NATION

PASSWORD

#JWHF4 | Zoloroni, Mercedini | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Merecendi
Language(s):
Common Tongue
Lyrics: Yusatin & Ishatin Awarmseet
Music: Ishatin Awarmseet

TBA
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Merecendi's first ever foray into Junior World Hit Festival features Yusatin Awarmseet, who, at the young age of 7, is Merecendi's most mature, by foreign standards, performer ever to perform in a song contest. A veritable child prodigy, he is exceeded only by his younger sister, Ishatin, who at the age of 2 and a half composed the orchestral composition of the song, but could not perform due to contest rules. She is expected to be found wildly clapping her hands in support of her slightly less talented but older brother as she babysits her parents in the green room. The Merecendian public are divided on the song, thinking it is mostly a waste of time better spent on buying stocks in local happiness, and sunbathing without boundaries.

The stage is in darkness, with only a fun-sized piano lit by soft spotlights. Yusatin sits, dressed in a little tuxedo, and begins playing. He sings into the microphone mounted on the baby baby grand. The camera zooms in on his face, which is wracked with pained determination, and his voice literally drips with melancholy, splashing on the piano keys
Is destiny certain, is destiny final
If we're together, it won't matter much
We won't be forgotten, I won't forget you
With you by my side

A single tear of pain traces down from his face. He can't bear to make eye contact with the camera for the longest time, but when he does, the camera disappears into his eyeball, and is lost into the maelstrom of loss and misery within
Don't try to hide it, don't be resentful
Yes you'll outlive me, savor this touch
So will you fly with me, in such fragile youth
I'll let you decide

Golden spotlights sweep out as golden light suffuses the arena and another camera zooms out from him, taking in all of the stage and audience within its benevolent gaze. It begins to melt a bit from the pure warmth, and shorts out for a second as Yusatin's honeyed, wistful voice fills the stadium with its volume to the point where the audience begins to have trouble breathing
Yet all of this fear
Can't faze me
I'll travel lightyears and lightyears
And I'll live on

I won't disappear
Can't faze me
I'll still love you, still love you
Beyond my life

The most stunning chords and sounds vibrate through the arena, causing the molecules of all present to dance in synchrony, a beautiful dance that leaves everyone even more breathless than before, a state of existence where even the air is dancing and all is one and one is all
Love you, beyond my lifetime

The shared joy and enrapturement of the audience builds itself up into the arena air as a physical form, reaching up toward the heavens in joyous exclamation, shining into the darkness, radiating into the light. Amidst it all, Yusatin plays the piano effortlessly and stunningly, with poise unmatched among anyone in the arena. The lights and drama tone down, resonating at a lower frequency as only Yusatin is softly lit, only his face lit by a glimmer of softened spotlight glancing off the water rippled surface of the piano
Their love is ephemeral, our love is eternal
The sky stretches onwards, beyond mortal sight
You know what you're made of, no one can stop you
And you can decide
Decide

Gold light suffuses the arena once more, the camera hitting all the most dramatic angles like a runway supermodel starring in a theatrical action movie, all the best curves and all slick angles. Pyros begin to weep upon the stage, pure emotion pouring out of the actual stage itself and washing over the audience, a tsunami of love and determination infiltrating every micrometer of the space provided
And so all of this fear
Can't faze me
And I'll live on
I won't disappear
You can face me
And when you rise to join me
That's all my heart wants

Fog covers the stage floor as the orchestra rises out of a pit no one knew existed, all Merecendi children around Yusatin's age. They play flawlessly with their miniature instruments, and rise above the crowd as one

Can't faze me

The pure emotion radiating from Yusatin is now at the point where waves of distortion warp and bend across the stage and arena, reality thinning at the seams and people wondering if they accidentally added the wrong kind of mushrooms to their last meal. Nonetheless, they are all captured in a state of euphoria as Yusatin's promise rings true throughout the air and land
And so all of this fear
Can't faze me
To see you once more
I won't disappear
You can face me
And when you rise to join me

The orchestra sinks back into their pit, as if it never existed. The stage lights dim back down to just a single spotlight on Yusatin, playing the final measures on the piano. He seems peaceful, ready, and waiting for destiny to take its path

The lights return to normal, or as normal as they'll ever be. Yusatin sniffles and wipes away tears as he yelps, "Thank you, with, all my heart, Zoloroni!!" and shuffles back stage
.................................................................................................................................
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Alinghi FDR
Language(s):
Italian, English
Lyrics: L. Quinn Sonny, M. Lang Lutz, M. Lesbaninotin Caurline, Z. Orvoloson Hedwerine, D-M. Ogbunembe Alisha, G. Bonnes Klara
Music: The Alingan Young Band

