NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites:AND BEYOND - Comedy, Supers, Space -(OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Talchyon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:02 pm

Barapam wrote:I rarely join ongoing rp:s, but I'm willing to make an exception for this one. I just need to skim the IC, maybe the OOC too, a little better first. Anything else I should know?

I imagine a Soviet cosmonaut with space bear powers, who drifted off course and after years of hibernation got picked up by the aliens, where she now is a slave.



Excellent. Glad to see you're interested. What to know is that the Minnesota Infinites are the lamest group of superheroes that no one else wanted in their superhero teams, not good enough to cut it with the more powerful groups. So guys with incredibly lame powers are the only ones accepted. Same thing for the villains. Oh, and now they've been captured to go to space as the champions of Earth, to fight in an intergalactic arena against other aliens so Earth won't be enslaved for 1000 years.

Also, we have a running gag here. Every new character that joins, will have been here the entire length of the RP (from post 1 of the IC). Even though you the player is new, the character will have been there the whole time, just, quiet or occupied with something.

Your character sounds interesting. I'm ok with that as a background. What would you suggest for the space bear powers exactly? I'm intrigued, but I don't know where your going with this.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Barapam
Minister
 
Posts: 2247
Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Barapam » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Barapam wrote:I rarely join ongoing rp:s, but I'm willing to make an exception for this one. I just need to skim the IC, maybe the OOC too, a little better first. Anything else I should know?

I imagine a Soviet cosmonaut with space bear powers, who drifted off course and after years of hibernation got picked up by the aliens, where she now is a slave.



Excellent. Glad to see you're interested. What to know is that the Minnesota Infinites are the lamest group of superheroes that no one else wanted in their superhero teams, not good enough to cut it with the more powerful groups. So guys with incredibly lame powers are the only ones accepted. Same thing for the villains. Oh, and now they've been captured to go to space as the champions of Earth, to fight in an intergalactic arena against other aliens so Earth won't be enslaved for 1000 years.

Also, we have a running gag here. Every new character that joins, will have been here the entire length of the RP (from post 1 of the IC). Even though you the player is new, the character will have been there the whole time, just, quiet or occupied with something.

Your character sounds interesting. I'm ok with that as a background. What would you suggest for the space bear powers exactly? I'm intrigued, but I don't know where your going with this.

Basically that she can survive in harsch conditions, such as space, extreme temperatures and dehydration, maybe cockroach powers too so that she can survive a beheading, a nuclear attack and be capable of virgin birth, but while those powers are awesome, they're also mostly useless in everyday life or a fight. It's mostly so I can have a Cosmonaut from the 60's still young and convinced Nikita Chrustjov still is calling the shots. It would have to mean an exception from the running gag though, since she had been in space for 40 years in hibernation and meet the rest in the arena.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Talchyon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Barapam wrote:
Talchyon wrote:
Excellent. Glad to see you're interested. What to know is that the Minnesota Infinites are the lamest group of superheroes that no one else wanted in their superhero teams, not good enough to cut it with the more powerful groups. So guys with incredibly lame powers are the only ones accepted. Same thing for the villains. Oh, and now they've been captured to go to space as the champions of Earth, to fight in an intergalactic arena against other aliens so Earth won't be enslaved for 1000 years.

Also, we have a running gag here. Every new character that joins, will have been here the entire length of the RP (from post 1 of the IC). Even though you the player is new, the character will have been there the whole time, just, quiet or occupied with something.

Your character sounds interesting. I'm ok with that as a background. What would you suggest for the space bear powers exactly? I'm intrigued, but I don't know where your going with this.

Basically that she can survive in harsch conditions, such as space, extreme temperatures and dehydration, maybe cockroach powers too so that she can survive a beheading, a nuclear attack and be capable of virgin birth, but while those powers are awesome, they're also mostly useless in everyday life or a fight. It's mostly so I can have a Cosmonaut from the 60's still young and convinced Nikita Chrustjov still is calling the shots. It would have to mean an exception from the running gag though, since she had been in space for 40 years in hibernation and meet the rest in the arena.


I think a lot of these powers are way too OP for these guys. We have guys with powers such as: an inventor who's crowning achievement is a kitten cannon, a hero who can grow fur on himself, a guy who can animate origami, and a girl who can turn herself into a crazy old Scottish grandma. And more like that.

I'd allow something like the ability to communicate with cockroaches, if you wanted cockroach abilities. And I am definitely fine with the idea of a character who thinks Kruschev is still the leader of the Russians. (Even though that goes against the running gag, it's still good). We can come up with a way to explain it - maybe some advanced alien tech that kept this cosmonaut in hibernation until now. Sort of thing. But he would have to have lamer powers than the ones you are talking about.

-Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Zjaum
Senator
 
Posts: 3919
Founded: Oct 15, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zjaum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:43 pm

I feel a little betrayed that you didn't mention me in the list of lame superheroes...
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

User avatar
Barapam
Minister
 
Posts: 2247
Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Barapam » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:47 am

I'll tone it down then. It's pretty much just the cryosleep I really need, the rest is bonus.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

User avatar
Barapam
Minister
 
Posts: 2247
Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Barapam » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:08 pm

Name: Irina Borisova
Codename: "Space Bear" - Maybe. It isn't set yet, since she just now meets the Infinites, and she isn't aware of her powers until a conversation about the Cold War being long over takes place. And if it doesn't, well...
Age: 26. Well, that's unless you count that she's been frozen in space for an additional 48 years. In that case she's 74. Then again, time flows differently in space, doesn't it? So in that case, it's... I don't know, okay? She thinks she's 26 anyway, and that's not entirely wrong, so we'll stick with that.
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Image
Image

Bio: TBA
Powers: She can survive being freeze-dryed. In space!
RP sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=421321&p=32376569#p32376569



(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: "What? Oh, right, my super powers that I don't know of yet. Yes, I can apparantly hibernate for half a decade, or something like that?"
Why did you become a superhero: "I see we're continuing on the meta track here. Well, because I met these other superheroes, I mean I will meet, on this alien ship, and it was, I mean will probably be, the most logic choice to join up with them."
What are your goals for the future: "Not being a slave for the aliens any longer is top priority. Then hopefully, I can go back to the USSR somehow. Ah yes, I'm not in meta mode right now, now I'm back to what I know at the moment. I can't see the future, you know."
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): She had pretty much no other choice. I think it's obvious from what's written above and below.
How would you describe your talents?:
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) She's been presumed dead for almost 50 years, since no one could find her or expected her to live that long.
What are your strengths?: "I don't speak in a stereotypical Russian accent of broken English. Then again, that could be because I'm not a villain, or because Barapam, yes, now I'm going meta again, doesn't know how to write that properly."
What are your weaknesses?: "I think it's still 1969. Also, my superpower is just a plot device to introduce me to the story, and otherwise completely useless."
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): I guess the rest of the cast will react negatively to the fact that she's a Commie?
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: "Can I get back to you on that? I'm actually not completely sure what the Infinities do..."
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): Again, she's been presumed dead since 1969.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Talchyon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Barapam wrote:Name: Irina Borisova
Codename: "Space Bear" - Maybe. It isn't set yet, since she just now meets the Infinites, and she isn't aware of her powers until a conversation about the Cold War being long over takes place. And if it doesn't, well...
Age: 26. Well, that's unless you count that she's been frozen in space for an additional 48 years. In that case she's 74. Then again, time flows differently in space, doesn't it? So in that case, it's... I don't know, okay? She thinks she's 26 anyway, and that's not entirely wrong, so we'll stick with that.
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Bio: TBA
Powers: She can survive being freeze-dryed. In space!
RP sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=421321&p=32376569#p32376569



(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: "What? Oh, right, my super powers that I don't know of yet. Yes, I can apparantly hibernate for half a decade, or something like that?"
Why did you become a superhero: "I see we're continuing on the meta track here. Well, because I met these other superheroes, I mean I will meet, on this alien ship, and it was, I mean will probably be, the most logic choice to join up with them."
What are your goals for the future: "Not being a slave for the aliens any longer is top priority. Then hopefully, I can go back to the USSR somehow. Ah yes, I'm not in meta mode right now, now I'm back to what I know at the moment. I can't see the future, you know."
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): She had pretty much no other choice. I think it's obvious from what's written above and below.
How would you describe your talents?:
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) She's been presumed dead for almost 50 years, since no one could find her or expected her to live that long.
What are your strengths?: "I don't speak in a stereotypical Russian accent of broken English. Then again, that could be because I'm not a villain, or because Barapam, yes, now I'm going meta again, doesn't know how to write that properly."
What are your weaknesses?: "I think it's still 1969. Also, my superpower is just a plot device to introduce me to the story, and otherwise completely useless."
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): I guess the rest of the cast will react negatively to the fact that she's a Commie?
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: "Can I get back to you on that? I'm actually not completely sure what the Infinities do..."
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): Again, she's been presumed dead since 1969.


ACCEPTED! Welcome to the Infinites!

I will get the cast list updated in a few days. I am out of town for a few days at a conference.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Barapam
Minister
 
Posts: 2247
Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Barapam » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 pm

Thank you! Is it ok if I include her bio in the first post instead of in the app?
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

User avatar
The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator
 
Posts: 4974
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

WIP

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:02 am

Name: Alex Greer
Codename: Drinking Man
Age: 22
Sex: Male
Appearance:
Image

Bio:

Alex was born in a working-class family, the usual stuffs. But his childhood was hampered with disappeared father and a drugged mother, but since his father's already retired when he disappeared while Alex was 3, he got himself pension income and thus able to live normally. Sort of. In any case, he went to high school, not the best, perhaps one of the worse students, academically-wise. Then one day the school made a school trip to local chemical plant. When they explored it, he stumbled across a green-ish liquid inside a chemical glass. Thirsty, he drank it anyway, since it smelled and tasted like a soda. But it was not a soda, but an experimental drug that changed the metabolism of the body. He felt nauseous and vomitted at the toilet. On the way home, they stopped at convenience store and he bought himself some beers but felt no drunkness.

A year later, he was kicked out of school for failing grades, and kicked out of house by his sobered mother and his new stepfather, a former soldier. He then realized he had the unique power of drinking and no effects. Of course, after a journey of drinking competitions and lowly jobs as security guard, he enlisted into Minnesota Infinites, and may perhaps found himself in the new place that fits.
Powers: The ability to drink anything and never receive the effects.
RP sample: viewtopic.php?p=32167460#p32167460



(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: "Well, apparently this ability I got, it makes me able to drink anything. And I mean...anything! As long as it's liquid. So from the mundanes like tea, coffee, beer, to the ones like liquid perfume, poisons, acid, melted iron, lava, anything!"
Why did you become a superhero: "Well, I have this great ability...that I never ask for, and so I guess this ability of mine was rewarded upon me to be used for greater good! Or something like that.
What are your goals for the future: "Replacing this ability with anything else! I cannot get drunk because of this ability! And maybe become rich at some point?"
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): His parents kicked him out, he has no job, no place, no money. So it's obvious he has no choice but to enlist himself with these...Infinites.
How would you describe your talents?: "Well, these talents of mine...involved some basic training on the use of tasers, beside the drinking abilities. I'm a former low-level security guard, remember. And uh...well, able to won drinking competitions, too. Those beers unaffected me."
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) "Look, if I can spew fire after I drink the beers or spew the liquid to entangle the villains, I'll be major-league superhero right now! Or at least a household-name for vigilante! But nope, no abilities like that. Just the usual "drinking and no effects" abilities for me."
What are your strengths?: "Um...beside the drinking ability? Uh, those training I mentioned involving the use of taser. Maybe I have a physically conditioned body, so does everyone else in the Infinites."
What are your weaknesses?: "Uh...I'm not terribly smart, to be honest. High school dropout. I can read and write well, but I don't understand complex mechanism. I don't know how to fight hand-to-hand well, and I don't know how to use guns. Also, I did said I don't spew fire or something violent out of my ability. Just...drinking and no effects for me and from me."
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): "Intelligence, like I said! God, I already said it once! I'm not terribly smart! I don't understand complex mechanism, modern science, maybe even slightly less intelligent in academic aspects."
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: "Uh...because everyone has the same chances, equally speaking?"
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): "I'm nobody, unknown. Nobody knows me, I don't have social media accounts, I'm not exactly the most popular in school and all that shit."
Last edited by The Knockout Gun Gals on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Talchyon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:50 am

Barapam wrote:Thank you! Is it ok if I include her bio in the first post instead of in the app?


Sure that's fine.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Barapam
Minister
 
Posts: 2247
Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Barapam » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:04 am

Talchyon wrote:
Barapam wrote:Thank you! Is it ok if I include her bio in the first post instead of in the app?


Sure that's fine.

I notice now that I forgot to include her description of her abilities in the app as well. Oh well.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

User avatar
Zanera
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9715
Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Zjaum wrote:I feel a little betrayed that you didn't mention me in the list of lame superheroes...


Some of us have to be Aquaman, Robin.

User avatar
The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1379
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:18 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Sorry about inactivity guys, will try to get a post tomorrow on my day off

Well, that didn't work. So you know what I'm going to do? I'm juts gonna go ahead and get a post up.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

User avatar
The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator
 
Posts: 4974
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:55 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Name: Alex Greer
Codename: Drinking Man
Age: 22
Sex: Male
Appearance:
Bio:

Alex was born in a working-class family, the usual stuffs. But his childhood was hampered with disappeared father and a drugged mother, but since his father's already retired when he disappeared while Alex was 3, he got himself pension income and thus able to live normally. Sort of. In any case, he went to high school, not the best, perhaps one of the worse students, academically-wise. Then one day the school made a school trip to local chemical plant. When they explored it, he stumbled across a green-ish liquid inside a chemical glass. Thirsty, he drank it anyway, since it smelled and tasted like a soda. But it was not a soda, but an experimental drug that changed the metabolism of the body. He felt nauseous and vomitted at the toilet. On the way home, they stopped at convenience store and he bought himself some beers but felt no drunkness.

A year later, he was kicked out of school for failing grades, and kicked out of house by his sobered mother and his new stepfather, a former soldier. He then realized he had the unique power of drinking and no effects. Of course, after a journey of drinking competitions and lowly jobs as security guard, he enlisted into Minnesota Infinites, and may perhaps found himself in the new place that fits.
Powers: The ability to drink anything and never receive the effects.
RP sample: viewtopic.php?p=32167460#p32167460



(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: "Well, apparently this ability I got, it makes me able to drink anything. And I mean...anything! As long as it's liquid. So from the mundanes like tea, coffee, beer, to the ones like liquid perfume, poisons, acid, melted iron, lava, anything!"
Why did you become a superhero: "Well, I have this great ability...that I never ask for, and so I guess this ability of mine was rewarded upon me to be used for greater good! Or something like that.
What are your goals for the future: "Replacing this ability with anything else! I cannot get drunk because of this ability! And maybe become rich at some point?"
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): His parents kicked him out, he has no job, no place, no money. So it's obvious he has no choice but to enlist himself with these...Infinites.
How would you describe your talents?: "Well, these talents of mine...involved some basic training on the use of tasers, beside the drinking abilities. I'm a former low-level security guard, remember. And uh...well, able to won drinking competitions, too. Those beers unaffected me."
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) "Look, if I can spew fire after I drink the beers or spew the liquid to entangle the villains, I'll be major-league superhero right now! Or at least a household-name for vigilante! But nope, no abilities like that. Just the usual "drinking and no effects" abilities for me."
What are your strengths?: "Um...beside the drinking ability? Uh, those training I mentioned involving the use of taser. Maybe I have a physically conditioned body, so does everyone else in the Infinites."
What are your weaknesses?: "Uh...I'm not terribly smart, to be honest. High school dropout. I can read and write well, but I don't understand complex mechanism. I don't know how to fight hand-to-hand well, and I don't know how to use guns. Also, I did said I don't spew fire or something violent out of my ability. Just...drinking and no effects for me and from me."
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): "Intelligence, like I said! God, I already said it once! I'm not terribly smart! I don't understand complex mechanism, modern science, maybe even slightly less intelligent in academic aspects."
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: "Uh...because everyone has the same chances, equally speaking?"
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): "I'm nobody, unknown. Nobody knows me, I don't have social media accounts, I'm not exactly the most popular in school and all that shit."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Talchyon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Zjaum wrote:I feel a little betrayed that you didn't mention me in the list of lame superheroes...


Mea culpa. It was not meant as a slight. Seriously, I love our players and your creativity. Every one of you brings something great to the RP. If I don't mention you, I haven't forgotten you and I do like your material. I just would have so much to type in praise of everyone that I can't always finagle the time.

-Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Talchyon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:24 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Name: Alex Greer
Codename: Drinking Man
Age: 22
Sex: Male
Appearance:
Bio:

Alex was born in a working-class family, the usual stuffs. But his childhood was hampered with disappeared father and a drugged mother, but since his father's already retired when he disappeared while Alex was 3, he got himself pension income and thus able to live normally. Sort of. In any case, he went to high school, not the best, perhaps one of the worse students, academically-wise. Then one day the school made a school trip to local chemical plant. When they explored it, he stumbled across a green-ish liquid inside a chemical glass. Thirsty, he drank it anyway, since it smelled and tasted like a soda. But it was not a soda, but an experimental drug that changed the metabolism of the body. He felt nauseous and vomitted at the toilet. On the way home, they stopped at convenience store and he bought himself some beers but felt no drunkness.

A year later, he was kicked out of school for failing grades, and kicked out of house by his sobered mother and his new stepfather, a former soldier. He then realized he had the unique power of drinking and no effects. Of course, after a journey of drinking competitions and lowly jobs as security guard, he enlisted into Minnesota Infinites, and may perhaps found himself in the new place that fits.
Powers: The ability to drink anything and never receive the effects.
RP sample: viewtopic.php?p=32167460#p32167460



(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: "Well, apparently this ability I got, it makes me able to drink anything. And I mean...anything! As long as it's liquid. So from the mundanes like tea, coffee, beer, to the ones like liquid perfume, poisons, acid, melted iron, lava, anything!"
Why did you become a superhero: "Well, I have this great ability...that I never ask for, and so I guess this ability of mine was rewarded upon me to be used for greater good! Or something like that.
What are your goals for the future: "Replacing this ability with anything else! I cannot get drunk because of this ability! And maybe become rich at some point?"
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): His parents kicked him out, he has no job, no place, no money. So it's obvious he has no choice but to enlist himself with these...Infinites.
How would you describe your talents?: "Well, these talents of mine...involved some basic training on the use of tasers, beside the drinking abilities. I'm a former low-level security guard, remember. And uh...well, able to won drinking competitions, too. Those beers unaffected me."
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) "Look, if I can spew fire after I drink the beers or spew the liquid to entangle the villains, I'll be major-league superhero right now! Or at least a household-name for vigilante! But nope, no abilities like that. Just the usual "drinking and no effects" abilities for me."
What are your strengths?: "Um...beside the drinking ability? Uh, those training I mentioned involving the use of taser. Maybe I have a physically conditioned body, so does everyone else in the Infinites."
What are your weaknesses?: "Uh...I'm not terribly smart, to be honest. High school dropout. I can read and write well, but I don't understand complex mechanism. I don't know how to fight hand-to-hand well, and I don't know how to use guns. Also, I did said I don't spew fire or something violent out of my ability. Just...drinking and no effects for me and from me."
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): "Intelligence, like I said! God, I already said it once! I'm not terribly smart! I don't understand complex mechanism, modern science, maybe even slightly less intelligent in academic aspects."
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: "Uh...because everyone has the same chances, equally speaking?"
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?): "I'm nobody, unknown. Nobody knows me, I don't have social media accounts, I'm not exactly the most popular in school and all that shit."


Ok. First, I like the idea of this guy and even more when I saw the picture and imagining him trying to do it.
Second, we don't allow profanities in this RP because the comics don't have them either. So please clean up any profanities in your app. Like the last word.

Third, I will allow him with the condition that if he drinks molten lava, liquid nitrogen, poisons, or anything else that would normally kill a person, he gets serious gas and flatulence issues. And that can last quite a while, depending on how deadly his drink was. If you can accept these, then I will welcome him in.

-Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Talchyon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:17 pm

Ok. The cast list has been updated. A good number of characters were moved to inactives. Again, if you think this is a mistake, and don't want your characters on the dreaded inactives list, then the solution is easy. Post.

I will also get to work updating the hero reference post on pg. 1. Good writing, Barapam, although I was surprised to see there was a villain called The Russian. We are getting quite obscure on some of these.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Barapam
Minister
 
Posts: 2247
Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Barapam » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:49 am

Talchyon wrote:Ok. The cast list has been updated. A good number of characters were moved to inactives. Again, if you think this is a mistake, and don't want your characters on the dreaded inactives list, then the solution is easy. Post.

I will also get to work updating the hero reference post on pg. 1. Good writing, Barapam, although I was surprised to see there was a villain called The Russian. We are getting quite obscure on some of these.

Thanks! Yes, I know, but since I wanted a couple of Russian themed heroes to name drop (at the moment I only had Red Star and the Nazi villain Red Skull immediately in mind) I found him when I googled, so I decided to use him right away and be done with it.

Btw, does Red Son count as Superman or a different guy?
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

User avatar
Whalestron
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1646
Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:31 am

Oh Hey, Another Russian. It'd Be A Shame If A Certain Teddy Bear Were To B u M p Into Her...

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Talchyon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Barapam wrote:Btw, does Red Son count as Superman or a different guy?


Well, seeing as how I'm more of a Marvel guy and had never heard of Red Son, I'll say whatever you want.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Talchyon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:56 pm

Whalestron wrote:Oh Hey, Another Russian. It'd Be A Shame If A Certain Teddy Bear Were To B u M p Into Her...


I was hoping Nikolai would show up! He hasn't made a peep this entire arc. Plus, I think I moved him to the dreaded inactive list, so I would really like to see him come back.

- Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

User avatar
Zjaum
Senator
 
Posts: 3919
Founded: Oct 15, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zjaum » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:59 am

Talchyon wrote:
Barapam wrote:Btw, does Red Son count as Superman or a different guy?


Well, seeing as how I'm more of a Marvel guy and had never heard of Red Son, I'll say whatever you want.


Well, Red Son is probably his own entity.
His point of origin is Earth instead of Krypton, even though everyone has the same names. His powers and backstory are similar enough, but ultimately there are just too many differences. I'd say that Red Son is probably the best take on Superman that I've seen, but, just as Bizarro Superman isn't Superman, neither is Red Son. Also, I never really got what Luthorism was. Could someone explain that to me? It didn't really seem like a feasible concept, let alone ideology. So, just let one guy solve all the world's problems?
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

User avatar
The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy
 
Posts: 233
Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:27 am

I will try to get a post up today. I've been too busy.
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.
"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC



GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

User avatar
The Central Shadow Nation
Minister
 
Posts: 2541
Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:26 pm

God I keep disappearing. Without reading the IC, tell me how I can have Ugg, Croc', and Fruitbat do something
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

User avatar
Talchyon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Talchyon » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:06 pm

The Central Shadow Nation wrote:God I keep disappearing. Without reading the IC, tell me how I can have Ugg, Croc', and Fruitbat do something


Hey CSN. OK, so everyone is touring the ship led by Spasticus. But a new person, a Soviet cosmonaut from the 60s, has just met the Infinites, being just released from slavery.

Fruitbat can react to her. Ugg should introduce himself. Croc can get bored and sing something.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.


Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eghoo, Estebere

Advertisement

Remove ads