NATION

PASSWORD

60th WorldVision Song Contest - Hajenired, Norjihan [IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Norjihan
Secretary

Founded: Jul 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

60th WorldVision Song Contest - Hajenired, Norjihan [IC]

Postby Norjihan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:50 pm

OOC Thread | Original Bid

Everything was deadly silent in the Mahiraz Arena as the opening credits played, ushering in this edition's contest, to be held in the very heart of the city of Hajenired. However, there was no need to fear the beeping of car horns in traffic, people shouting amongst each other and the general noises that cities make; it helped that the stadium was utterly soundproofed, not that it mattered because everyone who could have made any noise was too busy being glued to their television screens watching the contest that had come to Norjihan during what was only their third participation. Inside the Mahiraz Arena, fans from around the Multiverse were choking on the thick air of anticipation (and perhaps a little sweat) as they waited for the stage to come alive with the opening act (and indeed all of the acts to follow). As the opening ident ended, the camera view changed to show the Mahiraz Arena itself...

Bold: Nerana
Italics: Backing Singers

The stadium was pitch black as the song began, except for one purple spotlight on the left hand pedestal on the stage, surrounded in a sea of smoke that wisped and curled around it. The pedestal itself had been, for the purposes of this, been made to look like the top of a mountain, a 'stone' cap placed on top of it on which a musician playing the Norjihani Farensa (basically a Duduk) wearing traditional clothing. As he played, he looked up and to the centre of the stage, where a second spotlight illuminate a man walking down the central walkway on the stage, from the front towards the back, carrying a torch. He lit an open hearth (think like the Olympic Flame) and illuminated Nerana, in a large red dress, as she began singing. She reached out to the camera that is rather zoomed out, but slowly began to move towards her. As she carrids on and the drum beat began, an array of purple lights from the 'sunburst' array above the stage shone onto the stage, and quite predictably there was a drummer who seemingly couldn't find the top half of his costume, not that any of the audience were complaining.

Grow my little flower
Find your destiny
You can if you believe
And become anything

Two sets of backing dancers, wearing costumes like this, appeared on either side of Nerana, coming out from the shadows behind her. The dancers closest to her held onto her dress as they sang, each looking a different way, standing perfectly still. Floral designs, like those shown on the example picture of the stage (in the post below), began to slowly creep up the background LED screens, with a mixture of purple and blue, and colour slowly began to fill the 'flower' behind Nerana and the dancers.

Just grow, just grow
Just grow, just grow
Just grow, just grow
(Just grow)
Just grow, just grow

Just grow, just grow
Just grow, just grow
Just grow, just grow

As the disco beat kicked in, the stadium exploded into a sea of colour, the floral LEDs fully coming into their own, the main stadium lights (a rich purple, interspersed with blue from the 'sunburst'), and the backing dancers ripping Nerana's long red dress off to reveal a short, gold dress with tassley end bits. She was lifted by the dancers over the fire, and landing back down onto the central catwalk which now showed the flags of all the competing nations, and broke into a dance routine which I'm sure you can imagine and I needn't really describe

Feel the light, my flower

As Nerana sang the first verse the camera's attention was shifted to the lower area to the left hand side of the central walkway, where the duduk player was now surrounded by a group on men doing a circle dance around him as he himself jumped around and played; however, as he plaeds, one by one they began to rip off their traditional clothing to reveal modern clothes underneath them, showing how Norjihan is welcoming and embracing the modern world, whilst still holding on to its past. The duduk player jumped off the pedestal (doing a backflip as he went), but held onto his duduk, joining the group in a more contemporary dance.

You know (You know)
You know you can achieve
Be who you want to be
Grow flower, grow flower

Be bold and sieze the day
Shine bright where there is grey
Grow flower, grow flower

The main camera feed now showed the right hand side of the stage, in which a tree had been placed on the pedestal, with flags of nations from Todlichebujoku to Polkopia haniging from it's branches, whilst a group of actors pretended to farm, ploughing a field (aided by the LED floor underneath them which showed the soil beneath their feet, with both their footprints and the furrows being shown). Even though they were 'working hard', they still did it in a jovial manner, almost breaking into dance at one point, before one of the farmers picked an apple from the tree and bit into it as Nerana sang 'want to be', the camera rapidly zooming in and then switching to show the central walkway once more.

Just grow, just grow (Just grow, just grow)
Just be yourself (Just be yourself)
And never stop (And never stop)
Yeaaaah

The future is yours
So stand up for your cause
Grow into who you want to be

The camera view began looking down at the walkway, showing the images of both Norjihan and the rest of the world that were rapidly appearing beneath it. It travelled along over the top and began facing up until it reached the centre of the 'flower', where Nerana stood with two of her backing dancers, who were all performing a routine together whilst the rest of her backing singers were stood around the fire, slowly moving around it.

Just grow, just grow, just grow, just grow

You can be anything
This is just the beginning
Of this great adventure
That we call living life

Nerana left the two backing dancers in the flower and walked out into the rest of the stage, strutting along as she did so, and was quickly joined by the dancers around the fire, whilst the cameras gave panoramic shots of both the stage and the audience who were cheering and dancing along.

Never give up the fight

The lights dimmed and the camera zoomed in on Nerana who sang directly into the camera, once again reaching out. She was stood at an angle so that the floral pattern on the LED screen behind her showed a loveheart (sickly, I know).

You know you can achieve
Be who you want to be
Grow flower, grow flower

Grow flower, grow flower

The cameras changed to show first the left hand side of the central walkway and then the right. The left hand side had been cleared of the rock and the dancers and instead showed a scene from Norjihani history, the crowning of Mahiraz I who had saved the Norjihani's at the Battle of the Rone. However, the king's cape showed all of the countries that were competing at the contest, and as the crown is placed on his head the LED floor beneath explodes into life, floral patternations spreading rapidly across the stage floor. The other actors, who had been standing in vogue like positions around the pedestal, came to life and began dancing around him as the camera begins to move across to show the right hand side. On the right hand side was the Prime Minister of Norjihan himself, Uram Utenid (he was greated to thunderous support in the stadium, having recently been elected and being the most popular leading in the nation's history), who unravelled a sign saying 'Adyn Usan WorldVisionym' (Welcome to WorldVision'), whilst around him ordinary citizens unravelled their own signs, saying 'Welcome to WorldVision' in the different languages of all of the nations competing.

Just grow, just grow (Just grow, just grow)
Just be yourself (Just be yourself)
And never stop (And never stop)
Yeaaaah

The future is yours
So stand up for your cause
Grow into who you want to be

The camera feed at home suddenly moved across, over the fire to show the drummers once again (I imagine to much applause around the multiverse), before it shifted to show Nerana as she sang, and then broke once more into a dance routine that you can quite easily imagine (try to think of a mixture between Qele Qele and Shady Lady. The cameras showed panoramic shots of the stage whilst one by one the stage was lit in the colours of each of the competing nations, and the LED floor showed the flag and name of said country.

Just grow...
Grow...

Just grow, just grow
Just be yourself
And never stop

Just grow, just grow
Just be yourself
And never stop

The crowd cheered loudly, waving flags around and generally making the sort of commotion you might expect, and Nerana and the members of the National Theatre of Norjihan waved, bowed and vacated the stage. As this happened, an instrumental version of the official theme (Grow, as performed above) played, and Geryn Unared, Norjihani TV personality and host of the night's contest, walked onto the stage in a dress somewhat similar to this. She arrives at a pedestal on the stage placed whilst the cameras were busy giving panoramic shots of the audience cheering and welcoming the contest. The main camer feed turned to her and settled as the background screen showed a montage of scenes from across all of the nations of the multiverse, a representation of the cultural festival about to take place. She began to speak...

Adyn Usan, Bienvenue and Welcome to the 60th WorldVision Song Contest!

(The crowd burst into cheers and flag waving, and Geryn jokingly gestured using her arms to quiet them down, and laughed before she begins speaking again)

Yes, I know it's exciting, but we have an actual show to give you as well, not just myself. Anyway, welcome to Hajenired, capital and cultural centre of the Most Serene Republic of Norjihan, your humble hosts for this years contest. X nations will compete tonight here, in the Mahiraz Arena, to win whatever it is we give them... I hear this year it is a trophy of some description.

Through the medium of song, tonight's competing nations will showcase their culture, and we will all develop a greater understanding of the world around us. It is in this vein that we ask you to grow with us; to learn, accept and grow as a person, seeing the multiverse in a new way. And yes, that's the cheesy bit done with.

(She threw the card away, and the crowd cheered a little, waiting for her to get the show started)

Now, I know why you're here, to listen to some songs and then give us all your money to vote for them. And so, I guess we should get the show started. But before then, how will you give us your money... I mean vote? Well, after all the acts have performed, if your country has a televote you will phone the number that will hopefully have appeared on your screen right about now, followed by the number of the position the country performed in. Don't try to vote for your own country, nothing good comes out of it; I've tried it.

Now that's out of the way, are you ready Multiverse?

(A large collective shout of Yes! filled the Arena, and most likely the entire Multiverse)

Then let the 60th WorldVision Song Contest begin!!!

(The crowd cheered ridiculously loudly once more as the instrumental version of Grow began playing, accompanied by a small round of fireworks and pyro, before the first postcard began. The contest had begun...)
Last edited by Norjihan on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Norjihan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Norjihan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Official Playlist

1. Merecendi
I sang a song with the guts and the booze and girls be beautiful with you, we screamed a scream with glory like I had a chance to say good morning to all of you too, I kissed a girl and hated it so I ate a hat and strung it up into a wall, ooh mama me my mumu died so I mummified muh male mummy Monday we woo, miracle mix has got me fat so much that I can't be with you without delight, and then I smacked a fish right round just the way you like be attacked with frowns - Oh Mummy Me
Perfomance | Postcard

2. Vartugia
Basically Nothing More Than a Filler of a Dead Meme, Because I Just Want to Waste Time - Filler-Man
Perfomance | Postcard

3. Polkopia
Afraid - Rayelle
Perfomance | Postcard

4. Adab
Let It Out - Kinan al-Salaman
Perfomance | Postcard

5. Ayamya
Name Song - Anna Brown
Perfomance | Postcard

6. Kalosia
I Know - Yasmin
Perfomance | Postcard

7. Norjihan
Light My Fire - Marija
Perfomance | Postcard

8. Mister X
Hearts and Minds - Felicity Jones
Perfomance | Postcard

9. Alinghi FDR
A Second Chance - Dagstan Kerboot Michael
Perfomance | Postcard

10. Tödlichebujoku
This Bitch Is A Liar - Annamaria Magdalena and the Fuckettes
Perfomance | Postcard

11. Togonistan
Playing With Fire - Malinda
Perfomance | Postcard

12. Mercedini
Groncha - Helena Malakhina
Perfomance | Postcard

13. Aloquirbe
Glass Box - Leo Bourgeois
Perfomance | Postcard

14. Balkvla Islands
Oditea - Kuma
Perfomance | Postcard

15. Kingsley Bedford
Fools - Sovereign
Perfomance | Postcard

16. Electrum
Untangle - Alice Howards
Perfomance | Postcard

17. Izmedu
Am I Alone? - Arijana Kovac & Mirjam Volic
Perfomance | Postcard

18. Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Bananas - Gertrude Pullman
Perfomance | Postcard

19. Ethane
Turning Away - Brendan Maynor
Perfomance | Postcard

20. Saviera
Super-Extra Drama King - Little Marie from the Prairie
Perfomance | Postcard

21. Missus X
My Lovely Whore - Rick Leg
Perfomance | Postcard

Last edited by Norjihan on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Merecendi-
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Merecendi- » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:46 am

_01. MERECENDI_

I sang a song with the guts and the booze and girls be beautiful with you
We screamed a scream with glory like I had a chance to say good morning to all of you too
I kissed a girl and hated it so I ate a hat and strung it up into a wall
Ooh mama me my mumu died so I mummified muh male mummy Monday we woo
Miracle mix has got me fat so much that I can't be with you without delight
And then I smacked a fish right round just the way you like be attacked with frowns

Oh Mummy Me

Oh Mummy Me appears on stage. No one has ever seen her before. She just appears. And begins singing. She also spins a ring made out of carrot on her finger. A bunch of indistinct shapes materialize behind her and provide backing vocals
We screamed a scream with glory like I had a chance to say good morning to all of you too
And then I smacked a fish right round just the way you like be attacked with frowns

All clocks go back 26.6 seconds and a pair of brooms dance around the stage

All clocks go back 26.6 seconds and the brooms disappear, replaced by fish

All clocks go back 26.6 seconds and the fish disappear, replaced by digital life forms

All clocks go back 26.6 seconds, replaced by Audi R18 e-tron quattros

All clocks go back 26.6 seconds and the prototype racecars disappear, replaced by dancing spaghetti that then collapse into piles of noodly slush

"YAY THANK YOU HAJJI KNEE READ COME GIVE ME CATERPILLAR KISSES ANYTIME" she shouts before leaving the stage and the arena
Last edited by Merecendi- on Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

Vartugia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vartugia » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:05 pm

02.Vartugia

FILLER-MAN- "Basically Nothing More Than a Filler of a Dead Meme, Because I Just Want to Waste Time"

Fillerman runs to the stage high as fuck. He basically stands in one place as he just wants to waste time. He also doesn't give a fuck about how the RP is, he is just trying to finish his godanm timewaster entry.

So i entered a song contest
And it forces to make a song with lyric
So here is my stupid song

*Dab*

I take a 10-hour long song and add dumb text
Just to write this fucking entry in a forum.
I got f****d by Rick Leg in my ass.
Suck my thumb

*Dab*

So i say *Screams in Vartugian*
*Scream in torture*
I`m like. What the fuck is this?

*Scream in torture*

And he tries
This is shit. Its just torture
Congratz. Blame Yourself for this
Englished broked

*Dab*

This is loong!
This is long. I just wanted to
Make this into the listen-alongs
(YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS)
To get the longest tune!

*Dab*

*Scream in torture*

*Dab*

*Scream in torture*
*The screaming is basily Darkmania when he sings in English*

Listen this on repeat
it's not short
and give me rule 34 pictures of yourself.

*Dab*

*Glass shader in the disctance*
*Scream in torture*
*Is this french?*
I`m like
Suck my thumb
FUCK!

As Filler-Man rushes out, the tune suddenly begins to play again. The audience is like "WTF, Normandy and Picardy Norjihan!"

After the tune has played again, without Filler-man, its replays again.

It does it again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

Send nudes!

Its stops after 10 hours so Polkopia can sing their song, now shut up and listen!
Last edited by Vartugia on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Puppet of Darkmania

You are reading this signature, didn't you? If so, then have a nice day, and may whatever you believe in bless you.