TBA
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Translation between the "[" and "]"
from the left to right, Hedwerine, Sonny, Klara, Alisha, Lutz

Song are comped by the kids ever kid have created a stanza, Logbottom created two stanzas. And togheter they created the refrain

The child became famous on social media on their youtybe channel, the sing a cover of existant song, and last year became to sing a original song, the selectiinator comitee of ARFSA (the national tv fo the repuboic) selection his with this song to represent the Republic at his first partecipation at JWHS. They're live in Hartenweld in canton Tizi, and attend the local elementary and middle school.

The kids entered on the stage an began to sing.

On the screen is compared the planet earth that shown from the space

Nel mondo ci sono tanti animali [In the world where are many animals]
di tante specie e in posti diversi, [of many pecies and in the different places]
Dalle lande glaciali ai deserti più aspri [From the glacial lands to a fierce deserts]
milioni di specie abitano la nostra terra [millions of species lived the our earth]

But this world is fragile,
and we must anything to preserve it
And we must stop to riun it
before it's too late
It's the our world.

Suddently on the "camera" on the screen is zoom (as Google earth effect when you d a research) to Kenya and show a savana habitat, with leans, giraffe, zebras, etc...

Nella savana ci sono i leoni [In the savana where are the lions]
che portameto fiero è il re degli animali. [with a pround poise is the king of animals]
Poi ci sono le giraffe con il loro collo lungo [After where are the giraffes with thier long neck]
che mangiano le foglie dalla cima degli alberi [they eat the leaves in the chime of trees]

Now on the screen from Kenya is moving (with Google Earth animation effects) to north pole, an after will move (with Google Earth animation effects) to south pole

Nei poli freddi e inospitali si posson veder [In the cold and inhospital poles you can see]
che la vita che fiorisce anche lì [that the life will blooms also here]
a nord gli orsi bianchi e a sud i pin-gui-ni [at north the polar bears and in the south the penguins]
sopravvivono a condizioni estreme [they will survive in extreme conditions]

On the screen from the south pole will return will zoom backwards to show again the entire world
But this world is fragile,
and we must anything to preserve it
And we must stop to riun it
before it's too late
It's the our world.

Now on the screen goes to Saudi arabia and shown a desert habitat with camels, and other desert animal
Nei deserti caldi e aridi si posson veder [In the hot and arids deserts you can see]
animali che si sono adattati [animal who have adapted]
dai cammelli con le loro sacche d'acqua [from the camels with their water's bag]
ai scorpioni che sono nascosti nella sabbia [to the Scorpions what they are hidden under the sand]

The screen goes (with Google Earth animation effects) to Central Africa, in a tropical forest ahbitat.

Nelle foreste tropicali equatoriali [In the equatorial tropical forests]
dove vivevano i nostri antenati [where lived the our anchestors]
con le pioggie la vita è rigoliosa [with the rains the life is luxuriant]
una moltitudine di animali li puoi trovar [a lot of animals you'll can find]

From the central african tropical forests the image goes backwards to show again the entire world

This diversity the planet will be lost
if we don't anything to change it.
Let's help each other to give himand the next generation
the right to see the nature's diversity

Now on the screen goes suddently to in middle fo pacific ocean under the sea

Anche la vita sott'acqua è in pericolo [Also the life under the sea are in danger]
dove è pieno di pesci e altre creature [where is full of fishes and other creatures]
che nuotano tra i vasti oceani e tra le barriere coralline [where they swim in the large oceans and the coral reefs]
che rischiano ogni giorno di sparire [risk every day to disappear]

Now from the ocean the "camera" goes to Alinghi in a single house, showing the garden insects
Anche guardando fuori dalla finestra di casa tua [Also seeing out from your home's windows]
puoi trovare la bellezza della nautra [you can find the beauty of the nation]
dalle formiche che portano cibo nel fomricaio [from the ant who carry food in the anthill]
alle api che raccogliono il dolce miele. [and the bees catch the sweet honey]

The kids finised their song, and greet smiling
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Britonisea
Language(s):
English
Lyrics: Laila Phiona
Music: Laila Phiona and BVC

TBA
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:54 pm

Laila Phiona is the third Briton who is representing Britonisea at the World Hit Festival, and she is hoping to become the first Briton to win the contest. Laila was picked through a national final called, "Vha Mehlodhivestoile Euvenoures 2017" which saw ten acts, children, battle to become the next World Hit act. Laila was up against stiff competition as it was expected for Reighelle Scott and Newskout to do as well as her come the final. However, in the end, this wasn't the case. Laila Phiona scored a great 55 points, which was many points in the lead, and therefore gave her a very comfortable lead. Laila Phiona said, "I am so happy to represent my country, Britonisea! I am looking forward to going to... Mercedini... And experiencing their culture and their people!"

BVC, who stated they weren't going to come back to the World Hit Festival's Junior competition after the third edition, said that they are happy they put on a little show to pick the next person to represent the country, and due to the large amount of people who watch the World Hit Festival, it seemed like the right thing to do. It has been reconfirmed that BVC will broadcast the competition on BVC 2, which receives, on average, 10-15% of the market share, placing it in the top five for most watched television shows.

The song "What Does Heartbroken Feel Like" is Laila trying to explain to us that she doesn't understand the term, and what it means to have your heart broken. She explains in the song that she understands that she is young, and won't feel what these heartbroken adults are feeling, but what she doesn't understand is why, why do people get heartbroken? She shows that she is intelligent and bright, but also inquisitive.

On the stage, she isn't wearing anything too fancy, but just a long black and white dress that is long-flowing. The dress is like a mini version of Mello Cinde's WV57 dress, but the colours aren't distorted, they stand dignified and edgy. She was nervous. Laila saw all of these people, but all she could do is close her eyes and imagine she was in her bedroom, imagine she was singing to her parents, whom she adored or even her siblings. She did close her eyes, she took a breath and then she heard the rumble of the audience and the lights focusing on her. It was her moment to begin, and with that fact, she opened her eyes slowly as the piano came in almost immediately.

I know I'm young, but something has been nagging me all day,
And I am not sure why, but I am hoping that you'd shed some light on this.
Why is it that when I watch the TV - those girls cry when their boys get up and leave,
They're left heartbroken, they look like their lost, but I don't understand.

From a single beaming light point at her, as she started to sing more, other lights started to beam beside her. Under each of the lights was a girl and they were all in a very emotional state, one crying, one in disbelief etc - but they all stood in a tableaux. The camera slowly moved outwards everytime a beam came on to the next person. At the end of all of them turning on, it was five of them on the stage - with Laila Phiona being the girl in the middle.

The song changed a bit as we went in to the pre-chorus, and the girls who were in a tableaux helped the audience notice this by moving themselves to mirror Laila. As she sang "heartbroken", she would put her hand on her heart, and like a cannon, the others would do it too.

And I have never had my heart broken, I am not sure how it feels.
Could you tell me that it's something I won't ever feel.
As being heartbroken looks painful, looks like the end to life.
I know it's something that won't kill you, yet your happiness does die...

I'm so scared if that is what will happen to me,
I know I should not yet worry.
I am inquisitive.
I would to like know,
What heartbroken feels like.

During the chorus, it was a time when she was starting to realise. A steadicam came from the corner of the stage and slowly crept closer to Laila, but she wasn't looking at the camera at all, and rather the audience where she was standing. Everyone in the arena was silent as she finished singing the chorus to this mystical song - but it took another turn. The stage turned from just black with a white spotlights to hints of purple.

I'd need to stay strong,
Oh, I'm not ready - to have my heart broken.
Oh, I need to know....!

The steadicam then circled around Laila Phiona, exposing the magnitude of the amount of people within the host arena of the 4th World Hit Festival in Zoloroni. People had their phones out, waving their LED torches at Laila Phiona which created a somewhat inter-galactic image plastered on the screens of those who are watching the contest from the comfort of their living rooms. This spurred Laila on as well, seeing such a beautiful sight.

But as this final bit came up, she closed her eyes and belted out the last bit of the bridge, which made some people in the audience cheer for her. The steadicam guy slowly waddled off the stage as another shot compensated for that - it was of a woman and man crying, with their hands holding each others - her mother and father.

The chorus then came in, and with one mighty bang! Indoor fireworks had shot in to the air, while "the gold waterfall" flowed from behind the girl. The purple on the screens soon faded to gold and the viewer could see this if they were watching on TV due to the camera zooming right outwards.

As being heartbroken looks painful, looks like the end to life.
I know it's something that won't kill you, yet your happiness does die...

I'm so scared if that is what will happen to me,
I know I should not yet worry.
I am inquisitive.
I would to like know,
What heartbroken feels like.

Everything slowly turned off and a single camera focused on her, standing in the spotlight amongst the dark large hall. She sang the final line before smiling shyly;

What does it feel like?

Everyone gave her a cheer, especially her mother and father who cried out her name, "Thank you so much, Thank you!" she ran off the stage, happy and thrilled with her performance
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Vartugia
Language(s):
Wery Broken English
Lyrics: Löv, Bot, Bot, Bot and Bot
Music: ===//=== (Minus Bot)

TBA
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:10 pm

Löv walks into the stage slowly
YAAASSS

Löv begins to sing. However, a bug causes the tune to get distoretwt
Me having english of goodnees
Me having english goodie
Me having english goodie

He rubs his wePhone
Its time to make song.
I`ll kidnap your cow
Give all your phones!
Im on a forum now
All day long, all day long

Nothing happens
Me having english goodie
Me having english goodie

Dabs deeb as a sign of his last place-ness.
Me having english goodie
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Todlichebujoku
Language(s):
Not Provided
Lyrics: Not Provided
Music: Not Provided

TBA
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:21 pm

VVMxD once again stole the invitation from SterGo100, and has sent Thorsten Yokinen's "fun little number" to the JWHF stage. They are of excite about this song.

Thorsten is sitting on the floor, no extraneous colors or animations
i'm scared to tell my mom i left
i ran away just to have fun
can't do it over

I'm dancing till there's no time left
I haven't even seen the sun
don't tell my mother

he stands up, looking pained but then he smiles
the guards they made me cry and asked my why I had no fun
they made me so scared
but then i found a unicorn who led me down a secret door

the stage explodes in light as an array of jugglers and clowns invade the stage and start dancing in unison
we are the greatest of them all
we're dancing with the jugglers in the mall
we are tanzensten of them all
Oo-ooh... o-ohh...
yea we're dancing with the sad clowns at the mall
Oo-ooh... o-ohhh...
let's dance with sad clowns at the mall!
Oo-ooh... o-ohh...
And we're dancing with the jugglers in the halls
Oo-ooh... o-ohh...

the clowns and jugglers leave and the lights tone down, as a group of boys who look somehow manufactured march out and array themselves on either side of Thorsten
lets sing and dance with rubber skins
just grab a stick and march on down
down to the toy store

they make marching moves and patterns
it turns my thoughts and makes them real
The best thing that i've ever found
besides my father

he left when scary men in broken masks broke in and burned the trees outside
i never saw more

Thorsten's face falls, not literally, before being happy again. the lights explode out into glory and a tornado of mist envelops Thorsten
so i ran down to a rabbit hole and found myself a secret door, to be together

don't be silly, its got chilly, being lost is happy and fun

A unicorn gallops up onto the stage and Thorsten pets him
and here he is, the unicorn who led me down a secret door, and we're together

The clowns and jugglers return, executing a very complex coordinated dance with the group of boys as Thorsten steps forward. Everyone is wet and shiny
we're dancing with the jugglers in the mall
we are tanzensten of them all
we are the danciest of them all

Oo-ooh... o-ohh...
yea we're dancing with the sad clowns at the mall
i am happy, super happy, make me fall in love with you
Oo-ooh... o-ohhh...
let's dance with sad clowns at the mall!
walls are closing, clowns are closer, let's have a fun time tonight
Oo-ooh... o-ohh...
And we're dancing with the jugglers in the halls
Oo-ooh... o-ohh...
We are the dancers!

He is happy and the stage lights darken to nothing

"THANK YUO ZOLORONI!!!" he shouts before running off the stage with his entourage, slipping and falling a bit but eventually making it off the stage
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Gloria: Thank you to Thorsten from last edition's hosts Todlichebujoku, a truly magnificent performance.

Samuel: There we have it ladies and gentlemen, sixteen nations, sixteen songs and sixteen performers all vying for that Junior World Hit Festival. Now it's up to you to decide!

Gloria: Exactly, just follow the instructions on screen given by your national broadcaster and finish the phone number with the number of the nation you want to vote for. For example, if you wanted to vote for Kalosia you would add 03, or if you wanted to vote for Vartugia, we wont judge you, just add 15.

Samuel: You can vote up to twenty times from the same device, however you cannot vote for your own nation and always ask the bill payer's permission.

Gloria: I think they get the picture, Sam are you ready?

Samuel: I am, Gloria

Gloria: Zoloroni, are you ready?

the crowd cheer and waves their flags almost in unison as the capture captures the action with a wide shot
WORLD START VOTING NOW!!!

To vote, send a TG to Cosneolta with your top 5 nations. It'll look like the format down below

5 points: favourite
4 points
3 points
2 points
1 point: 5th favourite

Optional, but highly recommended is a picture of your national spokesperson and any supplemental RP (e.g. what they'll see to the hosts etc.) The spokesperson will be the one to announce the 5 points with the preferred format being similar to the ESC2016 Jury votes (where the spokesperson says their piece to the hosts, then Sam & Gloria will ask for the five points which will then be announced).

The current voting deadline is: December 26, 8:00PM GMT

Thanks!
Last edited by Mercedini on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:40 am

Samuel: There we have it, ladies and gentlemen, their fate is now in your hands. You can vote from the sixteen nations on screen minus your own, of course, with your nations vote being tabulated into points with the winner being the nation who receives the most points after all sixteen nations have voted.

Gloria: That's right, for now though, you can sit back and relax as we introduce our next set of performers for you to enjoy. Last editions Junior World Hit Festival was held in the Todlichebujokan city of Fauligekaikobu, try to say that twice as fast. In the end, the contest was won by Darkmania but one girl stole the hearts of millions, all while claiming a podium finish on her nation's debut in the contest.

Samuel: She is back on home turf to perform for you all tonight. Ladies and gentlemen, performing her song '#ComeTogether', it's Mercedini future superstar, Meia Dobrani!

Interval Act I - Meia Dobrani - #ComeTogether
Lyrics: M. Dobrani
Music: M. Dobrani, F. Gabrinelli
Tune: ALVA - Arrows

The song starts with Meia standing in the centre of a darkened stage wearing and flowing white dress and white flats. She is accompanied by two young female backing singers (one standing either side of her). The LED screen behind her shows the image of a starry night, the lights around the stage flicker in time with the music.

Sto splende lumina
Sentirsi vivina
Quando ci uniamo
Accendiamo la notta

Prend'mia mano
questa sera, saremo uno
unire il mundo
Cogliere l'occasione

I'm shining bright
Feeling (so) alive
When we join
We light (up the) night

take (my) hand
tonight, we'll be one
unite the world
(let's) take the chance

Meia takes a step forward in time with the music as she sings the lines to her song. The camera at the back of the small arena circles around the back, encompassing the stage, the audience and the rest of the city. Meia offers her hand to the camera before the song bursts into life for the beginning of the chorus.

c'è speranza per noi
per in mondo unito
il dolore fine
per tutti noi

there's hope for us
for a united world
(let's) end pain
for all of us

The stage illuminates in all white as the chorus kicks in, a wind machine is turned on which blows the hair and the dress of the Mercedinian. The camera does a series of sweeping shots to show the whole performance, with the backing singers winging their arms in-sync with the music. Meia offers her hand to the camera once again to finish the end of the chorus.

We should come together 'gether 'gether
Open your heart, open your heart
If we come together 'gether 'gether
We'll light the spark, we'll light the spark

And all this pain, we can reset it
'cause if we join, we won't regret it
We'll light the spark. we'll light the spark

The LED screen and floor return back to the image of a starry night and Meia returns to singing the first verse of the song. The white lights around the stadium flicker in time with the music once again, for the second half of the verse, Meia turns her back on the audience to face the camera behind her, she smiles into it while the audience waves their flags in the background. The Mercedinian crowd wave their flags and clap along to the beat of the song since Meia has become well known after her 3rd place in last eidtion. She turns back to face the audience to sing the next chorus.

Lo stande finale
Per salvarci
Guardami negli occhi
È il modo più semplice per cambiare

Mi fa male il cuore
Per in cambiamento
Guardo verso cielo
Signore, mi danno speranza

the final stand
to save us
look in my eyes
its the easiest way to change

my heart aches
for a change
I look (to the) sky
lord, give me hope

The stage illuminates in white once again and silver stars twinkle in the background, the wind machine is turned on again and blows Meia's hair and dress, she moves to the edge of the stage to sing into the audience, she smiles as she catches a glimpse of the Mercedinian crowd. She puts her hand over her heart and sings with passion as she finishes the second chorus.

We'll light the spark. we'll light the spark

Meia kneels down and the wind effects form a mini-whirlwind which she is in the centre of. Meia doesn't sing this part, however the backing singers combine to sing this part for effect. The camera moves to the back of the stadium which sweeps along the back, taking in the whole performance. The stage then bursts into life for the chorus.

Non importa come
Non importa quantro ci arriviamo

no matter how
no matter how we get there

Meia then stands back up for the final chorus of the song, the LED screen then turns into a diamond aesthetic which rays of light flashing off the screen and illuminating the stage. Meia opens up her body language and spreads her arms wide to finish the song strongly. The backing singers take their microphones off their stand and walk to toward Meia in the centre of the stage. All three of them smile into the camera as Meia sings the final lines of the song.

The three performers all take a rehearsed bow before they all hug each other in delight "Grazije!" Meia then waves to the crowd who give a cheer to their singer. She waves to the rest of the crowd and walks off-stage as the camera cuts to a shot of the two hosts.
Last edited by Mercedini on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:05 am

Samuel: Thank you Meia. We might be hearing a lot from our little superstar very soon, so watch this space!

Gloria: Exactly... Mercedini first debuted on the World Hit Festival in the 26th edition when Charlie Donliffe combined with Syren and Rhythm DMZ to perform '2' in Monterra, Kalosia to earn a respectable 5th place debut for Mercedini. Since then, ten songs have been sent to the World Hit Festival in each of the last ten editions. With both myself and Sam performing in the contest at one stage or another.

Samuel: Several near misses later, one man stepped forward to accept the challenge of World Hit Festival representative, and the rest is history. He took home Mercedini's first ever contest title to capture the imagination of the nation and beyond to put our musical scene on the map he has returned home to perform his winning song for you tonight.

Gloria: Ladies and gentlemen, it's an honour to present you 'Don't Tempt Me' by Daniel Alishkaerni

Interval Act II - Daniel Alishkaerni - Don't Tempt Me
Lyrics: D. Alishkaerni
Music: D. Alishkaerni
Tune: Zayde Wolf - Born Ready

The song begins with the stage mainly black but with an orange hue on the stage, nothing on the stage is yet visible, although the orange hue does give us a small clue as to the things on the stage, it's just that the audience and viewers don't know that yet. The camera begins from an elevated central position in the arena with white beams of light being scattered away from the stage and across the rest of the stadium. As the introduction gets more intense, the beams of light focus and turn to face a figure at the centre-rear of the stage. The figure reveals itself as Alishkaerni who lifts the microphone up to his face to sing the opening verse of the song.

Flames are splashed onto the LED screen behind him as he walks from the rear of the stage to the front, they then fade into the darkness and return for the third line, matching the beat of the song to give the song more impact. There are three male backing singers at the edge of the stage which are briefly shown during cuts after every two lines of the opening verse.

Even when the earth trembles
I'll stand strong and cast my spell
It’s just the way I’m assembled
There’s power in every cell

White lights flash to the drum beat of the pre-chorus, as the central camera has now switched to a zoomed in, close-up of the male vocalist. He shapes his hand into the shape of a gun and points it towards his temple before pulling the imaginary trigger and pointing towards the audience for the second line. He steadies himself as the camera fades to black for the start on the first chorus.

Pull the trigger, I won’t blink
My other foes, they’re extinct

Flames on the LED screen fly up behind Alishkaerni as he begins to sing the chorus, bathing the stage and the front portion of the audience in bright orange and red, adding to the intensity of the beats in the chorus. He stretches his arms out and opens his body language up to the audience while staring into the camera while he sings the title lyrics of the song. For the second half of the chorus, he interacts with the LED screen behind him, giving the audience the impression that flames are being emitted from his hands when he lifts them up or he is wafting the flames around himself as he swings his fingers in front of his body. As the chorus comes to an end, he buckles his body, spins and takes a knee which mirrors the music which is distorting in a downward pitch movement. The lights fade from white to a deep orange before the camera fades to black and cuts to the second verse.

I’ll wake up, vacate your lies
We’ll see through your veiled disguise
You were warned, don’t tempt me

Flames will rise, ignite the ground
I will swim, leave you to drown

After ending the first chorus on one knee, Daniel rises up from his position, which is captured by the central camera that is now encapsulating the portion of the stage he is standing on. As he rises up from his kneeling position, a ball of flame burst from the centre of the screen and morphs itself into a set of wings which he stands in front of and flaps from time to time to add a bit of realness to the piece. He walks to left of the stage and the wings follow him, it's almost as if it was choreographed before hand. The wings are diffused and turn into smoke and fade into the darkness as Daniel walk to the front of the stage as the second verse ends.

Don’t ever play with my fire
We both know what that’s gonna do (yeah, yeah)
I’ll be the one who shines brighter
Outshine the black hole in you

The stage returns to darkness with the central camera zoomed in so much that Daniel's face and the dark background are the only things the audience can see at home. The crowd sees the lights in the arena flash white to the drum beats of the song before all moving to focus on the song's main performer, the light that is focused on Daniel is mostly absorbed but the small percentage that is reflected gives him a glowing appearance, it's just the only the crowd can see it, but it does raise a small cheer from the Mercedinian fans.

Pull the trigger, I won’t blink
My other foes, they’re extinct

The flames return to the stage once again but this time actual flame jets fly from the front of the stage as Daniel takes a knee and pounds the ground in time with the music which matches up with the LED cracks in the stage, the final punch at the end of the first half of the chorus cracks the black LED floor which shatters into many pieces leaving a black shard which Daniel is kneeling on with the rest of the floor being a pool of lava which is flowing to wards the audience's side of the stage. He gets up from his kneeled position and walks backward towards the LED screen with the shards forming a path as he walks to make close to the LED screen as the chorus comes to a close

The camera then moves from the left hand side of the stage and sweeps downward, flying above the heads of the audience until it sweeps by the front of the stage. Flame jets flicker from the stage and turn on and off without any order, this is mirrored by the strobe light which are flashing so much it would give a normal person an epileptic fit. They all flicker to the tune of the violin in an intense sequence of events on stage. The sequence ends with an inception style horn which blares as the beams of light turn red while the rest of the stage goes dark.

Just shine you light brighter, brighter
Just shine your light
(Ahh, just shine your light brighter)
Just shine your light

The camera moves up on the blackened stage and moves towards Daniel who is illuminated by a single while spotlight above his head. He is in the centre of the stage of one knee and staring down at the ground, meaning only his back and the top of his head can be seen, although the audience can gather from his silhouette where the rest of his body parts are. Red beams of light surround his body but are only seen around him and in no way do they reflect or show up anywhere on his body. He looks up and into the camera while holding his pose before standing up tall and letting out one long powerful note, leading us into the next chorus.

Just shine your light

The stage explodes back into life for the final chorus in the song. Orange and red flames appear on the LED screens on the floor once again with white beams of light working their way around the arena. Daniel has a determined look on his face as he points his finger into the camera before the shot changes to an elevated central camera moving forward yet still encompassing the entire design of the stage including the audience in front of it. He walks to the very front of the stage and makes it at the end of the chorus with the crowd waving their flags and enjoying the performance.

The flame jets and strobe lights return along with more effects on stage to add to the intensity of the song. A smoke machine is turned on along with a wing machine which blows the smoke around causing a vortex of light and smoke and chaos which Daniel is happily standing in the middle of while he sings the lyrics to his song. The camera performs a series of sweeping shots yet again across the arena. The final flames wash away the lights and colours and reveal the black background, all of the lights, smoke machines and wind machines are turned off as they are no longer needed after this point.

(You were warned) Just shine you light brighter, brighter
(Oh just don't tempt me) Just shine your light
(Oh just don't) Just shine you light brighter, brighter
(You were warned, don't tempt me) Just shine your light

Daniel goes on one knee once again and is lit by the spotlight above his head as well as the camera light which is up on stage and giving the audience a close up as home. He looks up ahead of him and then back into the camera singing the words with purpose and intent while the male backing singers give their final accompaniments with their vocals.

As Daniel sings the last couple of words to his song, the camera which was originally filming him moves off stage to make way for the view of the central camera. He stands up tall with a rather masculine pose which ends his performance, flames burst and the wings of a phoenix form behind him which earns a cheer from the audience as it symbolises the end of the performance.

The crowd goes wild with the Mercedinian portion of the crowd waving their flags and bouncing up and down like a bunch of drugged-up mental patients since it was the song which sent Mercedini on their way. Daniel blows a kiss and waves to the crowd before thanking them in Mercedinian and then directing a message to the participating nations in English. "Grazij Zoloroni, best of luck everyone!", the camera then cuts to another shot of the hosts now standing on the diamond island.
Last edited by Mercedini on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:46 pm

WORLD, STOP VOTING NOW!

Samuel: Thank you Daniel, another spectacular performance. I'm here in the green room located at the back of the MRC.CUBE where all the delegations can have fun while watching the contest from the best seats in the house. I'll be here to capture the reactions and developments here as the points come in and the winner is announced. I know Gloria is waiting patiently on stage to being the results. So I shall hand over to her to crown one of these sixteen acts as Junior World Hit Festival.

