NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread X: Pol's closed

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you could alter or overturn one of these treaties, which would it be?

1 - Treaty of Paris (1783)
5%
2 - Pact of Umar
2%
3 - Treaty of Versailles
65%
4 - The Peace of Westphalia
4%
5 - The Congress of Vienna (1814)
6%
6 - Treaty of Berlin (1868)
2%
7 - Treaty of Trianon
3%
8 - Treaty of San Francisco
2%
9 - Japan–Korea Treaty (1905)
7%
10 - Other (Please give your take in the comment section, only so many options can be added)
5%

Total votes : 564

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:12 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:
I extend that definition to good friends in addition to blood. Not "friends" but honest men upon whom I could rely like family. They may as well count as well in addition to the normal definition.

I don't think that really works. Family is at the root a coming together of sexual mates, with outgrowth stemming from that union; but just as important is a dwelling-together. When dwelling together is absent, you can be kindred, but you are only a family in a removed sense; when a man leaves his father and mother and cleaves unto his wife, they become removed family.

I would disagree. While a coming together of sexual mates does underpin it, you are ignoring the other aspects of it and putting too much emphasis on nonsense definitions. What is an Uncle and Aunt who live in the same area? They do help watch and raise the kids, are they less family or more? How about grandparents? Or other families that you've married into which are also close to yours? What if you adopt a person into that eco system? Your small definition excludes many.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 am

Makedonijya wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:I knew, that is why I started a separate thread for traditionism, but it was locked and I was told people here represented my views.

Not all Right-Wingers share that view, duh.

The fascists and ultra-nationalists don't.

Pretty much no one on the right shares views with classical conservatives, since the right is now crypto materialist apart from fascists who are idealists.
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Makedonijya wrote:Classical Conservatism=/= Right Wing

Who knew?!

I knew, that is why I started a separate thread for traditionalism, but it was locked and I was told people here represented my views.

Rather you gave the place some class and they didn't want you leaving. You should have had it.

War Gears
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:14 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
War Gears wrote:
What false principle?

Nationalism.

But I thought nationalism was the thing that needed the false principle to fill the void.
Parasparopagraho Jīvānām.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:16 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:I don't think that really works. Family is at the root a coming together of sexual mates, with outgrowth stemming from that union; but just as important is a dwelling-together. When dwelling together is absent, you can be kindred, but you are only a family in a removed sense; when a man leaves his father and mother and cleaves unto his wife, they become removed family.

I would disagree. While a coming together of sexual mates does underpin it, you are ignoring the other aspects of it and putting too much emphasis on nonsense definitions. What is an Uncle and Aunt who live in the same area? They do help watch and raise the kids, are they less family or more? How about grandparents? Or other families that you've married into which are also close to yours? What if you adopt a person into that eco system? Your small definition excludes many.

Adoption entails dwelling together, and the adoption is presumably done by sexual mates. Otherwise it is family but somewhat deformed. The home is a major distinction between family and a small nomadic tribe.

A lot the rest of what you said would be extended family.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:17 am

War Gears wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Nationalism.

But I thought nationalism was the thing that needed the false principle to fill the void.

No, the far right is the thing that needed.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:18 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:

Adoption entails dwelling together, and the adoption is presumably done by sexual mates. Otherwise it is family but somewhat deformed. The home is a major distinction between family and a small nomadic tribe.

Home doesn't have to be a house, it can be a large place. Extended family and family as the nuclear is just a distinction for the academic and ultimately a waste of time.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:18 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:I knew, that is why I started a separate thread for traditionalism, but it was locked and I was told people here represented my views.

Rather you gave the place some class and they didn't want you leaving. You should have had it.

A classless society could hardly be right wing.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:19 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:I am talking about serious identification and involvement with one's community and you say this? What the hell are you even talking about?

I wonder sometimes if you've ever been a part of a small community.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:20 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:

Home doesn't have to be a house, it can be a large place. Extended family and family as the nuclear is just a distinction for the academic and ultimately a waste of time.

Genesis 2:24 seems to consider it important
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:20 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:

A classless society could hardly be right wing.

RWDT on suicide watch

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:21 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Principles that aren't timeless are false.

Conveniently, all that leaves you with is God, since God is outside of time according to fucked-up theodicy.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:21 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:I am talking about serious identification and involvement with one's community and you say this? What the hell are you even talking about?

I wonder sometimes if you've ever been a part of a small community.

I am part of one.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:23 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:

Genesis 2:24 seems to consider it important

You are talking of becoming one being together, hence what marriage does give in treating two as one.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:23 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:I am part of one.

Then you should be intimately familiar with the bullshit that goes on within them. Unless, of course, you willingly ignore such bullshit in order to keep a hagiographic view of "Small good, big bad!" that allows you to scorn the dreaded 'other' who doesn't agree with your narrow interpretation of society.

War Gears
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:23 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:"Principles that aren't mine are false"

Wonderful. I guess it's a good thing Christianity glorifies losing, because you're getting nowhere with that.

Principles that aren't timeless are false.

Religious nationalism is a thing.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:24 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Principles that aren't timeless are false.

Conveniently, all that leaves you with is God, since God is outside of time according to fucked-up theodicy.

Timeless here means the foundation of civilization itself and perpetuated ever since. God is of course the ultimate principle but you don't have believe in him grasp timeless principles in general.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:24 am

War Gears wrote:Religious nationalism is a thing.

Those aren't timeless because a nation needs a beginning and the only thing without a beginning is the Abrahamic God. On your knees, heathen.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:25 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Timeless here means the foundation of civilization itself and perpetuated ever since. God is of course the ultimate principle but you don't have believe in him grasp timeless principles in general.

Oh? Mind telling me what the foundation of civilization itself is? I'm sure my discipline will finally discover a consensus from your new insight into the subject.
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:25 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Genesis 2:24 seems to consider it important

You are talking of becoming one being together, hence what marriage does give in treating two as one.

I am emphasizing break with parents.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

War Gears
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby War Gears » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:30 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Conveniently, all that leaves you with is God, since God is outside of time according to fucked-up theodicy.

Timeless here means the foundation of civilization itself and perpetuated ever since. God is of course the ultimate principle but you don't have believe in him grasp timeless principles in general.

This is extremely vague, what are some examples of timeless principles?

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:30 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:

I am emphasizing break with parents.

I see, I misunderstood your previous point then.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:32 am

The Parkus Empire wrote:Timeless here means the foundation of civilization itself and perpetuated ever since. God is of course the ultimate principle but you don't have believe in him grasp timeless principles in general.

Oh? Mind telling me what the foundation of civilization itself is? I'm sure my discipline will discover a consensus from your new insight into the subject.

Honor, duty, sacrifice, majesty, valor, might, splendor, chastity, ceremony, grace, nobility, etc.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:32 am

This argument over what constitutes a family and what is traditionalism is pointless. The nuclear family, and the connection between related nuclear families via blood ties, and upon that the shared cultural/ideological/religious ties are what form the basis of a society and a civilization.
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:33 am

War Gears wrote:

This is extremely vague, what are some examples of timeless principles?

See my post right above this.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General