NATION

PASSWORD

FCC to repeal Net Neutrality Bill

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kramania
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Naval Monte wrote:
Kramania wrote:I dare say many of the people attacking Ajit Pai are just racist.

Some are but others are attacking him because of his blatant disregard towards the American people and for being an obvious shill to Verizon.

This racism against a person of color must be stopped.
Watching my sanity slip away in my dreams

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Galloism wrote:
Dominatus wrote:
To be quite honest, I wouldn't mind if we had a dictator so long as the dictatorship was a benevolent one. Far better than what we have today.

I have previous experience as a benevolent dictator.

I ruled Rome for almost four years early in the first century AD.

At least they didn't charge more for commoners' seat at the Colosseum.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

New Flag Courtesy of The Realist Polities

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Luna Amore wrote:

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:NN in that case could be used as a way buy time to figure out how to break the death grip Comcast and friends have on the market.

Doesn't fix the problem but prevents those assholes from tearing the consumers to peaces.

Which is nonsense. They had effective monopolies during NN. They have them now. They can still manipulate consumers. They still have lobbyists. If you are locked in a room with a guy and an assortment of weapons, it's not much consolation for someone to take away the gun and say "Well, at least he can't shoot you now."

You keep blaming NN for not doing something it was never meant to do.

Yes, the monopolies suck and we should break it up.

But, you are getting rid of a safety that consumers had to protect them from zed monopolies.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:05 pm

So trawling through the anti-NN comments has revealed some more obvious fakes.

To wit:

ID1051157755251

Proceeding 17-108

Name of Filer Barack Obama

Type of Filing COMMENT

Filing Status DISSEMINATED

Viewing Status Unrestricted

Date Received May 11, 2017
Date Posted May 13, 2017
Address 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
City Washington
State DC
ZIP 20500
Brief Comment The unprecedented regulatory power the Obama Administration imposed on the internet is smothering innovation, damaging the American economy and obstructing job creation. I urge the Federal Communications Commission to end the bureaucratic regulatory overreach of the internet known as Title II and restore the bipartisan light-touch regulatory consensus that enabled the internet to flourish for more than 20 years. The plan currently under consideration at the FCC to repeal Obama's Title II power grab is a positive step forward and will help to promote a truly free and open internet for everyone.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:12 pm

United Imperial Systems wrote:
-Ocelot- wrote:
Net Neutrality prevents both the government and the ISPs from meddling with the internet because it dictates that all content must be treated equally.

Without neutrality ISPs may create slow and fast lanes but the government can also step in and block things they disagree with. One of the reasons most people support net neutrality is to prevent anyone from disrupting free speech platforms.

this
And to people who say "Oh then choose a different ISP!", well, I will tell you a secret...
NOT ALL PEOPLE HAVE A CHOICE, it's either, you have this one ISP, or nothing.

The problem is is that people who support repealing NN think that NN is the reason there are less ISP's to choose from.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Vassenor wrote:So trawling through the anti-NN comments has revealed some more obvious fakes.

To wit:

ID1051157755251

Proceeding 17-108

Name of Filer Barack Obama

Type of Filing COMMENT

Filing Status DISSEMINATED

Viewing Status Unrestricted

Date Received May 11, 2017
Date Posted May 13, 2017
Address 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
City Washington
State DC
ZIP 20500
Brief Comment The unprecedented regulatory power the Obama Administration imposed on the internet is smothering innovation, damaging the American economy and obstructing job creation. I urge the Federal Communications Commission to end the bureaucratic regulatory overreach of the internet known as Title II and restore the bipartisan light-touch regulatory consensus that enabled the internet to flourish for more than 20 years. The plan currently under consideration at the FCC to repeal Obama's Title II power grab is a positive step forward and will help to promote a truly free and open internet for everyone.

It's obviously fake because if Obama really did write that Ajit Pai and the Republicans would be biologically compelled to defend and double down on net neutrality because they don't want Obama to succeed at anything.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be proof of a pan-Islamic plot and Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand, crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of mentally ill lone wolves who do not represent their professed belief system at all.
The probability of someone secretly participating in homosexual acts is directly proportional to the frequency and loudness of their publicly professed disapproval and/or disgust for homosexuality.
If Donald Trump accuses an individual of malfeasance without evidence, it is almost a certainty either he or someone associated with him has in fact committed that very same malfeasance to a greater degree.

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:

It's obviously fake because if Obama really did write that Ajit Pai and the Republicans would be biologically compelled to defend and double down on net neutrality because they don't want Obama to succeed at anything.

He didn't succeed at much so don't worry.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Kramania wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:It's obviously fake because if Obama really did write that Ajit Pai and the Republicans would be biologically compelled to defend and double down on net neutrality because they don't want Obama to succeed at anything.

He didn't succeed at much so don't worry.

He did more for the lower classes then Trump and the repubs will do.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:29 pm

Kramania wrote:I dare say many of the people attacking Ajit Pai are just racist.

Example?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm

>:(
The Black Forrest wrote:
Kramania wrote:He didn't succeed at much so don't worry.

He did more for the lower classes then Trump and the repubs will do.

Yes, we have more people on food stamps than ever before. *slow clap*

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Example?

You don't need examples when accusing people of racism, silly. Has being a liberal taught you nothing?

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:04 am

Kramania wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Example?

You don't need examples when accusing people of racism, silly. Has being a liberal taught you nothing?

Whether or not we're being racist to Ajit Pai because of his ethnicity doesn't quite matter when he's repealing the thing that didn't force people to side on this provider or that provider.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:16 am

Kramania wrote:You don't need examples when accusing people of racism, silly. Has being a liberal taught you nothing?

Whether or not we're being racist to Ajit Pai because of his ethnicity doesn't quite matter when he's repealing the thing that didn't force people to side on this provider or that provider.

For integrity's sake, it does matter.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:22 am

Luna Amore wrote:

For integrity's sake, it does matter.

Is it?

Is it because we try to keep our humanity, to keep our morality, or because integrity's sake?
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:40 am

Kramania wrote:You don't need examples when accusing people of racism, silly. Has being a liberal taught you nothing?

I'm almost certain his race is not relevant to his career history and the decisions he's made via his status as the GOP representation on the FCC. Unless you're going to claim that he believes in deregulation because he's Indian-American.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:54 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:

I'm almost certain his race is not relevant to his career history and the decisions he's made via his status as the GOP representation on the FCC. Unless you're going to claim that he believes in deregulation because he's Indian-American.

I'm not talking about questioning his race in this decision that he made and his career history. I'm answering to Kramania's post.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:36 am

Luke Skywalker destroying the death star Zodiac killer Ted Cruz.

But srsly, I don't get the "all defenders of NN are working/shilling for Net Filx + google" argument.

My arguments have never once talked about Google or *Netflix before. They have been about why leaving your money alone at the mercy of Time Warner Cable with only there "super special promise pinkie swear" that they won't take all of your money, citing things like "self regulation" when we have seen time and time again that Time Warner Cable words are meaningless is a silly idea.

*Ok yes netflix but only in passing showing that they where wiling to throttle speeds in an effort to get people to use there own service.
Last edited by The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp on Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:08 am

Kramania wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Example?

You don't need examples when trying to prove unfounded statements, silly. Has being a conservative taught you nothing?
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Verrora
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Verrora » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:20 am

What happened to that Congressional Review Act thingy ?

Petrasylvania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Petrasylvania » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:31 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:

It's amusingly ironic that the race card is being played by someone on the side that likes to accuse and sneer at leftists for supposedly loving to play the race card.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:54 am

Petrasylvania wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:

It's amusingly ironic that the race card is being played by someone on the side that likes to accuse and sneer at leftists for supposedly loving to play the race card.

Identity politics are another case of IOKIYAR. We've been through this.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:12 pm

Petrasylvania wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:

You can always speak to me directly.

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:12 pm

New Grestin wrote:

You don't need examples when trying to prove unfounded statements, silly. Has being a conservative taught you nothing?

It's racist because you are attacking a person of color in a high position. Apparently that's evidence enough. So stop being racist.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Kramania wrote:
Petrasylvania wrote:It's amusingly ironic that the race card is being played by someone on the side that likes to accuse and sneer at leftists for supposedly loving to play the race card.

You can always speak to me directly.

Ok. I'll directly point out to you that taking potshots at liberals over a bipartisan issue is petty and goes against the point of maintaining a united front against a wildly corrupt group of government officials who have both no conception of what they're voting on, nor any conception of working for the American people.

Take the smugness to the Trump thread. This isn't about party politics.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:26 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Kramania wrote:You can always speak to me directly.

Ok. I'll directly point out to you that taking potshots at liberals over a bipartisan issue is petty and goes against the point of maintaining a united front against a wildly corrupt group of government officials who have both no conception of what they're voting on, nor any conception of working for the American people.

Take the smugness to the Trump thread. This isn't about party politics.

Just because you want to pretend it's a bipartisan issue doesn't actually make one. I do so tire of leftists pretending that things they support should be bipartisan issues that everyone should agree with them on. They aren't, and everyone won't. So I think I'll retain my smugness.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General