Gloria: Thank you Sam. Sixteen nations have graced this stage tonight, sixteen nations have voted and now we will tour the multiverse to find our champion. Tonight we will begin with Phase I, where all points from 1 to 4 have been combined in to one bloc vote which will be handed out from smallest to largest. More of Phase II later on, but I believe we are ready to begin the results.

The crowd cheer as an empty leader board appears on the big screen in the middle of the arena. The lights dim so the audience in the arena and at home focus on Gloria and her big screen.

Gloria: Best of luck to everyone in the green room. Here we go...
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Gloria: We will begin with the nation who placed 16th in Phase I. After combining all of your points from 1 to 4 the nation in that position with 0 points is...

VARTUGIA

The crowd give a sympathetic round of applause while a sarcastic cheer comes from the Vartugian contingency of the crowd, as their song title was proved right for the time being. Lov seemed happy though, as he downs his 15th can of Cola.
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Gloria: Now, in 15th place, taking 1 point through to the second phase is...

KALOSIA

Gasps of surprise rang out around the arena as one of the main contest's strongest performers was announced so early on. Maria waved into the camera as other members of her delegation applauded and congratulated her, even if she seemed disappointed with the result.
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:30 pm

Gloria: Wow! Moving on, going into Phase II in 14th place with a combined total of 6 points is the performers from...

CLEACA

The large jump in points gave much of the audience reason to applaud. The two girls from Cleaca seemed chuffed with their achievement and thanked the camera in return. The audience admiring their performance and giving them a big round of applause for their efforts.
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Gloria: Congrats Cleaca! Now we move onto the nation who placed 13th in Phase I voting. With a combined 7 points, it's...

TODLICHEBUJOKU

Another strong performer in the senior competition has been called early, causing the crowd to once again be surprised by the unfolding results. The delegations yet to be announced are becoming more optimistic as they beat yet another nation. Thorsten congratulated himself as he applauded along with the rest of the crowd in the arena.
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Gloria: It's all getting very intriguing so far. We move onto the nation in 12th place, going into Phase II with 7 points also is...

KALMARLUND

A result which some people were expecting sooner or later, Kalmarlund finish Phase I in twelfth as the audience congratulated the duo following their respectable result so far. The Kalmarlund delegation seemed happy as they applauded their smiling performers
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Gloria: We're getting closer to the top ten, and the nation who is just missing out on a top ten position with the same total of 7 is...

ESTOGIUM

A big cheer reverberates around the MRC.CUBE as Estogium receives their placing going into Phase II. William and The Band are calmly lounging on the sofas with their sunglasses on, coolly sipping their cherry cola as the crowd around them go crazy
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Gloria: Unlucky Estogium, we're now into the top ten so congratulations to all of the performers. In 10th place, with a combined total of 8 points is...

BALKVLA ISLANDS

The first group of points from the hosts flash up on the screen, as Balkvla earn a solid tenth place. The MRC.CUBE gives the Sunrise Daughters a respectful round of applause as the camera shows the beaming smiles of the Balkvlan performers.
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Gloria: Well done Balkvla, now onto 9th place with a satisfying 9 points is...

IZMEDU

The camera applauds in a surprised but respectable manner as the usual table topper gets their position. The camera captures Jelena crying and waving into the camera, but whether she is happy or sad remains a mystery, she will just do it anyway.
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Gloria: The number of nations waiting for points is getting smaller and smaller. Onto 8th place, with 9 points is...

DARKMANIA

The defending champions are applauded as they receive their mid-table Phase I rank, Erplers celebrate their total as they toast their drinks and blow a kiss into the camera.
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Gloria: Some interesting results coming out of Phase I. Alright, we move onto 7th place, breaking into double figures it's...

BRITONISEA

The biggest cheer so far goes to Britonisea as they collect their points, all looking fairly strong with 3s and 4s. Laila waves to the crowd who applaud her for her achievement. The remaining delegations and contingencies are all getting more excited as the pool of waiting nations gets smaller and smaller
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Mercedini
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:30 pm

Gloria: Congratulation Laila, a nation very close to my heart. Anyway, we're down to the final six with the next nation to be announced, with 12 points is...

AMOURALAND

A terrific result for the debutant as they bow out in sixth place. The home crowd love an underdog as Gemma receives a big round of applause from the crowd. Gemma waves her flag at the camera with the rest of her delegation looking very pleased as they applaud their performer.
WorldVision

World Hit Festival
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates