NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread X - Follow the Money

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The Flutterlands
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15157
Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Seangoli wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:That is what I am talking about. So really, again, what can be done about it between now and November 2018 should lawsuits fail? We need net neutrality for start ups and small businesses to florush. So why not find other ways of inforcing net neutrality. The repeal preempt net neutrality laws, but they are vague enough not to count taxes right?


Challenge it in courts an see what sticks? There is a very real chance that the preemption clause is way out of bounds for the FCC. I seriously do not think that the FCC can force states to deregulate in this manner, at all.

Not to mention it was put in there at the last minute without a comment process...
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 177998
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ifreann » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:15 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:
Seangoli wrote:
The real issue being that start-up web applications, websites, and services will be relegated to complete obscurity (Or even functional non-existence) as they won't be able to pay the fees that major ISPs charge out. It makes the next youtube, Gmail, Netflix, Wikipedia, etc. significantly more costly to produce, and likely means many such services will never see the light of day. Services, websites, and applications which could fundamentally change how we operate.

The notion that the ISPs are going to censor political dissent is absurd. Utterly, ridiculously, supremely absurd.

That is what I am talking about. So really, again, what can be done about it between now and November 2018 should lawsuits fail? We need net neutrality for start ups and small businesses to florush. So why not find other ways of inforcing net neutrality. The repeal preempt net neutrality laws, but they are vague enough not to count taxes right? Like there should be short cuts and loopholes...

As you try to conceive of ways for states to subvert the will of the federal government, consider that anything you come up with can just as easily be used by conservatives to achieve their ends. Do you so desperately want net neutrality in some form that you will pave the way for bans on non-Christian religions, for criminalisation of homosexuality, for second-class status for every kind of minority?
He/Him
From damnation, immolation
He descends bringing our salvation
With heart of nuclear thunder
Iron will made of steel

Saoirse don Phalaistín

User avatar
Zanera
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9715
Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Ifreann wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:That is what I am talking about. So really, again, what can be done about it between now and November 2018 should lawsuits fail? We need net neutrality for start ups and small businesses to florush. So why not find other ways of inforcing net neutrality. The repeal preempt net neutrality laws, but they are vague enough not to count taxes right? Like there should be short cuts and loopholes...

As you try to conceive of ways for states to subvert the will of the federal government, consider that anything you come up with can just as easily be used by conservatives to achieve their ends. Do you so desperately want net neutrality in some form that you will pave the way for bans on non-Christian religions, for criminalisation of homosexuality, for second-class status for every kind of minority?


At least the atheists will be fine.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 177998
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ifreann » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Zanera wrote:
Ifreann wrote:As you try to conceive of ways for states to subvert the will of the federal government, consider that anything you come up with can just as easily be used by conservatives to achieve their ends. Do you so desperately want net neutrality in some form that you will pave the way for bans on non-Christian religions, for criminalisation of homosexuality, for second-class status for every kind of minority?


At least the atheists will be fine.

Yes, I'm sure no one would want to oppress them.
He/Him
From damnation, immolation
He descends bringing our salvation
With heart of nuclear thunder
Iron will made of steel

Saoirse don Phalaistín

User avatar
The Flutterlands
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15157
Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Ifreann wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:That is what I am talking about. So really, again, what can be done about it between now and November 2018 should lawsuits fail? We need net neutrality for start ups and small businesses to florush. So why not find other ways of inforcing net neutrality. The repeal preempt net neutrality laws, but they are vague enough not to count taxes right? Like there should be short cuts and loopholes...

As you try to conceive of ways for states to subvert the will of the federal government, consider that anything you come up with can just as easily be used by conservatives to achieve their ends. Do you so desperately want net neutrality in some form that you will pave the way for bans on non-Christian religions, for criminalisation of homosexuality, for second-class status for every kind of minority?

....No...
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

User avatar
Zanera
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9715
Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Zanera wrote:
At least the atheists will be fine.

Yes, I'm sure no one would want to oppress them.


I wouldn't. :3

User avatar
Seangoli
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6001
Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Seangoli » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:22 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:
Seangoli wrote:
Challenge it in courts an see what sticks? There is a very real chance that the preemption clause is way out of bounds for the FCC. I seriously do not think that the FCC can force states to deregulate in this manner, at all.

Not to mention it was put in there at the last minute without a comment process...


It did have a comment process. It seems that the comment process was compromised, however the comment process was present. There is nothing at all stipulating that the FCC actually follows what people in the comment process say, only that people have a chance to voice their concerns on the subject. I am also unsure of whether or not Ajit Pai acting in bad faith can cause problems for him legally in trying to defend the decision. His openly mocking of opponents to the move and not even addressing the comments made are unlikely to win him much sympathy in court, however. Equally unlikely to impress the court is his use of misleading information and data.

That said, if you think the courts will say that he doesn't have the authority to do this, then you are just wrong. They will absolutely state that the FCC has the authority in this situation. Any court proceeding that claims he cannot remove Title II protections is a complete waste of time and energy, which could be used to better focus on other aspects that they may have the authority over. Namely, tht Ajit did not follow proper procedure in doing this; this will be only a temporary victory, however. The bar is very low for following said procedure, and Ajit seemd to want to fast-track it through rather than take a measured approach. Which is mostly par for the course for the Administration.

User avatar
Seangoli
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6001
Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Seangoli » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:26 pm

The Flutterlands wrote:
Ifreann wrote:As you try to conceive of ways for states to subvert the will of the federal government, consider that anything you come up with can just as easily be used by conservatives to achieve their ends. Do you so desperately want net neutrality in some form that you will pave the way for bans on non-Christian religions, for criminalisation of homosexuality, for second-class status for every kind of minority?

....No...


Our legal system is in part based on common law. Common law is based on precedent. Once precedent is set Due to the various constitutional protections in place, what's good for one person is good for another, regardless of ideology. Once Pandora's Box is open, it is impossible to close. You don't just get to pick and choose when legal proceedings apply.

User avatar
Zanera
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9715
Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Seangoli wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:....No...


Our legal system is in part based on common law. Common law is based on precedent. Once precedent is set Due to the various constitutional protections in place, what's good for one person is good for another, regardless of ideology. Once Pandora's Box is open, it is impossible to close. You don't just get to pick and choose when legal proceedings apply.


I heard it was Pandora's Pithos.

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 69787
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:02 pm

Ifreann wrote:
Zanera wrote:
At least the atheists will be fine.

Yes, I'm sure no one would want to oppress them.

Not for awhile.

There is the bigger threat of the LGBT community.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13647
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:05 pm

Ifreann wrote:
The Flutterlands wrote:That is what I am talking about. So really, again, what can be done about it between now and November 2018 should lawsuits fail? We need net neutrality for start ups and small businesses to florush. So why not find other ways of inforcing net neutrality. The repeal preempt net neutrality laws, but they are vague enough not to count taxes right? Like there should be short cuts and loopholes...

As you try to conceive of ways for states to subvert the will of the federal government, consider that anything you come up with can just as easily be used by conservatives to achieve their ends. Do you so desperately want net neutrality in some form that you will pave the way for bans on non-Christian religions, for criminalisation of homosexuality, for second-class status for every kind of minority?

I'm conservative and I'm not really against net neutrality but not for it. I have my own policy on the issue that no-one cares about because NN is considered for or against and no other real thinking processes. Also it seems to me that you view conservatives poorly. Just look at me I turned out fine. :p
Name: Ted
Favorite posts:
Tarsonis wrote:
Bnei Noah wrote:
“Yeah, fuck old people” is a strange thing to hear from conservatives.


The implication was that Antifa operatives were snatching up old folks from retirement homes and wheeling them out to pad numbers. HT has trouble accepting that Americans object to far right authoritarianism
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53461
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:20 pm

So of course Trump comments on the Washington train crash and spouts bullshit.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator
 
Posts: 4974
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Corrian wrote:So of course Trump comments on the Washington train crash and spouts bullshit.


"Infrastructure plans first!"
"But, Mr. President, condolences-"
"Which will be given with the right infrastructures!"

Probably the set mind he used.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

User avatar
Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13647
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:26 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
Corrian wrote:So of course Trump comments on the Washington train crash and spouts bullshit.


"Infrastructure plans first!"
"But, Mr. President, condolences-"
"Which will be given with the right infrastructures!"

Probably the set mind he used.

Personally I think the president has autism which is why he's so offensive to people. It's a type of social ineptness.
Name: Ted
Favorite posts:
Tarsonis wrote:
Bnei Noah wrote:
“Yeah, fuck old people” is a strange thing to hear from conservatives.


The implication was that Antifa operatives were snatching up old folks from retirement homes and wheeling them out to pad numbers. HT has trouble accepting that Americans object to far right authoritarianism
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 69787
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
"Infrastructure plans first!"
"But, Mr. President, condolences-"
"Which will be given with the right infrastructures!"

Probably the set mind he used.

Personally I think the president has autism which is why he's so offensive to people. It's a type of social ineptness.


I know a few autistic. Have a couple kids on my street. They are basically quiet and friendly. The seem to lack the asshat nature of trump.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13647
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:35 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Personally I think the president has autism which is why he's so offensive to people. It's a type of social ineptness.


I know a few autistic. Have a couple kids on my street. They are basically quiet and friendly. The seem to lack the asshat nature of trump.

True they tend to be quiet and friendly (I would know since I am one, and have many friends that are autistic too), but really though they're limited to that. Best explanation for autism is that they think differently. They are not limited to the quiet friendliness that most autistic people display.
Name: Ted
Favorite posts:
Tarsonis wrote:
Bnei Noah wrote:
“Yeah, fuck old people” is a strange thing to hear from conservatives.


The implication was that Antifa operatives were snatching up old folks from retirement homes and wheeling them out to pad numbers. HT has trouble accepting that Americans object to far right authoritarianism
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53461
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:37 pm

His tweet.

Also it is a lie as I am pretty sure he's done the opposite of help the infrastructure.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53461
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Jesus Christ this one

He's using the congressional races that Republicans have won as a good sign for 2018, despite the fact the whole reason they won is one, choosing ones with large margins on purpose, and two...they were more narrow than ever.

He also claims he knew Gillespie and Moore would lose.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13647
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:40 pm

Corrian wrote:His tweet.

Also it is a lie as I am pretty sure he's done the opposite of help the infrastructure.

Nah, you can't make infrastructure worse if you sink more money into it.
Name: Ted
Favorite posts:
Tarsonis wrote:
Bnei Noah wrote:
“Yeah, fuck old people” is a strange thing to hear from conservatives.


The implication was that Antifa operatives were snatching up old folks from retirement homes and wheeling them out to pad numbers. HT has trouble accepting that Americans object to far right authoritarianism
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

User avatar
The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator
 
Posts: 4974
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Corrian wrote:His tweet.

Also it is a lie as I am pretty sure he's done the opposite of help the infrastructure.


We don't know that for sure. After all, it's still 3 more years of Trump presidency.

Anything can happen.

Anything.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

User avatar
Vassenor
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 71104
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:59 am

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
Corrian wrote:His tweet.

Also it is a lie as I am pretty sure he's done the opposite of help the infrastructure.


We don't know that for sure. After all, it's still 3 more years of Trump presidency.

Anything can happen.

Anything.


Trump slashed Amtrak's funding early in his reign.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN♀

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53461
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:14 am

My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

User avatar
Neutraligon
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 42642
Founded: Oct 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:54 am



"He has told me, 'Kennedy, when some of my guys send someone who is not qualified, you do your job,' " Kennedy added.

So Trump, since you hire the best, why are your guys sending someone who is not qualified? Why are they not doing their job?
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

User avatar
The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7410
Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:06 am


I’m not surprised, that hearing was a train wreck based on the clips I’ve seen from it.
"2026. Corruption. Racism. Hate. The Church has failed and if Jesus came down he'd be shot."
Jesus wept.
Rennt um euer leben, er hat ‘ne panzerfaust.
Authoritarian leftist as a means to a libertarian socialist end. Civic nationalist and American patriot. Democracy is non-negotiable. Earth first, make Mars our bitch. Uniting humanity, fixing our planet and venturing out into the stars is the overarching goal. Jaded and broken yet I persist.

User avatar
Corrian
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53461
Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 am

Neutraligon wrote:


"He has told me, 'Kennedy, when some of my guys send someone who is not qualified, you do your job,' " Kennedy added.

So Trump, since you hire the best, why are your guys sending someone who is not qualified? Why are they not doing their job?

Not that I give them much credit because they still accept other guys who have been deemed "Not qualified" and trying to discredit the organization that deems them that, but I gotta give credit where credit is given where Kennedy is even just like "Yeah, fuck this, this guy is completely unqualified so just no"
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ameriganastan, Anakona, Cerespasia, Eternal Imperium of Aetheris, Google Adsense [Bot], Intratec 9mm, Kuromistan, La Xinga, Marenmia-Ocasia, New Halo, Northern Socialist Council Republics, Rusozak, Sackballs, The Lazarene Republic

Advertisement

Remove ads