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:40 pm

03. Polkopia
Rayelle | Afraid

Tune: Lia Marie Johnson - DNA
Language: English

Anna Ivanovna Rayellevna, or better known by her stage name, Rayelle, is an up and coming Polkopian artist who won the Landa vy Polkopiya with her song, Afraid. Before the contest, she posted several covers on her personal vlog, and even expressed a desire to represent Polkopia at Worldvision. Upon entering her song to the National Final, she received mixed reviews, with some calling her song boring and monotonous, while others note that the song is filled with emotion, and that has been a while since Polkopia has ever entered a slower ballad into Worldvision. Once she won the contest, however, a majority of the Polkopian Worldvision fans were behind her and had high hopes for their entrant into Worldvision.

The stage was completely black. Remnants of cheering could be heard from when the Polkopian postcard was shown earlier, but it began to die down as the song started. Once it did, a spotlight was shown on the man playing the piano, so that he was entirely visible to the audience at home and at the venue. He was bald, in his 50's, but as the camera showed multiple angles of him, it became apparent that this man was blind, yet was playing the piano regardless of his disability. He showed little emotion and remained focused on his playing. Once Rayelle began to sing, she was illuminated with the same color spotlight, and a small cheer was heard from the Polkopian members of the audience. She wore a maroon and black dress in this style, and long, black and golden earrings. The camera panned in closer to her from straight ahead as she sang into the microhpone stand, looking deep into the camera.

Isolated
and decorated
With my tears of hurt.

The camera now panned overhead, and the LED floor was showing what looked like a lightning storm, but the lightning strikes were rather faint and few, so that the display wasn't too distracting from the song itself.

One more breath and
I'm still missing
Thoughts of me and you.

The camera now showed Rayelle from a side angle, but she hardly seemed to notice. She looked straight out into the audience. Behind her, the piano player was still in view, though out of focus. Halfway through the next verse, she closes her eyes, looks down for a moment, yet continues to sing, The piano player then comes into focus, while Rayelle becomes out of focus, yet her silhouette is still visible, and it can be seen that she picked her head back up and sang in the same posture as before.

Hate to think of life with me
on my own.
Hate to understand what it's like to be
all alone.

The camera faded into black, and showed a far away view, with Rayelle in the center. The stage lit up in a golden hue around the perimeter, while dark gray clouds were slightly visible in the back LED screen, though they blended in with the black background behind them.

I don't know, no I don't know myself.
I'm calling out, I'm calling out for help.
Words can pass right through your ear
But you go and disappear.

Yeah, you go and disappear.

During the last line of the chorus, the camera zoomed in on Rayelle's face, but she closed them and looked away right before the camera switched to another view. As the instrumental played again, a view of the audience was shown by the camera. Some were waving their flags, while others were staring intently at Rayelle's performance. Once Rayelle sang again, the piano player was shown, and the camera circled around him slowly. Halfway through the verse, the camera switched back to showing different angles of Rayelle.

Every day, I wonder why I
drove you to leave me.
Every night you cloud all my thoughts
I'm still loving you.

The camera was still focused on Rayelle, but more of the background was visible in the camera angles. The clouds in the background turned into a stormy night sky, and lightning could be seen flashing in the distance.

Hate to think of life with me
on my own.
Hate to understand what it's like to be
all alone.

The lightning was actually audible now, and rumbles of thunder were heard very slightly throughout the arena. A wind machine activated and blew Rayelle's hair back while she held on to the microphone and sang.

The wind continued to blow her hair back, and she firmly gripped the microphone and sang.

Bits and pieces of you
are left in me.
I'm holding on
to this sad story.

You choke me up.
The tears won't stop.
Because when I look up.
I'm seeing you.

The camera screen faded black, and then opened back with a shot of the piano player, still playing as if though he has no notice of what's going on around him. Once she started to sing again, the camera showed Rayelle. Remnants of tears running down her face were obvious, yet she sang with a more energetic tone than before. Her eyes seemed to light up, and her posture was more straight than before.

The camera faded out, and then back to Rayelle. She took a step back, wiped her face, and waved to the cheering crowd, smiling through her tears, before running to the piano player and helping him get up from his seat and exiting the stage.
Last edited by Polkopia on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:10 am

4. Adab
"Let It Out"
Writer: Kinan al-Salaman
Performer: Kinan al-Salaman

Al-Salaman posing recently for The Adab Times

Tune: KC and the Sunshine Band - Give It Up
Language: English

Background
Shortly after WorldVision Song Contest 59, Kinan al-Salaman was involved in an accident that nearly claimed his life. The singer was in a taxi in Adab City, intending to visit a newlywed couple whom he had known from his teenage days, when, as he later learned on television, the taxi was struck on its side by a bus driven by a drunk in the middle of a busy intersection, the bus having also crushed a man and his bike in the process. The taxi was sent rolling into a nearby ditch. The taxi driver was killed, while al-Salaman spent almost an entire week in a coma and suffered multiple bone fractures. There were fears that al-Salaman might not be able to survive. Even after he regained consciousness, it took him a few more days to regain his power of speech; doctors predicted that he might never walk again. Despite the forbidding odds, al-Salaman insisted on undergoing grueling physical therapy, which went a long way towards restoring his motor skills. Eventually he regained the ability to walk, though slowly and rather clumsily at first.

The brush with mortality led al-Salaman to reevaluate his life. Though before the accident he was overall satisfied with how things were going in his life, al-Salaman had a change of mind and decided that there were still many things left to be done. The singer had always donated quietly, but the accident and his survival prompted him to begin setting an example for others, in the hope that they would be motivated to contribute to the betterment of themselves and those around them. Al-Salaman gave sizable grants to a number of hospitals, medical research centers, and retirement homes across the country, and also established the Kinan al-Salaman Scholarship for "Adabian civic-minded students who demonstrate the moral judgement and capability to lead our country towards the future."

At this moment, however, the main concern among the people of the country was whether al-Salaman was able and willing to represent them yet again on the WorldVision stage. Initially, al-Salaman refused to answer questions relating to the contest in which he had proudly represented his country on seventeen consecutive occasions, and indeed any question about his music career, prompting rumors that he would retire from music and focus on his charitable endeavors. Emperor Tizqar III and the country's top music executives had reportedly begun to evaluate potential replacement acts when al-Salaman began signaling that he was willing to return to WorldVision. After weeks of doubts and speculations regarding his true intentions, al-Salaman officially announced that he was returning to the WorldVision stage via a terse statement on The Adab Times, which ended with the words: "I'm back." The Adabian music world largely celebrated his decision; even those who were not exactly receptive to his comeback acquiesced.

Al-Salaman had amassed a massive record collection at his mansion, the Alwalid, which included a stock of disco and post-disco records. The singer had been going through his collection when he found a post-disco album that he had never actually listened to and gave it a spin. The album's contents apparently inspired al-Salaman enough for him to decide that his next WorldVision song would be based off them. "I don't do it for the ratings, or the rankings, or whatever," he stated to The Adab Times between recording sessions at his home studio. "I do it to please myself, my people, and all the folks who are listening."

The performance
The stadium was almost dark, with only solitary white lights shining down on the stages and random spots within the audience. The LCD screens were sitting idly before the audience, showing blank, and the stages were void of human presence. Members of the audience were whispering among themselves in anticipation; this performance would be Kinan al-Salaman's first in the public since his accident, and they were wondering just how much the accident had changed him. Would he still be able to put on an interesting and provocative show, as he had seemingly done so effortlessly on the WorldVision stage for the previous seventeen editions? Could he still sing? Just what kind of music would al-Salaman be performing this time? The man, after all, was not known for keeping the same style or sticking with the formula over a long period of time.

A bunch of technicians entered the stage rather unceremoniously, dragging with them the equipment typical for a musical performance and setting up most of them on or near the back of the main stage. Most of them the audience had grown accustomed to, such as the keyboard, drums, and microphones. A few caught the audience by surprise, or at least spurred them into even more discussion on how the performance would turn to be, like that time one of the technicians brought a saxophone to the stage and, apparently intending to check if the instrument worked, played an awfully off-tune rendition of an Adabian traditional song, much to the consternation of those present in the stadium, before disappearing backstage along with his friends.

Another group of men walked in, dressed immaculately in dark silver suits and trousers, and judging by the instruments they were carrying it became immediately clear to the audience that there was going to be a horn section. Closely following them were some females and two men, clothed rather more freely in Hawaiian shirts and oversized jeans (prompting some in the audience to laugh), who proceeded to take their place behind the multitude of microphones that had been set up right at or near the back of the main stage. Amid the laughs and whispers, the applause had spread across the audience and notably risen in volume. The lights, uniformly white, began to transform into a spectacle of bright colors - red, blue, green, yellow - as the stage floor flip-flopped between blue and red. The LCD screens came alive draped in the Adabian flag and Adab's national anthem appeared to echo across the stadium for a minute there. Chants were rising in the audience, especially among the Adabians present, calling for al-Salaman.

A few more men entered the stage, and several in the audience promptly recognized them as al-Salaman's backing band from the previous WorldVision edition. Curiously, they were all wearing the toga, in the manner of the Ancient Romans, and carrying a small yet ornate seat with a man on it, wearing a yellow shirt, nicely decorated in the form of dragons and other assorted shapes and colors and jeans. It was, of course, Kinan al-Salaman. Behind them marched several bald men and women, wearing nothing above the waist (except for a bra for the ladies); they were to act as the backup dancers. The seat was carried to the middle of the main stage, whereupon it was gently brought down. Al-Salaman rose, like a sovereign greeting his subjects, as some technicians rushed to the stage to take the seat away. The "king" proceeded to receive the allegiance of his band and the dancers, with them scrambling to kiss al-Salaman's hands. The band members took up their respective positions as the dancers spread across the main stage. The "king" walked, slowly and gingerly, to the front of the main stage, where a microphone had been set up just for him. The audience erupted in loud cheers and applauses. Behind him, the Adabian flag spread across the LCD screens dissolved into black. Below him the stage floor changed colors yet again.

"Thank you, thank you for keeping your faith in me, in all of us," said al-Salaman, taking in the audience's appreciation for him. "As we all know by now, it has been a hard time for me, and there is nothing I can say except that I am glad to be back home, on the WorldVision stage. I am glad to be back in the music business. Most of all, however, I am just happy to be alive. I resolve to thank the Almighty for my continued survival, to count my blessings, and to take joy in all that I have. With that in mind, let's get ready to PARTYYYYYYYY!"

Al-Salaman then took the microphone off the stand. As the keyboardist sounded the first notes of the song and the band began to work, the Man from Adab swayed his hips and shook his head, to the shrieks and cheers of those in the stadium. All the lights started to change colors at a higher speed, the intention being that the place would look like a dance floor. The LCD screens exploded in an abundance of information, with ever-changing clusters of words and pictures mixed together, occasionally interspersed with simple phrases against a background of pitch black, urging the audience to, among others, "CELEBRATE LIFE", "LOOK BACK AND FORWARD IN JOY", and "TELL THEM 'I LOVE YOU'", while also warning them that "TIME IS RUNNING OUT" and "THERE IS MUCH EVIL IN THIS WORLD". Purple smoke rose up to the ceiling amid the sound of the sax, and al-Salaman danced on.

Everyone tries to use you
Manipulate, throw back and forth
I'm here to lend you a helping hand

Al-Salaman danced and spun around at the center of the main stage, then appeared to fall to the floor. The dancers formed a circle around him, with a few of them going into the circle to raise the singer. Al-Salaman, still lying, was carried on the backs of those few lucky dancers, mic on one hand with the other hand reaching for the skies, as the rest of the dancers maintained the circle as some sort of a protective measure. It was in this formation that they marched around the main stage. The backing singers joined al-Salaman as they entered the chorus.

Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah
Come on, let it out
Let it out
Come on, let it out

The singer and his dancers returned to the center of the main stage, where the circle dissolved and al-Salaman was left on his own. The male and female dancers each formed a flank from the back to the center of the stage, as the lights above moved back and forth across them. The male and female dancers competed to see who of them had the best tai chi moves. Two female dancers tried to approach the drummer, who was absolutely unperturbed by their presence. A male dancer rushed to "defend" the drummer and shooed the women away. Al-Salaman made his way across the catwalk - which turned a glorious, shining blue - to one of the smaller stages, where he shook hands with his fans. Behind them the LCD screens switched momentarily to a video of humanitarian workers delivering food and supplies to victims of famine, with the words "LOVE ONE ANOTHER" imposed over it in black.

Everyone gets in your mind
All the world sees what you've done
I'm here to lend you a good, warm smile

For a moment, al-Salaman jumped off the stage to the pit, and was greeted by a multitude of fans trying to hug him. Al-Salaman reciprocated a few of their hugs, then went back onstage and walked across the other catwalk to the other smaller stage, going around and around it as the excited audience scrambled to get a hold of him.

Come on, let it out
Let it out
Come on, let it out

The purple smoke that had been rising for a while was now accompanied by red. At the back of the main stage, near the LCD screens, the audience saw flames shooting off to the sky, itching to reach the ceiling but ultimately unable to. The dancers now split in a few groups, some forming a circle around the guitarist, some around the bassist, and some around the keyboardist while still showing off their moves. A few just randomly fell on and rose up the stage floor. Two ran to the smaller stage where al-Salaman was at this time and knelt behind him; al-Salaman made a show of not noticing them as he faced the audience to receive their adulation.

Come on, let it out
Let it out
Come on, let it out

Al-Salaman again descended to the pit, where, to the audience's wild cheers, he pulled a young lady and her grandmother along with him to one of the smaller stages. The two dancers who had knelt behind him were promptly sent away to the main stage, as al-Salaman spent the time salsa dancing with the two women. The young woman was graceful and lively, but the audience was won over by her grandmother, who, although slower and initially a bit reluctant to show off her moves, proved herself no less impressive than her granddaughter. Al-Salaman led the women to the main stage, where an old man from the audience had joined the dancers and was intent on showing that he was their match.

Everyone's out to find you
They all want something from you
I'm here to say that, yes, I'm your friend

Come on, let it out
Let it out
Come on, let it out

Al-Salaman had gone over to greet the dancing old man. The singer was visibly impressed by his dancing skills, especially considering his age, and thanked him for coming onstage. "Please, give an applause," urged the singer, "for these brave two women and this brave man who are dancing with us tonight!" The audience happily obliged.

Come on, let it out
Let it out
Come on, let it out

Let us enjoy
Let us enjoy
Enjoy it all

Al-Salaman, the young woman and her grandmother, and the old man gathered at the center of the main stage, whereupon they began to dance together in no particular style, taking in the good vibes of the occasion and the appreciation of the audience. "Come on, join us! Let's dance this night out!" shouted the singer, after which about twenty more lucky members of the audience swarmed the stages, with many more held back by security.

Come on and groove along with me
Let it out, let it out, come on (backing singers only)
Come on if only for this time
Come on and just you let it out
Everybody here just needs to let it out
Come on and just you let it out
Can I make you happy, make it all happen
Come on, let it, let it out
Can I make all of your dreams happen now
Come on, just let it out here right now
Don't you know you have someone to trust now?
Come on, make sure you get the best of it

As the outro played, Al-Salaman ran to the catwalk connecting the main stage with one of the smaller stages, ordering everyone else not to follow him. He spun around and then fell to his knees, whereupon he raised a hand to the ceiling. He turned around to the main stage, still on his knees, to sing the last line of the song: "Let it out!" He raised his other hand and the mic, and the music stopped. The audience clapped and cheered and screamed as al-Salaman stood, went over to the main stage, and shook the hands of as many people as possible there. He put the mic back on the stand - which remained unscathed throughout the entire performance - and, with one final wave to everyone in the stadium, disappeared backstage.
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Ayamya
Attaché

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayamya » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Anna Brown comes on stage in a pink dress and says Hello i am proud to be here tonight. I am glad i won the national contest in Ayamya and I am now here on the world stage in Norjihan i am going to sing the song i call Name song. then a group of female drummers come to drum on the drumps and Anna begins to sing Seeing people with old fashion names
And then someday you'd leave me for somebody new
The fact they are small
Because you're mine, I walk the line

A luxury car is bad
The pale and old leaders eyes look like blue
I read a list of names
I'm crazy, crazy for feeling so blue
the food is good
And then someday you'd leave me for somebody new
Look up names of someone else if you dare
Because I knew you'd love me as long as you wanted

A luxury car is bad
The pale and the old leader eyes look like blue
I read a list of names
I'm crazy, crazy for feeling so blue

the end

after the song she notices the people waving the Ayamyan flag as well as the feminist symbol all over the room and the people give her gifts of pink hand bags feminist bumper sticks and even a Bugatti Veyron painted pink and a pink Rolls Royce she says thank you and then the president of Ayamya gives her a cargo plane to bring the items back to her house
Country is based on my IRL politics

#NotAllFlubals. Put this in your sig if you know not all Flubals get into car accidents

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Kalosia
I Know — Yasmin
performed in English to the tune of Konyrau/Qon'yray' — Dana Kentai

Yasmin, real name Jasmin Ošman, is a Kalosian singer. She was announced to be the Kalosian entrant for the 60th WorldVision Song Contest in Norjihan, and later debuted the entry during the interval act of the 30th Festival dele Melodie Kalosiane.
The song, "I Know", became an instant hit, with many comparing it to Branka Larisa's "Not Me", which had won the 48th WorldVision for Polkopia. Will it achieve the same fate? While Kalosians and fans alike hope so, others would not be too optimistic, although ultimately it is up to the voters to decide.

Yasmin is wearing a classy red dress for the show, one that is elegant but still allows for flexibility and movement throughout the song. She stands at the front edge of the catwalk, in front of a microphone stand. Lights are dimmed, so only she is visible and it is otherwise dark. The song begins.

note: the original tune starts with phone ringing noises, however this song does not and they are to be ignored.

When you fall in love you feel overjoyed
That is when you know it is true
And you have so much energy
To say something of it

But when you drop your little hints
And there’s no response
I’m tired
This is what I want to tell him…

Lights start to kick in, and Yasmin snatches the mic of the stand, turns around, and follows the camera as she walks down the catwalk and sings this next part.
Every day, when I smile at you, you look the other way
Every day, I say hi to you, but it don’t hold no sway
You pretend that you’re shy, but I have truly known
I know you don’t wanna be alone

She is now on the main stage, among a group of male backing dancers all wearing this. They now form some sort of flash mob, all breaking into the exact same dance routine (kinda like this).
In this next part, the backing dancers continue dancing energetically, while Yasmin does a more simpler type of choreography. In the last line of the next part, she winks.
Watch me sing, watch me dance, I put on a show
Am I going too far? My bar is low
You ignore my plea but believe me, I know
I know

Yasmin and the dancers continue to do what they are doing, but in the last line of this next part Yasmin stands still as she eventually lets out that high-pitched note, which 'topples' the dancers as they all fall to the floor.
But when I am around, your eyes become lit
Can’t help notice when you’re expressing it
Maybe someday you’ll dare to tell me how you are feeling
But for now…

In this next part, Yasmin does gestures that fit the song while the backing dancers get up in a choreographed way.

Again the dancers do energetic choreography while Yasmin does simpler movements. In the last line the camera focuses on Yasmin.

Yasmin points (off camera) to the general direction of the right circular platform.
Saxophone!

A saxophone player is revealed to be on the right circular platform, and as he starts playing the sax solo, the backing dancers form a circle around Yasmin, moving clockwise (kinda like this). The cameras move dynamically around both the main stage and the platform, and the picture alternates every few seconds.
After the sax solo ends, Yasmin and the dancers return to the choreography of the previous chorus.

And then they return to the movements from after the first chorus. Occasionally the camera would show shots of the audience dancing along, and later of the saxophone player.
Yasmin and the dancers finally end their movements, and as Yasmin stands still while she sings the next part, the dancers walk towards behind her to pose for the final shot.
But I know
You don’t wanna be
Don’t wanna be alone

The song ends, the crowd cheers, and Yasmin shouts "Thank you Norjihan! We love you!". As they walk off stage, the cheers intensify, and the postcard for the host nation begins.
Last edited by Kalosia on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:50 am, edited 5 times in total.

Norjihan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

07 Norjihan

Postby Norjihan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:52 pm

|07|
Norjihan
|Marija - Light My Fire|
Tune: Sirusho - PreGomesh

Of course, finishing 12th last contest having been in the Top 5 in the one before was not the best result that Norjihan could've hoped for, but it was by no means the worst one either; 12th is still a respectable placing. Of course, the people of Norjihan were dissapointed, as indeed were Tarynadu (the Norjihani act last contest), but in NF the mood was not as bitter; they knew that it was never going to be easy, and had certainly expected the ups and downs of the contest - although funnily enough they hadn't expected Norjihan to finish 5th on their debut - and so weren't all that dissapointed. Of course, they would have loved to have won, but you can't have everything really. The nation overall just harumphed, drank readily (they'd have done this whether they'd won or come last so it's no surprise that happened), and the scenes of the office party at NF headquarters in Hajenired was really a reflection of all of Norjihan; booze readily flowing, minds readily clouding, and people readily singing, dancing and whatever it is they wished to do. The entire country woke up with one collective hangover quite unlike anything before - heaven forbid Norjihan win or the economy will utterly collapse!

Anyway, when everyone had finally recovered, the quest was soon on for the next song to represent the Most Serene Republic at the next WorldVision Song Contest. Help came from the most unlikely of sources - the offices of the Prime Minister of Norjihan, Uram Utenid, whose left wing KFN had recently taken power. Eager to encourage culture and as part of the new government's expansion of Education and the Arts, NF as the public broadcaster suddenly recieved a very large windfall indeed, with a particularly large amount going to a very happy WorldVision and WHF department. Gynud Junasö, Head of Delegation, rubbed his hands with glee, and some even say cackled maniacally, as doors here, there and everywhere were opened. However, just when he was relaxing he discovered there was one condition for the huge influx of money; Norjihan was to bid to host the 60th WorldVision Song Contest in Hajenired. Suddenly, his job got a lot harder.

Thankfully for Gynud, he could focus on, well, choosing the song that would compete, whether in Hajenired, Tushlark or Sastavak. Norjihan opened a public submission period, especially hoping for submissions from the several large record companies. The letter that opened proceedings made clear that the song should 'Represent the people and culture of this wonderful nation, whether in English or Norjihani' - Mr Junasö and NF were clearly trying something else given that modern synth music had failed them. The majority of the songs weren't actually that great in the public submission and the shortlist was especially short; it was one song long to be precise. That song was 'Light My Fire' by Marija Deþan, an incredibly popular pop artist, indeed the most successful in Norjihan with 6 studio albums, 4 of which reached number 1 within an hour of release. She is well known for her music which is very influenced by traditional Norjihani music mixed with modern pop. It is an amazing mix, and NF knew instantly that her song was the song for them.

When Hajenired won the rights to host the 60th WorldVision Song Contest, things reached a fever pitch in Norjihan, with NF focusing on the complex logisitics behind hosting such an event, the largest the city had ever hosted. However, Marija was not to be forgotten, far from it; she was to be the star of the show, the shining representation of modern Norjihan, and NF dared to dream she could even win on home soil. Of course, the pessimists were claiming hosting would actually make the song do worse, but NF planned to use the stage and the home contest to their advantage...

The song itself is a rather simple affair lyrically, with Marija asking her lover to light her fire and ' do what you do'. You get the idea. Or so it seems. Once you delve into the lyrics, it becomes more than a simple party song (although there is nothing wrong with simple party songs). Instead, we see a woman who needs security in her life, so she turns to men and sex for help, wanting to escape her hardship from the night. Of course, this is all just a theory posted by someone on the internet so take what you will from it (the same with the song, of course). It has already reached number one in Norjihan and the surrounding nations, and Marija hopes that this song will help expand her fanbase multiverse wide. She certainly didn't have to go far though, just a tram ride to the Mahiraz Arena in her home city for the performance of her life in front of millions of expectant WorldVision fans, along with the general audience.

The crowd cheered loudly as the postcard ended, and the audiences at home were shown the inside of the Mahiraz Arena was shown once more. The camera view is made to look like an old 1920s style film, with 'crackles' on the screen as what not. The camera began with a wide shot of the stage, slowly coming to light with flickering lights (obviously their colour can't be seen yet). The camera shot then suddenly switches to show the stage itself, and Marija walking down the central walkway, showing only her feet. Behind her, splashes of 'flame' appeared on the LED floor, and these 'broke through' the black and white camera shot. The image of a man on the right side of the stage was superimposed onto this, as he sings the opening lines of the songs. His head was bent downwards and he was dressed in a large black cloak, but he slowly began to raise his head as he sang. As he finished, he appeared to disappear in a flash of fire, which also completely wiped away the black and white.

Ooooooooooh
Light my fire
Light my fire, yeah
Light my fire, yeah
Light my fire, yeah

The camera view now suddenly changed again to show Marija's face (but only the right hand side of it), also showing the background behind her where firey floral patterns began to rise up the background screens (these are also lightly projected onto her face). She was wearing a dress somewhat like this, just without the headpiece. She looked up seductively into the camera, which zoomed out slightly, and seductively ran her hand up the right hand side of her body and up to her head, before extending it out towards the camera. She then slowly turned away, her face perfectly lit, in the shadow of the background screens, and the camera slowly turned around to show her face once more, her body twisted to the side. Behind her now appeared two male dancers in traditional dress, who certainly weren't a chore to look at (I'll leave you to imagine them).

I will wait forever for you
Just hold me and do what you do
I feel your magic flow through me
I feel alive, I feel so free

The two men behind her, who had been looking down to the floor with their legs shoulder-width apart, looked up to the cameraman on stage, one on either side of her. She turned around to them as the lights on the stage began to intensify, and below her a whirlpool of fire began to come into life. Two more men (these ones topless and well oiled), one on each of the pedestals in the lower sections of the stage, played on a set of drums, with brief camera shots of the two of them as the confusion built up. The floral patterns began to burst, and become more and more firey as everything built up to a mini-climax of sorts.

Light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah

The flowers in the background disintegrated and where replaced by flame and firey patterns (think Azerbaijan 2012's theme), and Marija began to walk down the central walkway with the two backing dancers behind her, strutting her stuff as she went. She stopped towards the front, and the two men dived on either side of her. Marija then proceeded to place one foot on top of the dancer on the right, as the first dancer stood up and did some sort of erotic 'rubbing' against her, if you get what I mean. Neither Marija or the dancer were complaining anyway.

As the storm clouds gather ahead
I know that you'll be my shelter
As the rain pours down on us
We stay aflame, nothing can put us out

A series of spotlights, of a reddish-orange hue, began flashing as the camera view moved upwards to show the stage from above. As the bridge began, a burst of flames spread across the stage rapidly, and Marija and the backing dancers (the two 'drummers' had joined the two backing dancers on the central walkway) began a dance routine which I really can't be bothered to described, but involved generic dance moves and Marija generally looking seductive, as you can imagine.

So set the flame
We can burn brighter than a million stars
And feel this love wherever we are

Burning deep inside of me
My passion taking over
My whole world changes, coloured by your love

The dancing continued... yadda yadda yadda. You get the idea, not all of us are gifted with the ability to describe the same thing happening again and again in different ways and whilst considering every hair on the 4th backing dancer's foot cough cough Izmedu cough cough. Needless to say, there was much choreography that went into this routine which I couldn't really do well, other than to say go watch the video for Qele Qele.

Light my fire with your touch
Just one kiss and I will explode
The rush I get when you are near me
Makes my heart burst, nothing can cool me

The two fully clothed BOOOO!!! backing dancers lifted Marija up and twirl her around like something that is light and twirled around, in increasingly precarious ways that must have required a million risk assessments or more, but for the audience were highly impressive. At this point, an edgy Norjihani who has read up on Izmeduan philosophy, and thus was normally perpetually crying, had taken a rare trip away from his crying corner to give a lecture on why Marija is being turned around constantly by the men; it is to symbolise the cyclical and ultimately futile nature of life. Or at least he would have, had he not a. been drowned out by the music and b. dragged off the stage before he could appear on the TV feed to begin his lecture, thus making his point even clearer for those in the Arena who didn't notice

Light my fire, just for one night
Just take a bite, you know this is right
You know you want to, this won't hurt
So come on boy, I'm here for you

The two drummers had by this point returned to their pedestals, and were once again playing their drums, the TV feed switching rapidly between them, whilst bits of pyro did their pyro-y thing and Marija and the backing dancers made their way, out of the camera shot, towards the central part of the 'flower' at the back of the stage.

Light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah

Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah

The audience at home were now being treated to the sight of Marija sitting on one of the backing dancers, whilst the other danced around her; this all appeared like some sort of weird yet highly pleasing courting ritual, and was actually a reference to the story of Gwedda and Mahadras in Norjihani Mythology and Gennism, a story supposed to teach that sex is ultimately a good thing and that you shouldn't be tight-lipped about the whole thing; the idea behind including this should be quite obvious.

I can feel the rhythm of the night
And I feel the sparks begin inside
And I know I have to let it all out
So grab my hand with all of your might

The TV feed now moved across the stage to show a man and a woman on the left pedestal on the lower stage, dancing a mixture of a traditional Norjihani wedding dance (connotations connotations connotations) and a Latin dance (of coure Mister X would know what would fit best here, so ask him).

The stage darkened and Marija could be seen in the centre of the stage, lit by a single deep red spotlight that shone directly on her, and a shallow bowl on a stand, which she reached around and climbed on top of.

Aaaaaah
Light my fire
Light my fire

In some top quality split second manoeuvering, the two shirtless dancers lifted Marija and a third one sneakily, and just out of view, set the bowl on fire. Marija pointed out towards one of the fully dressed dancers who had taken his turn on the drum, and he himself turned towards Marija and did that sort of finger hook thingy people do (I hope you get what I mean there, although I guess that could have a number of meanings, however horrific).

Light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah

Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah
Li-light my fire yeah

Marija was lifted by two of the backing dancers (the third one and a friend begin a routine on the central column which appeared on screen for two seconds, but the poor men were forced to keep on dancing out of the camerashot. Marija and the man met each other halfway and the man and the ither backing dancers began dancing around Marija, whilst she generally moved her body around in an appealing and firey manner.

As the first of the final lines was sung, Marija stretched her arms to either side and the camera angle was just so that a burst of flame in the background appeared to emanate from her. On the second line, the other backing dancers disappeared as the stage temporarily fell into darkness, and when the lights quickly came back on the man was lying on the floor. Marija looked ready to pounce, and she did; this was accompanied by a quick flash of pyro and the stage descended into darkness once more.

Light my fire, just for one
Light my fire, just for one

As the ambient lighting in the stadium returned to normal, the home crowd cheered massively for their home girl, by far and away the biggest applause of the night (as you might expect). A very exhausted Marija gave out a brief thank you that was muffled by the cheers, and she quickly lefy the stage as the preparations for the next act began.
Last edited by Norjihan on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:00 pm

08 MISTER X

Felicity Jones - "Hearts and Minds"
Tune: Sarah Brightman - "I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper"

The stage is filled with dry ice and the camera zooms in slowly on one black man wearing a suit in a solitary spotlight on the right of the stage.

(OK, testing, testing, 1-2, 1-2-1-2-1)
(This is coming to you from Hajenired in Norijhan)
(And we are live to introduce)
(The one and only...)
(Felicity... Jones!)

On the explosion of music (at 0:21) the man rips off his shirt and jacket to reveal his upper body. He stands, both arms outstretched, for about a second, and then the beat kicks in.

The lights all suddenly get turned on and some of them change colour on every beat, like a 1970s disco bar. Around the stage are similarly-dressed (or rather, undressed) black men and they all start dancing. Meanwhile, being lowered from the ceiling on a giant rocket ship prop is Felicity Jones, wearing spangly silver lycra and with her hair stylised into one big blonde afro, seemingly going on forever.

I won the battle of hearts and minds!

She gets off the rocket and walks towards the front of the stage. The men all slide into one solid vertical line behind her, almost as if they're queuing behind her.

Hey, now, we go and get out of my head,
Every day that I wake up in bed,
It's time to change me, I need it some more,
But I want to sleep: ignore alarm call.

The men all come to the front of the stage and line up side-by-side with Felicity.

Tell me, Mister X, do you feel what I'm saying,
Will you listen when I start the debating,
Nothing's ever changed in 300 years,
And now it's time to hold back the tears!

She is picked up by the men either side of her and passed to the far left of the line (almost like a conveyor belt) and then passed back to the far right, and then back to the middle.

I convinced you what to say!
A new dawn has broken, has it not?
And it is a brand new day!

Felicity points her hands in the shape of a gun at the men on her right and they all fall down in a domino effect, then she does the same to the left hand side - she does these two moves in time to the gunshots in the music.

Hey, baby, come down and take me to dinner,
Some people think that I am just a sinner,
Maybe that is true, but I tell you that,
There's nothing I don't feel that makes me want it so bad.

The men all stand up again and run off the stage.

I'm ambitious, I know, I know what I am,
But if you're going to make me, don't make me, man,
Love me, hate me, do what you will,
I know that my ambition is real.

The men all now descend on their own rocket ships.

The man who sang at the beginning opens his mouth again as everyone lands.

(Felicity's gone to the stars, can't you see that?)
(She's achieved everything she wants to now.)
Oh yeah!
(OK, what on earth are you doing?)
(Everyone in the audience should be applauding)
I love you!
(Everything's going fine and she's going to win!)
Love me!
(Everybody stand up!)

And now the men all walk forwards and everyone, including Felicity, now does a choreographed dance, arm movements, feet movements, hips, the works.

And then they all stop and do one sweeping movement upwards with their left arms.

Ahhh....

The men now all move away and become dotted around the stage, re-mounting their rocket ships.

The main duty's mine, coming back for more,
Now it's up to me, back to bed, for sure,
Love me, hate me, I know what I like,

An effect is then applied to her voice as she acts like a Dalek.

Baby, baby, exterminate!

The men's rocket ships now ascend upwards back to the top of the stage.

The singing man starts saying, off-stage, something inaudible.

A new dawn has broken, has it not?...

The lights go down; the music dies.

Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:01 am

09. Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic

Artist:Dagstan Kerboot Michael
Song: A Second Chance
tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3m3_7RoGZk

background: Born In Steffenbald in Hauptsflusse in canton Horgen, he was in a not very good childhooud, and at 14 years old, entered in a nazi gropu. Ant 19 he's conviceted to 25 year of prison for killing a black man for racial motives. IN prison he broke all connection with the nazi gruop, and at the end of detention, he became to write song. When he pratecipate at Alinghi SongFestival. Nobody thinks taht he would won the contest, but at the end he won with this song

The man enter in the stage, the song will not have a exuberant of special effect because the artist wanted that the specator will focalize on the song and not to the other things. On the screens and stage where are a only a black- white line patters (as a classic prisonier unifroms on films, ecc...) and he begin to sing. The singer will dress a white-black's prisonier uniform.

Behind hi where are a Drummer and Keyboard player, wha begin to play

Very bad things I done
For very stumpid motives
But everyone can change in better

I can't change the past
I killed one man
because
he's diffrent from me

I knowed that he suffer
At the time I didn't had plenty
I know that I can have a second chance
but, I know what you can't forgive me

I know what the past cannot be changed
and what I did, and I can't fix it. The dead
will not be alive again.

But the future are not yet written
every person can do better
and try
to redempt yourself.

Yeah, I know
that you can't forgive me
but believe me that I say now

I will be
a better person
whan I was in the past

And I'll not deny that I done
but in future
I will do better

better, better, better, better, better, better, better, better,
better, better, better, better, better, better, better, better,

I knowed that he suffer
At the time I didn't had plenty

After the song he say "Thanks Norjihan, the past is written and it haunts us, but not the our future... remind this!" And he left the stage
Last edited by Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
[color=color=#00BF00] Democracy, social equity, switzerland, Democratic Socialism, EU (had some problems, but this not mean that it's unfixable), UN, Federalism, same sex marriage and Schengen , Ferderal non-ethinc based Palestine or in alternative two-states solution, Civic Nationalism on eventual European Federation (or Euro-civic-nationalism), Interculturalism(is a bit different whan MultiCulturalism)[/color]
Dictatorship, Fascism, Communism, Racism, Putin's Russia, Meloni, religion (as organized structures), Trump, Erdogan , British Gov., Netanyahu, Orban, Etno-Nationalism, Clericalism.
The tax rate is the half of NS index, pop. is different

I'm gay - I have Asperger Syndrome
I support
UKRAINE Peace, not a second München 38

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:02 am

10. _TÖDLICHEBUJOKU_

THIS BITCH IS A LIAR
-
Annamaria Magdalena and the Fuckettes

They were the underdogs. TÖBUK's "wildcard" entry, a designation often euphemistic for some trashy song that the broadcaster added to appease the millions of shitposting teenagers on the crystallomatrix. Well in this case TÖBUK succeeded beyond its wildest dreams, with the wildcard "THIS BITCH IS A LIAR" by Annamaria Magdalena and the Fuckettes rising ahead of the favorite "Let Go" by Salamu and Sorya Ueno by a single point. Now, the broadcaster could have gone the way of certain other broadcasters and rearranged the vote system or had the undesired winner meet an unfortunate end, but TÖBUK is an honest, dignified broadcaster that is dedicated to giving the people what they want, and thus followed up on sending Annamaria Magdalena and the Fuckettes to the following WorldVision in Hajenired, Norjihan.
Annamaria Magdalena just did the song a whim while drunk and having ingested certain herbs, and asked her friends on the local song-and-dance group to join her. It's all on her though, and she was very excited to perform first in Sinun Valintasi, and now on WorldVision in Norjihan. The Fuckettes, true to their name, don't really care aside from supporting Annamaria. The song could go whooshing down the toilet for all they care, as long as they give Annamaria the backup she needs. And get paid. Actually their priorities are 90% getting paid and 10% supporting Annamaria. And of course, the real question: will they be performing sober?? Probably not.

The lights turn on, revealing Annamaria Magdalena on the center projecting platform, with the Fuckettes (appearing somewhat like this, or this) behind her on the elevated center stage. Annamaria gives no shits. She is dressed in a very slim red trailing dress, and high heels so high they'd be arrested on drug charges on sight
You're just a bitch and you're a liar...
Don't need an ear to see, louder than a mistaaaake
You're saying you're so right but you're a liar
You're such a catastrophe, can't even hide it away
Ohhhhh, you're such a fail clown
With your head in the ground
Ohhhhh, all your pants are shit brown
We can smell you around

All the lights turn on and illuminate Annamaria in the most dramatic and epic ways possible, lights sweeping from and around her. The camera arcs around her, as she wildly points to everyone, furiously
THIS BITCH IS A LIAR
THIS BITCH IS A LIAARRRRR
YOU'RE SUCH A BIG LIAAAR
THIS BITCH IS A LIARRR

The lights go back down, but with red drumbeat pulses all around. Annamaria rolls her eyes and seems just 100% done with this person, like seriously, what a totally annoying screwup, ugh. She visibly quotes "friend" with her fingers
Just like a friend but super lame
So dim, you gotta wonder why
It even has a brain..
Don't even try to learn its naaame
You're that failure "friend",
Like ohhh, head stuck in the ground, real life yet to be found
Ohhhhhh, butthole aimed at the clouds, shaking all of us down

She turns around and twerks contemptuously, sneering at the audience, before turning back around toward the audience and wildly pointing as the lights intensify.
The Fuckettes are now softly lit, their smooth curves swaying in the ambient glow. They seem almost to be giving fewer fucks than Annamaria, after all they didn't write the song, it wasn't their fault. They're just getting paid to do this, so why not be sassy little bitches? They snap their fingers sassily as they sway to the beat

THIS BITCH IS A LIARRR (liar, liar)
THIS BITCH IS A LIAAARRRRR
YOU'RE SUCH A BIG LIARRR
(liar, liar)
THIS BITCH IS A LIARRR

The lights really dim down this time, with just about one light on Annamaria in the dark arena, pure poison emanating from her visage and her words. Anger. Hatred. Completely fed up with this bitch.
Ooohhh...
This little bitch even tries to smile
But we can see right through into the lies
Watch it try to make things right
But everyone knows that you're a lying bitch, and just a total snitch
And you gonna die baby, die babyyyyyyyyy

Annamaria rises on the podium that has appeared at the end of the projecting platform, regardless of whether or not it actually existed in the stage prior. The lyrics "THIS BITCH IS A LIAR" scroll in absolutely massive font on the background screens, as the Fuckettes, sway, whirl, and snap their fingers in silhouette in front of them. An array of spotlights sweep out from behind Annamaria, and the camera circles her as she points and points and points
THIS BITCH IS A LIAAAAAARRRR (liar, liar)
THIS BITCH IS A LIAA-AAARRRRR
YOU'RE SUCH A BIG LIAAAAR
(liar, liar)
THIS BITCH IS A LIAAAAAARRRR

The lights go out and all on stage are lit only from below as they sway and snap
OHHH-OOHHHHH
OHHHH-OHHHHH
OHHOOHOHHHHHH
OOHHHHH-OHHHHH
OHOHHHHHHHOHHHHOHHH
OOOHHHHOOOOOOOOHOHOOOOHOHOH
OOHOOHHOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOHHHOH!

All lighting shuts off except from several spotlights illuminating Annamaria from behind and one from below. The camera closes in on her face, eerie in the half light as she stares unapologetically
You're just a bitch and you're a liarr...

"Alright, yup, thanks all, mhmm, you're welcome, all of the above!" Annamaria Magdalena and the Fuckettes whirl and bow as one, before leaving the stage.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 8 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:50 am

11. Togonistan
Malinda - ''Playing With Fire''
Lyrics: Malinda, Music: DJ Stryker
Tune

Backstory:

Malinda is a 24-year old EDM artist from Togonistan, who won the Togonistani national final for WorldVision 60 by receiving 45% of total votes. After her victory, she was rather shocked and could barely speak. Luckily, TNTV was able to get a comment from her later, stating that she was ''very happy with the result and will try to represent her nation as good as she can.''

Performance:

Stage is dark, but it lights up as soon as the music starts playing. Malinda is on the stage, wearing a rather revealing leather outfit with long leather boots. She slowly walks towards the crowd, while singing.

Last time, I saw the tears and the feelings flow from your eyes
Later you texted tellin' me that you were high
Don't you already get fed up of your own lies?

Malinda starts moving her body to the rhythm of the music.

I ain't givin' up I am goin' through
(I ain't givin' up I am goin' through)
I just feel the same you're feeling too
(I just feel the same you're feeling too)
I ain't givin' up I am goin' through,
I don't need to lie I will tell the truth
Gonna do it, do it here now,
Do what I want 'cause I'm wild and free

Malinda's backup dancers, dressed just like her, enter the stage and and start dancing along her. Malinda is dancing and singing at the same time. Lights start flashing.

Gonna do it, do it here now

Lights stop flashing and dancers start doing slower, more erotic dance moves. Two dancers go and move to the poles placed on the stage and start doing a pole dance.

Good time
I caught you up from a nightclub during prime time
Going all in no bullshit 'cause I'm here for a good time
Because doin' love never has been a big crime

Pole dancers turn their backs to the audience and start twerking.

I ain't givin' up I am goin' through
(I ain't givin' up I am goin' through)
I just feel the same you're feeling too
(I just feel the same you're feeling too)
I ain't givin' up I am goin' through,
I don't need to lie I will tell the truth

Lights start flashing again and dancers change their dancemoves according to the music.

Lights stop flashing and Malinda lays herself down on the stage floor. Camera shows her from the above, where Malinda is doing different poses while singing.

I am feeling like I played with fire
'Cause we both know we are just like fireflies

Malinda gets up on her knees and crawls towards the edge of the stage, while singing final part of her song.

'Cause we both know we are just like fireflies

Lights go off as soon as the music ends and the audience starts applauding, cheering, booing or doing whatever they did to show their support (or anger) towards Malinda. When the stage lights up again, Malinda and her dancegirls are already gone behind the stage.
Last edited by Togonistan on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:25 am

12 Image Mercedini #MRC

Helena Malakhina - Groncha
Tune: Dua Lipa - New Rules

Mercedini are back once again for the special 60th anniversary edition of the WorldVision Song Contest, this time held in Hejenired, Norjihan. After a rather disappointing 11th place last edition in Thatcher City, ENM began their hunt for an artist on a truly national scale, looking far and wide for the nation's next representative. The Mercedinian national broadcaster finally decided on Shebnatsiyan-native and ShebPop star Helena Malakhina, with the first song ever to represent Mercedini in Shebyazyk, the native language of the autonomous region which Malakhina belongs to.

The song will be entitled 'Groncha' which means 'Louder' in the singer's mother tongue of Shebyazyk, with the whole song being sung in the language aswell. Melakhina hails from the city of Shebchetsik with the whole region getting behind her because of the worldwide recognition it will give to the ethnic group and it's culture. While your average Mercedinian may not understand a word, the nation will be behind her after a series of near misses in recent editions. She will go into the contest not expecting much given the language barrier, but anything is possible at these sorts of contests

The song begins with the stage bathed in a matte white light which black lines petruding vertically from the back of the stage to the front. Five women are scattered across the stage wearing party dresses and fierce black make-up stadiung in various feminine and evocative poses. There is a mild amount of flashing coming from the lights around the stage, varying from a neon green and neon yellow to deep blues and purples. Helena is standing as far back as she can with her face not yet revealed by the stage lights. She walks forward as the camera onstage is in front of her and tracks her steps before moving away before she begins to sing. As she sings each part of the firs verse, the camera chooses an angle which has Helena in the front and some of the accompanying women in the back ground. The women mime along with the backing singer (the part in brackets) with resting bitch faces the rest of the time. For the final lines, the camera shows an extreme-close up of the main singer before zooming out completely to reveal the stage and the audience below.

Yesli ya poluchayu
Rebenok, ya vinovty
(net alibi, net alibi)
Pusteyu glova, teper
Pust'dar darit menya
(Ya reliza, ya reliza)

if I get sent down
baby, I'm guilty
(no alibi, no alibi)
now, I let my head empty
let the beat detoxify me
(I let it go, I let it go)

Helena closes her eyes rolls her back and around before caressing her own face and moving her hand down to her neck and then down to trace the curves of her body. The quick jump to a beat gives Helena a chance to whip her hand down, do a quick spin over to two women who a waiting at the side of the stage. The three performers rock slowly left and right, they finally put their fingers on their lips and look into the camera before the camera focuses the performers out of view to start the lead up of the chorus.

No dostachotno, ya dolzhen sbezheten
Dolzhen sbezheten
Otpestut, ogni I shumnye gipnozel
'umnye gipnozel

but enough, I have to escape myself
escape myself
let me go, the lights and the buzz hypnotises
(the buzz) hypnotises

To begin the lead up, an elaborate series of events happens to get all of the other women in one place, so listen closely. Helena walks to the back of the stage and retrieves one of the women from the back, they then move to the far left hand side to fetch another woman to add to their clique, she does a quick spin as the two women hold each others faces, but more in a friendly kind of way and not a lesbian kind of way. Two more stops, the three of them make their way to a woman who is crouched and looking down, Helena holds her face and sings into her eyes while the other two lift her up to join them. Finally, the four woman move over to the two women Helena was originally with, before the six of the them move to centre-stage and the central camera captures them all as Helena sings the song's signature line while the rest of the clique stares into the camera and mimes it.

Raz, vzyat pod kontrol
Kakoy-to moment vy budete zemanon
Nik, nika opravidniy
Dvigat sya cherez bol serdtseny
Pust, pust on putyaneti
La muzyka vivyet sekezhol makh azoltish
Y'e voysk nyetamin
Pyushik leman hypnotis

Prost inglet muzyk groncha

For once, take control of yourself
At some point you'll be left on your own
no, no excuses
move through the pain in the heart
let, let it pull you in
the music bangs around in my head like a drumbeat
and as the lights come down
you've got me under your spell

just play the music louder

As the main chorus kicks in, the women separate slightly and perform individual dace moves in sequence one at time, while the others hold a pose waiting for their brief moment to grab the spotlight. The lights around the arena begin to flash as the camera make a series of sweeping shots along the bottom of the stage and from the back to the front of the arena are shown to the viewers at home. The backing singer who is standing off-camera gives most of the vocals while Helena is occupied with her own movements. As the chorus comes to an end, the clique move back together for the start of the second verse.

Vyshe, pokoishi n'istkut krovyu

Just play the music louder
Higher, until my ears bleed

For the second chorus, the group move back to centre stage and support each other and the flow back and forth on their feet, before her fellow females move their hands over her ears as if they were whispering the song's lyrics into her ear, before looking into the central camera and singing the same yet of lyrics toward the people at home. The camera moves upon the stage once again as Helena separates from the group and walks towards the camera, tracing an infinity sign in their air to reflect the lyrics she is singing, with the group miming the words once again.

Pozzhe utrom, ya lezhal
Dreyfovaniye sozanya
(na rassvete, 'vete)
(na rassvete)
Chuvstvo privlekayet menya
Tsikl povtoryayetsya
(o bozhe moy, o bozhe moy)

later in the morning, I lay
drifting out of consciousness
(in the dawn sun, *sun*)
(in the dawn sun)
the feeling draws me in
the cycle is repeating
(oh my lord, oh my lord)

The rest of the group split and spread around the rest of the stage as the camera orbits around Helena who spins with it, keeping her at the centre of the picture with the background spinning behind her. The camera flies away to clear the stage as Helena offers her hand to the camera as it moves away.

No dostachotno, ya dolzhen sbezheten
Dolzhen sbezheten
('chotno, 'chotno, 'chotno)

but enough, I have to escape myself
escape myself
(enough, enough, enough)

The sequence of events in the first build up is repeated as Helena walks around the stage to retrieve members of the group in the exact same order as before. The one big change is that the women are much more willing to follow Helena as they smile and laugh with each other as they move around with Helena across the stage. The lights begin to get more intense as the music builds in tempo and intensity as well. The crowd begins to get more into the song after just sitting and staring for the beginning of the half, likely being slayed by the women on stage. They move to the centre of the stage once again as the camera retreats for the second chorus.

Raz, vzyat pod kontrol
Nik, nika opravidniy
Pust, pust on putyaneti
Y'e voysk nyetamin
Pyushik leman hypnotis

no, no excuses
let, let it pull you in

The group then move together for another dance routine as the camera captures the action from afar, including the audience at the bottom of the screen and the stage lights and design visable at the far edges of the screen. Helena gives her microphone to one of the other females and gets sucked into the music and the moment, dancing with two women either side of her. The other members of the group stand together while Helena retirves her microphone to stand apart from them, the lights recede for the slower part of the song.

Helena stands at the very front of the stage on the right hand side, illuminated by three spotlights to form a triangle above her head. The group of woman have the arms on each other at the back of the stage on the right hand side. A camera at the bottom of the stage is being used as Helena crouches down and sings into the camera, capturing the singer, the light triangle and the dark background behind her. White lights begin to strobe behind her as the song builds up once again, before the group move towards her to repeat the cycle for a third time.

Chuvstvo eyforii
Butylka chto vnutri
Chenti regreetny
Postil kryna kurvits dalgan

Feeling euphoric
Bottle up what I have inside
Hardly any regrets
I'll go out and do it all again

For the third build up of the song, the same sequence of events happens, but with the whole group now moving to where each woman was standing, as if they were now familiar with the route and are tracing it together. Bright white strobe light flash onto the performers. As they move back to centre stage, they steady themselves with the lights receding as Helena says the signature line of the song.

Raz, vzyat pod kontrol
Nik, nika opravidniy
Pust, pust on putyaneti
Y'e voysk nyetamin
Pyushik leman hypnotis

no, no excuses
let, let it pull you in

The LED stage and screen burst with a sequence of disorientating colours and patterns which complement the performers who move together on stage. The audience are starting to really get into the performance with the fans waving their flags and bouncing around which the camera captures during brief glimpses as the camera cuts away.

Prost inglet muzyk groncha (day mne pochustvovat)

higher, until my ears bleed
just play the music louder (make me feel it)
higher, until my ears bleed

The group spilt once again and spread themselves across the stage with one member walking off the back of the stage after Helena sings each line of the final part of the song. the stage empties as the lights and the colours begin to fade as the song draws to a close. After all of the other women have left the stage, Helena walks forward to the very from of the stage, lifts her hand in the air and sings the final line of the song as all of the colour and light drains out, leaving only one spotlight illuminating the performer to signal the end of the song.

Beskoncheny, beskoncheny ('be, 'be, 'be, 'be)
Neuyazvimy, neuazvimy ('neu, 'neu, 'neu, 'neu)
Upravleniye, upravleniye ('up, 'up, 'up, 'up)
Usileniye, usileniye ('us, 'us, 'us, 'us)
Vy ne zhete bezheti

never-ending, never-ending
unbreakable, unbreakable
controlling, controlling
intensifying, intensifying
you cant escape it

The crowd cheer and applaud Helena as she emotionally blows kisses and waves to the crowd before taking a bow and putting the microphone up to verbally thank the crowd in her relatively broken English., "Thank You Norjihan, I love you very much!", before a transition is made for the next act to perform.
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Aloquirbe
Envoy

Founded: Dec 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

13 | Aloquirbe | Leo Bourgeois - "Glass Box"

Postby Aloquirbe » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:12 pm

#13 ALOQUIRBE
Leo Bourgeois - "Glass Box"
Tune : Loic Nottet - "Mud Blood"

Leo Bourgeois - With a sudden change of song days before the contest, Leo is hoping that this decision will pay off.

Aloquirbe will be making a comeback to the WorldVision Song Contest after taking a 3 edition break (57, 58, 59) break. Aloquirbe last competed in the WorldVision Song Contest 56, with the popular girl from our nation, Newology, who came 4th place with 90 points in Besini. This was our best result to date, and this came after our friends, Former Nightom gained their best result in the 55th WorldVision Song Contest, and then before Britonisea, gaining their 3rd best result during the 57th WorldVision Song Contest. The decision of who will represent our nation has been made internally, but in the future, we will consider holding our first national final. ALO:TV got in contact with a male, who is very much willing to represent us and he is the epitome of what it means to be Aloquirbic. This is the first time since our debut, all the way in WorldVision 37, that we will be sending a solo male - and we are excited at the prospect. Below, you will be able to find out about who will represent us.

Leo Bourgeois is a 19 year old male who has lived in Aloquirbe all his life. His father is from Britonisea, and his mother is ethnically Aloquirbic. He grew up in the capital city of Aloquirbe, Alosable, which he exclaims being "the best city in the world." Leo took the normal path in his young life, and right now, he is currently in university in Alosable. He, and a group of his friends, decided to get themselves more money by putting some of their songs up on various multimedia platforms, and eventually, he was found by a record label in the nation, that he is currently signed to. Its this record label which gave him the opportunity to make a song for the next time Aloquirbe participates in the contest; which was closer than they thought it would be.

Leo Bourgeois was supposed to send the song "If Only You Knew," but before coming to Norjihan, he thought that the song was not yet ready and instead would send it to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2018, and send his other song instead - which he says is just as good. The new song, "Glass Box" is gritty, and can get you moving. It also has hints of Halloween pop in it, and this will be emphasised in the staging of the song.On arrival to the WorldVision stage, there was rumours that Aloquirbe wouldn't actually go to the contest after the previous song was taken from the albums etc, but Leo went to twitter to assure the Aloquirbic people that he will still performing in Hajenired.

Leo is a tall figure, he was around 6'2" and so finding the right clothes for him was important. The team didn't want him to wear large clothes because that wouldn't fit the type of performance. In the end, the delegation decided that he would wear something simple and tight-fitting to his body. He was wearing all white; white trousers alongside a buttoned white long sleeved shirt which had came up right to his neck, as though there wasn't space between the clothing and his neck. Regardless, it was comfortable for him. Compared to the Aloquirbic performance in the 56th WorldVision Song Contest, this performance is focusing on the presentation of the performance more than the performance itself, but one thing that was the same was the song's quality - the delegation wanted to show that the quality of the song is just as good as it was when Newology took the stage.

Leo stood in the middle of a large glass box, right in the middle of the stage. There were lasers around the glass box in blue and a dark shadow of a man standing up in a certain position. The screen behind Leo was one solid colour, red. He wasn't the only person on the stage though, he was also joined by some dancers who stood in the same position as he did. Compared to them, Leo was on a higher platform. At the bottom of the glass box there were LED lights, which made the box look as though it was it mid-air. The song started immediately with Leo singing without any of the music at first.

I will break free,
I will shatter the glass box,
Don't blink, you'll give me a chance;
1, 2, 3 - I won't be seen.

I will break free,

As he repeated himself, the instruments started to inkle in, giving you a taste of what is to come. The camera jumped from a position of the whole stage, to a position on the edge of the stage - right infront of the stage but looking upwards towards this glass box. The man moved from one position to another position as he sung each line, and the dancers copied him whilst he moved around.

Though as he counted, large numbers "1", "2", "3" displayed on the screen as he said it. The colours were in black which contrasted with the rest of the staging. As he finished singing about how we won't be seen, the screen behind changed from red to white, which slowly faded away in to black before suddenly reappearing as all white after each line. You could see Leo's face now, it was lit up. A camera focused on his face as it disappeared and appeared amongst the stage's lights.

I woke up here (glass box)
And don't know (glass box)
How I even got here, and I don't know where I am.

The camera was close up to his race though, and you could see that he was singing directly to it. He had a microphone stand in the glass box which was extended right up to his lips, which was pressed against the microphone. The camera slowly started to move to the side, and he watched as the camera glided away from him. He smirked as he sung and you could hear the audience cheering in the background. The dancers all turned to face the box, but they started to circle around it.

But I know you (know you)
I know what to do (to do)
I need to take you down, but I need to break free

But heed me words here,
I won't back down again,
I won't surrender.

During the pre-chorus, the white on the stage started to swirl away as though it was going down a whirlpool. A steadicam came from one side of the glass box, and the eyes of Leo met with it as it zoomed past him. He clutched the microphone tightly as the chorus of the song came to him.

As the chorus begun, white lights circled around the sides of the arena alongside the hints of red. Leo started to dance alongside the actual dancers on the stage. He was doing movements similar to them, but he was doing it a lot less energetically - he is singing after all.

You have trapped me in a glass box,
And I can't call for help,
You have won yet again.
I will smash my way out of here,
I don't care if I'll bleed,
I would do it until I'm free from you.

I will break free,

He started banging on the side of the glass box with each beat of the song, which is what the dancers were doing too. Also, a shot from the far end of the arena navigated itself from the right, moving forward before going to the left, in a semi circle shape.

Inside you're weak (you're weak)
Your future's bleak (it's bleak)
I know your weaknesses,
I can use them against you.

How long can you (can you)
Keep all of this up? (this up?)
Soon you will tire out,
And I will pounce up!

Leo got hold of the microphone from the stand during this verse and started to sing it from down low. Most of the light was now coming from the floor, a very large white glare as the screens had a more concerning red colour on it. There were lights from the glass box, so you could still see his face. The lazers went from the glass box to around the audience, piercing throughout the dark arena, though looking beautiful especially when you see it from afar. When he sung it, he pounced up in the way he sung it and with that, the camera quickly zoomed out.

He leaned up against the glass towards the audience, still singing in to his microphone. He cheekily grinned again as he sung. The dancers started to make their way towards him, also leaning against the glass box, but from the outside.

But heed me words here,
I won't back down again,
I won't surrender.

You have won yet again.
I would do it until I'm free from you.

As the camera went far back, some more people magically appeared in the box with him. How did they get there - we are not too sure. The dancers started to dance, though quite frantically and it seemed as though the dancers were against each other, but that was also owing to the split of the stage, which one if it being red and the other being white. Leo stood right in the middle of the stage.

As this section came up, everything calmed down, and on the screens behind, there were sparkling lights and as the camera zoomed out, the sparkling lights filled the whole arena up.

I will break free,
I will break free,
I will break free,
I will shatter the glass box, I'll break free.
I will break free,
I will break free,
I will break free,
I will shatter the glass box, I'll break free.

As he kept repeating the phrase about how he would break free, the dancers slowly started to move off the stage before it became abandoned with only the glass box, him and the two dancers left on the stage. He sung the pre-chorus again as he banged on the side of the glass, hoping that he would get free.

But heed me words here,
I won't back down again,
I won't surrender.

You have won yet again.
I would do it until...

With more power, he hit the glass. The dancers, who were all behind him, ran to the front of the glass and banged their hands on the side of it, while also crazily moving their bodies about. The camera would occasionally have flashed images of them moving. On the screens behind, it was a white background with black words on it, "glass box" and "help" appeared the most times.

You have won yet again.
I would do it until I'm free from you!

As soon as he finished singing that he hit against the glass box and finally it shattered open, causing the audience to gasp in excitement. The tall figure stood there in his position.

At the end of the performance, Leo looked straight in to the camera lens for a couple of seconds before the lights went out. With that, the arena applauded for him and to that he replied, "Thank you for the hospitality, Norjihan, thank you for this opportunity, WorldVision!" he exclaimed before running off the stage for the next proceedings on the stage to happen.
Follow Britonish Television on twitter for the latest updates: Right Here!

Balkvla Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

14 Balkvla Islands

Postby Balkvla Islands » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:41 pm

#14 Balkvla Islands
Kuma -Oditea
Tune: Odisea -Ozuna

Kuma was born and raised in the crime riddled streets of Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea to a half-Papuan/half-Balkvlain mother and an Australian father who left shortly after his birth. He joined the many youth gangs and participated in several muggings and carjackings. In 2012, he moved to the Balkvla Islands to attend university and to pursue his passion in music since he felt it was his only escape from the streets.

In 2014, he finally got signed to a label in Balkvla, and started to become well known in the Balkvlain language music scene. Finally, three years later, he won the chance to represent his new adopted nation on the international stage, becoming the first representative to sing in Balkvlain instead of English, a song about his life's journey so far and how grateful he was to make it this far. He has professed that he did not come to WorldVision to win, but to tell his story.

Kuma stood in front of his mic, a DJ in the background playing the backing track as a stylized cartoon of a bear appeared on the background screen; his symbol.

Tabenei
Etuto mi!vida o patamata
O dia ni dia ni pureku’tamata
No one will ever know my life
Not even myself who contemplates it day by day

The picture soon gave way to a slide show of photos from Kuma's childhood and family.

Mi ni teraru a’a
Ma!ana to detupieranai
O dio mi o butukararu
Hahime ni “adio” to detupediru
Demo, Mi ni teraru a’a
Dare mi!hamilia kuidaru a’a
Mu’do de turaitionu
Todo ha oditea demete
Detiru!, Mi ni teraru a’a
What will happen?
Tomorrow I may die
And God comes after me
I would love to say "farewell"
But what will happen?
What will my family do without me?
In this cruel world
My life's an odyssey
What will happen?

Tirukulo!poburewa o kureteramata
Todo heliwui demete, deturewa o ko’horumaru
Tobo kuretemete, titi murimiti
Haha to mi ha tune ni etutaramata
Halutanaka’ta da’ta to huriru
Wo ha nitenu!era o akopularu
Hanatiko de mutika, tale’to dehineru
Kurandei koleka o etukutamata
Tobo ha kawe o ditirmiti, Wo ha etukuela ni imiti
Nitenudietu ni, kawa ha mi!univerutidadu demete
Malo o apure’deruiru, halutedadu o veruiru to maludadu
Ka’ku de obuteruvaruiru to toteamatairu
Wo ha pureku’tamata
Growing up in poverty
Joining a gang meant life
Mother raised me after Dad left us
My friends where there
I look back, forever a fan of music
Listening to the greats
Mother always pushed me to go to school instead of the streets
I finally fulfilled her hopes
Learned about the truth of the world
Saw my old friends die one-by-one

Mi ni teraru a’a
Ma!ana to detupieranai
O dio mi o butukararu
Demo, Mi ni teraru a’a
Mu’do de turaitionu
Todo ha oditea demete
What will happen?
Tomorrow I may die
And God comes after me
But what will happen?
In this cruel world
My life's an odyssey
What will happen?

The photos then show Kuma during his college days in Balkvla, along with photos of him writing songs and then being taken under in the wing of a producer who would be his mentor and eventually sign him up to his label.

Nitenudietukuatro nevadomete ni Hau o natemete, wo ha maworu be’ditionu
Pureokupanaka'ta, unome mi!ka’tionu o pekamata
Mi to Diotu ha mitionu o amata, kureationu
Etutilo naturalui fuluwemete, to koratonu, arumonia o kuarudamata.
Mala o tiramata, pero tura’kiloi o kedemete.
Mina ha karuma de ko’tuimiti
Aora pekadoi to hamotoi, tiemuponai de puri’tipalu
Tokidoki ha woramata, malui no wou ni obuteruvaru
Wo ha poburewa ni rekuretarutai
Emupiewo ni pureku’taru
My daughter Hau, my whole world, was born
Inspired, I wrote this very song
God supporting my every choice
I honed my talent, I honed my skill
I cut off all the bad influences from my life
Now successful, I cry out of shame of my past
The poverty, the muggings, the carjackings

The photos then turn happy as photos of his daughter, Hau, show up, with him being the best father he could to his daughter, along with photos of his common-law wife and how happy the three of them are now that his life is looking up.

Mi ni teraru a’a
Ma!ana to detupieranai
O dio mi o butukararu
Demo, Mi ni teraru a’a
Mu’do de turaitionu
Todo ha oditea demete
What will happen?
Tomorrow I may die
And God comes after me
But what will happen?
In this cruel world
My life's an odyssey
What will happen?

The photos end and the lights finally dim down until it is just him under a spotlight.

Unobanu, Diotu ni kuratiatu kara
Taludu to vida o ma’tenemete
Para buenoi mutika o puederu
Oditeu, arubamu.
Thank you Lord
For helping me out in this life, for providing me an escape route in the form of music.
For helping me put together this album "Oditeu"

Kuma then promptly walked off the stage, satisfied in telling his story, as the backing track continued on for a few seconds before finally ending.

During the applause, the DJ then walked off the stage as the photo of the cartoon bear appeared one last time on the screen.
WorldVision 55: 17th
WorldVision 56: 22nd
WorldVision 57: 17th
WorldVision 58: 12th
WorldVision 59: 15th

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:42 am

15. KINGSLEY BEDFORD
Sovereign- "Fools"

Tune: Alice Merton- No Roots

After many years and one failed attempt to return, Kingsley Bedford was finally making their return to the WorldVision Song Contest. In the years that had passed, the country had changed significantly, one thing that hadn't changed however was the desire of the Kingfordian people to see their country take out its first WorldVision title. This year the responsibility fell upon indie artist SOVEREIGN (birth name Alla Mirkoff), a 23 year old singer-songwriter who had become a rising star of the Kingfordian music industry over the past 12 months. She'd released her debut EP to commercial success and critical acclaim and was ready for the biggest challenge she'd faced in her career so far. Carefully, but confidently she took her place on the stage, now was her big moment.

Sovereign was accompanied by on stage by two drummers and a guitarist, all 3 of who were dressed in black t-shirts and navy jeans. It had been decided to keep the staging as simple as possible, anything else would not be true to who Sovereign was as an artist. The two drummers were positioned on the upper level of the stage directly in front of the flower LED installation. each positioned on the left and right hand side, while the guitarist was positioned on the main stage to the right hand side. Sovereign, wearing this dress, had taken her place at the centre of the stage, towards the front, with her band in clear view.The stage lights were shining in tones of purple, dark blue and pink to match the images displayed on the LED screens which would pulsate with the rhythm of the song and the lights made slight strobe-like effects while the steps were illuminated in a pink and purple hue. As the music began, Sovereign stood in front of her silver microphone stand and poised herself to begin singing.

Played it from left to right, from up to down
been hurt so many times, I've lost count
sadistic fantasies, who dares to go home with me tonight?

During the short instrumental riff, the lights flash and the camera vibrates in a sudden motion before continuing as before, with a close up of Sovereign

Never one for commitment, prefer one night stands
got not time for romance, casual hook up yes I can
fulfilling sadistic fantasies, do you dare to come home with me tonight?

during the pre-chorus; an overhead camera shot briefly showed Sovereign and her backing musicians, before returning to a close up of Sovereign in time for the chorus to begin, which would continue to alternate between close ups of Sovereign and her backing musicians throughout the chorus

Don't you know I'm not the loving kind, the loving kind

I Play it smart play it cool, use and play their heart
Play it smart play it cool, and kick em to the curb
Love is just a game for fools, fools
Love's a game for fools

Love's a game for fools

For the first part of the second verse, Sovereign walks up to where one of her drummers (the one of the left) is positioned. As she sings, she leans in closer, as if she's singing to him, seducing him, he tries to pull her even closer, but she dismisses his advance, before making her way down towards her guitarist in time for the second part of the verse.

Throwing themselves at me, but I ain't biting back
You'd think word would be out by now, you'd think they'd know my plan
Sadistic fantasies, for whoever dares to come with me tonight

During the second part of the verse, she sings directly to the guitarist, who as he plays stares straight into her eyes, showing a clear interest in her.He reaches out to touch her, and she pushes him away, causing him to stagger backwards slightly but maintains his balance, after this Sovereign turns away from him and begins to walk away slowly, bringing the camera with her

Don't want to take it one step at a time no I can't handle that
after tomorrow, i don't wanna ever see your face
fulfil my sadistic fantasies, you dared to come home with me tonight

Don't you know I'm not the loving kind, the loving kind?

During the chorus the cameras once again alternate between close ups of Sovereign and the backing musicians. With strobe lighting effects casting shadows on their faces for effect

Love's a game for fools

Love's a game for fools

During the bridge, the strobe lights flash in time with the beat while the cameras alternate between close ups of Sovereign and the drummers

Played it from left to right, played it up and down
been hurt so many times I've lost count

during this bit of the song, the camera's show a series of front on shots and close ups of Sovereign and her musicians in time with the instrumental breakdown. multiplying at times on screen as they're basked in the stage lights, before returning to a single view towards the end before concluding with a close-up of Sovereign and the guitarist rocking out together briefly

But I'm no fool
no fool

Sovereign begins to strut down the catwalk, interacting with the audience until she reaches the edge of the stage, she remains in this position for the remainder of the song, clearly enjoying every minute of her performance as a sweeping shot shows the audience surrounding the stage before returning to a close up.

Play it smart play it cool, use and play their heart
Love's a game for fools

Play it smart play it cool, use and play their heart
Love's a game for fools

At the conclusion of the song pyrotechnics shoot up from the edges of the stage. Sovereign raises her right arm in the air. Beaming with pride."THANK YOU HAJENIRED!!! KINGSLEY BEDFORD IS BACK!"
Last edited by Kingsley Bedford on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:46 am

16. ELECTRUM

Song: Untangle
Artist: Alice Howards
Tune: 'Play Dead' by Björk

Introduction
Alice Howards returns, as Electrum's second ever returning entrant to the regular WorldVision Song Contest (repeating Pelissa Pisera's feat). Because this was an important milestone in the WorldVision Song Contest, it was decided that a past singer should represent Electrum in this very special edition. Alice Howard last participated just a decade ago (in Electrum time) at the 36th WorldVision Song Contest in Peeto, Polkopia. This was Electrum's second ever participation. With several callbacks to her previous song "Dreamland" dotted throughout the song, this song is for the discerning Alice Howards-ultra-fans that seem to have eventuated across the entire multiverse. Alice Howards was chosen by a nationwide songfest with all of Electrum's previous singers participating, but in the end it was Alice Howards who trumped them all, with a stunning rendition of her new song 'Untangle.' The song is about her messy, publicised divorce with her husband after she discovered that he was cheating on her. The lyrics refer to the pillars of the relationship crumbling around her as she tries to stumble her way out of her situation. The Electrumite audience praised the song for its emotion, and hence became the first publicly selected song for quite a few editions.

The Performer

The Song

Howards walks on stage with a silver, crystalline dress, resembling a butterfly, or another winged animal. The dress flows onto the floor and follows her for the duration of the song. It has magnets on each of the feathers, allowing them to be dropped at the signal of the button, but that would have to wait to the end of the song. Behind her, the stringed instrumentalists are above ground, arranged in a semicircular fashion, the lights are all dark blue and purple, and Howards is centre stage. There is an elaborate set-up in front of the instrumentalists that Howards stands on.

When the music starts, flashes of lightning strike the stage and the screens, Howards starts yelling on her special stage, and the camera is tight on her face. Once the pillars starts falling, she stands on the very top before 'flying' down, arms outstretched, with her dress completing the illusion, in time for the elaborate set-up to implode in a mess of rubble. The LED tubes and Electrumite holograms project spiderwebs across the audience and on the stage as she continues to sing in front of the pile of rubble...

0:47
Darling, pillars are falling
Every falsehood you make
Spiders cover me
They tell me your lies

1:12
What’s marble became salt, and it falls apart
as I depart and say goodbye
No love, no farewell to say
This is the end, our dreamland’s collapsed!

Howards walks towards back stage and stands on top of the rubble. She outstretches her hands and tries to grasp at the holographic projects of webs around her body and face. With emotion, she yells again at the end of this verse with the flickering lights from the lightning stopping completely. The intermittent flashes of light are replaced with the same darkness at the beginning of the song, dark blue and purple. Howards in her winged dress, wraps her arms around her body, shielding herself from the pain and looking vulnerable. For the string orchestra behind her, they slowly reach the crescendo in tune with her at around ~3:00, their instruments all light up gradually as well, reaching peak brightness at the crescendo. Finally, Howards starts to makes progress in unweaving the webs around her.

2:05
I untangled, revealing your web
I untangled, and learnt the truth
What’d I do to deserve this?
Crying silently, no one understands
I think about what’s next
No conclusion, the deep unknown

Howards walks towards centre stage again, for the first time using the microphone at the very front (which was placed there just a few seconds before she arrived), everytime she says untangle, she kicks and shakes her arms down, shedding some of the feathers on her dress. Eventually they all wither away as she finishes singing and the song fades out...

3:17
Untangle the webs we weave
Last edited by Electrum on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:47 am

17. IZMEDU
Arijana Kovac & Mirjam Volic - Am I Alone

Tune: Lindsey Stirling ft. Carah Faye - Where Do We Go

“It's hard to make it in the world sometimes, even when you're established. There's always a fork on the road when you least expect it, and sometimes... No one's there.” - Mirjam Volic

With WorldVision 59 behind RTI, many wondered what was to come with WorldVision 60 in the wings. Some began to voice concern with the continued stagnation of RTI's concepts in WorldVision. While some praised Ema Galovic's 8th place as a respectable result, the larger reaction was one of concern. Many were panicking that RTI began to treat the contest on auto-pilot and had stuffed songs in Izmepisma for the sake of fulfilling a contract. The odd nature of the 10th anniversary of Izmepisma also didn't help, with an ambitious format that was scrapped for a more practical approach as RTI struggled to finance the 10th anniversary celebration, going from an aggressive push to a last minute hail mary where the channel was lucky enough to attract as many of its former contestants as it once did.

Lucky enough for RTI, it was Arijana Kovac & Mirjam Volic's “Am I Alone” that won the 10th anniversary of Izmepisma. Marked as the contest pre-favorites due to Arijana Kovac's status as a former WorldVision winner, bookies' predictions came to pass as the duo clinched a close win over L'agaun in Izmepisma. A collaboration between Arijana Kovac & Mirjam Volic had been in demand from both of their fanbases, and an Izmepisma appearance was the catalyst for a massive amount of hype. However, the resulting win was a surprise in the Izmeduan fan community, and to the artists themselves. Arijana was honored at the chance to re-appear in the WorldVision Song Contest, while Mirjam was relieved that her second appearance in the national final resulted in a win, especially with someone like Arijana's stature as a collaborater.

“Am I Alone” started life as a demo written and recorded by Mirjam Volic following emotional turmoil surrounding her career. Mirjam was once the lead singer for a band called “Whisper,” which was mildly popular during the early and mid-50s of WorldVision and was thought to be a potential WorldVision entrant. During her tenure as Whisper's lead singer, Mirjam led a moderately successful solo career, and attempted to try and represent Izmedu on her own, and secured a respectable result but not the rights to represent the country. Despite this, Mirjam kept recording with Whisper, until a harrowing spat with the lead guitarist involving the band's direction caused the band to split into two camps, with Mirjam wanting to keep the band together. However, Mirjam became subject of a controversy surrounding this split, and as a result, was kicked out of the band by her own members.

Mirjam knew her past history as someone who was controlling, and her concurrent solo career did not help matters. However, Mirjam did not expect to be exiled in such a manner. Thus, she turned to writing songs as a way to try and salve whatever was left, and early drafts resulted in lyrics that would morph into “Am I Alone.” The debacle that Mirjam went through and the demo she recorded caught the attention of Arijana Kovac, who herself was facing a crisis of career direction after Mirjam had been acting as a solo free agent for a few months. Arijana, after her appearance in WHF28, faced critics who were becoming ever-harsher on her latest work. She was praised yet criticized for remaining in the style she adopted since “Illusion,” finding that an equal amount of people loved her performances with the violin as much as people considered her a gimmick. The latter group haunted her more, especially as she was trying to find a way to re-invent herself.

Hearing Mirjam's demo caused Arijana to step back while she was hearing the former band singer record her song. She took such an intense interest in Mirjam's song that Arijana first asked Mirjam if the song could be a possible collaboration between both, with Arijana confessing that the lyrics had gotten to her. Despite the impromptu meeting between both artists, Mirjam knew of Arijana's star power, and immediately agreed to a collaboration. Their management was not as enthused when they heard the sudden choice to partner with a song, and it took a quickly made demo reel and arrangement where Arijana infused her violin lines with Mirjam's emotional singing. Luckily enough, it was approved by both of them.

An Izmepisma win later, and both women were facing stage in Norjihan. Both women shared a silent hug before departing for the stage...

Stage lights billowed down to the center as the interior of the Mahiraz Arena became darkened. Arijana and Mirjam were situated on opposite sides of the stage, with Arijana on the left, and Mirjam on the right. A sound of air began to whoosh through the stage, as the outlines of the stage began to be outlined in white, revealing the silhouettes of both entrants. Then, a piano chord being played caused a spotlight to shine on Mirjam, wearing these clothes, and the camera immediately faded to a view of Mirjam, her eyes downcast and her hands clasped.

“It's okay,
It will be alright.”
I was told when I saw my heart break down
Sometimes I
Wish I was stronger
Because I know it doesn't get easier

Mirjam sang these lines with a reflective tone, gazing at the camera with a wistful gaze as she held one up to reach towards it, before receding it back at the third line and looking down. At each piano chord, the stage 'lines' flashed white as the images on the screens showed abstract looking polygonal lines that looked as if they were trying to reconnect, and were contorting to Mirjam's vocals. At the end of the third line, one could hear Arijana's trademark violin mixing into the vocal, with the camera fading to a close-up silhouette of her playing the violin. At the second half of the verse, the camera alternated between Arijana and Mirjam, with the singer looking fragile as she held her chest. When the verse ended, Mirjam looked towards the center of the stage...

No one to talk to, no one to reach for
Why, is it so empty?
Trapped in this cage of pure solitude
I gave my heart away, and I ask myself

At the hook, drum beats began to be added as the lines almost began to succeed at connecting with each other background screens. Despite the beat, Mirjam looked forlorn as she walked to the center of the stage, ascending up the stairs as the camera began to pan back slightly, with the lone spotlight on her and the camera view accentuating the loneliness on her stage despite Arijana's presence. By the hook's end, the stage went dark sans the spotlight on Mirjam, and the camera quickly cut to a view of her looking up as if in prayer.

Am I Alone? Gone?
Or is there someone out there?
Am I Alone? Gone?
I prayed for friendship but I found only loneliness

When the chorus hit, causing the Mahiraz Arena to light up and the stage lights to flash a bright white, the camera initially focused on Arijana making her proper entrance, revealing her to be wearing this dress as she went up to the center of the stage. However, the two performers maintained their distance, with the camera cuts being timed to each moment Mirjam sang 'Alone,' as it focused mostly on close-ups of their expression. Each time Mirjam sang 'Am I Alone,' she sang it directly to the camera, holding her arm towards it and gripping air as she sang the song's title as a question. Then, at the final line, Mirjam unleashed an emotional vocal line, taking the last syllable of loneliness on a downwards note as she then bowed her head. Arijana matched that vocal line with her violin, and a camera effect was achieved at the end of the last line where editors expertly spliced both Arijana and Mirja together in one frame.

At the brief instrumental line, Arijana swooned her body forward at each note, performing with more agility than her previous appearances in WorldVision and the World Hit Festival. At the end of her brief solo, she turned to Mirjam, who was standing in alone as the spotlight on her faded temporarily.

Don't know where to turn to
Don't know if I belong
Am I Alone?

For this section of the chorus, Mirjam stepped forward as close to the stage as she could, holding her heart as she sang these lines behind her with closed eyes. The screen effects returned, showing the abstract patterns trying to connect being broken apart and the connections being snapped. At the final line, beats played that caused the lights to flash in time. Arijana closed off the chorus with a contemplative violin line, gracefully spinning around once away from Arijana as she walked towards the back of the stage.

I miss you
I miss the old days
Where we used to share laughter and secrets
But today
You're no longer here
All that's left of you is a faded smile

At the second verse, the Mahiraz Arena darkened slightly to let Arijana return as a moving silhouette, as the camera returned to a mid-audience view of Mirjam as she sat down on the stage. On the screens saw the return of the abstract patterns attempting to reconnect through maze-like lines, becoming much slower owing to the calmer pace of the verse. The camera then made movement towards Mirjam, with her staring off into the distance throughout the verse as Arijana provided complementary accompaniment. At the end, she looked up.

No one to talk to, no one to reach for
Why, is it so empty?
Trapped in this cage of pure solitude
I gave my heart away, and I ask myself

Mirjam stood up as a spotlight returned to Arijana, with the camera going into an overheard pan of the stage as the screen lines began to pulse to the beats, repeating the process of disconnections. Arijana began to move closer to Mirjam during the hook, with the camera view exclusively on the stage just right behind Mirjam and facing the audience. At the end, the stage went dark

Am I Alone? Gone?
Am I Alone? Gone?

For the chorus' second appearance, the camera focused on Arijana's violin playing as it made brief flashes to Mirjam's passionate vocals. The instrumentation began to ramp up as the screen showed the lines beginning to disconnect into polygons once again, with Arijana motioning backwards as Mirjam was going forwards. Both complemented and augmented each other, with the ending of the fourth line seeing Arijana match Mirjam's vocal trajectory, ending with Mirjam staring sideways clasping her chest.

Don't know if I belong
Am I Alone?

At the last half of the chorus, Mirjam could be seen looking up to the camera, a bird's eye view as the spotlight shone most intensely for her at that moment. She sang these lines like pleas, with the camera at the third line, fading into a view of her shaking free hand that was reaching for someone to hold her. When the chorus ended, the view faded to Arijana's hands ending the chorus with her violin line.

The bridge of the song then commenced, which would involve Arijana first motioning towards the audience, tapping her feet to every other note she played before unleashing an intricate set where the camera rotated with her as she was going in a stationary circle, ending with her directly looking at Mirjam at the end of the bridge.

Am I Alone? Gone?
Am I Alone? Gone?
Don't know if I belong
Am I Alone?

For the last chorus, the first half was a softer iteration than earlier, with the instrumentation being only a soft piano and Arijana's violin. Despite that, Mirjam didn't let up as she walked up to the central stage, gazing at Arijana to give her an answer to the questions, her eyes almost watery and her eyes radiating with a entreating look behind them. Arijana could only offer an uncertain response with her violin. At the end of the fourth line, the instrumentation returned in full force, with Mirjam unleashing an even more passionate verse. Arijana and Mirjam faced each other for the final half of the chorus, the camera alternating between both before settling to a center view.

At the end of the chorus, the lights sans the spotlight on Arijana faded, with her playing the last few notes to the song. When the final note struck, the Mahiraz Arena went dark, and after a few seconds of cheering, the Norjihan crowd cheered for both entrants.

Mirjam could only stagger back in response, shouting a quick thank you as Arijana bowed. Both then exited the stage.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Electrum Diplomatic Offices
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Electrum Diplomatic Offices » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:49 am

18. ELECTRUM DIPLOMATIC OFFICES

Song: Bananas
Artist: Gertrude Pullman
Tune: 'Da Da Da' by Trio

Introduction
As part of Network ENN's deal with Gertrude Pullman starting from the last edition, who bought the rights to send the Electrum Diplomatic Offices song because Gertrude Pullman was desperate after losing a tax evasion case because she started her own fake religion, Gertrude will represent the EDO for the umpteenth time with a new advertisement. Network ENN said that it would take three WorldVision songs for Gertrude to fulfil her obligations to the network before she is given full creativity over what types of songs she could send. This is the second song that she has to do, after advertising for the ChemDae Industrial Organisation. After the viral success of the first song, the Banana Federation of Electrum has decided to commission Gertrude Pullman to sing about Electrum's Kale Island Bananas, bananas from Electrum's tropical island off the mainland. The simple synth-pop song is as ear-wormy as you can get, and the hope is that the whole multiverse buys the multiverse's best bananas, although critics are confused if the song is advertising bananas in general or the ones from Kale Island, because Kale Island isn't even specifically mentioned in the song, and the song sounded like something that was written in less than thirty minutes.

The Performer
(she's obviously not cartoonish but you get the idea, she's been doing this for 20+ editions now)

The Song

Gertrude walks on stage inside a banana costume. It's very comical. But like a true champ, she takes it in her stride.

0:00
Nana nana nana
Nana
Nana
Nana

0:21
You need a fruit that rhymes with, Nana
Which family do you love? Nanna
Everyone, this character's fake, Santa
This is hottest fruit now
Fill in this verse somehow
Low calories, no sodium
Low calories, no sodium
Low calories, no sodium
Low calories, no sodium

Surprisingly, Gertrude does a break dancing manoeuvre on the floor like this. In turns out that the banana suit was paid for by the Banana Federation of Electrum, it contained an exoskeleton around Gertrude's legs and arms. She didn't know what was going on, but she kept screaming despite pulling off some sick moves in the banana suit. Truly, technology is wonderful.

0:52
Banana
Banana
Banana
Banana

Banana
Low calories, no sodium
Banana
Low calories, no sodium
Banana
Low calories, no sodium
Banana
Low calories, no sodium

Banana
Banana
Banana
Banana

In the long interim break, Gertrude loads a t-shirt cannon full of bananas. Unfortunately, these t-shirt cannons were last packed in Electrum a week ago, so the bananas have rotted due to the ethylene produced by the ripening of the bananas. The Banana Federation of Electrum claims that this is because the bananas are picked so fresh, you must eat them immediately or else they will rot away. The audience gets splattered in that dark, mushy, gooey bananay substance, although they will appreciate that the banana has low calories and no sodium. Also Gertrude randomly talks about sexy and apoplexy.

1:53
Where the hell's the country named, Ghana
Don't worship false idols, Sultana
We all hate girls named, Anna
Don't use this for sexy
I tried, it gives apoplexy

Low calories, no sodium, nana
Low calories, no sodium

Gertrude sings the final chorus of the song, and on the LED screens behind her, there are just bananas. On the LED tube floorings, just yellow and black. Everything is a banana. It consumes all.

2:25
Banana
Banana
Banana
Banana

Banana
Low calories, no sodium
Banana
Low calories, no sodium
Banana
Low calories, no sodium
Banana
Low calories, no sodium

Banana
Banana
Banana
Banana

Gertrude takes a bow before leaving via break-dancing.
Last edited by Electrum Diplomatic Offices on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Manager of Electrum Commerce: co-owner of Air Terranea, co-owner of Dream Games (thread) and manages the Electrum Airports Authority
Shocking at WorldVision
Electrum Statistics Office and Electrum Embassy Programme

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00 am

ETHANE - C2H6

Brendan Maynor - Turning Away
Tune: Bohnes: Middle Finger

As Brendan Maynor stepped out onto the stage, the Ethanian flag flashed onto the screen and the crowd roared in anticipation, particularly the Ethanian delegation. He walked into the middle of the stage, where there was a small circular raised platform on wheels which he swung himself up onto it. The lights dimmed and the music began to play, silencing the crowd. A singular white spotlight shone on to Brendan, who was resting against a handrail at the front of the platform, looking down at the audience. Red lights lined the edges of the stage and screen. The LED screen was completely black. The camera starts with a wide angle shot, before circling around the circular platform with Brendan following it, singing to it.

You showed me love and made a mistake,
Making them money off all of my pain,
And I would have thought that you’d change your ways,
But I thought too highly of you; my mistake.

He swung himself off of the platform onto the stage and started to slowly walk towards the front of the stage. The microphone was in his right hand. His left hand was swinging by his side in a casual but cool style walk, his leather coat swishing by his sides. The screen lit up with a slight dark reddish tinge, bathing the stage and Brendan with an ominous reddish light. He reached the front of the stage as he sang ‘life’. As he sang ‘yeah’ he reached his left hand out and bent his knees quickly and shallowly. The camera starts off with a left-angle shot, before panning across the front of the stage and then returning to an audience shot.

So I won’t let you drag me down; I’m done with all your lies,
I’m leaving you behind because I want a better life.
Yeah!

As the music picked up drastically in intensity, ominous and darker coloured lights began to flash over the stage and the audience, and the white spotlight was removed. Colours included red, dark orange, dark blue, darkish purplish colour etc. On the LED screen was some pattern of shapes and colours, flashing with dark colours to create an ominous lighting effect on the stage. On the first line, he points his hand out at the audience as if directing them. Then as he sings ‘i’m turning away’, he also turns away to the right so he can face his palm out to the audience as a sign of rejecting what they have to say. He walks away a little back towards the platform, clasping his hand on his head when he sings ‘insane’. He turns back towards the audience as he sings ‘better listen when I say’, before repeating the same actions for the repetition in lyrics. The camera is focused in on Brendan, capturing the turning away with him centre-screen. It pans around to the audience, before returning to a wide-angle shot which slowly zooms in on Brendan for the second turning away.

So I don’t care what you have to say,
I’m tu-urning awa-y.
There’s nothing left that you can give,
You’re driving me insane.
Ooooh, it’s not happening,
Ooooh, better listen when I say,
I don’t care what you have to say,
I’m tu-urning awa-y.

The lighting returns to its original form at the start of the show. Brendan is leaning against the front of the circular platform railings, not on the platform but at the front of it on the stage. He appears to be looking off to the left side of the audience. The camera starts off with an angle from the right side of the stage, before panning round to the audience. It then switched to a left angle shot to capture Brendan looking at the camera directly.

You cannot even look me in the eye,
And tell me you care; you’re living a lie,
There is only one way that I can survive,
I’ll leave you behind, and then I will thrive.

Brendan walks over to where he was just looking casually, looking out at the audience. The camera is still from a left angle viewpoint, before switching to a camera at the back of the screen looking over the stage and the audience from the back of the stage. There is no spotlight at this point; it never turned back on after the first chorus. Again, he bends the knees when singing yeah.

I won’t just follow you around, I’m not your fucking sheep,
You can try to lie to me but I’m not the one asleep.
Yeah!

Lights pick up in intensity again. Brendan turns away from the audience at the first turning away, but then turns back round relatively quickly and strolls casually along the front of the stage, giving an almost growling look of anger out to the audience, which the cameras are focused on. He then turns away from the audience at the second turning away as well, but at this point he is on the right side of the stage. The camera switches to an audience viewpoint at the second turning away as Brendan begins returning to the platform.

I’m tu-urning awa-y.
Ooooh, better listen when I scream,
I’m tu-urning awa-y.

All the flashing, intense lights across the audience stop flashing and remain on the one colour, beaming out constantly. Three spotlights, one from the left side, one from the right side, and one from the top of the stage shine down onto the circular platform. The screen also freezes so the pattern isn’t moving or flashing, but is stuck on one pattern and one colour. Between the chorus and the bridge, Brendan returns to the circular platform , where he stands behind it. He jumps up and starts singing out towards the audience. The red strip lighting is also off for this section. The camera starts off panning over the audience, before panning around to Brendan jumping up onto the platform. It then zooms in close to him. Panning around the platform again, with Brendan following before he returns to looking out at the audience, and the camera looks at him from behind.

You’re too busy lying,
Miniscule brains frying,
To see that I am dying,
You’re mistakes; I’m crying,
But I can see the light,
I’ll go and I will fight,
And I don’t have to say,
That you are in my way.

As Brendan sings ‘find my other mates’, he jumps down from the circular platform and walks towards the audience.

You can’t see what you’ve done,
Shovelling shit; a tonne,
You’ve wrecked all that we had,
It’s over, now I’m sad,
But my plan now is great,
Just find my other mates,
Return and celebrate,
Because it’s not too late.

All the lights return to their flashing and changing patterns and colours. As Brendan sings ‘turning away’ he turns away to the left with his hand out rejecting the audience again, before returning to the circular platform again, jumping up. He leans on the railing at the front of the platform again, looking out towards the audience as he sings the final chorus. Brendan turns away on the second turning away again as well, but all the lights apart from a spotlight and the red strip lighting turn off. Four guys (who can’t be seen too well) wheel Brendan off the stage on the platform, who remains looking away from the audience.

I’m tu-urning awa-y.
Ooooh, better listen when I shout,
I’m tu-urning awa-y.

Four guys (who can’t be seen too well) wheel Brendan off the stage on the platform, who remains looking away from the audience.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Saviera
Spokesperson

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saviera » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:29 am

20. Saviera
Super-Extra Drama King, by Little Marie from the Prairie

To The Tune Of Super-extra-wonder-shop By Nina

Little Marie from the Prairie, Her Real Name is Marie. She is Actually a Member of the Prairie, a Band of Schoolkids Her Age. She is Around 12 Years Old. The Prairie is also Coming with Her to WorldVision.

Marie Wrote This Song Because She was Frustrated with Some People at School. Now She Wants to Let Everyone Know About It. By the Way, the Part in Brackets is Sung by Other Members of the Prairie.

I wake up this morning, time to go to school
And I go onto the bus, I sit near the back
But then some kid tells me that I’m breaking a rule
I wanted to punch him there because he’s such a…

Super-extra drama king!
Super-extra drama king!

When I get to school I say hello to all my friends
And they all say hi back to me, and everything is nice
But then I say hi to one of my upperclassmen
And he just ignores me, because he’s such a…

Super-extra drama king!
Super-extra drama king!

When in class I listen to the teacher teaching us
And I write down everything onto my notebook
But the guy next to me wants to borrow my pen
I do, but later he forgets to return it

Super-extra drama king!
Super-extra drama king!

I am so mad
Because everyone’s a drama king
I want to fight them
But I’m not a drama king
(Drama king, drama king)

During lunch I line up in the cafeteria
And I get my food and drink, it is time to eat
But then some kid bumps into me and the drink spills
Now I do not have chocolate milk to drink

Super-extra drama king!
Super-extra drama king!

I am so mad ‘cause
Everyone’s a drama king

Super-extra drama king!
Super-extra drama king!

Finally the school bell rings, it’s time to go home
And finally I arrive home, it is time to take a rest
And I want to just close my eyes and take the nap I need
But I can’t because, I can’t stop thinking of…

Super-extra drama king!
Super-extra drama king!
Super-extra drama king!
Super-extra drama king!

Drama king!
Drama king!

Drama king!

Everyone Clapped Politely. Marie Said: Thank You!!! Don't Be a Drama King!!!

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:37 am

21 Missus X

Rick Leg - "My Lovely Whore".
Tune: "My Lovely Horse" from Father Ted.

Rick Leg is back, and, well, he was completely stumped for ideas, so much so that this entry was written ridiculously last-minute. It came to him when atop the number 13 bus on holiday in Thatcher City, Mister X, intending to participate in WorldVision 59, but having got his schedule completely mixed up, he arrived 2 months too late. Consequently, with WorldVision 60 far closer than he expected, it was a very last-minute concept. MSX Television, on the orders of MRX Television, had been told to invest in the staging as a prototype for Mister X's WorldVision 61 entry (which will, it is understood, have the largest staging budget for a Mister Xian WorldVision entry ever). That's not to say that Missus X has been ordered to copy what Mister X is planning for WV61, merely to just have a brainstorm politically correct thought shower.

So, therefore, with most of Missus X's GDP behind him (literally - there was a huge sack of cash on the stage), Rick Leg walked to the middle during the postcard carrying a guitar, as a 40-strong choir assembled behind him. The lights came on in the colour of a nice, tight, bright lycra, whilst Rick made the effort to put a disclaimer before the song started in earnest: "This song contains strong language and adult themes." At the front of the stage was a scantily-clad woman, wearing patches of black fabric in such a way that as much skin as legally possible was showing - there was a flap covering her vagina and clitoris, whilst another patch of fabric covered her arse crack, and two small circles of fabric covered her nipples, including her areolae. She knelt with her knees apart and her body tilted back, making sexual pelvic thrusts. Rick himself was wearing something similar - an arse-crack-coverer, and that was it (the guitar was covering the wedding vegetables).

The camera zoomed in from the widest angle possible during the first three seconds until it went into super close-up on Rick's mouth whilst another voice, off-stage, provided the backing vocals. The camera gradually pans out during the song and focuses on the woman.

(My lovely, lovely, lovely whore...)

My lovely whore
(My lovely whore)

Rummage in your bush
(Rummage in your bush)

Now you are fucking don't you
(Ahhhhh....)

Please stop sucking me please
(Fucker)

I want to fuck you every night and day

And ride you like a horsey
(Ahhhhh....)

Trimming your bush every single day

And maybe get a big discount
(Ahhhhh....)

My lovely whore
(My lovely whore)

Can you swallow some more
(Can you swallow some more)

Fucking around like a total slut
(Ahhhhh....)

Like a Buckaroo, yeah
(Ahhhhh....)

Like a Buckaroo
(Yeah baby)

Rick then slides forwards and plays an invisible saxophone, and in so doing reveals everything, drawing the attention of the camera again. He crawls over towards the woman... and then, due to censorship reasons, the lights are all suddenly turned off and the track slows down:

Last edited by Missus X on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Norjihan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Norjihan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 pm

| Geryn Unared - "Norjihan" |
|Tune|

As the final song ended, everyone expected the usual to happen, ie. the host would come out, say something about voting, and then a boring interval act to happen. Everyone would go and vote, make tea or whatever it is they drink, and then settle down for the long, drawn out experience that is the voting. However, the crowd murmured as the stage went dark... this bit wasn't done in rehearsals. Then suddenly, a single spotlight shone in the middle of the stage, the floor of which was covered in a thin layer of smoke. The camera zoomed in to show someone in a long dark cloak. As the camera zoomed in they looked up and the world learnt that it was the host, Geryn herself, who began to... I guess you call it singing? Anyway, she began...

Pick up your phone right now
And vote for who you want to
With so many songs
I'll help you to choose
The best country
To vote for

The background panels began to flicker, showing images of a row of hot guys all line up on a beach in the resort city of Myski, topless of course, along with flashes of colour, mostly those of the Norjihani flag. Lights began to flash on the stage and spotlights moved around rapidly, and the camera feed kept cutting madly as if it didn't quite know what to do. On the two pedestals on the lower stage the topless, well oiled drummers from earlier had return and were again doing their job magnificently.

Choose, choose, choose
Choose Norjihan
Choose, choose, choose
Choose Norjihan
Choose, choose, choose
Choose Norjihan
Choose, choose, choose

Choose Norjihan

So I get on stage and I'm like
You all suck
Your songwriters are terrible, fire them
And get somebody good like me
And just when I think that there is hope
There's not a single hot guy, eugh

Norjihan's so nice
So I'll say it twice
Norjihan's so nice
Norjihan's so nice

Norjihan's better
Than all the rest
So choose Norjihan
Better than the rest
Better than the rest
Oi!

Polkopia, Izmedu, Britonisea
They all wanna be like us, oh yes
Todlichebujoku and Mister X too
But no one can be better than us

So choose
Oooh...
Choose Norjihan
Oooh...
Choose Norjihan

So I'm walking through one of Norjihan's gorgeous cities
And I hear Kalosian tourists saying 'sto vivendu, sto vivendu'
Now, I don't know Kalosian so I can only presume sto vivendu means 'I f**king love Norjihan'
Right?

Norjihan's so nice
So I'll say it twice
Norjihan's so nice
Norjihan's so nice

Norjihan's better
Than all the rest
So choose Norjihan
Better than the rest
Better than the rest
Oi!

So choose
Oooh...
Choose Norjihan
Oooh...

In Norjihan, we speak Norgayhani
Which is the language of loooove
So I'll introduce you to a few words
They'll help you to win someday
Ok, here you go

Tel Duvemuz
Hajenired
Myski
Ags* Ronig
Tuuhajen
Ags Aulo

Ags is Norjihani for 'and', so obviously isn't a part of the city name

So choose
Oooh...
Choose Norjihan

Norjihan
Oooh...
Choose Norjihan

Norjihan
Ooooh...
Choose Norjihan
Norjihan
Ooooh...
Choose Norjihan
Choose Norjihan

Our trophy!
Last edited by Norjihan on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Norjihan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Norjihan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Kal made me reserve this post, I guess I'll find more guff to fill it with.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates