NATION

PASSWORD

Ewe Herd? Blaat's Been Called Baa-ck to TET Mother Sheep

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26338
Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:39 pm

So I've finally got round to watching Rick and Morty. What a fucking trip. I love it.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

User avatar
Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54209
Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:50 pm

Auremena wrote:So I've finally got round to watching Rick and Morty. What a fucking trip. I love it.

There's a thread for it if you're interested.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

User avatar
Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26338
Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:55 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Auremena wrote:So I've finally got round to watching Rick and Morty. What a fucking trip. I love it.
There's a thread for it if you're interested.
Idk how much I'll actually discuss it beyond how incredibly creative it is. Makes me feel like a kid again, but with enough ridiculousness to keep adult me glued to the screen.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

User avatar
Vassenor
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 71112
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:59 pm

Auremena wrote:So I've finally got round to watching Rick and Morty. What a fucking trip. I love it.


So how long before you're threatening McDonalds people for a twenty year old promotional item?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN♀

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

User avatar
Immoren
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65025
Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:04 am

Vassenor wrote:
Auremena wrote:So I've finally got round to watching Rick and Morty. What a fucking trip. I love it.


So how long before you're threatening McDonalds people for a twenty year old promotional item?


Two hours and 10+17i minutes.
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

User avatar
Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26338
Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:06 am

Vassenor wrote:
Auremena wrote:So I've finally got round to watching Rick and Morty. What a fucking trip. I love it.
So how long before you're threatening McDonalds people for a twenty year old promotional item?
No idea, I'm still in season one.
I'm assuming it's the sriracha thing that's a massive deal right now, was that during Mulan? I remember the happy meal toys from then but not a sauce. Specifically at the Boise airport, trying to remember if that was the BAe146 to Denver.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

User avatar
USS Monitor
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 31078
Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:08 am

Genivaria wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:It could have been worse, Genivaria's step-father could have been locked up in Maricopa County in Arizona.

Oh dear god no. :o
....thankfully that's apparently not possible.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loc ... 748348001/


Ooh, good news! :lol:
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
My president is defective. Can I exchange him for store credit?

User avatar
Costa Fierro
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19902
Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:36 am

"Real change would come if the working classes didn't bother supporting the rich and influential through labour and taxation." When the fuck did I become a communist?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

User avatar
Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar
 
Posts: 47825
Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:59 am

Costa Fierro wrote:"Real change would come if the working classes didn't bother supporting the rich and influential through labour and taxation." When the fuck did I become a communist?


Pass through any re-education camps lately? Have a particularly enjoyable conversation in a long supermarket queue when you went in only to pick up a loaf of bread?
Furthermore, I consider that feminism must be destroyed.

User avatar
Aromanticism
Diplomat
 
Posts: 706
Founded: Mar 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aromanticism » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:08 am

It's my birthday tomorrow my time!!
⚧ Gender and sex aren't the same thing. ⚧
Female, 19, atheist and an aromantic asexual. Openly asexual, but a closeted aromantic outside of the internet. Call me Aro. :)
I'm Australian, but I no longer care for Australian politics anymore.
"Give the fair-goers what they want! FOOOOOOOOD!" -- My reason for living in a nutshell.

User avatar
Dylar
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7071
Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dylar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:20 am

Aromanticism wrote:It's my birthday tomorrow my time!!

Happy early B-day! :hug:
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44073
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:20 am

Immoren wrote:Weather like this makes me wish I had a car of my own.

Just be glad you can afford an umbrella. You can afford to buy an umbrella, right?


“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

User avatar
Immoren
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 65025
Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:28 am

Hurdergaryp wrote:
Immoren wrote:Weather like this makes me wish I had a car of my own.

Just be glad you can afford an umbrella. You can afford to buy an umbrella, right?


I prefer rain poncho.
Although when I stepped outside after making previous post, rain had reduced to such a light aerosol like thing that I didn't bother even with that because my normal jacket was enough of insulation. That trip was waste of time.

Aromanticism wrote:It's my birthday tomorrow my time!!


Something happening that you need to announce it day early? :p
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

User avatar
The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10526
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:30 am

Auremena wrote:
Vassenor wrote:So how long before you're threatening McDonalds people for a twenty year old promotional item?
No idea, I'm still in season one.
I'm assuming it's the sriracha thing that's a massive deal right now, was that during Mulan? I remember the happy meal toys from then but not a sauce. Specifically at the Boise airport, trying to remember if that was the BAe146 to Denver.


Szechuan sauce, and yes, it was a Mulan promotional item. The last season of Rick and Morty has what I believe was an off-the-cuff remark to the McDonalds sauce. The McDonalds version was probably a mix between Spicy BBQ and sweet n sour or a rough approximate - real Szechuan sauce is a very spicy pepper sauce while the McDonalds version was more akin to a sweet teriyaki.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

User avatar
Aromanticism
Diplomat
 
Posts: 706
Founded: Mar 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aromanticism » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:30 am

Immoren wrote:
Hurdergaryp wrote:Just be glad you can afford an umbrella. You can afford to buy an umbrella, right?


I prefer rain poncho.
Although when I stepped outside after making previous post, rain had reduced to such a light aerosol like thing that I didn't bother even with that because my normal jacket was enough of insulation. That trip was waste of time.

Aromanticism wrote:It's my birthday tomorrow my time!!


Something happening that you need to announce it day early? :p


Food!!!
⚧ Gender and sex aren't the same thing. ⚧
Female, 19, atheist and an aromantic asexual. Openly asexual, but a closeted aromantic outside of the internet. Call me Aro. :)
I'm Australian, but I no longer care for Australian politics anymore.
"Give the fair-goers what they want! FOOOOOOOOD!" -- My reason for living in a nutshell.

User avatar
Greater Redosia
Minister
 
Posts: 3427
Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:32 am

Yay for me, currently in business law class and doing my project. It's due tomorrow because I was too lazy to do it over the weekend. :'D wish me luck.

User avatar
Dylar
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7071
Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dylar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:33 am

Greater Redosia wrote:Yay for me, currently in business law class and doing my project. It's due tomorrow because I was too lazy to do it over the weekend. :'D wish me luck.

But if I wish you luck, I could jinx the whole damn thing...um...mediocre luck? Does that work?
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

User avatar
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 23097
Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:42 am

Greater Redosia wrote:Yay for me, currently in business law class and doing my project. It's due tomorrow because I was too lazy to do it over the weekend. :'D wish me luck.

Was jurisdiction are you in? Business law is a bitch. Too little real justice, more a financial system. However, there are some interesting bits here and there, especially legal economics.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 138142
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:43 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Auremena wrote:No idea, I'm still in season one.
I'm assuming it's the sriracha thing that's a massive deal right now, was that during Mulan? I remember the happy meal toys from then but not a sauce. Specifically at the Boise airport, trying to remember if that was the BAe146 to Denver.


Szechuan sauce, and yes, it was a Mulan promotional item. The last season of Rick and Morty has what I believe was an off-the-cuff remark to the McDonalds sauce. The McDonalds version was probably a mix between Spicy BBQ and sweet n sour or a rough approximate - real Szechuan sauce is a very spicy pepper sauce while the McDonalds version was more akin to a sweet teriyaki.

We americans put sugar into everything, to our ever lasting shame.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

User avatar
Aromanticism
Diplomat
 
Posts: 706
Founded: Mar 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aromanticism » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:45 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:
Szechuan sauce, and yes, it was a Mulan promotional item. The last season of Rick and Morty has what I believe was an off-the-cuff remark to the McDonalds sauce. The McDonalds version was probably a mix between Spicy BBQ and sweet n sour or a rough approximate - real Szechuan sauce is a very spicy pepper sauce while the McDonalds version was more akin to a sweet teriyaki.

We americans put sugar into everything, to our ever lasting shame.


And to your expanding waistlines. :P
⚧ Gender and sex aren't the same thing. ⚧
Female, 19, atheist and an aromantic asexual. Openly asexual, but a closeted aromantic outside of the internet. Call me Aro. :)
I'm Australian, but I no longer care for Australian politics anymore.
"Give the fair-goers what they want! FOOOOOOOOD!" -- My reason for living in a nutshell.

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor
 
Posts: 215526
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:51 am

Wanting a Frisco breakfast sandwich from Hardees. Sith Lord won't wake up. Mutiny is at hand!
≽^•⩊•^≼Bidh a h-uile dad a tha agus a bha, a sguir a bhith…-
Ye furry factbook. ≽^•⩊•^≼

Also: THERNSY!!
֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
The BlAAtschApen
Technical Moderator
 
Posts: 65973
Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The BlAAtschApen » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:51 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:
Szechuan sauce, and yes, it was a Mulan promotional item. The last season of Rick and Morty has what I believe was an off-the-cuff remark to the McDonalds sauce. The McDonalds version was probably a mix between Spicy BBQ and sweet n sour or a rough approximate - real Szechuan sauce is a very spicy pepper sauce while the McDonalds version was more akin to a sweet teriyaki.

We americans put sugar into everything, to our ever lasting shame.


I blame Americans for fat sheep D:
The Blaatschapen should resign
Dark Theme users won't see this line.

I don't believe in the market economy, I'm a sheep, not a little piggy.

User avatar
Aromanticism
Diplomat
 
Posts: 706
Founded: Mar 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aromanticism » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:52 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Wanting a Frisco breakfast sandwich from Hardees. Sith Lord won't wake up. Mutiny is at hand!


You're part of the problem, Nana.
⚧ Gender and sex aren't the same thing. ⚧
Female, 19, atheist and an aromantic asexual. Openly asexual, but a closeted aromantic outside of the internet. Call me Aro. :)
I'm Australian, but I no longer care for Australian politics anymore.
"Give the fair-goers what they want! FOOOOOOOOD!" -- My reason for living in a nutshell.

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor
 
Posts: 215526
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:54 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:We americans put sugar into everything, to our ever lasting shame.


I blame Americans for fat sheep D:


I blame the Dutch for being Dutch.
≽^•⩊•^≼Bidh a h-uile dad a tha agus a bha, a sguir a bhith…-
Ye furry factbook. ≽^•⩊•^≼

Also: THERNSY!!
֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44073
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:54 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:We americans put sugar into everything, to our ever lasting shame.

I blame Americans for fat sheep D:

If only because that is so much easier than holding sheep accountable for their own dietary deeds.


“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads