. They're the devil in makeup.
Skills:Um...good at tying knots, can climb surprisingly well.
Hobbies/Interests: She likes to cook in her spare time, as well as go biking like states earlier.
Ability: Nah
Flaws: She's a bit too overconfident, and it can get her into many a bad situation.

Equipment: An Uzi fully automatic sub machine gun, and a Colt M1911, with the necessary ammo required. Yeah...also basic rations and bullet proof vest. That's about it.

Birthplace: Little Haiti, Florida
Ethnicity: I mean, she's black.
Political views: Values the freedoms that she is given much more than her life. Would rather fight against oppression than follow the rules of a government. She agrees that Liberon isn't doing everything right, and some things need to be changed, but she can't think of anything better. Will protest for rights if she has to. She knows what it's like to be a minority.
Religious views: As long as a religion doesn't call for discrimination against others, she's fine with it all. Hell, she's catholic with bits of vodou mixed in. She's not in a position to judge people based on religion.
Education: High school education

Biography: Originally, Sanité was actually just born in Haiti. In some small, rural town that no one really cared about. The town was close enough to one of the more major cities so that she could actually...you know, get groceries without having to farm for them or anything. Her father was a former soldier in the war, and her mother was a Vodou priest who was often performing rituals, and her father usually had to go out and do odd jobs. More often than not, Sanité was left on her own. She had nothing really going for her, but he time on her own helped her become self dependent, and she's actually grateful that she was left alone for so long, especially now.
At some point, when the Duvalier family who ruled Haiti decided to do some pretty oppressive things. While they still could, Sanité's family left Haiti when they had a chance. They had moved to Florida, to a little spot called Little Haiti, a neighborhood in Miami. Sanité was young enough to where this didn't effect her too much. The only problem was that she also had to learn English now. More often than not, her free time was spent outside, looking for something to do. Sometimes, she'd help her mother with a few Vodou ceremonies, or participate in a few. She's got plenty of stories from these things. She can vividly tell the story of where she was possessed by a loa, but the legitimacy of this was...questionable.
Later on in her life, after high school, she realized she didn't have enough money for education. She couldn't get a good paying job without that, and her family was already poor, as jobs were hard to find in the area. With no where else to turn, she turned to the military. The witches could work in war, and they were women, so why couldn't she? So...after a year or two of training, she was a military lady! And then...shortly afterwards she was sent to Vietnam to fight in that war. Great fun, yes?
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=370777&p=27975028#p27975028
Last edited by The Assorted Saharan Outposts on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Sahara

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:06 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:
Appliquation:

Name: Sanité Metellus
Rank: Specialist if you're wondering what role she should have...I was sort of hoping support gunner for...some section.
Appearance: (Image)

Personality: So, Sanité is a weird mix of some kind of tomboy and just...eh. Someone who's average. She's one that'll pick a fight with someone after a couple of insult. Mix that with a couple of drinks and she'll fight just about anyone for the littlest aggression, or maybe even one that doesn't exist. She's a tough gal, and her motto has always been think first ask questions later. She's not afraid to get dirty at times, and will do what is necessary to make it out alive.
At the same time, however, she has a weird sort of momma bear thing going on with her. She'll beat the crap out of you if you so much as make fun of those she cares about, while she'll be sure to be nice and caring towards those who are injured, especially if they're her friends and family. She doesn't want to see anyone close to her get injured, and sometimes she'll do a few outlandish things to protect her friends, like using certain rituals that she's read about.
Likes: Seafood, anything spicy, dry humor. She enjoys going in the fast lane, figuratively and literally, and she likes to go biking when she's not out in the jungles of Vietnam having to look for Charlie.
Dislikes: Anyone underestimating her because of her abilities, all of that hippie dippie bull that's been going around recently. She hates anything that she deems too sweet. Also clowns are the worst. They're the devil in makeup.
Skills:Um...good at tying knots, can climb surprisingly well.
Hobbies/Interests: She likes to cook in her spare time, as well as go biking like states earlier.
Ability: Nah
Flaws: She's a bit too overconfident, and it can get her into many a bad situation.

Equipment: A Stoner 63 automatic rifle, a Colt M1911 and, if it's allowed, a China Lake grenade launcher, with the necessary ammo required. Yeah...also basic rations and bullet proof vest. That's about it.

Birthplace: Little Haiti, Florida
Ethnicity: I mean, she's black.
Political views: Values the freedoms that she is given much more than her life. Would rather fight against oppression than follow the rules of a government. She agrees that Liberon isn't doing everything right, and some things need to be changed, but she can't think of anything better. Will protest for rights if she has to. She knows what it's like to be a minority.
Religious views: As long as a religion doesn't call for discrimination against others, she's fine with it all. Hell, she's catholic with bits of vodou mixed in. She's not in a position to judge people based on religion.
Education: High school education

Biography: Originally, Sanité was actually just born in Haiti. In some small, rural town that no one really cared about. The town was close enough to one of the more major cities so that she could actually...you know, get groceries without having to farm for them or anything. Her father was a former soldier in the war, and her mother was a Vodou priest who was often performing rituals, and her father usually had to go out and do odd jobs. More often than not, Sanité was left on her own. She had nothing really going for her, but he time on her own helped her become self dependent, and she's actually grateful that she was left alone for so long, especially now.
At some point, when the Duvalier family who ruled Haiti decided to do some pretty oppressive things. While they still could, Sanité's family left Haiti when they had a chance. They had moved to Florida, to a little spot called Little Haiti, a neighborhood in Miami. Sanité was young enough to where this didn't effect her too much. The only problem was that she also had to learn English now. More often than not, her free time was spent outside, looking for something to do. Sometimes, she'd help her mother with a few Vodou ceremonies, or participate in a few. She's got plenty of stories from these things. She can vividly tell the story of where she was possessed by a loa, but the legitimacy of this was...questionable.
Later on in her life, after high school, she realized she didn't have enough money for education. She couldn't get a good paying job without that, and her family was already poor, as jobs were hard to find in the area. With no where else to turn, she turned to the military. The witches could work in war, and they were women, so why couldn't she? So...after a year or two of training, she was a military lady! And then...shortly afterwards she was sent to Vietnam to fight in that war. Great fun, yes?
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=370777&p=27975028#p27975028

Not too sure on the Stoner 63 since it saw very limited usage in the war, and the China Lake is definitely out, it only saw action with USMC Force Recon and the SEALs, which Heavy Recon most certainly is not. Otherwise it's mostly fine.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:12 pm

So United States of Liberton is basically USA but with different name, right?
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:14 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:So United States of Liberion is basically USA but with different name, right?

Yes.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Yeah, I thought the Lake was a bit too much. I'll change some things.
EDIT: better?
Last edited by The Assorted Saharan Outposts on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Sahara

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Long live the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
this is totally not a tag plz no kill
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Long live the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
this is totally not a tag plz no kill

You come in my house and place this low-hanging fruit before me on this, the day of my daughter's wedding?
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

WIP

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Appliquation:

Name: Grace Sidewinder
Appearance: Grace Sidewinder

Personality:
Skills: She is highly tactical on the battlefield to balanced her rather average close combat and marksmanship. The use of smoke and fog as covers for surprise attack, and she is well-versed in ambushes.
Hobbies/Interests:
Ability:

Smoke and Fog : The ability to generates smoke and fog as covers. (Still WIP in details)

Flaws: Glory-hound and unfortunately rather weak when the surprise factor ends, due to her rather average combat and marksmanship.

Equipment: (List is preferred but not required)

Birthplace: Los Angeles.
Ethnicity: Liberion? Arab-Liberion.
Political views: Democrat.
Religious views: Islam....?
Education: (If applicable)

Biography:
RP Sample:
Last edited by The Knockout Gun Gals on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:54 pm

This makes me alarmingly happy.

When i can finish it, he is meant to be Squad 1's Squad leader.
Last edited by Parcia on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

WIP

Postby Parcia » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Appliquation:

Name: Luthor "Jack" Cedric
Appearance: WIP

Personality: He be a gruff fucker, one who had at one point in time been a perfectly acceptable and functioning member of society. Then he got drafted, got sent in with Hall Morr and the 1st AIR CAV at Ia Drang. That battle changed him, vary quickly he became one of the many "Changed" young boys sent in to Nam. He is colder, hardened, ever full with the snark, and holds some rather apparent contempt for Witches, both as an infantry grunt, as well as a Catholic.
Dislikes: Not hunting Charlie, Liberals, most Witches.
Skills: Infantry command, small unit tactics, marksmanship, guerrilla warfare, drinking
Hobbies/Interests: Guess.
Ability: He dont need no fucking magic to kill some gooks.
Flaws: He is a broken man, trusts little outside his unit, and has a tendency to insult witches.

Equipment:
x1 M14 select fire rifle - x5 20 round magazines - x100 7.62X51mm NATO
x1 M1911 pistol - x4 magazines - x28 .45 ACP
x1 USLMC K-bar utility fighting knife
x1 Cane Machete
x4 M2 Fragmentation grenade
Birthplace: Jacksonville, Florida
Ethnicity: Liberian
Political views: Doesn't care much
Religious views: Catholic
Education: Primary education

Biography:
RP Sample:
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:08 am

Parcia wrote:Appliquation:

Name: Luthor "Jack" Cedric
Appearance: WIP

Personality: He be a gruff fucker, one who had at one point in time been a perfectly acceptable and functioning member of society. Then he got drafted, got sent in with Hall Morr and the 1st AIR CAV at Ia Drang. That battle changed him, vary quickly he became one of the many "Changed" young boys sent in to Nam. He is colder, hardened, ever full with the snark, and holds some rather apparent contempt for Witches, both as an infantry grunt, as well as a Catholic.
Dislikes: Not hunting Charlie, Liberals, most Witches.
Skills: Infantry command, small unit tactics, marksmanship, guerrilla warfare, drinking
Hobbies/Interests: Guess.
Ability: He dont need no fucking magic to kill some gooks.
Flaws: He is a broken man, trusts little outside his unit, and has a tendency to insult witches.

Equipment:
x1 M14 select fire rifle - x5 20 round magazines - x100 7.62X51mm NATO
x1 M1911 pistol - x4 magazines - x28 .45 ACP
x1 USLMC K-bar utility fighting knife
x1 Cane Machete
x4 M2 Fragmentation grenade
Birthplace: Jacksonville, Florida
Ethnicity: Liberian
Political views: Doesn't care much
Religious views: Catholic
Education: Primary education

Biography:
RP Sample:

Be aware that that rank will probably make you Chief Enlisted, and I won't even consider that app without an RP sample because of it.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse