NATION

PASSWORD

The Event-IC [Character based RP]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:51 pm

Brandon Kiser

Looking at Alex for a second he couldn’t help but be speechless at what he had seen. Recovering from this shock he took a breath before saying “Alex you need to change back to how you were before your powers. Focus on your old male self.”
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Caroline Kiser

Caroline suddenly felt very squeamish. " I don't know what's going on, but I'm out." Caroline grabbed her coat and bag and hurried out the front door into the frosty air. What's going on? Everyone has seemingly changed, except for me. Carolien sighed. Why though? Why did Alex become a girl? How was Brandon able to drive carefully at those speeds. He's clumsy! And why did mother change?

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:54 am

Alexandra Kiser

Alex’s body had already begun to revert to its previous state when Brandon implored her to return to her state before the meteor shower, which he apparently either believed or knew to be the cause of her ‘powers’.

“I’ll try,” she said, closing her eyes in a reluctant attempt to focus.

Alex’s form began to shift again, but seemed almost to glitch as her form snapped back into the form she’d begun the day with. Alex gave a small grunt as she reluctantly tried again to appease Brandon, but as her form began to return to its original form it once again seemed to glitch and snap back.

“I can’t,” she sighed, “It’s not working. Besides, I’ve got to get to school.”

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:27 am

Brandon Kiser

Taking a breath he said “Alex you can’t go to school like... this. Would it help if you had a picture of yourself to look at?” Grabbing a family photo from three months prior he showed it to Alex and said “Try.”
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:21 am

Alexandra Kiser

“Well, if you think it’ll help,” Alex replied, “I’ll try again. But I really can’t be late for school if this fails.”

She placed her fingers on her temples as she focused on the picture from a few months before. Her form came closer to what was depicted in the picture, but once again seemed to glitch. Her form reverted, and she sighed.

“It’s no use,” Alex said monotonously, “Nothing’s working and there’s not much time left until school. If it makes you feel better I can at least change my clothes. But it doesn’t look like the rest of this is going anywhere.”

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:35 am

Brandon Kiser

“Alex you don’t understand. You can’t go to school as a girl. Listen either you at least reverse some of the more visible changes or... or I don’t know what to do. All I know is you can’t go outside like you are now.”

BlackDeath27
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby BlackDeath27 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:53 am

Thane attempted to let what happened last night seem as if it was a nightmare. He knew it was not one but he could not explain the pool of blood that he produced, but none of it was on him this morning. It was as if everything was an illusion. He wished everything would make since soon, until that day came he would finish high school and figure out what was happening to him.

Leaving earlier then usual the young man slid into his 09 lancer and made his way to the school football field. No one had showed up to the school yet thankfully. This was the chance he needed to test what he was able to do and what he could not. Standing in the middle of the field Thane attempted to make a tree grow on the away goal line from his mind. Nothing happened, he tried again and again with no success.

A bit disappointed he need to know how his abilities worked he knew he had something but what was it?

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm

January 31st, 2017

On this seemingly-typical northern-Indiana winter morning, Lucinda Murtaugh awoke from her peaceful slumber on schedule. Yet, while the premises were peaceful, with her son well-away at college and she being the only one in the house, Lucinda's mind was anything but. She still had a lot to work to do regarding tomorrow's city council meeting on the road's, especially with that sudden "meteor shower" last Friday causing more than a few nasty potholes in town. Yet, Lucinda wanted to start off her morning with a little positivity, and what better way to do that than give a call to one of her dearest friends: Eva Kiser.

She had heard from their shared friend Annie Peterson that Eva and her had gone on a smashing good shopping spree downtown yesterday. Supposedly, according to Annie in an exuberant phone call yesterday after the fact, Eva had a new kind of fun "spunk" to her that she hadn't ever seen before. This certainly took Lucinda aback; Eva was certainly a very pleasant woman, but no one could accurately describe her as "spunky." Rather, she was always very subdued and modest, often making comments about her many charity events, her children's school performance, her husband's stresses, or her baking prowess. Nothing out of the norm. Even in her school days, where Lucinda first met Eva as a youth, Eva was always very by the book. So was, in a way, Lucinda herself. There was only that one time that Lucinda could remember, near high school graduation in the basement of Eva's parent's house, where Eva had let out any sort of real spunk...

May 27th, 1985
"Luci, you know how my Dad has that gun in the garage, in the case?"
"Yeah, the one he said never to use. For emergencies only, he said. What about it? Did you hide it again?"
"No, no, not this time. I fired it."
"What?! You?"
"I took his gun yesterday, and, and, I went down to the gun range over uptown."
"..."
"Turns out I'm a good shot too."
"I thought you hated guns though."
"I thought so too. I do really. But.. but, how would I fire it in an emergency if I never practiced? So I, uh, tested it out. And let me tell you..."
"What?"
"It felt so strange. I... I felt like I was alive with that gun."
"Do- do you still have it with you?"
"Yeah I do. Di- did you want to try?"
"No! For Go-"
"I'm home! Where's my girls?"
"Shit, Eva it's your Dad!"
"Shit! Shit! Oh-"
"Quick give it to me..."

Lucinda shook her head and chuckled when remembering how the hell they got through that one. Lucinda ended up putting the gun under her dress, and while Eva distracted her father with pleasantries and an ice cold beer, she put it back in the case. Pretty memorable it was, I suppose, since it seemed so out of character for Eva. Lucinda couldn't remember Eva picking up a gun or doing anything of the sort again.

Lucinda then stopped reminiscing and picked up the phone next to her bed. She wanted to call Eva, and ask her about her shopping spree; had she bought THREE gray sweaters this time? She dialed Eva's number, and then waited as the ringer went on and on. Just when it seemed the phone was going to go to voicemail, Eva's line picked up and as such Lucinda went to speak.

"Hello, Eva! It's Lucinda. How are you doing this morning? Haven't seen you since tea last Friday, and just wanted to call; I heard you had quite a good day with Annie yesterday; she told me all about it."

Lucinda then waited for a response, and some clarification, before she went any further with her side of the discussion.
Last edited by Biscaria on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:13 am

"Oh, hi Luci!" Eva said, picking up the phone. Savitar's magic hadn't worked 100 %, but she was less than enthusiastic when answering, and she had a faint memory of dreaming about another big family argument, but this time she was angry at everyone but Esmeralda instead. She shook her head and tried to chase those thoughts away. It had been a silly dream that she didn't even remember, so remaining upset was just stupid.

"It's pretty good I guess, I woke up from your call..." She ran her fingers through her tangled hair and sat up halfway in bed, smiling slightly. "I thought you were a salesman first... Yes, Annie and I were out. All my old things were so grey and boring, so I decided to update my wardrobe entirely..." She giggled as she pondered weather to donate her ordinary wear to the church, or just throw it all away. She decided for church. Her personality was changed, but not entirely. A part of her still believed in helping the less fortunte.

Eva didn't think it was necessary to go into greater detail. Lucinda said that Annie already had told her about it, and she didn't hink it was the most important reason for the phone call.

"Anyway, how have you been? Noticed anything different since the meteors?"
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:48 am

Brandon Kiser

“Alex I’ve got to go to school. Just stay home and wait for mom to come down I guess. Tell her what happened. Keep trying to change back if you can. Really really try.” Turning to Esmeralda he said “I’m sorry for last night by the way sis.” Then he ran out after Rachel saying “You still need a ride?”

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:36 am

"Oh, I've been well, I assure you" replied Lucinda. "As for those meteors on Friday, well, I went to bed early that night, so I can't say I saw them fall. They certainly dinged up some of the the roads, however; we're going to discuss it at Wednesday's city council meeting. Come if you'd like to hear, but it probably won't be too interesting."

Lucinda paused then continued inquisitively.

"You know, Annie also said you had a new spunk to you yesterday. Said you seemed more lively than ever."

Her tone changed to jokingly.

"Ha, do you think it has anything to do with that meteor shower?"
Last edited by Biscaria on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:12 am

BlackDeath27 wrote:Thane attempted to let what happened last night seem as if it was a nightmare. He knew it was not one but he could not explain the pool of blood that he produced, but none of it was on him this morning. It was as if everything was an illusion. He wished everything would make since soon, until that day came he would finish high school and figure out what was happening to him.

Leaving earlier then usual the young man slid into his 09 lancer and made his way to the school football field. No one had showed up to the school yet thankfully. This was the chance he needed to test what he was able to do and what he could not. Standing in the middle of the field Thane attempted to make a tree grow on the away goal line from his mind. Nothing happened, he tried again and again with no success.

A bit disappointed he need to know how his abilities worked he knew he had something but what was it?

"What are you doing out here so early kid?" asked a voice behind Thane. When he turned he saw a man dressed in a tuxedo with white gloves, a top hat, and a silver skull mask. The man was leaning on a staff and shuffling a deck of cards.
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:43 am

"Funny you should ask, Luci. Yes, I actually do. I think the meteor event put me through a metamorphosis and made me a beautiful butterfly instead of the grey mouse I used to be. Frankly, I like the new me a lot better."

Lucinda couldn't see the way Eva grinned as she spoke, and maybe that was a good thing for her. It was hardly a human smile, but reminded more of the grimace a wolf made once it had a helpless caribou calf right in front of itself. Not that Eva considered her friends as prey, but she had woken up with a lust for blood. Some of it was definitely because of Savitar, but surprisingly much of it was actually from the sweet housewife's very own desire.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Lucinda was somewhat taken aback by Eva's candid response in the affirmative. The way Eva talked... her voice seemed younger to her. It was almost like it was when they were in high school, but more buoyant and confident, like she had been revitalized and reformed. However, Lucinda did not get ahead of herself. Perhaps Eva was simply going through a harmless midlife crisis, like when Annie dyed her hair purple for a month last year? Nevertheless, Lucinda could not help but be happy with her friend's newfound self-confidence.

"Well Eva, good for you! I'm not sure I understand the whole metamorphosis from the meteor thing, but I'm glad you are doing better. With this new spunk of yours, you'll have to take me shopping next time!"

She paused and then continued.

"That reminds me, Eva: would you be interested in some tea this afternoon? I've been dwelling so much on Wednesday's council meeting lately that I'm in need of a bit of leisure. It'd be fun, I assure you; I've already baked the scones! I could invite Annie; I'm sure she'd be up for it. And I could dust off old Mary Marks too; you know she always tells the best stories! I have a few stories of my own as well to share; did you know that Jeffrey- well, I digress. So what do you say? Would you come?"
Last edited by Biscaria on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Caroline Kiser

Caroline was halfway down the block before Brandon caught up to her. She held up a hand. " No, no, I don't. I'll be fine walking." She wrapped her coat tighter around herself and stuck the bottom half of her face inside the collar of the coat, picking up speed. The cold winter air blew her hair behind her in long strands and Caroline's face was already red.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Andrew Marks

Putting on a coat, some boats, getting his keys, Andrew stepped out the Front Door of his house rolling his shoulders, sighing. It was time for another day of cancer school, but he couldn't keep his mind straight. Especially hearing what he did last night, but of course looking at Brandon the same wouldn't be easy. Good God, more people than him had super powers. Now ain't that something?

Getting in his car, he pulled out the front drive way and put on some music while drinking some coffee he made. Andrew was in an interesting mood today, it was somewhere between "Sleepy" and "Bitch with an attitude". Of course, he was too nice to just go off on someone randomly. However, the edge was way to real today as he got on the rode to school. It wasn't what he called a pleasant mood, but whatever you know?

Sometime on his way to school, he saw a familiar figure walking to school. It was........Caroline? Now that was a surprise, among others he suppose. He slowed down, and rolled the window down. "Yo Carolie!" he shouted out. "Why ain't you ridding with Brandon?"
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:59 am

Brandon Kiser

Brandon got in his truck and headed for school. Today he didn’t need to pick up Sarah so he made his way directly towards the school. Arriving he got out and headed inside where he walked to the band hall and put away his trumpet in his locker. Following that he went back into the commons he sat at the usual table and waited for Andrew.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:39 am

Biscaria wrote:Lucinda was somewhat taken aback by Eva's candid response in the affirmative. The way Eva talked... her voice seemed younger to her. It was almost like it was when they were in high school, but more buoyant and confident, like she had been revitalized and reformed. However, Lucinda did not get ahead of herself. Perhaps Eva was simply going through a harmless midlife crisis, like when Annie dyed her hair purple for a month last year? Nevertheless, Lucinda could not help but be happy with her friend's newfound self-confidence.

"Well Eva, good for you! I'm not sure I understand the whole metamorphosis from the meteor thing, but I'm glad you are doing better. With this new spunk of yours, you'll have to take me shopping next time!"

She paused and then continued.

"That reminds me, Eva: would you be interested in some tea this afternoon? I've been dwelling so much on Wednesday's council meeting lately that I'm in need of a bit of leisure. It'd be fun, I assure you; I've already baked the scones! I could invite Annie; I'm sure she'd be up for it. And I could dust off old Mary Marks too; you know she always tells the best stories! I have a few stories of my own as well to share; did you know that Jeffrey- well, I digress. So what do you say? Would you come?"

"Sure, why not? I'll come! Invite all of them if you like." Eva forced herself a smile in order to sound happier. She wasn't as keen on tea as she used to, but she figured that it at least was something to do after the tattoo she would do before that. Besides, she could always bring a flask along to spice up the hot beverage. There would still be time to call her unknown "burglar" after meeting with her old girlfriends.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Andrew Marks

Putting on a coat, some boats, getting his keys, Andrew stepped out the Front Door of his house rolling his shoulders, sighing. It was time for another day of cancer school, but he couldn't keep his mind straight. Especially hearing what he did last night, but of course looking at Brandon the same wouldn't be easy. Good God, more people than him had super powers. Now ain't that something?

Getting in his car, he pulled out the front drive way and put on some music while drinking some coffee he made. Andrew was in an interesting mood today, it was somewhere between "Sleepy" and "Bitch with an attitude". Of course, he was too nice to just go off on someone randomly. However, the edge was way to real today as he got on the rode to school. It wasn't what he called a pleasant mood, but whatever you know?

Sometime on his way to school, he saw a familiar figure walking to school. It was........Caroline? Now that was a surprise, among others he suppose. He slowed down, and rolled the window down. "Yo Carolie!" he shouted out. "Why ain't you ridding with Brandon?"

Caroline Kiser

Caroline picked up speed after Brandon left, her scarf wrapped around the lower portion of her face, a hat pulled on her head, and her jeans sticking out of the bottom of her coat. The girl shivered and hugged herself, burrying her face into coat and staring at the ground. Jesus I hate the cold. I should've taken a ride.

Just then, a familiar voice called out to her. Caroline looked up and waved slightly. " Hey Andrew. How are you?" Caroline shivered once more. " Things were complicated with Brandon yesterday, just taking a break from one another."

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Hothnia wrote:
Alaroma wrote:
Andrew Marks

Sometime on his way to school, he saw a familiar figure walking to school. It was........Caroline? Now that was a surprise, among others he suppose. He slowed down, and rolled the window down. "Yo Caroline!" he shouted out. "Why ain't you ridding with Brandon?"

Caroline Kiser

Caroline picked up speed after Brandon left, her scarf wrapped around the lower portion of her face, a hat pulled on her head, and her jeans sticking out of the bottom of her coat. The girl shivered and hugged herself, burrying her face into coat and staring at the ground. Jesus I hate the cold. I should've taken a ride.

Just then, a familiar voice called out to her. Caroline looked up and waved slightly. " Hey Andrew. How are you?" Caroline shivered once more. " Things were complicated with Brandon yesterday, just taking a break from one another."

Andrew Marks

Andrew knew that Brandon, and his sister's relationship were strange at times, though what Brandon could have done to drive Caroline to walking instead of taking a ride was beyond him. Maybe him being a Southern boy from Texas, and an unnatural hatred for the cold. Or, anything under 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

This point was driven home as he saw the now red faced girl, shivering as she hugged herself presumably to retain warmth. Or the fact she was looking down, which again was something typical of someone freezing their ass off. Almost reminded him of winter games, when the cold was madding but he had to go out and play regardless. Of course that only got worse when he moved to Indiana.

"God, I hate the North." he thought to himself bitterly. It made the point of him thinking "the Goddamn Yankees" could live in weather like this, every fucking winter. His parents moved up to Pennsylvania for 6 years before he was born, but ultimately came down south into Texas because of his father's job. He only heard two things about it, how close all the major cities were, and how shit the weather was. No he got a taste of it.......yay.

"Ahhh, I see." He said, feeling a little bad for the girl. "You need a ride? You'll have a cold by the time you get to school in this weather." He asked. He figured she would have preferred to have a ride, especially in this weather. And it would have been a bit rude not to offer as she was obviously freezing at the moment.
Last edited by Alaroma on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Barapam wrote:
Biscaria wrote:

"Sure, why not? I'll come! Invite all of them if you like." Eva forced herself a smile in order to sound happier. She wasn't as keen on tea as she used to, but she figured that it at least was something to do after the tattoo she would do before that. Besides, she could always bring a flask along to spice up the hot beverage. There would still be time to call her unknown "burglar" after meeting with her old girlfriends.

"How wonderful! And I must say It's been good talking to you; I hope the rest of your day goes well. As for me, I think I'll get to inviting Mary and Annie to the party; of course It'll be at our normal time: 3:30 in the afternoon. And feel free to bring a little something extra as well!
See you then!"

She waited for Eva's valediction, and when she received it Lucinda started about with her activities. Firstly, she called Mary Marks. After calling three times, Mary's phone finally picked up.

"Hello Mary, it's Lucinda. I hope you and Andrew are doing well. Listen, I'm having tea at my house this afternoon, and I wanted to know if you'd like to attend? I'm inviting Eva and Annie as well, and I just baked yesterday those scones you are so fond of! So, what do you say?"
Last edited by Biscaria on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Caroline Kiser

Caroline breathed into her hands before sticking back underneath her armpits. " Yes please, if it's not too much of a problem." Upon receiving his affirmative, Caroline opened up the door to his vehicle and quickly hopped inside, sticking her backpack between her legs. She quickly closed the door and took off her scarf. " Thanks Andrew. I'm freezing my ass off out there." Caroline sat a little uncomfortably, a bit unsure of what to say. Although she knew Andrew, she didn't really know him. All she knew him as was Brandon's friend. They had exchanged a few words every now and then, but nothing serious. Caroline stuck her hands between her thighs and leaned forward, glancing outside.

Mary Marks

Mary awoke to the sound of the phone ringing. The older lady crawled out of bed and picked up the phone, grunting. " Hallo? Who is this?" After hearing the younger lady speak for a bit, Mary sighed. She really didn't want to go but it would be rude to refuse. " Sure! I'll be glad to be there. See you then!"

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Andrew Marks

As the car got into motion, he said "No problem." in response to her as he got the car moving again. He shivered a little at the cold that had came in the car. Sighing, he enjoyed the ride because, well, it sucked ass when he had to be driven places. There was an amount of time where Brandon had to pick him up, but eh, he could do it himself now.

He glanced over a Caroline, who was now looking out the window. He decided he should start a little conversation to be friendly. "So, how's swimming going? Your swimming coach a good one?" He asked, deeming that was a safe topic as they came up to a stop light, a car then speeding past as the other light went Green. "Damn my good sir, why does thou speed?" he thought to himself in a cheesy 16th century English accent.

That also got him thinking on Caroline's English accent, which he had no fucking clue how that happened. Something told him he didint want to know, but Andrew did want to know, just not at this exact time. Eh, what could you do?
-Nuverkikstan

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:54 pm

The Pyromaniac watched as the house burned bright red, the screaming had stopped ten minutes ago. As he watched he began to laugh hysterically, but suddenly stopped and assumed a blank expression for a couple seconds before laughing again.

The flames where so beautiful, the way they danced entranced him.

Turning to the truck (An older Ford model) he let loose a river of flames with the force of a rocket blast off sending the truck sliding back a dozen yards and leaving it engulfed in flames.

Chuckling he began the 45 minute walk home.
Lover of doggos

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:50 pm

After getting off the phone with Mary, following her acceptance, Lucinda then called Annie. Once Annie agreed to come to the party, everything was all set; the tea was on.

The shower beckoned, and Lucinda soon cleaned and dressed herself in preparation for going out. Looking in her closet, she decided to wear a heavy grey shirt and thick black pants; a suitable choice when considering the fact that she would be wearing a coat while outside anyways. After eating a quick breakfast, Lucinda put on her beige winter coat and matching beige beret along with her customary winter boots. After looking in the mirror, and finding herself satisfied with her appearance, Lucinda left her house, locked the door, and headed for the car; a Subaru Impreza.

Once inside, she turned on the heated seats and pulled out of the driveway with the destination of downtown. As she went over the Jefferson Boulevard Bridge, Lucinda began to hear the sounds of fire engines and could faintly see smoke coming from the neighborhood past downtown. Lucinda shook her head, as if the unfortunate events somewhere else in South Bend threatened to ruin her present good mood. Yet, it did not, and she continued driving into the thick of the city.

After all, Lucinda had much to do. She had to go to the grocer, the bank, the cleaners... everything had to be perfect for this afternoon for the sake of mental health. Of course, the trip wasn't all for leisure-based errands; she had to drop off some papers at city hall that she had left in her car over the weekend. But once she got that out of the way, she hoped to be able to do with the day what she pleased.
Last edited by Biscaria on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse