NATION

PASSWORD

TEDESI Civilization Index [DO NOT POST]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Alusi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

TEDESI Civilization Index [DO NOT POST]

Postby Alusi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:16 pm

TEDESI Civilization Index

Made by Image Alusi

Oh wow another magical civilization index has spawned out of nowhere on the NationStates Forums! You now must travel to the far, far lands of Indexlandia and talk to the great Wizards! They will then guide you on a perilous journey to find your Nation's Civilization Ranking! Now go on young one! Lead your nation to greatness!

The TEDESI Civilization Index is an index built to rate your people and your nation's society on a pre-defined scale. There are 6 different Ranking Scales that determine your nation's Index Number. There are two outputs your nation receives - Index Number, Rank-Identifier Numbers.

Index number (IN) is the number that gets generated after a mathematical equation is used to find this. The equation uses the Ranks from the Ranking Scales to determine the index number. The range for the index number is from -1 to 1.
  • When the IN has reached 1, this means that your nation has achieved almost god-like level citizens and there is a small chance of further growth.
  • However, then the IN is -1, this means that your nation's people are at rock bottom, so much so they don't even know what a rock is. This means that there is absolutely no technological advancement, human development (in relation to HDI) and other... err... horrible, horrible things. An IN this low is usually not good because this means that if there was ever any future growth, it would be in the wrong direction.
  • If the IN is 0 this means that your nation is growing, however, civilization isn't really that advanced. There is room for growth though!

Rank-Identifier Numbers (RIN) is the number that is generated after each rank is given. This is done after all of the Ranking Scales have been assessed. The Ranking Scales are six different scales, each with their own ranks. Lower, does not mean worse... and neither does higher. The six scales include:
  • Technology (the amount of technology being used)
  • Development (the amount of technology, ideas, methods, etc being created/invented/found)
  • Education (The knowledge and intellectual capabilities of the civilization as a whole)
  • Spirituality (The amount/part of society that believes in a region and how much influence it has on daily life)
  • Influence (How much of an impact the civilization has on surrounding civilizations/groups)
  • Economy (The productivity and economic output of a society)
The RIN is then arranged in a certain fashion. Using the proper identifier, others can know what scale your RIN was based off of. The Identifier for this scale is (a-TEDESI). More info on that later.

But for now, lets move on to the next step.

Changelog:
# Changelog
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.

The format is based on [Keep a Changelog](http://keepachangelog.com/en/1.0.0/)
and this project adheres to [Semantic Versioning](http://semver.org/spec/v2.0.0.html).

## [Whats Next]
- Work on the next scales (Development, Economy, Spirituality, Influence)
- Revise Grammatical Errors
- Improve Formatting

## [0.2] - 2017-09-19
### Added
- Education Scale
- Neat little logo

### Changed
- Elaborated on Intro
- Updated Technology Rank Scale

## [0.1] - 2017-09-18
### Added
- Introduction to "a-TEDESI"
- Explaination of "a-TEDESI"
- Technology Rank Scale
Last edited by Alusi on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,
and yet I am still let down.
More funding for adaptive education (EX: XQ), funding for military, funding for IT Industry and Government funded Scientific advancement, Police needs to be a branch of the military, you can a own a gun if you are military, police, or a citizen with a licence given to only those without any criminal charges, and THE ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION OF POLITICAL PARTIES!
War going on? No problem! Call 1-800-555-9151 to get your opponent's leader assassinated! You save more when you bundle: 2 for the price of one! Buy now!
Join the United Alliance of Nations (UAN) today! Free food :3 The extreme lack of war!
We have a Pact and a World Map...

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Rank Scale 1: Technology
This Rank Scale measures the amount of technology within your nation. Generally, this Scale should be based off of Role-Playing Stats as it is hard to do so otherwise. This type of technology can be anything from the amount of technology used, the technology already developed, and so on. The scale is below:

Rank 0 - Origins
This rank is the starting point for all nations. There is no technology that exists within the nation. Tools are non-existent, life is basic, and the concept of technology has not yet been thought of. The people existing within this civilization are incapable of coming close to developing a modern-day computer and are just discovering their surroundings.

Rank 1 - Craftsmen
This rank is for those nations with simple tools. They are able to create durable tools for hunting, gathering, etc. Clothes and homes are common. Speech and language has been developed. Basic weapons have been developed. The people existing within this civilization are incapable of coming close to developing a modern-day computer and have a vague understanding of their surroundings.

Rank 2 - World Explorers
This rank is for those nations interested in the world around them. Simple or cruel scientific instruments are used. Navigational Instruments have been created. There is an understanding of mathematics and a vague understanding of science. An actual national government has been made and is considered sovereign. Methods of communications are slow and sometimes not efficient. The government may or may not start to set up colonies in other regions of the planet. Firearms are common and are manufactured across the nation. The people existing within this civilization are incapable of coming close to developing a modern-day computer and have a reasonable understanding of their surroundings.

Rank 3 - New World Manufacturers
This rank is for those nations that focus on industry and machines. New technological advancements are being used to replace manual labor or make it easier. Science is a part of life and different technologies are becoming more common in households and work environments. Communication is now easier but is still somewhat slow. Commerce is improved due to technological advancements. The government may start to set up colonies in other regions of the planet. Firearms are common and explosives are manufactured across the nation. A well developed military has been established. The people existing within this civilization are incapable of coming close to developing a modern-day computer.

Rank 4 - Electric Enthusiasts
This rank is for those nations with some sort of trans-national power grid that covers most of the nation. Power is common in homes and businesses. Science now is interested in outer space and other unexplored regions around the world. Communication is now faster but sometimes cumbersome. Faster, more accurate firearms are being manufactured. Deadlier explosives are common. Nuclear warheads and other bombs/missiles for military uses are developed. Transportation is not only easy for citizens to get from one side of the nation to the other, they are able to travel to other countries (but slowly). The people existing within this civilization are somewhat capable of coming close to developing a modern-day computer.

Rank 5 - Inter-World Explorers (MT)
This rank is for those nations with a keen interest in outer space. Computers have been developed and are starting to be widely used, as power is common across the country. Colonies are either being set up or in the works of being set up. Communication is almost instant; wireless networking capabilities are efficient. Transportation is fast and cheaper. Nuclear warheads are nearly perfect and the military is fully capable.

Rank 6 - New Civilizations
This rank is for those nations who have fully colonized other planets or parts of space. Computers are as fast as humans, and bio-technology is being developed. Communication is instant and always works. Transportation is instant. Warheads more powerful than Nuclear weapons are available.

Rank 7 - GOD MODE
There isn't even a description for this level of tech... its just that advanced.

Not all ranks are set in stone! If you are on the fence you can feel free to choose whichever one!
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,
More funding for adaptive education (EX: XQ), funding for military, funding for IT Industry and Government funded Scientific advancement, Police needs to be a branch of the military, you can a own a gun if you are military, police, or a citizen with a licence given to only those without any criminal charges, and THE ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION OF POLITICAL PARTIES!
War going on? No problem! Call 1-800-555-9151 to get your opponent's leader assassinated! You save more when you bundle: 2 for the price of one! Buy now!
Join the United Alliance of Nations (UAN) today! Free food :3 The extreme lack of war!

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Rank Scale 2: Education
This Rank Scale measures the average knowledge and intellectual abilities of each citizen within your nation. The Education Ranking Scale should be based off of the WA Stats Education Spending, Intelligence etc. The Ranking can also be based off of RP Stats if you wish. The scale is below:

Rank 0 - New Around Here
This rank is for those nations who citizens who barely know anything. They have a hard time writing their names, don't know the nation's alphabet, and don't even know what a government is. The government may have to control every aspect of their lives because they don't know how to.

Rank 1 - Learner
This rank is for those nations with citizens who know the basics about life. Some citizens may know more than others but everyone is usually able to get by in life perfectly fine. Some citizens are enrolled in some type of schooling if they are a minor, however, dropout rates are high.

Rank 2 - Adapters
This rank is for those nations with citizens who are smart, clever, and can easily respond to any problem (even though they can be wrong at some time). Most of their citizens are enrolled in some type of schooling if they are a minor.

Rank 3 - Geniuses
This rank is for those nations with citizens who are born smart and quickly adapt to their surroundings. All of the citizens are enrolled in high level courses and there is usually no need for school past a young age. Biotechnology may be of assistance in this category.

Not all ranks are set in stone! If you are on the fence you can feel free to choose whichever one!
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Space reserved for development.
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Space reserved for Economy
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Reserved for Spirituality
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Space Reserved for Influence
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Space Reserved for Calculations
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Space Reserved for Sharing
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information