NATION

PASSWORD

The Settlement (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Terintania wrote:
Helowi wrote:For Suppliers he finds them through work, for Scavengers he asks around.

Perhaps we could have your character asking my character to join in the IC

Yeah, I'll write some dialogue for that.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Helowi wrote:Group Application
Group Name: Scavengers & Suppliers for the Better of the Settlement (I'll come up with a better name if I can)
Group Type: Scavengers & Suppliers
Number of Members: currently only me, however more are welcome
Group History: founded by Anthony Kerry fairly recently, Kerry founded it because he wanted to make sure that him and other Scavengers & Suppliers would be safe from other creatures & people outside of the settlement. There isn't really that much history about the group since it just started.

Accepted, by the way :P
Times are looking grim these days~

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vietmihn » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:55 pm

I can post in the IC as of now, right?

Just want to make sure.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Vietmihn wrote:I can post in the IC as of now, right?

Just want to make sure.

Yeah

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Scavengers/suppliers, just note you can only leave the settlement on days when the storms are more mellow, or you'll just get hit by lightning. Today is not currently one of those days :P

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vietmihn » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Terintania wrote:Scavengers/suppliers, just note you can only leave the settlement on days when the storms are more mellow, or you'll just get hit by lightning. Today is not currently one of those days :P

Okay.
:shock:

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Vietmihn wrote:
Terintania wrote:Scavengers/suppliers, just note you can only leave the settlement on days when the storms are more mellow, or you'll just get hit by lightning. Today is not currently one of those days :P

Okay.
:shock:

The lightning rods keep the settlement safe. But the area around the settlement is just open ground, thus making any people out there the only target for lightning strikes.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:39 pm

Two things, Applepieistan. One, I don't know if the teenagers even use the warehouse yet, and if they do, it might not be widely known. You'd have to ask Corrian about that.
Two, Falcon isn't part of that group yet, so regardless, hanging around the warehouse wouldn't help Erin keep an eye on him.

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vietmihn » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:45 pm

Terintania wrote:Two things, Applepieistan. One, I don't know if the teenagers even use the warehouse yet, and if they do, it might not be widely known. You'd have to ask Corrian about that.
Two, Falcon isn't part of that group yet, so regardless, hanging around the warehouse wouldn't help Erin keep an eye on him.

Also, whoever does that union like thingy, it isn't the best idea to ask personal details and then ask if they want to join some random group.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Terintania wrote:Two things, Applepieistan. One, I don't know if the teenagers even use the warehouse yet, and if they do, it might not be widely known. You'd have to ask Corrian about that.

Falcon isn’t part of the group, but I’d expect him to be near other people his age, ie, Mikaela and friends.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Helowi, you should probably use some actual dialogue for your post. Have your character say things, rather than just explaining that he is saying things.

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:07 pm

Alright, I'll try to do that for posts in the future and try to edit my current posts.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:10 pm

Helowi wrote:Alright, I'll try to do that for posts in the future and try to edit my current posts.

I appreciate it. It just kinda give the other person more to work with, and gives your character more personality

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:15 pm

Terintania wrote:
Helowi wrote:Alright, I'll try to do that for posts in the future and try to edit my current posts.

I appreciate it. It just kinda give the other person more to work with, and gives your character more personality

Alright, I understand now. I just edited my last post to be more of him talking.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:18 pm

I really hope my new character doesn't find out what's in today's soup :P

Helowi
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Vietmihn wrote:

Also, whoever does that union like thingy, it isn't the best idea to ask personal details and then ask if they want to join some random group.

It isn't really a union. And about the questions thing, he's very socially awkward so he gets kind of jittery and doesn't really talk to anyone outside of work that often. I also think he may just be doing that because he doesn't wanna waste time and tell people about this group of there not really scavengers.
Last edited by Helowi on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:28 pm

With the group, I plan on having them start things in my first post...So no, nobody would know about it yet, nor would they really after my post either because it is JUST getting started. Still looks like a dump.

Also none of them I think even fully met Falcon yet, except maybe very briefly.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:16 pm

I edited my post to patrolling residential areas instead of the warehouse.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Terintania wrote:I really hope my new character doesn't find out what's in today's soup :P

-whistles suspiciously-
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Name: Just goes by 'Ryder'
Appearance:

Group: None
Traits:
-Persuasive
-Endurant
Strengths: Is generally pretty calm about things, even if things go wrong, with the exception of when something triggers a panic attack. Is fiercely protective about people he cares about, and becomes a lot harder to subdue when the life of said people is at stake.
Weaknesses:He's really quite unlucky, and has a tendency to end up in bad situations, and/or injured. Aside from that, he sometimes has bad days, both mentally and physically, regarding past injuries or experiences. Can be prone to panic attacks at times.
Skills: Knows some martial arts, can do tricks with his butterfly knife, and is a pretty good cook. He also knows how to make alcohol, even if it doesn't exactly taste good, and is a decent shot. Also has a little knowledge about sewing.
Bio: Ryder's bad luck started basically from he was born. There existed a group that decided to take charge when the world went to hell. They rounded up 'weaker' people and used them as slaves, putting collars on them and hurting them if they didn't do what they were asked. Ryder was born to a woman who was one of these slaves, which basically made him born a slave. Originally, the leaders wanted to abandon him to the wastes, but they realized the uprising that would cause among the slaves, so he was allowed to grow up and serve, and for a while, that was all he knew from life. But as he got older, he heard the other slaves whispering, and he slowly came to realize that the way things were was a bad thing, and he wanted to help get his mother out. When he was 8, he got his wish, but by no accomplishment of his own. A tornado came through, scattering and killing the slaves and the masters. He and his mom managed to escape with a group of other slaves, who stuck together, quickly learning how to survive out in the wastelands. They kept on the move for a few years, until disaster struck again, when he was 13. A fire started in their camp. They never did figure out how, but the group was sepperated and scattered. He lost track of his mom, but managed to find one of the other previous slaves. They stuck together for a while, but they didn't get along. The slave he'd ended up with was rude, and refused to help him look for him mom, saying it was pointless and that she was dead. They stuck together for about 2 years, before one day the other just left, abandoning Ryder to survive on his own. Lost and alone, he stumbled across a group of bandits, who didn't exactly greet him kindly. They attacked him and beat him, before taking him prisoner and keeping him to basically just torture when they got bored. But when he seemed to kinda just accept his fate without much of a fight, they actually felt sorta bad for him. So they offered for him to join them. When he gave a flat 'no', they just dumped him in the wastes to do his thing. Which his thing was basically just not knowing what he was doing with his life, and getting himself into various situations of trouble. One of which was getting attacked by some random crazy person, the scars of which encounter are still visible on his face and neck. Another example of which was him getting attacked by a hungry wolf. Plus side of that encounter was that he managed to kill the wolf, which then became his dinner. There were other various situations which ended in him being injured, and as life went on, he just kind accepted that he had terrible luck and just kinda accepted when things happened. Recently, his luck has changed a bit. With no recent encounters of the bad kind, he also found a small kitten, which seemed to be alone and abandoned. He immediately fell in love with it's tiny adorableness, and took it with him, caring for it. He gave it the name 'charm', as in her being his lucky charm. Shortly later, he stumbled across the settlement, and became a resident. He's been living here for about a week now, so he's still pretty new.
Weapons:
-compound bow and arrows.
-Colt Python with two clips of ammo.
-butterfly knife.
Supplies
-Not really a 'supply', but he has a tiny kitten he found.

-first aid kit, filled with sort of home-made bandages, small vials of strong alcohol for disinfecting, a needle, some thread, and some matches.
-Food for his kitten
-A small pouch with an open top that he wears on his hip, which he uses to carry his kitten around if he has to take it somewhere.
-Small brush
-Some clothes
-Roughly sewn little jacket for his kitten, for when it gets really cold.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:19 pm

Sorry guys, going to have to back out of this one. Just not feeling inspired to write for one character in a sea.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:26 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Sorry guys, going to have to back out of this one. Just not feeling inspired to write for one character in a sea.

Aw

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:27 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Sorry guys, going to have to back out of this one. Just not feeling inspired to write for one character in a sea.

:(
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:43 pm

Helowi wrote:Group Application
Group Name: Scavengers & Suppliers for the Better of the Settlement (I'll come up with a better name if I can)
Group Type: Scavengers & Suppliers
Number of Members: currently only me, however more are welcome
Group History: founded by Anthony Kerry fairly recently, Kerry founded it because he wanted to make sure that him and other Scavengers & Suppliers would be safe from other creatures & people outside of the settlement. There isn't really that much history about the group since it just started.

Edi would join this, probably be good to one, if not the best hunter in the Settlement in the group.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:22 pm

Better free up that guard position then.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse